A Station Eight Fan Web Site
First of all, I just recently re-discovered Gargoyles. I watched some episodes as a kid, but after rewatching the whole series again (minus TGC because I can't find that ANYWHERE), I only now as a 21 year old understand how fantastic that show really was. I'm only sad I'm just now finding this out, just to see that it was cancelled for various reasons.
However, I still want to support this series as much as I can. I just bought the 2nd part of season 2 from Walmart (was very shocked to see that in the Disney section!), and I've recently discovered you made a comic series that takes place after the end of season 2. I want to read this so bad, but this is such an old series now that any trace of scans are all gone due to the sites being dead. And unless I used my credit, I couldn't even afford the comics because Clan Building 1 alone goes for almost $200 now...
Sorry for the splurge of info, but I would like to know if you know of another way I can read these comics? I know I'll buy them someday, but for now I just want to read them - I'm really interested in it!
Anyway, hope life's going well, and would love to see a Gathering maybe in Wisconsin sometime! ^^
I can't recommend Goliath Chronicles. We don't consider it canon.
As for the comics, I don't have a good answer for you now. They're just flat-out out of print. We're trying to rectify it, but unless you want to spend bucks on used copies - or can borrow 'em from a friend, you're just out of luck for the time being. That does NOT make me happy, as I want fans to be able to read them. But there's not much I can do about it now.
We don't really do Gatherings anymore. But I was in Madison for a convention last summer. Were you there?
Stop #6 on the Gargoyles Twentieth Anniversary Tour is LONG BEACH COMIC CON: http://longbeachcomiccon.com/
The full schedule can be found here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55700
But here's MY schedule. I'll only be there the one day - Saturday, September 27, 2014 - but as you can see, I'm certainly keeping busy, with five panels and three signings!
LONG BEACH COMIC CON
Saturday, September 27, 2014
11:30am - 12:20pm - Room 102B/C
GARGOYLES TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY
Moderator: Greg Weisman (Creator, Producer, Writer)
1. Thom Adcox-Hernandez (Voice of Lexington, Brentwood)
2. Vic Cook (Storyboard Artist)
3. Elisa Gabrielli (Voice of Obsidiana & Maria Chavez)
4. Frank Paur (Producer, Director)
5. Dave Schwartz (Development Art Director)
12:30pm - 01:30pm - Signing Area
I won't be attending this signing (because I have to rush off to another panel), but the rest of the Gargoyles panelists will probably be there.
12:30pm - 01:50pm - Hero Complex Theater, Room 104A
WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION PRESENTS YOUNG JUSTICE
Moderator: Jevon Phillips (Los Angeles Times)
1. Phil Bourassa (Emmy Winning Character Designer)
2. Cameron Bowen (Voice of Robin/Tim Drake)
3. Kris Carter (Composer)
4. Nicole Dubuc (Writer, Voice of Iris West-Allen)
5. Oded Fehr (Voice of Ra's al Ghul)
6. Kevin Grevioux (Voice of Black Beetle)
7. Kevin Hopps (Writer)
8. Bryton James (Voice of Virgil Hawkins/Static)
9. Josh Keaton (Voice of Black Spider)
10. Curtis Koller (Talent Coordinator)
11. Eric Lopez (Voice of Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes, Scarab)
12. Michael McCuistion (Composer)
13. Jay Oliva (Director)
14. Mark Rolston (Voice of Lex Luthor, Jonathan Kent)
15. Jason Spisak (Voice of Kid Flash/Wally West)
16. James Arnold Taylor (Voice of Flash, Neutron, Topo, Burton Thompson)
17. Brandon Vietti (Producer, Writer)
18. Greg Weisman (Producer, Writer, Voice of Lucas Carr)
19. David Wilcox (Line Producer)
02:00pm - 03:00pm - Signing Area
YOUNG JUSTICE SIGNING
I plan on being here for only the first twenty minutes or so - before I have to run off to yet another panel. But for as long as I can stay, I will sign for free, anything you put in front of me. I will also be signing and selling copies of my animation teleplays for $20 cash. Among the series you'll have to choose from are Gargoyles, Men In Black, Team Atlantis, W.I.T.C.H., The Batman, The Spectacular Spider-Man, DC Showcase/Green Arrow, Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Young Justice, Beware the Batman and two radio-plays: The Spectacular Spider-Man Meets Gargoyles and Gargoyles Meets The Spectacular Spider-Man Meets Young Justice. All while supplies last, and for as long as I can stay. So show up promptly at 2pm.
02:30pm - 03:20pm - Room 102B/C
THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN
Moderator: Greg Weisman (Supervising Producer, Writer, Voice of Donald Menken)
1. Kevin Altieri (Director)
2. Kris Carter (Composer)
3. Victor Cook (Supervising Producer, Supervising Director)
4. Nicole Dubuc (Writer)
5. Elisa Gabrielli (Voice of Ashley Kafka)
6. Sean "Cheeks" Galloway (Lead Character Designer)
7. Kevin Hopps (Writer)
8. Josh Keaton (Voice of Peter Parker/The Spectacular Spider-Man)
9. Andrew Kishino (Voice of Kenny Kong, Ned Lee)
10. Phil LaMarr (Voice of Fancy Dan/Ricochet, Joe "Robbie" Robertson, Rand Robertson, Homunculus)
11. Joshua LeBar (Voice of Flash Thompson)
12. Eric Lopez (Voice of Mark Allen/Molten Man)
13. Michael McCuistion (Composer)
14. Daran Norris (Voice of J. Jonah Jameson, John Jameson/Colonel Jupiter)
15. Deborah Strang (Voice of Aunt May Parker)
16. James Arnold Taylor (Voice of Harry Osborn, Frederick Foswell/Patch, Alan O'Neil, Homunculus)
17. Wade Wisinski (Line Producer)
03:30pm - 04:20pm - Room 102B/C
DISNEY AFTERNOON: THE CONTINUING LEGACY
Moderator: Aaron Sparrow (Writer of Darkwing Duck: The Duck Knight Returns)
1. Jim Cummings (Voice of Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, etc.)
2. Jymn Magon (Creator/Producer Talespin)
3. Greg Weisman (Creator/Producer Gargoyles)
4. Mark Zaslove (Story Editor/Producer Talespin)
04:00pm - 05:00pm - Signing Area
SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN SIGNING
I'll have to miss this one too, as I'll be in the Disney Afternoon Panel, followed by the Disney Afternoon signing.
04:30pm - 05:20pm - Disney Afternoon Reunion Booth/Signing Area
DISNEY AFTERNOON SIGNING
I'll be at this one for the entire signing. Again, I'll sign anything you bring along for free. And I'll also be signing and selling my teleplays.
05:30pm - 06:20pm - Room 102B/C
RAIN OF THE GHOSTS
Greg Weisman (Author)
06:30pm - 7:30pm - Booth 104 on Show Floor
MYSTERIOUS GALAXY SIGNING
I'll be selling and signing copies of my two novels, RAIN OF THE GHOSTS and SPIRITS OF ASH AND FOAM.
I just rewatched the shows of gargoyles and read the comics. First my hat goes off to you on the excellent universe you created. I also read the comics before watching season 3 since I know its not canonical, and I couldnt help but notice that the way you finished the comics and how season 3 is structured you could almost take the shows of said season as stories that could have easily taken place after the end of the clan building arc. Itried to view them as such and think that (looking over some slight differences in caracter developments) they make a decent ending until you can once again retake work on Gargoyles.
Did you structure it this way when you closed the Comics? If so diddo. Hope you are able to retake work on Gargoyles in the future, it is definately a very rich world that deserves to continue.
Once again thank you for your great work and I was and continue to be an avid fan of Gargoyles.
Hello Mr. Weisman it is me again; I forgot to ask you an other question: will be a special edition of the goliath chronicles with the supervision of you and your colleagues(Frank Paur, Michael Riveas and the japanese film producers)? maybe with the episodes that you've wrote in the comic books(Clan Building volume 1 and the others)?I saw the Goliath chronicles on youtube and it disappointed me.
Hey when you have time why don't you see on youtube the italian episodes of the Gargoyles, the voices are pretty beautiful, Goliath is voiced by Alessandro Rossi.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, Brian. Frank and Michael didn't work on Goliath Chronicles at all. Neither did Walt Disney Television Animation Japan. And I barely worked on any of it beyond the first episode. If this is a DVD question, than I doubt they'll be releasing Goliath Chronicles on DVD. Certainly not while Season Two isn't fully released.
I've watched season 3 of Gargoyles and I thought it was pretty bad. The quality of the season went down with each episode. I was wondering what are your thoughts on season 3 and why didn't you continue working on the show?
I've answered this many times before. Please check the Ask Greg Archives under "Goliath Chronicles".
Have you watched The Goliath Chronicles (season 3 Gargoyles)? If yes, what did you think of it?
P.S. The Manhattan Clan is the best super hero TEAM ever made. It's better than the Justice League, better than Teen Titans, better than the Avengers, better than the Autobots, better than the ninja turtles, BETTER THAN ANY SUPERHERO TEAM EVER!!!! Also, your version of Spider-Man is the best super hero ever!!!
Check the archives for the answer to your question.
Thanks for your kind words.
when do you think the will put the second part of season two on dvd & will they be puting the goliath chronicles on dvd too? also do you think you will be making more episodes os spin off of the series?
The "more episodes" exist in comic book form. Check 'em out. And Disney currently has no plans to put out more DVDs. See the archives for more info.
I know you weren't involved in the Goliath Chronicles and I do not wish to annoy you with questions from there that you couldn't possibly answer, but... in the episode Genesis Undone, Sevarius mentions having the middle name "Bartholomew". Do you consider this to be actually a part of his name?
Not particularly. But I don't object to it either.
First of all, thank you for such an intelligent, brilliantly-written series.
Secondly, I have a question regarding Broadway and Angela's kiss in The Journey. I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I don't recall finding anything related to it in the archives.
You've stated (I believe in the DVD commentary) that gargoyles don't kiss to show affection, but rather wrap their wings around each other and stroke each other's hair. So why do Broadway and Angela kiss? I've had a number of theories, myself:
1. being younger, Broadway and Angela (especially Angela) have been heavily influenced by the tendencies of humans, ie. ways of displaying affection. I mean, Angela must have seen Tom macking on Katherine a few times back on Avalon, right? Not to mention the fact that the eggs were raised in an unconventional (human) way.
2. To show the pair actally kissing would have truly established them as a solid couple in the minds of viewers. It's also a lot more heart-wrenching to see them kiss with Brooklyn watching them.
3. It WAS The Goliath Chronicles, and the writers weren't aware of all the nuances in the world of the gargoyles.
Well, I've probably gone and answered my question, in there. But thanks for taking the time to read through this, anyway!
You and Gargoyles truly are the bees' knees.
We're stuck with 1 & 2, since I was the writer of "The Journey".