A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 33 records. :
1. Alot of the times in the comics when conners becomes the lizard, he always changes back because there are still trances of the formula in his system. Did the gene clenser completely remove all the lizard dna from his body, so that this isnt the case?
2.If peter had taken the gene clenser when he still worn the symbiote, would it remove both it and his powers?
3. Why was marco selected for ocks experiment first?
1. The gene cleanser did remove all the lizard DNA, but unfortunately, the sample was contaminated with N'Kai DNA, so expect to see Conners transform into a Moai shortly. (How's that for obscure?!)
2. No, he'd need to go to a dry cleaner for that.
3. He wasn't. The first person selected was the Archmage. It turned him into a beach, until he used the Phoenix Gate to travel to Endor.
Of course, I would have thought all this was obvious from watching the show. I mean, dude, note the timestamp.
I recently re-watched "Sentinel" and something I don't recall ever seeing brought up is that Nokkar speaks with an effect similar to Anubis. Two different voices, here's a clip:
First of all, I think this is a really cool effect, but I wonder what the reasons for him speaking like that are. Which voice is his "real voice," is there a translator built into his armor? Either way it does make him sound alien, and I like that. I'm just curious as to what your creative intent was here.
The link wouldn't open for me, but NO. To the best of my recollection, we didn't double track Nokkar's voice (as we did with Anubis-as-Avatar), though we may very well have futzed it - especially with his helmet on, and that futzing may have been similar (though not the same) as the futz we used on Anubis (when not an Avatar and for his piece of the double-tracked voice when he was an Avatar).
Hey. I got into gargoyles a few months ago when one night during summer break I was staying up late like always and noticed it on. Thought "Oh hey, Maybe I should watch that" so I set it on DVR. I'm a sophmore now, so I forgot just about everything (except for lexingtons name and Goliath it seems...) from back when I was a kid. Great show. Oh yes, and thank you. Thanks to you, and this site, I started reading macbet. Now I'm reading Beowulf (not sure if you've read that.) I owe my uhh... making reading more important to me, to you, so thanks. I'm still watching the series (Or I will start back on it I hope when I get my channels back.) and I haven't read the comics, though from what I hear they are good. Don't really have a question I guess. Just wanted to say thanks. Oh, Uhh...
1. Do you have any future plans for Nokkar in the current gargoyles series (Not 2198. Might be obvious...>_>)?
You're welcome. I have read Beowulf. Great story.
1. I have plans for every character.
This day in Gargoyles' Universe History....
Nokkar captures Bronx and Angela. Meanwhile, Elisa is found by Lydia Duane and Arthur Morwood-Smyth. They take her back to their hotel, where she is examined by Doctor Arnada. Goliath finds her, but when Elisa fails to recognize him, Goliath is forced to kidnap her. Nokkar intervenes again, capturing Goliath and explaining his interpretation of events to Elisa. Nevertheless, Elisa (though still without her memories) comes to believe in Goliath. She helps rescue the gargoyles from Nokkar and is eventually able to convince him that her friends are not servants of the Space Spawn. She also encourages Nokkar to befriend Duane, Morwood-Smyth and Arnada. The travelers depart Easter Island, and Goliath just manages to cast the spell that will send them back to Avalon before the sun rises. When they arrive on the mystic island, it is already night. Nevertheless, it takes a few hours before Goliath, Angela and Bronx awaken. During this time, Elisa's memory returns.
This day in Gargoyles' Universe History....
Elisa, who had been working throughout the Avalonian day to help Jade and Turquesa transplant the rain forest's flora, rejoins Goliath, Angela and Bronx on the skiff. They depart Avalon again and Elisa falls asleep en route to their new landing: Easter Island. While Goliath and Angela explore, Elisa is taken into custody by Nokkar, an alien sentinel based on Easter Island, who has mistaken the gargoyles for a hostile alien invasion force. When Elisa tries to explain that the gargoyles are her friends, Nokkar assumes Elisa has been brainwashed. He wipes her mind clean, temporarily giving her amnesia. Then he sets her free.
1) Is Nokkar the Sentinel aware of the cloaked island of New Olympus or has New Olympian technology being able to fool the technology developed by his kind?
2) How did the New Olympians manage to create such advanced technology years ahead of human technology when they had a much smaller population and less resources for research and development when in regard human civilizations have been inventing continuously. For example even through humanity was in the Dark Age in Western Europe, people were still developing stuff in the MidEast and the Far East.
So in short order how did the New Olympians get so ahead? Did they just bypass or skip some of the technologies that humanity has or were they just really brillant at inventing stuff.
1. Well, without confirming whether or not Nokkar COULD have seen through their cloak, I think the short answer is that he DIDN'T see through it. Had no reason to look. He's looking outward for an external attack. That's where his sensors are aimed.
2. Continuity helps. A few brilliant individuals who are able to build upon the work of their predecessors without interference and are given the resources can do amazing things in very few generations. Scattered advancement (two steps forward, one step back) across continents with little or no communication doesn't encourage speed of development. I also think an open mind helps too. Who believed that a man could fly in the so-called real world? A few people certainly, but until the Wright Brothers proved it, not the masses. On New Olympus, lots of their citizens can already fly. So making the leap to creating a chariot to accomidate those without wings or other flight capabilities isn't quite as difficult.
1. Are the Spacespawn a single race or an alliance of different species? (Like the Galatic Alliance in Lilo and Stitch)
2. When Nokar uses the term Spacespawn it sounds more like a curse word then the actual name of the species. My question is: Are the Spacespawn actually named Spacespawn? (Just curious, so I thought that I would ask)
1. The Space-Spawn are a single race, which is not to say that they haven't made "alliances".
2. To him it is a curse word, but that's their name for now.
Is Nokkar the Sentinel your version of the Green Lantern in the Gargoyles Universe just as Cuchullain and Coyote were your ideas of Thor and Ultron?
Cuchullain wasn't inspired by Thor. In fact if anything, I was disappointed that the character kept overlapping into Thor-territory.
Ultron was AN inspiration for Coyote... in the sense that we kept bringing the robot back and numbering each new incarnation, but I think that's where the inspiration ended. They don't have much else in common.
Nokkar has no connection to Green Lantern in any significant way that I can see, even now that you bring it up.
In any case, this notion of "versions" (implying that all we were trying to do was to duplicate existing characters) is somewhat offensive. I'm not sure if that was your intent, and I don't want to over-react. But I thought you should know.
1.Are most of the worlds conquered by the Space-Spawn pre-interstellar flight worlds like Earth? Or are they a variety made up of pre-interstellar flight worlds and worlds with interstellar flight?
2.How many races aside from the ones native to Earth do the Space-Spawn control? Do they control any N'Kai or former N'Kai worlds? Are there any N'kai willingly allied with the Space-Spawn?
1. A mix.
2. I'm not delving into this at this time.
1.Are the space-spawn better warriors than the N'Kai or the other race involved? If so why? Are they just physically stronger or do they just have good morale and are fanatical about it?
I decline to go into details about this now.
How large is the N'kai fleet? The space-spawn fleet?
Both are large enough. (Did you really expect me to have hard numbers?)
2.Do Sentinels just guard over low tech planets? If so how many of these low tech planets are there considering the small number of habitable planets? How many Sentinels are there?
I've never counted.
1.You have said that there are less than 20 races involved in the war and that life bearing planets are few, but can give birth to many races so does this mean that this war is being fought by a handful or two of planets?
Dude, I have reread your question three times and I still don't know what you're asking. But I'll take a shot ...
Prior to humanity and the gargoyles getting involved in the conflict with the Space-Spawn, there are three main races involved in the overall war: the Space-Spawn, the N'kai and another race that I haven't told you guys much about.
There may be a few other races out there, but as I think you noted, I don't plan on making the Gargoyles Universe resemble the tavern scene from Star Wars.
Are Sentinels considered part of the N'ka military?
If so what other positions are there in the N'Kai military?
I haven't worked out all the details yet.
How many major powers are there in the galaxy? Are the space-spawn, N'kai and this third race considered major powers in the galaxy?
2) Yes. (Keep in mind that the third alien race should not be confused with "The Third Race" a.k.a. Oberon's Children.)
About Nokkar was he by any chance inspired by the Green Lantern Corp which had members stationed all over the galaxy like the N'kai Sentinels?
Well, God knows I've read a lot of Green Lantern comics and even worked on a few at DC. So I can't deny the possibility that the GL Corps was an unconscious influence.
But, no, we did not model the N'kai on the Lanterns. The N'Kai are not interstellar policemen, they are soldiers in an army at war. Nokkar was inspired by largely apocryphal stories of Japanese soldiers on deserted tropical islands cut off from communication who continued to fight World War II long after 1945.
Does Avery Brooks do the voice for Goliath? If not, then who?
Keith David is the voice of Goliath. (Keith can currently be seen as the Imam in "Chronicles of Riddick".)
Avery Brooks did the voice of Nokkar the alien for us.
Hey again Greg, I was just watching the ep. Sentinel and I was just wondering if the sentinel (whatever his name is) will or would be included in Gargoyles 2098 if they ever came out with the series?
Nokkar. And yes.
Is the culture of the N'kai monolithic like that of most alien races in scifi?
As you've probably noticed, I try as much as possible to avoid monolithic cultures. I don't believe they exist in real life, so I try to keep the Gargoyles Universe as multi-lithic as possible.
Same would hold true for the Nokkar's people.
"Multi-lithic". I like that.
What is the proper title for the N'kai?
Is the proper title for the space-spawn the space-spawn empire?
Is the gargoyles' proper title the gargoyle nation?
What about humans and New Olympians?
I'm not sure what you mean... or when.
How long can the average N'kai live barring accident and disease?
What kind of weapons does Nokkar have?
Why hasn't Nokkar's equipment been updated? Why isn't he in contact with his people?
Did you see "Sentinel"?
There are reasons, but to some extent you are assuming facts not in evidence.
1.How strong is Nokkar? Does his physical strength come from his suit? How many of those Sentinel suits does Nokkar have?
2.Is Nokkar's ship capable of faster than light travel?
3.Did Nokkar have to receive any training to become a Sentinel?
4.Is he a good Sentinel? If so why hasn't he been promoted?
5.Why didn't he know of Gargoyles prior to 1996?
6.What does Nokkar do in his ship?
7.After the Easter Island natives disappeared did he make friends with anyone else before the gargoyles arrived on the island?
1. Strong enough.
1a. Largely no.
1b. Is it me, or is this a really silly question?
4. Good enough.
4a. I'm not sure 'promotion' is the real issue, but there are reasons why he's remained in his position.
5. Why would he?
6. The two-step?
7. Largely, no.
What kind of government does the N'kai have? Democracy? Oligarchy? Monarchy?
Not revealing this at this time.
Were the N'kai the dominant force in the galaxy before the Space-Spawn?
Why doesn't Nokkar's people know of magic? I mean humans who are probably a younger race than the N'kai figured it out why can't the N'kai?
Define "know of". Define "figured it out".
Who is older Demona or Nokkar?
Nokkar, by a considerable amount.
What does 2198 Demona think of Nokkar?
Well... she likes him marginally better than the Space-Spawn.
Are the N'Kai older than the gargoyle race?
What is their natural lifespan?
How did they evolve to have such a long lifespan?
What is their birth rate?
Yes. They are older than the planet Earth.
Individually? Long. As a race? Even longer.
Time and science.
Haven't given it any thought as yet.
is 'N'Kai' the name for Nokkar's species, tribe, military branch, religious group, race, or something else? i'd assume its his species like everyone else is doing, but never have i seen you say or write that that is his species...
by 1996, what are the ages of:
I do not have my timeline with me here at home. I'm afraid you'll have to ask me again. But I will tell you now that I don't know or at least haven't decided on Nokkar's age. So you can leave him out.
1. how long in advance did Nokkar know about the Space-Spawn invasion or was he completly surprised also?
2. was Nokkar still on Easter Island when the Space-Spawn attacked? if not, where was he?
3. between 1996 and 2198 has Nokkar had any communication or messages from his people or anyone on his side in the Galactic War?
4. was Nokkar still hiding from the bulk of humanity up til 2198 or was he known to exist by many humans? did the United Nations know of him? did Alexander Xanatos?
5. after 2198 will he be known to humnas or will he be fighting in the resistance while still hiding from the humans he is protecting?
4. He was still largely hiding.
5. He's not holding a press conference, because he's wanted by the Space-Spawn who are controlling things. But more and more people will come to know him... until he takes off into space with Demona, Zafiro etc.
By 2198, is Nokkar considered elderly for his kind yet?