A Station Eight Fan Web Site
After having seen James Cameron's film "Avatar", I feel quite confident in my belief that special effects have reached a level where a live-action adaptation of "Gargoyles" could become a reality. Obviously, there are no plans for a film since Disney has no intention of selling the rights or expanding upon the property. So, my question is hypothetical, which I apologize for...
If a film of "Gargoyles" was to be made and you were involved, who would you be interested in writing and directing it?
Writing it, for sure. I'm not qualified to direct it.
Is there a story about how Glasses became Dracon's leutenant? Since in real life the mafia is a fairly racist institution. Or is Dracon just more enlighten than average?
There is a story.
Hi Greg, this is not a question but a statement: I have been a gargoyles fan for many years and I think your work is one of the greatest animated legend in history.
We the fans will not stop until the remaining 26 episodes are released on DVD. Your ability to capture the attention of adults as well as kids are outstanding. By the way, I do have Season One and Two. Thanks
No, thank YOU!
I was wondering if you knew what it would take to purchase the rights, not just the license, of Gargoyles from Disney. I imagine quite a bit of money as well as other possible bargaining chips would be involved, aside from legal. In addition to this, if someone did buy the rights to Gargoyles, would you be willing to work with him or her?
I cannot think of a Disney related prescient where someone bought the rights to a Disney property but I can think of several non-Disney related cases.
It is also surprising to me (although only to the naive side that likes to believe Disney plays fair in business) that you have no true legal claim to the Gargoyles property.
All this comes down to is that possibly, someday when my income has reached that level (hopefully within the next decade[I may as well be a Vanderbilt]) I would consider, if someone else already has not, purchasing the rights. And if it is not I who manages it, I hope someone who is willing to work with you and your vision does buy the rights so that more stories can be told from your vision.
As I've said many times before, I doubt it's for sale. Not now. Not ever. If it were, I'm sure the price would be VERY high. I have no way of guessing at what that extremely hypothetical number would be.
But I'm willing to work with any professional on the property. I love it. But, no, I have no true legal claim to the property.
Hi. No questions this time, just had some quick comments:
1) I read your issue of ASM. Fun stuff. I liked the use of the framing device; it was a nice story to go along with the Morbius feature. I hope you write some more issues in the future.
2) I read on Wikipedia that Boomerang will appear in the 4th season of Spidey as a new member of the Enforcers. I'm not asking if it's true, I just thought you might find it funny.
3) If the show's renewed by the time you get this, congrats. If not, i'm pulling for ya.
1. Me too.
2. Well, that was certainly not based on anything I ever said. But it's all moot now.
3. Thanks, but...
*PLEASE READ* Just remembered I forgot to include my email address in my question I asked Thu, November 19, 2009, so in case you were interested but didn't want everybody knowing your email, you can email me here: email@example.com. Trust me, if you accept my offer you will be very happy.
Sorry, but I don't respond directly to people from this site. Policy.
Mullets are the ugliest haircuts available to this world. How is it that Demona pulls it off so well?
I don't think of her haircut as a mullet. I mean I'm looking at a picture of her right now, and I just don't see it as a mullet at all.
Hey Greg! I was just rewatching a couple of episodes of TSSM and a few more questions came to mind.
1. In Opening Night, why didn't they confiscate Spidey's webbing when they locked him in the Vault? If he was a real prisoner, they surely would have....
2. Also, I noticed that in the end of said episode, Hobie says "Goblin shall restore amends" instead of "Robin shall restore amends." Obviously this was intentional, but what was DEVERAUX's motivation for changing the line?
3. Had Nick Bottom not been cast before Flash got the part?
4. In Subtext, Hobie is seen at the rehearsal with MJ and Liz. Though I don't Midsummer's by heart, I assuming that meant that he already had a part (he at least had lines - he was cut off by Deveraux again). What was his original part and who replaced him when he became Puck?
1. True, but that wasn't the point of the exercise. You can't confiscate Rhino's skin. Or Sandman's sand. Some villains just HAVE their powers. So they wanted to see if they could hold a powered hero.
2. Devereaux had clearly modeled the costumes of Cobweb and Puck after Spider-Man and the Green Goblin. He thought that would give the play more resonance for his audience. It was one of the conceits of the production, so he made minor changes to the text to emphasize his choices.
3. No. Devereaux hadn't found anyone in the audition who seemed capable of it. My guess is he was considering "having no choice but to play the part myself"... until he saw Flash's, uh, performance and knew he had the perfect ass for the part.
4. Philostrate, and he still played both parts.
Hey Greg, The Gargoyles/Spectacular Spider-Man Crossover You Wrote For The Radio Play At The Gathering is Canon Right? Or it will be once Disney approves to make it right? i mean since Disney now bought marvel comics and that's what you intended for it?
As I've said many times before: NO. Not canon for either series. Just a bit of fun.
Hey Greg I'd Like To Ask are you coming to this years Anime Central In Chicago? i'd like to see you and ask you some stuff, for i thought about it and i've decided that i want to Be A Creator too! Is there a chance we can meet and sit down together and have a talk creator to creator and you can give me advice on creating and let me know what you did to become a creator and more? I hope you'll attend Anime Central if you will i'll look forward to seeing you there!
I wasn't invited.