A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: « First : Displaying #11 - #20 of 89 records. : 10 » : Last » :
Posts Per Page: 1 : 10 : 25 : 50 : All :
Young Justice, In the beginning of episode 5 when that bridge was collapsing and Bruce Wayne saw it. Instead of calling the police or the firemen or whatever he went strait for his Batman costume... that was just so funny to me, cause like, what can the Batman possibly do about a broken bridge?
its a good Superman showed up.
It is good that Superman showed up. Superboy too.
But I wouldn't underestimate the Batman.
Dear Mr. Greg "greatestanimatedshowrunnerofalltime" Weisman,
While of course Lex is a member of the Light, as well as other villains I'm sure many comic book readers are aware of, like the Brain, possibly, but while their inevitable reveal will be a shock to the characters and possibly the viewers, most of them, who presumably don't read comics and have little to no comic book knowledge will have no clue who these villains are, as they haven't appeared in the show yet. Revealing a shadowy villain to be a villain no one's seen before will feel cheap to most viewers.
All the best and keep up the good work!
Is this... advice?
Or an attempt to get confirmation of your theories? Or a subtle request for spoilers?
You have no idea what we have planned, but WHATEVER we have planned is done. No turning back now. And I'm not confirming or denying any of your suppositions, implicit or explicit, so:
"SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT." and/or "WE LIKE OUR SHOW."
Tell us more about this Earth 16.5...please?
Well, for starters: It's just Earth-16. Not sure where you got the ".5".
I can't tell from the comic, so... in the Gargoyles universe, did Finella actually have a son? Did Kenneth II actually kill Finella's son?
"SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
Hey Greg,Here are some questions that I hope you are allowed to answer.
1.Can you post on a blog the reason why you chose specific costumes for each character.
2.Is Aqualad's electric ell tatoo natural or Atlantean made.
3.How was Artemis able to be at school when Amazo was giving Superboy a beat down.
4.Is it because of your love for Black Canary that you made her the combat trainer instead of Wonder Woman or was there a specific reason.
4.Will we see Themyscira in Young justice.
5.How much liter's can Aqualad's water bearers hold.
6.Which is your favorite comic:DC or Marvel.
7.Will any issue of your comics for Young Justice focus on specific realations within the group.
8.If yes to number 7, which issue will focus on the Superboy and Miss Martian relationship.
Thanks for all your time making a great tv series like Young Justice.Side note hope Superboy and Miss Martian get together soon.
1. No. I'm not going to go down a laundry list of everyone. If you have a specific question about an individual character or two, I'll give it a shot. In the meantime, check out my partner Brandon Vietti's blog on the subject: http://brandonvietti.blogspot.com/2010/11/costumes.html
2. It's mystic, but he wasn't born with it.
3. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
4. I'm sure my preferences played in, but it just made sense to us. Canary was trained by past heroes. It made sense that she'd want to pass on the knowledge she's gained. Plus her experience lends itself to all power sets. I'm not sure Wonder Woman's does. (Btw, this came VERY close to getting a stock "WE LIKE OUR SHOW." response, but I elected to give you the benefit of the doubt.)
4 again. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
5. I'm personally not interested in being that specific.
6."ASKED AND ANSWERED."
7. Well, sure...
8. "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
Finally, a word about Ask Greg.
I've asked Gorebash to shut down the question asking function until either (a) I catch up with the huge backlog of questions currently in the queue or (b) we have a new episode airing (whichever comes FIRST).
In the meantime, I'm going to try as usual to wade through the backlog. I'll admit, the questions lately have made me a bit cranky, and I want to avoid that, so I'm breaking down three categories of questions that get on my nerves and will from now on ONLY receive stock answers, both to keep me sane and to speed up the process.
1. Questions that have been asked before are really bogging down the queue. It would be MUCH appreciated if folks would follow the guidelines before posting and try (1) checking the Ask Greg Archives to see if their question has already been answered, (2) check the unanswered questions already in the queue to see if the question has been asked already and will get answered before I get to theirs and (3) try asking the question in the Station 8 Comment Room (http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/comment/). The fans there are VERY knowledgeable and may be able to get you an answer LONG before I reach your question. Any question that falls into this category will simply be answered with the following: "ASKED AND ANSWERED."
2. Questions that ask me to SPOIL my own show are exasperating. As I've said over and over, I'm just NOT going to do that. Why would I? Even obvious stuff can't be addressed, because if I acknowledge anything, the stuff I don't comment on is spoiled by default. So please, please, please refrain. Any question that falls into this category will simply be answered: "SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT."
3. Finally, I have NO problem with people commenting on the series. And I get that not everyone is going to like everything (or even anything) that they see. But for some posters, commenting doesn't seem to satisfy. Instead, they phrase their comments in the form of a question, and in essence CHALLENGE me to acknowledge how right they are about their criticisms of the program. But here's the thing... you do NOT have to agree with me, but aside from a few objective mistakes that I'm ALWAYS willing to acknowledge (e.g.. the incorrect timestamps), you have to understand that if Brandon and I put something in the series, the odds are WE LIKE IT. YOU are NOT going to convince ME that, for example, "Hello, Megan!" or Robin's laugh or Superman's response to Superboy or Wally's flirting is bad for the show. Feel free to tell me you don't care for these (or other) things, but stop phrasing these COMMENTS as questions or challenges. It grates. Any question that falls into this category will simply be answered: "WE LIKE OUR SHOW."
Now, I realize that all of the above sounds fairly negative, but that's not the intent. In fact, the intent is to get any and all negativity out of the way HERE, so that the rest of Ask Greg becomes more manageable and pleasant for myself and all of you. I hope that makes sense.
Good news and bad news today...
Here's the good news.
Coming out of Cartoon Network's upfronts last week (and Geoff John's comments on it since) there's been some confusion about what's happening on the Young Justice front.
What amuses me a bit is how CONFIDENT some posters on various message boards are about their interpretation of the reports. CONFIDENT and generally wrong.
So here's what's going on:
Young Justice has aired nine episodes of our 26-episode first season. The rest will begin airing after some weeks of reruns. The schedule is Cartoon Network's, and I'm not yet 100% clear on when we're back up and running. Though to be fair to CN, we don't have ANY other episodes in the can as of this moment. We're posting episodes 10 and 11 now.
(I saw some folks protesting why we didn't wait until ALL episodes were in the can before we began airing. All I can do is shrug. It's not up to me, but I do wonder how the fans who were furious that they had to wait until January 2011 for Season One would feel about THAT strategy.)
So the good news: We HAVE INDEED been picked up for a second season. As of now, all CN & WB have ordered is a ten episode mini-series, "YOUNG JUSTICE: INVASION". We're HOPING for more than just ten eps, and I honestly think the odds are fairly good that the order will expand, but as of NOW, all we have is this ten episode order.
We immediately began work on this new season last week, and are breaking approximately (but not quite) one episode per day. The creative team is fundamentally the same as for Season One.
And though, of course, we will be introducing many new characters episodically in Season Two (just as we do episodically in Season One), I don't want to give the impression that this is some spin-off featuring, I dunno, the League or something, in the same Earth-16 setting. Invasion IS the second season of Young Justice and absolutely features our "Team". Episode 26 of Season One is time-stamped "December 31". Episode 1 of Season Two will be time-stamped "January 1", in essence picking up right where we left off.
We anticipate YJ:Invasion premiering in 2012... late first quarter, if I had to guess. Reports suggesting late 2011 are... beyond wishful thinking.
Hmmm... anything else? I feel like I'm forgetting something. But I can't think of any other misconceptions that need correcting right now.
Still - Season Two. Not too shabby, huh?
I should have posted this long ago...
I received a complimentary copy of Back Issue #46. Inside is an interview of me conducted by John Wells (who incidentally has -- through Peter David -- provided considerable DC Comics related research for us on Young Justice). It's all about the Black Canary mini-series that I wrote a good chunk of for DC Comics back in the 80s before it was cancelled and never published to make way for Mike Grell's Longbow Hunters.
But that's not the only article of interest in the magazine. In fact, one of the reasons I'm so late in referencing this here, is because I took the time to read the magazine cover to cover. Lots of great stuff. I heartily recommend it.
Apologies for all the typos in my preceding comment. I could have sworn I read it through more than once.
Don't sweat it.
Loving Young Justice... but why oh why is Superman acting like such a jerk with regards to Superboy? I can understand why he'd be uncomfortable meeting his clone, but still... seems way out of character. And him storming out of his meeting with Batman... who IS this guy?
Asked and answered ad nauseum. See the ASK GREG "Young Justice" archives.
: « First : Displaying #11 - #20 of 89 records. : 10 » : Last » :