A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Besides Sampson, Gwenyvere, Artus, Nashville, Taichi, and Katana, would there be any new members to the New York clan in your Gargoyles spin off, Gargoyles 2158?
First off, some time ago, I abandoned 2158 in favor of 2198. For more info, check the archives.
Second of all, you're mixing up multiple eras. Katana and Nashville join the clan around 1997. Tachi hatches in '98. Artus hatches in 2018. Gwenyvere in 2038. Samson doesn't hatch until 2158.
Yes, there are others who join the clan, but I'm not going to discuss them at this time.
Do Samson and Delilah II develop a romantic relationship during Gargoyles 2198, or is it more platonic in nature? Given the fact that they are, in a manner of speaking, distantly related, I was curious as to your view on this. Samson is either the biological son or grandson of Angela, the daughter of Demona and Goliath. Delilah II is the biological granddaughter of Delilah of the Labyrinth clan, the hybridized clone of Demona and Elisa (in essence, their daughter). This would make Samson and Delilah II second cousins (or second cousins once removed).
They do. And I'm aware of the relationship, but in a world with (still) very few gargoyles, the fact that they are second cousins (or less) doesn't seem that problematic to me.
What is at this 2189 project that you're suppose to be working on?
Check out the Gargoyles 2198 Archive here at ASK GREG. And I'm not really working on this now.
All the gargoyles episodes have not been shown over here so i dont really know about some of th episodes although i have heard stuff about them....
1. Has "timedancer" ever actually been aired?
2. And what exactly IS "gargoyles 2198" is it going to be another series or what?
1. No. It's a potential spin-off/sequel series.
2. It's a potential spin-off/sequel series.
Check out the archives and you'll be less confused.
What is the proper title for the N'kai?
Is the proper title for the space-spawn the space-spawn empire?
Is the gargoyles' proper title the gargoyle nation?
What about humans and New Olympians?
I'm not sure what you mean... or when.
Just curious when do you think the war between the N'kai and Space-Spawn will end?
I'm not revealing that at this time.
Just curious how does Samson plan to deal with the Space-Spawn planetbuster when he overthrows the Space-Spawn rule on Earth?
It's one of his biggest dilemmas. How do you rebel without causing so huge a problem that they just decide to blow your planet to smithereens? (I don't get to use the word smithereens often. I wonder what its etimology is?)
Anyway, that's one of the main throughlines for the entire series (assuming it ever gets made) so there's no way I'm answering it here.
Why did the Illuminati support the space-spawn? I mean they were the proper rulers of the Earth. If they backed Samson wouldn't they regain control after Samson throws the space-spawn off the planet?
Well, it's complicated, but the short answer is that they backed what they thought was the winning horse.
I heard from matt/phil that the Labyrinth was going to be somekind of sanctuary in 2198 so are they right? If so what kind of people would it protect?
Everything Matt & Phil know, I believe, is also available to you by looking at the darn "Gargoyles 2198" archive, right here at ASK GREG.
The nature of the Labyrinth won't have changed much. It will still be something of a haven for society's outcasts. The homeless, the strange, the mutated, the cloned, etc.
1a.How long will the Redemption squad be active in the gargoyles universe? Does it exist in one form or another in 2198?
1b.Are the Monmouths of 2198 affliated with it?
2a.Are the Canmores still existant in 2198?
2b.If not then what happened to Jason? Will he have kids? If so what are their last names going to be?
3a.Will John Castaway ever wear the mask of the hunter?
b.Will any member of the monmouth clan ever wear that mask in 2198?
1. I don't know.
2. I think so, though I'm not going to commit to them being descendant's of Jason's. (There are other Canmores out there besides Jason, Robyn and Jon.) Frankly, I haven't done the medical research to know whether or not Jason can have kids still. Does anyone else know?
3. I'm not answering this at this time.
I have questions about "full" clans.
1) Now a full clan in definition is a group with common family ties in some form. So would clans ever reach a setup where not every gargoyle knows the gargoyle? I.E a clan with say 500,000 members?
2) Will the Manhattan clan ever exceed a population of a 1 million? or more?
3) If three is yes than will some eventually move into the city and leave the castle?
1. Not likely. Clans tend to split after their membership gets up into the range of about eighty.
2. Again, not likely.
3. You know I've only planned as far as the early 23rd Century. The numbers of living gargoyles worldwide don't approach what you're asking about. So I can't answer what would happen if or even whether we'd ever get up to numbers that high.
How does the Quarrymen theory about Gargoyles evolved in 2198?
i.e.: Do they still view them as the usual "demons/monsters/super-natural beings" or that view changed to something else, like "rival sentinent being"?
I think they see them as an insidious evil. Beyond that, even the Quarrymen aren't likely to be monolithic in the specifics of their beliefs.
Did you ever submit that CGI Proposal or whatever it was that matt and Phil won from the 2198 contest? I would imagine you might have since they told us it was dated 9/21/00.
No, actually I didn't. I was planning to, but it was made VERY clear to me that Disney wasn't interested in any Garg spin-off at this time. So I'm saving it until the wind changes. To mix a metaphor, there's no sense poisoning the water on a perfectly good idea with a group of execs that are determined not to like it. I'd rather pitch it fresh when personnel or strategies have changed.
Which side in the galactic war has more troops?
I haven't counted.
1. on March 21st 2198 when the world leaders, clan leaders and gargoyle eggs are kidnapped by the Space Spawn, were the eggs also put in stasis as the leaders were, or did the go on to hatch in the hands of the Space Spawn?
2. about how many world leaders were present and kidnapped?
3. could you give a rough guess on how many eggs were taken? 100? 500? 1000?
2. Almost all.
3. More than 100, fewer than 1000, I think. But don't hold me to it.
Is this third mysterious race involved in the galactic war allied with the Space-spawn?
Again, I assume you're referring to the fact that I mentioned that prior to the entry of Humans and Gargoyles into the conflict their were three major races involved in this centuries-old dispute. The N'Kai, the Space-Spawn and a third race that I've given no details on.
Still, by definition, their involved.
Is this third race helping the N'kai?
Again, by third race, I'm assuming you're not referring to Oberon's Children, but to the as yet unnamed alien species.
In any case, I'm not answering that right now.
Was the third unknown race a dominant force in the galaxy before the Space-Spawn?
Just to be clear, for those just arriving, I believe Galvatron is making reference to something I said about there being three alien species in 2198, who are major players in the galactic conflict.
1. The Space-Spawn.
2. Nokkar's people.
3. A third species I haven't said much about yet.
4 & 5. Would be humans and gargoyles from Earth, I guess. After 2198, that is.
And I'm not saying that there aren't other alien species too. But these are the major players.
Anyway, to answer your question... it depends on how you define dominant. They were extremely prevalent, wide-spread. But not necessarily in charge.
In 2198, are there any marriages between Gargs and humans or humans and New Olympians?
I won't totally rule out the possibility, but if there are they are VERY few and far between.
Greg here are some more questions
1) In 2198 do the gargoyles of the Manhattan clan and Labyrinth do anything other than protect the city? Like take in a play, go to the mall, or watch the Knicks?
2) If yes to 1, then can they do this without being gawked at?
3) Would relations with humans be good enough to do this? Could a garg take a cab, ride the subway, or take a plane out of La Guardia?
1. Well, since the gargs in the present did other things too, I don't imagine the future gargs would not.
2. Probably not.
3. Well, a lot depends on size, I guess, but the short answer is yes, they could. Doesn't mean they do. None of the above sounds likely.
I'm curious do humans have anti-gravity technology in 2198?
I don't know.
Just curious is Coyote-X for the Space-spawn occupation of Earth or is he against it?
What about the Space-Spawn are any of them against the occupation of Earth?
Coyote-X views the invasion as an eye-opener. It resets his parameters. Who holds the status quo is of less interest than who will ultimately hold the Galaxy.
The Space-Spawn are no more monolithic than the humans or the gargoyles or anyone. So some may object. But you're not going to meet many of them early on.
i didn't notice it til recently, but in your Gargoyles 2198 proposal you wrote, "2. The Ishimura Clan. Ishimura, Japan. These gargoyles have lived in peace (and until recently, in secrecy) with their human neighbors for centuries."
1. how recently was the Ishimura Clan revealed to the world?
2. did the other gargoyle clans even know about their exictence (not including the Manhatten Clan)?
3. were they the last gargoyle clan to be revealed to the world?
4. did their remaining a secret have anything to do with the events of "Bushido"?
1. Haven't decided.
2. Haven't worked out those details.
3. Not necessarily.
4. See above.
Third is another short one: In Gargoyles 2198, you keep using the phrase "side of the angels" when referring to Demona, and I do not think I heard any concrete mention of Macbeth. This is a really wild idea, but is Demona, in any way, well, dead?
More Space-Spawn questions...
1) Will there be any main individual Space-Spawn characters in Gargoyles 2198?
2) If so, will there be more than one?
3) Are they necessarily all villains?
3. Not saying.