A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Are there other alien sentient races in the universe besides Nokkar's, the Space-Spawn, and the other race in that war?
Probably. But their are fewer sentient species in the Garg Universe than in most fiction universes.
1) How long did it take for the New Olympians to develop their technology to the level seen in New Olympians?
2) In any respects are any of the three races involved in the Space-Spawn war less advanced than what we've seen of Earthly technology? Meaning is there anything in particular technologically Earth has that the aliens don't have? Like say, Sevarius' genetic manipulation, the NO's anti-gravity, Xanatos' Matrix..
3) How advanced were Gargoyles technologically by the time humanity came along? Stone Age-tech?
4) Castle Wyvern is a large stone-built fortress that looks like it was built using construction techniques and concepts that didn't appear in Europe until after the Crusades(I think). So why, in the Gargoyles universe, are the Europeans of 994 more advanced than in history? What in-universe explanation is there?
5) King Arthur of the 6th century seems to wear at least partial plate armour that didn't appear until the 1400's? what's the in-universe explanation here?
1. Until 1996.
2. Generally, they are more advanced than us. But I won't rule out the possiblility that we might not be able to surprise them.
3. Not very. It was unnecessary to their life-styles. Humans are a much more adaptable race, for better and for worse.
4. In universe, I don't need an explanation if I don't feel like dealing. They just are. Perhaps less was forgotten. Perhaps magic was involved. Perhaps our knowledge is flawed.
5. He had access to sources of Armor that most people didn't. We assume that these things didn't EXIST until later. All we KNOW is that they weren't prevalent until later.
What is the actual name of the race Nokkar called the Space-Spawn?
That's the only name I've got for them at this time.
Is the comparision between the skrull and the space spawn and the kree and Nokkar's people accurate?
Were the Kree and the Skrull your source of inspiration for the Space Spawn and Nokkar's peopl?
No, I don't think so. I have a fairly clear memory of what the Skrull look like visually. And I remember the Super-Skrull who had everyone of the F4's powers. Were the other Skrull shape-shifters? As for the Kree, I remember the name. Can't think of what they even looked like. Did they look like Nokkar? At any rate, I don't recall the relationship between the two alien races. So I don't think I was basing what we did on them.
Are there other sentient races living on the Earth besides fay,halflings,humans and gargoyles?
If so could you name them.?
And the New Olympians (though they're a spin-off race of the fae).
Hi Greg I read yor response to Ed's Nokar questions on February 24 and it got me thinking.
1. How good of a sentinal is Nokar? Has his survellance equipment been updated over the passed 3000 years? If not then have any space spawn infiltrated Earth without him knowing.
2. So who did we find at Roswel: Nokar's race, the Space Spawn, or another race.
3. Are the Illuminati aware of Nokar's presence? I imagine since they have their hands in everyhing that the Iluminati would have the very detailed archives concerning aliens and UFOs.
4. Considering that the Space Spawn want to attack earth and conquer humanity, would Demona regard them as allies (the enemy of my enemy...)?
1. No updating, but no infiltration. (Keep in mind, most of his equipment is directed "OUT THERE"...)
2. NO COMMENT.
3. Nokkar arrived before the Illuminati was founded.
4. Who said the Space Spawn wants to attack Earth and conquer humanity? Who says the Space Spawn has ever heard of Earth?
Okay, let me ask the 'faster-than-light' question in a different way: As far as I know, current scientific theory holds that all faster-than-light travel is to some extent time-travel as well, which can lead to paradoxes, etc.
So... my question is: In your universe is there faster-than-light travel which is *not* time-travel in any sense?
Even faster than light travel isn't instantaneous (though it may seem to be depending on the distance travelled). So by definition, any journey takes one not only through space but also through time. Forward, at least.
I realize that isn't the kind of answer you were looking for.
And that amuses me.
Some 'Gargoyles 2158' questions:
1. Do any of three races mainly involved in the galactic war have knowledge of magic's existence? Would they consider it to be superstition (like most humans)? Would they know it exists and works, but not how (like the protagonists of the series)? Would they have researched it and elevated it to the level of science?
In short, what's their attitude towards magic?
2. Is the third species you spoke of allied to Nokkar's race? To the space-spawn? None of the above?
3. Is there a specific point of dispute between the warring sides, or is it simply a war of aggression, one wanting to conquer all, and the other side opposing it?
1. Initially, I wouldn't be dealing with Alien Magic. It's a pretty sophisticated concept. Eventually, I would have enjoyed bringing it in. As for their beliefs, I think Owen said it best: "Energy is Energy." Or to the Space-Spawn, "Power is power."
2. It's complicated.
3. Ditto. Though initially vis-a-vis Earth in 2158 it will play as a territory grab.
Nokkar is trapped on Earth with no way of knowing how his people (or his enemies) are doing or even if they are still alive.
1. Does he still believe that they are out there?
2. Does he believe he will ever regain contact in his lifetime?
3. Does he have a family or relations that he has left behind?
2. Yes. He has renewed faith after "Sentinel".
1. Do you believe intelligent life exists outside of Earth?
2. Did Goliath and Elisa believe it before they met Nokkar?
1. How could it not?
2. Elisa would probably have responded as I did, which doesn't mean she believed in U.F.O.'s. Honestly, I'm not sure if Goliath ever gave it any thought.