A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. If any more Gargoyles projects ever get launched, have you considered what platform you want it have? Streaming on exclusive platform or TV? It would be amazing to have a more mature rating, so Gargoyles can tell mature stores without worrying about censoring anything.
2. I donât know if you answered this already, but just in case - what are Gargoyles views of sexuality? Lexington is gay, Iâm curious about how they views of LBGTQ.
3. I think Gargoyles would an awesome video game one day! Have you ever thought about it? I play with Brooklyn (my favorite) the most, what about you?
4. I know you love make allusions your works in your other shows. Will there for allusions to Gargoyles in upcoming episodes of Young Justice? Zatannaâs arc is next, Iâll keep my eyes peel!
5. Aside of Gabriel and Angela, I wish we could know more about the Avalon clan! I know during a break in the World Tour arc, Goliath spend time with the them. Was any moments you would have like to have show with Goliath bonding with his children and introducing more named members of the clan?
1. Honestly, I'll take what I can get. But I assume the most likely venue is Disney+. At least at the moment. Not that they've asked.
2. They have no issues with it. Basically, they have a "You Do You" mentality.
3. There was a Gargoyles video game back in the day. But I think you had to be Goliath. I'm not sure though. Never played it. I'm not a gamer.
4. By now, you should have seen a few...
5. I have lots of stories. Just need a venue...
How many seasons would you have planned for Gargoyles and its Spin-offs to realize your own vision?
2. Bad Guys
3. Time Dancer
4. Dark Ages
5. Gargoyles 2198
6. Heroes of Ulster
7. New Olympians
1. As many as possible until the series caught up to Gargoyles 2198.
2. As many as possible until the premise resolved or the series caught up to Gargoyles 2198, whichever came first.
3. As many as possible until Brooklyn's journey catches up to his return with his family to Gargoyles.
4. As many as possible until we catch up to the Wyvern Massacre in Gargoyles.
5. As many as possible.
6. As many as possible until the premise is resolved or until the series caught up to Gargoyles 2198.
7. As many as possible until the series caught up to Gargoyles 2198.
8. As many as possible until the series caught up to Gargoyles 2198.
Will there ever be a time that they'll reveal their full plans for Gargoyles? Or will they remain completely unsolved if the franchise is not continued?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Who are the "they" that you refer to?
Hey! I'm a recent gargoyles fan (and am currently obsessed), and I actually have a couple of questions about the comics.
1) If you were to ever adapt the comics into a cartoon or a comic dub/radio play, for the comic exclusive gargoyles, like Katana and Gnash, who would your dream cast be for their voices?
2) Also, have you ever thought about adding onto the comic series after "Phoenix", or do you feel like the Clan Building arch is good where it was left and it would be good to move on to a new chapter of the Gargoyles saga?
1. I've learned not to answer that in advance of actual casting. You can't always get the person you're thinking of, and I prefer not to make the actor who actually helps bring the character to life to feel like a second choice.
2. I've been DYING to make more Gargoyles comics and have been trying to sell Disney on the idea ever since.
Hey Greg I'm a newbie who just started watching your show on disney+ and first off wow! How did miss this? Now that gargoyles is on a exclusive streaming service is there any new possibilities for it to come back? -also while typing this would you be open to a kingdom Hearts crossover or a gargoyles video in general?
We're trying to get everyone to #KeepBingingGargoyles over and over again on Disney+ - because we DO think there's a possibility that Gargoyles might be able to come back, if fans prove to the company that there's an interest.
I don't know much about Kingdom Hearts, but I'm certainly open to including Gargoyles. That's been discussed in the past, but never happened - to my knowledge.
And I'd love to do Gargoyles in ANY medium, if given the chance.
The thing to keep in mind is that it's not up to me. But the fans (collectively) have more power than they think, if they understand how to exercise it.
Hey greg â" Adam Barnhardt here. Iâm a reporter with ComicBook.com and a massive fan of Gargoyles. Iâve been covering the show for the site and thereâs certainly a platform for more content â" especially if we talk about the #KeepBingingGargoyles movement.
Any chance youâd have a chance to speak with me on the phone or via e-mail in the coming days about all things Gargoyle? Would help provide some serious media coverage for the movement.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org â" look forward to hearing from you.
I believe we spoke in 2020: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/gargoyles-movie-reboot-jordan-peele-greg-weisman-involvement/
Bit of a click-bait title to the article, but otherwise, I thought it came out well.
Just learned about the proposed spin-offs after all these years, and I ask:
Dude?! Seriously, why was 2198 never picked up?
That spin-off would've been awesome. I'm truly upset Disney or any other company overlooked such an amazing idea.
No other company except Disney could have picked it up. And for a couple decades after Goliath Chronicles basically bombed, no one at Disney was interested in Gargoyles.
Hi greg i have two questions.
1.If you were to bring back Gargoyles on Disney plus,how many seasons would it have?
2. Would you also attempt to do Gargoyles Dark Ages and Gargoyles 2198,and have them on Disney plus if you ever get the chance?
1. How do I answer something so incredibly hypothetical? If it were up to me, it would never end. But that kind of thing is NEVER up to me.
2. Given the chance, I'd do all of it.
Hi, with Disney+ getting ready to launch, I know the the original Gargoyles series will be streaming there... Have you ever thought about doing a pitch for a live action version for the streaming service? I got my wife hooked on the show and even she asked the question... "Why has this never been done as a live action movie/series?" It's amazing how timeless this series is... I own the graphic novels from Slave Labor too and those also feel like watching the show when reading. Thanks for your time! =)
I've been pitching Gargoyles non-stop for over two decades now. Animated. Live Action. More comics. Etc. I'm still talking to people at Disney, but as always, it's not up to me.
If fans want this kind of thing, the answer is pretty simple. BINGE WATCH GARGOYLES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER on Disney+. #KeepBingingGargoyles
If you had a chance to do another season of Gargoyles (and hopefully you will for Disney+ at some point), but Disney stipulated you had to keep season 3 in continuity, would you still return?
Yep. I'd find work arounds.
If Gargoyles returns will it continue where it left off?
Don't know. Depends on so many - extremely hypothetical - factors.
how stoked are you that Gargoyles is going to be on Disney+?
Very. Very, very stoked. Extremely stoked.
Hey Greg. First off you are one of my favorite writers ever. Everything youâve written and produced has been golden.
Anyway my question is since Proud Family, Lizzie McGuire, are getting revived on Disney Plus is it possible or at the very least a chance it could happen to Gargoyles, and would jump right on?
It's possible. And I'd love to do more. But it's Disney's call, not mine.
Do you think if you would have a chance to revive the show Gargoyles.
Would you have the show with it's new seasons stream on Disney+?
A lot of revived shows are streamed on platforms like Neflix or Hulu.
It is, of course, NOT my decision to make. I would assume that any revival of a Disney show would go to Disney+. But again - NOT UP TO ME.
Hey Greg - Believe it or not my son and I attended a Gathering in Austin Texas and he was young - real young. At the masquerade party he was Goliath and won a small prize of sorts. That was some 20 years ago I suspect - but out love of the Gargoyles has not faded. We still hold out hope for a Gargoyles return in some fashion. He has crates of unopened items (Castle, action figures, cars and so much more) - Thanks for the great stories and memories - and we are still secretly praying for Gargoyles to rise again! Proudly - Jack's Dad
I remember you guys!! Gathering 1999, right? (But it was Dallas, not Austin. I've never been to Austin, though I'd love to go someday.)
Check out the show on Disney+ and #KeepBingingGargoyles!!
Hello Gregg. Im another timeless fanatical Gargoyles fan. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful and eye opening show. My question is : Did you have a planned finale to end the show ? or were you going to keep the show going as long as it kept picking up and take it season by season ? thanks P.S: I sincerely hope you find a way to revive this captivating and thrilling show
Never the end...
1. At the end of the Rock of Age Peredur mentioned he was going to call a meeting of the upper echelons. Up to what levels/ranks was he make up the upper echelons? Are there other echelons as well?
2. Do ranks in the IIlluminati mean anything or is it at a certain level that it's semantics in terms of their role? I only ask because Blanchefleur was a three and it seemed like she should be a two since she is the wife of Peredur.
3. Thanks for creating Gargoyles and developing Young Justice they really are unique works of art and they bring great joy to me and my friends, I hope Young Justice gets picked up for more seasons and Gargoyles comes back as well!
1. No spoilers.
1a. You mean are there lower echelons? Cuz, yeah.
2. They mean everything.
3. Me too!
I know you likely get flooded with questions/pleas for a continuation for many of your works, and with the return of Young Justice, that seems to have stricken wishful thinking to many, myself included. The DC Animated Universe (DCAU) had similar scenarios in which storylines were continued via comics in otherwise discontinued mediums, but I digress.
Onto the question: do you believe there's even the faintest possibility that any of your works could be continued via comics, novels, or anything at all?
I do believe that's possible. I've been constantly trying to make it possible for decades now.
Say how long till gargoyles are in Public domain and when slash if the time comes does that mean you could countinue the series?
I can't remember the current laws. But I believe Gargoyles will enter public domain somewhere between 75 and 125 YEARS from 1994. The earliest, therefore, would be 2069, when I'll be 106 years old. So... do the math.
Hi Greg. I just wanted to tell you that I loved your story on the Gargoyles, especially the story between Elisa and Goliah (I have always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast). Probably they are not the first nor the last to ask you this question, but I hope with all my heart that sooner or later the stories, even comic books, continue. You had so many ideas that I wanted to see them realized. I hope a day not far away will happen ...
I have so far enjoyed the new Ducktales and i have been hearing a lot of talk about the disney afternoon being revived, would you be open for a Gargoyles reboot or revival series?
A revival would be great. A reboot would excite me considerably less.
I'd like to say my six year old daughter loves Gargoyles. We have the complete TV series minus the Goliath Chronicals, which I refuse to even touch. That said I do have a few questions for you.
1: How are you doing?
2: Any sign on the horizon of a possibility of a Gargoyles comeback either as a comic or graphic novel?
3: Rumor has it Disney is planning on a live action Gargoyles in the future, do you know anything about it? I think it mentioned someone from GI Joe Rise of Cobra supposedly writing it.
1. Can't complain. (I mean I do complain all the time, but I really shouldn't.) I'm good.
2. Always signs. Nothing real yet. But #KeepBingingGargoyles on Disney+ and who knows?
3. I know a lot about it. And what I know is that nothing is in the works right now.
Hey Mr. Greg,
I was wondering if you have any news on Gargoyles. I know that a comic cinestory was supposed to come out but was cancelled. Are you disappointed or sad because of that?
I have mixed feelings. I did a lot of (unpaid) work on that, so it's a bit annoying that it was for nothing. But I didn't think it was a great idea in the first place. I wasn't sure how many people - even hardcore fans - would want it.
I wish I had more news to report, but I don't. But #KeepBingingGargoyles on Disney+.
Hi :) It's 2018 and I still find myself in love with your animated show: Gargoyles (seasons 1 through 3) I always find myself re-watching the shows or trying to find amazing artwork of them. The show has made such a huge influence on my own art/ story writing. I wanted to thank you personally for (in my opinion) an extraordinary piece from my childhood.
Here is my question: Do you ever plan to bring back Gargoyles?
I know these kinds of questions were asked before by other fans, but they were all asked years ago and were nearly reaching the year 2020, so I was wondering if your answers/replies have changed.
I'm hoping you haven't forgotten/ let go of the show. There is so much potential left and so many unanswered questions that could be answered in the show. Personally, I feel we need a show like Gargoyles again compared to all these awful shows that kids/teens watch. Your show had such dynamics and important messaging that most cartoon T.V. shows. Plus in this day and age, I would love to see how Gargoyles could be animated (and the art remain consistant.) If you aren't bringing them back, thank you anyway for making them in the first place, and the DVD's will just have to do haha. Thank you for your time. ^U^
Nothing has changed in terms of my desire to come back to the property. I'm trying to get people to #KeepBingingGargoyles on Disney+, which I believe is the surest way to get Disney to bring it back, because - of course - it's not up to me.
This isn't a question, but a word of encouragement.
Whatever happens in the future with a return of "Gargoyles", I'm very much interested and looking forward to getting back into it.
I don't care if it's comic books or TV. Having anything new is all that matters, whatever form it may be. So, I'm glad to know that you haven't and won't give up on it, and that there might be more on the way.
It's been a while since I watched the show, but I just got it on DVD since the rest of season 2 (finally!) was released.
I think it holds up pretty well, as do the SLG comics. I'd still love to do more. I've never given up, and I won't start giving up now!