A Station Eight Fan Web Site
im a big fan of the spectacular spiderman who is the man in the airport in the last episode of season 2 and why did you all show him
if the season 3 is aloud to be aired would it come out next year
AND PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ BEG THE TO ALLOW IT TO HAVE A SESON 3 PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ
Not up to me. Sorry.
And I think you know who the man in the airport is: Vic Cook!
Oh, you meant the OTHER man: Curt Connors.
Or were you talking about Mr. Roman?
Arthur Jr. writes...
* I got your response for the Sinister Syndicate question. While Boomerang, Hydro-Man, Leila Davis (who became the second Beetle), Rhino, Scorpia, and Speed Demon are Spider-Man's enemies, you might be right about the other three. Outside of Beetle first appearing to fight the Fantastic Four and later fighting Spider-Man when getting revenge on Human Torch, Blacklash is an Iron Man villain who Spider-Man helped fight in Marvel Team-Up #72 and #149. Constrictor first appeared in Incredible Hulk #212 and fought Spider-Man and Moon Knight alongside Ringmaster in Marvel Team-Up Vol. 3 #7. Just giving any side info there in case you gain some inspiration for one of the possible future seasons.
Wow.... I have just been out-geeked....
I am going to tell myself that he looked that up....
Hey, it out-geeked me too!
2) Is there a voice modulator in the Green Goblin's mask? (Surely there must be, since it's hard to believe that Norman puts on the Goblin's voice himself).
2. I believe so.
Now how come when I asked that same question, you wouldn't answer? :(
When did you ask? What had aired at that time?
Anyway, don't take it personally. This site is totally dependent on my whim, my mood, etc. Catch me on a good day, and I can be quite cooperative. On another day, not so much.
The whole 'Gargoyles don't have names' thing has been bothering me for a while.
1. If Demona had been given a chance to choose her own name (not an alias), what would she have chosen?
2.Would she have chosen one at all?
2. The Wyvern clan originally didn't have names. But the Gargoyles in other countries we meet later on all have names. Did they choose the names themselves? Or were they named by their biological parents? Or perhaps the clan as a whole named them?
1. I don't know how to respond to this hypothetical question. She was in essence given the choice of accepting or rejecting Demona, and chose to accept it.
2. Probably not.
3. Traditions differ in each clan. The Mayan gargoyles didn't have names so much as "offices" based on the pendants they were custodians of. The Ishimuran and London Clans had actual names. But biological parentage doesn't play a role in most gargoyle societies. The Avalon gargoyles were named by Princess Katharine, Tom and the Magus. But mostly by Katharine.
I'm almost positive this hasn't been asked. Atleast, not like this.
How old is Owen? Biologically, not chronologically.
I've never seen much point in pinning it down precisely, but he appears to be in his mid-thirties to me.
Not really a question but something I thought of today... I absolutely love the fact that Doc Ock continues to refer to Spider-Man as "arachnid" and Shocker continually refers to him as "bug"...Obviously Doc Ock is a doctor and an extreme intellect and Shocker is portrayed as a little more of a "good ol' boy" type who wouldn't worry about such detail.... I thought of that today and thought "Hmm, that's a very interesting layer to the series" Kudos on the depth of this "kids" show!!
We tried our best to give each of Spidey's opponents his or her own voice, and not just give them generic villain dialogue. Thanks for noticing.
Will you EVER reveal what Titania whispered to Fox in The Gathering? Or is it completely a waste of time for anyone to ask you?
Pretty much a waste of time. I think this wound up being built up too big, and the answer (which I thought was kinda neat once upon a time) would come off as anti-climactic now. So I really have no incentive to reveal the truth.
Greg i want to know if you have been keep track of the gargoyles dvd sales to see if they are changing? not to mention are the people at disney even trying to release all of their classic shows?
I have no way of keeping track of DVD sales, but at this point, I doubt anyone is. The DVDs came out years ago.
As to Disney's plans, I'm not privy to them.
Mr. Weisman, I just read your response about the amalgamizing of characters. I have some other questions here:
1. Though the Ringmaster and his Circus of Crime is one of Spider-Man's enemies, they first appeared in "The Incredible Hulk" #3. I was wondering if that will prevent you from using Ringmaster and his Circus of Crime in any episode of "The Spectacular Spider-Man" in case you don't get the rights for the character.
2. I read on the archives that someone asked if Stan Lee will have more cameos in any proposed season of "The Spectacular Spider-Man." He's also voicing the Mayor of Super Hero City in "The Super Hero Squad Show" which is voice directed by Jamie Simone (who provided Akamaru's vocal effects in "Naruto"). In case you've seen the episodes that feature his characters, what do you think of Stan Lee's performance in that show?
3. If Courtney B. Vance reprises Roderick Kingsley in the proposed Season Three, will you use another voice actor to voice Hobgoblin like you did with Alan Rachins voicing Norman Osborn and Steven Blum voicing Green Goblin? I think something like that also occurred when you and Jamie Thomason casted Clancy Brown to voice Ox in "Survival of the Fittest" and later casted Danny Trejo as Ox in "Probable Cause." Do you have any comment on that?
1. All moot now.
2. I haven't seen it. But Stan is great.
3. All Clancy did for Ox was grunt a couple of times. He was NEVER the voice of Ox. As for Alan and Steve, we ALWAYS intended to have a separate actor for Goblin, so as not to let casting reveal his true identity. The rest of your question is obviously moot.
I finally got my Bad Guys paperback! With all my homework I don't have time to write a review yet, but I do want to ask you a question or two about the New Olympians, if you don't mind.
1. After the (New) Olympians founded New Olympus to escape human persecution, how long did gargoyles still survive in Greece?
a. Were gargoyles still alive in Greece in the time of Augustus Caesar and the Humility Spell? b. During Byzantine times? c. During Ottoman times?
2. How long did the halfling "monsters" of Classical myth (centaurs, minotaurs, snake-people, etc.) survive in Europe after New Olympus was founded?
a. Were any half-breed "monsters" still alive in Europe in the time of Augustus Caesar? b. During Byzantine times? c. During Ottoman times?
I don't have exact dates on this stuff, and I'm not ruling out possibilities at this stage.