A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. Did Vandal Savage have multiple children over the years to improve the human race? I am aware he had named children in the comics and I am not asking if they will appear just in general did he decide to improve the human race with his bloodline over the years?
2. Does Vandal Savage have the potential to know every single language since he was born before civilization
3. His incarnation in Young Justice is much more cerebral and more restrained then his previous portrayals what made you decide to go in this direction with the character? In my opinion it should be the standard how you portray lead antagonists.
1. No spoilers.
2. Potentially, all Earth languages, yes.
3. It felt right and true to the character.
1. When Klarion called Zatanna spells' baby magic was he referring to her way of using magic speaking backwards or spoken magic in general?
2. Why would some magic users call themselves wizards or witches as opposed to sorcerers or sorceresses for example Wizard as a wizard and Wotan as a sorcerer?
3. How did Kent Nelson get away from Doctor Fate's control since the good doctor seems to be very strict with free will when it comes to fighting Chaos?
1. Mostly neither, but maybe a little of the former.
2. I'm gonna say that you need to ask them. These may all be synonyms of a sort in the Earth-16 universe.
3. In those days, he took off the helmet after a mission. One day, he just never put it back on.
1) How do you try to keep things unpredictable when you know that by the simple law of enough monkeys with enough typewriters, some fan out there will figure out any twist sooner or later?
2) How do you balance keeping a villain interesting/likable without making it so much so that the audience roots for them instead of the protagonist?
1. Can't worry about that. We tell the stories that we want to tell. That our characters tell us we need to tell. Inevitably, some percentage of our audience will figure out our game. Inevitably, some will be surprised. If the story is well-told, hopefully both groups will still enjoy it.
2. Give them motivation that makes sense, but don't sugarcoat their actions.
How come you don't edit on GargWiki anymore?
Honestly, I'm not on there much these days. Is there stuff to edit?
how does it feel to finaly break the 3 season curse your fans insist that you have?
I've been on season threes before. So I have no idea how to respond to this. I'm aware that some fans think (or thought) it existed. But it never made much sense to me, and still doesn't. It's also borderline harmful to my career.
I was one time rewatching all of The Spectacular Spider-Man episodes and I noticed in the episode Identity Crisis smaller fronted overlapped letters on the word Kevin Michael Richardson on the closing credit. Was that some kind of goof/glitch and if so how can it happen out of curiosity or perhaps are the letters supposed to be some kind of word maybe? I wish if it is some kind of glitch that it could be fixed someday because I seemed to be triggered by OCD/intrusive thoughts/unwanted thoughts on it lately which seems to make me have anxiety feelings.
I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. How were you watching the episode?
I have a question about superboy, and I'm sorry if my english is messed up, english is not my native language. I watched and readed all young justice data, and after that I couldn't help but think that superboy is too weak if we compare with the others. I mean, not in terms of power and all, but all the ex-sidekicks had their evolution in some aspects, but superboy was not that good in aspect of evolution, after all, his condition kind of prevents him to get stronger, and I think anyone who watched yj may think that way. On top of that, even wonder girl seems to be as strong as him (or almost), and has her bracelets, lasso and flight. My question is not if he will get stronger (or not) because it would be a spoiler question, but I want to know your opinion about the last superboy that was shown. Do you agree that Superboy was shown a little weak? If not, why do you think that way? i'm not asking you as a creator, but as a viewer, so please, give your opinion about it.
If by "evolution" you're ONLY talking about his super-powers, than I'll just say he is what he is. He's stronger and more invulnerable than Wonder Girl. But she does have other abilities. He's had extensive martial arts training and can still leap tall buildings in a single bound (more or less). But we're not looking to power him up or over-power him.
As to him being weak: no. I don't think he's weak at all. I don't know why you'd think that.
And, of course, I do think he's evolved a TON as a character. Probably more than anyone else.
Hi Greg, Congratulations on the Young Justice Season Three renewal!!!!! YJ got me through the worst years of my undergrad and reading the happy news made my week. I apologize if you have answered this question before; I haven't rewatched YJ in a few years and I tried combing through the archives to see if you previously answered a similar question.
My question is: do the other members of the team and the Justice League know that M'gann has become so brutal in using her powers and gaining information? Is it a case that because there has been so much going on with the Rimbor trial, the Light's machinations and the invasion that the team and JL haven't noticed? Or is it that M'gann's "ends justifies the means" mentality is the white elephant in the room that the teams (or at the very least certain members) are ignoring because M'gann is getting results? From what I can tell Conner is the only one who really understands much and often M'gann has been crossing the line, but I don't buy that people like Dick, Bruce, Red Tornado, Black Canary wouldn't have noticed or have suspicions. I can understand Dick or Bruce having suspicions and deciding to put them on the back burner in a time of crisis to deal with later, but not so much with team members like Wally, Artemis, Zatanna etc.
I can't wait to watch Season 3!!!!
All this is moot, at this point, since she stopped doing that midway through Season Two. But Conner was the only one who objectively knew what was going on. I think J'onn may have suspected. But I doubt Dick or even Bruce suspected. And how in the world Wally, Artemis, Zatanna, Black Canary or Red Tornado would have had a clue is beyond me.
All that changed of course after what she did to Kaldur.
If the tie-in comics return (whether or not they will is a question that somebody else already asked), will the previous four collected editions go back into print?
I don't know. It's not something I can control. But I hope so. Still, they are all available now for downloading. And if you want MORE comics, that's the single best way to get them, i.e. download the existing volumes.
One, thank you so much for all the great series you've given us. You're really great at what you do, and we all really appreciate it, so thank you for being so awesome! :)
Now, my question is pertaining to (of course) Young Justice and it have been renewed for a third season. Don't worry, I won't ask for any of those spoilers you hate oh so much.
I know there aren't many specific details out as of yet, but it's been said that the show might be brought back on Netflix. Now, there are also many fans out of America that will be willing to watch this series come out if and when if finally does come out on Netflix, and American Netflix if different than some of the other Netflixes from around the world.
For example, I am from Canada (funny, eh?) and I've checked on the YJ cartoon up there frequently. Whilst there was a period of time where only Season one of Young Justice was up on the American Netflix, both seasons were up on the Canadian one. Then, when we had a chance to get it back and every one was binge watching now both seasons on the American Netflix, the first season got taken away from the Canadian Netflix. It was eventually given back, but I think you get the point.
SO, I guess what I'm asking is that if Season three of Young Justice WAS to be put on Netflix, would it be a problem for fans not living in America?
If you don't know the answer, it's fine. Thank you for reading this anyways. Your work is awesome!
Thanks once again!
We don't know where the show will end up airing yet. Not in the U.S. Not anywhere. Right now, we're just glad that Warner Bros has the confidence to make the third season.
How smart is Batman? What college degrees does he have? Which subjects does he have degrees in?
I'm guessing, Bruce Wayne has a B.A. of some kind. And I'm guessing that's all he has, officially. But that doesn't mean he hasn't studied up on a number of subjects that he has no college degree for.
And, by the way, I assume we're talking about YJ's version of Batman. Because otherwise, I'm no more qualified to make pronouncements about him than you or anyone is.
Whose voice was hardest to cast in Gargoyles?
Goliath and Elisa. Of course, they were easy to cast once we had found Keith and Sally. But it took us a LONG time to find them both.
I've heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that Sportsmaster was supposed to have the ability to copy people's fighting styles after watching them (or something along those lines), but I haven't been able to find any source about that. Can you confirm or deny this?
Nope. Can't confirm or deny. Which doesn't mean it didn't appear in some comic or other. Doesn't mean it did, either.
Thank you for all the great work you have supplied to my childhood and young adult life! YJ was a Saturday tradition with my cousins at my great-grandmother's house (even after some of us graduated high school).
Ok I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered, but..during their encounter in "Infiltrators" was this the first time Artemis has seen Jade since Jade left?
I love their dynamic throughout the series, and look forward to seeing their developments going into Season 3.
And with that: Congratulations on Season 3! Thank you to you and your team for working with the Fandom to be able to see these guys back in action!!!
(Keeping my fingers crossed for more Spitfire, but no Spoiler request here)
I'm not going to reveal whether or not it was the first time they had laid eyes on each other, but clearly Artemis didn't know about Jade's Cheshire identity.
1) Hi Greg, now that season 3 is a go, can I just ask: is Troia off-limits again (like she was when you started work on Young Justice), or is she still a character that you can use (should you choose to)?
2) In theory, would DC's insistence on calling Captain Marvel Shazam impact on your use of him or the Marvel Family in future episodes? To put it another way, would the Marvel Family still be called the Marvel Family?
1. I'll reiterate what I've already revealed. Troia was off limits only at the very beginning of Season One. So we never considered using her in that season. Partway through the season, we were told she was now available, but by that time all our plans for Season One had solidified and it was too late to include her. We had planned on including her in Season Two, at both Raquel's wedding shower and in the final mission against the Reach MFDs. But production concerns - not enough hours in the day - made that impossible. I won't address whether we plan to use her in Season Three, but I will say that as far as I know, there are no off limits characters. At any rate, no one we've asked to use has been vetoed.
2. Have we EVER called them the Marvel Family?
Is it my imagination, or are 11-minute/11-minute episodes steadily replacing 22 minute animation as the norm?
I don't know about norm. But I do see a lot more series going the eleven minute route. (Not YJ, in case you were concerned.)
So thrilled that the show is back. Between the Pokemon spoilers and the election results this is a nice glimmer of hope.
Okay, let's see if I can set up non-spoiler ridden questions.
1: Does the Flash Museum exist in Earth 16? Do any other heroes have museums other than perhaps the justice league's public base?
2: So how did Jay's semi retirement work? Did he not actively patrol the city like a active hero, but would react if he hears about a fire or something?
3: Did any other Society members semi-retire like Jay did?
4: Have the Kent parents ever met other Justice League members?
5: Whose the best dancer in the Justice League?
1. I'm thinking no.
2. More or less. Or come out when he felt needed.
3. No spoilers.
4. Ever? Probably.
5. Snapper Carr, of course.
First, I'm very excited that Young Justice is getting a third season!
Second, I've been wondering about this for a while, but the third season prompted me to ask. As Tigress, Artemis uses different weapons (like a sword) and more close quarters combat than she did before-she's more like Cheshire in that sense. Was Artemis trained the same way as Cheshire, or did they have different specialties from the beginning
And this might be a spoiler, but is it safe to say that Artemis is on Cheshire's level now? She wasn't in Season 1, but with age and more experience, are they pretty comparable?
1. So are we.
2. Artemis and Jade were both trained similarly by their father, at least initially, but they had different specialties. Artemis (relative) lack of physical strength as a pre-teen and teenager, made archery a good choice for her.
3. We'll have to see if they ever have reason to test your theory...
Hi Greg. I have been dying to know exactly what happened with Miss Martian and Superboy's relationship at the end of the season second. It was completely obvious that they are still in love with each other and since Miss Martian broke up with Lagoon Boy and tried to find Conner in "Intervention" and especially in the last episode of the season the moments they shared. Overall my question is did Miss Martian and Superboy officially get back together at the end of the second season of Young Justice?
Just a quick plug for the MYTHIC LEGIONS comic book I wrote based on the toys from the Four Horsemen: http://www.newsarama.com/33096-greg-weisman-brings-mythic-legions-to-life.html
What m'gann felt when Conner broke up with her?
I think you can figure that out for yourself.
Hi!! Congratulations on YJ coming back! I'm so happy!!
I can't wait to see more episodes and the team. I miss the original team, I wanted to see how they would interact with Rocket too.
Well I'm excited for vaillains and such, I love all you go take from all aspects of the DC universe. Any characters from Superman or Batman series or do your characters come strictly from comics?
Well congratulations and I'm excited for more!
I'm not sure which series you're referring to...
Do you mean like Mercy Graves?
First off, I have to say congratualtions for getting Young Justice back for a third season, looking forward to what you have planned for us (The Team, The League, The Light, Apokolips... EVERYTHING)
One question that's been in the back of my mind for a while; how long has G. Gordon Godfrey been on Earth and when did his show start airing?
Hello Greg Weisman. We at Georgia State University are having a Geek Culture Convention on March 4th 2017. There will be games, panels, vendors for art, comics, and food, an arts show, and much more. We would be honored if you came out and spoke for one of our panels? If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com. Thank you so much for your time.
Thanks for the offer. But I'm a bit swamped these days. Maybe next year?
Yay its back!!!! Im so excited to see what you all come up with for Young Justice Season 3. I have loved a lot of cartoons and this one is by far my favorite, it is made for young and old and is well written and intelligently constructed. The article said the show was in production, what does that mean, has it been written yet? What phase are we in here? Is it already being animated or dialogue recorded or are we still in that pre production phase? Also curious to see if all the main cast will be back?
We're in pre-pre-production at this stage. That's about all I'm allowed to say.