A Station Eight Fan Web Site
One of the "Endgame" preview images on The World's Finest shows a close-up of Artemis and the Flash Family at the mission briefing in Metropolis that wasn't in the episode itself. So I was wondering: are there more close-ups from that big wide shot of all the heroes? If so, could you post them? I'd love to see a close up of Aquaman, Aqualad, Tempest and Lagoon Boy from that big wide shot.
I have no means of posting anything.
Did Jim Harper find out about Mal Duncan becoming the new Guardian? If so, how did he react? Did they ever have any moments together after Cornered?
Yes. He was fine with it. Even happy about it. And, yes.
I apologize if this question has been asked before, I tried searching through the archives but maybe I didn't frame my search parameters correctly.
How public are The Team members as superheroes? I know the team isn't known by the general public, and certain sidekicks are known because they fight alongside their fellow mentors (like Batman and Robin, Flash and Kid Flash, Aquaman and Aqualad, and maybe later Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl and so on) but what about other heroes like Beast Boy? Or Bumblebee? Or even Superboy?
I ask because Superboy is wearing his Superman-symbol shirt in "Satisfaction." I understand this is a world where glasses can protect Clark Kent's identity or sunglasses protects Dick and Tim's, but come on! He's wearing his Superboy "uniform" right out in the open! Does that mean the public is unaware of Superboy?
What I'm basically wondering is, do certain Team members even need secret identities, or can they just go out in public without masks and such because they only ever go out for covert ops where the general public won't see them anyway?
ASKED AND ANSWERED.
But you saw Mal Duncan wearing a Superman t-shirt in Season One. Lots of folks wear them. Heck, Superboy originally bought all his S-Shield t-shirts at Suburban Outfitters. The fact that folks see Conner Kent wearing an S-Shield t-shirt wouldn't raise ANY suspicions at all.
Hey Greg, sorry for this. I know I'm annoying but honestly I cant even help it at this point. My grandmother just passed away, my aunt has brain cancer, and the only thing I had to look forward to was young justice and "spitfire" I am going to keep fighting for season three on behalf of all the producers and loyal fans like myself. I do have one question for you however, and yes, I'm sure you are sick of hearing it.
If(when) we get a season 3 Is there any chance that you and your team would ever consider bringing back Wally ?
Is he really dead?
Ailish, my condolences for your loss and your troubles. But I have no answer for you. I'm sorry.
Why weren't Troia, Lieutenant Marvel and Sergeant Marvel included in the big group shots of heroes in "Endgame" (when Lex Luthor was outlining the plan in Metropolis)?
ANSWERED. Check the archives.
I'm going to keep doing whatever I can to get Young Justice back, or at least finished! But for now, thank you so much for the adventure! I truly enjoyed it!
Brandon just tweeted that "Wally is gone", when he says "Wally is gone" is Wally gone/teleported to a different dimension,planet, or somewhere else? Or did Brandon mean "gone" as in deceased gone? At first I thought Wally was sucked into the Speedforce,but a while back you said the Speedforce doesn't exist on Earth-16 (so that rules that out). I still have hope Wally is still around :)
SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
To Mr. Weisman
That was so not cool. You literally ripped my heart out of my body with Wally's death. I really hope that you meant Wally to come back in season 3. For one thing, the reaction to his death was extremely disappointing. Outside of Artemis, Bart, and Nightwing, we did not see a single person mourn for Wally. Not even his original team mates like Superboy and Miss Martian. Even Artemis' fake death had more mourning than Wally. The death was also extremely rushed. I would like to think that if a character as popular as Wally was being killed off, then there would be more of a reaction and more time was dedicated to it. Also, it was unbelievably tragic. Of all the romantic relationships on the show, the one between Artemis and Wally was the only one that felt authentic and sweet. Plus, the way it was set up in season 1, it felt that it was something that you set up for long term with the spitfire symbolic parallel with Kent Nelson and Insa. What's the point if you spend an entire season developing a relationship only to end it tragically in the next season without even showing much of the relationship on screen. It's even more painful when you see that all other relationships have either been repaired or newly formed while Artemis is left heartbroken. That along with the fact that Wally's parents lost their only son. Also, this was the only place where Wally existed since he is not in the comics currently. But I take encouragement in the fact there is no body and in comic/cartoon world, no body means alive.
Now that my sorrowful rant over the season finale is over, I would like to congratulate you for two seasons of great animation. After JL/JLU, this was the first cartoon of excellent standard of storytelling and animation. I really hope there is some way that season 3 can be made and you can resurrect Wally and reunite him with Artemis as well as continue the incomplete Apocalypse storyline.
Finally, if there is no chance of season 3 happening, can you divulge what you were planning for season 3. Would there be another time jump? Would Wally and Nightwing return?...
Well, I think the notion that you didn't see his other teammates mourn is patently ridiculous. You saw their reactions in the moment. Then we skipped weeks ahead, and everyone was still feeling the effect of Wally's death. The fact that we FOCUSED on the three characters closest to Wally (Artemis, Bart, Dick) doesn't imply that the others didn't care.
Otherwise, most of this is ASKED AND ANSWERED.
Greg, wow if you really are reading this I hope you know I appreciate your work. I am not familair with the Gargoyles or anything, I am a fan of Young Justice. You see, my best friend and I are hooked on to it and we rescently saw the finale. We are broken. Yes you know it's because of Wally. No I am not asking for spoilers or for you to change the story line. I just want a yes or no answer if you could or at least put my mind at rest. Wally didn't die did he, not really. He simply disappeared and I don't think he died. If he did die then I'll accept it with understanding. But at the end of the episode it was implied more. And I think Wally will come back. I really do think so. I know cartoon network won't take another season but I know what's it like to have a story line of your own, I am an aspiring author. I know you won't leave this like that, so full of what nots but greg if you do plan to continue it or of you dont I beg of you that you come clear to us someday because what kills me the most is not knowing. Maybe you'll never confirm it or never read this and I'll go on thinking about this without being certain. Did he die? I don't care if you say yes or no, just a hint at what's going on. I probably seem a little needy but in some ways I am, the chacracters you created have such a hold on my heart its amazing. I bow my hat to you greg you've made an amaing thing here and I hope you might forgive me prying. Thank you for your work.
I don't know why people keep thinking I won't even READ their comments. Unless they've broken major rules, I read everything (eventually).
And thank you for your kind words.
But, I'm sorry I won't give you a hint for reasons I've already laid out. If you haven't read why already, please check the archives.
Oh dear, so many people impulsively asking why wally had to die and future spoilers, you are in for hell (or maybe your moderators and lots and lots of copy paste.
Anyways, now that its confirmed the light has also played with Darksied..
1. Was he(and Apocalypse) the partner referred to back in Bereft? Since we now know the reach were not drawn to earth until after the season finally.
2. The Reach themselves call black beetle...black beetle. Is this the official way to designate each scarab? Did they adopt the name from Wonder Girl?
3. Why hadn't you addressed the reach Apocalypse still being a success after Bart left?
2. Think of it as a translation.
3. I'm not clear on what you're asking here. But if what you're implying is that after Nate's clothes changed in the future, why had the Reach apocalypse still taken place, the answer is - it hadn't. Nate assumed it had because Mount Justice was still in ruins. But you know why Mount Justice is in ruins. It's a subtle thing, but the ash rain that was falling before Bart left, has stopped after.
Sorry it's me again so quickly...I just remembered two things I wanted to bring up.
1. I've heard that Dubbilex was/is a DNAlien. Not exactly sure what that means since from what I've looked at your work you've said he is a G-Gobin/genomorph and was created by Cadmus. I just wanted to see if you could set it straight for me, what exactly is he? Also, I apologize if this is a spoiler, if you will have answered this by the time you get to my post, or it just pops up...but why did you not include him and the genomorphs in the second season? What happened to them? We saw some of them lying on the ground at the end of Season 1, and Guardian/Jim Harper is around, but nothing else. I know you don't like to give full out stories here but could you please say something regarding this, because I have seen nothing about them. I was expecting them to maybe come out, help the Team and League and maybe get the respect they were hoping for, but I don't know...
2. By now it will have been a while, but remember when I asked if you'd let Khary Payton/Aqualad say "BOOYAH!" for old time's sake and you said it was a spoiler. Well, now the season is over (again I hope the show comes back soon) and we didn't here it. I wanted to let you know though that I had another side trip or dream and I thought I actually saw Aqualad in the show say "BOOYAH!" It wasn't like in Teen Titans, but it was like he just beat up one of the bad guys (I don't know who) and he looked down on them like he looked down on Black Manta in "Summit" and said "Booyah" in that cool tone like he when he talked to his unconscious father. Then I snapped back to our reality and I was like, "Did it happen? I thought Greg wasn't going to do it, but he did! YES! BOOYAH!" And of course, then I saw it wasn't true and was :(
Oh well...Did you consider doing it at anytime in the production? If yes or no why did you not do it?
1. In our series, he's a genomorph.
1a. There's a lot of things we'd have loved to include in Season Two had there been more time.
2. No. It doesn't fit Aqualad's character. I'm all for fan-service, but it has to make sense.