A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: « First : Displaying #2 - #11 of 29 records. : 10 » : Last » :
Posts Per Page: 1 : 10 : 25 : All :
Just checking to make sure this is working.
I'm reprinting this.... and yes, I know that the questions I'm currently answering were all posted LONG before the first time I posted this. But since I cleared the room, I wanted to repost his message so that people keep it square in mind when posting NEW questions....
So maybe it's me...
But lately I've been feeling like people are popping in to ASK GREG with the deliberate intent of catching me in a mistake or inconsistency. Like they are trying to trip me [or the series] up.
If not, my apologies.
But if so... CUT IT OUT, OKAY!!!!
It's just not much fun for me.
And before anyone else gets personally paranoid, this isn't directed at any one person. I've just had this general sense that somehow this is the new contest here. Who can make Greg look stupid. Believe me guys, I don't need much help in that department.
If you have a legitimate question you're curious about, then ask away. But if you're just posting to make me look foolish and/or to prove that the show wasn't perfect... well, how 'bout I just acknowledge both things here and now, and we let that drop.
I've been trying to answer questions here at ASK GREG pretty consistently for the last few weeks.
I'm guessing that the "Latest Response Page" is starting to get pretty unmanagable.
So I've cleared it, despite the fact that I've added to it as recently as yesterday.
So if you missed anything recent, please check the following archive:
RESPONSES 2001-9 (Sept)
That'll only give you questions and rambles from this month.
I just read through the entire ASK GREG FAQ. WOW!!!!!
JEB and GXB!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!
1. In 2198 there are only twelve clans. Queen Florence is added later. Paris, later still.
2. "Hobgoblin of Little Minds" and "The Weird Macbeth" (formerly "Puck's Macbeth") were two different story ideas. The one described in the FAQ is "The Weird Macbeth". So far, I have given no details on "Hobgoblin".
3. There have been at least six writers (that I know of) on the Live Action Gargoyles movie.
4. I never worked on the Disney Tarzan Animated series. I was offered a job on it, but I was busy voice directing 3x3 Eyes at the time, so I had to pass.
But given all that information, I'm amazed that there's so little for me to correct. Again, thank you. (Now, let's hope people look at it.)
okay something very weird just happened. I was answering a question that Matt posted about the 'chameleon gene'. Then suddenly, the question just changed. My answer (which I was in the process of writing) remained , but there was now a new question listed above it.....
Hmmmm.... Okay, I think Gore just re-activated the question answering function while I was typing and we had a little glitch here. Matt's question was lost. I'll try to recreate it a bit...
1. Matt wrote something like, "I know you're not a biologist, but how does this chameleon gene' work."
2. Matt thought gargoyles were the sources of various legends, but does the chameleon gene cause gargoyles to look like legendary characters.
3. He asked whether the gene would start changing the looks of familiar clans over time. Or something like that.
4. He stated that he had his own theories as to heredity, etc. And he challenged me to 'sell' him on my chameleon gene theory.
5. He had at least a fifth part to the question (maybe more) but I didn't even get the chance to read it.
My answers to his original question; not to the paraphrased versions above. (Man, this is a mess.)
1. I have no idea. It was just a random thought.
2. No. Definitely not. You're first thought was correct.
3. Natural Mutations (not the Sevarius kind) are likely to occur. They occur to some degree in all species. I was simply positing (and only positing) that Gargoyles might have a gene that causes mutations to occur more frequently. But mostly, garg appearance is defined by heredity.
4. I don't have to sell you on anything. For starters, I'm not sure I've sold myself on it. Second, I'm under no obligation to compete with your personal beliefs. Third, if it isn't in the 66 -- I'm not guaranteeing it. Even some of that is suspect. Sevarius theorized that gargs absorb solar energy while stone. But that was just a theory. He may have been right. He may have been wrong. He may have been partially right. Or he may have been lying intentionally. See?
Since you asked me about the FAQ page in your latest batch of question:
Well, I still think that it's a good idea, but unfortunately, I'm not technically skilled enough to be able to actually set one up. By which I mean that I could help with the writing of the FAQs, but the technical work of adding that page to "Ask Greg" and the link to it is something that I don't know how to do. That would lie more in Gorebash's area (particularly since "Ask Greg" is on his site). Maybe I'd better speak with him about it.
Okay. I'm up for it. It couldn't hurt.
Tomorrow (or today I guess -- July 31st, 2001), I'm going on vacation for a week. Don't know whether or not I'll have internet access, so I don't know whether or not I'll be able to answer any more Ask Greg questions while I'm away. This is the trip that I was supposed to take in June, but didn't because I got pneumonia.
Later this month, I'm taking another week off (it helps to have no job). And that's another week when I don't know if I'll be able to answer questions.
In between, I'm job-hunting and novel-writing and still trying to have a life and answer ASK GREG questions all at the same time.
And everytime I start to get close to catching up, you guys FLOOD this place with more questions.
So here's what's going on. FLOOD AWAY. Today. Because the question posting function at ASK GREG is going on vacation for the entire month of August. I'll still answer questions when I can. And on September 1st, Gorebash will promptly turn the question posting function back on. Todd will review the questions and send them to my queue.
But for August, we're on question posting hiatus. Vacation. So relax. There's plenty of questions already posted to keep me busy. Plus you have just under 24 hours to post those last minute questions that you just can't wait on.
And we will be back one short month from now. Enjoy your summer. See you soon.
And thanks, as always, for your continued support of the show.
I noticed that Greg has been receiving the same questions over and over again and I'm certain he's getting tired of answering them all the time. So, to save him as well as us time & trouble, why don't who ever manages the archive to create a "FAQ Archive" and put the FAQ with best answers in it.
just a suggestion
A nice suggestion. But easier said than done. And time consuming. Todd's been talking about that though. Todd, any further thoughts? Gore?
I noticed in your disclaimer that there's a spelling mistake in the word Television, where it's supposed to say: "...copyrighted by Buena Visa Television" you accidentally wrote television as "televiion". Just thought I'd make you aware of this.
Thank you. I'm again going to lay that one on Gore. (Though it's possible it was me.) Again, I've been aware of the typos for awhile. But I don't have any means of fixing them.
: « First : Displaying #2 - #11 of 29 records. : 10 » : Last » :