A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Is Elisa's hair really blue?
No. It's black. See the archives for a more detailed explanation of why in cartoons and comics we use blue highlights for black hair.
Why did Demona explain her insidious plot to destroy humanity to the Manhattan clan before smashing the vial in "Hunter's Moon, Part 3"? It just seemed kinda ridiculous, considering she had been planning for apparently centuries, enduring everlasting hardship and pain, for her to be so careless, especially when she was outnumbered. I was just wondering if she had some other plan in mind that made foiling that plan necessary.
See the archives. Demona is a conflicted soul. Unconscious self-sabotage and self-justification are a huge part of her make-up.
I enjoy your work a lot, Greg. But, a few things have been bugging me about Spectacular Spiderman:
Why didn't anyone ask Peter why Spiderman supposedly makes time before fighting lethal supervillains to call a teenager to come take pictures of him like he said in "Identity Crisis"?
Did you ever feel the animation for Spectacular Spiderman was too simple and, for lack of a better term, goofy? I read that the animation style used was to make the fight scenes more fluid, which they were, don't get me wrong. Yet, a couple of moments in the fight scenes began to look very wacky. And, I mean the Donald Duck & Goofy in a boxing match kind of wacky.
They did. Pete said Spidey was a "gloryhound".
The animation is fantastic. I think you're referring to the design style, which is something entirely different, but nevertheless, to my mind, also fantastic. I think your Donald and Goofy comparison is pure hyperbole -- and yet NOT a bad thing per se.
1) Did Tinkerer escape after Spidey interrogated him in "Shear Strength"? (Since he appeared again in "Probable Cause", I'm guessing he did.)
2) Is there a voice modulator in the Green Goblin's mask? (Surely there must be, since it's hard to believe that Norman puts on the Goblin's voice himself).
3) Would you say that the Norman Osborn in The Spectacular Spiderman is more influenced by the Norman of the 60s comics or the post-"resurrection" Norman of the 90s comics?
4) Would you say that the Green Goblin in The Spectacular Spiderman is more influenced by the Green Goblin of the 60s comics or the post-"resurrection" Green Goblin of the 90s comics?
1. Asked and answered.
2. I believe so.
3. Some of each. But mostly the earlier stuff.
4. Mostly the earlier stuff.
Thank you for the best cartoon series made and the very first time I watched it was when I flew to go visit my cousin in Manhatan, New York and I was about eight years old. I still watch your show, at 1:00 at night. Do you think you can tell Disney to put it on earlier like around 8:00? And can also tell the too put back on the Mighty Ducks cartoon series? THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOU!
I'm afraid I have no influence over what or when they schedule anything.
I love this Spidey series, the animation, fight scenes, character and story development, and the theme song is just, well, Spectacular.
Can't wait for a Season 3 and 4, 5, hope it gets as many as possible, and I do have a couple of questions...
1. In the DVD things you have planned after this series is over are they gonna be more mature and maybe show an older peter ya' know him going to college and everything like that?
2. would you still need permission to use kingpin in the dvd's?
3. would you consider your venom more ultimate or amazing.
1. There's nothing "planned". There's just a bit of wishful thinking on my part. But yes, I'd like the series to cover the high school years. And then do DVDs of the college years.
3. It's a meld of many canon sources.
Greg, how come in the Spectacular Spider-Man it doesent use realistic gunshot sounds? But, Batman: The Brave and The Bold it uses realistic gunshot sounds, other Batman cartoon shows.
Different networks have different rules, I guess.
forgot a few things...
1.) You said you couldnt think of anything u couldnt do beyond realistic gun shots, so can you say the word die, death, kill, killing, etc. (because the 90's series couldn't) and it seem you have been avoiding like electro saying i'll fry you for that freak, and Walter Hardy saying the night i ended ben parkers life.
2. Are you aloud to kill people, even if it is off screen.
3. Who is your favorite Goblin? (Green Goblin, Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin, Hobgoblin II, Demogoblin, I'll even count Mad Jack, etc.)
4. Who is your favorite symbiote?
5. In The Uncertainty Principle, was that a Man-Wolf cameo, and if it was, whos idea wass it.
6. In Destructiv Testing what did Calypso say to Kraven when he awoke in the car and said this change I...? All i got out of it wa "then I suit you love."
7. I love how these battle scenes are from the comics like Mysterio in the warehouse, Kraven in the park (when he trapped him in the webs in the trees), How he defeated Venom by tricking him, and others. Also love the other battle scenes, so my question is are you for making animated series and movies as close to the comic as possible?
this is all i can think of, hoping for a season 3, 4, 5, 6,....100, lol
1. "Kill" is still, I'm guessing, verboten. I didn't even try to use it though, because I'm so used to the answer being no. So, who knows?
2. Yes. And we did.
3. No comment.
4. No comment.
5. No comment.
6. Something like "The eyes suit you, my love."
7. When it makes sense for us.
back again, just want to rephrase some of my questions and ask a few more, hope its not to much...
1.) If you could use any one else in the marvel universe for his or her own show who would it be?
2.) Same as question 1 but DC?
3.) Have you ever read Amazing Spiderman To Die a Hero, when F. Fosswell dies? I just want to know what you think of it, I personally think it's one of the better comics from the Lee/Romita stories right next to Spiderman No More.
4.) Which issue was the Kraven mutation I've read a few Ultimate comics. I just ordered Issues 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. I already have 1,2 and 6.
1 & 2. The list is nearly endless for both Marvel and DC. I've been reading those comics since I was a kid. Not every character has as rich a history as Spidey, but even the ones with less canon... leave me free to develop them more.
3. Yes. I like it.
4. I don't remember off the top of my head, and I don't have my Ultimates with me at this moment. Besides, that's research you can do on your own.
As promised, here are the photos of myself, Ruben Procopio and the Goliath Sculpt. Note the model sheets everywhere.
May the drooling commence...