A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hello Mr Weisman,
In the recent Young Justice episode Misplaced I was just curious as to why Red Tornado was not in both universes/worlds/realms. Since he is not a flesh and blood person like all the other heroes. And all the other objects and appliances seemed to be unaffected by Klarion's spell and inhabit both realms, for example Dr. Fate's helmet. So I guess my question is, why was Red Tornado in the world with all the people over 18 years of age and not in the universe with the individuals under the age of 18?
Are there any trains or airports in Happy Harbour?
I'm sure there are trains. I tend to doubt that there's more than a local airfield though.
Hi Greg, first off I want to say thanks to you and the talented team you work with for making YJ such a good show.
I have a couple questions pertaining to Robin that I hope you can answer.
1. As the show progresses and the characters get older, being the youngest on the team, can we expect Robin to go through any noticeable height changes or for his voice to get deeper? I would imagine he's getting hit by puberty a little bit harder than the others right now.
2. In the comics, Dick is known as something of a playboy with the ladies, or at very least a pretty boy. Will the YJ version have anything in common with the comics in that regard as the show goes on?
Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer these.
1. Guess that would depend on how long we're on the air, wouldn't you think? RIght now, we've only covered less than six months of his life.
2. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
I don't mind Superman avoiding Superboy and get why he feels violated. It's great seeing Superman face something his strength and charm can't deal with. The way it has been shown has resulted in Superman coming across as unfeeling though. Even more so when other members of the League have accepted the boy. If being one sided was to generate debate, then you got what you desired. It has caused a lot of debate and Superman sure gets a lot of heat for it. We get to see Batman's perspective on stuff, might have helped see one little scene with Superman even expressing to someone he feels close to and has to keep no secrets from (I am guessing Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter would fit that role best)why he can't offer the boy what he needs. Unless there is something else going on ...I get it but wondering if the payoff would be worth it? ie It has dragged on so long it would lose the emotional resonance? The long breaks has not helped, I guess. But many people who are rooting for Superboy want to see that resolved and in a way I almost feel like if I were Conner when Superman comes I would feel so angry I would not want to listen to what he has to say. Does that make sense?
Where has Wonder Woman been in all this? Is she an Ambassador or does she have the secret ID?
1. If it makes sense to you, who am I to disagree. Otherwise, all I can say is wait and see. This will OBVIOUSLY be addressed in both the television series and the comic book.
2. In all what?
2a. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Barbara Gordon aka "Babs" questions ( The last question is NOT a YJ question because I want to joke around.)
1. In YJ how long has Barbara lived in Gotham City or was she born in Gotham?
2. In YJ for the record, was Barbara born with blue eyes or was she wearing blue contact lenses and that she was born with green eyes?
3. In YJ, when did Barbara start wearing earrings?
4. Would you say that Barbara Gordon is "the Kim Possible of DC Comics"?, even though Christy Carlson Romano has never voiced her. I'm going to be very very honest with you Greg, if it wasn't for "KP", "Babs" here would never have been one of my most favourite DC heroines in the first place!
1. Born there.
2. I don't know.
3. I don't know.
4. Uh... I have no response to this.
I've been looking forward to new episodes for months and loved Misplaced this morning. It's amazing how you make some episodes feel like mini-movies. Fitting both a compact story AND characterization for so many characters on screen is no easy task, but you guys pull it off wonderfully.
I wanted to ask you if were able to fill in the blanks for some characters who did not have credited voice actors?
1x09 - Bereft
- Scientist #1 (moustache and glasses)
- Scientist #2 (beard and glasses)
1x11 - Terrors
- Belle Reve Guard Hart
- Belle Reve Guard Cooper
1x13 - Alpha Male
- Hunter (who hunts with Mayor Hill)
1x17 - Disorder
- Norman's Mother
1x18 - Secrets
- Museum Curator
- Commissioner Gordon (I think it was him who spoke to the adult crowd)
These might be too minor to have a credited actor
- Girl on street who lost her mom who was sitting on the stairs
- Man in car who lost his son
- Man who yelled at man above
- Kid who said Artemis sang the wrong song
Thanks again for your help on these and for such an awesome show. Not since Avatar The Last Airbender have I looked forward to a new episode in a series as much as I do for YJ. I also hope the quality in animation never changes. To me, the overall quality (esp. character shadings) was better than the recent Justice League Doom, which used the same designs by Phil Bourassa.
According to my my notes - which were accurate per the day of the recording, but may not reflect with perfect accuracy the final product - here's what I've got:
Scientist #1 - Nolan North
Scientist #2 - Marina Sirtis (Looks like we changed this to a guy.)
Guards in the script were NOT identified by name.
Prison Guard #1 was James Remar. (I think his lines got divided up among a number of different guards.)
Prison Matron #1 was Masasa Moyo.
Hunter #1 - Nolan North.
Hunter #2 - Bruce Greenwood
Thug #1 (Norman) - Nolan North.
Old Woman (Norman's Mother) - Grey Delisle.
Museum Curator - Crispin Freeman.
Okay, clearly here, you were just impatient and not prepared to wait to see who played Gordon and Amber. Both names appeared in the credits, which were eventually reposted here. So I'm not going to reward your impatience by reposting those answers here.
Kid #1 - Dee Bradley Baker
Kid #2 - Lacey Chabert
Mother - Masasa Moyo
Father - Khary Payton
Driver - Kevin Michael Richardson
The children in the gym aren't identified separately in my notes.
In "Misplaced," Robin initally starts to say Watchtower, but awkwardly changes mid-word, seemingly because Zatanna is present. Was he deliberately keeping it from Zatanna, or am I just seeing things?
Yes, he was.
Mr. Weisman, after the events depicted in "Misplaced," who's Zatanna's legal guardian? For that matter, although I suppose "John Jones" is the guardian for "Megan Morse," who's the technical legal guardian for "Conner Kent."
1. I'm thinking Bruce Wayne. But don't hold me to that.
2. John Smith.
Mr. Weisman, in reading some of your answers here, I've gathered that, on Earth-16, Martians call their planet "M'arzz." However, I've long since understood it to be that the Martians call it "Ma'aleca'andra," in an obvious homage to the classic sci-fi novel Out of the Silent Planet by Clive Staples Lewis, were they called it Malacandra (http://www.martianmanhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Ma'aleca'andra). Did you go your own way deliberately, or were you unaware that this had been established (I'll admit that I don't know when).
I was unaware. Maybe M'arzz is short for Ma'aleca'andra, or it's an alternate name, or one is more current: like Earth = Gaea = Terra.
(All things are true. Few things are accurate.)
This is one I've wondered for a while now. That banshee like shriek of battle cry that Demona screams... usually when making her escape, here it is on youtube:
Is that Marina? Or a sound effect. I've wondered for a long time now. Either way, I always thought it sounded really cool.
I'm pretty sure it's a sound effect, but it's been a long time, you know?