A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. You've said that you're not a binge watcher. Does that influence your storytelling style in your shows? Also, if a show had a single story that stretched over several episodes like with "Awakening" of Gargoyles, would you watch them in one sitting?
2. Since you prefer more serialized stories (hopefully I'm using the right term), how do you feel when you watch more episodic shows like Justice League/JLU?
3. Somewhat relating to that last question, have you finished JLU and Teen Titans? If so, what are your thoughts on them now?
4. What kind of stories do you prefer to tell? As in, how and when do you decide to make a story out of some heavy subject or theme such as -I don't know- slavery instead of a just a story that moves a character forward? Do you think one is better than the other? How do you feel about "heavy subject" stories in general, or would you say those are almost always present anyways? I hope this last question makes sense.
1. Don't know. Never worked on a show that was specifically designed for binging.
2. I hate to make blanket assessments. But I'm less engaged. Also strictly speaking, I write episodic but sequential stories with serialized elements. Not a straight serial.
4. I believe in organic storytelling. The characters tend to tell me what happens next, to a great extent. Like anyone, sometimes their lives glance over or immerse themselves in so-called "heavy subjects" - and sometimes they don't.
As of Season 2
1. Why does Mal live in the Cave instead of an apartment or house?
2. Why doesn't Lagoon Boy live in the Polis' he's from?
3. Does he split his time between the Team and the Polis he's from?
1. Free rent?
2. He does, when he's home. But he was a student at the Conservatory in Poseidonis. So he also feels at home there.
3. Probably splits time between all three locations.
As of Revelations was Rocket attending high school in Dakota City?
1. Does the Green Lantern Corps know about the existence of New Genesisians and Apokoliptans?
2. Do the Guardians of the Universe?
1. What is Mal majoring in?
2. What is he minoring in?
3. As of Young Justice Legacy was Raquel in college?
No Spoilers to all questions.
What is Deadshot's ethnicity?
Out of universe, why was Paul Sloane chosen for the role of Conner in Hello Megan?
1. On Earth 16 is Guy Gardner Irish?
2. Were his parents Irish immigrants?
I haven't studied this.
Who is the head scientist at the Taos Branch of S.T.A.R. Labs?
You have stated that you are "'just not that familiar with Cassandra Cain'".
1. Are you familiar with Nell Little?
1. Are you familiar with Jamie Harper?
1. Familiar? No. Aware? Yes.
1. Familiar? No. Aware? Yes.
By the way, I'm more familiar with Cassandra Cain now.
I suppose this is a bit of a nitpick about 20 years too late, but while rewatching the pilot of Gargoyles for the millionth time, I couldn't help but question how Goliath managed to carry all of the Gargoyles from the battle to Castle Wyvern.
One at a time.
1. As of Young Justice issue #10 who is the owner of the Daily Planet?
2. As of Young Justice issue #10 is Perry White the editor of the Daily Planet?
1. No Spoilers.
Has Orin ever had sex with anyone besides Mera?
Why would I answer that?
Miss Martian posed as Marvin the Martian to scare Marvin in Secrets.
1. Does the Looney Tunes show exist on Earth 16?
2. If so, is it the original or 2011 version?
1. Of course.
2. Why not both?
1. Besides Virgil, Tye, Asami, Ed, and Stephanie was a backstory created for each of the remaining abductees in Before the Dawn?
2. Besides Virgil, Tye, Asami, Ed, and Stephanie, was any consideration given to from how far a way, in relation to Bludhaven, the abductees in Before the Dawn were abducted from?
3. Were any of the abductees in Beneath or Before the Dawn given names?
4. Were any of the abductees in Beneath or Before the Dawn modeled after existing DC characters?
2. Not really.
3. You mean besides Stephanie Brown?
4. You mean besides Stephanie Brown?
I leave tomorrow for Comic Con Palm Springs: http://comicconpalmsprings.com/index.php
COMIC CON PALM SPRINGS
Palm Springs Convention Center
277 North Avenida Caballeros
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Here's my schedule for the weekend:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2016
03:30pm - 08:00pm. I'll be at TABLE G12, where I'll be selling copies of my novels RAIN OF THE GHOSTS and SPIRITS OF ASH AND FOAM for $10 each. If you buy both, you get a free RAIN OF THE GHOSTS print, illustrated by Christopher Jones. I'll also be selling CD sets of the RAIN OF THE GHOSTS AudioPlay for $30 This is an unabridged four hour production with 20 actors (including Brent Spiner, Marina Sirtis, Ed Asner, Vanessa Marshall, Jim Cummings, Steve Blum, Thom Adcox and more), a full original musical score (by the composers of YOUNG JUSTICE and THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN) and sound effects. It's like a four hour movie in your head! Buy the CD set and you also receive a free print. If you ONLY want the print, it's $20. Plus I'll also be selling original Christopher Jones art prints of YOUNG JUSTICE and GARGOYLES for $20 each. Finally, I'll be selling copies of my animation scripts (from series including GARGOYLES, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, YOUNG JUSTICE, STAR WARS REBELS and many others) for $20 each. All transactions are cash only. Signatures - if you bring something for me to sign - are FREE!
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27, 2016
10:00am - 12:00pm. Back at TABLE G1.
12:30pm - 01:30pm. WONDER WOMAN 75th Anniversary Celebration
In Smoketree C with Amanda Deibert, Susan Eisenberg, Phil Jimenez, Yanick Paquette & Cat Staggs.
I'll be moderating, as we celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the most popular female super hero to grace the pages of DC Comics!
01:30pm - 02:30pm. REAWAKEN GARGOYLES
In Smoketree A with Thom Adcox (voice of Lexington).
Explore the nocturnal world of the popular animated TV series of these creatures that are stone by day and warriors at night!
02:30pm - 07:00pm. TABLE G12.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28, 2016
09:30am - 12:00pm. TABLE G12.
12:00pm - 01:00pm. INSIDE YOUNG JUSTICE
In Smoketree C with Thom Adcox (voice of Klarion), Phil Bourassa (Emmy-winning lead character designer), Jason Spisak (voice of Kid Flash) and Brandon Vietti (Producer).
Revisit the lives of a group of teenaged protégés attempting to establish themselves as proven superheroes as they deal with normal adolescent issues in their personal lives.
01:00pm - 04:00pm. TABLE G12.
Hope to see you there!
1. In Before the Dawn who voiced the dark haired boy in the red and white shirt standing to Tigress' left?
2. What is his ethnicity?
As shown here
I'm sorry. I don't remember. And I don't have my recording script here at my Nickelodeon office to even attempt a guess.
Mister Weisman , I am a boy of 15 years of Argentina,from now excuse me if my English is very low expectation,I wanted to tell you about your tv series called "Young Justice",You and your team did a wonderful job, i love dc universe and everything that includes superheroes but you changed my life, I was a rebellious boy to my task not spend much time in the streets, when I saw the TV series left shocked after I saw his first season change radically thanks to you now consider myself a better person. Thank you so much for doing that, but now I am really sad because the third season of Young Justice will not occur and the truth that can make a lot of money had a very open-ended and all your fans, fans of the series want to Somehow or another they finish making the third season and more seasons if you can, if not enough money to do the show through the internet that much encerio love that series, cried with the death of Wally, cry with death sagebrush and I blame you for that because there was dead lol, I appreciate you have made this series and brother want puedieras continue to produce more this season, and if not well at least answer me. I admire command you health and peace for you and the whole team of "Young Justice"
I'm very gratified that the series meant so much to you. And, if it helps, I think there is a decent chance of getting the series back. We're asking all the fans to binge-watch YOUNG JUSTICE on Netflix. I don't know if you have Netflix in Argentina or if YJ is on it, if you do. But if so, please watch the show over and over. It will really help us get it back.
Have you read the Grimm storyline from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #149 - 153?
1. Out of universe was anyone else considered for the position of the enforcer for the Light besides Deathstroke?
2. If so, who?
3. At what point did you know that you wanted to use Deathstroke as the enforcer for the Light in Season 2?
1. You mean besides Sportsmaster? No.
2. See above.
3. 2010, I think.
There is a poster of Aqualad in Gar's room during Image.
1. Since Rocket had debuted in May, was Gar aware that there was a public figure called Rocket before Image?
2. Out of the public figures, Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, and Rocket, was Aqualad Gar's favorite before Image?
1. I don't know.
2. It seems so. But honestly, I don't even remember the Aqualad poster. I can't confirm it's existence.
Is Eduardo's grandfather his grandfather on his father's side or his mother's?
1. Is Virgil's sister older or younger then he is?
2. Is her name Sharon?
Technically, these are both spoiler requests... but older and yes.
Who is the second in command of the Runaways?
Is there a first in command?
I noticed while watching Young Justice that Roy shoots his bow right-handed but keeps his armguard on his right arm, as if to shoot left-handed. I had originally meant to ask you why that was, but I think I have figured it out: is it because he is skilled enough to not need an armguard for shooting right-handed but has one on his right arm in case circumstances force him to change hands? This presumes that he has less practice overall shooting left-handed, or at least feels less comfortable in his ability to do so safely.
I like your reasoning!