A Station Eight Fan Web Site
This is a question about Mab that I didn't see anywhere. Where was she first presented in the Gargoyles universe? Was it as fanfic or was there an episode that Toon Disney is failing to air? I got the basic gist of her existence, I just wanna know the details of her "birth" as it were.
Mab never appeared in an episode. Though given enough issues she will eventually appear in the GARGOYLES comic, which premieres in 2006.
I first mentioned her right here at ASK GREG.
Whether or not others have used her in fanfic is none of my business.
what episode does queen mab appers?
Can you give me a family tree of oberon and titiania's children across the centuries? I can't figure out if Puck is Alexnder Xanatos is pucks nephew or not. I would really like to know about Puck's/owen's secret love that you mentioned earlier too.
I'm not going to reveal anything new at this time, but I will summarize what I've already revealed:
Lord Oberon is the son of Queen Mab.
Lord Oberon married Titania (who became Queen Titania after Mab was overthrown). (Note: Oberon intentionally did not take the title of King. Retaining his "Lord" title is his semi-skewed attempt at being more... egalitarian.)
Oberon and Titania have two children together: one male and one female. I know exactly who they are, but I'm keeping their identities and personas secret for the time being.
Oberon also has at least two sons by mortal women: Merlin and the changeling boy from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
Titania has one child with the mortal Halcyon Renard. This is Janine Renard, a.k.a. Fox.
Fox married David Xanatos. They have one child: Alexander Fox Xanatos.
Puck, a.k.a. Owen Burnett, is not directly related to ANY of these individuals.
1) Can any of the fae magically perceive the future (not predict and use magic to change the future) as it will be? e.g. predict the order of lotto numbers 200 consecutive times, not predict and magically set the numbers as such
2) If so do they often exercise such an ability? Why or why not? also, did Mab also perceive her fall?
1. Some may have precognative ability, though I tend to think it would come with some limitations.
2. I doubt Mab saw it coming.
You once indicated (in the ramble on "The Edge") that part of the purpose (from the "behind-the-scenes/production-team" point of view) for Oberon and Titania's attempt to kidnap Alex in "The Gathering" was to give Xanatos a bit of a come-uppance.
Was your plan for Queen Mab to someday escape from her prison designed, in part, to similarly give Oberon and Titania a bit of a come-uppance?
Did I use the words "come-uppance" or are you paraphrasing?
Mab is, frankly, too big a threat to simply act as a come-uppance. Certainly her "re-" appearance would serve to illustrate new shades of Oberon (and to a lesser extent Titania) as well as explain (at least in part) why Oberon is the way he is.
1.What goddesses/gods(you said they could change their gender) were Mab worshipped as?
2.What gods/godesses were Oberon worshipped as? Puck? Titania?
I haven't done the research on this yet. I have a few notions in mind, and there's probably more out there that would work, but I haven't done the research yet.
Why is Mab "mad"?
"Mad"-Angry or "Mad"-Nutso?
Is Mab the most powerful being of the third race? If so who is number two? Oberon?
Generally speaking, yes. Mab #1. Oberon #2.
But power is a relative concept. And depends on how or what it's used for. There may in fact be many with more power, but only to do certain things. Or who only would do certain things.
1) In your original projected plans for Mab, would she have escaped in the third season, or some later one?
2) In what year would Mab escape? Before or after 2000?
1. I don't know. Eventually.
2. I hadn't plotted in dates to that detail.
I cant find this in the archive, tho I find it hard to believe it hasnt been asked.
1. Do Oberon's Children reproduce in the biological sense? I mean do they actually pick a mate and have offspring?
2. Demoness asked why Mab disliked Titania, and you said its because Mab thought Titiania was a spoiled brat, and beneath Oberon. So was Titania *raised* as a spoiled brat, meaning she had actualy parents, or did she just have a high opinion of herself (in Mab's eyes).
3. Were the Children of Oberon we have seen (banshee, anansi, etc) mostly offspring of Oberon? Or were most of them there before him?
4. What did Mab call them all? Obviously not 'Oberon's Children'. Or am I wrong?
2. Not answering this now.
4. The Children of Mab.