A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. Can you explain the differences between Control Chip used by Light and it's operative in season 3, the Starro tech from season 1 and Mad Hatter Nanobots, do all 3 of them have the same results or are their differences in how they work. 2. Does Starro Tech mind control require a magic user necessarily to mind control someone.
3. How exactly does the Mad Hatter's nano-tech work, Is his mind control like total mindless control or is it similar to the technology used in Light's mind control starro. I ask because Livewire, Mist and Shade who were being controlled by Nano-tech still have a personality and had quirks which seem in line with their actual personality for example the innuendo based jokes made by Livewire and how she is often seen smiling or how Mist is afraid of being hit. Does this mean during mind control they retain their personality and essentially are reprogrammed which changes their objective like they have to follow the command but on the inside feel reluctant about doing it because it seemed to me Livewire was enjoying this a little too much.
I have a question that hopefully won't be considered a spoiler by the time you get it.
I'm baffled by Jade's decision to stay on Infinity Island AFTER Sensei admitted to manipulation. Did that admission not matter to her? I understand her concerns about not wanting to drag Lian into "the life"... but does she still consider Sensei and Ra's trustworthy enough to believe Sensei's statement about rehab and not being in the business anymore? I'm a bit surprised Artemis agreed to it so easily, too. If the answer doesn't constitute a spoiler, could you explain her headspace a bit?
1. Is John Stewart with HawkWoman? If so how long have they been together? If not, Will they ever get together?
2. How old is Fire?
3. How old is Ice?
4. How old is Wolf?
1. If any more Gargoyles projects ever get launched, have you considered what platform you want it have? Streaming on exclusive platform or TV? It would be amazing to have a more mature rating, so Gargoyles can tell mature stores without worrying about censoring anything.
2. I donât know if you answered this already, but just in case - what are Gargoyles views of sexuality? Lexington is gay, Iâm curious about how they views of LBGTQ.
3. I think Gargoyles would an awesome video game one day! Have you ever thought about it? I play with Brooklyn (my favorite) the most, what about you?
4. I know you love make allusions your works in your other shows. Will there for allusions to Gargoyles in upcoming episodes of Young Justice? Zatannaâs arc is next, Iâll keep my eyes peel!
5. Aside of Gabriel and Angela, I wish we could know more about the Avalon clan! I know during a break in the World Tour arc, Goliath spend time with the them. Was any moments you would have like to have show with Goliath bonding with his children and introducing more named members of the clan?
So I had a question with regards to Face Your Fears-
1. Wally is the first one to break out of the effects of Medusa Mask which he cites is probably due to his fast metabolism. Was this assessment of Wally wrong or right.
2. Does this mean Wally has more resistance or will the effects of emotion manipulation will have a shorter impact, basically does his fast metabolism give him any advantages.
3. Also Why has the Light not been able to create a speedster as fast as Barry, Wally or Jay, as you have revealed earlier Jaculi and Trajectory are both slower is it because of Barry's notes which the Light doesn't have, so does that mean Barry's note are under lock and key meanwhile Light has weaker speedsters than even Barry.
Big fan of Gargoyles! Thank for creating it! No matter how many years has past, it has been an all-time favorite! I have a few questions:
1. Does Lexington finds a mate of his own?
2. What does Brooklynâs daughter, Tachi, look like? And whatâs her personality like?
3. What is Nashvilleâs personality like?
4. Does Yama eventually return to his clan and reunite with Sora?
5. Before finding a mate in Katana, did Brooklyn developed any small romantic feelings for anyone Time-Dancer adventures?
"Has he ever get into legal problem with the in-universe Warner Bros company because of that?"
Greg responds: "1. The use was legally "de minimus," i.e. a small use for purposes of parody. The whole episode has a Wile E. Coyote vibe, so having the pie-gun come from "Acme," made sense. If we wanted to do the "Mr. Acme" spin-off series, we might have legal trouble, I suppose."
...Uh, actually, I was asking about if Mr. Acme himself git into any legal problem with the Gargoyles' version of Warner Brothers company.
Now on a completly unrelated note, It's been confirmed on more than one occassion that the Likes of Dracula and Santa Claus exist on Garg verse, and more than a few characters of literature (particulary Shakespeare literature) are real as well, which has made me wonder:
1) Were Don Quixote and Macunaima real people within Garg-verse or were they just as fictional as in our world?
2) Were fairy tales Like Little Red Ridding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and the Juniper Tree real within Garg-verse in some way or form? After all, All Myths are true, just rarelly accurate...
1 Do the light have other special positions for their agents like the enforcer for the light?
2 Does the enforcer of the light have any special authority over other light agents?
3 All the enforcers for the light were skilled fighters with no powers. Was this intentional or a coincidence?
Why did shade join the league of shadows?
1 Did every purist turn on ocean master after he was exposed(like wynde and Ronal) or were there some that refused to believe ocean master betrayed them and still served him?
2 Why did the purist think ocean master had the same goal as them? He attacked Aquaman in the past who the purist had no problem with.
3 Did ocean master consider the consequence of destroying the heroes family, but he was at a point where he did just not really care anymore?
4 Atlanteans have super durable skin in the comics so how was lady Shiva able to cut off ocean masterâs head like it was nothing? Did she use a special blade or are atlanteans far less durable in the young justice universe?
5 Were there some citizens of Atlantis that supporter orm as king?(obviously before he was revealed to be ocean master)
Hi, Just wanna say I absolutely love Young Justice. Itâs been a big part of my life, and one of the main sources of joy in my life tbh. Anywho, hehe I have a few questions. (I do apologize if youâve already answered any of these, there were a LOT of answered questions to try and scroll through, but itâs so nice to see the love for YJ & Gargoyles)
1.) Thereâs a certain character who you unfortunately were not able to like (canonically?) make L(G)BT in the show. Now that it has moved to HBO Max, is it possible for him to âcome outâ?
2.) Is there going to be more LGBTQ+ characters to come?
3.) Will Raven &/ Trigon make an appearance?
I have so many more questions but I know youâre a busy person, so Iâll just stick with these few for now. Thank you for making something that brings a lot of joy to my life and many others :)
Why was Garfield's last name no change from logan to farr after rita farr adoped garfield after queen bee killed marie logan ?
What is Broadwayâs opinions on Westerns, and Showdown in particular following the events of Deadly Force?
How tall is Icicle Junior in Young Justice S1? Did he have a height bump in the following appearances in Outsiders? DEFINITELY A GLOW UP!
Why did miss martian not want beast boy and superman to help her and her uncle john find her white martian brother on mars instead seen beast boy and superman back to earth ?
After Superboy talk at the UN in last episode of young justice outsiders why people who own bikes that Conner fixes not realize Conner is superboy ?
1. Why did you change Deathstroke's voice and design between Invasion and Outsiders (The latter moreso than the former considering actors are less static over the course of a half decade than character designs)?
2. Why, in-universe, did Deathstroke ditch his claymore between Invasion and Phantoms?
So this post is going to be about Barbara and the sequence of how she becomes Oracle in your series.
For starters, one change I greatly enjoyed is the fact you made Barbra lose her legs in the LINE OF DUTY. I mean this in a good way, but rarely do we see the heroes get hurt in significant way that impedes them. For Barbara, getting hurt on a mission like reminds us that this is dangerous work yet she does it regardless of the risk. I never liked the way it is handled in Killing Joke, as just reduces Barbra to feeling like a mere victim. And I know that serves the main theme of that story, i.e random tragedy, but it always felt like a bit of disservice to her character.
Now to the negative stuff. Or maybe the nitpicking stuff? Ok, so one thing I do enjoy in a story is the consistency of knowledge in how characters react to the story. The audience/viewer often have an omnipresent view of events. We know things that happening that the characters do not. One example is how we know the Light are the ones behind everything in Season 1, yet the heroes still believe it to be the work of the Injustice League because that's all the information they have. And this is reflected in how they operate going forward until they get more information on the Light. Characters knowing things that should be out of their scope is something I dislike because of how inconsistent it appears especially when it's done for convenience of the writers to have characters know or react to things in some manner despite them not knowing something.
This brings me to the exchange between Barbara and Orphan.
'I did it to save you'
This is great sentiment, but it feels very much unearned, since Barbara, by all accounts does not know this person she is saving, nor does she know what kind of impact these words will have on her.
We know who Orphan is based on what Cheshire said. She was raised her entire life to be a living weapon, trained to kill and could never be anything beyond that. Barbara stopping her from killing, at the expense of her legs makes an impact on Orphan because it rattles the world view she was raised with and such an act of empathy is not something she would be used.
But Barbara (as far as I can tell) does NOT know anything about Orphan's circumstances. Artemis did not even know anything until Cheshire told her. And I have to assume Batman only learned about Orphan's background after taking her in. From Barbara's point of view, this is just a random Shadow sent by the Light to kill the Joker. Kinda like all those Shadow goons the heroes often beat up. The heroes don't know that this one is special, while the audience does know this. What if this had been Black Spider, Rictus, Sportsmaster or Deathstroke? I know Barbara would save the Joker regardless, but it's not like she would take Slade's hand and say she was trying to save his soul. Another point is that Barbara does not know if Orphan has killed prior to this incident. Hell, I don't think even the audience knows if Orphan has killed before this. So, it comes off as little naive for her to say that this was done to protect Orphan from the act of taking a life.
Basically, if my inane rambling makes any sense, what I'm trying to say is that exchange between Barbara and Orphan is unearned and lacks an emotional investment. Or at least did for me, not necessarily others. Itâs justâ¦.Barbara saying she wants to help this random assassin requires more depth between her and Orphan than what was presented. And it seems to rely on the fact the audience is well aware of Orphan's situation, but the characters in the show are not. WE know this saves Orphan, but Barbara does not know this. If this had been another Shadow, I'd imagine they would just leave Barbara to bleed out and go on their merry way.
But now I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a second. I suppose that since Orphan actually stopped in the middle of her mission, kneeling in front of the wounded Barbara and even taking off her mask may have been enough of an indication to Barbara that she was not some cold blooded assassin but a genuine first timer. I guess Barbara was going out on limb based on Orphan's veryâ¦..human reaction?
I don't want anything that I said to come off asâ¦.bad. But I want to be honest too. I love Young Justice greatly as much as I love Gargoyles (and WITCH btw), so I want to be constructive when I criticize it. Maybe things will play out as the show goes further, I will wait and see. Maybe there was more to your thought process on this all worked that I am simply not seeing. But those were my thought on how you handled Barbara becoming Oracle.
Looking forward to rest of Season 4
Has Beast Boy met Superman's Jonathan before conner died on mars?
Have you by some chance seen or read "March Comes In Like A Lion"/"3-gatsu no Lion", somehow the storytelling in that is very reminiscent of your style of writing, if you have not I highly recommend you watch it.
During the trial of the league on Rimbor, When the league tries to say Vandal Savage controlled them the aliens observing them say all the info is on the poet-watcher( at least that's what the caption say
) So what is a poet-watcher and its purpose.
1)Is Artemis Terra's mentor?
2)How would you characterize their relationship? I ask because I get the impression after Outsiders that they're really tight.
3) A lot of these mentor-protege relationships seem to blur the lines between teacher, friend, and family member, don't they?
Hello Greg, how are you? I hope you are okay!
I was searching in the 'Ask Greg' Archives about the main gargoyles biological parents and some questions arose from old answers. Here I go:
1 - In February 03, 2000 'Skylar' asked if you could tell anything about Lexington's parents. Your answer was "Nope.
I don't think that way. There's a whole generation of gargoyles who were Lexington's parents". But can you give us any hints about Lexington actual biological parents?
2 - In September 25, 2000 'White' asked if you had created Goliath parents, how they would look like. Your answer was "I'm not that interested in Goliath's bio-parents specifically". After 21 years, does that answer still the same? If not, can you give any hints about them?
3 - In October 23, 2003 Gus Gustavson asked if Goliath had brothers or sisters. Your answer was "Odds are he had one or two". So, Goliath could be the youngest of them?
4 - In August 10, 2007 'Derek' asked if will we ever see the biological parents of Demona, Goliath, Lexington or Brooklyn in the comics in Flashbacks. Your answer was "Sure. But you might not know it, as it's of no moment to these characters". Do you still plan showing them as some sort of easter egg, in the background? (Honestly, I would be glad to see just that).
5 - In March 20, 2013 'Eileanna' asked if 'Sacrifice' and 'Second' were Lexington parents. You answer was 'SPOILER REQUEST'. So I ask: did Lexington had biological brothers or sisters?
6 - In September 30, 2015 'J' asked a bunch of questions about the Avalon Clan and their biological relationships to the Manhattan Clan. One of them was about Bronx and possibly a brother or sister in the Avalon Clan. Your answer was "no coment". So I ask: was Bronx the first biological offspring of 'Chaw' and 'Chomp'?
7 - Did Demona had biological brothers or sisters? Was she the youngest of them?
8 - A Dark Age question: apart from Hudson and his mate, other rookery siblings of 878 would be still alive by 971?
9 - Another Dark Age question: did Hudson had his own 'mentor' in 971? Or was the 878 generation the oldest at that point?
10 - Finally, have you considered releasing some kind of visual encyclopedia of the Gargoyles?
Thanks in advance for your answers and your patience. And thank you for creating this amazing show. All the best!
Ps: I know, I know... I should stop thinking this relations like a human. But the visuals of the gargoyles are something that I can not pass by, that is why I want to know about parents, siblings and so forth.
Ps2: I am hoping that Disney+ announces Gargoyles - Season 3 soon, the same way they announced X-Men 97. #keepwatchinggargoyles
How long is bio-ship life spawn?
Why did Kid Flash trust Queen Perdita with his real name was wally west ?
How and why and when did queen perdita learn kid flash's name was wally west ?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. Did Night wing forgive Orphan for what she Unintentionally did to Bat girl when they first met or does he have some resentment of her but is still mature about it? 2.How did Dubbilex, Jim, and everyone else in geranium city react when they herd about what happened to Superboy on mars? 3 . Does Brooklyn maine seem like an odd town to you as well? because apart From the Mayor Sheriff Maguire and the newsgirls the town seemed empty. most places in Brooklyn where closed Miss Rodriguez seemed to be the only patren in the library in the season 3 episode Brooklyn Maine was featured and (yes i know it can count as both a Newsboy legion and i. q. reforince as well) Gaby Gabrielli sead she had a study date with ''Big words'' before she corrected herself somthing about all of it seems odd to me
Why does Halo wear a hijab but then wear a skintight bodysuit?
Hi Greg - YJ is a great show that obviously resonates with a lot of people. But sometimes I feel like the writers don't realize why people love the show so much.
I think most people got hooked on the character development and world-building of Season 1. Seeing our favorite comic characters reimagined in this unique universe you've created. The rest of the seasons have been more focused on driving the plot forward, at the expense of character. The time skip disappointed a lot of people because years of character development and interactions happened off screen. And as the cast got bigger, it became clear that only some characters were going to get screentime while others were basically scenery. This was also disappointing for the fans of characters that were introduced in later seasons; especially for characters that have never been properly portrayed in DC media like Cassie, Tim, Cissie, Cassandra, Stephanie, etc. I wanted to see all of them get the same type of treatment the Season 1 cast got, but there are so many characters that we barely know anything about. And with the time skips, we may never get to know them because the writers have decided they're not important for the plot.
I remember lots of fans gave you this type of feedback during Season 2, and you tbh you were kind of dismissive about it and then doubled down on the approach in Season 3. I know this is ultimately your show, but I wish you would take the feedback from the fans who fell in love with it.
Was Queen Perdita at Garfield Logan's 16 birthday party ? Were was Garfield's 16 birthday party held at ? Why did Tara not apologize to Queen Perdita for trying to kill Peredia's boy friend Garfield Logan ?
Was there any protest in the UN on Batman inc rejoining the justice league? Seems weird that superheroes can just quit the justice league, become vigilantes who donât follow the UNâs rules and later rejoin with no problem
Does Tigress's uniform have stealth-tech? If so, why did she not use it when sneaking around Santa Prisca in 4x07?
How do Miss Martian's parents feel out Miss Martian and Beast Boy viewing each other as sister and brother ? Does Miss MARTIAN's parents view Beast boy as being part of thier family ?
Hi Mr Weisman,
In Ep7 of YJ: Phantoms, Nightwing requests a medevac to someone known as A33. This sounds like a guest designation, but I can't find who it is assigned to. Could you tell us who that was, or is it someone brought up later in the season? Thanks.
Why did Beast Boy not tell about or show his girlfriend Queen Perdita the outsiders base call the Hub ?
Hey Greg, are there plans for a next season or even a spin-off after this season if it is the finale?
Jade always acts "pissy" when she talks to Artemis. My reading of Jade's attitude is that it's a cover for her feelings of guilt over having not been a better sister or mother. Is this a good reading?
Regarding the Team's spytech lenses. They all have a dedicated logo. I noticed that the heroes who have chest logos, usually have matching interface logos. But those who don't (like Spoiler and Arsenal) usually have a customized logo.
I love them.
Who came up with them and what are the criteria for them?
Why is Beast Boy ok with Miss Martian using his mother Marie Logan form in young justice timeline ?
Why Beast Boy not happy Miss Martian's sister Em'ree Jonzz using his mom's form but Garfield Logan is ok with Miss Martian using his mom's form in young justice season 4 episode 1 Inhospitable ?
Dear Mr weisman while i am sure that Oracle forgave her for a tragic event that occurred when they first met Does Orphan still blame herself for what happened to Bat girl that day ?
At what age did Robin become Nightwing on Earth 16 and how did his teammates react?
I keep hearing about these "Red Arrow Journals". What are they?
When exactly did the infiltrators steal the JL Computer intel? Was it when Cassandra was lying next to the Zeta-Tube?
If she already had the intel, then why didn't Shade simply teleport her out? This way they would get the intel and keep Cassandra's cover to use again in the future.
can you tell when is jason todd death day? only month and day
Hello Mr Weisman.
Just writing a little thing here because I'm kind of worried about the lgbt+ direction of the show. Well, not really a direction, but more and more characters are revealing to be homosexuals or else... Don't you think you're dangerously falling into basic silly positive discrimination here ?
Because I'm scared that this show I love so much is becoming a parody of a "woke show", which I feel would be awful.
Now, you're the writer and you're in control, and I'd never, even if I could, take that control away from you, no matter what you do, because that's YOUR show, right !
So I'm just asking : are you aware of positive discrimination, and don't you think you're falling into this and ruining characters by doing that ? Or risking to ?
Hello Greg !
Love what you and Brandon did with young justice, a timeline going on its own, and the scenario is brilliant ! My question would be : will you continue the show after you've come to the end of your story ? Because I'm scared that it ends up like shows like Arrow and Flash who only make a next season as long as the studios command one more, and they have nothing more to say but they still go on... Please don't ^^
But anyway thank you very much for this show, it's a writing gem and a true pleasure to any fans of Dc !
Are Tim and spoiler together ? ( please say no )
So now that Tim and Cassie are over I guess youâre going to put him with spoiler. Well fine but I only hope youâre not going to devolope that more than you did with Tim and Cassie because it would be so unfair
It's great that you're working with the Muslim Public Affairs Council on Halo, but in the future would you consider hiring more writers of color when creating these types of characters? I think a lot of the issues with Halo could've been avoided if there was an Arab/Muslim woman in the room. Increasing diversity in entertainment needs to extend to all areas.
Hey Greg! Love Young Justice. I started rewatching S3 the other day and started wondering about the construction of the team. What's the in-universe reason Dick Grayson chose Jefferson Pierce to be on his Markovia squad?
I'm assuming Dick asked the people closest to him who weren't otherwise occupied or involved in Batman's quitting drama--i.e. no Batman members, no League members, and no leader of the Team. That leaves Artemis and Conner and Will from the original team, but Will was more interested in taking care of Lian. But why Jeff? Did he and Dick develop a close relationship in-between seasons, or does Dick trust Jeff because Jeff's recent resignation was a sign that he can be trusted to care about completing the mission/helping people without stirring up unnecessary drama in the then-somewhat-fractured superhero community?
I know that Jefferson plays an important role later in the season that only he could do, and also that his role in the season is a nod to the Batman and the Outsiders storylines, but y'all are pretty good at clearly establishing cause and effect for your characters' relationships, so I wanted to know if there was anything I missed that led to Dick trusting Jefferson so much that when he recruited him for the mission, he specifically said he came for the man, not the powers.
Thanks for all you do!
After Goliath died at some point between 2004 and 2188...
A. Where was his funeral held?
B. Was Goliath's body buried or cremated?
C. Was the person/people who was/were responsible for killing Goliath eventually brought to justice or did they somehow managed to escape?
Iâve been rewatching Young Justice Outsiders, and I noticed Beast Boyâs darkwear icon is two Bâs facing back to back! Wouldnât it have made more sense if his icon was a green paw print?
What happens to a light memberâs power base after they get captured or killed? Do they just get dissolved or does the light keep control of them?
Were there any real-life events that didn't happen in the Gargoyles universe Post 1994?
Where does Gregor Markov live at after Brion took the throne in last episode of young justice outsiders ?
Why did Superman trust Garfield with Garfield knowing superman's man is Clark Kent by the time of young justice season 4 ? Why did Miss Martian send Garfield back to Earth with Superman when Miss Martian stay on mars looking for her white martian brother ? Why did Garfield not want to see Perdita's speech after watching king Brion's speech in episode Artemis Looking Through The Looking Glass ?
1 Was the joker more pissed off by the fact that he was used like a pawn by the light or that he was the only one not in on it?
2 since the joker was aware savage was a part if the light. Was he also aware that lex luthor was a member? Is that a part of the reason Why he decided to bomb the UN
3 Does the joker also now desire revenge against the other injustice league members for not letting him in on their true goal?
1) In "Elder Wisdom", Wonder Girl mentions that she's been on the Team for two years. But since she joined in Team Year Five and made this comment at the beginning of Team Year Nine, was this a mistake?
2) In "Home Fires", Ocean-Master mentions that he's been in an Atlantean prison for six years. Given that this episode takes place in Team Year Eight, can his dialogue here be taken as confirmation that he was brought to justice and locked up in Team Year Two?
Greg, I love your work on Star Wars Rebels, Spectacular Spider Man, and Young Justice. What I would like to ask is why in the new season of young justice you adapted a certain character's origin.
P.S: love you Greg keep being awesome
Hi Mr. Weisman, really love watching Phantoms and the fruits of your labor! I had a bit of a different question for you.
You said in the past that you were impressed with Avatar: The Last Airbender and you were planning on watching The Legend of Korra after.
1) What did you think about the sequel series? Particularly in relation to its predecessor?
2) I know you try to keep your own work original and you try to avoid taking outside ideas, but were there certain elements (story or character) from either Avatar:TLA or TLOK that you felt were interesting to use in your stories?
3) If you had an opportunity to work within that universe, would you craft a story with gambits that you're so famously known for or would you take a different direction than usual?
Thank you again. Young Justice and Avatar/Korra were large elements of my childhood and what stands out to me are the very strong themes, characters, and over-arching narrative. I feel pretty blessed to be part of a generation that could have not only enjoyed it but grew up with them as well.
How did Miss Martian find out Garfield Logan was living with Rita after Marie Logan's death ? How did M'gann were learn were Rita and Garfield wee living at to visit Garfield Logan ? How did Rita react when first Miss Martian ? How did Rita find out Marie Logan was dead ? How did Miss Martin learn Marie Logan was dead ?
After episode Image Did Miss Martian visit Garfield and Marie Logan more thane one time before Queen Bee kill Marie Logan ?
I am asking about young justice timeline Beast Boy and Superman in the questions .
When did Beast Boy learn Clark Kent was superman ? Who told Beast Boy Clark Kent was superman ? Why Superman trust Beast Boy to allow Beast Boy to know Superman's name was Clark Kent ? How did beast Boy react to learning Clark Kent was Superman ?
Minor question: is there a particular reason you had Atlanteans speaking more formally (i.e. little to no use of contractions) after "Infiltrator"?
Why do you hate Tim Drake so much, Greg? Are you getting back at the people who harassed you for using Dick instead of Tim in S1?
LOL mostly joking - I know there are lots of supporting characters that people would like to see more of. But it does kind of seem like you don't like the character too much. His appearance in that S3 episode where Nightwing is sick and he doesn't say a word still kills me.
You have stated previously that Batwoman and Elongated Man both debuted as superheroes in Team Year Six. Who debuted earlier in that year?
How did Martian Manhunter react when Miss Martian told him about meting Garfield and Marie Logan and blood she gave to Garfield for Garfield to live ? How did Martian Manhunter react to information M'gann was taking Garfield Logan to mount justice to live with her when she did ? When did miss Martian tell her uncle john about meeting marie and garfield logan ?
Greg, first I wanted to thank you for continuing to explore Jade's character, love her bigger presence in Phantoms. Question: hpw fun is writing Artemis and Jade relationship?
Why did Artemis never strip-search Cassandra for anything suspicious. Considering they had no idea if Cassandra or Onyx was a mole and they brought all those outside sources to confirm if they were speaking the truth. A strip-search sounds like a basic precaution. Which would have allowed them to discover cassandraâs glamour charm and see through her deception
I hope this doesn't come off as a lewd sounding set of questions, but
1. Was Gabriele Daou a virgin prior to her death?
2. As of the end of Season 3, is Halo a virgin?
I understand that if the to question one is yes, then question two may seem a little redundant, but technically Halo would never have experienced sex before, even though she may a 'body' that has experienced sex before.
Why did superman 's punch not kill miss martian when he hit her during battle on watchtower between the justice league and the team at the end of young justice season one ?
Does the UN know about the light? If so how much do they know
What species is bio-ship and her kin?
What's the name of those lenses the Team use? Who invented them? When?
On Mars what was reason behind the person's mission kill Superboy in young justice season 4 ?
Why did Superman not realize Beast Boy was having mental heath issues when both travel back together to earth after Superboy's death ? What did Miss Martian's sister Em'ree Jones have inside the object she had with her when she as to go to earth with with miss martian and their uncle john in young justice phantoms episode 7 ?
About that last question sorry if it came off rude
What was the relationship between Tim and Cassie like? I heard the relationship is now toast so I hope this isnât a spoiler.
This is before Miss Martian and Superboy and Beast Boy went to Mars Why did Superboy leave Beast Boy's team outsiders ?
How did Paul react when he learn Garfield Logan was meta human ? During the time of the events of young justice outsiders how did Garfield Logan's Godfather Paul react after he learn Garfield had form his outsider superhero team ? How did Paul react he learn Garfield was dating Queen Perdita ? How did Paul react after he lean his boss Gretchen Goode was was a alien after Cyborg exposed her merging back her other self on tv ?
Young Justice Questions Regarding Joker:
1. After Red Hood became Joker in 2000, did his mind become so messed up that completely forgot his real name?
2. In "Batman: Three Jokers," Batman told Alfred that he figured out Joker's real name within one week after their first encounter, but he never revealed it because it was not important, and doing so would haven endangered Joker's wife (Jeannie) and his son; both who were in a witness protection program. As such, what are the chances that Batman figured out Joker's real name in the YJ universe?
3. The recent episode of YJ: Phantoms showed that even though Joker was not directly involved in Barbara's paralysis, he still played a part in it. As such, what could that also mean in regards to his role in Jason Todd's death in the YJ universe? Does that mean the Joker likely did not have a direct hand in Jason's death?
While I appreciate you taking feedback on Halo from us Muslim fans and trying to improve her representation, I honestly think she's too flawed to be fixed for a number of reasons:
1. Gabrielle Daou. I think this is an odd name for a Muslim Arab character. Gabrielle derives from Gabriel, which is a Biblical name. The Quranic version is Jibril (the archangel) and as far as I know there's no feminine version...plus a lot of Muslims don't like to use the names of the angels for humans in the first place. It would've been better to give her an Islamic name; there are SO many with beautiful meanings that you could've played with. And the surname Daou is not one I've seen before, so I could be wrong about this - I've tried researching and it's been hard to find information about its origins. It doesn't appear to be a very common surname, I'm curious how you guys even found it because it's not in any of the lists of most common Arab or Muslim surnames I encountered. But from what I can gather, it's mostly seen in Lebanon. I don't know exactly where Qurac is in the YJ universe, but I know in DC it's typically around Saudi Arabia and Iraq. If that's the case, there are lots of surnames more common to that area you could've used to make it more accurate or you could've used a more common Muslim surname. This may come off as nit-picky, but I think these sorts of things matter if you're going to make her ethnicity and religion a central part of her character. We're past the days of making vaguely Arab characters with traits from several different cultures like Disney's Aladdin.
2. Going off that, you've got an American South Asian woman voicing her doing a generic "brown voice"...I'm an American South Asian woman myself and that does not feel right to me. South Asian and Arab cultures are often blended together in Western media (Aladdin again) and they're very different. Why not make Halo Pakistani since the voice actor knows Urdu or use a voice actor who speaks Arabic to create a more accurate accent?
3. What is the reason Violet continues to wear the hijab? She just says it "feels right." One of my biggest pet peeves with how Muslims are portrayed in Western media is thinking that every Muslim woman wears a head scarf because the Quran says so. It's actually a huge source of debate within the religion, people have different interpretations of what modesty means, and many of us do not believe in wearing it. Then on top of that, there's the politics surrounding it. Of course I respect the women who do choose to wear it and the ones who do have a variety of reasons why. If Halo is supposed to be hijabi representation, it'd be great to know why she chooses to continue to wear it and maybe help dispel some of the stereotypes around it. As of now, it kind of seems like she only wears it because Gabrielle was a Muslim and that's what she thinks Muslims do.
4. The whole concept of the motherbox occupying the body of a dead Muslim girl. It almost feels like whitewashing in a way - you've got a character who's coded as Muslim but really isn't one. I don't know if that's the best way to describe it, but it just feels icky to me.
I'm sorry for the length and I know none of this was intentional. But it just feels like there was not enough research done when creating this character and it would've been better to have an Arab Muslim writer help create her. I do not like her as Muslim representation and I'd really like to see less emphasis on that aspect of her character. In my opinion, "Gabrielle Daou" died and her identity as a Muslim died with her. Violet Harper is a different person who simply occupies her body, so Islam does not need to continue to be a central part of Halo's character.
Since when have Bruce and Giovanni known each other?
Who is A33 whom Nightwing called for medical support?
1 Did mâcomm genuinely think that his failed bomb attack was still a victory? Or was he just making excuses so that his followers wouldnât lose faith
2 Why did poison ivy reveal the truth about the injustice league to the joker? What did she have to gain from turning the joker against the light?
3 Why did Lady Shiva show the Joker's video to orphan? Couldnât she have just ordered her to kill him? It wouldn't really have mattered to her why she had to kill him anyway.
4 Why did orphan care that she crippled batgirl wasnât killing people a thing she was raised to do since birth?
5 If lady Shiva wanted orphan back why did she wait so long to retrieve her?
1. How broke is Green Arrow?
-Hes dressed rather smart for someone whos broke.
-He could afford a hospital room for Speedy.
-Hes able to afford to run several vaults fully equipped with weaponry and the electrical bill that comes with it. He also repaired the damage from the bomb Speedy planted in it.
-He can afford arrows for himself and his protege.
-He can support himself and Roy (and probably also the medical bills that come with sending him to therapy, etc.)
2. How successful is Bowhunter Security?
3. How was Roy a shareholder in Bowhunter despite being a minor? Was Ollie a caretaker for his share as his guardian?
4. Did Ollie help Will start his Private Security business? How did he find investors for it?
When Orphan is held prisoner by the Shadows why did they take her shoes?
1) How were Jade and Artemis not put into foster care since Crusher was clearly an unfit parent?
2) Is it wishful thinking to assume that he might be a better grandfather than he was a father?
2) Which might he prefer to be called: Grandpa, Granddad, or Pop-Pop?
Why is Garfield Logan not surprise seeing Batgirl not ably to walk in young justice outsiders if Garfield left the team before batgirl lost her ability to walk ?
Garfield and Perdita love each other and Queen Perdita need a husband to have a heir to her throne so why did you mister Greg choose Garfield and Perdita would not get married as adults ?
Why would a master strategist like Vandal Savage risk pissing off a chaotic element like the Joker by not letting him in on the joke?
Was Mad Hatter active as a Gotham supervillain when Jade and Artemis came up with their code, or did he start later?
1.Does the Masked singer (US and all international versions) exist In the Young justice universe? 2. why Did Terra after She meet Forager for the time call him a Hippo when he looks nothing like one and is clearly an alien insect?
I'm working on a paper that compares the original Shakespeare play, Macbeth, to the version on the Gargoyles show. If you are okay with it, I would love to get a quote from you to use in the paper. My question is this: Are there any plots/subject matter that you wouldn't have tackled in Gargoyles if it weren't animated? If yes, which ones and why?
So did Batgirl know that this was Orphans first mission cause the exchange about trying to save her is really weird if they didn't know.
Quick questions about the Bio-Ship species. I understand that they are like horses on Mars, and there bodies are made of materials that allow them travel through space and through planetary atmospheres without injury. Making them Way More resistant to heat than the sentient Martians.
1. I would like to know how the Bio-ship converts the Martian atmosphere inside the ship into Earth atmosphere and Vis Versa. Does the ship inhale the Higher CO2 of Mars and exhale an O2 rich environment like a plant?
2. Does the Bio-ship need to breath? Not every living thing does.
I can even buy that there bodies have the necessary materials in them for shapeshifting into the complex machinery and circuitry necessary for wireless network interface with Earth computers, drones, HUDs, and radios.
But in the first season M gann states that Bio-ship does not have any weapon system, then later she is firing laser blasts at an ice fortress.
3. I made the assumption at the time that the laser thing had been installed off screen similar to the way the disintegration tech was installed during the training exercise in the episode Failsafe. But now that I see Baby-Ship with lasers too; Is it safe to say that the laser-like cannons on these Bio-Ships are a naturally occurring biological mechanism and not mechanically installed or configured?
4. Is it a learned skill and not all Bio-Ships can do it like the density shifting thing for sapient Martians?
5. I still do not understand why the sapient Martians are more afraid of the Ma alefa ak than a species that can FIRE FREAKING LASER BEAMS!.... Sorry:) The laser beam thing from an Earth animal would freak me out. Still it seems like they can easily defend themselves from Ma alefa aks with brain blasts. But can they block LASER BLASTS with telekinesis. Just saying the Bio-Ships are also way more durable; that is the animal I would think they would learn to fear.
1. If the Monkey god chose Gar to be his Beast Boy would he have been able to give Gar those powers without the Martian blood transfusion? Or did the Martian blood act as a necessary catalyst for the power of a god?
I ask because, in the small amount of screen time we have gotten from the Monkey god I think we can conclude that he is impulsive or at least mischievous enough to see that there was a kid with Martian blood and say "let me take advantage of this." Rather than having seen Gar and "chose" him before the Martian blood thing.
Of course this does not mean that he would have just done nothing with Gar at all if Gar had never gotten Martian Blood. You never know :)
2. Would Gar s skin turn green after the Monkey gods tampering or before?
GargWiki.net has answers for all your Gargoyles questions.
Includes episode commentaries by co-creator Greg Weisman, interviews with the cast, and a documentary on the fan convention.