A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Have you ever gotten addicted to anwsering these questions?
This site is similiar in format to formspring, and I know that can get kind of addicting.
Do you enjoy anwsering these questions? Your responses don't always seem happy.
Why do anwser our questions?
1. No, I wouldn't characterize it that way.
2. I don't know what "formspring" is.
3. I don't always enjoy answering the questions. I think in recent days that's been remarkably clear. But I enjoy it MOST of the time, or I wouldn't continue, of course.
4. See above.
Finally, a word about Ask Greg.
I've asked Gorebash to shut down the question asking function until either (a) I catch up with the huge backlog of questions currently in the queue or (b) we have a new episode airing (whichever comes FIRST).
In the meantime, I'm going to try as usual to wade through the backlog. I'll admit, the questions lately have made me a bit cranky, and I want to avoid that, so I'm breaking down three categories of questions that get on my nerves and will from now on ONLY receive stock answers, both to keep me sane and to speed up the process.
1. Questions that have been asked before are really bogging down the queue. It would be MUCH appreciated if folks would follow the guidelines before posting and try (1) checking the Ask Greg Archives to see if their question has already been answered, (2) check the unanswered questions already in the queue to see if the question has been asked already and will get answered before I get to theirs and (3) try asking the question in the Station 8 Comment Room (http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/comment/). The fans there are VERY knowledgeable and may be able to get you an answer LONG before I reach your question. Any question that falls into this category will simply be answered with the following: "ASKED AND ANSWERED."
2. Questions that ask me to SPOIL my own show are exasperating. As I've said over and over, I'm just NOT going to do that. Why would I? Even obvious stuff can't be addressed, because if I acknowledge anything, the stuff I don't comment on is spoiled by default. So please, please, please refrain. Any question that falls into this category will simply be answered: "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
3. Finally, I have NO problem with people commenting on the series. And I get that not everyone is going to like everything (or even anything) that they see. But for some posters, commenting doesn't seem to satisfy. Instead, they phrase their comments in the form of a question, and in essence CHALLENGE me to acknowledge how right they are about their criticisms of the program. But here's the thing... you do NOT have to agree with me, but aside from a few objective mistakes that I'm ALWAYS willing to acknowledge (e.g.. the incorrect timestamps), you have to understand that if Brandon and I put something in the series, the odds are WE LIKE IT. YOU are NOT going to convince ME that, for example, "Hello, Megan!" or Robin's laugh or Superman's response to Superboy or Wally's flirting is bad for the show. Feel free to tell me you don't care for these (or other) things, but stop phrasing these COMMENTS as questions or challenges. It grates. Any question that falls into this category will simply be answered: "WE LIKE OUR SHOW."
Now, I realize that all of the above sounds fairly negative, but that's not the intent. In fact, the intent is to get any and all negativity out of the way HERE, so that the rest of Ask Greg becomes more manageable and pleasant for myself and all of you. I hope that makes sense.
Apologies for all the typos in my preceding comment. I could have sworn I read it through more than once.
Don't sweat it.
I meant answering these questions sorry XD
See previous response.
Hey greg I was just wondering if you get a little overwhelmed asking all these questions?
Nah. I'm whelmed. (Who didn't know I'd say that.)
I'm used to it. I'll admit, I do wish people would check the archives, would refrain from asking spoiler questions that I'm never going to answer, etc. It can get tiresome, but not overwhelming. And if I get tired, I just stop answering for the time being.
also i know since i did not write a question it wont get posted but to the person that sends this to greg please let him get this. its real important to me. thank you again
Everything comes to me, unless it breaks one of the rules. Doesn't have to be a question.
I would like to know who made this eb site becouse I need a web designer for myself
my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
That would be Gorebash. But I don't know if he's reading this... here. Or if he would be interested.
Thank you for answering my question about The Lighthouse episode. (I wasn't knocking after school specials in general just the ones that feel force and treats the audience like an idiot.) With the amounts of questions you get I would be surpise if you could answer this, but is there a question you're surpised no one has ever asked and you would like to answer it?
Nope. I am sometimes surprised that after all this time there are still questions left to be answered at all...
I'm finally all caught up on the ASK GREG queue. Gonna take a short break, but we'll open the queue again on September 27th, 2010 in preparation for the release of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse which also contains the DC Showcase Green Arrow short that I wrote.
As always, I urge you guys NOT to flood ASK GREG with questions. Check the archives. Check the FAQs. Ask questions of the loyal fans in the Station 8 comment room.
AND, please, THINK BEFORE YOU POST. I am NOT, for example, going to SPOIL "Young Justice" before it airs. I'm not going to SPOIL "Gargoyles" either since I still have hopes of bringing that back. I'm not even going to "SPOIL" Spectacular Spider-Man, because I don't see any real point in revealing future plans and ideas independent of their execution.
Happy to talk process. Happy to talk about what's ALREADY aired or been published. Happy to talk about Mecha-Nation and many other things. But. NOT. GONNA. SPOIL.
Any chance of bringing back "This Day in Gargoyles Universe History?" We've had more comics since it ended, and two Gatherings since then?
Not at this time.