A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Is it bad that I think that Miss Martian's true form is actually adorable? Creepy, but adorable. (Yeah, I didn't quite get that either. XD )
Hey, whatever works for you.
Your (the creative team's) choices for voice actors and the direction each actor took has been a vital part of establishing that this show is an entity of its own; its identity is separate from anything prior. It irks me how people get bent out of shape about the voice actors.
1. Seriously though, how does it make you feel when fans second guess you?
2. The design for the Watchtower was original and very cool. Whose idea was it to have it embedded into an asteroid?
3. Not asking if he will, but I'd love it if Superboy gets his tactile telekinesis powers from the comics, I feel its underused. And how did Conner feel when he was told he's part human? It was a bit difficult to tell
4. What's your opinion on child sidekicks for villains?
5. What's Wolf and the Super-Cycle's relationship like if they have one?
Thanks for your time
1. It's not fun, I guess, but it comes with the territory. As long as people aren't rude about it, I can deal.
3. No. No tactile telekinesis on Earth-16.
3a. I'll leave that to each viewer's interpretation.
4. I'm all for them (as a storyteller). In real life, I think I'd be against them. ;)
5. They're comfortable around each other.
Maggie Q as Wonder Woman was awesome. It was the first time seeing her speak but I got the sense of a strong woman who can command attention and calls it as she sees it but who has a compassionate side especially in her dealings with Superman and the whole issue with Conner. Are they together? It feels like they have something going on there deeper than just colleagues. I could be misreading the glances and body language. And to be honest, they feel a natural fit. I know you said you will not focus much on the adults on the show but would have been awesome to see her speak to Superman about the boy. It would have been a good contrast to see something else than Batman trying to make Superman do something he was not ready for. Will we see any behind the scene stuff in the comics, seeing you do show Batman and his relationships. Anyway hope one day Superman and Conner can at least have some meaningful dialogue/interaction.
I'm not going to reveal who's with who here. But given enough episodes and/or issues, we'll get to everything eventually.
I have a few questions about the transport system
1.If Martian Manhunter was brought to Earth by the league's first transport test,how was he present at the fight they teamed up on BEFORE the league was formed?
2.since they use zeta-beams does that mean they know about the planet Rann?
3.If Roy refuses to be part of the team why is his designation B instead of A?
4.now that Zatanna has technically joined the team does it change her designation code?
5.in 119 was Billy not able to use the teleporter because he had'nt told the league who he really was and the designation was for Captian Marvel NOT Billy Batson?
1. I never said it was the LEAGUE'S first transport test. It wasn't. It was a Zeta-Beam accident that took place during an experiment conducted by Dr. Erdel (the namesake of the Erdel Initiative where Adam Strange and Eduardo Dorado, Sr. work). This was in 1955, i.e. almost half a century before the founding of the Justice League in 2003.
2. By now, you know the answer to that question.
3. Wishful thinking.
4. Yes. In fact, her designation has changed twice: once after she joined the Team and then again when she joined the League.
Male and female shapes are only vaguely similar to M'Gann's white martian form, so why are girl bodies easier for M'Gann to accurately mimic with her shapesifting?
She's studied human female anatomy and not male. Also, Martian genitals are different for the two genders even if they're not immediately visible in public.
Hi again Greg!
I thought up a few questions this time!
Regarding Dr. Amanda Spence
Was she ever under a control of a Genome? I ask cause she didn't have a genome on her shoulder in the first ep.
Does she have or had any maternal instincts towards Project Match and Project Kr? ~shrugs~ Just cause I think it might be interesting.
How long has she been working for Cadmus? For Luthor?
Does Dubbliex trust her?
Thanks for your time and all the best to you and your crew!!!
1. Ever? Maybe. But not regularly.
2. Not that I've noticed.
3. The answer to both questions is the same. But I haven't nailed that down.
4. More or less.
Thanks for trying to keep your askgreg site spoiler free. Especially after what happened with the Turkey leaks. I myself am a little disappointed at the fandom. But I guess that's what happens when we get a great show that keeps getting put in random long hiatuses. No not blaming you. Your higher ups or network. Whoever is in charge of that. Seriously.
I don't really have a question. I just wanted to say to you and your crew thanks for making such a great show! I love so many things about it that I just can't list it all her!!!
Looking forward to see where it all goes in the end.
All the best!
It's been quite a while since I've written, so here we go.
This may be moot (but hopefully not), but you mentioned you the spinoff comics mini-series you planned to do were Bad Guys then Pendragon then TimeDancer. I had some questions about the potential format for TimeDancer. These are mostly questions about the format of the book (not looking for big plot spoilers):
1) Would TimeDancer have been six issues or more or less?
2) Would the TimeDancer mini-series have picked up were we left Brooklyn in 997 Scotland in #12?
3) Would the TimeDancer mini-series have focused on one or two larger events (meeting Katana or Gnash's birth, etc) or would it have been several smaller events?
4) Again, possibly moot (but hopefully not), after Pendragon and TimeDancer, what would have been next (2198, Dark Ages or New Olympians?)
5) Is there any remote or slight update from Disney or SLG about the potential of more Gargoyles comics?
1 - 4. lt's all hypothetical now, since we no longer have the license. If and when I get another opportunity, every parameter could be different.
5. I'm afraid not.
Batman and Wonder Woman are then Friends(but not dateing)?
They are friends. Beyond that I'm not saying one way or the other.
I'm just curious, is the fact that both seasons of Young Justice start on a holiday due to pure coincidence, or is it a pattern that you wanted to make?
Also, and I'm not sure if this is a spoiler so I apologize if it is, since Young Justice: Invasion takes place in the year after season 1, will the timestamps have a way to differentiate between years, or should the audience just be able to assume that the next season takes place in the next year? It's a weird question, but I've been wondering this for a while. xD
2. By now, you've seen it. Our feeling was that Season One told a story between July 4th and December 31st, while Season Two told a story that took place between January 1st and July 4th. So there wasn't likely to be any confusion after the first "FIVE YEARS LATER" chyron. It gets slightly more complicated in the Young Justice: Invasion comic books, because we'll be constantly bouncing back and forth between Season One, Season Two and within the timeskip. So starting with issue #20, the timestamp gets an additional piece of information to disclose the year.