A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Skimming through the archives, I saw the question asked: "... Both Fox and David Xanatos have been to prison.. does this mean that neither of them can vote?"
You had replied: "Honestly, I'd have to research that."
Curious, I used my powers Google-fu and found that the answer is...
"In New York, individuals who have been convicted of a felony cannot vote while incarcerated or on parole. Once an individual has completed his or her sentence, the right to vote is automatically restored, but it is up to the individual to re-register with their county board of elections. Individuals on probation retain the right to vote."
So I guess the real question becomes: Are either Xanatos or Fox on parole?
I realize by the time you see this it'll have been a few months since the original question, but I just thought I'd pass along what I learned. :)
As of January 4th, 1995, David began serving his probation.
As of September 6th, 1995, Fox was released on parole.
As of October 31st, 1997, David's probation ends.
I don't know when Fox's parole ends. I'd have to research that too.
At one point, L.A. D.D.A. Tuppence Macintyre told me the difference between parole and probation, but I can no longer remember exactly what those differences are (beyond what you wrote above) or why David was on probation and Fox was on parole.
I dont know if you seen this yet, you'll want to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMnUuoeCwI
Sorry. It was blocked when I tried to watch it.
For the 3rd season of SSM, in response to many questions about plans regarding existing characters, you have answered that you have big plans for the character in question. You have even written that you have plans for all your characters. I suspect that the last statement is hyperbole (though you certainly are economical with your characters). Should a 3rd season be a go, given that there are a limited number of minutes in the season and the introduction of new characters, there must be a reduction in screen time for existing characters. While I'll refrain from asking for spoilers by asking which characters would see such a reduction, I'll ask the more general question of: is there a point in which you feel a character has nothing more to add to the planned storylines and if so, when in the story planning process does it occur?
Well, it's all moot now regarding Spidey, but as a general rule, I rarely feel a character has lost all potential. We fit in as much as we can, which tends to be a lot. In the case of SpecSpidey, decisions as to who would have screen time or how much were made relative to the life of Pete.
This is something I've been pondering for a while. And since, considering the timeline, it will be a very long time before you get to this point, if ever, I hope you don't mind me asking about this.
We know that Alex eventually becomes Secretary General of the United Nations. He's the son of two of the most brilliant people on the planet. He's going to grow up fabulously wealthy. And he's got a lot of power, being Titania's grandson. Not to mention living with gargoyles, this isn't going to be a typical kid.
So, I am curious. What are Alex's teenage years going to be like? I mean, we have this highly intelligent kid, born into lots of money, and packing supernatural powers... is he going to go through a rebellious phase? Is he going to be an obedient son?
I think back to my own teen years (and yes, I got into plenty of trouble then), and I can't help but wonder about Alex's.
I know this is way down the line, but have you given it any thought?
I've given it a ton of thought, but I'm not sure what kind of answer you really expected in this forum.
Greg-Spetacular Spider-Man is a great show! I hope it has been renewed by the time you read this. Anyways my question is why did Pete try to destroy the symbiote by freezing it when it came from the vacuum of space? How could anything on Earth top the cold of space?
Thanks to you and all your staff and actors for the best Spider-Man adaption ever.
Very good point. I think at the very least he hoped to contain it.
im a big fan of the spectacular spiderman who is the man in the airport in the last episode of season 2 and why did you all show him
if the season 3 is aloud to be aired would it come out next year
AND PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ BEG THE TO ALLOW IT TO HAVE A SESON 3 PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ
Not up to me. Sorry.
And I think you know who the man in the airport is: Vic Cook!
Oh, you meant the OTHER man: Curt Connors.
Or were you talking about Mr. Roman?
Arthur Jr. writes...
* I got your response for the Sinister Syndicate question. While Boomerang, Hydro-Man, Leila Davis (who became the second Beetle), Rhino, Scorpia, and Speed Demon are Spider-Man's enemies, you might be right about the other three. Outside of Beetle first appearing to fight the Fantastic Four and later fighting Spider-Man when getting revenge on Human Torch, Blacklash is an Iron Man villain who Spider-Man helped fight in Marvel Team-Up #72 and #149. Constrictor first appeared in Incredible Hulk #212 and fought Spider-Man and Moon Knight alongside Ringmaster in Marvel Team-Up Vol. 3 #7. Just giving any side info there in case you gain some inspiration for one of the possible future seasons.
Wow.... I have just been out-geeked....
I am going to tell myself that he looked that up....
Hey, it out-geeked me too!
2) Is there a voice modulator in the Green Goblin's mask? (Surely there must be, since it's hard to believe that Norman puts on the Goblin's voice himself).
2. I believe so.
Now how come when I asked that same question, you wouldn't answer? :(
When did you ask? What had aired at that time?
Anyway, don't take it personally. This site is totally dependent on my whim, my mood, etc. Catch me on a good day, and I can be quite cooperative. On another day, not so much.
The whole 'Gargoyles don't have names' thing has been bothering me for a while.
1. If Demona had been given a chance to choose her own name (not an alias), what would she have chosen?
2.Would she have chosen one at all?
2. The Wyvern clan originally didn't have names. But the Gargoyles in other countries we meet later on all have names. Did they choose the names themselves? Or were they named by their biological parents? Or perhaps the clan as a whole named them?
1. I don't know how to respond to this hypothetical question. She was in essence given the choice of accepting or rejecting Demona, and chose to accept it.
2. Probably not.
3. Traditions differ in each clan. The Mayan gargoyles didn't have names so much as "offices" based on the pendants they were custodians of. The Ishimuran and London Clans had actual names. But biological parentage doesn't play a role in most gargoyle societies. The Avalon gargoyles were named by Princess Katharine, Tom and the Magus. But mostly by Katharine.
I'm almost positive this hasn't been asked. Atleast, not like this.
How old is Owen? Biologically, not chronologically.
I've never seen much point in pinning it down precisely, but he appears to be in his mid-thirties to me.