A Station Eight Fan Web Site
since Fox has twice as much Children of Oberon blood in her as Alex and Alex has managed to live til 2198 would Fox herself still be alive in 2198?
Not revealing one way or another.
my brother got married toda.. er yesterday and they are off to Maine for their honeymoon. they plan to stop in Bar Harbor (Xanatos's birthplace) if for nothing else than to get me something to add to my Gargoyles collection. pretty cool, huh?
1. in 2198, is the Eyrie Pyramid look like the Eyrie Pyramid in "Future Tense"? if so, what purpose does the pyramid that crowns the top serve?
2. in 2198, will gargoyles working for the NYPD actually have badges or just coordinate efforts with the NYPD?
3. why did the practice of gargoyles acting as peacekeepers in the UN end with the arrival of the Space-Spawn?
4. would the Dracon family still be running a Crime Syndicate in 2198?
5. will Macbeth still be living near NYC in 2198?
6. will the Clocktower be around still in 2198? perhaps they finally got it working? :)
1. Not gonna limit the artists at this time.
3. Why do you think?
4. Not saying.
6. Not saying.
Hope you are not angry because of my stupid qustions.
In 2198 is it possible for Gargoyles to walk over a crowdy street without being stared at, or will more time have to pass for that?
And I rarely get angry over ASK GREG questions. (Sometimes I'm mildly annoyed, of course.) It just may seem that way because you don't hear my tone of voice in a typed response.
1. will Artus be alive in 2198?
will Gwenyvere be alive in 2198?
will Lancelot be alive in 2198?
2. will any of the Trio's rookery children make appearences in Gargoyles: 2198?
Not answering this now.
will any humans be living in Wyvern with the New Wyvern Clan? will they build some sort of structure or will they live on the cliffs?
I'm not revealing this now. The exploration of the twelve clans is one of the fun things about 2198. I don't want to blithely reveal everything here.
You may trick me into answering more specific questions, but big large ones are sure to go down without a fight.
Hi Greg! When in 2198 the Matrix is taken by the Space Spawn, how will the New Camelot Clan adapt, if conditions on Antartica become like they were before, would they stay in the same place or would they have to move?
That's a whole plotline. I'm not going to toss it off here in a couple of sentences.
Ok, you know what I have yet to do? Praise you on GARGOYLES 2198. I mean, there is so much worthy of praise. Here are some things I found most impressive:
1) Nicholas Natsilane Maza and the Order of the Guardian that he is a part of. It gives both Natsilane and good old Tom a legacy.
2) The idea of the Space-Spawn being born "amidst the fury of an exploding star." It's such an original idea, and in science-fiction, originality is sometimes very hard to come by. Speaking of which, maybe there's a question in here: do you know what element the Spawn Spawn are based off of? (e.g. carbon-based)
3) To have the Space-Spawn take over the world right off the bat, and in such a swift, painless manner. As you state, there is "very little loss of life, unless freedom matters to you." This puts drama before bloodshed, pure Gargoyles.
4) The Illuminati's dark pact with the Space-Spawn. This actually brings up another question (and I hope this one hasn't already been asked, if so I apologize): is Alexander Fox Xanatos IV a member of the Illuminati at the time of his abduction?
2. I have some ideas, but I've done no research, and given how I'm taken to task on every LITTLE thing I say, I'd prefer not to embarrass myself at this time.
4. No way I'm telling you.
now, I have something REALLY nice for you:
Oh, yes. I've allmost forgotten my question: the Gargoyles in 995 took a new children as a children of the whole clan. Will it be the same in 2198, or will the Gargoyles here raise their kids like we do??
Nice link. Very kind words. Thanks.
Largely, gargs in 2198 return (assuming any ever left) to communal rearing of their children.
Hey, random question. Any idea what Coyote version number finally hits on the idea of changing his name to Coyote-X? Just curious.
I left it open on purpose.
1. Is Atrus, or any of the children from any of the Trio alive in 2198? If yes, then be specific as to which ones.
2. And how old would those survivors be at that point?
1. Is that a command?
2. It depends which generation of eggs they were born with.
Hi Greg, I just read that Zaphiro from 2198 is the same age as Samson and Delilah, do you mean cronologic or biologic the same age, I'm just asking because you said before that because of the pendant that zaphiro, obsidiniana, turquessa and jade wear, they age faster than other gargoyles? thanks for answering
I don't believe I did say that. I believe I said that the pendant compensates, didn't I?
Can you quote me?
At any rate, Zafiro has not been wearing the pendant long. So he's the same biological and chronological age as Samson and Delilah.
What is more powerful Oberon or a Space-Spawn planebuster?
What is a planebuster?
you've said that Samson was raised in a communal rookery with many eggs in the rookery, so how does he know that he is descended from Demona? did Demona tell him or does he just know cuz he resembles Goliath THAT much and that means he is almost definetly descended from him and Demona?
Who said that HE knew he was descended from Demona?
Did I? Are you sure?
1. how long in advance did Nokkar know about the Space-Spawn invasion or was he completly surprised also?
2. was Nokkar still on Easter Island when the Space-Spawn attacked? if not, where was he?
3. between 1996 and 2198 has Nokkar had any communication or messages from his people or anyone on his side in the Galactic War?
4. was Nokkar still hiding from the bulk of humanity up til 2198 or was he known to exist by many humans? did the United Nations know of him? did Alexander Xanatos?
5. after 2198 will he be known to humnas or will he be fighting in the resistance while still hiding from the humans he is protecting?
4. He was still largely hiding.
5. He's not holding a press conference, because he's wanted by the Space-Spawn who are controlling things. But more and more people will come to know him... until he takes off into space with Demona, Zafiro etc.
ok, the Space-Spawn have the power to destroy a planet:
1. have they had this ability for a while? like more than 100 or a 1000 earth years?
2. do they have many such planet destroying devices or just one or two? are they common parts of Space-Spawn military groups?
3. if they tried to destroy the Earth would it completly blow up the planet like a Star Wars Death Star or Titan AE kinda thing or would it just kinda melt the surface, boil the oceans, kill all life way of destroying the planet?
4. if they did blow up the Earth what would happen to Avalon?
5. in 2198, do any of the races on Earth have anything that could stop the Earth from being destroyed if the Space-Spawn wanted to?
1. I don't know.
2. It's not a unique device, but not common either.
3. Blow it up.
5. Potentially, but not with any guarantees.
So here's a G2198 question relating to my prize:
The cover page says "CGI Series Proposal - 9/21/00". I assume you actually submitted it to the powers that be. What kind of response did you get? (Yes, No, Maybe, Needs more work, Not right now?)
I never submitted it.
I was working with some guys to put a CGI presentation together by G2001. That never happened. And during the time we were working on it, it became clear to me that the time wasn't right at Disney.
In any event, the version you received would have gone through at least one more revision before being pitched. I would have cut stuff out of the proposal to simplify things for the execs. It wouldn't have changed the end product at all, but I've learned that less is more in a pitch. For starters, I'd have cut all the info on clans. That was written to clarify things for me. But it's extraneous information at this early stage.
This is just a ramble to say thanks again for the G2198 prize. I've read it several times, and I really hope the show gets made someday; I can hardly wait to see it.
Although it would be neat to have a document like this for any of the spin-offs, this is really the one to have. Gargoyles 2198 is really the culmination of everything we know. I see so many of the episodes (especially the World Tour) in a different light, and the other proposed spin-offs seem to be leading right into this one.
You said that the prize itself was worthless, but it has quickly become one of my prized possessions. Thanks again!
I'm planning a new contest coming up soon.
By 2198, is Nokkar considered elderly for his kind yet?
In the future after the great war between earth and the space spawn empire would inhabitants of earth do the following things
1) allow alien races to settle on earth
2) hold diplomatic and economic relations with other alien races
You're way ahead of me. How do you know Earth survives?
What is the New olympians role in the liberation of earth against Space Spawn rule?
Given the Space Spawn's reputation in 2198, am I right that Nokkar will have a bad rep to for just being from space? Or will he not have revieled himself to the public yet, and just work in secreat at HQ? What has his chain of Easter Island friends turned into by this point?
Nokkar's still largely a secret in February, 2198. I'm not saying more than that right now.
Hi Greg, I have a few more questions about 2198, and Demona's role in it. Surprise, surprise ;)
How does she get along with the following characters?
2. Nicholas Natsilane Maza
I would imagine that her relationship with the first two would be quite tense given their bloodline.
Initially, she doesn't get along well with anyone. ANYONE.
Phil mentioned in the Comment Room that the manuscript prize that both he and Matt recieved was entitled:
G a r g o y l e s 2 1 9 8
CGI Series proposal / 9-21-00
Am I correct in guessing that the "CGI" here has to do with computer animation?
How common will genetic engineering and cybernetics be by 2198? The same as the 1990s, commonplace, obsolete, or something else entirely?
Not quite commonplace. But not as rare as in the twentieth century.
If the Space-Spawn did destroy Earth, would Avalon be destroyed with it?