A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Not really a question but something I thought you'd enjoy listening to given your love for Shakespeare. Jason Spisak reading a scene from Romeo and Juliet in his Wally West voice.
What did you think?
BTW on his 18th birthday did Wally West win the lottery on Earth 16 like he did in the comics?
1. I'd heard this. It's fantastic.
If you had to choose, in your opinion, who do you think is the most iconic character of the original Young Justice team in season 1?
I guess it would be either Robin or Superboy. Artemis was pretty obscure. Miss Martian almost as. Aquaman was a new iteration. As for Kid Flash, well... he's just not quite as prominent as the other two.
Since Wally and Artemis live together in season 2, do they share a room and bed, share a room and have individual beds, or have their own rooms and beds?
I'm torn between saying: "SPOILER REQUEST, NO COMMENT" or "I'LL LEAVE THAT TO YOUR IMAGINATION."
Who provided Hal Jordan's voice for his brief lines in "Agendas"?
I don't remember. I'd need to look at the hard copy of my script for that episode, and it's at my Beverly Hills office. I'm currently at my Disney office. Sorry.
Hey Greg, congratulations on an excellent two seasons. Hopefully there's more to come. Here are a few questions I've been pondering:
1) Can Black Manta breathe underwater without his armor and helmet? Is he Atlantean?
2) During season one it seemed Artemis relied heavily on her bow even though she was good hand to hand; in season two it seems she is extremely adept hand to hand. Does most of her skills as Tigress come from training with her father? Or training with Black Canary? Or both? Maybe she was training during her time retired? I guess what I'm really asking is if she always this skilled at fighting even in season one and we just didn't really see it?
3) Will we ever find out what happened to poor disgraced Ocean Master/Aquaman's child/Tula? Is there a connection?
Thanks for the time!
2. Her father's training acts as her base, but back in the day when he was training her, her size made his hand-to-hand training less effective. Canary's training enhanced Crusher's and leaned more toward what she could do in hand-to-hand DESPITE her size. I think she was a skilled fighter when we met her. I think in Season Two, she's MORE skilled.
3. Ever? I hope so.
3a. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
1. When Black Lightning generates electricity why is it that the lightning is sometimes black when other times it is blue?
2. Does Sportsmaster have superhuman attributes or is he just incredibly fit for someone his age?
3. How many Lords/Ladies of Order and Chaos are there on Earth 16?
4. What are the different functions of Robin's circular Birdarangs and the ones that are similar in appearance to Batarangs?
5. Do Black Manta's missile launchers have different functions when they are on different shoulders?
1. It's blue-black in color - with a yellow rimlight - so it depends on the ambient lighting of the scene.
2. The latter.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. They have much in common, actually. But obviously batarangs are larger and have more mass, so are capable of a greater impact. In addition, some birdarangs have explosive and other capabilities.
5. Um... I'm gonna say no. For now, at least.
Not much of a question but a comment.
I find some of your responses to be highly condescending, being called "Ask Greg" leaves yourself open to a multitude of questions being answered - yes people should be very aware of your rules and they should be respected, but I believe the questions that get through your moderators and you feel you can't answer adequately should just be ignored rather than given a snarky remark.
I respect your work and the shows you make have brought many people joy, but sarcastic comments like "aren't you glad you asked" following you belittling someones curiosity is rude. Some of these questions are being asked by young children and while I do believe that your time is valuable, I think you're wasting more of it by being, for a lack of a better word, a "jerk".
Again your rules are clearly stated and should be adhered to, but be the bigger person and be cordial - some don't believe that they're "breaking the rules/guidelines" (some may, but putting intent behind action that you understand is immature) so I believe that each person deserves some of the comments you give, maybe you're being frank, but frankly I read it as being annoyed and insensitive.
tl;dr - You deserve respect, but so do the readers/fans of "Ask Greg". Great shows and great work.
Mark, you have a VERY good point. And I will strive to be more patient.
But, dude, it's REALLY hard sometimes. REALLY hard.
For example, I had a knee-jerk negative reaction to your comment, because it still smacks of entitlement to me. That somehow just because they post something here, fans have a right to my patience. As opposed to the reverse notion, which is no one MADE them post here, and posting opens THEM up to whatever response they get.
But I made an effort to step back, and I do see that you're basically right.
So I'll try to do better. The negativity and snark may sneak out sometimes, but I will make an effort. And the occasional reminder to keep me honest is a good thing.
(Of course, the fact that I know CERTAIN fans LIKE my snarky responses doesn't help. Still, I shouldn't be playing to THAT audience, I know.)
Has La'gaan had any other girlfriends, or was M'gann his first one?
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Would an inhibitor collar work on Superman and/or Icon.
Potentially, if the correct settings could be found.
As shown throughout season 2 , Black Beetle is shown to be far stronger than all members of the Team , and some from the Justice League. How would he fair against someone of superman's calibre.
Well enough, I'd think, as strength is only one of his attributes.
RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, BOOK TWO COUNTDOWN, Chapter Thirty-Four:
And here's another of my shameless attempts to maintain buzz about my new novel, RAIN OF THE GHOSTS, due out in stores and on-line on December 3rd, 2013 (but available for pre-order NOW on Amazon, etc.):
Since there's not too much to report about the first book right now, I'm counting down my progress writing the SECOND book in the Rain series, which should come out sometime in 2014.
Today, I finished writing Chapter Thirty-Four. Starting with this chapter, pretty much EVERY chapter is a bit daunting. I'm not quite sure if I'm in the home stretch, but at this point, every chapter is telling crucial story, bringing threads together... and it's anyone's guess whether I'll wind up weaving something special with these threads - or strangling on 'em.
Tonight, I'll start on Chapter Thirty-Five.
Can Superman fly faster than Flash or KId Flash could run.
Kid Flash, maybe. Flash, no.
When did Jade and Roy get married , and how long ago did they break-up
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
Hey Greg. Adore your shows to an insane degrees! Got questions regarding my man Superboy
1. Since he doesn't age physically but internally, mentally is superboy still 16 as originally programmed or does he consider himself 22?
2. Since wondergirl was introduced late, and it would be kind of creepy for him to date her like in the comic books, what's their relationship like?3. Did superman finding out about connors other father, Lex, present a setback to their growing relationship? Or make it even more awkward?
4. Do the gloves have enhancing qualities( tech, comunication output, forged from something harder than kryptonian skin) or just look cool?
Much thanks. Pretty sure a good chunk of these fall under spoilers but thanks for just presenting the opportunity to ask. If Invasion is our last hurrah than can't wait for the next universe you take us to. Thankyou
1. I don't think he's very clear in his own head how old he is or is supposed to be. He thinks of himself as six, most of the time, because, well, he is. But he also thinks of himself as an adult. And he thinks of himself, still, as not fully... "realized".
2. What you see is what you get - at least until we have the chance to make more.
3. I think it was a momentary speedbump, but I also think that once Clark made the decision to be Conner's brother, it was fairly smooth sailing.
4. Probably just the latter.
Next universe seems to be STAR WARS REBELS. But Invasion's not YJ's last hurrah. Check out Young Justice Legacy this November.
I'd just like to say that my favorite "running-gag" (as it wer) of Young Justice is the fake-killing of Artemis every few episodes. I look forward to it, actually.
Most of the time if I didn't know logically in my mind that it wouldn't be allowed by the censors, I'd hope it was for real this time.
The reason I love seeing her die so much is because I REALLY hate this charactor, but I can't put my finger on why.
It has nothing to do with the way you write her. In fact, I think her lines are usually the best in the episodes she's in. Her back story is one of the most interesting. She can hold her own in a fight with no powers, which is what I usually love in a hero.
I used to think the only reason I hate her is because her being with Wally seems to threghten the existance of Wally's twins and her and Icicle, Jr.'s baby.
But I don't think that's why, exactly.
Do you ever just love to hate something for no reason?
After months of protesting, writing letters, sending e-mails, and even attempted phone calls, I don't think there is anything else I can do to save Young Justice. I just have one question; was this the plan from the beginning, or did something happen that is forcing this show to be cancelled?
I highly doubt that this question will actually be addressed, as the one and only constant that I've experienced after pledging 20+ years of my life being a devoted fan, is that my loyalty is never rewarded. The day the plug is actually pulled, and no more production is made to this show, is the day I officially hang up the boots, and just stop supporting this company.
We didn't plan to cancel the series, of course. But we were prepared at the end of each season for it to be the last.
And, I'm not sure which company you're referring to, but I wouldn't hang those boots up just yet. BEWARE THE BATMAN is very cool. You should check it out. (And that's just one example.)
"Summit" was one of my favorite episodes of the series, but one thing I could not understand was how Beast Boy was able to make jokes about the plan and how little anger against Nightwing, Kaldur, and Artemis there was. How was the Team capable of so easily overlooking:
1. That Nightwing, Artemis, and Kaldur let them believe that a friend of theirs was dead.
2. That Kaldur destroyed what for some was their only home.
3. That Kaldur and Artemis kidnapped and allowed the Reach to torture three members(all of them children)?
1. You saw a sample of their attitude when Lagoon Boy was told.
2. Big picture, please.
Look, I'm not saying there aren't issues. But everything is relative when fighting a WAR. With more episodes and/or comics, we would have had more space to deal with the fallout. But ultimately, the Team was more glad that Artemis was alive than they were angry about being fooled. Perspective.
I'm a really big fan of the show. Great work.
I was wondering if Casey from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could take on Sportsmaster in a fight.
Depends which version of each.
1. Why did you choose to make black canary such a large part of the show? She tends to be overlooked, so I am just wondering what made her stand out to you.
2. My other question is about the YJ Riddler. Why were his teeth so gapped? I found it very refreshing to see old Ed as someone other than a sad old man. Cutos!
3. Finally, the matter of Jason Todd. A bit of an elephant constantly in the room. I umderstand that his story is a dark, sad, tedious one, but I also feel that it is really essntial to understanding the Batfam. Why did you decide not even to acknowledge him? The world will never know about Jason Todd's sacrifice. heh. geddit?
The show is flawless, though. Just sayin.
1. She's been a favorite of mine for a LONG time.
2. You'd have to ask Phil Bourassa.
3. We did acknowledge him. If we hadn't, you wouldn't have seen his hologram.
Wow! I loved the fight with M'gann as Deathstroke.
I was wondering what kind of training did she have to do to be able to fight like him?
I realize that she probably doesn't fight EXACTLY like him, but she sure made it look like it!
We'll be waiting for season 3 ;)
She's trained with Canary.
Just got done watching Summit and it was a great episode overall! My friends are a bit confused by one thing though, and it's mostly Black Manta's dialogue. You know with him talking about being a 'free man' to Kaldur.
What exactly is Black Manta's motivation in this series for being a villain?
Greg GXB Bishansky points out the following:
"Well, look what's now even more widely available. I like to think this is because it's selling well on the internet.
Best case scenario, Disney notices and decides to exploit the property even more with a direct-to-dvd movie."
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!!
Greg summit was epic it had everything you want form a show.
Hello Greg, Sorry if this question has been asked before. During Aqualad's invasion of the cave, Artemis put an inhibitor collar on Wolf. Why wouldn't Wolf have recognized Artemis by smell?
He did. That's why he didn't resist her. Wolf trusts Artemis.
In Summit, was Artemis's cover being blown an expected part of the plan?
If not, how did they initially expect Aqualad to fake his death?
Or were their fake deaths something they just came up with along the way?
1. It wasn't expected, per se, but it was a contingency they were prepared for.
3. See above.