A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hey, wussup? It's that really anoying punk again. So Lara Croft once appeared in a music video for some english band, think Angela could be in one of my band's music videos? Or does her contract with Disney rule that kinda stuff out? That'd be sweet if she could....i should call her...dammit!too bad i don't have her number
Uh, ask her Uncle Walt for his blessing and see how far you get. Maybe if you have her home by ten?
Hey man, I'm back. Dude, so let's say I asked Angela out on a date, and she said yes...
1) What kind of flowers should I bring her? Or would she prefer something more original like...a basket of nectorines or something?
2) what's her favorite color? That's always good to know about a woman.
3) Does she like punk rock? Hey it could be very likely! I mean, after all she did come to New York! I'm sure she's determined to get 'cultured' in her new world, so what style of music do you think she likes? Hey, there's an idea, I could write her a song...that's more personal then flowers. Heh heh, that gargoyle is so cool. When we go out, I'll even whip out my flashy Cheetah Bondage pants for her...I only wear them on very special occasions don't ya know.
You probably think i'm a psycho, huh? Yeah I know, it's a hard truth. I seriously painted her on a wall in my room though. It's pretty sweet! But ya know what Greg, now you have my pathetic posts and questions to look forward too every time you come on to reply! Besides, I've been through the archives, and as you know, there are people here who have way more issues then I do! Later Dude!
1. I'm not big on hypotheticals. I like nectarines though.
2. I'm color blind. Maybe green, like her BOYFRIEND, Broadway.
3. I think most of Punk Rock would initially be a wall of sound that she couldn't relate to. However, it's certainly possible that if one really good song got through, it might give her the patience to relate to the rest of the genre.
i thought i'd share a interesting story:
i know alot of people write in here and in other sites, etc. about how Angela should have ended up with Brooklyn and not Broadway. Greg, you are so right in your reasons why Broadway and Angela ended up together and i'm happy to say that i knew they would, but the funny thing is why i believed that they'd end up together. when Angela first joined the cast i figured that she'd end up with one of the trio (although i did think there was something between her and Gabriel, but thats another story). of course, i wanted to know which one she would end up with so i began to think about these four characters. my analysis, correct, but flawed, was that Lex was too small in stature, Brook had a beak, so kissing was very hard to do, so it had to be Broadway. until i started posting here i didn't know that kissing wasn't a garg custom, afterall, Coldstone and Coldfire kissed in cyberspace, Elisa kissed Goliath, and Angela kissed all three of the trio on the cheek and later Broadway on the mouth. i thought, how can Brook kiss Angela with that beak! i know its stupid and i really should have learned that there were other factors but i guess i couldn't get past garg appearences, i'm such a human...
Yes, such a human. Angela's choice (if you want to call it that) had little to do with beaks or height or weight. It was the garg inside.
after Angela learned Goliath was her father but before she learned Demona was her mother, who did she think her mother was? a gargoyle destroyed in the massacre? did she ever ask Goliath about his mate? she must have been equally curious about her mom.
also do Katherine, Tom, Gabriel and the rest of the Avalon clan (or some of them) know about Angela's parentage of Goliath and Demona?
1. I'm not sure she was focused enough to give it any thought. She was thinking about Goliath-as-Dad-present-here-and-now, not some vague "mom".
2. Probably, if she gave it any real thought.
3. No. She was still trying to get him to acknowledge the significance of his biological paternity.
4. I don't know if they gave it specific thought. Neither Tom or Katharine or the Magus spent much time with the gargs pre-massacre. There's no way they could be sure. Angela's coloring might be a clue.
5. Do they know now? Probably. Angela probably told them.
More of a comment than a question:
I think I know why everyone thinks that you were hinting at Angela-Brooklyn rather than Angela-Broadway.
Brooklyn, as you've noticed, is a popular character. He's my personal favorite. People recognize him as the member of the trio most oriented toward romance. He has the instances of Maggie and maybe even Demona (TEMPTATION), while Broad and Lex don't have any. Some viewers even consider him the "leader" of the trio, (I'd myself never thought the trio had a "leader" to itself, but some people have...) and traditionally, the leader gets the girl. You also have several instances where Brooklyn patrols with Angela and no other members of the trio, which could be interpreted as further indication that since they are literally "together" (as in in the same place) they are figuratively "together" (as in a couple.)
*Shrugs* Just my take.
Well, Brook is CLEARLY the leader of the Trio. Particularly after Goliath makes him second in command of the clan.
Demona in Temptation is pushing it. (Sorry, Christine.) But there are two indications of Brook falling hard for a dame: Maggie and Angela. Both crushes, based on nothing else but physical appearance and apparent availability.
And I don't think we put Angela with Brooklyn anymore often than we put her with the other two. People saw what they want to see.
But at any rate, I'm not surprised people saw it going that way. Like I've said, it's the obvious choice. We just didn't feel it was the right choice. The characters told us different.
Why is Angela so DAMN sexy? Oh I love her SO much! Dude, do you think she'd go for a blonde-haired punk? I mean, her own dad even went for a human, so maybe there's hope for me yet. Hmm...I bet you're gonna give me a smart-ass remark like "she's taken" or something cuz "gargoyles mate for life" BUT Demona proved that it is not true! Go me! Long live the beautiful Angela!
Hey, good luck, man. More power to you.
Angela is genetically Thailog's daughter too, correct. now, i realize these are wierd circumstances but wouldn't he feel some sort of kinship to her or at least have feigned it to avoid a conflict with Demona? I just don't understand why he wanted to kill her so badly or at least why her death should come before the others. demona said that, "She belongs to me!" why didn't Thailog just let Demona keep Angela chained up, it would have saved him alot of trouble, really.
I agree with your last statement.
But I don't think Thailog views Angela as a daughter at all.
And keep in mind that from Thailog's point of view, Demona had weeks to turn the girl and failed. Now he wanted to test Demona. And maybe he was more than ready to replace her with Delilah.
by the time of "The Journey" does Demona know about Broadway and Angela being a couple? if not, when does she find out?
1)Just out of plain curiosity, why did Angela have the get "involved" with any one of trio? Did you ever consider just having her go with nobody? She just seemed to me as somone who was more interested in having family relationships with her parents versus a romantic one.
2)This may answer my first question, but in regards to having Angela go with Broadway, did you do it to set a good example for children? I mean,Broadway didn't exactly have the charm of a knight in shinning armor,and he was also fat which would have taught kids that "looks are not important,it's what's inside" So again,it makes sence and I was just wondering if that's why you decided to do it.Thank You!
1. She didn't "have to" (I assumed you meant "have to" and not "have the"). But she seemed to me to be a young blossoming woman-garg, who might eventually be interested in both familial and romantic ties.
2. I wasn't unaware of potential lessons, I guess. But the answer is no. We did it because it seemed right. Gary Sperling and I sat down while working on "Turf". I felt that it was important that Turf not reveal a choice for Angela, but rather her independence. But I also felt it was important for us to know who (if anyone) she was going to wind up with. Brooklyn was in many ways an obvious choice, but as we discussed it, it soon became clear that they were a bad match. That she was just another pretty face for Brooklyn to get a crush on. But that Broadway, the sensitive, intuitive soul, would appeal to something deep inside her. And she to him, as well.
Silly hypothetical question.
What do you suppose Broadway and Angela were thinking when Othello suggested that he and Desdemona keep possession of their (Broadways and Angela's) bodies? Assuming they could hear them the way Brooklyn could Iago.
They were probably SCREAMING!!
What would you think?