A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1)How many sets of teeth do gargoyles have? Humans have two sets: their milk teeth and their adult teeth, (three sets if you count false teeth.) Do gargoyles have two sets of teeth as well, or just one set of teeth? Or do they have more than two sets of teeth?
2)At what age do the hatchlings start to teeth?
1. I haven't given it any thought.
2. Born with teeth, I'd think.
Are their any gargoyles that have eye color or do all gargoyles just have black pupils.
A small tidbit that you revealed through the last contest was that the hatching of the eggs takes place in March 21st - the Spring Equinox, that is.
Now, I always felt it would be on an equinox or a solstice- those are the only dates that make sense really... Is the laying of the eggs also done on the Spring Equinox (ten years earlier ofcourse)?
How about the egg's conceiving? Have you decided how much time is spent between the eggs's conceiving and laying?
That's interesting. Maybe.
As for conception, maybe I'll make it a six month term and put it on the fall equinox.
The truth is I chose March 21st because it's my son's birthday. But sometimes things in the Garg Universe just seem to come together. It's cool that way.
Just one question I've been wondering for a while
What would happen if a Gargoyle were to go into space (on a shuttle or something)? would it go into stone sleep until it came back to earth?
1. When I asked if there are any Gargoylebeasts whith wings you said they involved without. So if it is all an evolving thing and if there are only two kinds of gargoyles (the human like and the beast like), how does it come, that some gargoyles look totally different to the others and seem to have other bones, a much different skelleton?
For example Lexington looks much different (for example his bones in his wings) and a much more distinct example is Zaphiro. He seems to have no legs at all.
1b) How should I imagine Zaphiros skelleton? Is his "foot" exactly like a part of a snake or have the two legbones grown together into one?
2. Are there any other gargoyles out there that look much different than the rest? (as much as Zaphiro does)
3. How about feathers? Have some gargoyles feathers at their wings? Is that normal? Or is it maybe a genetic characteristic you find just in the genetic resources of the gargoylepopulation of some specific lands and not all over the world?
4. Do all Ishimura-Gargoyles have black hair? Is it normal, that in all countrys where the hair color of the native population is black, the hair color of the gargoyles is black, too?
4b) How about the Guatemala-Gargoyles?
1. I think I said "evolved". You've never seen Zafiro's skeleton. The differences are superficial. The limb count is the same. Even Beasts, may have small vestigal wing bones, I suppose. But that doesn't mean there are flying beasts.
3. Some have feather-like things on their wings, for example Zafiro and Griff.
4. Not all.
4b. What about them?
So how developed are baby gargoyles at birth? Are they, say, as helpless as a human infant, or more along the lines of a deer or foal-able to walk shakily an hour or two later (bipedal or all fours.) Any other info will be appreciated. For that matter, how long might it take for a healthy hatchling to escape from the shell? Any bird can take several hours, just curious:)
When he or she is ready, it's fast.
They are slightly more advanced than human infants. They are able to support their own heads for example. They start crawling much quicker. But mentally, they aren't that much further along.
these may have been asked, but i couldnt find them. i wont be upset if you yell at me and tell me to look harder. ^_^
1. does a garg's vision change when their eyes glow?
2. if not, do they know theyre glowing just like ppl know when theyre blushing?
3. the stone sleep heals everything? i mean, if they started catching a cold one night, would the stone sleep cure it? i have strep throat right now (again. its my anual strep) and id REALLY like a lil stone cureall ^_^
2. Not consciously, no.
3. Yeah, it's a wish-fullfilment thing.
Here's my questions: how do gargs behave during the female's season? You did suggest in the archives that the female gives off a scent, so does this scent affect a male, and if so, how? (needn't get too detailed, heh.)Is there aggression on the part of either gender? I somehow doubt clan males would fight, but maybe some generic shoulder shoving and bullying type behavior? Is there a ritual of sorts? Fanfic authors have some often alarming ideas of season behavior, and I wanted to know the real deal:)
No shoving. Keep in mind, gargoyles mate for life. By the time a female is fertile, she's generally already chosen a mate. And the scents are VERY specific.
Does goliath ever go to the bathroom
Some decorum, please.
Hello again I have another question about gargs.
1. Are Gargoyle hatchlings able to stay up in the daytime cause in Avalon pt 3 we saw Gaberial and Angela do so.
No you didn't. You saw a bright moon-lit night. Or something where the color choices were bad, whichever explanation you prefer.