A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1.Lisa wrote "who will be leader of the wyvern clan in 2158?" you answered "define wyvern clan" so my question is the same as hers and in defintion of the Wyvern clan it is the clan that lives atop the eyrie building, the descendants of Goliaths clan.
I'm not sure. Samson, eventually.
1.Would any members of the Pack still be alive in 2158?
Hi mr. Weisman.
I read in the archives that you wouldn't mind a Gargoyles show in CGI. I feel that CGI would not be right for Gargoyles. Not because it would be impossible to make, but I notice that CGI shows tend to have few characters. There's also a lot of generated characters looking close to one and another, like the Apes in Starship Troopers who look alot alike save for their faces, nametag, size.
A show like Gargoyles have many characters with different shape, size, color, etc. Wouldn't that be costly or long to create?
I'd like to have your view on this one, thank you in advance.
The limitations in CGI are no more severe than in cel animation; they are simply different. And most can be overcome with proper lead time and development.
Gargoyles, is, in many ways an ideal CGI show. Doesn't mean it might not be better in cel. But I think it could work. Size, color, shape, etc. none of that is a problem. Hair is a problem. That would take some work. Clothes are a problem. Loinclothes would take some work. But for GARGOYLES 2158, it could be a whole new world in CGI.
Hi Greg! :)
I love "Gargoyles" (obviously) and I was sad that they cancelled it. Ever since I saw "Awakenings" Part 1 (I was there the first time it aired and fell in love instantly!), everything caught me. The betrayal was stunning, the art fantastic, the storyline just plain magnificent! I keep high hopes that Disney gets off it's butt and start working with your show or else to sell it, or better yet continue it with YOU on the crew. Sorry, I've been a Garg fanatic ever since I was nine so thanks for taking your time, because a lot of people, including me, appreciate it. ^_^
Sorry if these sound dumb...
In the spin-off for GARGOYLES 2158, you said that Timedancing Brooklyn will star along with Demona, Samson, and a few others. Wouldn't Timedancing Brooklyn meet his older self (the Brooklyn that has become 214 years old) in this year?
(Second question) In the year 2158, will the older Brooklyn even be in Manhattan?
By 2158, Brooklyn would be dead, one way or another. (Do the math.)
A couple of questions about the Quarrymen.
1. What is the relationship between them and the authorities in New York? While obviously the local government figures in Manhattan don't know that the gargoyles are actually a race, and therefore wouldn't interpret the Quarrymen as a hate group, there is the fact that these people could be viewed as vigilantes, are armed with potentially dangerous high-tech weaponry, and their leader is clearly the unstable sort. Would the New York authorities be willing to tolerate them?
2. You mentioned that the Quarrymen would still be around in 2158. What sort of legal status do they have by then? Would they have become more of a criminal organization, like the Pack, by that time, outside the law and the mainstream public, or would they have some fleeting legitimacy left?
1. Not Matt.
2. Legal status? Again, I have always seen them as a KKK parallel. It never ever quite goes away.
Some 'Gargoyles 2158' questions:
1. Do any of three races mainly involved in the galactic war have knowledge of magic's existence? Would they consider it to be superstition (like most humans)? Would they know it exists and works, but not how (like the protagonists of the series)? Would they have researched it and elevated it to the level of science?
In short, what's their attitude towards magic?
2. Is the third species you spoke of allied to Nokkar's race? To the space-spawn? None of the above?
3. Is there a specific point of dispute between the warring sides, or is it simply a war of aggression, one wanting to conquer all, and the other side opposing it?
1. Initially, I wouldn't be dealing with Alien Magic. It's a pretty sophisticated concept. Eventually, I would have enjoyed bringing it in. As for their beliefs, I think Owen said it best: "Energy is Energy." Or to the Space-Spawn, "Power is power."
2. It's complicated.
3. Ditto. Though initially vis-a-vis Earth in 2158 it will play as a territory grab.
Is there an equivalent crime faction to Dracon's organisation in 2158? If so, are any relatives of existing people still operating? Dracons had 'owned' Manhattan's crime scene for three generations (I think that was the quote, I suppose it might have been more), so would they go forward?
How large would the clan be by 2158?
1,if you had to pick just one of the gargoyles proposed spin-offs which would you have chosen to make?
Well, I got furthest along on BAD GUYS, so I had more ideas clear in my head. So that would be a natural. And I've done quite a bit of thinking recently on G2158.
But honestly, you're question is like asking me to pick between my kids. I'd love to do any or all.
by 2158 you said that gargoyles would have been accepted what would have happened to jon castaway and the qaurreymen?
I didn't say accepted. Perhaps tolerated would be a better word. The Quarrymen would still exist. Castaway himself would be long dead.