A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Did you make an arc about mars in phantoms specifically so you could save money on talking animation or was that something you already wanted to explore regardless of that? Or both?
Okay, (a), it doesn't save us any money. It saves the animators time, but we pay Studio Mir the same amount either way. It's not a budget issue, though I won't deny it doesn't hurt to have one less thing to worry about getting right.
And (b), the Mars arc was always planned. And we felt the time was right to explore M'gann's homeworld.
I'm in awe of how good Young Justice: Phantoms is so far, you and Brandon have certainly knocked it out of the ballpark again! I have two small questions that correlate to both Outsiders and Phantoms.
1.) What was the in-universe reason for Tim Drake to change his Robin outfit to the variation with the hooded cape? I personally thought it was a really cool-looking addition to the character's costume. In Phantoms, why did he choose to ditch the hood for an outfit more along the lines of his Invasion appearance?
2.) What was the in-universe reason for Cassie Sandsmark to trade in her original Wonder Girl outfit for a newer variation with knee-high boots and a dark red jumpsuit?
Thanks for your time! If writing was a superpower, then you'd be more powerful than Superman!
1. He was moving into an even more covert mode with "Batman, Inc." in S3. By S4, he had become a public hero again with the Outsiders. The general public knows about Robin and has since Dick's time. If they did the math, they must realize this can't be the same guy, but most people don't think that through.
2. She wanted a more grown-up superhero look, especially once she was taking over as leader of the Outsiders during Beast Boy's (now prolonged) absence. It was time.
1. Whose idea was it for Steve Dayton to sound like Alan Rickman?
2. Do Bio-ships reproduce by parthenogenesis or coitus?
3. Not so much a question as a request: please get Virgil a girlfriend. Daisy, Frieda, Madison, whoever. Please!
1. I'm not sure I remember. Maybe Scott Menville's. Maybe Jamie Thomason's.
2. Isn't it visually obvious in episode 401? (I hope the answer is yes, that way I don't have to look up parthenogenesis.)
3. #WeDon'tTakeRequests #WeCan'tTakeSuggestions But who says he doesn't already have one?
How long has Dr. Jace worked for the Markov family?
Not going to nail that down at this time for you, but it's safe to say she's been working for them long enough to be trusted implicitly. And she was already working for them when Tara was abducted.
Was Baron Delamb fourth in line for the throne of Markovia?
He wasn't in line at all. After Viktor, came Gregor, then Brion, and then Tara. After Tara, would come some cousin or other on the Markov side of the family.
Was the Legion part of your plans for Young Justice from when you and Brandon first developed the show and season one? Or, were they a later addition?
Without getting into specifics of exactly when and where we planned for them to show up, they were always part of our initial plan.
Who created those speakers that Gar uses when he is in beast form? How do they work? What is their name?
1. Well, if you're asking who created the core technology that they utilize, the answer is the Brain.
2. They translate mental speech impulses into a synthesized voice.
3. We call them "the little speakers on Beast Boy's collar."
Dear Mr Weisman i have some Young justice related questions for you 1. Does Mrs M'orzz watch hallmark movies on a frequent basis as she was more familiar with the purpose a wedding ring then Mr M'orzz was? 2 Are any of Miss Martian sibling's (Em'ree and M'comm aside) members of the yellow Martian order? 3. what does Black canary do for a living?
1. Only ones starring Danica McKellar or Lacey Chabert.
2. No spoilers.
3. She's a therapist, and she also owns a flower shop.
I have 2 questions about Doctor Fate.
1: Do people have to consent to let Nabu possess their body? For Example would it have been possible for the Team or Kent Nelson to just have him possess some evil magic user such as Wotan or Orm by placing the helm on their head against heir will?
2: Does Doctor Fate have access to any non-mystical powers of their human host? He didn't seem to have super speed when possessing Wally, but I am not sure if he just didnt try to(which would be understandable as mid-battle isn't the best place to try out new powers).
1. I mean obviously the Team or the League wouldn't do that. But whether it's possible is a fair question. It's clearly possible for Nabu to RETAIN control over someone against their will. But does the initial possession require consent? I'm going to tentatively say no. But that even Nabu wouldn't take possession without consent.
2. He would have any powers and abilities that the host body possesses.
I love Prince Jâemm! Such a pure and beautiful person he is! Have some questions about him! Please and thank you!
1. How did Jâemm met Syâraa and how long have the know each other?
2. As the future king, how is Jâemmâs reputation among his people?
3. Does he have any siblings?
4. Will Jâemm appear in more future episodes in Season 4?
5. Does Jâemm ever wish to travel to Earth or the just visit other worlds in general?
1. There's obviously a story in that. I try not to tell stories here at ASK GREG.
1a. Until this story is told, I prefer not to pin that down.
2. Very strong among the more progressive set. He makes the more reactionary set nervous.
3. No spoilers.
4. No spoilers.
5. For now, I'll leave that to your interpretation.