A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying #1 - #10 of 48 records. : 10 » : Last » :
Posts Per Page: 1 : 10 : 25 : All :
Rewatched "Bushido" today (I rewatched "Sentinel" yesterday, but had no new thoughts on it).
What most struck me this time around was the parallel to "Awakening", with Taro as like a less-serious version of Xanatos. The two specifics I noticed were the gargoyles' awakening in the theme park, which reminded me of the clan's first awakening in Manhattan, and their wondering if someone had moved the temple, which evoked Xanatos moving the castle to New York.
Those parallels were very intentional.
The Director knew exactly about Yama's situation and Hunter was able to blackmail him.
a) How did the Director of Yama learn?
b) How did the Director learn about Yamas exile and its reasons?
c) Does the Director really know where Yama's clan is or was it a bluff?
a. No spoilers.
b. No spoilers.
c. No spoilers.
1) How do the clans determine the names of newly-born members?
2) Did Nashville itself determined his name or were his parents?
1 a-d. No spoilers.
2. No spoilers.
What is the full name of Taro?
On which Japanese island is Ishimura?
1. Don't know.
2. Don't know.
I'd have to do some research to answer both questions.
I have looked everywhere and can not find the answer... I've learned a few from this site and two more elsewhere, but is there a complete list of "placeholder" or "script" names for the unnamed gargoyles in the show? If not, how can I research this better in order to make one? I would love to know all of Demona's clan, the rest of the Ishimura Clan, etc. Thank you for your time and bless you for making this show. Once a fan, always a fan! #stillgargoyles
For Demona's clan: https://gargwiki.net/Demona%27s_Clan
I don't think I do have placeholder or script names for the unnamed members of the Ishimura Clan.
Dear Mr. Greg Weisman,
Korea and Japan have very ancient blood ties and cultural relationships even if often we fought. Our two cultures and philosophies have a lot in common. Buddhism came to Japan through Korea, and Buddhism shaped a lot of bushido although that was not the only part.
Do any connections in genetics or in cultural contact exist between the Ishimura clan and the Pukhan clan?
I apologize if this is a spoiler request.
The short answer is yes. But beyond that, I'm going to call this a spoiler request. Sorry.
What is the actual number of Gargoyles and Gargoyle Beasts living in the Ishimura Clan?
I've never calculated it exactly. But I imagine it's one of the larger clans. Probably closer to 80 than 40.
I just realized that the second question I asked two days ago (about how Tom got from Avelon to Manhatten) is REALLY stupid...for some reason I was misremembering the entire situation and was thinking Tom went to Manhatten AFTER Goliath and co. got back from their trip (which makes absolutly no sense now that I remember correctly)...OOPS! Sorry. I'm verry much expecting a "Hey stupid, what the heck are you talking about?!" response to that question.
Anyway, since I don't want to clog the que with just an apology for screwing up a previous one, I'll ask a couple of actual questions too, this time regarding Brooklyn and Katana.
1. You once described their relationship as: "there's conflict." Can you elaborate (in a general sense, not specific situations...ie. they bicker a lot, they disagree on many things, ect.)?
2. I know that the real-world reason for Katana's name is the sward, but in-universe, did her clan use names? (Also, I know it's a "spoiler request," but if you feel like saying who gave her the name if it wasn't her clan, that would be awesome -- same for Foo Dog).
3. Were the parallels between the casts of the World Tour and Timedancer (ie. the lead Gargoyle: Goliath/Brooklyn; his mate: Elisa/Katana; the child: Angela/Nashville; and the beast: Bronx/Foo Dog) a deliberate decision or just a coincidence?
4. Has/will Foo Dog ever had/get a mate?
1. Watch Sam and Diane on Cheers or Beatrice and Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing.
2. We've established that the Ishimura Clan uses names. Whether they did back then is a SPOILER REQUEST.
3. More organic than anything. Keep in mind, it's just Brooklyn. Then it's Brooklyn, Finella and Mary. Later it's Brooklyn and Fu-Dog. Later still it's Brooklyn, Fu-Dog and Katana. Later still, it's Brooklyn, Fu-Dog, Katana and an egg. Then Brooklyn, Fu-Dog, Katana and Nashville. Then Brooklyn, Fu-Dog, Katana, Nashville and Egwardo. And that's assuming no one else temporarily joins them for some of the Dancing, a fact I'll neither confirm or deny.
4. SPOILER REQUEST.
So, with "Chaw" becoming canon you have established that at least some female beasts' eyes are red. First of all, I love this feature. It becomes a common tie in gargate physiology, it gives us a visual cue to determine beast gender (which would otherwise be readily lacking) and it just looks cool.
I do wonder though if you have any thoughts about any future appearances of Boudicca. Perhaps you've seen the Gargoyle Beast page on the GargWiki where Boudicca's eyes have been modified to be red rather than white as we saw in the show. Would you make this minor ret-con official if we see Boudicca in a Gargoyles project down the road? In your mind are all female beasts' eyes red? Or is there a reason that Chaw's are and Boudicca's are not?
What about the beast we saw briefly in Ishimura (with white eyes)? Is that beast male or female?
All female gargate eyes glow red. Mistakes may have been made and may continue to be made. But the rules are the rules. Boudicca's eyes should have burned red. Are you sure they didn't? I know sometimes the red tint is fairly washed out...
As for the Ishimura beast, for the time being, if his eyes glowed white, let's assume he was a male.
Given the current events in Japan (earthquake, tsunami, nuclear power plant problems), I thought this question might be somewhat relevant. Assuming the aforementioned events in Japan occured in the gargoyles universe, would the Japanese clan be safe?
I'm hoping that things getting better in Japan in the real world.
I'm sitting back in 1997. I can't see that far ahead.
: Displaying #1 - #10 of 48 records. : 10 » : Last » :