A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Does goliath ever go to the bathroom
Some decorum, please.
Hello again I have another question about gargs.
1. Are Gargoyle hatchlings able to stay up in the daytime cause in Avalon pt 3 we saw Gaberial and Angela do so.
No you didn't. You saw a bright moon-lit night. Or something where the color choices were bad, whichever explanation you prefer.
1) You said that twins are a rare thing in gargoyles. Is it as rare as octoplets are in humans or more rarer or even less rarer?
2) When the rare occasion of twins happens, would the female lay two eggs or would both hatchlings be in one egg?
3) Do hatchlings have, an egg tooth to help hatch out of their egg or do the parents help the hatchling out?
1. Very rare.
2. They'd both have to be in one egg.
Ok, this is the first time i'm posting, but not the first time i'm reading, so i checked the archives first.
Do the "fingers" of some gargoyles' wings have any mobility?
If yes, how much?
Here's another question that might be alittle nitpicky.
I noticed that, when you refer to the ages of the Manhattan Gargs, you always add the 1000 sleep period in their age. Why? I thaught Gargoyles don't age when they sleep.
Only when I refer to their chronological age do I add the 1000 years. That is when I'm making a reference to how long they have been on this earth.
When I'm talking about their biological age, I subtract the 1000 years from their chronological age, and then divide the result in half.
Unless I'm being a smartass.
(Questions on Yama and Sora)
1) In "Bad Guys" you had planned on Yama being part of the crew. But I doubt that will occure exactly that way if the regular "Gargoyles" series ever comes back. So..
Did you plan on having Yama try to redeem himself in some other way?
2) You mentioned that Sora was going to be one of the females included in the Manhattan Rookery. Why did she go all the way there to lay her egg? Was it do to some clause in Bushido? (I personally don't think that gargs have a hang up on dishonor being passed down ..but thought I'd ask)
1. No. If any garg-related series ever came back, I'd find a way to incorporate Bad Guys into it.
2. I categorically did not say that. I said they'd all be laying eggs around the same time. Not the same place.
If a gargoyle turns to stone in a place where the sunlight cannot reach him, would he be fully healed when he wakes up? If I'm not mistaken, a gargoyle heals itself by storing up solar rays, right?
Yes. But it's o.k. to miss a meal on occasion, isn't it?
When I first saw that Demona had red glowing eyes (unlike the others who had white) I thought that was intended to be a hint that she was on the evil side. Usually in children shows, the evil characters are dressed in darker colors (i.e. black and red) while the good guys are dressed in lighter colors (i.e. white, light blue). I know the show is deeper than that, but was that the initial reason why Demona had red glowing eyes, or was it planned that female gargoyles would have red glowing eyes all along?
Thanks a bunch!
But I had no problem giving Angela, etc. red glowing eyes later, even though they weren't evil.
Once again thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.So here goes.
Angela is the almost a carbon copy of Demona physically. Except for her coloring which is like Goliath's. Would I assume that if a gargoyle's offspring is female she looks like her mother but with her father's coloring, and if male than he looks like his father but with his mother's coloring?
I used to use this as a rule when I drew gargoyles. But then I learned of Gabriel and Broadway's parentage and that threw me off. Hope youcan clear this up. Thanks!
There is no rule. But it's commonplace. Gabriel looks a bit like Coldstone with Coldfire's coloring.
But there's no rule.
A couple ?'s on gargoyle traits and characteristics:
1. Are there any aquatic gargoyles? Meaning, gargoyles who live primarily underwater.
2. Are there any gargoyles who can fly instead of glide? Perhaps if their wings were disproportionately large and stronger compared to their body mass?
3. Do all gargoyles turn to stone? Are there some who might turn to other things such as wood, or some substance similar to?
1. Can't say.
3. Stone only. And not really stone either.