A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I think this was also lost in the queue, so
1) What would happen to Oberon when Mab returns?
2) Would Mab be around by 2158?
3) What would happen to Mab by 2158?
4) At what level of maturity would Oberon and Titania's children be by 2158?
1. He will not go quietly.
2. Can't say.
3. Can't say.
4. Can't say.
How much by 2158 does the human world know about the truth of the New Olympians' origins?
I've tried to ask this question before, but I guess it got wiped in some glitch. Gotta love these new fandangled machines, eh?
My question: Will Demona reform before or after...
1) Angela's death?
2) Goliath's death?
3) The Space Spawn attack?
4) Clan Manhattan's eggs hatch?
5) Gargoyles declared as endangered species?
6) Pigs fly?
Who says she reforms?
I said she starts to fight on the side of the angels. There's a difference.
Would Samson's two older siblings Artus and Gwenyvere (sp?) be in G2158?
You're question cannot currently be answered, because I'm changing the century when the series is set, and changing the relationships, etc.
You'll just have to wait for me to finish. Sorry.
(And stop asking for now folks, it's just taking time away from me working on the revamp.)
1)In 2158 would there be any television programmes or channels made for gargoyles, seeing as they are a 'protected
minority' . 2)Would there be any gargoyle actors/esses in on TV in 2158
1. Made for?
2. Probably. Yeah. Of course, 2158 is no longer a significant date. I'm still working on the revamp. Hold tight.
1) If and when you get to do tose Gargoyle Episodes and Spinoffs do you plan to do crossovers like the following:
2) Would you still include the Previously On Gargoyles segments when necessary?
1. 2158(revised) and TimeDancer, definitely.
Dark Ages and TimeDancer, probably.
Pendragon/Bad Guys. Probably, eventually.
Bad Guys/Gargoyles. Definitely.
New Olympians/Gargoyles. Definitely.
New Olympians/Pendragon/Bad Guys - Eventually.
Would there have been any main individual Space-Spawn character in Gargoyles 2158?
Ask me again after the revamp is completed.
How would Avalon and/or the fae react to the Space-Spawn war of 2158?
Well, it's not in 2158 anymore. This is a fair question, but as I'm in a rethink on the whole concept at this time, you'll have to ask me again later.
1. I don't know where I got the idea, but is Ophelia(sp?) in the Manhatten clan in 2158?
2. If not then where does she reside?
3. By 2158 would some new gargoyles have joined the Manhatten clan(other than Demona, Brooklyn, Katana, their kids)?
4. I know you won't answer this, but who would some of those new gargoyles be?
5. How much of Gargoyles 2158 have you actually thought out completely?
1. I don't know where you got that idea either.
2. Probably Avalon, assuming she's still alive.
3. Yes. Though I'm not confirming your list by implication.
5. I HAD thought out quite a bit. But some of it wasn't jelling for me, so I've recently started from scratch on the concept. I haven't finished reworking it. Some things will stay the same. A character named Samson is still the lead. And Brooklyn still timedances into the cast. But other stuff may alter quite a bit. Among other things, I'm almost definitely changing the year (and thus the title) of the show. More to come...
I was very intrigued by that little revelation of yours about Lexington going into business with an unexpected partner. I hope that you get to tell that story some day if "Gargoyles" gets revived. I'd certainly enjoy seeing how Goliath would respond to Lex entering the business world - and Xanatos's response, for that matter. (Although we know already that Lex isn't the first gargoyle to do this sort of thing - given Demona and Thailog's foundation of Nightstone, and maybe Leo and Una's shop in London to boot).
It's more intriguing then you know and will have ramifications that will extend beyond 2158.
1) What will be the reason(s) why Broadway and Angela name their children after Arthur and Gwenivere? 2) Why do they name their third child Samson? 3) Will Lex be anyone's biological father? 4) Will Samson? 5) Will Bronx?
1. There are many reasons. One that I'm happy to reveal is that after Broadway's experience in "Lighthouse" and Angela's experience on "Avalon", they're both fans.
2. This may get reworked in the revised Gargoyles 2158. As soon as I have the new "future history" nailed down, I'll make a general announcement.
3. I'm not telling.
4. I'm not telling.
You mentioned that by 2158, gargoyles would be regarded as a "protected minority". This implies that they've been recognized as a sentient species and have been given rights of some kind. I was wondering what the status of artificially intelligent beings might be at this time, and if it's even been addressed (do they have any rights at all?).
Largely the issue will not have been dealt with yet.
Would Manhattan (or whatever it might be called in the future) still be the main stage for "Gargoyles 2158", as it was for the original series?
A stage. But the series would be significantly more global, more mobile.
And there would be two main stories going on:
1. The Homefront.
2. Behind Enemy Lines.
With the main cast quickly dividing into two groups.
By 2158, would any gargoyles have been converted to human religions? If so, how many, roughly? And to which religions in particular?
I'm sure some. But not many.
In the year 2158 A.D., what are Demona's thoughts/regrets about her treatment towards Goliath and his legacy upon the relationships between humans and gargoyles?
Ask me again after I've finished my reworking of the concept.
That Nyrtleka person is right to say I love the Guatemalan gargoyles. Zafiro's my favorite in the whole series!
1. If, say, GARGOYLES is revived, would the garg clans from the Avalon World Tour (Guatemalan in particular;) appear again?
2. Did you have any other plans for the Guatemalan gargs? I'd love to see Zafiro and gang again.
1. Yes. For starters they needed to recover the Sun Amulet.
2. Yes. In particular, a descendant of Zafiro's (also named Zafiro because of the Sapphire pendant he wears) is likely to be a major character in my revamping of GARGOYLES 2158.
Again, I gave myself hours to try and get through April. And I failed. Now, I'm beat. I'll try and finish off that month soon.
And now the big SHOCKING announcement. I've been giving a lot of thought lately to GARGOYLES 2158. And I may be doing a significant reworking of the idea. For starters, I'm no longer sure I want to set the events I have in mind for the series in 2158. So the first thing that may change is the title. More info to come, once I nail some thoughts down. (And since I don't have any kind of deadline, it could take me a while.)
My questions are on the London gargoyles.
1. Are Una and Griff mates? In "M.I.A.", Una seemed to be in love with him. If they ever were mates, will they ever have eggs of their own?
2. Do any London gargoyles appear in Gargoyles: 2185?
I liked those guys, and would like to see more of them.
1. No. Griff disappeared before they could mate. Una eventually mated with Leo.
2. Eventually, I'm sure we'd meet some London Gargs in 2158. (Hell, who knows who would be in the cast by 2185?)
The thing that most intrigues me about "Gargoyles 2158" is the element of what gargoyle/human relations would be like in that period. In the present day, of course, the big problem for gargoyle/human relations will be that the bulk of humanity believe gargoyles to be simply wild beasts or demons rather than sentient beings, and so hunt them down. But you've indicated that by 2158, gargoyles are now realized to be sentient, have become tolerated (though not altogether accepted), and now have a "Protected Minority" status. With that in mind, I'd like to ask a few questions about life for gargoyles in 2158 (if the answers vary for individual clans, please pick the one that matches life for the Manhattan clan in 2158):
1. In 2158, are gargoyle clans subject to human laws, or are they still self-governing?
2. Do they hold human citizenship, with the rights and duties that come with it (i.e., voting rights, paying taxes, jury duty, etc.)?
3. What sort of relationship in general do the gargoyles have with the police in terms of their patrolling their protectorate? As in, how do the authorities look upon the gargoyles' protection work against criminals, on the whole?
4. Are gargoyle hatchlings still taught by the adult members of the clan, or do they have to go to human schools?
2. Some of the above, not all.
3. It is sometimes a source of conflict. Though not everywhere.
4. Human schools aren't practical, as most human children go to school during the day.
I have a few questions, which concern my favourite gargoyle/human relationship (and the only gargoyle/human relationship I know about). Now down to the questions:
1) When you say that, the Goliath and Elisa's "wedding", will be way, way down the line, do you mean before 2008 or after 2008?
2)Would any of Goliath and Elisa's kids or grankids, be alive in 2158? (When I first heard that Samson would be Goliath's grandson, I thought he was Elisa's granson aswell. Just thought I'd let you know.)
3)Would their kids even live as long as gargoyles or as long as humans?
1. I don't know the exact date. Gradual progression. I'd think before 2008 however.
2. No, Samson isn't Elisa's blood grandson, though in human terms he would be her step-grandson, and in garg terms you could certainly call her one of his rookery grandmothers. As for any other children of "the Marriage of Goliath & Elisa", I'd like to keep that a secret for a bit longer.
3. Can't say without giving too much away.
Hello I'm a really big fan of Gargoyles, I watch the show all the time.
Well here's my Q.
Is there anywhere on the web that your spin-offs are in print, or are they only at the gatherings?
Pretty much only at the Gathering. But you can get a lot of info on them by checking the following ASK GREG archives...
What would Demona be like reformed wise by 2075?
Since this questions seems to have been lost, I'll ask it again-
What is the significance of choosing the year 2158 as the time for the future Gargoyles series? That is, why did you choose it?
I have my reasons.
But one of them should be obvious, if you understand Gargoyle birth cycles.
(Also, I wanted/needed to get far enough into the future that most of our regulars would be dead, whether in battle or by natural causes or whatever. Because I didn't want to spoil stories set in the present by being forced to reveal what and/or where the characters were in the future.)
It's interesting. Originally, all I planned to say was, "I have my reasons."
I know you have addressed this a lot..but I have read your posts on it and im still confused..not cuz your posts were vage but cuz my knowledge of math..is ..well lets say limited.
My question is on Broadway's and Angela's children. To the best of my knowleged they have 3 right, the middle child is the female and the youngest is Sampson who becomes leader. Can you explain to me how old approx. is Sampson when he becomes leader and in what order does this happen? IE. Hudson, Goliath, Brooklyn, ...then RIGHT to Sampson? That seems to me that he'd be too young..or that Brooklyn or Goliath would be getting on but im SO bad at this stuff:P can you help me??
And I just wanted to say that you are doing an awsome job here! Not too meny ppl would take so much time to talk to their fandom, I think thats just really cool of you!:D
And it's not a math question really. It's an events question. You make a few assumptions that don't necessarily happen. But at any rate, it's not that simple. In my current thinking, which has changed quite a bit since 1996, Samson becomes leader due to circumstances beyond his control.
You had said that you planned to add a female (and human) love interest for Owen... In what time-period would we have seen her? Gargoyles-2158 or the "present" series?
Most likely the present. But my plans might have changed if the present series never got picked up and 2158 did. Nothing's final 'til its canon.