A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Mr. Weisman, here are the following questions for you:
* I got your response for the Sinister Syndicate question. While Boomerang, Hydro-Man, Leila Davis (who became the second Beetle), Rhino, Scorpia, and Speed Demon are Spider-Man's enemies, you might be right about the other three. Outside of Beetle first appearing to fight the Fantastic Four and later fighting Spider-Man when getting revenge on Human Torch, Blacklash is an Iron Man villain who Spider-Man helped fight in Marvel Team-Up #72 and #149. Constrictor first appeared in Incredible Hulk #212 and fought Spider-Man and Moon Knight alongside Ringmaster in Marvel Team-Up Vol. 3 #7. Just giving any side info there in case you gain some inspiration for one of the possible future seasons.
* When it comes to other heroes appearing, the closest any series has got is when Peter Parker is a student at Empire University. If your show is successful, what season would have Peter attending attending that university?
* When it comes to your part on the show's characters, it would appear that you've amalgamated some of them to make the show interesting like when you had Montana become Shocker or making Walter Hardy the burglar that shot Uncle Ben (referred to as Dennis Carradine in the Spider-Man films). A similar thing occured in "Wolverine and the X-Men" where Nick Fury was an amalgam of the Earth-616 version and the Ultimate Marvel version (the latter version was also a supporting character in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics). If one of the other Marvel villains in the future season (the one I described in the note above) includes a certain Latverian monarch, would you do the same for Beetle (meaning combining the Earth-616 version and Ultimate Marvel version like you did with Doctor Octopus and Electro) and make him a mercenary to the Latverians? Of course we haven't heard anything in the development of that since the issue before the "Ultimatum" storyline.
2. After Season Five, I suppose. If each season is 13 episodes.
3. Again, I do NOT have access to either Beetle or Doctor Doom, so I certainly haven't made any plans for them. And by the way, this comes VERY close to an idea posing as a question, so please reread the rules here at ASK GREG.
i was wondering about something. Why did you guys took off gargoyles? I was upset over the years cause its my favorite tv show and also movies?
Don't include me in the "you guys". It wasn't my choice. Disney stopped the syndicated version because they had a full 65 episodes, which is standard. They cancelled Goliath Chronicles because of poor ratings. For more details CHECK THE ARCHIVES!!!!
Do you know any website besides here that has Gargoyles OST or Fan Made Gargoyles Music? I really love the music. Trust me, I have been looking for Star Fox music as well. (Don't bother with Star Fox)
What was with the animation goofs that happened throughout Gargoyles? Did they seriously get by everyone until the episodes were aired? (I'm talking about the character design ones, to be specific.)
What exactly do you expect me to say here?
Sometimes things were off-model. Sometimes we had the time and money to fix it, other times we didn't.
Is Elisa's hair really blue?
No. It's black. See the archives for a more detailed explanation of why in cartoons and comics we use blue highlights for black hair.
Why did Demona explain her insidious plot to destroy humanity to the Manhattan clan before smashing the vial in "Hunter's Moon, Part 3"? It just seemed kinda ridiculous, considering she had been planning for apparently centuries, enduring everlasting hardship and pain, for her to be so careless, especially when she was outnumbered. I was just wondering if she had some other plan in mind that made foiling that plan necessary.
See the archives. Demona is a conflicted soul. Unconscious self-sabotage and self-justification are a huge part of her make-up.
I enjoy your work a lot, Greg. But, a few things have been bugging me about Spectacular Spiderman:
Why didn't anyone ask Peter why Spiderman supposedly makes time before fighting lethal supervillains to call a teenager to come take pictures of him like he said in "Identity Crisis"?
Did you ever feel the animation for Spectacular Spiderman was too simple and, for lack of a better term, goofy? I read that the animation style used was to make the fight scenes more fluid, which they were, don't get me wrong. Yet, a couple of moments in the fight scenes began to look very wacky. And, I mean the Donald Duck & Goofy in a boxing match kind of wacky.
They did. Pete said Spidey was a "gloryhound".
The animation is fantastic. I think you're referring to the design style, which is something entirely different, but nevertheless, to my mind, also fantastic. I think your Donald and Goofy comparison is pure hyperbole -- and yet NOT a bad thing per se.
1) Did Tinkerer escape after Spidey interrogated him in "Shear Strength"? (Since he appeared again in "Probable Cause", I'm guessing he did.)
2) Is there a voice modulator in the Green Goblin's mask? (Surely there must be, since it's hard to believe that Norman puts on the Goblin's voice himself).
3) Would you say that the Norman Osborn in The Spectacular Spiderman is more influenced by the Norman of the 60s comics or the post-"resurrection" Norman of the 90s comics?
4) Would you say that the Green Goblin in The Spectacular Spiderman is more influenced by the Green Goblin of the 60s comics or the post-"resurrection" Green Goblin of the 90s comics?
1. Asked and answered.
2. I believe so.
3. Some of each. But mostly the earlier stuff.
4. Mostly the earlier stuff.
Thank you for the best cartoon series made and the very first time I watched it was when I flew to go visit my cousin in Manhatan, New York and I was about eight years old. I still watch your show, at 1:00 at night. Do you think you can tell Disney to put it on earlier like around 8:00? And can also tell the too put back on the Mighty Ducks cartoon series? THANKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOU!
I'm afraid I have no influence over what or when they schedule anything.
I love this Spidey series, the animation, fight scenes, character and story development, and the theme song is just, well, Spectacular.
Can't wait for a Season 3 and 4, 5, hope it gets as many as possible, and I do have a couple of questions...
1. In the DVD things you have planned after this series is over are they gonna be more mature and maybe show an older peter ya' know him going to college and everything like that?
2. would you still need permission to use kingpin in the dvd's?
3. would you consider your venom more ultimate or amazing.
1. There's nothing "planned". There's just a bit of wishful thinking on my part. But yes, I'd like the series to cover the high school years. And then do DVDs of the college years.
3. It's a meld of many canon sources.