A Station Eight Fan Web Site
That Nyrtleka person is right to say I love the Guatemalan gargoyles. Zafiro's my favorite in the whole series!
1. If, say, GARGOYLES is revived, would the garg clans from the Avalon World Tour (Guatemalan in particular;) appear again?
2. Did you have any other plans for the Guatemalan gargs? I'd love to see Zafiro and gang again.
1. Yes. For starters they needed to recover the Sun Amulet.
2. Yes. In particular, a descendant of Zafiro's (also named Zafiro because of the Sapphire pendant he wears) is likely to be a major character in my revamping of GARGOYLES 2158.
Again, I gave myself hours to try and get through April. And I failed. Now, I'm beat. I'll try and finish off that month soon.
And now the big SHOCKING announcement. I've been giving a lot of thought lately to GARGOYLES 2158. And I may be doing a significant reworking of the idea. For starters, I'm no longer sure I want to set the events I have in mind for the series in 2158. So the first thing that may change is the title. More info to come, once I nail some thoughts down. (And since I don't have any kind of deadline, it could take me a while.)
My questions are on the London gargoyles.
1. Are Una and Griff mates? In "M.I.A.", Una seemed to be in love with him. If they ever were mates, will they ever have eggs of their own?
2. Do any London gargoyles appear in Gargoyles: 2185?
I liked those guys, and would like to see more of them.
1. No. Griff disappeared before they could mate. Una eventually mated with Leo.
2. Eventually, I'm sure we'd meet some London Gargs in 2158. (Hell, who knows who would be in the cast by 2185?)
The thing that most intrigues me about "Gargoyles 2158" is the element of what gargoyle/human relations would be like in that period. In the present day, of course, the big problem for gargoyle/human relations will be that the bulk of humanity believe gargoyles to be simply wild beasts or demons rather than sentient beings, and so hunt them down. But you've indicated that by 2158, gargoyles are now realized to be sentient, have become tolerated (though not altogether accepted), and now have a "Protected Minority" status. With that in mind, I'd like to ask a few questions about life for gargoyles in 2158 (if the answers vary for individual clans, please pick the one that matches life for the Manhattan clan in 2158):
1. In 2158, are gargoyle clans subject to human laws, or are they still self-governing?
2. Do they hold human citizenship, with the rights and duties that come with it (i.e., voting rights, paying taxes, jury duty, etc.)?
3. What sort of relationship in general do the gargoyles have with the police in terms of their patrolling their protectorate? As in, how do the authorities look upon the gargoyles' protection work against criminals, on the whole?
4. Are gargoyle hatchlings still taught by the adult members of the clan, or do they have to go to human schools?
2. Some of the above, not all.
3. It is sometimes a source of conflict. Though not everywhere.
4. Human schools aren't practical, as most human children go to school during the day.
I have a few questions, which concern my favourite gargoyle/human relationship (and the only gargoyle/human relationship I know about). Now down to the questions:
1) When you say that, the Goliath and Elisa's "wedding", will be way, way down the line, do you mean before 2008 or after 2008?
2)Would any of Goliath and Elisa's kids or grankids, be alive in 2158? (When I first heard that Samson would be Goliath's grandson, I thought he was Elisa's granson aswell. Just thought I'd let you know.)
3)Would their kids even live as long as gargoyles or as long as humans?
1. I don't know the exact date. Gradual progression. I'd think before 2008 however.
2. No, Samson isn't Elisa's blood grandson, though in human terms he would be her step-grandson, and in garg terms you could certainly call her one of his rookery grandmothers. As for any other children of "the Marriage of Goliath & Elisa", I'd like to keep that a secret for a bit longer.
3. Can't say without giving too much away.
Hello I'm a really big fan of Gargoyles, I watch the show all the time.
Well here's my Q.
Is there anywhere on the web that your spin-offs are in print, or are they only at the gatherings?
Pretty much only at the Gathering. But you can get a lot of info on them by checking the following ASK GREG archives...
What would Demona be like reformed wise by 2075?
Since this questions seems to have been lost, I'll ask it again-
What is the significance of choosing the year 2158 as the time for the future Gargoyles series? That is, why did you choose it?
I have my reasons.
But one of them should be obvious, if you understand Gargoyle birth cycles.
(Also, I wanted/needed to get far enough into the future that most of our regulars would be dead, whether in battle or by natural causes or whatever. Because I didn't want to spoil stories set in the present by being forced to reveal what and/or where the characters were in the future.)
It's interesting. Originally, all I planned to say was, "I have my reasons."
I know you have addressed this a lot..but I have read your posts on it and im still confused..not cuz your posts were vage but cuz my knowledge of math..is ..well lets say limited.
My question is on Broadway's and Angela's children. To the best of my knowleged they have 3 right, the middle child is the female and the youngest is Sampson who becomes leader. Can you explain to me how old approx. is Sampson when he becomes leader and in what order does this happen? IE. Hudson, Goliath, Brooklyn, ...then RIGHT to Sampson? That seems to me that he'd be too young..or that Brooklyn or Goliath would be getting on but im SO bad at this stuff:P can you help me??
And I just wanted to say that you are doing an awsome job here! Not too meny ppl would take so much time to talk to their fandom, I think thats just really cool of you!:D
And it's not a math question really. It's an events question. You make a few assumptions that don't necessarily happen. But at any rate, it's not that simple. In my current thinking, which has changed quite a bit since 1996, Samson becomes leader due to circumstances beyond his control.
You had said that you planned to add a female (and human) love interest for Owen... In what time-period would we have seen her? Gargoyles-2158 or the "present" series?
Most likely the present. But my plans might have changed if the present series never got picked up and 2158 did. Nothing's final 'til its canon.