A Station Eight Fan Web Site
How old is Lia Briggs?
At the end of Team Year Eight, Lia is 16.
After Season 2 was over, you confirmed that the designations 27 and 28 were assigned shortly after the season came to a close. We know that there are well over 28 Leaguers by the time we pick up with Season 3, so...
1. Are the characters you intended to give those designations to in 2013 the ones who did end up getting them when you revisited the series canon for Season 3?
If so, 2. Were you always planning for Kaldur to join the Justice League shortly after Season 2 concluded?
I wanted to ask a couple questions!
1) Why did Zatanna choose Artemis as the person to go with her to see her father?
2) How long has Zatanna been in her magician career and weill we ever see it on screen?
1. They're close friends.
2. Since before her dad became Doctor Fate.
2a. No spoilers.
this isn't a question but in nightmare monkeys when gar ask the monkey god why he sound like wally he should of said im no therapist but if i have to guess you never head me talk and you mind came up with a person that you close to
That's as good an interpretation as any.
Hello again Mr. Weisman! I now have a question about Hunter/Robyn Canmore if You Don't Mind!
While Robyn is out with the Redemption Squad, What Exactly Is Her Known Public Statis?
Do the Authorities Think She's Out on Parole?
Do they Think she Escaped and skipped the Country?
Or Do They and the Public Think that Robyn's Still in Jail?
Hi, Greg. Hope youâre well.
Because of some of the issues surrounding the Captain Marvel name, we know that Billy Batsonâs alter ego has had to be credited as Shazam in the later seasons, despite being Captain Marvel on Earth-16. Do these name issues affect your ability to be able to use Lieutenant and Sergeant Marvel on Young Justice? Do you purposely stray from the Marvel family so as not to upset pre-established canon?
The word "Marvel" is currently off-limits to us. This definitely threw us for a loop in Season Three, but we think we've since come up with a rationalization for Cap's name change. So whatever plans we have/had may proceed.
I always admired YJ for its diversity and was very excited to see a character like Halo, someone who's close to my ethnic background, represented.
But I have been utterly disappointed. More than that, I'm disgusted.
The way you guys have graphically killed her several times on screen is appalling. Yes, I realize she comes back, but to see a WOC go through such violent trauma again and again is damaging to audiences - particularly those who are like her. It is a common trope to violently traumatize and kill women and POC in comics and I thought YJ would be above that. Apparently not.
And then to find out that the actual Arab girl has really been dead since episode 1 and she's nothing but an empty husk for the motherbox...so she's not actual representation at all. She's not a real person.
I was one of the fans who rallied for YJ to return for years and now I will never support this show again. This honestly broke my heart a little.
Glad you got to feel progressive for using a woman in a hijab. I'm sure you're patting yourself on the back for it and won't actually care how people of that background feel.
I'm truly sorry that the character doesn't work for you.
I wish you'd continue to give us a chance throughout the end of Season Three and into Season Four. By July 24th, 2019, Halo's story was far from over. We probably did overdo it on the violent deaths. But the long-term plan was to show a girl (of color) who went from being a victim to a hero. I think we ultimately succeeded in that, but if it didn't/doesn't work for you, I understand.
As for Gabrielle being dead... well, that was built into the character Halo that we adapted.
But again, her story isn't over. And her hijab wasn't an arbitrary or cynical choice. In fact, the only thing in your post that seems unfair to me is your presumption that we were patting ourselves on the back in some cynical manner. We do care. We may fail. But that doesn't mean we're not trying. We've been working with the Muslim Public Affairs Council on Halo's character and others. They seem pretty happy with where we're taking the character long term. Maybe we didn't get there fast enough for you. But, again, I'd love for you to give us and Halo a second chance.
In young justice outsiders episode 19 it is said that beast boy is a emancipation minor . Why did his stepdad Steve Dayton let Garfield become a emancipation minor ?
Gar sued to become an emancipated minor. We don't know whether or not Dayton fought him on this, but if he did, he clearly lost the case.
Greg, what are Traci Thruston/Thirteen powers do they only cause bad luck or does she have greater mystical abilities?
I think what you see on the show speaks for itself.
By the time that you see this question, season 4 will probably have concluded, but I'll take my chances. I love Young Justice - thank you so much for this amazing show!
I have a few questions about "Elder Wisdom", which has just been released on DC Universe:
1) Is Troia an Amazon by birth or is she from man's world? She bears a strong resemblance to Wonder Woman and she referenced Hippolyta ("Mother") so I'm guessing that the former is true, but I wonder if you could confirm this now that she has had a prominent appearance in Young Justice, please.
2a) Does Troia have the alias Donna Troy in Young Justice?
2b) Has she *ever* had this alias on Earth-16? Troia is quite an unusual name so I wonder whether it stems directly from the name Donna Troy somehow, even on Earth-16.
3) We've only ever seen Garth in one outfit, even when he was Tempest in the Young Justice: Legacy game. Likewise, we've only seen one look for Troia at this stage, but is it also her costume from her time as a member of the Team?
4) I hope it's all right if I ask this question as well, please: do you still have plans to include Mary Bromfield in Young Justice? I know that you've said that you wanted to introduce both her and Troia in season 2, so that's why I'm asking about Mary even though this is a spoiler request. I hope that Mary will still get her due, whether it's in the final stretch of season 3 or in season 4. Hoping for some Marvel/Shazam Family love at some point in Young Justice.
Thank you so much for reading my submission! :)
Well, Season Four hasn't dropped as of this writing, though we do have fourteen episodes in the can, seven more in post-production and five being animated overseas, with all pre-production complete.
1. No spoilers.
2. As of Season Three she isn't using the name Donna Troy. No spoilers as to whether she ever did.
3. No spoilers.
4. It's not a spoiler to say that we still want to include her when it makes sense to.