A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I love this Spidey series, the animation, fight scenes, character and story development, and the theme song is just, well, Spectacular.
Can't wait for a Season 3 and 4, 5, hope it gets as many as possible, and I do have a couple of questions...
1. In the DVD things you have planned after this series is over are they gonna be more mature and maybe show an older peter ya' know him going to college and everything like that?
2. would you still need permission to use kingpin in the dvd's?
3. would you consider your venom more ultimate or amazing.
1. There's nothing "planned". There's just a bit of wishful thinking on my part. But yes, I'd like the series to cover the high school years. And then do DVDs of the college years.
3. It's a meld of many canon sources.
Greg, how come in the Spectacular Spider-Man it doesent use realistic gunshot sounds? But, Batman: The Brave and The Bold it uses realistic gunshot sounds, other Batman cartoon shows.
Different networks have different rules, I guess.
forgot a few things...
1.) You said you couldnt think of anything u couldnt do beyond realistic gun shots, so can you say the word die, death, kill, killing, etc. (because the 90's series couldn't) and it seem you have been avoiding like electro saying i'll fry you for that freak, and Walter Hardy saying the night i ended ben parkers life.
2. Are you aloud to kill people, even if it is off screen.
3. Who is your favorite Goblin? (Green Goblin, Green Goblin II, Hobgoblin, Hobgoblin II, Demogoblin, I'll even count Mad Jack, etc.)
4. Who is your favorite symbiote?
5. In The Uncertainty Principle, was that a Man-Wolf cameo, and if it was, whos idea wass it.
6. In Destructiv Testing what did Calypso say to Kraven when he awoke in the car and said this change I...? All i got out of it wa "then I suit you love."
7. I love how these battle scenes are from the comics like Mysterio in the warehouse, Kraven in the park (when he trapped him in the webs in the trees), How he defeated Venom by tricking him, and others. Also love the other battle scenes, so my question is are you for making animated series and movies as close to the comic as possible?
this is all i can think of, hoping for a season 3, 4, 5, 6,....100, lol
1. "Kill" is still, I'm guessing, verboten. I didn't even try to use it though, because I'm so used to the answer being no. So, who knows?
2. Yes. And we did.
3. No comment.
4. No comment.
5. No comment.
6. Something like "The eyes suit you, my love."
7. When it makes sense for us.
back again, just want to rephrase some of my questions and ask a few more, hope its not to much...
1.) If you could use any one else in the marvel universe for his or her own show who would it be?
2.) Same as question 1 but DC?
3.) Have you ever read Amazing Spiderman To Die a Hero, when F. Fosswell dies? I just want to know what you think of it, I personally think it's one of the better comics from the Lee/Romita stories right next to Spiderman No More.
4.) Which issue was the Kraven mutation I've read a few Ultimate comics. I just ordered Issues 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. I already have 1,2 and 6.
1 & 2. The list is nearly endless for both Marvel and DC. I've been reading those comics since I was a kid. Not every character has as rich a history as Spidey, but even the ones with less canon... leave me free to develop them more.
3. Yes. I like it.
4. I don't remember off the top of my head, and I don't have my Ultimates with me at this moment. Besides, that's research you can do on your own.
As promised, here are the photos of myself, Ruben Procopio and the Goliath Sculpt. Note the model sheets everywhere.
May the drooling commence...
RubÃ©n = Ruben with an accent over the "e".
Electric Tiki, RubÃ©n Procopio, Goliath and Me...
I literally just got back to my office after a trip to RubÃ©n Procopio's studio in Burbank. Some of you, I'm sure, met RubÃ©n at this summer's Gathering. RubÃ©n is sculpting Goliath for Electric Tiki, and Tracy Mark Lee of Electric Tiki was at RubÃ©n's studio too.
RubÃ©n's Goliath sculpt -- in its final approval phase before baking, sanding, etc -- just kicks ass!!! Tracy and I had some extremely minor notes, but really, even if it went out exactly as is, I'd be thrilled!
I'm a big fan of the Randy Bowen Goliath that I've currently got sitting on my desk -- which is very much Randy's interpretation of the character. By contrast, what RubÃ©n has done is bring the television show's Goliath to life in 3D. It's totally on-model, and in fact RubÃ©n's workspace is surrounded by actual model sheets of the character from the series. Tracy tells me the sculpt will be available next summer, so if you're a fan of Goliath, Gargoyles or just great sculpts in general, start saving now! I've already reserved my copy!
I have some pictures of RubÃ©n and I with the in-progress sculpt, which I'll figure out how to post or link to or something soon. Stay tuned.
You stated that, when in response to Elisa and Goliath having kids, "Elisa could never be pregnant with Goliath's child without assistance from science or magic. I've already stated that I don't see them going that way."
I was wondering, what makes you think Elisa wouldn't want to use magic or science to carry Goliath's child?
Elisa seemed happy and esily adjusted to her as a gargoyle during "The Mirror". She even hinted this at the ending of the very episode, thus you can see my confusion.
I don't think that's what she was hinting.
Who's idea was to use the flashbacks with Uncle Ben and all that in "Intervention"? THAT EPISODE WAS PURE GENIUS!!!!!! I LOVED IT!!! BEST EPISODE EVER MADE!! That episode alone blows the whole Spider-Man: TAS right out of the water. Congratulations! I can't believe they didn't use that idea in Spider-Man 3 and in TAS.
Thanks. It was my idea.
Hello! I'm very sorry to have heard about the license for the comic expiring, but I'm gearing up for the TPBs which should be out shortly (assuming amazon.com's dates are accurate).
Since the license for the comics has a questionable future at best, I was curious as to how likely Disney would be about licensing Gargoyles for other purposes, namely rpgs & video games. I am huge pen & paper roleplaying game fan (or nerd, for short), and the Gargoyles universe would make a great setting. How likely would Disney be to go for something like that, assuming Disney even knows what an rpg is?
TPBs are in fact out. If you don't have 'em yet, order 'em now! (Please.)
I'm sure Disney's willing to license it. The question is anyone interested in paying the licensing fee.