A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Nightwing:âraâs al ghul is many things but a liar isnât one of them?â Isnât this false considering Ra's lied when in âtargetsâ he expressed a desire to kill Luthor, but it turned out to be a ploy orchestrated by both Luthor and him? Nightwing should know about that so why would he think Raâs wouldnât lie?
When Ra's gives his word, makes a statement, it can generally be taken as true to his mindset. But that doesn't mean he doesn't scheme.
But Nightwing could also be wrong.
1. In Nevermore, Baazovi calls DeLamb a war criminal - has he actually broken the laws of war, or was Baazovi being dramatic?
2. If he is a war criminal, which crimes has he committed and when?
3. If he committed them while or before taking his job as the leader of the security forces, did the king - or the public at large - know about them, or did they come to light while he was in jail?
4. Had DeLamb already been tried and convicted by Overwhelmed, or was he being held while his case was being investigated? On the one hand I'd think Gregor would want that squared away as soon as possible, on the other hand there'd be a great deal to prepare for trial.
5. Did Baazovi psychically influence DeLamb to break out the second time, after he'd surrendered, or was that all Frederick refusing to know when he'd lost?
1. Mostly the latter, but some of the things he was attempting to have done would qualify.
2. Well, planning to murder all of those loyal to Gregor in the local cemetery seems to qualify...
3. It was during this latest coup.
4. Probably being held for trial.
5. I'll leave that to your interpretation.
1. Do Baazovi's powers need him to speak to someone to 'nudge' them, or is his being nearby enough?
2. What's the spelling of Halo's purple purification beam chant? Subtitles only have 'chanting in alien language'
3. Once and for all - do the Markovs say Mother of -God- or Mother of -Goat-?
4. Was the assassin who killed Viktor and Ilona under a control chip at the time?
5. Are the royal families of Vlatava and Markovia interrelated?
1. Speaking helps... and helps cover the nudge. He just seems to be speaking good sense. As opposed to them taking a turn out of nowhere.
2. ENIERSTOHNN, KAHHD-ZOHNN-TORRCH-HIERROH!
3. Mother of Goat! GOAT!! I mean, of course! Does it ever sound like God? And who the heck would ever say, "Mother of God?"
4. Nope. Just under the impression that he was a valued employee.
5. Not in recent generations, at least. Maybe in the distant past.
1. Do Sha'lain'a and Calvin have jobs in Atlantis, and if so, what are they?
2. About how many metas were rescued from all the auction raids in True Heroes and brought to Taos?
3. Did the control chip cure Slade gave Tara work immediately, and did it completely block the effects or lessen them?
4. Why did Catherine Cobert list Black Lightning with the protest resignations?
5. Was it meant to be ambiguous which of Brion's actions - killing DeLamb, taking the throne, giving Jace another chance - were egged on psychically by Zviad, and how much 'nudging' was needed?
1. No spoilers.
2. I don't have an exact number. Over twenty, under a hundred.
3. Blocked the effects from moment one.
4. I'll leave that to your interpretation.
5. Ditto. So... yes.
Hello! First, a correction - a while back, I sent in an ask saying the origin of the 'blood is thicker than water' phrase was originally about families of choice; in the last few years I actually looked for the origins of that and, unfortunately, that etymology is entirely unsourced and not backed up by historical record. So, I'm sorry for accidentally spreading that.
1. Was DeLamb's metagene activated before or after Tara's?
2. Was the Zatanna in Artemis' 'Limbo' really her, or part of Artemis' subconscious, like the part of her that knew she had to go back?
3. In Elder Wisdom, Tara told Slade the Outsiders' parents were grounding them, and Lex repeated that on television. We know the Outsiders saw that, since Jay responds (and him calling Lex a fascist on Twitter was a great moment, so thanks to whoever in the writer's room came up with that), but did they ever have any suspicions over who would've know about it and leaked it? It seemed kinda odd to me they didn't question that or wonder if they had a mole.
4. The show seems to be pretty consistent about showing scenes in the language the characters speak in - Atlantean scenes are all in the Atlantean conlang, unless someone's cast a translation spell, that sort of thing. So, does that mean when the Markovs reunited, they were actually speaking English among themselves, and if so, is there an in universe reason for that?
5. Artemis says she knew Tara was still with the Shadows from before they saved her - does this mean that Artemis was told about the Anti-Light without being a member?
1. His meta-gene was identified before Tara's but activated after. (She was, in essence, his guinea pig.)
2. All Artemis, all the time.
3. It's a fair question. I'd say they had bigger distractions at that time. And none of the older heroes - who knew there was a mole and who that mole was - would have encouraged worrying about that point.
4. Uh... Maybe... um... Gregor wanted to practice his English. Yeah! That's the ticket!
5. No. Again, the fact that heroes from different organizations exchanged information was nothing new. The Anti-Light, of course, went beyond that.
Why did the light allow granny goodness, one of darkseidâs loyal followers to join their ranks?
Seemed like a useful addition to the group. And for a time, it was.
Lex previously stated that he finds revenge a suckerâs game, but in season 3 he attacked the outsiders on tv simply because they destroyed a factory full of spider droids that he owned. Does he think that this doesnât count as revenge?
As G. Gordon pointed out, Lex was off his game. It happens to the best of us.
And obviously to the worst of us also.
1. Was ultra humanite actually Helgaâs mentor in the past or was that a lie Helga told violet?
2. Ultra Humanite and Gretchen didnât really seem to get along well in episode 22. Was this because halo should have been rightfully his according to the lightâs traditions. Or do they just not like each other?
2. He felt aggrieved.
I only met Peter Scolari on the handful of occasions that he came in to play Preston Vogel for us on Gargoyles. But he was wry and funny and thoroughly professional. He had most of his scenes with the late Robert Culp, who was a ton of fun bur a challenge in the booth. But Peter played off Culp wonderfully and kept the sessions flowing. Outside, the booth Peter had great stories that kept us laughing and fascinated.
And, man, was he talented. Gargoyles and Vogel aside, I ADORED Scolari in Bosom Buddies, and treasured his performances in Newhart.
He will be missed.
So... I had a LOT going on this past weekend.
On Saturday, DC FanDome premiered trailers for both CATWOMAN: HUNTED and YOUNG JUSTICE: PHANTOMS, and revealed that the first two episodes of the latter were dropping THAT DAY!
I spent considerable time online - and I don't usually do the online thing over the weekend; in fact, I don't even check my email most weekends - trying to #SpreadTheWord.
But to sum up, here's the news...
CATWOMAN: HUNTED, an anime movie based on my original script, is being released in early 2022. You can see the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPqTLS_g9c. It stars Elizabeth Gilles as Catwoman and Stephanie Beatriz as Batwoman. Voice directed by our old friend Jamie Thomason, it also features Jonathan Banks, Lauren Cohan, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Ron Yuan and my peeps, Steve Blum, Keith David, Zehra Fazal, Jonathan Frakes, Kelly Hu, Andrew Kishino, Eric Lopez and Jacqueline Obradors. Folks have asked me if it's in continuity with Young Justice. My answer: it's YJ-adjacent, much like that old Green Arrow/DC Showcase short I wrote years ago. A version of these events happened on Earth-16. If you're a completist, you're going to want to watch. (Also, I really think it turned out great!)
Meanwhile, the fourth season of YOUNG JUSTICE, i.e. YOUNG JUSTICE PHANTOMS, dropped its first two episodes this past Saturday on HBOMax. Episode 403 will drop this coming Thursday, 10/21. With another episode (through 413) dropping every Thursday through December 30th. The back half of the season (i.e. 414-426) will drop weekly in Spring, 2022. I'm truly excited for the fans to see the season - and evil creator that I am - also glad that the show isn't all dropping at once. I firmly believe television - especially a show like YJ - is a better experience if you have time to savor and sort and absorb and predict for a week in between episodes.
As for the fourth season's production, we have 21 episodes in the can and ready to air. The last five have all been animated and are currently in post-production. And since there was no IATSE strike today, we're still hard at work. (And to be clear, I'm a member of IATSE as part of the Animation Guild, and I was 100% supportive of the union.) We should be done with all 26 episodes by the end of November.
IMPORTANT ADDENDUM: YOUNG JUSTICE has NOT yet been picked up for a fifth season. So if fans want more of Earth-16, the answer is simple: #KeepBingingYJ (all four seasons) over and over. And over and over. And help us #SpreadTheWord. We want to #SaveEarth16.
So use the following hashtags ad nauseam - just as I'm doing in this post:
And watch the show on HBO Max!!! Please...
For international fans, I wish I could give you info on when any or all of the above will be available in your countries. But unfortunately, TPTB do not keep us folks in the trenches well-informed. Asking me over and over won't magically reveal that information to me so that I can reveal it to you.
Finally, by the time all my work was done on Saturday, I was completely exhausted and took a nap. In the nap, I dreamed I wrote a hit song. Seriously. Now, normally, my dreams slip away entirely upon waking. And even when I do remember the gist of a dream, the details are lost within seconds. But I actually woke up with a clear memory of the song - both the lyrics AND the tune. Here are the lyrics:
I'm taking my pants off,
Cuz it's that kind of party!
I'm walking a straight line,
And it's luminous!
That's the whole song. You can see why it was such a big hit in Dreamland. I'm expecting the Dream-Royalties to roll in any minute.
STAY WHELMED, everyone!