A Station Eight Fan Web Site
In Gargoyles 2158, you said Deliah will be uncomfortable about having human genes from Elisa. How will she even know she has this since Gargoyles are raised communally?
It's Gargoyles 2198 now. You might check that archive. Beyond that, I'm not going into any details about Delilah at this time.
Care to give the names of the twelve (thirteen if you count Queen Florence clan) clan leaders who were captured by the Space-Spawn?
Were the Queen Florence Clan and the Gargoyle leaders captured by the space-spawn in the original 2158/Future Tense Spin-off?
What were the regulars for gargoyles 2158? Would Alexander be in it? If so what about Puck?
It's kind of pointless to talk about this, but the regulars were mostly the same. Ages were different here and there.
Alexander would have been as much a part of it as he currently is in 2198.
Puck doesn't get to appear much in either version, but Owen was slated for 2158 in much the same role that he currently holds in 2198.
Don`t think this ones been asked be for
Is there any way that technology in the future (2158 and beyond) could bypass the Gargoyles turning to stone? Cause if magic can do it, I can`t see why technology couldn`t replicate the same effect in some way.
Not by 2198, or 2199 for that matter.
Some GARGOYLES 2198 questions:
1. Is "Alexander Fox Xanatos IV" to be the great grandson of the Alex we know, or is he to actually be the Alex we know?
2. Those two Lex robots that are as common as coffee makers in the future: Are they designed after Lexington? If so, how does the world feel about embracing a household appliance resembling a gargoyle? Wouldn't a gargoyle be a controversial choice?
3. Would Merlin be involved in any of the planned events?
4. By moving the year from 2158 to 2198, you effectively snipped the cord connecting the main series from the future series. Is this because you see GARGOYLES 2198 as our best bet at getting back on TV and you don't want to scramble/reveal what happens in the original series, in case you get to do it second?
1. Our Alex.
2. They are modeled after him, yes. Ironically, it's less of a problem than you might think. Perhaps because the gargoyle-robot tends to be in a subservient position. Also, cuz the things are so damn useful and they don't come in another shape.
3. Not saying.
4. Partially, yes. I definitely wanted to get far enough out that I wasn't tying my hands on the original. I also, frankly, think that 2198 sounds cooler than 2158. But the main reason was the rethinking of the character of Samson.
In the original 2158/Future Tense Spinoff which characters in 2198 were present? Which characters in Future Tense/2158 weren't present in 2198?
Samson, Delilah, Demona, Owen, LXM, Brooklyn.
I can't remember if Zafiro was in there or not. I'm not sure I had all the characters firmly nailed down back in '96. I'm confident that the Guardian was NOT there. At least not in this form.
I can't remember if Fu-Dog was there either.
Have you checked the 2158 archive?
Wouldn't gargoyles 2198 also tie your hands on certain arcs in the gargoyles universe?
That's a risk. It's also one of the reasons I moved the setting from 2158 to 2198. I wanted to get far enough into the future that most everyone from the original would be dead no matter what.
Say good-bye, finally, to GARGOYLES 2158.
The proposed GARGOYLES spin-off series originally known as "GARGOYLES: FUTURE TENSE" and later retitled "GARGOYELES 2158" has been redeveloped.
For more information, check out the "GARGOYLES 2198" ASK GREG archive.
Just wanted to say I understood right away what you meant by "tolerance is unsatisfactory" (ie, not good enough). However, your distinction between "tolerance" and "acceptance" has brought a question into my mind.
In the time of the revamped Future Gargoyles series, how do you see gargoyles being viewed by the *majority* of the human population. With tolerance or acceptance?
(Yeah, I know I'm asking for ONE opinion from many billions of individual minds, but...a ballpark idea. Please?)
something akin to tolerance...
Would any of the spinoffs featured the Pack (or at least members of the Pack) as villains?
Thank you for your time.
Sure. Most. Let's see...
Gargoyles 2158 (revised)
And I wouldn't be surprised if we also saw them in
But I would be surprised if they showed up in