A Station Eight Fan Web Site
1. Can you explain the differences between Control Chip used by Light and it's operative in season 3, the Starro tech from season 1 and Mad Hatter Nanobots, do all 3 of them have the same results or are their differences in how they work. 2. Does Starro Tech mind control require a magic user necessarily to mind control someone.
3. How exactly does the Mad Hatter's nano-tech work, Is his mind control like total mindless control or is it similar to the technology used in Light's mind control starro. I ask because Livewire, Mist and Shade who were being controlled by Nano-tech still have a personality and had quirks which seem in line with their actual personality for example the innuendo based jokes made by Livewire and how she is often seen smiling or how Mist is afraid of being hit. Does this mean during mind control they retain their personality and essentially are reprogrammed which changes their objective like they have to follow the command but on the inside feel reluctant about doing it because it seemed to me Livewire was enjoying this a little too much.
I have a question that hopefully won't be considered a spoiler by the time you get it.
I'm baffled by Jade's decision to stay on Infinity Island AFTER Sensei admitted to manipulation. Did that admission not matter to her? I understand her concerns about not wanting to drag Lian into "the life"... but does she still consider Sensei and Ra's trustworthy enough to believe Sensei's statement about rehab and not being in the business anymore? I'm a bit surprised Artemis agreed to it so easily, too. If the answer doesn't constitute a spoiler, could you explain her headspace a bit?
1. Is John Stewart with HawkWoman? If so how long have they been together? If not, Will they ever get together?
2. How old is Fire?
3. How old is Ice?
4. How old is Wolf?
1. If any more Gargoyles projects ever get launched, have you considered what platform you want it have? Streaming on exclusive platform or TV? It would be amazing to have a more mature rating, so Gargoyles can tell mature stores without worrying about censoring anything.
2. I donât know if you answered this already, but just in case - what are Gargoyles views of sexuality? Lexington is gay, Iâm curious about how they views of LBGTQ.
3. I think Gargoyles would an awesome video game one day! Have you ever thought about it? I play with Brooklyn (my favorite) the most, what about you?
4. I know you love make allusions your works in your other shows. Will there for allusions to Gargoyles in upcoming episodes of Young Justice? Zatannaâs arc is next, Iâll keep my eyes peel!
5. Aside of Gabriel and Angela, I wish we could know more about the Avalon clan! I know during a break in the World Tour arc, Goliath spend time with the them. Was any moments you would have like to have show with Goliath bonding with his children and introducing more named members of the clan?
So I had a question with regards to Face Your Fears-
1. Wally is the first one to break out of the effects of Medusa Mask which he cites is probably due to his fast metabolism. Was this assessment of Wally wrong or right.
2. Does this mean Wally has more resistance or will the effects of emotion manipulation will have a shorter impact, basically does his fast metabolism give him any advantages.
3. Also Why has the Light not been able to create a speedster as fast as Barry, Wally or Jay, as you have revealed earlier Jaculi and Trajectory are both slower is it because of Barry's notes which the Light doesn't have, so does that mean Barry's note are under lock and key meanwhile Light has weaker speedsters than even Barry.
Big fan of Gargoyles! Thank for creating it! No matter how many years has past, it has been an all-time favorite! I have a few questions:
1. Does Lexington finds a mate of his own?
2. What does Brooklynâs daughter, Tachi, look like? And whatâs her personality like?
3. What is Nashvilleâs personality like?
4. Does Yama eventually return to his clan and reunite with Sora?
5. Before finding a mate in Katana, did Brooklyn developed any small romantic feelings for anyone Time-Dancer adventures?
"Has he ever get into legal problem with the in-universe Warner Bros company because of that?"
Greg responds: "1. The use was legally "de minimus," i.e. a small use for purposes of parody. The whole episode has a Wile E. Coyote vibe, so having the pie-gun come from "Acme," made sense. If we wanted to do the "Mr. Acme" spin-off series, we might have legal trouble, I suppose."
...Uh, actually, I was asking about if Mr. Acme himself git into any legal problem with the Gargoyles' version of Warner Brothers company.
Now on a completly unrelated note, It's been confirmed on more than one occassion that the Likes of Dracula and Santa Claus exist on Garg verse, and more than a few characters of literature (particulary Shakespeare literature) are real as well, which has made me wonder:
1) Were Don Quixote and Macunaima real people within Garg-verse or were they just as fictional as in our world?
2) Were fairy tales Like Little Red Ridding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and the Juniper Tree real within Garg-verse in some way or form? After all, All Myths are true, just rarelly accurate...
1 Do the light have other special positions for their agents like the enforcer for the light?
2 Does the enforcer of the light have any special authority over other light agents?
3 All the enforcers for the light were skilled fighters with no powers. Was this intentional or a coincidence?
Why did shade join the league of shadows?
1 Did every purist turn on ocean master after he was exposed(like wynde and Ronal) or were there some that refused to believe ocean master betrayed them and still served him?
2 Why did the purist think ocean master had the same goal as them? He attacked Aquaman in the past who the purist had no problem with.
3 Did ocean master consider the consequence of destroying the heroes family, but he was at a point where he did just not really care anymore?
4 Atlanteans have super durable skin in the comics so how was lady Shiva able to cut off ocean masterâs head like it was nothing? Did she use a special blade or are atlanteans far less durable in the young justice universe?
5 Were there some citizens of Atlantis that supporter orm as king?(obviously before he was revealed to be ocean master)
Hi, Just wanna say I absolutely love Young Justice. Itâs been a big part of my life, and one of the main sources of joy in my life tbh. Anywho, hehe I have a few questions. (I do apologize if youâve already answered any of these, there were a LOT of answered questions to try and scroll through, but itâs so nice to see the love for YJ & Gargoyles)
1.) Thereâs a certain character who you unfortunately were not able to like (canonically?) make L(G)BT in the show. Now that it has moved to HBO Max, is it possible for him to âcome outâ?
2.) Is there going to be more LGBTQ+ characters to come?
3.) Will Raven &/ Trigon make an appearance?
I have so many more questions but I know youâre a busy person, so Iâll just stick with these few for now. Thank you for making something that brings a lot of joy to my life and many others :)
Why was Garfield's last name no change from logan to farr after rita farr adoped garfield after queen bee killed marie logan ?
What is Broadwayâs opinions on Westerns, and Showdown in particular following the events of Deadly Force?
How tall is Icicle Junior in Young Justice S1? Did he have a height bump in the following appearances in Outsiders? DEFINITELY A GLOW UP!
Why did miss martian not want beast boy and superman to help her and her uncle john find her white martian brother on mars instead seen beast boy and superman back to earth ?
After Superboy talk at the UN in last episode of young justice outsiders why people who own bikes that Conner fixes not realize Conner is superboy ?
1. Why did you change Deathstroke's voice and design between Invasion and Outsiders (The latter moreso than the former considering actors are less static over the course of a half decade than character designs)?
2. Why, in-universe, did Deathstroke ditch his claymore between Invasion and Phantoms?
So this post is going to be about Barbara and the sequence of how she becomes Oracle in your series.
For starters, one change I greatly enjoyed is the fact you made Barbra lose her legs in the LINE OF DUTY. I mean this in a good way, but rarely do we see the heroes get hurt in significant way that impedes them. For Barbara, getting hurt on a mission like reminds us that this is dangerous work yet she does it regardless of the risk. I never liked the way it is handled in Killing Joke, as just reduces Barbra to feeling like a mere victim. And I know that serves the main theme of that story, i.e random tragedy, but it always felt like a bit of disservice to her character.
Now to the negative stuff. Or maybe the nitpicking stuff? Ok, so one thing I do enjoy in a story is the consistency of knowledge in how characters react to the story. The audience/viewer often have an omnipresent view of events. We know things that happening that the characters do not. One example is how we know the Light are the ones behind everything in Season 1, yet the heroes still believe it to be the work of the Injustice League because that's all the information they have. And this is reflected in how they operate going forward until they get more information on the Light. Characters knowing things that should be out of their scope is something I dislike because of how inconsistent it appears especially when it's done for convenience of the writers to have characters know or react to things in some manner despite them not knowing something.
This brings me to the exchange between Barbara and Orphan.
'I did it to save you'
This is great sentiment, but it feels very much unearned, since Barbara, by all accounts does not know this person she is saving, nor does she know what kind of impact these words will have on her.
We know who Orphan is based on what Cheshire said. She was raised her entire life to be a living weapon, trained to kill and could never be anything beyond that. Barbara stopping her from killing, at the expense of her legs makes an impact on Orphan because it rattles the world view she was raised with and such an act of empathy is not something she would be used.
But Barbara (as far as I can tell) does NOT know anything about Orphan's circumstances. Artemis did not even know anything until Cheshire told her. And I have to assume Batman only learned about Orphan's background after taking her in. From Barbara's point of view, this is just a random Shadow sent by the Light to kill the Joker. Kinda like all those Shadow goons the heroes often beat up. The heroes don't know that this one is special, while the audience does know this. What if this had been Black Spider, Rictus, Sportsmaster or Deathstroke? I know Barbara would save the Joker regardless, but it's not like she would take Slade's hand and say she was trying to save his soul. Another point is that Barbara does not know if Orphan has killed prior to this incident. Hell, I don't think even the audience knows if Orphan has killed before this. So, it comes off as little naive for her to say that this was done to protect Orphan from the act of taking a life.
Basically, if my inane rambling makes any sense, what I'm trying to say is that exchange between Barbara and Orphan is unearned and lacks an emotional investment. Or at least did for me, not necessarily others. Itâs justâ¦.Barbara saying she wants to help this random assassin requires more depth between her and Orphan than what was presented. And it seems to rely on the fact the audience is well aware of Orphan's situation, but the characters in the show are not. WE know this saves Orphan, but Barbara does not know this. If this had been another Shadow, I'd imagine they would just leave Barbara to bleed out and go on their merry way.
But now I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a second. I suppose that since Orphan actually stopped in the middle of her mission, kneeling in front of the wounded Barbara and even taking off her mask may have been enough of an indication to Barbara that she was not some cold blooded assassin but a genuine first timer. I guess Barbara was going out on limb based on Orphan's veryâ¦..human reaction?
I don't want anything that I said to come off asâ¦.bad. But I want to be honest too. I love Young Justice greatly as much as I love Gargoyles (and WITCH btw), so I want to be constructive when I criticize it. Maybe things will play out as the show goes further, I will wait and see. Maybe there was more to your thought process on this all worked that I am simply not seeing. But those were my thought on how you handled Barbara becoming Oracle.
Looking forward to rest of Season 4
Has Beast Boy met Superman's Jonathan before conner died on mars?
Have you by some chance seen or read "March Comes In Like A Lion"/"3-gatsu no Lion", somehow the storytelling in that is very reminiscent of your style of writing, if you have not I highly recommend you watch it.
During the trial of the league on Rimbor, When the league tries to say Vandal Savage controlled them the aliens observing them say all the info is on the poet-watcher( at least that's what the caption say
) So what is a poet-watcher and its purpose.
1)Is Artemis Terra's mentor?
2)How would you characterize their relationship? I ask because I get the impression after Outsiders that they're really tight.
3) A lot of these mentor-protege relationships seem to blur the lines between teacher, friend, and family member, don't they?
Hello Greg, how are you? I hope you are okay!
I was searching in the 'Ask Greg' Archives about the main gargoyles biological parents and some questions arose from old answers. Here I go:
1 - In February 03, 2000 'Skylar' asked if you could tell anything about Lexington's parents. Your answer was "Nope.
I don't think that way. There's a whole generation of gargoyles who were Lexington's parents". But can you give us any hints about Lexington actual biological parents?
2 - In September 25, 2000 'White' asked if you had created Goliath parents, how they would look like. Your answer was "I'm not that interested in Goliath's bio-parents specifically". After 21 years, does that answer still the same? If not, can you give any hints about them?
3 - In October 23, 2003 Gus Gustavson asked if Goliath had brothers or sisters. Your answer was "Odds are he had one or two". So, Goliath could be the youngest of them?
4 - In August 10, 2007 'Derek' asked if will we ever see the biological parents of Demona, Goliath, Lexington or Brooklyn in the comics in Flashbacks. Your answer was "Sure. But you might not know it, as it's of no moment to these characters". Do you still plan showing them as some sort of easter egg, in the background? (Honestly, I would be glad to see just that).
5 - In March 20, 2013 'Eileanna' asked if 'Sacrifice' and 'Second' were Lexington parents. You answer was 'SPOILER REQUEST'. So I ask: did Lexington had biological brothers or sisters?
6 - In September 30, 2015 'J' asked a bunch of questions about the Avalon Clan and their biological relationships to the Manhattan Clan. One of them was about Bronx and possibly a brother or sister in the Avalon Clan. Your answer was "no coment". So I ask: was Bronx the first biological offspring of 'Chaw' and 'Chomp'?
7 - Did Demona had biological brothers or sisters? Was she the youngest of them?
8 - A Dark Age question: apart from Hudson and his mate, other rookery siblings of 878 would be still alive by 971?
9 - Another Dark Age question: did Hudson had his own 'mentor' in 971? Or was the 878 generation the oldest at that point?
10 - Finally, have you considered releasing some kind of visual encyclopedia of the Gargoyles?
Thanks in advance for your answers and your patience. And thank you for creating this amazing show. All the best!
Ps: I know, I know... I should stop thinking this relations like a human. But the visuals of the gargoyles are something that I can not pass by, that is why I want to know about parents, siblings and so forth.
Ps2: I am hoping that Disney+ announces Gargoyles - Season 3 soon, the same way they announced X-Men 97. #keepwatchinggargoyles
How long is bio-ship life spawn?
GargWiki.net has answers for all your Gargoyles questions.
Includes episode commentaries by co-creator Greg Weisman, interviews with the cast, and a documentary on the fan convention.