A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Thanks for taking the time to answer so many fan questions. I was a big W.I.T.C.H. fan when it was on the air and one thing that always confused me in season 2 was when Nerissa said that Caleb was created by her "entirely for that purpose" (of leading the rebellion.) Did she actually have some role in him becoming the leader of the rebellion and can she have possibly have known it before he was even born? Or was she just saying that to get in his head at that moment?
All of the above.
So I'm back, I won't judge you if you don't remember the questions I asked before but, as I'm following your guidelines, those were for one topic and now I'm in need for answers about W.I.T.C.H., which by far was on my top 5 favorite tv shows as a kid.
1). Was it always Cornelia and Caleb that would be together or did you try a different W.I.T.C.H. girl with him? If so, who?
2). In season 1, Will didn't really have an elemental power, but later on, she discovered it, fro, the beginning did you guys know that that would be her elemental power?
3). Around the time W.I.T.C.H. aired, Winx Club was also going on, did the writers of W.I.T.C.H. ever get accused of taking ideas from the show, or did you ever see anything that was strangely similar to yours? If so, did you actively try to make sure the plot didn't really correlate with Winx Club's?
4). Was there ever going to be a season three of W.I.T.C.H.? Or was it untimely cancelled?
5). Whose your favorite character on the show and why?
Thanks so much!!
1. Did you see the episodes? If so, you saw what we did.
2. I didn't work on Season One. But when I came aboard to produce Season Two, I felt it odd that she had no power. Traditionally, the fifth element is Quintessence. So I gave her that, and it made some sense to express that as Lightning. So we knew from the beginning of Season Two that that was the plan. But I don't see how they could have had that in mind during Season One. But you'd have to ask the showrunner for that season to be sure.
3. I never watched WINX. To my knowledge, no one ever accused us of stealing from WINX - unless you're doing that now. And, no, we didn't work to be different. We just did our own thing.
4. Um... we hoped for one. But the series wasn't picked up for a third season.
5. I don't have a single favorite. I love 'em all.
Hello Greg! Long time fan, first time asking a question. My ask is about W.I.T.C.H. I know it's been a long time, and you've said there's things you can't remember and I completely understand that - but I thought I'd ask anyway.
I was always so invested in Cornelia and Caleb's relationship and thought it was so wonderfully well written and engaging. My questions are these:
1. Can you recall if you had a plan for them going forward into season three?
2. If so, what kind of things were going to happen to them?
1. I recall that we had a plan.
2. No spoilers.
Hi Greg. I want your opinion on a few things. Do you believe in a W.I.T.C.H. comeback in the future, maybe as live action TV series, a movie, or why not a season 3? And do you think a better option will be starting over from 0, and not go for a season 3? Maybe with a new original adaptation of the comic for this comeback? Btw I'm a big a fun of your work, and I follow all your tweets on Twitter.
I really don't know.
Obviously - selfishly - my preference would be for them to re-air or make available the first two seasons and then have me work on a season three. A reboot wouldn't interest me at all.
Hi there! I'm a huge fan of the W.I.T.C.H tv series, I grew up on it and it actually inspired me to study animation (first year student)! I recently discovered your speculation about Nerissa and Cassidy being lovers and as a bisexual woman this fills my heart with so much joy (even if it did end in, well, death). I have a few questions about C.H.Y.K.N. if that's okay!
1. Do you believe that Kadma and Halinor had a romantic relationship, either as guardians or later on in life?
2. Was their a reason for Kadma and Halinor's stories being drastically changed in the show? I recall them running and orphanage together in the comics, I'm curious if there was a reason why at least one of them wasn't still on Earth (and why Halinor was written as a loyal follower of the Oracle, and not a defector).
3. What time period exactly were C.H.Y.K.N. at large in? I've calculated the late fifties to mid sixties, but it really depends when the show is set.
4. Was there ever going to be a C.H.Y.KN. arc showing more flashbacks of their time as guardians, if more seasons were produced?
Thank you so much for your time, W.I.T.C.H. is one of my biggest inspirations as an aspiring animator and I especially really enjoyed the second season's plot with the past guardians! I hope you're doing well!
1. I'm not saying no, but I don't recall ever thinking that.
2. We adapted the comics we had at hand at the time. But we needed to make some changes, both to fit the first season of the television show and to create certain dynamics for our second season. That meant putting all five members of CHYKN in diverse locations, doing different thing so that none of their corruptions would feel repetitive.
3. I don't remember the math.
4. Given enough episodes, I would have loved to do that. I didn't have any specific plans. But I loved the characters.
I've recently been obsessed with W.I.T.C.H recently and have been rewatching all the episodes. I absolutely love the show from the plot, writing, voice acting, animation and sound. And over all it's so fun to wacth
1)How do you think Nerissa and Cassidy fell in love and got together?
2)Do you have a favourite pairing within W.I.T.C.H. I personally quite like the idea of Will and Hay Lin.
1. It's been sooooo long that if I had a specific notion, I don't remember. Otherwise, they were teammates and spent a lot of time together, so one thing led to another.
2. Well, I think both Will and Hay Lin are straight. But this sounds like shipping, and it's not my job to rain on your parade. So have fun with it.
ALL of your past and present projects have been renewed, and you have been asked to help them all. Which one would you prioritize, and why?
Well, as many regular readers of this site know, I'm not big on hypotheticals. Reality is so much more complicated, but I'll give it a shot:
GARGOYLES first, always. We're trying to get another comic book version now. Tweet the hashtag #WeLiveAgain!
YOUNG JUSTICE, second. Season Three is real. It's here. I'm working on it.
I'm also working on the second book in the WORLD OF WARCRAFT: TRAVELER series, THE SPIRAL PATH, and recently completed co-plotting work on THE FALL AND RISE OF CAPTAIN ATOM, w/my old Captain Atom partner Cary Bates.
The third book in the RAIN OF THE GHOSTS series, MASQUE OF BONES, which I still plan to get back to as soon as I possibly can.
Everything else falls into the category of it's just too hypothetical to differentiate. But I'm very fond of THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, W.I.T.C.H., ROUGHNECKS: THE STARSHIP TROOPER CHRONICLES, STARBRAND & NIGHTMASK, anything with the STAR WARS REBELS characters [especially STAR WARS KANAN], 3X3 EYES, DISNEY'S VILLAINS and many others.
And I'm sure Edmund Tsabard would love to finish Last Tengu in Paris.
Hi! I know it's been a long time since W.I.T.C.H season 2 but is there are any possibilities of new seasons? Just in love with the cartoon from the childhood
I doubt it. But I'd love to do more.
Hey. I've searched through your archives about W.I.T.C.H related questions, initially I wanted to ask you about a timeline related question that seems to be a continuity error but I've seen you don't have a timeline for W.I.T.C.H and don't remember a whole lot of it. But in searching the archives I have thought up another question. You claim credit for the "X is for Xword" format of the Episode Titles. This was sometimes worked very well, sometimes forced but always fun and a great way of remembering what happened in each episode. My question is, had a third season been made and you were involved, would you have continued this trend or replaced it with something similar, and if so, what would it be?
It's embarrassing to admit, but I don't remember. I know I had a plan for Season Three titles, but I've got no memory of what that plan was. It wouldn't have been exactly the same, i.e. I wouldn't have just started over with the letter A. But beyond that....
1)Why do you think that Irma from W.I.T.C.H. is a lesbian? Even after watching the series twice, I must admit I don't see it.
2)We know that Nerissa is bisexual, but is Cassidy a lesbian or bisexual?
1. Then you don't see it. For me it has to do with her only truly being interested in guys that are obviously out of reach. She's fighting to be straight, which I think is not uncommon in our culture. But by choosing unattainable choices, she's guaranteeing that she won't have to actually wind up with a guy. (And when she actually comes close to landing one of them, she bolts.) None of this makes it impossible for her to be straight or bisexual or whatever. But in my gut, that's what I sense is going on.
2. I think she's a lesbian.
But I should say, this is all just my opinion.