A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg. I was wondering if you could provide the voice credits for the following minor characters from Season 2 thus far?
S02E01: Happy New Year
- NYC Police Officer (who tries to stop Lobo)
- Rannian Science Patroller #1
- Rannian Science Patroller #2
- Hall Of Justice Tourist
- Manta Sectors 1, 2 and 4
- Arlington Nuclear Power Plant Security Guard #1 (male)
- Arlington Nuclear Power Plant Security Guard #2 (female)
- El Paso Bus Depot Clerk
- Central City Police Captain
- Manta Trooper
S02E10: Before The Dawn
- Reach Captive #1 (male with long hair wearing cap and red shirt)
- Reach Captive #2 (blonde male wearing beanie and white shirt)
- Reach Captive #3 (female with a hair bun and yellow shirt)
And are the Kroloteans performed by voice actors or sound effects? If they have voice actors, would you mind sharing who provided the voices?
As always, your time and replies are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to the second half of Season 2!
The only place I keep that kind of information is on the hard copies of my recording scripts, and unfortunately, at the moment, those are boxed until I can find the time to go buy a new file cabinet for my Beverly Hills office.
Do you have a favourite Jesse McCartney song?
Can't I love them all equally?
You say that while making the Gargoyles comics you like to pretent to cast a voice actor in your head. (or something like that.) With that in mind, did you "cast" anyone as the voice of...
2) Selena Gonzalez
4) Henry Yarrow
5) The Collector of Worlds (AKA Brainiac)
...in the Young Justice comic book series.
1. I haven't written any issue where Hawkman speaks.
2. I didn't write that issue.
3. I didn't write that issue.
4. Charles Hallahan. (I realize that's not a practical choice, but that's who I heard.)
5. Patrick Stewart.
When Crispin Freeman voiced Speedy and Red Arrow in Satisfaction, does he get paid for one or two characters? Technically they are separate characters, but one's a clone of the other.
They are two characters, but we get two characters for the price of one, per SAG rules. (We get a third character for a small additional fee. But if we want a fourth character, it's another full payment, and it all basically starts over, i.e. five costs the same as four, etc.)
YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION: EPISODE: 212: "True Colors": Premieres!
A new mission! A new Teammate! And a new player in the game!! You won't want to miss our newest episode of Young Justice, premiering on DC NATION this Saturday (and Sunday), January 19th (and 20th) along with a new GREEN LANTERN and more new DC NATION super-hero shorts! Check local listings for times.
And also Saturday night on the SyFy Channel, check out this new original movie: TASMANIAN DEVILS, starring our own Miss Martian, Danica McKellar. That's right, the live-action Danica is kicking some Tasmanian ass and taking some Tasmanian names!!
Meanwhile, for those who have been wondering why I haven't answered many questions recently, here at ASK GREG, it's because I've (a) been out of town on a much needed vacation and (b) been swamped since I got back. I'll try to get back on the horse next week.
From all the VAs, Jesse McCartney is arguably the most famous/popular. How is it to work with him?
In the episode Before the Dawn, was the big bad Blue Beetle of the future played by Eric Lopez, or by someone else?
Does Stephanie Lemelin voice Tigress as well? Her voice sounds similar but deeper, just making sure.
When I was young i watched Gargoyles. My reaction? Meh. Fast forward, year 2009. TvTropes recomended The Spectacular Spider-Man as best animated Spidey show. I hate Spider-Man, but hey, let's give a try. My reaction? AWESOME!!! Hm, lets check other stuff this Weisman guy did. And i rewatched Gargoyles and W.I.T.C.H. My reaction? THIS WEISMAN GUY IS AWESOME!!! He's funny, creative and his villains are amazing. Hm, he's gonna produce Young Justice. Let's check it when it comes out. My reaction? GREG WEISMAN IS OFFICIALLY DEITY IN MY EYES!!! So thank you, Mr. Weisman for giving human kind such awesome cartoons! And now some questions:
1) If you have a billion dollar budget what movie or show would you create? (Shakespeare excluded. We know you would do Kennet Branagh style, 4 hours long, Hamlet)
2) Did you ever met Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman or Grant Morrison?
3) Did you ever considered writing again comics? P.S. Loved Captain Atom both in YJ and comics
4) Whom do you preffer: DC or Marvel? As world, not as a employer
5) Ever been in Europe?
Also, I'm kinda worried for YJ. It seems TV network can't endure your awesomeness, so they ruin 3rd seasons for your shows. That, and Teen Titans are back and new Batman show is in production. Of course, i could be paranoid. No matter what, your work will be always epic! Once again, thank you Mr. Weisman for your awesome work!
P.S. Steve Blum as Green Goblin and Josh Keaton as Spider-Man? BEST. CHOICES. EVER.
1. I don't know. Too many options. Too hypothetical.
2. I met Alan Moore once VERY briefly, in 1985 in San Diego. I've never met Gaiman or Morrison.
3. I'd love to write more comics. No one's asked.
4. ASKED AND ANSWERED. I have no preference. I grew up on both, love both and initially - when I was a kid - didn't even realize there were two different companies.
How do you guys do Dr. Fate's voice? Do you play his voice and the person he is possessing at the same time or is it some sort of echo effect?
We record Kevin Michael Richardson as Nabu and then whomever plays the host (Jason Spisak/Kid Flash, Khary Payton/Aqualad, Lacey Chabert/Zatanna or Nolan North/Zatara) saying the same lines. Then in post-production, we double-track them, so you here two voices. It's a trick I learned on Gargoyles while doing Anubis & Jackal and Anubis & the Emir. I've always been fond of the effect.