A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I Wanted To Know Is There Going To Be A Season 4,5,6.... Of Winx Club Because I really Like That Show And I want To See Season 4,5,6...? Please Answer This Question As Soon As Possible.
I have no knowledge of Winx Club at all.
I am looking forward to seeing the new Spider-Man series you are working on.
I read somewhere that the series first season order has been extended from 13 to 26 episodes, is this true?
Dear Greg -- I would first like to just say what a wonderful series you created and that I'm happy new stories are being made after all these years!
My question relates to the concept of monogamy in Gargoyle culture --
You had stated that Gargoyles are both biologically and culturally inclined towards monogamy, including, for the most part, remaining alone after a mate dies, etc. You also said at one point that affairs, cheating, divorce, etc. are quite rare, though wires do on occasion get crossed and such things do happen, so...
1. Obviously every clan and every individual within a clan is different, but if two gargoyles were cheating on their mates with one another, how would the other clan members, in general, react? Would they consider it clan business or personal business? Would the two 'cheaters' be treated any differently either socially or 'officially' by the clan leader? Would cheating on one's mate be considered a banish-able offense? I'm speaking of an affair where both cheaters consent to the relationship and not an Othello-Desdemona-Iago situation.
2. Similarly, how would a clan typically react to two mates 'divorcing' one another? Would one have to leave the clan -- would both? Likewise, would it be considered the entire clan's business or personal business?
I apologize that I'm asking for generalizations (I know after years of reading Ask Greg that you don't much care for those!) but hopefully you can answer anyway because I'm very curious about this.
Thank you and all the best!
1. I think officially it would NOT be considered "clan-business"... but that's not to say the clan or clan leader might not still attempt to deal with the situation.
2. Same answer.
Hello Greg! Congrats on getting the Gargoyles comic up and running!
I anticipated there would be a few mishaps in the monthly book (as is always the case), so I intentionally waited for the trade paperback in the hopes someone might get it for me for Christmas. As I prepare to drop subtle hints to a loved one, I must ask a few questions with regards to the trade...
-You posted on November 17th (I think) that space was slightly cramped in the trade, so what exactly was cut? I'm hoping we get all the pages of the first six issues (since I think those are all one arc), but from what you posted, it seems as though the premiere issue's 30 pages got whittled down. Could you clarify what that means? What, if anything, is missing? Is picking up the individual issues the only way to get all the story?
-Also, you posted corrections here in regards to errors from specific monthly issues. Does the trade contain the corrected versions, or are there a few typos or whatnot to look out for? What are they?
-Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I can't seem to find cover art or a release date for the trade. It's hard to suggest it as a gift without that info, so when do you anticipate the trade will be available in Canada for online or retail purchase, and what will it look like?
-Oops...one last question: Will the covers for the issues included in the trade be present in the trade? DC books usually reprint the covers in the last few pages of their trades, and since the Gargoyles covers look so nice, I assumed you might do the same.
Keep up the hard work - I look forward to reading it!
James (...who loves the "Avalon" arc, and wonders why you found it "rocky")
Space was ONLY cramped vis-a-vis EXTRAS. ALL THE ORIGNAL MATERIAL FROM THE ISSUES INCLUDING THE COVERS (though not the letter columns) will be there. ALL OF IT! I apologize if that wasn't clear. All of it has been corrected for the Trade Paperback. At least all mistakes that I've caught or that have been pointed out to me.
I don't have a definitive date yet, but it should be either the last week of December or the first week in January. Watch this space.
I have a quick Pendragon question, here's hoping you're in the mood to reveal something...
1. a. In Pendragon, what was the thing that the Lady of the Lake brought out of the lake to attack Arthur? Was it water from the lake that she animated and controlled that only appeared alive, or was it actually a living being (unlike the animated stone dragon), or was it something else? It looked like a living creature, but it's hard to tell what it really was.
b. If it was a living being, what was it?
1a. Isn't it though.
1b. No comment.
Sir, this has been bothering me for a while. Please answer, as I am getting desparate.
1.I live in canada, and I realy want to get the Gargoyles Comics, starting from #1. Where can i find them?
2.Where can I find the second half of season 2? I really want to see that happy moment when Elisa and Goliath get together.
Thank you for listening, although I'm sure you get millions of these each day.
1. I don't have any brilliant answers for you, beyond the obvious. Try Amazon, try SLG.
2. You can't. Not right now, but I'm working on it, and I promise to keep you posted.
I enjoyed reading Gargoyles Bad Guys#1 and I like the show of Gargoyles on DVD and the comic books along with spin offs!
Picked up Bad Guys #1 (along with Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash #2) yesterday.
I really loved the artwork here. Props to Karine for her talents, and she really captured the characters (I really loved that panel with The Pack!) beautifully. It was a little tough seeing it in black and white, but I'd already known that the comic would be, so I got used to it by page #2.
The story was great. Loved Dingo's interaction with Hunter. Nice dialogue between those two. Really loved Hunter barely dodging Dingo's boomerang.
Matrix was/still is a really cool character, particularly in this issue. I liked that he tried not to merge with Dingo after learning of his past. lol. I really liked his design style. Once again, kudos to Karine.
Honestly, I expected the story to begin with the Team meeting and hooking up into a group, but I somehow wasn't picturing it done in a flashback sequence. Nice.
Fang, another of my favorite characters, had some sharp lines here too. No real one-liners that I can recall (are some of his best friends STILL half-human, half-gargoyle babes? :-P), but I still had fun in that department. Can't wait to see his bickering with the silent, sullen Yama.
Can't wait to see where this is going next, story-wise, in issue #2.
A perfect 10 out of 10, this one. What a great start to an already appealing mini-series.
And, by the time you probably get to this, Merry Christmas, Greg.
And my condolences about Abraham.
Thanks on all fronts.
This day in Gargoyles' Universe History....
Talon, Maggie the Cat, Fang and Claw return to David Xanatos and take up residence at the Eyrie Building.
This day in Gargoyles' Universe History....
Columba is born in County Donegal, Ireland.
The Empire of Japan attacks Pearl Harbor.