A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I do have a few questions, but before I ask them, I just want to thank you and everyone who worked on the show.
The entire run of Young Justice was flat-out amazing, and had everything from humour to sad moments to great action. The story hooked me and the characters were likable but flawed, making them relatable...there are so many more things I could say about how great the show was. I have to go buy the DVDs soon, so I can always have the show and the memories it has given me.
As for the questions I had, they are:
1. When you look back on making Young Justice, is there anything you are most proud of?
2. This sounds a bit odd, but if the original members of The Team could break the fourth wall and tell their viewers one last thing; what do you think would each say after the finale? (Though I really hope the series can continue with another season, movie, comic or something...)
Thank you for your time and creating such an emotional and great series!
1. There's a TON I'm proud of. I don't know if anything specifically qualifies for "most proud".
2. I'll leave such hypotheticals to your imagination.
I see that the queue is very cluttered with fan rambles that are either pissed off about his fate or begging you to tell them that he isn't dead/will be brought back in season 3.
Personally, I will choose not to ask anything pertaining to Wally. I have faith that you, Brandon and the rest of your crew had your reasons for doing what you did and that you guys know where you're headed with this. So instead, I'll focus my efforts on trying to get to that Season 3 so we can see for ourseleves what happens next. :)
Moving on, you had given a list of the designations in your interview with World's Finest Online right before the finale and there were seven "SPOILER REQUESTS" which I figured meant that we would been seeing these characters in "Endgame."
Based on who we saw in the episode, I'd wager that as of the 20th of June, Tempest and Blue Devil were the unknown Leaguers, and Virge, Ed, Sam and Tye were the four unknown guest designations. Then by the 4th of July, Virgil gained a Team designation upon becoming Static.
Could you either confirm or correct this?
And last but certainly not least, thanks to all of you guys for writing all of these characters and stories that matter so much. I really hope that we can get not just a third season, but a fourth and a fifth, too, while we're at it.
I could confirm or correct, but I won't.
What was Zatanna's reaction to finding out it was her glamour charm that disguised Artemis and led her to believe that her best friend was dead?
I'll leave that to your imagination for now.
First off, I love Young Justice. Thanks for making such a great show!
My question is about the Light, Reach and Bart's future. It was made pretty clear in Summit and Endgame that the Light planned to betray the Reach. They seem to have planned out all contingencies and have an even bigger masterplan involving Darkseid - basically they knew what they were getting into. So what happened in Bart's future? Bart always referred to it as the "Reach Apocalypse" and the Reach/Blue Beetle were obviously in charge - it seemed as though the Light didn't intend for the Reach to actually conquer Earth in their masterplan, so what went wrong? It just seems weird to me that the big baddies who seem to have endless schemes, tricks and Xanatos gambits could have got it so wrong.
1: Is Kylstar and the others who stayed with him conquering other planets while YJ:I is going on?
2: Can Shimmer's power affect flesh or just materials?
3: Does Tim have living parents or does he stay at the Wayne Manor?
4: How strong is Vandal Savage? (Considering he took down Black Lightning,Captain Marvel, and Black Canary like nothing) If answered, why is he that strong and was he ever that strong in other continuities?
1. In theory.
2. Anything, I'd think.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. He's pretty strong. Plus he has a healing factor that in essence augments his strength, allowing him to push to the far limits of it without sustaining injury.
Lots of fans are sad that YJ is over even though we still have Legacy that has canon storyline. I am super excited for it so my questions will strictly relate to that.
1: How much input did you and your team have on the game? Heard it was more then most games get.
2: If the game sells really well will that help to continue YJ ether through a squeal game, direct-to-video movie, etc.?
3: Without giving spoilers of course, is there anything special you want to tell us about the game to hype it more?
Thank you for your time. I think it is super cool that you take your personal free time to interact with the fans like this and it really upsets me whenever I see a question from someone being rude or ungrateful.
Young Justice is my favorite TV show ever! I think you and everybody that worked to make it perfect is a genius! I could probably rant for days about everything I love about the series but I don't want to waste your time and it is better to keep this message short.
1. I can't speak for other games, but Brandon and I broke the story with them, and I edited all the dialogue. I also attended all the voice sessions.
2. Good sales are our best bet to get any further material.
3. Not at the moment.
First of all, I would like to say thank you for such a quality show! It's given me new hope for this age of television, though its cancellation has dampered that a bit. But I still have faith that it will be renewed someday, hopefully sooner than later. Anyway, here are a few questions on my mind.
1. I know you don't want me asking how long the planned time skip for season three was, but I am curious if there's any hope for a shorter time skip than before. So instead, my question is, is there any hope that the time skip this time around could be a matter of months? Or is it more your style to plan longer time skips? I felt the first time skip was natural, as I already knew the characters well (aside from maybe Rocket) and I welcomed a mostly new cast. However, I now feel that with the time constraints and more plot-based story, I'm still just getting to know these characters, and would like to keep getting to know them as they are. All the same, I trust your decision-making and would look forward to whatever you and Brandon cook up.
2. If you were to get another season, would it be like season two, a more plot-driven season, or would it return to being a character-driven story? Would a character-driven season even work, given the amount of characters now on the Team? And also, would the amount of episodes given make a difference in your decision in this matter?
3. What scene do you most regret not being able to include in/before the finale? (Un-moded Jaime reuniting with Tye/his family, Artemis reuniting with Paula, more of Red Arrow and/or Cheshire and Lian, more of the runaways, just to give a few possible examples)
Thank you for your time, and just know that I'm so honored to be a fan of your brillant show! May things go well with your future endeavors.
1. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
2. The amount of episodes ordered would indeed make a difference in what and how much we would attempt cover, among many other decisions.
3. Too many to count.
Well, since Young Justice just finished its run, I thought I might as well say a huge thank you.
I've been a fan of your work ever since I caught a WITCH episode, and unfortunately around the time Spectacular Spiderman was airing I was at that "I'm too old for cartoons" stage of life. Thank God I got over that, and with a little internet magic I was able to watch Gargoyles, Spec, and learn about Young Justice. I enjoyed the characters, plotlines, art, fight scenes, acting,basically everything (aside from few complaints here and there, but nothing too major).
Most of all, I enjoyed that it remembered it was a cartoon and not a comic. When Wally died, I was able to actually feel sad rather than groan and think "oh great, now I have to wait until he's retconned back into existence". If you get a lot of hate mail for that, don't worry. He's a popular character who recently got poorly handled in the comicverse, so people tend to be overprotective. Personally, I think him going to speedster Valhalla or the like is way more fitting than wiping out the whole of his heroic career.
So thanks to you and the entire Young Justice team for putting some serious effort into this show. It was much appreciated.
And since I feel obligated to ask a question, the finale aired on March 16th. How did you manage that?
Heh heh heh.
Wow This season was great! You and the team should be proud of you hard work it really paid off! I will dearly miss YJ it would always cheer me up when I had a bad day, I would pretend the team was there and they'd cheer me up, or they would come to school with me and help me through. I am not the only one that does this many people do, I even pretend I am on the team and we did missions together, to me the characters are real. I cried so much when reality hit me that the show is over, I cried a lot when Wally died too, but I know a lot of people asked you if he is dead and if there will be a third season so I wont ask that, instead I will thank you for this Wonderfully Amazing show, watching the team grow, listening to Dick say silly things like Aster and Whelmed, or Megan say Hello Megan, Gar say Noted or Bart say Mode and Crash etc. I know one day the show will come back because with fans like this nothing can keep us from a show like this!!! I will be waiting for the day this show comes back and I will one day show my kids this show. Thank you for taking the time to read this and create the BEST SHOW EVER!! We will keep fighting for the show to come back one day!!! The fans will never forget Young Justice!
Thank you very much!!
Well, the final episode of YJ has been aired, and what an ending! I gotta say, for a minute there, I thought you were gonna kill Barry, but Wally's death I did not see coming. Bravo, man. Bravo.
Furthermore, finally seeing Darkseid was nice. I mean, everyone knew he was the Light's original partner, & truthfully I expected him to show up a lot sooner, but that was good. Of course, Lex being a manipulative cuss was great, Static joing was cool, & I liked Tim & Cassie getting together.
It's a shame to see such a great show come to an end, but perhaps not for long. I saw your piece on the Veronica Mars kicksterter, & the thought of a kickstarter for Gargoyles or Young Justice didn't even occur to me until then. But if you start one, I will happily pledge what I can to the cause.
May they live again!