A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Are you a huge Ben 10 fan? I only asked because you've casted James Remar, Dee Bradley Baker and Yuri Lowenthal onto Young Justice.
I wrote a few Ben 10s and I like the show. But I've been working with Dee since W.I.T.C.H. and James since Spectacular Spider-Man (and I liked him in live action even before that). Brandon had worked with Yuri on Legion of Super-Heroes, plus Yuri did some great audition work for us on YJ, but just didn't get cast as any of our leads.
So... no. I didn't even know James and Yuri were on Ben Ten.
I've mistakenly put typos in my name for my last two questions now & I'm terribly sorry for that especially since you put yourself out to answer all of our questions.
Don't worry about it.
Was the Idea to make Owen Puck decided AFTER season one was scripted? We see a lot of wry smiles and references in season 2 but none is season 3. Was this because he wasn't originally going to be Puck, or was it to make the story simpler?
We didn't even know there was a Puck in Season One. But we did know that Owen had a secret. And I had nothing to do with Season Three.
First, amazing job and cant wait for the rest of the season and future ones!
1. It was hinted at the end of the recent episode that Zatanna would love to join if her dad didnt ground her for life! (which it shoes he will) but will she be returning as a main character or just another guest on the show!
2. Awhile back, it was mentioned that we would finally get to see an animated version of Wonder Girl, but due to legal reasons wouldnt appear until further in the season or the 2nd(i hope this season). Any hints/clues as to when or if we will see her? (though i would be happy just to see a WonderGirl but i would guess it will be Donna as you have Robin as Dick.)
3. If the above two are current or appear on the show will that affect the relationships between the current ones? ie Robin & Zatana(though not officially a couple there was plenty of flirting going on) Superboy & Miss Martian (even though he dated Cassie not Donna)
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. WHO "mentioned" this? Not me. When asked, I've said SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
3. ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.
I'm gonna try and ask this really carefully because I don't want it to be a suggestion more than a question. I'm a bit curious about the relationship between Xanatos and Sevarius.
1. Did Sevarius really need Xanatos or just his money?
2. Did Sevarius just let Xanatos think he had control over the project?
Thanks in advance
1. Money and resources. Though I think Sevarius admired Xanatos to a certain extent.
2. I don't know what you mean. Which project?
First, I wanted to say that I am delighted that you've kept "Ask Greg" going over the years. I sent in a message back in 2002, and was recently delighted to discover that you had responded to it, two years later! You're my hero. Not just for that, but also because "Gargoyles" and "Ask Greg" helped inspire me to write, myself.
Another thing, though.
There's a group on Facebook devoted to urging Disney to release Gargoyles Seasons 2 Vol. 2 on DVD, and recently some of us have been emailing email@example.com to ask them to do this.
And recently, some of us have been getting replies. Mine is as follows:
"Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer your questions.
There are tentative plans to release the rest of this series in 2012. No further details are available at this time.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations
US and Canada"
Have you heard anything about this?
Only that others have received a similar response. Beyond that, I am ignorant.
1.I saw the Young Justice Invasion poster and its are hard to make out the characters but I think I've got them are these the characters on the poster? Miss Martian, Artemis, Robin, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, Kid Flash.
2.How old is Zatanna?
1. You're right about some, wrong about others. But, really, don't obsess about it too much. It's a piece of promotional art. It's NOT canon. Not even the logo is final.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
NOW, CONGRATULATE ME! I've gotten the queue down to under 300 questions!!! Whew!
Do you know who is the snitch in young justice?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
IF we see batgirl in this series will it be bette or barbara
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Young Justice is my favorite show, and I watch it every week with my dad. I love all of the characters, especially Robin. Thank you for making such a great show. I just have some questions: is there a reason why Wally West lives in Central City rather than Blue Valley, his comic book hometown? For some reason this has been bugging me. Also, does this mean that Wally was president of the Central City Flash Fan Club?
Anyway, my favorite character in the entire show has got to be Captain Marvel. I just laugh hysterically every time he does something. How can the team not notice that he acts like a ten year old boy? It's very, very obvious. Does CM have some sort of natural charisma about him that block people's perceptions?
I can't wait until the teens find out that Captain Marvel is really younger than them!
We just put all the Flash characters in Central City to bring more coherence to the idea.
As for Captain Marvel, what's obvious to you wouldn't likely even occur as a possibility to most. Why would it? You see an adult with those powers and the wisdom of Solomon, and why would it EVER even occur to you that he might actually be a ten-year-old kid? Because he's sincere and friendly? Because he's solicitous and occasionally naive? Those aren't qualities limited to kids.
i was wondering where zatanna lives and if she will join the team. i love the relationship between robin and zatanna. how many new charecters will be added?i hope you will not add any new charecters from teen titans. i praise your work and absolutly adore this show.
Zatanna lives in New York with her father. Whether or not she joins the Team is a SPOILER REQUEST.
Many new characters are added all the time.
Besides the Pilot Episodes (Independence Day and Fireworks), the Episodes/Missions he wasn't a part of (Downtime, Targets, and Terrors), and the Loss at the Cave (Homefront), Kid Flash's souvenir collection seems to have something from every episode except Bereft, which is where Superboy started his pet collecting.
1) Did Wally get a souvenir and we just haven't seen it?
2a) If he did, what is it, please?
2b) If he didn't, why didn't he get one?
3) Did Wally get the arrow back for his collection after Homefront or was it destroyed?
4) If it was destroyed, did Artemis replace it with an identical one or is the spot permanently empty?
1, 2a, 2b.) Rewatch the episode. I think it's quite clear on these points.
3. What was left of it, yeah.
4. See answer to 3.
Why did you choose Taipei for the episode "Targets"?
I enjoyed every Young Justice episode.
Can you tell me if Superboy will be in season 2 ?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hi. I just have a couple of questions about Young Justice which is an amzaing show. My questions are about Robin,Kid Flash,Aqualad,Artemis,Miss Martian and Superboy
1. How tall is each member of the team?
2. When is each team members birthday?(day/month)
1. I don't know. All I care about is there relative height to each other.
2. SPOILER REQUESTS. NO COMMENT.
As of writing this, it is the 17th anniversary of Gargoyles. Made a comment in the room but wanted to share here:
"Sorry about the double, I saw vinnie took two spots and decided THIS was a countdown I wanted to be a part of. My countdown number is especially fitting, as I was 10 when Gargoyles premiered.
17 years. My God. I remember seeing the preview commercial once or twice. Running home after school, literally running, so I could catch the premier and every episode thereafter. Enough to make me feel a little choked-up. Nearly getting a lump in the back of my throat.
Phoenician> I do believe I will join you in watching one episode of awakening everyday [this week]. It must be providence. I just received my season one back from a friend, to whom I lent my seasons so she could show her son.
She said that at first, he was watching the episodes alone. After a while, she remembered why she liked the show so much and they now watch them together. They are now somewhere in season 2.
It's nearly 1 AM. I believe I will put in the DVD, raise a toast, and enjoy the beginning chapter of a phenomenal series.
In the already spoken words of Vinnie, "And away we go on with the show."
Lurker - [!)]"
Greg, the show is something that has always stuck with me, as it has many others. In case you didnt know ;) I just wanted to thank you for continuing to work on the show, in the sense that you have never given up on it. Thank you for allowing fans to interact with you and ask you various things. Thank you for the contributions to my childhood and all the wonderful memories.
You're very welcome. And thanks to all the Gargoyles fans who have kept the faith and stuck with me and the show for all these years.
Hey Greg, dude Young Justices is so unbelievably rad bro. I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying the show and getting to know all of the characters of the D.C. Universe. I have been a complete Marvel fan for a long time and your show has totally made me "See the Light"... pun intended... I have a question about one of the characters that is become one of my top favorites, Zatanna. I really dig that her spells are verbal commands spoken backwards. Its nerdy I know, but for some reason I really enjoy reading them backwards and getting a better sense of what the spell is and what it is supposed to do. This is a lot easier in comic form. Not so much in t.v. form. My question is what are the actual verbal spells that Zatanna cast on Young Justice.
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Can we please have summaries or a synopsis for some of the upcoming episodes for Young Justice?
Does Green Arrow care about Artemis or just keeps her around for the good of the team?
You'll get 'em as Cartoon Network releases 'em. I don't control that. And if you're asking me to SPOIL... I think you know my answer.
Yes, he cares about her.
Hi greg. loved this weeks episode, I had a feeling red wasn't evil. I liked the introduction of zatanna too, though i'd don't know how i like her and robin as a couple. also, I absolutley LOVE captian marvel, he's so goofy but at the same time i can see him as part of the team. geting into my questions...
1. how angry did the mentors when they found out about the teams "kidnapping" of zatanna and them traking down red? will it affect the leagues trust towards them in anyway?
2. did kid flash's arm heal through out the episode or does he have a strong pain tolerance? i ask since he moved it quite abit despite the injury, unless it was never hurt and he was just overreacting?
3.can black canary or any of the "den mothers" track the bio-ship with the computer thing? if so, then why didn't she check to see where they were when they didn't return?
4. was there ever a mole on the team, or was sportsmaster talking about red?
non-"humanity" related questions
1. where did the injustice league get sent to? belle-reve, arkham?
2.in alpha male, why wasn't miss martian angry like the others were about kaldur kepping the mole secret?
3.because red arrow was fighting alongside green and canary, has he mended his relation ship with them somewhat?
deviating from the questions, what i really liked about "revelation" was how the mentors and non-main character supers got some attention.
4. will there be more episodes like that, that show the justice league fighting villans?
5. off topic, will we get to see mentor,student(ex. batman and robin) interaction in their civilian identities like in downtime?
6. will robin's uncle be seen in the show?( the one from volume six)
7. why wont batman let robin tell the team his identity?
8. when the show first came out, a report online said the 22 episode was going to be about how robin became a hero, is this true or was it a speculation?
9. does the league know captain marvel's real identity?
thank you so much for the series, the last three episodes have been awsome and well worth the wait. have to say though, why is the superboyXmissmartian pairing stressed so much in the show? not that i dislike the two, i actually reallly like superboy( he grew on me in terrors)and the pairing itself isn't to bad, but it feels to focused on. like in alpha-male, i didn't like how there was that subplot where she was angry at him for being overprotective. it felt kinda intrusive, since this was about aqualad becoming a stronger leader and the team moving past their anger towards him. if the issue of conner's overprotection had it's own episode or was a reacurring subplot, i wouldnt mind it as much. also, for the record, i don't dislike megan, i just like artemis more.
homefront was probably my favorite, since it focused on artemis and robin, my two favorites? seeing them grow as teammates was nice as was them becoming classmates and her not knowing it. what i really like is how this episode proves that artemis ISN'T the mole.
thank you so much for this wonderful series.
1. I'm sure feelings were mixed. It's hard to argue with results... particularly when those results literally saved the human race.
2. It was in a cast.
3. No. Not easily.
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1. Ultra-Humanite, Black Adam, Atomic Skull and Poison Ivy were sent to Belle Reve. Joker was sent to Arkham.
2. She had other concerns and/or SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. Here and there.
5. Yes, but more in the comic book.
6. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
7. Do the math. If Robin's identity becomes known then it becomes difficult to not deduce Batman's I.D.
8. It was a misinterpretation of something I said.
9. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Superboy and Miss Martian is one of many threads we run through episodes. Sometimes the threads are stronger, sometimes not. Obviously, here at the beginning of their relationship there's more ground to cover. And as you pointed out, "Homefront" had very little of the relationship, yet it was still there.
1. Is Artemis' hair naturally blonde or does she dye it? (Just curious.)
Thank you for your time! :)
1. It's blonde.
Let me start by saying that I know nothing about Red Tornado. I know nothing about Red Torpedo. I know nothing about Red Inferno. I know nothing about Red Volcano. I know nothing about T.O. Morrow. As ignorant as I am of the DC mythos, I am even more ignorant in the mythology of Red Tornado. Up until now, he was that robot that got blown up in an episode of "Justice League Unlimited."
This was an awesome episode. It was a crash course in all of this without ever feeling like an info-dump. From a writing stand point, it felt less like exposition and more like an organic part of the story. That sort of thing is hard to do, but it really worked. Two episodes built up to this, and the pay off was stunning. It takes great writing to make me care about a glorified toaster oven, but this episode did it.
I also liked Zatanna. I liked her a lot. I'm assuming that was Lacey Chabert doing her voice. The cast list attached to the end of the episode was obviously for an episode set down the line, so I don't know. But if it was, it was nice to hear her again. Both her and Vanessa Marshall as Black Canary. I'm hoping we hear more "Spectacular Spider-Man" alumni later on.
Zatanna was a lot of fun, and I liked her chemistry with Robin. I was actually a little disappointed when the episode ended with her seemingly not joining the team. I would like to see more of her and I think she fits right in. I can think of one character I wouldn't mind swapping out in exchange, but that's neither here not there.
I thought Red Volcano made a pretty menacing villain. That scene where he was tearing T.O. Morrow apart was pretty brutal, although I had guessed that Morrow was a robot based on how young he appeared as opposed to how long ago those flashbacks took place. I got an Ultron-vibe from Volcano, and if he is anything like Ultron... or the Coyote robots, I doubt he's gone for good.
I thought the flashbacks to the Justice Society were fun, and added a lot of history to make this world feel more real. I also couldn't help but be reminded of Watchmen" while watching that. And was that the Alan Scott Green Lantern? Cool.
If there is one nit I had about this episode, I don't think Wally's plan to talk to Ivo in the hopes of finding Morrow was a dumb idea at all. In fact, the idea made so much sense, logically, I'm rather surprised Batman didn't think of it. Someone tell Wally to think of dumb ideas to solve more problems, we'll have world peace and an end to hunger and crime in no time.
The script for this episode was personally penned by Greg Weisman. Now, a few years ago, he was writing a "Red Tornado" mini-series for DC, which got shelved. I wonder how much of that found its way into this episode. Because if the two were anything alike, that makes the comic's cancellation even more of a shame.
Overall, I'm not sure which episode of the season is my favorite so far. But it's a tie between "Humanity" and "Targets." Great episode. Like I said last week, the extra credit is being turned in.
Hi again. Sorry for wasting your time questioning whether Uncle Dudley's full name is Dudley H. Dudley because it's already in the "Alpha Male" credits in your Greg Rambles post.
I have some other questions if you wouldn't mind, but understand if you can't answer them if you consider them spoiler requests.
1. How long has Aquaman known Queen Mera for & how long have they been married?
2. How long has Queen Mera been a teacher at the Conservatory of Sorcery for?
3. How old is Wolf & Mr. Tawny?
4. If Captain Marvel is technically just a kid then how could be accepted & relied upon by the League. He did say that Batman was tough on him, but that's about it.
Thanks once again.
1. I haven't worked that out specifically.
3. I'd have to research how long wolves and tigers live and at what rate they age. I haven't yet. They're both physical adults. Neither are "old".
4. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1.Does Martian Manhunter know Miss Martian and Superboy are dating?
2.Does Superman know Miss Martian and Superboy are dating?
1. If he doesn't, he will soon.
2. If he doesn't, he will soon.
1: Why does Miss Martians eyes glow White, Red, or Green when she uses her powers?
2: Does Aqualad attend some kind of school? Or does he not go to one?
3: What was Zatanna saying when she was doing her spells?
4: Will we see Rocket agian?
5: Great Show!
1. They don't usually glow red, as far as I know. (I can think of one exception, but I don't even think it's aired yet.) And they don't really ever glow white, though I can understand that sometimes the glow is so bright and the green is so light that it can come across as white. Usually, they glow green.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. By now, you already have.
It says in the comics that Ivo and Sportsmaster are 'friends'. So why doesn't he recognize Artemis when the Team is at Belle Reve?
Actually, in the comics it says that Ivo and Artemis' father are 'friends'. It doesn't mention Sportsmaster.
But in answer to your question, there are three options...
A. Who says he didn't recognize her?
B. He may not have ever met Artemis.
C. It may have been so long that he didn't recognize her.
ItÂ´s me again XD
Question. At the end of apisode 11 'Terrors' when MM and Sboy kissed,
1. How could Icicle Jr. recognized them? I mean, I know he knows Speedy (even though he is not in the team) but how did he recognized Miss Martian and Superboy?
2. Does Jr. know about the team?
And if so, 3. Does he know who are the members of it?
Hope thise are not spoilers Greg^^
Thanks for your time :)
1. He didn't recognize them specifically. He just (finally) put two and two together.
2. He might.
1. Will Zatanna join the Justice League?
2. Where do Mal Duncan, Karen Beecher, Wendy Harris, Marvin White, Bette Kane, and Barbara Gordon fit in in the TV series?
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. I honestly don't understand the question. Mal, Karen, Wendy and Marvin go to Happy Harbor High. Bette and Barbara go to Gotham Academy. But you knew that, right?
I have a few questions:
1. Does capitalising "Season One" mean you consider this an official title or is it just your own personalisation?
2. Who presicely lives in Central City?
3. Did at any time Joe Chill live in Gotham City?
4. Is Uncle Dudley's full name Dudley H. Dudley?
Thank you for your time and keep up the good work!
1. I do it for clarity and emphasis.
2. Millions of people. The one's we've met are Wally, Mary and Rudy West, Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen and Jay and Joan Garrick.
3. Well, yeah.
Echoing the previous question on how much I liked issue 9 and ep. 15! My question is this: was Robin's little thing for Zatanna another case of "teen crush at first sight" or did he know something about her beforehand? Because he didn't exactly waste any time... I thought it was cute, though. "Batman: The Animated Series" had an episode that showed Zatara teaching Batman escape artistry, so I wondered if maybe Batman or Zatara had talked to him about her before. I have no idea if that's comics canon or just something the showrunners thought would be cool, though.
I'm also amused by the fact that Conner and M'gann took 11 episodes to get together, Kaldur was let down, and Wally and Artemis are... I don't even know, but Robin sees girl, Robin talks to girl, and by the end of the episode it seemed like Zatanna was at least open to the possibility! In general, it just seems like he has better luck with girls than Wally and Kaldur.
Anyway, I'm loving the show and will be very said if Zatara really does ground Zatanna forever, or Red Tornado never appears again.
They hadn't met before, if that's what you're asking. I'm sure he knew that she EXISTED, but I think he was just crushing on her.
Long time reader, first time asker. It's been a great week. I don't know which had me more thrilled, issue 9 or Humanity.
1) Probably asked before by now, but I couldn't find it in unanswered: Can you "translate" Zatanna's spells? I only got the second one, which appears to be "Time to try out a new look". Does Zatara speak backwards too?
2) I noticed the gender swap on Red Inferno and Red Torpedo in Homefront, though I gave it no second thought. However, now with the reveal of the "human" identities in Humanity, was the swap deliberate so you could use the golden age hero James Lockhart/Red Torpedo?
3) In issue #9, you used the name "Nathaniel Adams" as opposed to "Nathaniel Adam". I noticed you used the name before in the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode "Powerless!"; the "Adams" version was, IIRC, introduced in Justice League Unlimited. Did DC ask you to use this name, or do you prefer it over "Adam"?
1. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
2. ASKED AND ANSWERED, but yes. Except, I'm not the one who did the gender swap. When I wrote the original Red Tornado mini-series, Inferno was female and Torpedo was male because Torpedo has ALWAYS been male. Of course, they didn't publish my version. So whomever wrote the version they DID publish is the one who did the gender swap. I just went back to the original.
3. I actually do prefer "Adams" over "Adam". I'm sure in this great big world, there's someone out there with the last name "Adam," but even back in the 80s when I first started writing Captain Atom with Cary Bates, I always thought that the last name "Adam" felt artificial. "Adams" always felt more natural to me.
After watching "Humanity" I have two questions.
1) What was/is your vision for Zatanna's personality? She seemed shy at first, but as the episode progressed she became more playful and outgoing. Is the demure schoolgirl routine an act for dad? Or does she still lack some self-confidence?
2) You have said that at least some members of the Justice League know Captain Marvel's true identity. That being the case, why is he with the Justice League as opposed to the kids?
1. I really shouldn't answer this, because I should let the episodes stand on their own, but I guess I'm in the mood. The 'demure schoolgirl routine' is, to some extent, an act for her dad. I don't really think she lacks self-confidence, though I think she's fairly objective about her own magical abilities at this stage, and doesn't want them overstated. I also think she was less shy when she was first introduced than she was... bored.
2. Have I said that? Really? Well, in any case, SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hey Greg! First of all, I love Young Justice! I have their DVDs and their poster. Plus I have every episode on my tape and I watch it over, and over, and over, and over till the next Friday. Just have a few questions if that's okay.
P.S:I understand if these are spoilers.
1. Why doesn't Kaldur go to school?
2. Exactly how old is Zatanna?
3. What is the relationship between Robin and Barbra? (But I understand if it's a spoiler, just wondering how she'd act if he liked Zatanna)
4. So in Homefront, Artemis' sister left because of their dad what exactly did he do, I mean, come on, it's already noted that Cheshire is her sister and that he trained her and Artemis to be assasins, but why did she leave if she's already one in the future?
1. He completed his standard schooling, and dropped out of the Conservatory of Sorcery to become Aquaman's protege.
2. <sigh> 14.
3. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
4. The short answer is that he was emotionally and verbally abusive.
I've been wanting to know for a while--how did the collaboration with Geoff Johns regarding Aqualad come? Who "pulled more weight" regarding his creation (his backstory, wardrobe, etc.)?
In the theme song, there are several holograms showing the Team in action. They've been seen in promos in stuff, too. Are we going to see those particular clips in any episodes?
Do your kids get special screenings the day before, or whenever an episode's completed?
What are your top 5 moments from the series so far?
1. Our Aqualad, i.e. Kaldur'ahm, was completely created and designed BEFORE Geoff started in his new (now not-so-new) position at DC. So our version of his backstory and wardrobe, etc., all pre-existed Geoff's involvement. The version that he went on to put into DC's main universe, i.e. Jackson Hyde, was completely HIS adaptation of Kaldur (with help from an artist whose name I'm unfortunately blanking on at this moment). And we had NO involvement with that version at all, beyond providing Kaldur as inspiration and providing EXPLANATION of how his Water-Bearers work. The only element we really collaborated on was the identity of both versions' father.
2. I don't think so. I think most were from footage created either for promotional purposes or specifically for our main title. Of course, there's clips from every individual episode in that episode's main title.
3. LOL. Originally, I would show them the episodes on a DVD the day it aired. But more recently, we went through and finished out the first season - mostly because my daughter is going off to college in the fall, and I wanted her to have a chance to see it all. Given CN's hiatus-prone way of airing us, it seemed prudent. ;)
4. My mind just doesn't work that way.
Great questions, btw.
How come wonder woman wasn't in episode 14 but the rest of the league was?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Hi Greg, I love Young Justice! Humanity was a good episode, still not better than Revelation though. Anyway, I have to say that I really loved that Zatanna was a teen and I have a couple of questions about it:
1- Did you or whoever the idea was decided to make her a teen so there could be a hint of something that might happen between her and a member of the Team, Robin the obvious case?
2-How old is Zatanna? And what's the probability that she appears again? High, poor, none?
3-Same about Barbara Gordon. Probability that she re-appears? High, poor, none?
4-I know Robin doesn't have a love interest in Season 1, what about season 2?
5-In episode failsafe, there will be an alien invation. Can you tell me from what planet or galaxy?
About the voice talents of the show.
6-How much is true about Kari Wahlgren voicing Hawkgirl in the future? If she will I can't wait to hear it!
7-Who would you or Jamie Thomason (casting and Voice Director) consider to voice Hal Jordan and Wonder Woman?
8-About Wonder Woman. Why didn't she appear in 'Revelaton'?
9-By any chance, since Khary Payton voices Aqualad and Tara Strong did Dr. Roquette in 'Infiltrator', would Greg Cipes, Hynden Walch and Scott Menville voice some character in the serie too? I don't lose anything asking that.
10-According to designation numbers Wonder Woman would be 03, Wally is B03 and Zatanna is A03. What does the 'B' and the 'A' mean? I'm more curious about Zatanna's case.
I think that's all. Thanks for your time. I hope you don't have problems with this questions.
1. That wasn't the reason, just a side benefit. The main reason was that we had a generational father-daughter dynamic that was built into the DC Universe that we wanted to exploit and explore. Most of our adult/teen relationships aren't strictly parental. This one was.
2. Once again, she's FOURTEEN!! And by now, hopefully, you saw that she did appear again.
3. Again, by now you've seen that she's reappeared.
4. You KNOW he doesn't? That's impressive. In any case, SPOILER REQUEST - NO COMMENT.
5. By now, you've seen it. But seriously, think about this question. Given the length of the queue here, was there any point in asking it? I mean the episode was airing ONE WEEK after Humanity. Was there EVER a chance that I'd get to this question before you saw for yourself? And if I had - if by some miracle, I managed to answer your question during that one week period, my answer would have been "SPOILER REQUEST - NO COMMENT". So why clutter the queue?
TIME OUT - I've lurked occasionally on a few sites, and I see I get the occasional criticism for being rude here at ASK GREG. I also get just as many if not more defenders, who sympathize with my plight. But I want to make it clear that I don't want to be rude. That "rude" is NOT the tone I'm going for. Occasionally, I drop what we refer to here as a "Smart-Ass Response". And there's no doubt that I occasionally find myself exasperated by the questions when I've REPEATEDLY requested that (a) that posters check the archives before posting, (b) that they check the queue for the questions posted ahead of them before posting and (c) that they not ask for spoilers. And despite these fairly simple requests, I get constant appeals for Spoilers and constantly repeated questions. I mean, how many times has someone asked Zatanna's age? It's certainly easy enough to type "14" but it's frustrating. And I do get frustrated. But the tone I'm going for is exasperated, not rude. Of course, the internet is notorious for not quite making one's intended tone clear. So to anyone who feels I've been rude, I apologize. Okay, TIME IN.
6. There's no Hawkgirl on Earth-16. If you're talking about Hawkwoman - SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
7. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
8. ASKED AND ANSWERED.
9. YOU don't lose anything, but I lose time that could be spent answering other questions, see? SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
10. B is the designation for the Team. As for A - ASKED AND ANSWERED. (I'm pretty sure B is ASKED AND ANSWERED TOO, BUT MAYBE NOT.)
I thought your first question was great. The other nine... not so much. Please follow the simple guidelines in the future.
Reading the comic book series, I saw that in one issue, Miss Martian talks about how there are three different "races" of Martians; Green, Red and White. I know that the white martians are treated badly, but why not the Red Martians? Or is this a spoiler, its fine if it is but I was just curious.
The Red Martians are a higher caste than the Green. They're considered royalty.
Hi - 'Humanity' was fantastic! Can't wait for the next episode! :)
Perhaps I extrapolated the information wrong, but judging by 'Humanity' I don't think Red Tornado was the mole - intentionally or otherwise. Is Red Tornado the mole? I apologize if this is a spoiler request - if so, feel free to ignore me.
Thank you for your time.
SPOILER REQUEST - NO COMMENT.
Are the Zataras homo magi or humans that can use magic?
Earth-16 has never heard of homo magi, which doesn't mean they don't exist. (Nor does it mean that they do exist.)
I can't tell if you were serious or not in your answer to my last question, so I'll ask again. Will Young Justice be released on Blu-ray Disc?
Blu-ray Disc is is the high definition version of DVD. Most all movies on released on Blu-ray in addition to DVD, and some TV shows are as well. A few seasons of the Justice League animated series have been released on Blu-ray, and they look and sound even better in HD. I'm hoping that Young Justice will get the same treatment.
I just don't know. I don't have a Blu-ray player, myself, so (a) I guess I haven't focused on it much and (b) they never tell me this stuff anyway.
Only two episodes of your run on WITCH, namely the first and last, have your writing credit (if my research is correct). Was there anything about WITCH's production that prevented you from contributing more scripts personally or was it a creative choice?
Honestly, I don't remember. Did I really only write two myself?
Fifteen episodes in, and I am anticipating the series even more than I anticipated the previous JLU shows. I really love the tight continuity interwoven in the series, and am seriously tempted to look into your previous animated works. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I have never followed Gargoyles!
Anyway, my questions focus on foreign-sounding words used in "Revelations".
1. Like Zatanna, Zatara's spells are english words pronounced backwards. I believe he had four spells in the episode. I've managed to decipher two (I think, but corrections are appreciated!) but am curious to know what the others are:
a. Locating Injustice League HQ - Etacol retnecipe fo yrecros
b. Making the vines combust - Erif [something] larutannu erutan
c. Putting a force field around a plant - Reirrab [something]
d. Blasting Woten - Ekat Natow nwod
2. Wotan's spells, I'm told, are in latin. One of them (blasting Dr. Fate) was "Fulminous Venite". Would you be at liberty to reveal what he said the other two times (energizing Ivy's 'baby,' and breaking Fate's chains?
All ASKED AND ANSWERED.
I grew up watching gargoyles and now I absolutely LOVE young justice. I could praise your work for hours but I figure you have better things to do with your time then read about how awesome you are (I am sure you already know.) Thank you for taking time to answer our questions, you are the best!
1) the show seems very focused on trust it seems like the team was even formed based off of the idea that there mentors did not "trust" them. During "alpha male" they talk about trust within the team. Which raises the question, why do they not care that robin does not trust them with his secret ID? Yes I know, that they know batman won't let him but the first two episodes and the most recent one (Humanity) seem to show that they tend to not always take the league members orders seriously, especially if they don't like them. so why do they respect this specific order?
I understand that this could be a spoiler please don't think I am fishing I know that I am treading in spoiler waters here but I am in no way trying to spoil something I know you guys work so hard on! I know I said I would not waste your time with my love of the show, but I have seen so much negative about Artemis and Aqualad that I wanted to let you know that I absolutely love both of them, they are my favorite characters even though I love them all!! =D
thank you for your time!!
1. Aqualad is extremely respectful of authority. And I think Kid Flash likes being the only one who knows. Artemis has her own secrets, so wouldn't be one to push Robin, and Superboy only recently took a human identity himself, so I don't think he spends too much time thinking about Robin's real name. That just leaves Miss Martian... but I just don't see her taking this as a slight.
Batman: The Brave and the Bold feedback and one question on Powerless:
Greg, Powerless was a great and funny episode, especially Aquaman's hero song and jokes. I really don't get why do people hated this version of Captain Atom though. Best line from Captain Atom was "Boom! You're dead!" Major Force was a superb villian and it's great to see the Justice League International again. I also liked the part where Aquaman was cooking.
What was your reaction when you saw Aquaman wearing Black Canary's outfit?
Actually, I haven't seen the episode yet. So don't spoil it for me!
How old is Klarion the Witch Boy in young justice?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
I loved the Robin/Zatanna courtship in "Humanity!" He indicated interest and tried not to be too forward until she showed that she liked it. Much better than Wally's relentless hitting on M'gann or even Conner's cluelessness (and they'll grow out of it).
It was fun to write!
Hi, just wanted you to know that:
I appreciate how the episodes both stand alone and were written so that plot points are intricately woven together.
I appreciate how the episodes focus on various characters in shifts so we can explore different aspects of their personalities.
I am excited by character development, the strength of each script, and the animation is very well done.
I love the fact that I look forward to learning or seeing both the villains and the heroes.
I am astounded by the amount of work that you and your team puts in Young Justice. Thanks for making such a great show. It has been a long time since I've seen a show that has me anticipating and looking forward to each and every new episode. I loved Gargoyles as a kid, enjoyed Spiderman, W.I.T.C.H. and various other projects you've worked on.
1)How closely do you work with the various directors of the episodes?
2)Since you've put so much into the show, do you still make a lot of the calls regarding the visual elements of the show?
3)When scripting the episodes, is the overall ending for the season known for you guys?
I know that you look over scripts and that you and Brandon created the show, but I suppose I'm just curious about how much influence you have in other aspects of the show, such as the animation.
Thanks for your time!
1. Very. Brandon and I attend all board handouts, and give notes on storyboards and work with the directors on the designs, etc.
2. Yes. Both Brandon and I are involved with and approve literally every design - from major characters like Superboy to tiny props like soda cans.
4. Brandon and I both look over the scripts. I edit them, but both of us are involved in every aspect of production from start to finish.
In 'Humanity', which was an amazing episode by the way, I noticed Wally didn't hit on Zatanna even once. Is this because he saw Robin liked her, wasn't attracted to her, or finally realized that he likes Artemis?
There may have been an element of backing off for Robin's sake, but mostly I think Wally figured she was too young for him to hit on.
hey greg. I loved today's episode. Infact watching YJ has made me grew to love DCU and I'm buying like 20+ books from DCnU right now. Anyways, will Zatanna be a series regular? I really hope so.
Tune in and see...
hello! i just finished watching the last episode of YJ titled 'Humanity' and it was great, btw :) but i was wondering when some more episode summaries where going to be released? if at all? thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "episode summaries".
How old is Zatanna? I thought she was around Dick's age, but I'm not too sure.
Guys, PLEASE, check the unanswered questions ahead of you in the queue BEFORE posting. You're just bogging down ASK GREG, which causes me to take longer to get to NEW questions!