A Station Eight Fan Web Site
What would Demona be like reformed wise by 2075?
Since this questions seems to have been lost, I'll ask it again-
What is the significance of choosing the year 2158 as the time for the future Gargoyles series? That is, why did you choose it?
I have my reasons.
But one of them should be obvious, if you understand Gargoyle birth cycles.
(Also, I wanted/needed to get far enough into the future that most of our regulars would be dead, whether in battle or by natural causes or whatever. Because I didn't want to spoil stories set in the present by being forced to reveal what and/or where the characters were in the future.)
It's interesting. Originally, all I planned to say was, "I have my reasons."
I know you have addressed this a lot..but I have read your posts on it and im still confused..not cuz your posts were vage but cuz my knowledge of math..is ..well lets say limited.
My question is on Broadway's and Angela's children. To the best of my knowleged they have 3 right, the middle child is the female and the youngest is Sampson who becomes leader. Can you explain to me how old approx. is Sampson when he becomes leader and in what order does this happen? IE. Hudson, Goliath, Brooklyn, ...then RIGHT to Sampson? That seems to me that he'd be too young..or that Brooklyn or Goliath would be getting on but im SO bad at this stuff:P can you help me??
And I just wanted to say that you are doing an awsome job here! Not too meny ppl would take so much time to talk to their fandom, I think thats just really cool of you!:D
And it's not a math question really. It's an events question. You make a few assumptions that don't necessarily happen. But at any rate, it's not that simple. In my current thinking, which has changed quite a bit since 1996, Samson becomes leader due to circumstances beyond his control.
You had said that you planned to add a female (and human) love interest for Owen... In what time-period would we have seen her? Gargoyles-2158 or the "present" series?
Most likely the present. But my plans might have changed if the present series never got picked up and 2158 did. Nothing's final 'til its canon.
1.Lisa wrote "who will be leader of the wyvern clan in 2158?" you answered "define wyvern clan" so my question is the same as hers and in defintion of the Wyvern clan it is the clan that lives atop the eyrie building, the descendants of Goliaths clan.
I'm not sure. Samson, eventually.
1.Would any members of the Pack still be alive in 2158?
Hi mr. Weisman.
I read in the archives that you wouldn't mind a Gargoyles show in CGI. I feel that CGI would not be right for Gargoyles. Not because it would be impossible to make, but I notice that CGI shows tend to have few characters. There's also a lot of generated characters looking close to one and another, like the Apes in Starship Troopers who look alot alike save for their faces, nametag, size.
A show like Gargoyles have many characters with different shape, size, color, etc. Wouldn't that be costly or long to create?
I'd like to have your view on this one, thank you in advance.
The limitations in CGI are no more severe than in cel animation; they are simply different. And most can be overcome with proper lead time and development.
Gargoyles, is, in many ways an ideal CGI show. Doesn't mean it might not be better in cel. But I think it could work. Size, color, shape, etc. none of that is a problem. Hair is a problem. That would take some work. Clothes are a problem. Loinclothes would take some work. But for GARGOYLES 2158, it could be a whole new world in CGI.
Hi Greg! :)
I love "Gargoyles" (obviously) and I was sad that they cancelled it. Ever since I saw "Awakenings" Part 1 (I was there the first time it aired and fell in love instantly!), everything caught me. The betrayal was stunning, the art fantastic, the storyline just plain magnificent! I keep high hopes that Disney gets off it's butt and start working with your show or else to sell it, or better yet continue it with YOU on the crew. Sorry, I've been a Garg fanatic ever since I was nine so thanks for taking your time, because a lot of people, including me, appreciate it. ^_^
Sorry if these sound dumb...
In the spin-off for GARGOYLES 2158, you said that Timedancing Brooklyn will star along with Demona, Samson, and a few others. Wouldn't Timedancing Brooklyn meet his older self (the Brooklyn that has become 214 years old) in this year?
(Second question) In the year 2158, will the older Brooklyn even be in Manhattan?
By 2158, Brooklyn would be dead, one way or another. (Do the math.)
A couple of questions about the Quarrymen.
1. What is the relationship between them and the authorities in New York? While obviously the local government figures in Manhattan don't know that the gargoyles are actually a race, and therefore wouldn't interpret the Quarrymen as a hate group, there is the fact that these people could be viewed as vigilantes, are armed with potentially dangerous high-tech weaponry, and their leader is clearly the unstable sort. Would the New York authorities be willing to tolerate them?
2. You mentioned that the Quarrymen would still be around in 2158. What sort of legal status do they have by then? Would they have become more of a criminal organization, like the Pack, by that time, outside the law and the mainstream public, or would they have some fleeting legitimacy left?
1. Not Matt.
2. Legal status? Again, I have always seen them as a KKK parallel. It never ever quite goes away.
Some 'Gargoyles 2158' questions:
1. Do any of three races mainly involved in the galactic war have knowledge of magic's existence? Would they consider it to be superstition (like most humans)? Would they know it exists and works, but not how (like the protagonists of the series)? Would they have researched it and elevated it to the level of science?
In short, what's their attitude towards magic?
2. Is the third species you spoke of allied to Nokkar's race? To the space-spawn? None of the above?
3. Is there a specific point of dispute between the warring sides, or is it simply a war of aggression, one wanting to conquer all, and the other side opposing it?
1. Initially, I wouldn't be dealing with Alien Magic. It's a pretty sophisticated concept. Eventually, I would have enjoyed bringing it in. As for their beliefs, I think Owen said it best: "Energy is Energy." Or to the Space-Spawn, "Power is power."
2. It's complicated.
3. Ditto. Though initially vis-a-vis Earth in 2158 it will play as a territory grab.