A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 483 records. :
Why did the person that kill Superboy in young justice season 4 episode 4 not choose to destroy bioship baby when it was caring m'gann and her uncle and sister back to earth after Conner died?
1. We have a pretty good idea of what Joker thinks of Riddler, but what does Riddler think of Joker?
2. Is it weird that I'm curious how Lex Luthor might be taking the news of Conner's apparent demise, assuming he knows?
3. Does Vandal Savage have an actual middle name?
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. This quote is not from my I Know Why a Caged Bird Sings but rather from Dust Tracks on a Road
Book by Zora Neale Hurston, so why was this quote used or should I just chalk it down to a goof by Artemis Crock Comparative Literature Teacher.
Greg I have a very important question to ask you : are you gonna stop introducing wokeism in YJ ? Because I'm sad to see my favorite show wasted more and more by this silly ideology, like the James Bond movies and so much other legendary shows and movies are currently becoming stupid... I mean, yeah, tolerance is important, that's right, but unlimited tolerance is as bad as no tolerance. Today some people consider themselves as pigs or dogs and not humans anymore... Do you think that's something to support ? Non binary persons and all those things... a progress ? Come on ! Now, luckily, the vast majority of the population understand that's ridiculous, but sadly, the small minority that spreads the "woke ideology" are mainly directors and producers, and other powerful people that control shows and movies today.
So what do you think of woke ideology and please please please don't ruin that wonderful show with those nonsense.
I beg you... Think about the kids who watch this show and will lose their common sense. This isn't about progress.
Thanks to have read anyway !
1. Are the prosthetics that Cyborg has made of materials from the Reach device that exploded next to him? I ask because he told Beast Boy that Blue Beatle helped him discover a weapon in his are and Blue Beatles armor is all nanotech.
2. Does this mean that the Fatherbox that made those prosthetics repurposed the material from the Reach device to make those prosthetics?
3. So Cyborg is Apokoliptian tech, possible made of Reach material depending on how you answered the first two questions, with Mobius tech software? I am asking is his Operating System Mobius tech since the Fatherbox soul is gone or did the Chair change the hardware somehow?
Howdy Greg! Hope that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving (though at the rate the queue's been filling up lately, you probably won't see this question until 2022, LOL).
I'd like to take a brief break from the flood of YJ questions (with a smattering of Gargoyles and Spidey) to poke your brain as a scholar of the Bard. I know you've stated in the past, most particularly in this post, that you find it impossible to select a single favorite Shakespeare play:
However, I'm curious if you happen to have a LEAST favorite play, or at least ones that excite your senses less than others.
For me, while my scholarship and experience is nowhere near as vast as yours (I've read most, but only seen a couple live...not a lot of Shakespeare festivals in Hawaii, unfortunately), if pressed I would have to say I have difficulty finding much value in TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA.
There's little in it that isn't done better in later, stronger comedies, and Proteus lacks the nuance or poeticism of his other villainous figures, even ones intentionally designed to be odious like Iago or cast as such for political (Macbeth) or cultural (Shylock) reasons.
(Made all the more baffling by the fact that he gets a suitably protagonist-y happy ending, with the woman he cheated on and tried to rape five minutes prior no less.)
Just curious if there's something you feel I'm missing, taking in this play solely from the page. While there are obviously some plays that get my mind whirring more than others, TWO GENTLEMAN is the only one I ever came away from outright disliking.
Well, interested in whatever thoughts you're willing to offer. All the best, Greg!
(YJ: Phantoms to kick ass every week, BTW!)
Mister Greg why was decided Garfield logan and Queen Perdita would meet and date if it was plan they would breakup insist of Garfield and Perdita getting married in the end?
Hi! Iâve been watching Young Justice since 2014 and have been a big fan for years I have a couple of questions, which I hope arenât spoilers bc I donât want to ask for any.
1. How did Will choose his name?
2. Why is it that in season 1 when Kid Flash, Robin and Kalder were captured by Cadmus that they were going to clone them and delete or kill the source but after they cloned Roy they kept him alive. They said that the reason they amputated his (Roy) arm was to have an endless supply so why did they want to keep him but not the other three?
3. Do you have a favorite or rather one you are most proud of out of all the character archâs through out the seasons?
3a. If so whoâs is it?
3b. And from what season?
(My favorite character arcâs are probably Artemis in season one, Mâgann in S2 and Nightwing in S3 and idk yet for s4 but they are really good from the episodes Iâve seen so far)
Would someone who is accustomed to dealing with vertigo, such as an experience acrobat like Nightwing, be better at coping with Count Vertigo's power?
Not brownnosing, but I'm a big fan of Young Justice and a few of your other shows. I'm also an admirer of continuity, which is what drew me to this website. All of your comments about the show have been proven right and shown in the series itself at some point or another in ways that others have failed to do. How are you able to keep track of all this?
How old is K'arr M'angg?
1. If you had 26 episodes as usual in season two what more stories would you like to have told?
Why does Barry Allen have green eyes but when he's the Flash in season 3 his eyes are blue?
What is Jimâs day job and does he have a girlfriend?
1. What was the reason behind giving Arsenal a katana?
2. Will we get to see Arsenal after episode 5?
3. Does Paula live with Will and Artemis now?
4. What is Paulas and Ollies relationship like?
1 Why did klarion call his operation project Rutabaga?
2 I am still confused by what exactly project rutabaga was. Was it just that huge flesh monster klarion created out of kids or was it simply activating childrenâs meta gene with klarion magic?
Some Questions about Aliens
1. If Goode World Studios has been around since the 40s does that mean that Gretchen Goode has been running it since then; or did she just take over a studio that was already there? I would imagine it would get difficult to explain why she does not seem to age over a 70 year period of time.
2. The Collector of Worlds mentioned that the Super Cycle was New God Life-Tech, or New Genesian Life-Tech, or something like that. Does Life-Tech imitate living things so well that it actually GROWS? Or is the Super Cycle just getting bigger some other way, like through mechanical upgrades?
3. If Martians can live for centuries, murder is incredibly rare on Mars, and they breed large families, then should overpopulation not become a problem quickly? Especially on a planet so small.
4. While they were on Mars was the high pressure under the ground simulating Earth gravity?
5. If not how was Super Boy able to walk normally under Mars' much lighter gravity?
So regarding the Meta-Gene from my understanding it is essentially a genetic marker that can unlock natural abilities due to experiencing extreme stress and duress. The meta gene also happens to be opportunistic in nature and now here is my big question What about the Flash Family they gained their powers through a specific experiment and have no blood relations to each other so why manifest powers so similar to each other.
2. Would Flash Family be considered meta humans or should we consider all humans with powers meta-human.
3. Should Superman be classified as a meta since he didn't seem to suffer by side effects of Granny's Anti Life Equation machine Device in Terminus or should we just attribute this to kryptonian endurance and yellow sun radiation.
How old was Dick Grayson when he became Robin?
I suspect this may not be answered until the second half of YJ: Phantoms come around, but I gonna put my thoughts out in the open anyway. In regards to the time-traveling saboteur who appeared in the first story arc...
A. I think he is human.
B. I think he is part of some kind of human supremacist group/movement that absolutely despises aliens on Earth with extreme prejudice.
C. I think his use of the advanced technology that is in his possession suggests a level of intellect that rivals or exceeds that of other present-day villains such as Lex Luthor.
D. I think that he is fully aware that Superboy (Kon-El)has a direct connection to the Legion of Superheroes (why the group was formed in the first place; to honor his legacy) and what Earth is like in the 31st century (humans and aliens living together on Earth); hence the reason why he specifically targeted Superboy. If he truly did killed Superboy, the Legion members who are in the present cannot return to the future because the future has mostly likely changed.
Why did you guys decide to completely abandon the friendships of the OG crew in S4? What made me love YJ was their interpersonal dynamics. When it was announced that the season would focus on them, I didn't expect them to be completely separated from each other. I miss them together. I feel that you don't understand that part of the success of YJ is the relationships you've developed between the orginal team.
Interestingly, the real name for the YJ version of Orphan that you chose was Cassandra Wu-San; as opposed to Cassandra Cain like in the comics. This then prompts the question of whether or not David Cain is still Cassandra Cain's father in the YJ animated universe and, if he is, would this then suggest that the change to Cassandra Cain's last name seemingly indicate that her father was likely never involved (or was never allowed to be) in her life?
With your inclusion of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the Young Justice animated universe, I would like to let you know that I would be truly interested in seeing a potential spin-off series that focuses on this team. It would be nice to see your own interpretation of what life is like in the 31st century and how the Legion of Super-Heroes honor the legacy of Superboy (Kon-El); whose actions I believe inspired the formation of this group by first making that public speech in front of the United Nations in the Season 3 finale.
I think I figured out the first half of message for YJ Season 4; it most likely means "Invitation to a," and the last 13 letters from the titles of the episodes from the second half of the season will most likely spell out two words. Does my reasoning sound correct?
Does Black Canary have a civilian life/job or is she more or less a hero full time?
Dear Mr Weisman i have some young justice questions for you 1.Can Jade and onyx commit to there rehab as Sensei told the girls that the league of assassins would help with there rehabilitation but only if the girls could commit to it so will the girls be able to ? 2. I remember SuperBoy telling Blue beetle that he knew Ted Kord but where they close friends when ted was alive or not ? 3. Could Dr Spence secretly be a G goblin like Dubblix but is keeping it a secret? 4 Are Dr Roquett and Amber Joyce both secretly G goblins or another kind of Genomroph as well?
Why didn't superman ask garfield to grieve with his family at the farm in smallville over conner's death when superman and beast boy return to earth from mars after superboy died and if he did why did garfield decide not to ?
In "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings', Clark seemed to be dancing around an issue with Jon. He spoke about Connor's journey ending which implies the existence of a soul and an afterlife.
Why not just come out and say that Superman believes in God and Connor's soul is in Heaven? Are you concerned about offending someone or making it seem like the show supports a particular religion? As an agnostic, I have no problem with characters having religious beliefs. I don't even have a problem with you mentioning Jesus, Muhammad, Yahweh, or Krishna. It would completely in keeping with Superman's character to believe in a higher power or a higher good. The only time I have a problem with people's beliefs is when they try to impose them on others.
Or, am I proceeding on a false premise?
1. Can you explain the differences between Control Chip used by Light and it's operative in season 3, the Starro tech from season 1 and Mad Hatter Nanobots, do all 3 of them have the same results or are their differences in how they work. 2. Does Starro Tech mind control require a magic user necessarily to mind control someone.
3. How exactly does the Mad Hatter's nano-tech work, Is his mind control like total mindless control or is it similar to the technology used in Light's mind control starro. I ask because Livewire, Mist and Shade who were being controlled by Nano-tech still have a personality and had quirks which seem in line with their actual personality for example the innuendo based jokes made by Livewire and how she is often seen smiling or how Mist is afraid of being hit. Does this mean during mind control they retain their personality and essentially are reprogrammed which changes their objective like they have to follow the command but on the inside feel reluctant about doing it because it seemed to me Livewire was enjoying this a little too much.
I have a question that hopefully won't be considered a spoiler by the time you get it.
I'm baffled by Jade's decision to stay on Infinity Island AFTER Sensei admitted to manipulation. Did that admission not matter to her? I understand her concerns about not wanting to drag Lian into "the life"... but does she still consider Sensei and Ra's trustworthy enough to believe Sensei's statement about rehab and not being in the business anymore? I'm a bit surprised Artemis agreed to it so easily, too. If the answer doesn't constitute a spoiler, could you explain her headspace a bit?
1. Is John Stewart with HawkWoman? If so how long have they been together? If not, Will they ever get together?
2. How old is Fire?
3. How old is Ice?
4. How old is Wolf?
1. If any more Gargoyles projects ever get launched, have you considered what platform you want it have? Streaming on exclusive platform or TV? It would be amazing to have a more mature rating, so Gargoyles can tell mature stores without worrying about censoring anything.
2. I donât know if you answered this already, but just in case - what are Gargoyles views of sexuality? Lexington is gay, Iâm curious about how they views of LBGTQ.
3. I think Gargoyles would an awesome video game one day! Have you ever thought about it? I play with Brooklyn (my favorite) the most, what about you?
4. I know you love make allusions your works in your other shows. Will there for allusions to Gargoyles in upcoming episodes of Young Justice? Zatannaâs arc is next, Iâll keep my eyes peel!
5. Aside of Gabriel and Angela, I wish we could know more about the Avalon clan! I know during a break in the World Tour arc, Goliath spend time with the them. Was any moments you would have like to have show with Goliath bonding with his children and introducing more named members of the clan?
So I had a question with regards to Face Your Fears-
1. Wally is the first one to break out of the effects of Medusa Mask which he cites is probably due to his fast metabolism. Was this assessment of Wally wrong or right.
2. Does this mean Wally has more resistance or will the effects of emotion manipulation will have a shorter impact, basically does his fast metabolism give him any advantages.
3. Also Why has the Light not been able to create a speedster as fast as Barry, Wally or Jay, as you have revealed earlier Jaculi and Trajectory are both slower is it because of Barry's notes which the Light doesn't have, so does that mean Barry's note are under lock and key meanwhile Light has weaker speedsters than even Barry.
Big fan of Gargoyles! Thank for creating it! No matter how many years has past, it has been an all-time favorite! I have a few questions:
1. Does Lexington finds a mate of his own?
2. What does Brooklynâs daughter, Tachi, look like? And whatâs her personality like?
3. What is Nashvilleâs personality like?
4. Does Yama eventually return to his clan and reunite with Sora?
5. Before finding a mate in Katana, did Brooklyn developed any small romantic feelings for anyone Time-Dancer adventures?
"Has he ever get into legal problem with the in-universe Warner Bros company because of that?"
Greg responds: "1. The use was legally "de minimus," i.e. a small use for purposes of parody. The whole episode has a Wile E. Coyote vibe, so having the pie-gun come from "Acme," made sense. If we wanted to do the "Mr. Acme" spin-off series, we might have legal trouble, I suppose."
...Uh, actually, I was asking about if Mr. Acme himself git into any legal problem with the Gargoyles' version of Warner Brothers company.
Now on a completly unrelated note, It's been confirmed on more than one occassion that the Likes of Dracula and Santa Claus exist on Garg verse, and more than a few characters of literature (particulary Shakespeare literature) are real as well, which has made me wonder:
1) Were Don Quixote and Macunaima real people within Garg-verse or were they just as fictional as in our world?
2) Were fairy tales Like Little Red Ridding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk and the Juniper Tree real within Garg-verse in some way or form? After all, All Myths are true, just rarelly accurate...
1 Do the light have other special positions for their agents like the enforcer for the light?
2 Does the enforcer of the light have any special authority over other light agents?
3 All the enforcers for the light were skilled fighters with no powers. Was this intentional or a coincidence?
Why did shade join the league of shadows?
1 Did every purist turn on ocean master after he was exposed(like wynde and Ronal) or were there some that refused to believe ocean master betrayed them and still served him?
2 Why did the purist think ocean master had the same goal as them? He attacked Aquaman in the past who the purist had no problem with.
3 Did ocean master consider the consequence of destroying the heroes family, but he was at a point where he did just not really care anymore?
4 Atlanteans have super durable skin in the comics so how was lady Shiva able to cut off ocean masterâs head like it was nothing? Did she use a special blade or are atlanteans far less durable in the young justice universe?
5 Were there some citizens of Atlantis that supporter orm as king?(obviously before he was revealed to be ocean master)
Hi, Just wanna say I absolutely love Young Justice. Itâs been a big part of my life, and one of the main sources of joy in my life tbh. Anywho, hehe I have a few questions. (I do apologize if youâve already answered any of these, there were a LOT of answered questions to try and scroll through, but itâs so nice to see the love for YJ & Gargoyles)
1.) Thereâs a certain character who you unfortunately were not able to like (canonically?) make L(G)BT in the show. Now that it has moved to HBO Max, is it possible for him to âcome outâ?
2.) Is there going to be more LGBTQ+ characters to come?
3.) Will Raven &/ Trigon make an appearance?
I have so many more questions but I know youâre a busy person, so Iâll just stick with these few for now. Thank you for making something that brings a lot of joy to my life and many others :)
Why was Garfield's last name no change from logan to farr after rita farr adoped garfield after queen bee killed marie logan ?
What is Broadwayâs opinions on Westerns, and Showdown in particular following the events of Deadly Force?
How tall is Icicle Junior in Young Justice S1? Did he have a height bump in the following appearances in Outsiders? DEFINITELY A GLOW UP!
Why did miss martian not want beast boy and superman to help her and her uncle john find her white martian brother on mars instead seen beast boy and superman back to earth ?
After Superboy talk at the UN in last episode of young justice outsiders why people who own bikes that Conner fixes not realize Conner is superboy ?
1. Why did you change Deathstroke's voice and design between Invasion and Outsiders (The latter moreso than the former considering actors are less static over the course of a half decade than character designs)?
2. Why, in-universe, did Deathstroke ditch his claymore between Invasion and Phantoms?
So this post is going to be about Barbara and the sequence of how she becomes Oracle in your series.
For starters, one change I greatly enjoyed is the fact you made Barbra lose her legs in the LINE OF DUTY. I mean this in a good way, but rarely do we see the heroes get hurt in significant way that impedes them. For Barbara, getting hurt on a mission like reminds us that this is dangerous work yet she does it regardless of the risk. I never liked the way it is handled in Killing Joke, as just reduces Barbra to feeling like a mere victim. And I know that serves the main theme of that story, i.e random tragedy, but it always felt like a bit of disservice to her character.
Now to the negative stuff. Or maybe the nitpicking stuff? Ok, so one thing I do enjoy in a story is the consistency of knowledge in how characters react to the story. The audience/viewer often have an omnipresent view of events. We know things that happening that the characters do not. One example is how we know the Light are the ones behind everything in Season 1, yet the heroes still believe it to be the work of the Injustice League because that's all the information they have. And this is reflected in how they operate going forward until they get more information on the Light. Characters knowing things that should be out of their scope is something I dislike because of how inconsistent it appears especially when it's done for convenience of the writers to have characters know or react to things in some manner despite them not knowing something.
This brings me to the exchange between Barbara and Orphan.
'I did it to save you'
This is great sentiment, but it feels very much unearned, since Barbara, by all accounts does not know this person she is saving, nor does she know what kind of impact these words will have on her.
We know who Orphan is based on what Cheshire said. She was raised her entire life to be a living weapon, trained to kill and could never be anything beyond that. Barbara stopping her from killing, at the expense of her legs makes an impact on Orphan because it rattles the world view she was raised with and such an act of empathy is not something she would be used.
But Barbara (as far as I can tell) does NOT know anything about Orphan's circumstances. Artemis did not even know anything until Cheshire told her. And I have to assume Batman only learned about Orphan's background after taking her in. From Barbara's point of view, this is just a random Shadow sent by the Light to kill the Joker. Kinda like all those Shadow goons the heroes often beat up. The heroes don't know that this one is special, while the audience does know this. What if this had been Black Spider, Rictus, Sportsmaster or Deathstroke? I know Barbara would save the Joker regardless, but it's not like she would take Slade's hand and say she was trying to save his soul. Another point is that Barbara does not know if Orphan has killed prior to this incident. Hell, I don't think even the audience knows if Orphan has killed before this. So, it comes off as little naive for her to say that this was done to protect Orphan from the act of taking a life.
Basically, if my inane rambling makes any sense, what I'm trying to say is that exchange between Barbara and Orphan is unearned and lacks an emotional investment. Or at least did for me, not necessarily others. Itâs justâ¦.Barbara saying she wants to help this random assassin requires more depth between her and Orphan than what was presented. And it seems to rely on the fact the audience is well aware of Orphan's situation, but the characters in the show are not. WE know this saves Orphan, but Barbara does not know this. If this had been another Shadow, I'd imagine they would just leave Barbara to bleed out and go on their merry way.
But now I'm going to play Devil's advocate for a second. I suppose that since Orphan actually stopped in the middle of her mission, kneeling in front of the wounded Barbara and even taking off her mask may have been enough of an indication to Barbara that she was not some cold blooded assassin but a genuine first timer. I guess Barbara was going out on limb based on Orphan's veryâ¦..human reaction?
I don't want anything that I said to come off asâ¦.bad. But I want to be honest too. I love Young Justice greatly as much as I love Gargoyles (and WITCH btw), so I want to be constructive when I criticize it. Maybe things will play out as the show goes further, I will wait and see. Maybe there was more to your thought process on this all worked that I am simply not seeing. But those were my thought on how you handled Barbara becoming Oracle.
Looking forward to rest of Season 4
Has Beast Boy met Superman's Jonathan before conner died on mars?
Have you by some chance seen or read "March Comes In Like A Lion"/"3-gatsu no Lion", somehow the storytelling in that is very reminiscent of your style of writing, if you have not I highly recommend you watch it.
During the trial of the league on Rimbor, When the league tries to say Vandal Savage controlled them the aliens observing them say all the info is on the poet-watcher( at least that's what the caption say
) So what is a poet-watcher and its purpose.
1)Is Artemis Terra's mentor?
2)How would you characterize their relationship? I ask because I get the impression after Outsiders that they're really tight.
3) A lot of these mentor-protege relationships seem to blur the lines between teacher, friend, and family member, don't they?
Hello Greg, how are you? I hope you are okay!
I was searching in the 'Ask Greg' Archives about the main gargoyles biological parents and some questions arose from old answers. Here I go:
1 - In February 03, 2000 'Skylar' asked if you could tell anything about Lexington's parents. Your answer was "Nope.
I don't think that way. There's a whole generation of gargoyles who were Lexington's parents". But can you give us any hints about Lexington actual biological parents?
2 - In September 25, 2000 'White' asked if you had created Goliath parents, how they would look like. Your answer was "I'm not that interested in Goliath's bio-parents specifically". After 21 years, does that answer still the same? If not, can you give any hints about them?
3 - In October 23, 2003 Gus Gustavson asked if Goliath had brothers or sisters. Your answer was "Odds are he had one or two". So, Goliath could be the youngest of them?
4 - In August 10, 2007 'Derek' asked if will we ever see the biological parents of Demona, Goliath, Lexington or Brooklyn in the comics in Flashbacks. Your answer was "Sure. But you might not know it, as it's of no moment to these characters". Do you still plan showing them as some sort of easter egg, in the background? (Honestly, I would be glad to see just that).
5 - In March 20, 2013 'Eileanna' asked if 'Sacrifice' and 'Second' were Lexington parents. You answer was 'SPOILER REQUEST'. So I ask: did Lexington had biological brothers or sisters?
6 - In September 30, 2015 'J' asked a bunch of questions about the Avalon Clan and their biological relationships to the Manhattan Clan. One of them was about Bronx and possibly a brother or sister in the Avalon Clan. Your answer was "no coment". So I ask: was Bronx the first biological offspring of 'Chaw' and 'Chomp'?
7 - Did Demona had biological brothers or sisters? Was she the youngest of them?
8 - A Dark Age question: apart from Hudson and his mate, other rookery siblings of 878 would be still alive by 971?
9 - Another Dark Age question: did Hudson had his own 'mentor' in 971? Or was the 878 generation the oldest at that point?
10 - Finally, have you considered releasing some kind of visual encyclopedia of the Gargoyles?
Thanks in advance for your answers and your patience. And thank you for creating this amazing show. All the best!
Ps: I know, I know... I should stop thinking this relations like a human. But the visuals of the gargoyles are something that I can not pass by, that is why I want to know about parents, siblings and so forth.
Ps2: I am hoping that Disney+ announces Gargoyles - Season 3 soon, the same way they announced X-Men 97. #keepwatchinggargoyles
How long is bio-ship life spawn?
Why did Kid Flash trust Queen Perdita with his real name was wally west ?
How and why and when did queen perdita learn kid flash's name was wally west ?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. Did Night wing forgive Orphan for what she Unintentionally did to Bat girl when they first met or does he have some resentment of her but is still mature about it? 2.How did Dubbilex, Jim, and everyone else in geranium city react when they herd about what happened to Superboy on mars? 3 . Does Brooklyn maine seem like an odd town to you as well? because apart From the Mayor Sheriff Maguire and the newsgirls the town seemed empty. most places in Brooklyn where closed Miss Rodriguez seemed to be the only patren in the library in the season 3 episode Brooklyn Maine was featured and (yes i know it can count as both a Newsboy legion and i. q. reforince as well) Gaby Gabrielli sead she had a study date with ''Big words'' before she corrected herself somthing about all of it seems odd to me
Why does Halo wear a hijab but then wear a skintight bodysuit?
Hi Greg - YJ is a great show that obviously resonates with a lot of people. But sometimes I feel like the writers don't realize why people love the show so much.
I think most people got hooked on the character development and world-building of Season 1. Seeing our favorite comic characters reimagined in this unique universe you've created. The rest of the seasons have been more focused on driving the plot forward, at the expense of character. The time skip disappointed a lot of people because years of character development and interactions happened off screen. And as the cast got bigger, it became clear that only some characters were going to get screentime while others were basically scenery. This was also disappointing for the fans of characters that were introduced in later seasons; especially for characters that have never been properly portrayed in DC media like Cassie, Tim, Cissie, Cassandra, Stephanie, etc. I wanted to see all of them get the same type of treatment the Season 1 cast got, but there are so many characters that we barely know anything about. And with the time skips, we may never get to know them because the writers have decided they're not important for the plot.
I remember lots of fans gave you this type of feedback during Season 2, and you tbh you were kind of dismissive about it and then doubled down on the approach in Season 3. I know this is ultimately your show, but I wish you would take the feedback from the fans who fell in love with it.
Was Queen Perdita at Garfield Logan's 16 birthday party ? Were was Garfield's 16 birthday party held at ? Why did Tara not apologize to Queen Perdita for trying to kill Peredia's boy friend Garfield Logan ?
Was there any protest in the UN on Batman inc rejoining the justice league? Seems weird that superheroes can just quit the justice league, become vigilantes who donât follow the UNâs rules and later rejoin with no problem
Does Tigress's uniform have stealth-tech? If so, why did she not use it when sneaking around Santa Prisca in 4x07?
How do Miss Martian's parents feel out Miss Martian and Beast Boy viewing each other as sister and brother ? Does Miss MARTIAN's parents view Beast boy as being part of thier family ?
Hi Mr Weisman,
In Ep7 of YJ: Phantoms, Nightwing requests a medevac to someone known as A33. This sounds like a guest designation, but I can't find who it is assigned to. Could you tell us who that was, or is it someone brought up later in the season? Thanks.
Why did Beast Boy not tell about or show his girlfriend Queen Perdita the outsiders base call the Hub ?
Hey Greg, are there plans for a next season or even a spin-off after this season if it is the finale?
Jade always acts "pissy" when she talks to Artemis. My reading of Jade's attitude is that it's a cover for her feelings of guilt over having not been a better sister or mother. Is this a good reading?
Regarding the Team's spytech lenses. They all have a dedicated logo. I noticed that the heroes who have chest logos, usually have matching interface logos. But those who don't (like Spoiler and Arsenal) usually have a customized logo.
I love them.
Who came up with them and what are the criteria for them?
Why is Beast Boy ok with Miss Martian using his mother Marie Logan form in young justice timeline ?
Why Beast Boy not happy Miss Martian's sister Em'ree Jonzz using his mom's form but Garfield Logan is ok with Miss Martian using his mom's form in young justice season 4 episode 1 Inhospitable ?
Dear Mr weisman while i am sure that Oracle forgave her for a tragic event that occurred when they first met Does Orphan still blame herself for what happened to Bat girl that day ?
At what age did Robin become Nightwing on Earth 16 and how did his teammates react?
I keep hearing about these "Red Arrow Journals". What are they?
When exactly did the infiltrators steal the JL Computer intel? Was it when Cassandra was lying next to the Zeta-Tube?
If she already had the intel, then why didn't Shade simply teleport her out? This way they would get the intel and keep Cassandra's cover to use again in the future.
can you tell when is jason todd death day? only month and day
Hello Mr Weisman.
Just writing a little thing here because I'm kind of worried about the lgbt+ direction of the show. Well, not really a direction, but more and more characters are revealing to be homosexuals or else... Don't you think you're dangerously falling into basic silly positive discrimination here ?
Because I'm scared that this show I love so much is becoming a parody of a "woke show", which I feel would be awful.
Now, you're the writer and you're in control, and I'd never, even if I could, take that control away from you, no matter what you do, because that's YOUR show, right !
So I'm just asking : are you aware of positive discrimination, and don't you think you're falling into this and ruining characters by doing that ? Or risking to ?
Hello Greg !
Love what you and Brandon did with young justice, a timeline going on its own, and the scenario is brilliant ! My question would be : will you continue the show after you've come to the end of your story ? Because I'm scared that it ends up like shows like Arrow and Flash who only make a next season as long as the studios command one more, and they have nothing more to say but they still go on... Please don't ^^
But anyway thank you very much for this show, it's a writing gem and a true pleasure to any fans of Dc !
Are Tim and spoiler together ? ( please say no )
So now that Tim and Cassie are over I guess youâre going to put him with spoiler. Well fine but I only hope youâre not going to devolope that more than you did with Tim and Cassie because it would be so unfair
It's great that you're working with the Muslim Public Affairs Council on Halo, but in the future would you consider hiring more writers of color when creating these types of characters? I think a lot of the issues with Halo could've been avoided if there was an Arab/Muslim woman in the room. Increasing diversity in entertainment needs to extend to all areas.
Hey Greg! Love Young Justice. I started rewatching S3 the other day and started wondering about the construction of the team. What's the in-universe reason Dick Grayson chose Jefferson Pierce to be on his Markovia squad?
I'm assuming Dick asked the people closest to him who weren't otherwise occupied or involved in Batman's quitting drama--i.e. no Batman members, no League members, and no leader of the Team. That leaves Artemis and Conner and Will from the original team, but Will was more interested in taking care of Lian. But why Jeff? Did he and Dick develop a close relationship in-between seasons, or does Dick trust Jeff because Jeff's recent resignation was a sign that he can be trusted to care about completing the mission/helping people without stirring up unnecessary drama in the then-somewhat-fractured superhero community?
I know that Jefferson plays an important role later in the season that only he could do, and also that his role in the season is a nod to the Batman and the Outsiders storylines, but y'all are pretty good at clearly establishing cause and effect for your characters' relationships, so I wanted to know if there was anything I missed that led to Dick trusting Jefferson so much that when he recruited him for the mission, he specifically said he came for the man, not the powers.
Thanks for all you do!
After Goliath died at some point between 2004 and 2188...
A. Where was his funeral held?
B. Was Goliath's body buried or cremated?
C. Was the person/people who was/were responsible for killing Goliath eventually brought to justice or did they somehow managed to escape?
Iâve been rewatching Young Justice Outsiders, and I noticed Beast Boyâs darkwear icon is two Bâs facing back to back! Wouldnât it have made more sense if his icon was a green paw print?
What happens to a light memberâs power base after they get captured or killed? Do they just get dissolved or does the light keep control of them?
Were there any real-life events that didn't happen in the Gargoyles universe Post 1994?
Where does Gregor Markov live at after Brion took the throne in last episode of young justice outsiders ?
Why did Superman trust Garfield with Garfield knowing superman's man is Clark Kent by the time of young justice season 4 ? Why did Miss Martian send Garfield back to Earth with Superman when Miss Martian stay on mars looking for her white martian brother ? Why did Garfield not want to see Perdita's speech after watching king Brion's speech in episode Artemis Looking Through The Looking Glass ?
1 Was the joker more pissed off by the fact that he was used like a pawn by the light or that he was the only one not in on it?
2 since the joker was aware savage was a part if the light. Was he also aware that lex luthor was a member? Is that a part of the reason Why he decided to bomb the UN
3 Does the joker also now desire revenge against the other injustice league members for not letting him in on their true goal?
1) In "Elder Wisdom", Wonder Girl mentions that she's been on the Team for two years. But since she joined in Team Year Five and made this comment at the beginning of Team Year Nine, was this a mistake?
2) In "Home Fires", Ocean-Master mentions that he's been in an Atlantean prison for six years. Given that this episode takes place in Team Year Eight, can his dialogue here be taken as confirmation that he was brought to justice and locked up in Team Year Two?
Greg, I love your work on Star Wars Rebels, Spectacular Spider Man, and Young Justice. What I would like to ask is why in the new season of young justice you adapted a certain character's origin.
P.S: love you Greg keep being awesome
Hi Mr. Weisman, really love watching Phantoms and the fruits of your labor! I had a bit of a different question for you.
You said in the past that you were impressed with Avatar: The Last Airbender and you were planning on watching The Legend of Korra after.
1) What did you think about the sequel series? Particularly in relation to its predecessor?
2) I know you try to keep your own work original and you try to avoid taking outside ideas, but were there certain elements (story or character) from either Avatar:TLA or TLOK that you felt were interesting to use in your stories?
3) If you had an opportunity to work within that universe, would you craft a story with gambits that you're so famously known for or would you take a different direction than usual?
Thank you again. Young Justice and Avatar/Korra were large elements of my childhood and what stands out to me are the very strong themes, characters, and over-arching narrative. I feel pretty blessed to be part of a generation that could have not only enjoyed it but grew up with them as well.
How did Miss Martian find out Garfield Logan was living with Rita after Marie Logan's death ? How did M'gann were learn were Rita and Garfield wee living at to visit Garfield Logan ? How did Rita react when first Miss Martian ? How did Rita find out Marie Logan was dead ? How did Miss Martin learn Marie Logan was dead ?
After episode Image Did Miss Martian visit Garfield and Marie Logan more thane one time before Queen Bee kill Marie Logan ?
I am asking about young justice timeline Beast Boy and Superman in the questions .
When did Beast Boy learn Clark Kent was superman ? Who told Beast Boy Clark Kent was superman ? Why Superman trust Beast Boy to allow Beast Boy to know Superman's name was Clark Kent ? How did beast Boy react to learning Clark Kent was Superman ?
Minor question: is there a particular reason you had Atlanteans speaking more formally (i.e. little to no use of contractions) after "Infiltrator"?
Why do you hate Tim Drake so much, Greg? Are you getting back at the people who harassed you for using Dick instead of Tim in S1?
LOL mostly joking - I know there are lots of supporting characters that people would like to see more of. But it does kind of seem like you don't like the character too much. His appearance in that S3 episode where Nightwing is sick and he doesn't say a word still kills me.
You have stated previously that Batwoman and Elongated Man both debuted as superheroes in Team Year Six. Who debuted earlier in that year?
How did Martian Manhunter react when Miss Martian told him about meting Garfield and Marie Logan and blood she gave to Garfield for Garfield to live ? How did Martian Manhunter react to information M'gann was taking Garfield Logan to mount justice to live with her when she did ? When did miss Martian tell her uncle john about meeting marie and garfield logan ?
Greg, first I wanted to thank you for continuing to explore Jade's character, love her bigger presence in Phantoms. Question: hpw fun is writing Artemis and Jade relationship?
Why did Artemis never strip-search Cassandra for anything suspicious. Considering they had no idea if Cassandra or Onyx was a mole and they brought all those outside sources to confirm if they were speaking the truth. A strip-search sounds like a basic precaution. Which would have allowed them to discover cassandraâs glamour charm and see through her deception
I hope this doesn't come off as a lewd sounding set of questions, but
1. Was Gabriele Daou a virgin prior to her death?
2. As of the end of Season 3, is Halo a virgin?
I understand that if the to question one is yes, then question two may seem a little redundant, but technically Halo would never have experienced sex before, even though she may a 'body' that has experienced sex before.
Why did superman 's punch not kill miss martian when he hit her during battle on watchtower between the justice league and the team at the end of young justice season one ?
Does the UN know about the light? If so how much do they know
What species is bio-ship and her kin?
What's the name of those lenses the Team use? Who invented them? When?
On Mars what was reason behind the person's mission kill Superboy in young justice season 4 ?
Why did Superman not realize Beast Boy was having mental heath issues when both travel back together to earth after Superboy's death ? What did Miss Martian's sister Em'ree Jones have inside the object she had with her when she as to go to earth with with miss martian and their uncle john in young justice phantoms episode 7 ?
About that last question sorry if it came off rude
What was the relationship between Tim and Cassie like? I heard the relationship is now toast so I hope this isnât a spoiler.
This is before Miss Martian and Superboy and Beast Boy went to Mars Why did Superboy leave Beast Boy's team outsiders ?
How did Paul react when he learn Garfield Logan was meta human ? During the time of the events of young justice outsiders how did Garfield Logan's Godfather Paul react after he learn Garfield had form his outsider superhero team ? How did Paul react he learn Garfield was dating Queen Perdita ? How did Paul react after he lean his boss Gretchen Goode was was a alien after Cyborg exposed her merging back her other self on tv ?
Young Justice Questions Regarding Joker:
1. After Red Hood became Joker in 2000, did his mind become so messed up that completely forgot his real name?
2. In "Batman: Three Jokers," Batman told Alfred that he figured out Joker's real name within one week after their first encounter, but he never revealed it because it was not important, and doing so would haven endangered Joker's wife (Jeannie) and his son; both who were in a witness protection program. As such, what are the chances that Batman figured out Joker's real name in the YJ universe?
3. The recent episode of YJ: Phantoms showed that even though Joker was not directly involved in Barbara's paralysis, he still played a part in it. As such, what could that also mean in regards to his role in Jason Todd's death in the YJ universe? Does that mean the Joker likely did not have a direct hand in Jason's death?
While I appreciate you taking feedback on Halo from us Muslim fans and trying to improve her representation, I honestly think she's too flawed to be fixed for a number of reasons:
1. Gabrielle Daou. I think this is an odd name for a Muslim Arab character. Gabrielle derives from Gabriel, which is a Biblical name. The Quranic version is Jibril (the archangel) and as far as I know there's no feminine version...plus a lot of Muslims don't like to use the names of the angels for humans in the first place. It would've been better to give her an Islamic name; there are SO many with beautiful meanings that you could've played with. And the surname Daou is not one I've seen before, so I could be wrong about this - I've tried researching and it's been hard to find information about its origins. It doesn't appear to be a very common surname, I'm curious how you guys even found it because it's not in any of the lists of most common Arab or Muslim surnames I encountered. But from what I can gather, it's mostly seen in Lebanon. I don't know exactly where Qurac is in the YJ universe, but I know in DC it's typically around Saudi Arabia and Iraq. If that's the case, there are lots of surnames more common to that area you could've used to make it more accurate or you could've used a more common Muslim surname. This may come off as nit-picky, but I think these sorts of things matter if you're going to make her ethnicity and religion a central part of her character. We're past the days of making vaguely Arab characters with traits from several different cultures like Disney's Aladdin.
2. Going off that, you've got an American South Asian woman voicing her doing a generic "brown voice"...I'm an American South Asian woman myself and that does not feel right to me. South Asian and Arab cultures are often blended together in Western media (Aladdin again) and they're very different. Why not make Halo Pakistani since the voice actor knows Urdu or use a voice actor who speaks Arabic to create a more accurate accent?
3. What is the reason Violet continues to wear the hijab? She just says it "feels right." One of my biggest pet peeves with how Muslims are portrayed in Western media is thinking that every Muslim woman wears a head scarf because the Quran says so. It's actually a huge source of debate within the religion, people have different interpretations of what modesty means, and many of us do not believe in wearing it. Then on top of that, there's the politics surrounding it. Of course I respect the women who do choose to wear it and the ones who do have a variety of reasons why. If Halo is supposed to be hijabi representation, it'd be great to know why she chooses to continue to wear it and maybe help dispel some of the stereotypes around it. As of now, it kind of seems like she only wears it because Gabrielle was a Muslim and that's what she thinks Muslims do.
4. The whole concept of the motherbox occupying the body of a dead Muslim girl. It almost feels like whitewashing in a way - you've got a character who's coded as Muslim but really isn't one. I don't know if that's the best way to describe it, but it just feels icky to me.
I'm sorry for the length and I know none of this was intentional. But it just feels like there was not enough research done when creating this character and it would've been better to have an Arab Muslim writer help create her. I do not like her as Muslim representation and I'd really like to see less emphasis on that aspect of her character. In my opinion, "Gabrielle Daou" died and her identity as a Muslim died with her. Violet Harper is a different person who simply occupies her body, so Islam does not need to continue to be a central part of Halo's character.
Since when have Bruce and Giovanni known each other?
Who is A33 whom Nightwing called for medical support?
1 Did mâcomm genuinely think that his failed bomb attack was still a victory? Or was he just making excuses so that his followers wouldnât lose faith
2 Why did poison ivy reveal the truth about the injustice league to the joker? What did she have to gain from turning the joker against the light?
3 Why did Lady Shiva show the Joker's video to orphan? Couldnât she have just ordered her to kill him? It wouldn't really have mattered to her why she had to kill him anyway.
4 Why did orphan care that she crippled batgirl wasnât killing people a thing she was raised to do since birth?
5 If lady Shiva wanted orphan back why did she wait so long to retrieve her?
1. How broke is Green Arrow?
-Hes dressed rather smart for someone whos broke.
-He could afford a hospital room for Speedy.
-Hes able to afford to run several vaults fully equipped with weaponry and the electrical bill that comes with it. He also repaired the damage from the bomb Speedy planted in it.
-He can afford arrows for himself and his protege.
-He can support himself and Roy (and probably also the medical bills that come with sending him to therapy, etc.)
2. How successful is Bowhunter Security?
3. How was Roy a shareholder in Bowhunter despite being a minor? Was Ollie a caretaker for his share as his guardian?
4. Did Ollie help Will start his Private Security business? How did he find investors for it?
When Orphan is held prisoner by the Shadows why did they take her shoes?
1) How were Jade and Artemis not put into foster care since Crusher was clearly an unfit parent?
2) Is it wishful thinking to assume that he might be a better grandfather than he was a father?
2) Which might he prefer to be called: Grandpa, Granddad, or Pop-Pop?
Why is Garfield Logan not surprise seeing Batgirl not ably to walk in young justice outsiders if Garfield left the team before batgirl lost her ability to walk ?
Garfield and Perdita love each other and Queen Perdita need a husband to have a heir to her throne so why did you mister Greg choose Garfield and Perdita would not get married as adults ?
Why would a master strategist like Vandal Savage risk pissing off a chaotic element like the Joker by not letting him in on the joke?
Was Mad Hatter active as a Gotham supervillain when Jade and Artemis came up with their code, or did he start later?
1.Does the Masked singer (US and all international versions) exist In the Young justice universe? 2. why Did Terra after She meet Forager for the time call him a Hippo when he looks nothing like one and is clearly an alien insect?
I'm working on a paper that compares the original Shakespeare play, Macbeth, to the version on the Gargoyles show. If you are okay with it, I would love to get a quote from you to use in the paper. My question is this: Are there any plots/subject matter that you wouldn't have tackled in Gargoyles if it weren't animated? If yes, which ones and why?
So did Batgirl know that this was Orphans first mission cause the exchange about trying to save her is really weird if they didn't know.
Quick questions about the Bio-Ship species. I understand that they are like horses on Mars, and there bodies are made of materials that allow them travel through space and through planetary atmospheres without injury. Making them Way More resistant to heat than the sentient Martians.
1. I would like to know how the Bio-ship converts the Martian atmosphere inside the ship into Earth atmosphere and Vis Versa. Does the ship inhale the Higher CO2 of Mars and exhale an O2 rich environment like a plant?
2. Does the Bio-ship need to breath? Not every living thing does.
I can even buy that there bodies have the necessary materials in them for shapeshifting into the complex machinery and circuitry necessary for wireless network interface with Earth computers, drones, HUDs, and radios.
But in the first season M gann states that Bio-ship does not have any weapon system, then later she is firing laser blasts at an ice fortress.
3. I made the assumption at the time that the laser thing had been installed off screen similar to the way the disintegration tech was installed during the training exercise in the episode Failsafe. But now that I see Baby-Ship with lasers too; Is it safe to say that the laser-like cannons on these Bio-Ships are a naturally occurring biological mechanism and not mechanically installed or configured?
4. Is it a learned skill and not all Bio-Ships can do it like the density shifting thing for sapient Martians?
5. I still do not understand why the sapient Martians are more afraid of the Ma alefa ak than a species that can FIRE FREAKING LASER BEAMS!.... Sorry:) The laser beam thing from an Earth animal would freak me out. Still it seems like they can easily defend themselves from Ma alefa aks with brain blasts. But can they block LASER BLASTS with telekinesis. Just saying the Bio-Ships are also way more durable; that is the animal I would think they would learn to fear.
1. If the Monkey god chose Gar to be his Beast Boy would he have been able to give Gar those powers without the Martian blood transfusion? Or did the Martian blood act as a necessary catalyst for the power of a god?
I ask because, in the small amount of screen time we have gotten from the Monkey god I think we can conclude that he is impulsive or at least mischievous enough to see that there was a kid with Martian blood and say "let me take advantage of this." Rather than having seen Gar and "chose" him before the Martian blood thing.
Of course this does not mean that he would have just done nothing with Gar at all if Gar had never gotten Martian Blood. You never know :)
2. Would Gar s skin turn green after the Monkey gods tampering or before?
I have absolutely no problem with suspending my disbelief in a TV show. That is the reason I never thought about the Law of Conservation of Mass until Season 3 episode Nightmare Monkeys. But now that I know that is a thing in universe for Young Justice I have questions about it.
1. When the Beatle scarabs give there hosts armor, weapons, tools, wings, or produces anti-bodies, where does the extra mass come from? Especially for those GIANT plasma cannons Blue Beatle and Black Beatle product during there first fight?
2. When Bane uses Venom, I can see the liquid serum
converting into muscle mass. However when Baran Flinders transforms into Mammoth there is a small amount of liquid in the injector, yet he becomes... well, MAMMOTH. Where does that mass come from?
3. When Dr. Mark Desmond uses the Blockbuster formula to transform into Blockbuster where does that mass come from?
4. If Beast Boy's powers were given to him by a god, is he a metahuman or is he more like Captain Marvel? A human granted powers that magically break the laws of physics.
5. When The Atom or Bumblebee shrink are they losing mass, or are they shrinking the space between there subatomic particles? Because if that is the case that would explain why they can not reach the subatomic level.
Seriously, I am only asking because the show brought it up.
Batgirl said she wanted to save Orphan not the Joker does that mean the Team or rather the Bat-Family know about Cass and her treatment at the hands of Lady Shiva cause I think that's the only way that exchange makes sense, This is really confusing can you explain this part.
1. So can we get a confirmation on whether Vandal Q Savage is his full name also does the Q stand for Killjoy?
2. I really liked the whole thing with Joker you did here also it's kinda hilarious that he didn't know for 8 years, now for the timeline to make sense does this mean 8 years from when they were recruited or from the incident.
3. Jason name drop was nice to hear I wonder why you would name him this episode and that red hooded ninja we saw on infinity island definitely suspicious I wonder what could that be.
4. I am really hoping for Jason vs Freddie this season granted the actual movie was just okay, but I would love to have this certain character have camaraderie and not die alone hopefully this wasn't complete gibberish ah well I suppose I can't help it, anyways can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
4. I really like your rendition of the Killing Joke and boy it really was a Killing Joke. Is there any particular reason you guys changed the design for Joker and If so what were your influences, I really liked that you guys brought back Brent Spiner his Joker is one that I would love to hate.
When will we see more gargoyles stories and so on.
Why did M'gann wait about a month to go for M'comm? Did she wait for investigation results to be sure that M'comm was indeed the one who planted the bomb? Were M'gann and J'onn there to arrest M'comm?
Hello, I was a big fan of your work on Spectacular Spider-Man.
1. Have you read some of the new Spider heroes like Miles Morales, Cindy Moon, Anya Corazon, etc. What is your opinion of them, and woulf you have used them if given the chance?
2. Who is your favorite girl to be paired with Peter Parker, or if you can't decide on one, who are your favorite romantic interests of Peter?
Not sure if you will answer me, but I have always being curious about something from Spectacular Spider-Man.
How old was Black Cat in the cartoon?
Hi, i have a few questions for Young Justice which has been very intriguing throughout all content of this show. A little mystery is a neat way to keep me interested.
1. With this season being Phantoms...is it possible that Lieutennant Marvel's "Authorized Ghost" of a brother could show up alongside the Lieutennant himself?
1a. Or did Freddy's rank change to being the new "Big Red Cheese" proper by now?
2. Who debuted first in the YJ JSA? Diana, Jay, Alan or the Hawks? It would be interesting to see a universe where Alan "can stand up to Parallax and live while retaining my sanity" Scott came first.
3. Given the spy genre...any chance Catwoman might go shopping for a red fedora with a golden stripe, red trenchcoat, golden turtleneck dress and red pumps to go with the catsuit? I mean she might have that outfit just to help Damian learn his geography in the future...or agitate Bruce...or both?
Does Cassandra Savage have any meta-human powers such as her father's healing factor, or is she a baseline human?
In the flashback in "The Lady, or the Tigress?" were Garth and Troia considering stepping up to fight the Joker during his attack on the U.N.?
What caused the strife between Professor Ojo and Icicle Jr.?
Why is the Riddler not taken seriously?
How did he manage to escape?
Question about romance,
Which members of the team, not just the OG team, had relationships with other heroes like who else did Dick date? Did Tim Drake ever date Cassandra. Stuff like that.
Thanks for your time!
Hi, I love Young Justice, wanted to ask..
1. How do they recruit members for "the team" are there specific standards they hold them to, and if so do they vote like the JL?
2. How many members/past members of the team are LGBTQ if so which ones
3. Are there any costumes you hate or any costumes you wish could be different
Why did Beast Boy tell the fans of the Outsiders on earth that Superboyy is dead ?
How long did it take Beast Boy and Superman to get back to Earth from Mars after Conner's death ?
I literally just realized something. Now I could be wrong, but I don't think we have ever seen the Light (or any of the villains really) make use of Zeta Tube technology for themselves or have their own system in place. I know they have Father Boxes and everything, but given how resourceful the Light is, I know they could most definitely get a Zeta tube network one if they wanted. Have the Light ever used Zeta Tubes? Or do they rely solely on Father Boxes?
The fact the Light don't use Zeta Tubes at all seems like a very conscious detail on your part. Was that intentional?
These questions are all related to the Zeta Tube. I'm guessing it's easier for you if the questions follow a theme.
1.You said in a previous post that the Zeta tubes don't rely (at least solely) on genetics since they can recognize Red Tornado and Sphere who are mechanical, or how Roy, Jim and Will are all clones yet it can still distinguish them. So, if not a genetic scan, how does the Zeta Tube recognize each user? My best guess is that it relies on some kind of database archive that the League maintains with enough information on each person and their characteristics to know who is who. Is that close?
2. Do all Zeta Tubes have a designation system? E.g do the ones on Rann have them as well?
3. What about when it comes to wearing masks and disguises? Will was still designated as Speedy even after changing his outfit and becoming Red Arrow. So, what if say, Dick put on the Batman costume and tried the Zeta Tube? Would it know the difference? Or what about when Artemis when she was wearing the glamour charm? Or better yet Cassandra? This only occurred to me just now, but she was wearing a glamour charm when she was scanned by the Zeta Tube, and it failed to recognize her. So, is that why it couldn't recognize her?
4. This a fun one, but since Sphere is technically alive despite being technology, then could a Mother Box and or Father Box have a Zeta Tube designation since they are "living beings" as well? Or what about Bio-Ship, assuming it was big enough to accommodate her?
5.Would a Zeta Tube work inside the Tower of Fate?
Who told Dick and Will and Kaldur'hm that Superboy was kill on mars and when were they told that Conner was dead?
What Beast Boy and Superman talk out on trip back to Earth after Suoperboy was kill on planet Mars ?
In episode 7 of season 4 we see a bunch of white martians lying on the ground after being attacked by M'gann. The audio description says they're "corpses". So, are those martians actually dead? If so, why didn't J'onn apprehend M'gann afterwards? why didn't he intervene when she was confronting M'comm? it's not like they were having a nice conversation.
Questions regarding the YJ version of Damian:
1. Is Bruce Wayne the father of Damian?
2. Why is Damian not addressed by his Arabic name, Ibn al Xu'ffasch ("Son of the Bat")?
3. At present, Bruce Wayne still does not know about his son's existence?
It appears The Light know many of the superheroes' secret identities. Why haven't they revealed any of them to the public? Seems like that would do a lot of help by making their lives more complicated. And since Queen Bee said Nightwing's team was being led by Dick Grayson in "Home Fires" does that means they know Batman is Bruce Wayne?
I have some young justice questions for you Mr Weisman 1. How old is Onyx Adams as of season 4 ? 2. With all of her responsibilities to both the light and league of assassins does Lady Shiva ever get any time off to Relax and unwind? 3.How did the joker get poison ivy to tell him that the light was using the Injustice League as puppets ?
I was shocked that Barbara's paralysis was due to Cassandra Wu-San's actions in the YJ universe. Was this change made because you felt it creates a much more emotional impact than just having Joker shooting Barbara like in "The Killing Joke"?
Artemis is a professor of comparative literature and is half-Vietnamese. This begs the question: does Artemis know French? How fluent is she?
In a previous posting, I asked if M'gann was going to blame her brother for the (apparent) death of Superboy, but this question has now already been answered for me. However, with her brother ruled out as the prime suspect, will M'gann now blame Saturn Girl once they finally meet each other?
What day did Joker's bomb threat on the UN took place?
Hey Greg! I am doing my part to #SaveEarth16 by rewatching all of YJ for the umpteenth time while I *anxiously* await next week's episode (s4, episode 8). I'm sure you and your team are loving torturing us with the anticipation of weekly releases. Fantastic job well done to all involved in bringing back my and many's favorite shows!
Now, onto the questions.
1) For this Artemis arc, what inspired the references to classic literature? Stephanie has such a soulful voice during these voiceovers, especially for the end credits!
2) Did you intend for there to be parallels to Artemis's intro to the Team (and first showdown with Cheshire) by bringing back the Infiltrators Virus, double agents, and an excellent sisterly team up?
3) Were Dick and Barbara already together during that fateful mission to stop Joker at the UN?
4) Was there any discussion on a mass release of the season, or were you and Brandon set on a weekly release due to the need to digest all that will be taking place in the show?
Did Babs know that the Light was sending a newbie assassin to go after Joker, or did she guess Cass was on her first mission on the spot? If she guessed, was there something in particular that clued her in that Cass wasn't already a killer, or was it pure intuition? It seems like an awfully big risk to take when she didn't know if it was someone who'd killed before who wouldn't bat an eye at collateral damage.
1 So was there actually a mission where cassandra savage attempted to recruit killer croc? Or was that all fake
2 Was Joker the only one of the Injustice League unaware that he was a proxy because he stated in season 4 episode 7 that he was the only one out of the loop.
3 Since ma'alefa'ak was aware that Miss Martian knew his hideout. He should have known a counterattack was imminent after his virus bomb failed. Why did ma'alefa'ak remain in his underground hideout and not change location? He was almost captured as a result
4 Does lady shiva have any genuine affection for orphan?
5 Why did the light not consider killing joker after the injustice league incident so that he could not become a nuisance later like he became?
Why did Cheshire free shade? Did he offer her something in return or was she just being nice?
Who made the Glamour Charm for Cassandra Savage?
When did you and Brandon decide Orphan would be the one to (unintentionally) paralyze Barbara? I love these twists on classic comic stories.
Why did Miss Martian seed Garfield back to earth with Superman after Superboy died on mars ?
Dear Mr weisman when orphan first met the bat family did Batman and any of the others forgive her for an unintended tragedy like Bat girl did?
Q1) If someone was involuntarily turned into an animal for a period of time and it wasn't immediately reversible and they needed to use a Zeta Tube - would they be given a C designation while transformed into an animal? Or would the animal form use the untransformed designation?
Q3) Are Tim Drake and Dinah Drake (Lance) related? I'm assuming no, but you've adjusted other character relations, so worth asking.
Q4) With Helga back in Markovia, is anyone acting as Den Mother in the Outsider's penthouse? No need to name names, a yes or no will do.
Q5) Since you have Batwoman as starting in Team Year 6, is one of the reasons she became Batwoman because Batman was unavailable to fight crime in Gotham due to being on trial in space?
Hi greg first thanks a lot for showing how useful Barbara is as oracle, I love her relationship with Dick in YJ I'd really love to see more of their relationship but Im not going to ask for spoilers just about a few things in their past which we didn't get to see
1- when or how did Barbara find out Dick was a dog ? Lol and was she mad at first ?
2- in the tie-in comics we see they have a "friends-with-benefits" kind of relationship, so how long were they in this ?
3- did Barbara date many guys before Dick ?
4- did Barbara and Jason bard meet in the physical therapy ? Was Dick jealous when he first meet bard ?
5- how long it took to Barbara accept to date Dick ? Since she says he wasn't ready for her yet I believe Dick really had to prove he was ready for a serious relationship right ?
Sorry for any mistake english is not my first language, thanks
1. When did Dick Grayson adopt the name Nightwing?
2. When did Jason Todd officially become Robin and die?
3. Were there circumstances similar to the comics that lead the second and third iterations of Robin to become Batman's protege?
I have always loved "Bereft" because I enjoyed seeing Wally and Artemis meet again - for the first time! I especially enjoyed the banter between them in this episode. Who was responsible for that - was it you or Nicole? And who came up with the "ninja boyfriend" thing?
I'm pretty sure I already submitted a version of this question, but it was deleted and I have no idea why. So, I'm going to try again with a different phrasing.
1) Do only you and Brandon determine the basic premise for each episode?
2) Do your writers have an opportunity to pitch their own ideas to you? For example, can a writer say to you: "I have a great idea for a story about X, can I pitch it to you and see if it meshes with your plans for this season?" Would you consider this is appropriate behaviour? Or, is this writer crossing a line and going to be looking for a new job?
Hi Greg, I'm very happy for the new season of Young Justice
I have some questions
1) What does Lex Luthor think about Conner and Megan's wedding?
2) Did Conner or Megan consider inviting Lex to the wedding?
2a) If Lex wasn't invited, would he send him a wedding gift?
3) Why can you reveal Ed's sexual orientation but not Bart's? What is the difference between them?
4) Had Iris and Barry ever planned to tell Don that Bart is his future son? Iris looks very angry when Bart called him "dad"
I really loved when Artemis read the end of "Tale of Two cities" I almost cried, that was beautiful, congratulations to the person who had that idea.
Will you keep pushing tptb to change their minds about the one character that's not allowed to be gay onscreen?
A lot of Beast Boy trauma all began with Queen Bee- killed his mother, and took over his childhood home. From joining the Doom Patrol-The Team- becoming Meta-Human Advocate/Celebrity Actor- and now leader of the Outsiders. Aside from his inspiration to bring justice to the world, is there any personal motivation for bringing justice to Queen Bee for her crimes that motivated Gar to become a hero.
Is siperboy coming back to the young justice and officially marry miss martian or he is did for good
In young justice outsiders episode 12 did the person who sent the google glass to Queen Perdita's hotel room intended for Perdita or Garfield ?
Where did Greg Markov live at after his brother took the throne in the last episode of young justice outsiders ?
After Superboy die on mars who did Wolf live with ?
1 Cassandra Savage mentioned that Shiva sent manta troopers to confirm that Tigress was the new team leader. Do the manta troopers now work for the league of shadows with black manta in prison?
2 Is rictus male or female?
3 Did black spider have a lot of respect for Cheshire when she was still a shadow? Because he sounds very bitter of her betrayal in season 4 Ep 6
4 Was deathstroke a member of the league of shadows before he became the head of the shadows?
5 Why did the league of shadows choose to operate in Santa prisca?
We see Satyrn Girl, Phantom Girl and Chameleon boy in yj, but where's Lightning Lad and Cosmic boy? They founded the legion alongside Imra.
I know you're not on top of the products and sales, but how come Gargoyles season 2 vol 1 is out of stock everywhere while vol 2 and season 1 are readily available? Same with the Clan-Building comics, even if I want to buy a used version, it says it costs $1000 on amazon. So is there ever going to be a re-release of the products with its resurgence on Disney+?
Were Conner and Mâgann planning to have kids and if so how many?
Why did Black Manta want to destroy the Earth-Mars communications satellite?
How did Dick get Zatanna to design the Glamour Charm?
I really admire you as a story teller, and love that young justice got 4 seasons. I will always be excited for whatever you produce!
How difficult is it to create a completely new character for a show based on someone else's intellectual property? Was it hard to get approval for Green Beetle?
Is Cassandra Savage Brazilian?
How did Amanda Waller plan to keep Clayface in line if he joined the squad? You cannot really use neck implanted explosive dice heâs Clayface and it won it hurt him.
1) I'm really amazed that Artemis has a genuine interest in literature! She always struck me as the kind of person who would rather kick ass than engage in solitary intellectual pursuits. In season one, she shows little interest in reading. She was enrolled in comparative literature in season 2, but that is a major young people often choose when they have no idea what they want to do with their lives.
1) Was Artemis being a reader something that you had imagined pre-season one or is it something that developed over time?
2) Who are Artemis' five favourite living writers? Of any genre?
3) Who are Artemis' five favourite dead/historical writers? Of any genre?
4) Does Artemis dislike Milton? (I ask because I see him as being too elitist for Artemis' personality.)
5) Does Artemis have a specific field or era of interest? The field of comparative literature is rather large.
Will Beast Boys bio suit eventually want to leave like the bio ship? Will his clothes just decide to leave in the middle of a fight?
Hi Greg, I love YJ and have been watching since it first aired on CN, my question is, why did The Reach only abduct teens and no adults? Wouldnât people be less likely to notice or look for missing adults than teens? Thanks even if you canât answer!
How old is the monkey who bit Gar?
Are Floyd and Leroy Bell brothers?
Are they pre-existing comic characters?
why has kaldur always been a pretty emotionless character in YJ was this always apart of his arc?
One of my favorite things about YJ is the way Batman was portrayed in S1. I loved how he was a father figure and a mentor - we rarely get to see that side of him in DC media. We didn't see him much in S2, but I felt like he was emotionally closed off when saying bye to his kids before leaving for Rimbor. And by S3, he feels very cold and distant - especially in the way he talked to Tim in Triptych. I'm wondering if this was a deliberate character choice or if this is just the result of the show changing focus after S1?
Do the members of the light have specific roles in the organization? Or do they just pick any villain that has enough influence?
1. What are the words Halo says in âold godâ?
2. Can you type out the Atlantean Translation Spell Kaldur uses on Dolphin?
Is it safe to say that Garfield thinks of killing Queen Bee every now and then (not that he'd act on those thoughts, obviously)?
Why won't Unnamed-Meta-Teen-A-Four-one reveal her name?
Where was Big Barda during the fight between the Furies and the Team?
Why did Terra panic after learning that Gabrielle allowed Jaculi to kill the king and queen?
Does Icicle Junior know about Superboy's death? If so how did he react?
After the doom patrol was form did the doom patrol ever work with the justice league or the team on a mission in young justice timeline if not why not ?
When Rita was still alive why did she not let Garfield join his blood sister M'gann on the team after Garfield learn to control his power to change into animals ?
Why did Queen Perdita not call Garfield and tell him she was sorry Conner was dead after Perdita learn Conner was dead ?
1. How does Ollie afford to maintain so many equipment stashes in Star City (and possibly abroad as well) if heâs broke? He mentioned that if the vault was compromised it would be âno huge lossâ
2. Are Dinah and Roy close?
3. How close are Tigress and Arsenal?
4. Does Jim live in Geranium City or Star City?
Why did Beast Boy no longer love Perdita by the time of Young Justice season 4 episode 6 after Beast Boy listen to a message Perdita says she loves Beast Boy in Young Justice season 4 episode 2 ?
Why did Garfield choose not listen to what Queen Perdita had to say after Garfield watch Brion's speech in young justice episode Artemis through the looking glass ? Did Garfield return to earth from mars on bioship baby or on Javelin after Superdoy died on mars?
What are the names of the Reach Ambassador and the Reach Scientist?
Just so that I can understand this correctly, the Justice League and the Team will never know that Ocean-Master had been killed by Lady Shiva and they probably think he still out there somewhere after getting out of prison in Atlantis (in which I assume that he had escaped in secret without anyone noticing)?
Who are the Justice League members for designation numbers 28 through 35?
In the Young Justice Wiki, Gretchen Goode's designation in The Light was confirmed to be L-11. But you've recently said in a response posting that this is now Ultra-Humanite's designation in The Light. Is this actually true, or is Ultra-Humanite's designation is supposed to be L-12 and Zviad Baazovi's designation is supposed to be L-13? The next question I want to ask is why The Brain is no longer a member of The Light? Finally, my last question is why was Black Manta expelled from the Light?
When did Leslie Wills become Livewire?
When did Andie become Mist?
When did Lia Briggs become Looker?
When did Tula become Aquagirl?
When did Cassandra Sandsmark become Wonder Girl?
When did Artemis and Wally get Brucely?
How did Lucas Carr become associated with the Team?
Why is Scarab incompatible with boom tubes and Apokoliptan tech?
How did Jim learn he was a clone?
What did Superboy mean when he said he could "relate" to Appellaxian husk wanting to "end its pain?"
How is Icon familiar with intergalactic law?
I could've sworn I had asked this question before, but I can't find it in the archives, sooo....
Lian originally made-up the name "Auntie Mouse", her nickname for Artemis, because as an infant she couldn't pronounce Artemis correctly, right? Was that your idea?
Does the Term Princes All the first episode of season 3 happen to be some kind of literary reference because I always found this phrasing a little unusual, so does this term have some deeper significance or was it just an arbitrary choice.
Why did beast boy make the choice to stop dating Perdita during young justice phantoms?
1. Was Nightwing aware of the fact that M'gann was putting people in a catatonic state before Conner told him she fried Kaldur's brain? Or was he oblivious to it.
1: Were mammoth and shimmer recruited to the kobra cult because they were twins? Or was that just a out of universe decision on your part due to kobra connection to twins?
2: How does Shimmer feel about mammoth transformation?
3: How long were they members of the cult?
3b: Did they leave the cult over his transformation or did they remain members?
4: How long has the current incarnation of suicide squad been operating?
4b: Is it the first incarnation of tast force x?
5: Was rick flag jr's father a member of the original task force x/suicide squad?
Who is telling the truth, Onyx or Cassandra?
Which "Cassandra" was Lady Shive referring to when she was talking with Black Spider: Wu-Sun or Savage?
Why was Cheshire surprised at seeing Shade helping out?
Did Weather Wizard create the hurricane?
Hello! Me again, with two more questions! Are we going to find out how the Doom Patrol died in Young Justice? If so, is Gar and Mento going to have a confrontation about it
When were Ra's and Sensei deposed by Deathstroke and Lady Shiva?
Why did Beast Boy stop loving Queen Perdita by the time of young justice season 4 ?
In 2017 after Garfield Logan left the team why did Miss Martian and the team still let Garfield use the Zeta Tubes ?
Is there a Zeta tube on Themiscyra?
It looks as though the version of "Drop-Zone" that has the incorrect timestamps is the one on HBO Max. Do you think that HBO Max will replace it with the correct version if asked to do so? I wonder if it might takes the fans and the creators (both asking HBO Max) to make that happen.
I had a question about Red Tornado in S1E19 (Misplaced). What was it about Red Tornado that made him end up in the adult version of the world? Does the spell work so that beings irrespective of biology >18 earth years end up in the adult world?
Additionally, was the spell localized to just earth?
(Thank you for all your work! LOVING Phantoms by the way)
1) When did Wesley Dodds become Sandman?
2) When did Al Pratt become the Atom?
3) When did Rex Tyler become Hourman?
4) When did Charles McNider become Doctor Mid-Nite?
5) When did the Dragon King become a supervillain?
This is a non spoiler question and Iâm aware that youâre willing to make more seasons of YJ. My question is: Will there be any comic book tie ins in the future like you did btw S1 and S2. Thatâs all thank you.
My father and I recently started watching "Young Justice" and are enjoying it greatly.
I have a few questions:
1. I love the realistic depiction of powers; I do, however, have some questions about the Martians. I am a bit confused as to why Ms. Martian doesn't telepathically blast all her enemies at various points in the show--or why she doesn't telekinetically repel or control them all, similarly to how Parasite controlled Superboy. When fighting Slade on the Manta submarine, could she not, regardless of whether or not it would be advantageous, not force him to fall asleep or smash him repeatedly against a wall?
2. On a similar note, how do Rocket's powers exactly work? Could she defeat nearly anyone in a fight by enclosing them in a bubble (Superman, Batman, etc)? Obviously, the trick is to combat her with multiple opponents.
3. Is there a character who is considered the most central to the show; and why was the cast expanded so much in subsequent seasons?
Please continue the good work.
On occasions when you say "NO SPOILERS" in response postings, is that your way of saying, "Some questions have a way of answering themselves if you wait and observe"?
In regards to the end credits scene in which Superman was talking to Lois on the phone, I wonder how long it took for him to eventually realize that he would go back to Earth WITHOUT his shoes and if he'd be embarrassed by the late realization?
With Superman and Lois Lane's marriage, that means Superboy is Lois' brother-in-law and Jonathan's uncle, correct? And that also means Jonathan and Martha Kent are Lois' father-in-law and mother-in-law too, correct?
Based on my observations, it appears the time traveling saboteur is attempting to frame the Legion of Super-Heroes for the apparent death of Superboy; thus making them look like the villains in the eyes of the Justice League and the Team if they ever eventually encounter them. If that is the case, does that mean the Legion will have to find a way to prove their innocence?
Due to Superboy's apparent death (as I firmly believe he is not truly dead), the major concern here is whether M'gann will blame her brother (regardless if M'comm claims he was not aware that there was a Kryptonite component in the bomb) and if this will send M'gann back towards a dark path that was seen in Season 2?
Young Justice Questions for Greg Weisman:
1. When the series began, how long had Batman already been the elected leader of the Justice League at that time?
2. At the end of the third season, was the co-leadership position abolished by the Justice League, or is it still on-going?
3. What were the exact circumstances that led Orm to be exposed as Ocean-Master? Please keep in mind that I am not asking for a lengthy explanation; I'm just simply trying to understand how he messed up so badly.
4. If and when another member of the Justice League eventually takes over the leadership position from Black Lightning, will that person continue with the initiatives that Black Lightning has been working on?
5. In regards to Jason Todd (whom I believe, without a doubt, is the red-hooded ninja), was he killed and resurrected in similar manner as depicted in the animated film, "Batman: Under the Red Hood," but the difference being that he did not run away after being resurrected?
It is evidently clear that, much like YJ Season 3, there is another acrostic for YJ Season 4; with the first letter of each episode title forming a hidden message. Looking at all the revealed titles thus far on the YJ Wiki, the first 10 letters obviously spell out "Invitation." I will admit to you here that I have been trying to make multiple guesses to what the full 26-letter message is. At this point in time, I can only come up with two possible answers:
"Invitations have been revoked" OR "Invitations to double wedding."
You may be scratching your head in confusion and asking yourself at this point, "Why does this person believe this is the meaning of the hidden message and how did they come up with two possible conclusions?"
First off, we know that there was supposed to be a wedding between Superboy and Miss Martian; which instead presumably ended in tragedy at the end of the fourth episode of the current season. The first possible interpretation I came up with assumes that the entire fourth season is going to end on some kind of horribly sour note with none of the main characters failing to achieve their respective happiness (due to tragedies; personal and otherwise). The second possible interpretation I came up with assumes that some kind of much-needed miracle and an equally big unexpected surprise (a positive one, of course) will happen during the second half of the fourth season; which would obviously make much more sense when you think about it.
I'm personally hoping above all hope that it is the latter of the two interpretations of the hidden message because I'm worried that the series is forcing the characters to suffer too many losses to the point that things may never get better for them.
What killed the Doom Patrol?
Are Beast Boy's powers really derived from Martian blood?
Where did the Doom Patrol live?
Will General Zahl join the Light?
My Question is more logistical. I am curious of the process of V.A.s specifically of Star Trek association.
I have been waiting on some actors to appear, but assume some are too expensive. For example I believe that you reached out to Patrick Stewart for a past project and that aforementioned issue left him unaffordable for your desire. I look at others who I haven't expected to see appearing animation projects i.e. K. Mulgrew reprising Captain Janeway.
As a Teekkie myself, I have been hoping more actors show up. One I've been hoping is Erick Avari who has such a unique voice. I also assume the legendary George Takei is practically off limits. Your thoughts, and are you open to the NEW series of Trek actors?
How were auditioned done for season four? Was any done during the lock down?
Who suggested Logan Browning for Onyx? She's so good!
Did Karen go through with altering her daughter's genome?
Is the Ryan who sent Karen her suit from Ray's lab Ryan Choi? If so, is he the Atom now?
When did Jason join the team and how did he die?
Who is Raquel marrying?
When did Ted Grant become Wildcat?
When did Wesley Dodds become Sandman?
When did Jay Garrick become the Flash?
When did Al Pratt become Atom?
When did Rex Tyler become Hourman?
When did Alan Scott become Green Lantern?
When did Charles McNider become Doctor Mid-Nite?
1. If Roy asks Ollie to get rid of his goatee, will Ollie do it?
2. Do the members of Arrow family like the chili Ollie make?
3. Are Dinah and Babara good friends?
4. What was Green Arrow doing in Season 3, he let Arrowette work with the Bat Team but what was he doing in the season?
5. In the very first episode, why would Green Arrow tell Red Arrow (still speedy at that time) the Hall of Justice isn't the real base instead the watchtower is?
The second arc is titled after works of literature... because Artemis is a lit professor.
The third arc is titled after backwards spells... because Zatanna.
But what are the first arc episodes titled after? I can't see the connection between the titles and the main players.
Hi Greg! I'm such a big fan of you and the spectacular team's take on Spider-Man. I grew up with Spectacular, (and young justice!) and it came back as a big inspiration in my life as an artist and writer after insomniacs fantastic games and rereading the classic comics from when I was a kid. You have created my favorite versions of these characters by modernizing them and giving them that classic feel in ways that blow my mind. Im a pretty classic spidey fan (i love lee/ditko/romita) despite being in my teens and I value cohesion like your take did. I have a question however from an aspiring writer to a professional;
If I think that a version long passed (yours) was the best version of something, what can I do to personally find a way to make my own take, despite having a similar mindset? Should I be afraid to be similar?
I would really value your opinion and again, thanks for your fantastic and inspiring work. Really hoping to see more of your stuff!
Which misconceptions about Captain Atom and his supporting cast annoy you the most?
What is Rictus' real name?
How old is she?
She's a she, right?
Are her cybernetic enhancements Fatherbox?
I have a couple of YJ time travel related questions that may or may not run afoul of being spoilers.
1. When Neutron changed to being healthy and not having a collar at the end of 2x06, did he get the memories that he would have had in the new reality Bart created when he asked why it didn't all change? Or will he get those memories over time?
2. Why was he there in that moment? What reason would he have for being there if him sending Bart back was no longer necessary? Or does time travel work in the sense that it only takes hold from the moment someone travelled back from?
3. Was that new future itself transitive, ie did it result from only what Bart changed so far (as of the end of 2x06) and not take in what Bart would change later in the season? Or was the destroyed Mount Justice a direct sign that it didn't, as that happened later in 2x09?
4. This will probably get no spoilers, but if its the latter from Q3 and the destroyed Mount Justice is from 2x09, then does that mean that Neutron's judgement that nothing else changed could be (not is) wrong?
5. Once again, this will likely get no spoilers, but in the future that Bart is from can we assume the Light lost somehow against the Reach?
Thanks so much
I'm wondering why Robin is on the Outsiders when the rest of the batfam/his former squad is on the Team? I'm guessing Robin is the only bat protege known to the public, but I'd think Tim's skills would be more useful on the covert team.
Why is Desaad supplying Intergang with Apokoliptan and Genesisisan technology?
When Martian Manhunter said that he knows that Batman knows that trauma tends to linger, does that mean that he knows about Batman's past?
How big was Demonaâs Clan by the Battle of Rathveramoen?
Hi Greg! First of all, I love Young Justice dearly; itâs such a nostalgic show with an incredible rewatch value too. Needless to say, Iâm watching season 4 with the same interest as I did back when I was a kid. Hot me totally hooked up. But I also have 3 questions about the current season:
1. In this weekâs episode, Artemis is in the park waiting for her sis, an Â«international assassinÂ Â» and her boyfriend asks her Â«Â Oh is he a handsome international assassin?Â Â» to which she answers Â«Â Who says itâs an he?Â Â» which is followed up by his Â«Â Strangely, Iâm even more jealous nowÂ Â». Is this some kind of confirmation for a bisexual Artemis?
2. For how long did Dick live with Bruce before leaving and getting his own apartment? And does Bruce send him like... monthly support money too or something?
3. Would you say Jason Toddâs death happened before the Chalant break up or after or is it too spoilery of you to tell?
Do characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam/Captain Marvel have genuine super-speed (e.g. the ability to perform actions at super-speed, superhuman reflexes ... etc.) like the Flashes? Or, do they just fly and run at great speeds?
A. Who trained Arsenal to use the katana?
A1. Can Arsenal still use his bow and arrow?
B. How good is Arrowette compared to Arsenal?
C. Why does Tigress call Arrowette and Arsenal to the library instead of Green Arrow or Black Canary?
D. Does the Arrowfam have family dinners?
E. Is Jim Harper friendly with Ollie?
F. Since Red Arrow didnât take the news of Artemis becoming GAs new sidekick very well, was it the same case when it came to Arsenal when Arrowette became new sidekick to GA?
1) How did Demona buy her house in Chelsea?
2) How will she react to Goliathâs death?
3) When she tells Angela âI know every remaining Gargoyleâ is she talking about the Manhattan Clan, does she know about the surviving clans or is she just putting on a show?
4) I got the impression that Goliath and Demona both wanted to reconcile but he gave up on her at the end of âCity of Stoneâ when did she give up on him?
5) If Demona had her epiphany, seen the error of her ways and realized she was responsible for her misery at the end of âCity of Stoneâ would Goliath have taken her back?
I have a few questions about Demona one of my favorite characters in the show and the one I pity most.
1) How much money does Demona have?
2) Does she know Thailog is still alive by hunters moon?
3) What is her position in Nightstone Unlimited before and after Thailogâs betrayal?
4) What was her real reaction to learning who Angela was?
In "Rescue Op" Barbara's computer finds a match for something which she considers "intriguing". What was it?
Within Earth 16 is it possible for one to be both a metahuman and a proficient magic user? Almost everyone so far seem to be one or the other.
1. Within the universe of Earth 16 can magic users simply cast spells to replicate some of the powers that metahumans and aliens have, even if in a limited capacity? I.e. someone using magic to levitate someone or create fire to achieve the same effects that a telekinetic or a metahuman with fire based powers have.
2. Can human magic users and Martian magic users learn and use each other's magics? Like Sâyraa Sâmitt using Zatanna's backwards incantations?
1. How do Garfield's powers register new species for him to shapeshift into? What's stopping him from taking say a Martian's, a Kryptonian's, or a Bioship's form?
2. Is there any particular reason why Martians only have one nation and not hundreds like humans have on Earth?
3. Was Paula Nguyen and/or her family (asking about her family from before she married Crusher) displaced by the US's imperialist actions in Vietnam?
Hi, I just found out Season 4 is back and rewatched the previous seasons recently. Really love it!
Some of my questions:
1. Are Green Arrow and Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) close friends like they were in the Pre-52 comics?
2. Have Green Arrow and Black Canary considered having a child of their own?
3. Who knows Green Arrow's secret id, besides Black Canary, Red Arrow, Arsenal, Artemis, and Arrowette obviously.
4. At the beginning of Season 3, Green Arrow exited the league with Batman without telling Black Canary first, did they later have a fight about it privately? Did it affect their relationship cause at the end of the season they don't seem so close to each other.
Thanks in advance!!!
1. Is Cluemaster's name Arthur Brown?
2. Is Stephanie Brown's mothers name Crystal Brown?
3. This will 99% get no spoilers, but I'll try, is orphan's father David Cain?
Hi, wanted to say that I'm a big fan of YJ!
My questions mostly relate to season 3 continuity stuff, specifically the whole Batman reading Slade's micro expressions thing, and more specifically Atremis's knowledge of it.
She said that "we" have known since before they found her, implying that Nightwing/Batman told her what batman had seen. Does that mean that she was aware of the whole anti-light thing too, and if so was she made aware specifically because of that reason? (since she didn't know that Nightwing was talking to Oracle in the first episode, I assume she wasn't aware of it at that time, and since she's never named among the conspirators). Also, if she didn't know, did she just get told that Tara is a mole because Batman saw Slade's micro expressions so without asking why Batman was involved with Tara in the first place? And where was she during the episode where Jefferson basically blew the lid on the whole plot? I assume that if she wasn't already fully aware of the whole plot, she was made so before the full reveal to the rest of the team and league at the end of the season?
Sorry for the long paragraph, I just have been unsure on the depth and duration of Artemis' knowledge of the whole anti-light thing for a while.
1) When did Fire become a superheroine on Earth-16?
2) When did Magog become a superhero on Earth-16?
3) When did Steel become a superhero on Earth-16?
4) When did Wildcat become a superhero on Earth-16?
5) When did Dinah Drake become a superheroine on Earth-16?
1. Has there any plans for introducing Raven and Starfire in Young Justice? Just putting it out there, Raven is my favorite and sheâs awesome!
2. I really like Black Spider is a homage to Marvelâs Spider-Man! Heâs funny yet deadly! Was that intentional?
1. How old is Orphan in s4?
2. How old is Robin in s4?
3. Is Tim as smart as he is in the comics, in the show?
Why is Barbara going by "Oracle" now?
When Will asks Dick who he's here to recruit this time, who did Dick recruit the other time and for what?
When did John Henry Irons become Steel?
When Jaculi murdered the king and queen was there a control chip on him?
When was Gabrielle Doue hired at the palace?
Well for some reason my questions got deleted so ima ask this again
1. Who knows Steel's secret identity?
2. Who knows The Atom's Secret identity?
3. Who knows Hawkman's secret identity?
4. Who knows Hawkwoman's secret identity?
I already asked why Hro is bald so ima ask this
5. What happened to his eyebrows? did he singe them off too?
Happy to see Black Spider back in action in the latest season of Young Justice. Given how his skill set is so different from the comic Black Spider, who's idea was it to make the show's incarnation Peter Parker's evil twin? With how similar Black Spider is to Spectacular Spider-Man, even sharing the same voice actor, did any of the higher ups attempt to stop the character's creation in fear of upsetting some lawyers?
Is Rictus male or female?
How hard is it to clean up Black Spider's webs?
When was Will Everett born?
Hey Greg I'm a big fan of how the Martian race is depicted in YJ that they have a less human looking natural form, that they have less shared powers with Kryptonians and the world building for them.
1) If it's not a spoiler request when between seasons did Conner and Gar first meet M'gann's folks?
2) Did J'onn meet M'aatt before he got sent to Earth or after he first came back to Mars?
3) I couldn't help but notice how excited M'aatt looked when he spoke about building an alter with Conner. Am I right in guessing this was either the first time he got to do so or he didn't get to do this for a lot of his G'arrunn kids?
4)I'm admittedly not the most well read individual but I know enough pop culture to tell you guys drew on a lot of different inspirations for the Martian race and culture. What were the main influences?
5) Did M'gann have any other default forms between seasons before settling on the one in Phantoms?
Is Looker Scottish or Irish? It sounds as though she has a Celtic accent, but I can't place which one it is (sorry)!
In Outsiders, was it your intention for Khary's voicing of Amistad to be comedic?
Is the Vault the same place that Roy raided in "Satisfaction"?
1. In the latest episode, "Artemis Through the Looking Glass", it appears as though El Dorado has the designation D-07. Since he was never a member of the Team, did he ever have a B-designation?
2. Since Cyborg was never a member of the Team, did he ever have a B-designation?
3. Regarding the D-designations (for the Outsiders), were these created/implemented immediately after that squad was formed (December of Team Year Eight)? Or was it a while before they came up with the idea to have their own group of designations with their own assigned letter?
Was Roy father a ranger?
How old is Will Everett aka Amazing Man?
How old is Holly the dog?
How old is Rictus?
The couple fighting across the street in the flashback of episode 6, what are their names and when were they born?
What's their dog's name and when was it born?
Is it safe to say that there's a lot of terrible parenting associated with the Light and/or the League of Shadows?
So In Overwhelmed when Robin and Kid Flash are using the word "Ject"(They use this after using ejected,subjected,rejected) would it mean the same as the Latin word ject meaning throw or is there some other Wordplay I am missing.
It was very cool to see Looker in this week's episode of Young Justice Phantoms. She's a serious deep cut. Any other Outsiders from that era you'd want to get into that show ?
Just Some Thoughts and Questions on Artemis Through The Looking Glass.
1. The ending excerpt about Trust and Belief from Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There was just perfection, I am really loving these Literature themed episodes.
2. What made you guys decide on the Amazing-Man and Onyx connection, If my Knowledge is correct I think this purely an Earth-16 thing.
3. Jade was referencing Wally right with the whole talk about how things have been difficult and Second Chances?
4. I love how Artemis is still trying to convince Jade to comeback and segues to it so easily every time.
5. I like how you guys continue to show Beast Boy going through trauma and not simply finishing that problem within 20 minutes.
6. One thing that seems odd to me Jade is worried about the Contract that the League of Shadows put on her for betraying them to save Red Arrow, But Red Arrow was also a member of the Shadows so why isn't he concerned about having a contract on him.
7. The photo That Will put up on the Wall taken just before the events of Usual Suspects right?
I've got some questions about "Rescue Op."
How did Barbara come to be wheelchair-bound?
What was her discovery that she found intriguing?
Why and when did Ra's al Ghul leave the light?
Is the Red Hooded Ninja Jason Todd?
Do any of the 'fictional cities', such as Gotham, Metropolis, and Dakota, have major sports teams? Such cities in fiction are often shown with their own hockey, baseball, basketball, or American Football teams and I'm curious if you ever thought of that.
If they do exist, are the respective sports league larger or do they replace an existing team?
I've never seen this answered before, but the votes in Agendas, how did they line up?
I've always been curious how close, say, Dr. Fate and Billy B were to being expelled, or how far say, Rocket was from league membership.
(If that level of exacts is too much, be free to just specify who was close and who was a blow out one way or another)
I know that of the stuff we don't get shown in Eps 25 that Blue Devil apparently did get nominated but turned the invitation down, but I'm curious on more. That scene's always one that has stuck around with fans and is endlessly fascinating.
Hello, first i'd like to say i'm a huge fan. Gargoyles, Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice of course lol. On the reddit Q&A someone asked if J'onn knew that M'Gann mind fried the Krolotean he was interrogating, and you answered yes. But i'd like to ask whether or not he said anything to her about what she had done afterwards? because when he left earth for his trial on rimbor all seemed well between them when they said their goodbyes.
Thanks for your time.
I've got some questions about "Triptych."
What did Shade do to Stagg?
What is the "meta-human fail safe" really for?
What "significant incentive" did Cheshire receive to release Shade?
Did Dr. Stone ever figure out the Reach device?
Since Onyx and Cassandra Savage were both present in the Vault at the end of "Tale of Two Sisters", were they given A-designations?
I was wondering, what do you do in your spare time? I've seen that you read comics and watch some shows, but does it ever get tiring for you, with you being a show writer and creator?
I have only one question. Now I have a pretty good idea what was said, but after all this time I just want official confirmation. When Wally was finally told about Miss Martian and Superboy's relationship what exactly did Artemis whisper in his ear when she told him. Word for Word please.
Where was the real Orion while M'comm was impersonating him?
Is Eduardo Dorado Jr. out to his father? If so, what team year did he come out?
I have some questions about young justice for you Mr weisman 1 what state is Geranium city located in ? 2. How did Aquaman (the Kaldur'ahm version not the original)and Night wing react when they herd about a sad and recent event from mars? 3. in Brooklin maine does Gaby Gabrielli have a friend or boyfriend by the name of charlie by any chance? 4. specking of Miss gabrielli how long has he owned her newsgirl cap ?
When episodes from seasons 3 and 4 air on television in Canada (or other non-streaming locations around the world), do you get to decide when commercial breaks are inserted or is that decision made by the broadcaster?
(PSA: I hope all my fellow Canadian Young Justice fans are remembering to support Season 4 on Teletoon every Sunday!)
So how exactly did you wind up doing additional voices for the Square Enix game "The Last Remnant"?
How long has Iris been hosting the get-togethers of heroes and their kids?
Does Lobo live on Rimbor?
Has he fought the League before?
Did he attend the six Leaguers' trial?
How did Queen Bee know that he failed to kill Forager?
I've got some questions about membership.
Are Lia Briggs and Livewire on the Outsiders?
When did Robin and Windfall join the Outsiders?
Is Mist on the Team?
When was K'rii St'ferr born?
1. How old is Hart?
2. How old is Hauser?
3. How old is Jeremiah?
4. How old is John Smith?
5. How old is Karen?
Some questions about living arrangements!
1. Does Tara still live at the Premiere Building, and does Gregor live there too, or did they move out after she was put in his custody?
2. Did Paula move out to Star City?
3. If so, has she moved into Artemis and Will's home, or does she live nearby? It seems like she was there rather later
4. Did Artemis move in with Will before or after Jade left?
5. Does the Premiere Building have secret entrances and exits? If it's public record Garfield lives there, or owns the building, then I'd expect paparazzi to always be hanging around the building - and if any of the more distinctive members of the Outsiders were seen leaving the place, it seems like everyone would put together that they live there quickly (and would get suspicious of Team members too)
1: was henry heywood high school named after a former hero?
1b: what was his codename if thats the case?
2: Did the original roy never meet his fellow sidekicks before being taken by the light? THe timeline in the young justice wiki said they all debut besides robin after he was taken
3: Why did you decide to have artemis and her family live in gotham? im pretty sure they don't have any gotham tiies in the comics.
4: Dd you decide to make artemis asian before or after you decide chesire was her sister? How did you come up with the idea of them being related?
5: Does kon-el have a meaning in krypton's langue? or is it a translation of connor?
5b: What does it mean if it does have a meaning
1 Did the light pick ultra humanite because he worked with the Brain before and had similar abilities
2 Does the light currently have candidates in place if one of their members gets captured or leaves?
3 Are the heroes aware that the light knows (at least some) of the heroes secret identities
4 Do ultra humanite and deathstroke genuinely agree with the light goals or did they only join for the power and influence they would get from it
5 During young justice season 3 episode 15 when Artemis scanned task force x one of the things that was shown was that black manta was the strategist for the light. Was this an actual role he had when he was still with the light?
1: Why did you avoid using the classic green oracle face in outsiders?
2: what exactly did Cadmus use to create the 6 type of genomorphs that weren't clones?
3: Who taught kent nelson how to use magic without the helmet? was it nabu?
4: When did shade gain his power?
5: Was shade a foe of the justice society?
1:You made clear in the past how you feel about the Speed Force, what is your personal opinion on other cosmic sources of power like the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, or Elemental Forces such as the Green or the Red? Obviously I am not asking about their status on Earth 16.
2:Can Beast Boy transform into animals not native to the planet he is on? As in could he turn into something like a monkey on Mars or into a Ma'alefa'ak on Earth?
1. How old is Felix Faust?
2. How old is Blackbriar Thorn?
3. How old is Wizard?
4. How old is Congorilla?
5. How old is Kamau?
1. How old is Tiamat?
2. How old is Vykin?
3. How old is Sphere?
4. How old is Draaga?
5. How old is Kylstar?
1. How old is Mantis?
2. How old is Metron?
3. How old is Moonrider?
4. How old is Overlord?
5. How old is Serifan?
Is there a reason people wear the same civilian clothes every day? (I know this is for budgetary reasons for most animation but considering how much thought goes into this world, I figured I'd if there's an in-universe reason)
Are people actually wearing the same clothes every day? Or are we, the audience, just seeing a false version of their clothing? If they are wearing the same clothes every day, do they have multiple identical articles of clothing?
Regardless of all of the above, how many Superman t-shirts does Conner have? If it's just the one, how many times a week does he wash it?
Will Damian Wayne be drawn with Arabic features? He's always drawn and colored as if he's white in other mediums, but has such an important heritage. Wayne Family Adventures is the only one I can think of that shows this accurately.
Was Garfield Logan at Rita's wedding to Steve and if not why not in timeline of young justice ?
Who thought of Psimon and Devastation?
Hello, Greg! I have some questions regarding the super-playdate we saw in the Home Fires episode of YJ: Outsiders.
1. How did Mera, Artur, Lois, Jonny, and co. arrive at the West-Allen home? I believe you answered in a previous question that they used zeta tubes, but how did they get from said-zeta tube to the house? Does Mera know how to drive? Did they Uber? Establishing shots didn't show any parked cars around the house, so I'm curious how everyone arrived.
2. How did Ocean-Master know the playdate would be happening on that day? It's clear from his set-up in the adjacent house that he's been keeping an eye on the West-Allen house for a while, but can the same be said for all the attendees? How did he know the playdate would be at that house instead of, say, Will's?
3. I loved seeing how much resemblance the kids have to their parents (Artur to Orin, Don to Barry, Dawn to Iris and Barry, Jonny to Clark), and it reminded me of a question asked long ago (I believe to Jerome K. Moore, but it might've been Phil Bourassa) about the decision to have Lian have red hair instead of the black despite being a fourth-Vietnamese. Did the character artists decide how much resemblance each youngster would have to their parent, or did you and Brandon have that worked out beforehand? For example, did you plan on Don being an adorable mini-Barry or was that the artist's decision? Moving forward to Phantoms, was the same line of thinking applied to Damian as shown in Episode 5's Tale of Two Sisters?
4. In the episode, Will shows relief when John arrives with Traya as he's another father in a sea of mothers. Is this to imply that Barry, Jeff, Orin, and Clark are often too busy with League business to attend the playdates? Or was that mainly in reference to THAT specific playdate?
5. Was there a reason Mal didn't join Karen at the playdate? This one could very well be a spoiler request, but it did strike me as odd considering Karen's eagerness to join the playdate club.
Anyways, thank you in advance! This was one of my favorite episodes of the season and I'm thoroughly loving Phantoms! I hope you're enjoying your day!
This is more a thought than an all-out question.
In Season One, we see Goliath reading in the libraries at both Castle Wyvern (after the gargoyles' re-awakening) and the public library adjoining the clock tower. We know, also, that he'd been reading the classics (Shakespeare and Dostoyevsky, specifically).
In the archives, you offered a list of a few major "classics" writers: Shakespeare, Homer, Cervantes, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, William Faulkner, and Ernest Hemingway. As I looked over that list, I noticed that all of those writers, except Homer, lived after the Wyvern Massacre, meaning that Goliath first had the opportunity to read them after he re-awakened. (Furthermore, I've read that Homer's writings were unavailable in western Europe during medieval times - even Dante, when mentioning him as one of the great poets of classical antiquity in the "Inferno", knew him only by reputation - so Goliath most likely wouldn't have had the opportunity to read the Iliad and the Odyssey before the thousand-year sleep.) It gives a strong sense of just how much of world literature he'd be encountering for the first time. (Not to mention, as I remarked once, that the size of those libraries in both the castle and adjoining the clock tower must have seemed miraculous by tenth century standards, thanks to the printing press.)
I've also reflected that some of those classics must have presented worlds as initially foreign to Goliath as modern-day Manhattan. Homer and Shakespeare's writings would have probably presented a reasonably familiar environment, but the more relatively recent authors would have been another matter (the world depicted in Jane Austen's works would have seemed, indeed, very different from Manhattan as well as from tenth century Scotland)
For that matter, since you included Thomas Hardy on the list, I wonder what Goliath would have made of the cameo of an architectural gargoyle in "Far From the Madding Crowd", if he'd read that one....
1. How old is G. Gordon Godfrey?
2. How old is Granny Goodness?
3. How old is Grayven?
4. How old is Highfather?
5. How old is Lashina?
1. How old is Bear?
2. How old is Big Barda?
3. How old is Darkseid?
4. How old is Desaad?
5. How old is Dreamer?
1. How old is Condiment King?
2. How old is Despero?
3. How old is The Reach Ambassador?
4. How old is The Reach Scientist?
5. When was Jason Todd born?
I don't exactly know the timeline here so I could be way off, but was it ever considered to have Young Justice: Outsiders air on Adult Swim in the same vein as the 5th season of Samurai Jack?
Do Bio-Ships have actual names and they're just not able to really be expressed to non-Bio-Ships in any way that makes sense, or are they all nameless like Gargoyles as a result of being a sort of hivemind?
So is Delphis a name she was christened with in Atlantis or is it her original name, I ask because Delphis doesn't seem to be an Indian Name.
Was the first arc of "Phantoms" on Mars at all inspired by Alfred Bester's novel, "THE DEMOLISHED MAN". The entire premise of that book is a society where everyone is a telepath and how one gets away with murder. It was also the first Hugo Award winner way back in 1953.
Hi, Greg! Hope the final stretch of PHANTOMS production is going as well as can be. I'm absolutely loving the episodes so far!
I had a quick question after watching "Tale of Two Sisters" for the fifth time though, as I realized that this is the second episode in S3/S4 where we've seen Paula Crock visiting Will and Artemis's house in Star City. Last we saw, she lived in Gotham.
If it's not too spoilery, I was wondering if:
A. Paula lives in Star City now?
B. Paula has an A-designation? (Not asking for what it is, just if she has one.)
C. Paula simply takes the occasional cross-country flight to visit her daughter?
1 Does the organization B.I.F actually exist in the young justice universe or was that something lex luthor entirely made up for defaming the outsiders?
2 Is metron just wearing makeup or is that his natural skin?
What is Vandal Savage's history with Flash?
How old is Henchy?
Is Henchy his real name?
Why did the Justice Society of America disband?
I've got some questions about "Image."
Why does Queen Bee want to unit Qurac and Bialya?
What was Aqualad doing with Aquaman?
Where were Artemis and Zatanna?
In young justice season 4 episode Volatile superboy and beast boy hug and superboy calls beast boy brother. Why and when did Superboy start viewing Beast Boy as a brother ?
How old are Don and Dawn Allen?
Why did Chad Lowe replace his brother as the voice of Captain Marvel?
Why did the Ocean-Master attack Aquaman in the flashback in Downtime and what happened to him after he was defeated?
When did Guy Gardner join the Justice League?
When did David Reid become Magog?
When did Magog join the Justice League?
What was Robin doing with Batman in Insecurity?
How does Klarion know the four sorcerers in his "old band"?
Hello, Greg. Before I ask my question, I'd like to pay my respects to how Spectacular Spider-Man turned out. I watched it when I was in school and after watching it as an adult, I can say that it was really spectacular.
However, one thing that saddened me as a kid and broke my heart as an adult was how unfairly Peter treated Liz Allan. It was sad, but what saddened me more was that we unfortunately never found out how these events would have affected Liz further, because I think this is a very interesting character whose development and changes I enjoyed watching, and I don't remember anyone having thought that deeply about this character.
My question is this: did you have plans to develop this character in other seasons and how do you yourself feel about Liz?
I'd love to hear your answer.
Does Artemis work in Royal University, Star City?
1. How rich is Oliver Queen after losing his fortune on Earth 16? Heâs got to have a lot of money to maintain a number of equipment stashes in Star City (and abroad), as well as to pay for his and presumably Arsenals and Arrowettes arrows and other weapons.
2. Does Ollie still drive that hybrid car from the Green Arrow short?
2a. Is it the same car that we saw Artemis driving in Tale of Two Sisters?
3. What is Ollie and Dinahs relationship like right now?
Summit is easily one of my favourite episodes of Young Justice's second season, in part because it shows perhaps the single most unambiguous victory by the Team over the Light. Even Vandal Savage admits it is the biggest blow to his plans in his long lifetime.
However, now having seen Season 3, it is somewhat unclear how much of a real impact that victory actually had. The Light wanted a way to weaponise and exploit the metagene, and they got it. They got control of the Warworld. They were already (secretly) acting against the Reach, indicating that their partnership would be short-lived even without the Team's interference. Some members of the Light were apprehended, but the remaing members carried on and replaced them.
I was wondering if you could perhaps say a little about what the Light lost as a result of the Team's actions. Was there more they wanted from the Reach that they did not get?
In the Gargoyles meets Spectacular Spider-Man meets Young Justice Radio Play, Artemis refers to leaving Roy to watch Lian and JW. You once remarked about accidentally including a spoiler in the play, and I assumed the existence of JW was that spoiler, but now we're past season three and into season four with no sign of a JW.
1) Was JW the spoiler you had mentioned?
2) Did your plans regarding JW change by the time the show was back in production?
3) If your plans did change, could you tell us about JW and the original plan?
Is Traci Zatanna`s first protÃ©gÃ©?
Hiya Greg! Hope all is continuing to keep well.
I've been having a discussion about Coyote (the robot) with a handful of other fans, specifically regarding his relative level of sentience.
While I know you've addressed the subject in the past (here for example: https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=2219), the specific question I have is sort of tied up in the distinction between sapience and sentience, which often get conflated in pop culture thanks to sources like STAR TREK.
Basically (and apologies if I'm explaining something you're already aware of) sapience is what we might popularly think of as "human-like intelligence" - the ability to think, reason, and philosophize. Based on everything you've said on the subject in the past, I think it's fair to conclude that none of the first 5 iterations of the Coyote robot rise to the level of genuine sapience (at least, not yet).
Whereas sentience is simply the quality of an entity being self-aware of itself as a discrete being. A good rule of thumb is the "mirror test" - a sentient being is able to look at itself in the mirror and recognize "yes, that is me." To have a concept of "me" in general. Gorillas, octopuses, and (I would presume) gargoyle beasts are sentient but not sapient.
Going by the definition above, which would be the first Coyote robot between 1.0 and 5.0 (if any of them) that would be able to pass the "mirror test"?
Apologies if this question is somewhat nitpicky, just feels like the easiest way to settle the discussion since the queue happens to be open now, LOL.
Mahalo nui loa, Greg!
In Young Justice universe, are Arrowette and Wonder Girl best friends like they used to be in the comics ?
On 2016, a fan commented on Twitter âI also wanted to see more of Nightwing and Zatanna " and you replied âwho doesnât ? !â .
1. Were you foreshadowing that weâll see more of dick and Zee in the show ?
2. What is your opinion today about dick and Zee together as a couple ?
Hi Greg, I'm not anticipating a lot of Wonder focus this season given the arc structure, so thought this would be the best batch to try for now in a way that shouldn't spoil anything upcoming by the time things get answered.
1) Youâve said that Amazons donât age while theyâre on Themyscira before, https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=17241 would this apply to non-Amazon women who live there as well?
2) You have given a chronological and biological age for Troia, but only an unspecified (but presumably chronological) age for Diana as of S1 and for Devastation. I was curious if you would give biological ages for Diana and Devastation for the two.
3) You have stated that a part of the reason for the Amazons enhanced abilities (in general, not for the Special Ones), is partly due to the Purple Healing Ray. I was curious if it was technological or mystical in nature?
4) Themyscira is represented as an entity by the UN - but we also see that Atlantis which we know to be composed of several kingdoms/city states and described as a continent is represented as an (apparently) single seat. I was wondering if Themyscira; as represented by the UN, composed of additional islands or settles, and if so if the protection from aging extends to these islands.
Two of those sort of push the limit of being one question, so I'll refrain from asking a fifth. I find the differences that exist within Earth-16s portrayal of its entities (even those not in focus) to be fascinating and was just hoping for a few additional details that I don't think would constitute a spoiler so much as logistics. Thankyou very much for a beautiful world beyond the show.
As a long time fan of the original WITCH comic, I will admit that it took me a while to deal with the animated series, because so much was changed in Season 1. Then Season 2 happened and it not only became more like the comics, it got me to enjoy the animationâs take on the girls a whole lot better than the first season. Thank you for bringing a whole new kind of WITCH to life :)
And, of course, as being on this site implies, I have questions, but I donât want to ask them all in one sitting, as that would be too much and some have already been asked by others, so Iâll pace myself.
So, for the first question, Iâll start with something small: you mentioned that a new member would join the team during the Season 3 that never was, like in the comics. Just to clarify, are you talking about Orube?
1. When did Barbara Gordon debut as Batgirl?
2. When did Karen Beecher debut as Bumblebee?
3. When did La'gaan debut as Lagoon Boy?
4. When did Garfield Logan debut as Beast Boy?
When (in terms of which Team Year) did Cissie King-Jones debut as Arrowette?
1. When did Batgirl join the Team?
2. When did Bumblebee join the Team?
3. When did Lagoon Boy join the Team?
4. When did Beast Boy join the Team?
Is Black Lightning still the leader of the Justice League as of the start of season 4? I ask because I thought that a different member of the League operated as leader each year, yet Dinah mentions Jefferson at the end of "Inhospitable" in a way that made it sound as though he's still the leader.
Can Proteus shapeshift into anything he wants, or is he limited to creatures he has seen?
So if Helga is German:1.How long has she been living in Markovia?
2.Why did she come to Markovia?
Is Cyborg part of the Justice League now? Or is he still affiliated with the Outsiders?
Is YJ's version of Mist based on Nash Nimbus? If not, could you tell us her civilian identity? And going off "Tale of Two Sisters", is she a member of the Team now?
1. Did Wendy Harris and Marvin White ever clue into the fact that the public hero Superboy was their old classmate?
2. As someone who absolutely adored Kelly Stables' work in W.I.T.C.H., I'm very happy that you roped her in to voice Cissie. Thanks.
3. I noticed that you gave Orphan a Z-designation, but not a B-designation. Was she even a formal member of the team when Season 3 started?
We know Barbara was in love Dick since se was 13 or maybe even before lol.
But when did Dick feel in love with Barbara?
I mean probably not in season 1 since he only had eyes for Zatanna at that time.
And not in season 2 neither since he barely had any interaction with Barbara in that season.
So I guess it was during the 2 years time skip between season 2 and season 3.
Am I right ?
During the times Rita did not let Garfield go on missions with doom patrol did he stay by himself or was he with most of the times with Miss Martian ?
Was Eddie Corliss the kid with a mouche among the kidnapped teens in "Before the Dawn"?
Was Stephanie captured by the Reach because she ran away from her villainous father?
Will was wearing his Red Arrow costume in episode 5 of Phantoms. Was that a one time thing again like in "Private Security" or is he fully back as RA?
Why did the light make klarion one of their inner members. Could he not just have remained a partner/associate of the light and give his seat to somebody more stable and more in line with their goals?
1: Is Zviad Baazovi from markovia? He was a soviet originally in the comics.
2: How many lords of chaos and order are there usually at a time?
3: Why did Wonder Woman return to man's world after returning home following world war 2?
4: Was John smith/red tornado Connor's legal guardian? I remember seeing that here but i couldn't find it in the archives
4b: Did anyone else took over for torando like ma and pa kent?
5: If Tornado was Connor's legal guardian, does Connor view as a father and by extension Traya as a sister?
1: Was sensei using Rako's sword during season 3? Or was it a sword made in a similar matter?
2: Are mallah and brain a couple? I saw you didn't answer this before which I'm guessing you didn't since you didn't want them to be the first gay couple in YJ. I always thought that was weird but it fit the vibe and strangeness of the doom patrol plus we have other gay and bi characters in young justice now, so as a gay guy I wouldn't be offend but who knows about who else.
4: Was Ultra-Humanite a enemey of the justice society or all-star squadron? He was born in 1918 afterall.
5: Is queen bee's name beatriz? Something else?
5b: Would beatriz be her sister then?
1: How was Ocean master/Orm related to Orin/Aquaman? Were they full brothers or half brothers?
2: Who were orm's parents?
3:What's Ra's al ghul ethnicity? It's always been vague in the comics and with most of his designs.
4: What is Sensei"s full name?
By the time of young justice season 3 or season 4 does roy harper (arsenal) view his two clones as his brothers ?
Question 1 In young justice universe what state of the united states of america was the doom patrol HQ BASE in ? Question 2 Did Paul Sloane knew Rita was Elsti-girl in young justice universe ?
In young justice phantoms episode 5 At night when the league shadows attack Tigress and the others in the street why the people in the surrounding buildings not call the police and if the people inside the buildings did call the police why did the police not arrive in time of the fight in the street ?
When Batman took to forming 'Batman Incorporated' during S3, did he have a selection criteria with his team? I kind of noticed his initial wave was mostly non-powered heroes and the former criminal Plastic Man, which seems to imply at least part of his thinking was 'how do I minimize anti-metahuman reactions'.
Were there any heroes he approached who declined but agreed to keep quiet about it?
As Metamorpho was not listed by the U.N, he was not a League member right? If he was not a league member, was there a reason for it?
(I assume that asking 'is he one now' is SPOILER, unless this gets answered after that is revealed)
Unrelated to the last one and thought I'd ask.
Are/were there any other series, beside Scooby Doo, that you explored/are curious about crossing into YJ from beyond DC (I assume if you are, say, in talks for Ben 10 x Young Justice you can't say)
Not sure how the legalese of that question works, as sometimes it feels like rights get lost in WB sometimes.
This is something I was wondering about when thinking about S3 of YJ, where the League and heroes seems to be in a more stable popularity position than in S2, for example, though not as popular as they were in S1, but is the Justice League more popular in, for lack of a better way of putting it, free and moral countries?
...There is no better way of putting it than that. Biyalia is ruled by Queen Bee. Rhelesia's ambassador is a Wildstorm villain and was united by The Light, the African country has a Birds of Prey villain as dictator, and Russia...well regardless of how you see it I think 'the Superman is American' is a phrase.
These countries are where distrust of the League seems most prominent, which seems like that Lex was basically able to use a combination of countries who don't want stronger people overthrowing them (the dicatorships), and/or those who don't really like America (Russia) to hamper the League. If this distrust was widespread, IDK, I feel like there would be a different vibe.
If Superman stopped anywhere in America, Netherlands, Canada, Japan, Botswanna, etc, I suspect he'd be recieved warmly. The Justice League liked. Etc etc. The dislike is something that is more or less maintained in public eye by where bad actors can use power (U.N) and some level of public relations astroturphing, with a bit of help by Reach-based damages and a possibly outdated public relations apparatus for the Justice League.
Or am I a bit rosy and if, say, Superman stopped in the wrong part of America or Canada he'd get beer bottles thrown at him even in S3.
Are we ever going to see a gradual LGBT teenage romance in the vein of Conner and M'gann or Wally and Artemis? I love Kaldur and Wynnde, as well as the representation of Halo, but I really want to see that slow burn romance that's kind of an arc in and of itself. Especially with LGBT male characters, we tend to be represented in the adult characters and already in relationships. It'd be so cool to see a S1 Wally/Artemis dynamic between two guys, especially if they're still figuring out their sexuality.
1. Is Roy Harper a descendant of Vandal Savage in YJ?
2. Does the Light still have the remains of his right arm?
3. Does Roy have a favourite clone?
4. Has he forgiven Ollie for leaving him on ice for 8 years?
5. Does Roy still use his bow and arrow?
Greetings, Greg! I have some questions about Artemis's boyfriend and the university she teaches at, as seen in Episode 5 of YJ: Phantoms.
1. How old is Artemis's Boyfriend?
2. How long has he and Artemis known each other?
3. What is the name of the university/college Artemis works at?
4. Is this her first semester as a professor?
5. Does she teach multiple types of literature or just Classic Literature?
Thank you and I hope you're having a fantastic day! :)
Is Jade/Cheshire a wanted criminal at this point? Is there a warrant out for her arrest?
What is the name of Mist's power?
Hi, I'm a big fan of Gargoyles and have recently been binge watching it on Disney Plus; though I plan to skip the third season. I don't know if you are still answering these things, but I do have a question about The Mirror. Or more specifically Demona's transformation into a human every day. she once told Mcbeth that Puck's gifts always come with a price, but considering how mad he looked at the end of The Mirror when she was rejecting his offer, I got to wonder
If Demona hadn't made him mad, would the transformation still have been painful?
In the opening for "Young Justice: Outsiders," each of the main characters have their designation numbers; which are shown changing from what they were when they first started to what they are in the present. However, in the case of Zatanna (who had three designation numbers throughout the series), for some reason, it is somewhat hard to see the altering designation numbers inside her "Z" character symbol; while the rest of the characters' designation numbers can be seen easily in comparison. Is there any specific reason for this?
1. Does Barbara know that Dick and Zee were together ?
2. If the answer to the first question is yes, how did she react when she learned it ?
3. Had Dick ever sleep with Zee ?
4. Are you ever going to give us a reason to why did Dick and Zee broke up ? Because the majority of the fandom has been wondering it since season 2 .
Hope youâre doing well and thanks for your time and answers.
1. When did Barbara joined the Team ?
2. When she joined, were Dick and Zatanna still together ?
3. Did Barbara and Zatanna already happened to team up ( like just the two of them ) ?
4. How did Zatanna and Barbara meet ?
5. Would you say that they (Zatanna and Barbara) are good friends, very good friends or just friends ?
1 Does Lex Luthor genuinely see superboy as his son?
2 If the answer to question 1 is yes. How does lex view match simply as a failed experiment or also as his son?
3 Did the infinity inc members work for lex before he came up with the idea of creating his own outsiders or did he recruit them immediately after coming up with the idea.
4 Does Lex Luthor hate the outsiders or does he merely consider them very annoying to his interests
5 Was lex luthor aware of superboy and miss martianâs engagement? And if he was aware. Did have any thoughts about it or did he not care at all?
What do you think of shipping? What's the most surprising pairing you've seen?
Are Mist and Livewire a couple in Young Justice Outsiders? Or are they friends?
1) Is Artemis an adjunct professor? Or, is it a tenure track position?
2) Having lived the life of a graduate student I can tell you a professorship is not a part-time job! Between teaching, research, administrative tasks, training, fighting, her responsibilities as an aunt and mentor, how does Artemis find time to do it all?
How old is Damien.
Is his last name Wayne or al Ghul?
How old if Onyx?
Why was Ted Kord's memorial hologram in the Cave Grotto rather than on the Watchtower?
Any DC characters you're not allowed to use for any reason? I know some legal issues prevented certain characters from showing up in previous DC shows, so has that particular hurdle happened for you as well?
What's the status of Ollie and Dinah's relationship as of the end of Team Year Eight?
hi, greg ð'
is megan in season 4 a transgender allegory? the scene where she says that form isn't who she's inside is a VERY trangender thing. was that on purpose or not? in season 1, when you were asked about this, you said you didn't have a trans metaphor in mind for megan, but things changed, i guess. (or not)
i think she works a lot better being a allegory for a trans person than for a person of color to be honest. but she can be both, i guess.
oh, and do dogs live longer in YJ? you said they live longer in gargoyles because they should live longer in real life, so in your universe, they do.
ps: i'm not saying you shouldn't like your show. you should, it's good :)
Hey man been a big fan of Young Justice since high school and spent a nice chunk of those teenager years helping build the wiki and I just want to say thanks for helping me find a passion in storytelling and Iâm curious to see where you take the story and Iâm happy itâs back.
My question is: Do Roy and Jim consider Lian as a niece (considering theyâve meet her at all) since the Harper trio essentially have a brotherly relationship with each other?
1: Was Barbara Gordan named after her mother or did her mom have a different name?
2: Was Mist's father a villain named mist too?
3: Is Luis Garcia a character from the comics?
4: Did the other Babylon/Mesopotamian gods exist as Vandal's children?
5: Does Vandal all ways kill his elderly children?
1: What were the names of Orin's parents?
2: Who was Cassandra Savage's mother?
3: Is everyman Hannibal bates?
4: What is Fury's real name?
5: Was artemis a fan of Green arrow? It would seem so based on her orginal costume?
1: What year was Orm sent to prison in Atlantis?
2: Does the atlantean family have a surename or house name?
3: Do atlanteans not usually have last names?
4:What city is Tula from?
5: What year did FIre debut as a hero? Was she a teenager like Ice?
this isn't a question i just think that even considering how excellent the show has always been, i personally think that 4.05 is the best episode of yj you guys have ever made. unreal on all fronts. woke up at 5:30 to watch it before work and it's better than coffee lol
Few questions after The Tale of Two Sisters-
1. So this not really me asking for a spoiler just trying to understand what Cassandra claimed to be her timeline to the team, So she said that after Olympia's death she tried to defect but as punishment was forced to serve as a member of the shadows but then she also said that she had to return to Santa Prisca. Does that mean according to her story she was initially on Santa Prisca with the Shadows training but wasn't exactly a shadow herself and then tried to defect but was caught by Vandal and thus lost one arm. I am a bit confused by this wording especially the use of the word 'return'.
2. Who is the girl with Artemis and Halo in the beginning of the episode when we see Artemis's daily life before she finds about Conner's death.
3. The whole Tale of Two cities end credit scene is an interesting choice especially when those words are about death and resurrection (I am pretty sure it also signifies resurrection) whose idea was it to add this as an end credit thing.
4. Is it valid to say this season is spelling out some sentence too especially since so far we have the words INVIT and the future episode titles contain A,T,I as the opening letter of the episodes.
I really liked this episode and the whole literature theme in this story is pretty cool all in all. Can't wait to see what comes next.
Missed this at the AMA so I thought I would try my luck here!
I was wondering what made you choose to have Vandal Savage motives being a grand vision for humanity in a more thoughtful way then his more well known appearances did you get this from a particular story in the comics? Usually he is more an immoral sociopath or world conqueror and I am glad you made him more well rounded. And do you see any overlap with Peredur Fab Ragnal and the Illuminati in Gargoyles and did that inform how you portrayed the Light and Vandal Savage?
Hi this is just confirmation for the YJ wiki but Bart Allen/Impulse was A014 right? And I was wondering if there was any discontinued designations that current individuals affiliated with our heroes have that you could confirm since it is implausible that they will be revealed naturally if that makes sense? I agree that having it revealed naturally is the best way so just trying to get the ones that don't have a real chance to get revealed if that makes sense?
Dear Greg, Did you ever consider focusing more on the S2 team more in Outsiders. Not trying to sound disrespectful or say this is what you should do, but it feels like these characters have kind of been put on the back burner and had very little development. Seeing as these characters had some interesting things being set up in S2 like Tim and Casie getting together, Bart becoming kid flash, and static joining the team and his relationship with black lightning. If this breaks any of the guidelines I do apologize because Iâm not trying to tell you how to run your show, just wanted to know your thoughts on these characters.
So, if Stargirl and Courtney Whitmore exist in Earth-24b I have to ask:
1. Is Courtney Whitmore secretly Stargirl?
2. Is her stepfather Pat Dugan?
3. Was Pat Dugan once Stripesy, fighting crime with Sylvester Pemberton?
4. Was there a superhero that went by Starman before Stargirl joined the Outsiders, and does she have any history with any of these heroes from the comics?
5. If Starman or Sylvester Pemberton were heroes, were either ever on any teams of heroes?
P.S. loving Phantoms!
You recently made an AMA in Reddit where you said that Tim and Cassie are over. If thatâs right then itâs an spoiler.
So where you joking or did you really gave an spoiler ? Because man, I really canât believe you just gave an spoiler.
Hello Iâm back again with another questions!
Since Queen Beeâs powers only work on men and most women (basically anyone whose attracted by women) would it be possible for Beast Boy to be immune to Queen Beeâs Pheromone control? Beast Boy shape shifts into animals and I feel like Queen Beeâs powers would only work on humans and not animals!
How many leaders have the Team had over the past 10 years and can you tell us how long they were in charge. For example when did Miss Martian become leader of the Team and how long was she in charge before stepping down.
Iâve been asking myself this since the season 3 premiere. How did Artemis take the news about Conner and Mâgannâs engagement? Was she feeling mixed emotions because even though she was happy for them she was also sad right?
Why does the jersey Artemis wear have the number 13 on it? Kinda seems like the perfect opportunity for a 16 easter egg, was wondering if there was any reason it /wasnât/ 16
Hello again, I have a few new questions!
1) will you guys bring back the tie in comics?
2) Has Beast Boy turned into other alien animals besides the ones we've seen so far? Do zoos exist on Mars?
1. What was the casting process behind Jesse McCartney as Dick Grayson, and did it have anything to do with his roles as Roxas and Ventus in Kingdom Hearts?
2. What was the casting process behind Alyson Stoner as Barbara Gordon?
They never really elaborated on this, but I'm curious. What exactly is the relationship like between Superboy and Martian Manhunter since he is dating/engaged to his niece, Miss Martian?
I have a few questions about Season 2 of Young Justice.
1. How did the team explain Miss Martian's absence from Ivy University when she was kidnapped?
2. During the weeks in captivity, did M'gann ever discuss her and Conner's relationship?
1 Was the daughter Jace talked about to Violet Tara? Or did she make her up so violet would let her guard down around her?
2 What was Jace's plan if Violet told her friends that she was dying. The Heroâs would examine her body and be able to confirm Helga was lying which would have ruined her plan. Was she that confident that violet would remain quiet?
In season one and two, the timestampshowed single digit days (from 1 to 9) just with one digit (July 4), but since season 3 they have a zero in those cases (July 04). Why?
Some Justice League membership timeline questions
1. When (in Team Years) did Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) join the Justice League?
2. When (in Team Years) did Black Lightning join the Justice League?
3. When (in Team Years) did Guy Gardner join the Justice League?
4. When (in Team Years) did Blue Devil join the Justice League?
5. When (in Team Years) did Magog join the Justice League?
1: Is alan scott"s ring simply a damage green lantern corp ring or is it also magical in nature too?
2: Is alan scott a gay or bi man on earth 16? Recently comics out the classic alan scoot who was in ww21 and father of obsidian and jade
3: Is Cassandra savage a original character? Or was she inspired by a preexisting character?
3b: If she is original, why name her Cassandra when there is already Cassandra cain and sandsmark present ?
4: When did the first Black Canary start operating?
5: When did Steel/John start operating as a superhero?
1: Does Kate know that bruce is her cousin and batman?
2: Did spoiler start off as in independent hero? Did she get any training from batman or another bat family member?
3: Was damian Waynethe product of a consensual sex with talia and Bruce? I've always hated the retcon it into being Talia raping Bruce.
4: Is there a reason that so many aliens look so much like humans on earth 16? I've always hated comics making aliens looks so human looking
5: When did Red tornado officially started using his John Smith body?
1: Does Lex care for conner at all in a fatherly sense?
2: Does Conner view lex as a father? does he care for Lex in some sense?
3: Is Kate Kane a cousin or relative of Bruce in the universe?
4: Is Kate the first batwoman on earth 16 or did Kathy Kane exist too?
5: Is Kate a core member of the batfamily or is she more of a independent agent?
Did M'gann M'orzz/Megan Morse have a bridal shower on Earth, like Raquel Ervin did?
Why do issues 2 and 18 have the same title "Monkey Business"?
So I was re-watching the DC showcase Green Arrow and now you have said that DC showcase short is YJ-adjacent, so are Ollie and Dinah or rather at some point were they engaged if they are not married currently. Cause I am not sure how much of that short should I consider as canon.
1 How well did Jason Todd get along with the team?
2 More specifically, how well did Jason Todd get along with nightwing?
Did you ever consider having Ma'alefa'ak succeed in committing genocide? If so, why did you ultimately decide against it?
Hi Greg, hope you're doing well. I was wondering
1. When Tara was at Happy Harbor, did she fly under the radar? Perhaps with a different name.
Cause you'd think if she used the last name Markov before Nevermore, people might've gotten more hysterical.
1: Is a child of a B'lahdenn still treated as a Noble if they come out white or green?
2: Are all martians born with the psychic powers and the ability to shape-shifting? Are the ones born without discriminated or treated negatively?
3: Are some A'ashenn grey or all of them white? This is inspired by your latest answer and your wish that you made the (A'ashenn all grey.
4: Did any martians travel to earth before
J'onn J'onzz? Did they inspire earth's myths of the Greys and little green men or other alien tales.
5: Did J'onn J'onzz always present as a black man? What was his decision for doing so?
5b: Does J'onn have multiple identities that he uses?
Can I just say that I love your decision to keep Mars a populated plant! I'm so glad we finally got to see it this season. I think the world building was incredibly interesting, so I have a few or well more than a few questions.
1: Are the other castes able to sense what a Y'ellonn former caste was? Are Y'ellonn of a higher caste respected more than a lower one?
2: Is becoming a sorcerer priest the only way to learn magic on Mars? Are the other ways legal?
3: if there's a different way to learn magic, is there a difference between the priesthood magic and the alternatives or is it mostly the same?
4: Is a red martian joining the priest hood common?
5: Do Y'ellonn permanently lose their shape-shifting ability? Or do they still still have shape-shifting but every transformation they remain yellow?
1: Who were the founding members of the doom patrol?
2: Is Negative woman still Russian? She didn't sound Russian in Beast boy's vision
3: When did Rita and Steve get together? Was it after or before the founding of the doom patrol?
4: Did Rita's power come with any drawbacks? I always disliked that the one female member was the Normal one while the guys were "freaks".
5: Did Gar view Steve as a father before the death of the doom patrol?
1: Roy harper has been raised on a native american/Indian reservation in multiple several of his backstories, it was really central to his character post crisis where he even got a Traditional tribal tattoo. So I was wondering if that's the case on Eartg 16? Just to clarify Roy isn't ethnically Native in the comics, he was just raised near by and then on the reservation following his dad's death before he enter Olllie's
2: Speaking of which what year did Roy become Ollie's ward/enter his care?
3: Did either Black canary have any kid of connection to the justice society like being trained by wildcat? Hopefully you can answer, I think it's not too spoiler.
4: Was there any superhero teams that debuted in between the justice society and the justice league?
5: Was there any names that Will harper thought of using when before he decides on Will?
5b: Did he go with will since it was easier and his middle name?
Since Garfield needed a Martian animal form to survive the atmosphere, how did he deal with the specifics of acquiring a Martian animal form during his first trip?
Was he stuck inside Bio-Ship until Mâgann brought him a Maâarzuu Beast or something else to observe, or some other solution? Iâm just legitimately curious about the logistics of that first trip and shift,
1. In the episode "First Impression", one of the screens featuring a photo of a missing local teen. What was her name? (see image labeled "9" in the link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455098505014362112)
2. In the episode "Nevermore", what was the name cameraman at the Markovian Royal Palace? Or was he Pete Danbury? (see the image labeled "10" in the link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455098505014362112)
1. In the episode "Leverage", was Olga Ilyich an original character made for the show or was she from the comics or an amalgam of characters?
2. In the episode "Leverage", what was the name of the scientist aiding the Rocket Red Brigade? (see image labeled "6" in the link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455097137071411203)
3. In the episode "Early Warning", are Maria and Luis Garcia new characters made up for the show or are they from the comics?
4. In the episode "Early Warning", what are the names of the seven meta-teens rescued along with Luis and Dolphin/Delphis? (see image labeled "7" in the link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455097137071411203)
5.In the episode "Early Warning", what is the name of the officer who was with Ramon Bracuda and Maria Garcia? (see image labeled "8" in the link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455097137071411203)
1. In the episode "Private Security", Grant Park was visited by Artemis and Halo walk through Grant Park to meet up with Zatanna. Is Grant Park located in Star City or Gotham City?
2. In the episode "Evolution", at the end of the battle between the forces of Darkseid and Genghis Khan, was that a cameo by Gravyen among Darkseid's forces?
3. In the episode "Another Freak", what are the names of the following two girl students (image labeled "3a") and the boy student (image labeled "3b") in the classroom? (see link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455094905068343301)
4. In the episode "True Heroes", what are the names of the three meta-teens rescued in Al-Qawiya? (image labeled "4" in the following link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455094905068343301)
5.In the episode "Influence", what are the names of the girl and boy in the cell (labeled "5" in the following link: https://twitter.com/DCAUResource/status/1455094905068343301) aboard The Orphanage?
Aloha Greg! Finally caught up with the queue again, and figured I'd "celebrate" my asking my own question for the first time in a while.
First off, absolutely loving just about everything about PHANTOMS so far. The maturity of the storytelling, worldbuilding, and character exploration on display in just the first arc has been stupendous.
I particularly appreciated your acknowledgment in a recent answer of racial blindspots you and the creative team could see in hindsight with the way Mars-16's society was set up, and the genuine effort put into course-correcting here, resulting in a far more nuanced and topical take on racial prejudice and hierarchy than most contemporary shows would even dare TOUCH.
Meanwhile the animation, sound design, and voice talent remain top-notch as ever (particular props to Greg Cipes...people who have only heard him do Beast Boy in the VERY broad take from "Teen Titans Go!" have to have been thrown for a loop by his performance here). The dialogue, both dramatic and humorous, carries a sharpness that few other shows of its type can match. And that heart of mystery and black-ops intrigue, which always gave YJ its own strong, unique identity to set itself apart from other versions of the DCU, remains as strong as ever (though I totally called the king's murderer right off the bat, LOL).
All this combines to create what is shaping up to possibly be the best season of this show yet, and the reason why Thursdays are the day of the week I'll be most looking forward to for the foreseeable future. ;)
Now, to the actual question...
One element introduced in OUTSIDERS that really interested me were the Control Chips used by the Light and their associates. While they seem like garden-variety fictional mind control devices in terms of their utility and effects, their actual origin and functionality are never brought up on-screen, as they are clearly a well-known feature of the criminal underworld by Team Year Eight.
So these are a few of the questions that I've been mulling over since my last rewatch of OUTSIDERS. If any of these are considered to be spoiler requests or touch on unseen elements of PHANTOMS, feel free to skip over, but I figured I'd give it a shot!
1) Who first invented the Control Chips?
2) In "Auld Acquaintance" Vandal mentions that one of the Light's goals was cornering the market, as it were, on "every conceivable method of mind control." As he says this, we get a quick montage of examples from Season 1, including Starro-Tech, G-Gnome telepathy, the Joker's plant-controlling gloves, Queen Bee's pheromone abilities, and Psimon's psychic powers. Were any of these precursors or bases for the Control Chip tech?
3) Anything you're willing to share about how the Control Chip's level of...well, control, compares to the above-mentioned methods? For example, Starro-Tech explicitly only allows an external user remote control of the mind, without actually altering the victim's thoughts. If not neutralized by a Cure Chip, do Control Chips have this same limitation, or do they work along an entirely different vector?
4) Is there a "standard" Control Chip model used by the various meta-traffickers around the world, or is this the sort of case where once the technology exists, unsavory characters of all sorts reverse-engineered their own "flavors"?
5) How does the Control Chip imprint who the victim is supposed to be obeying? Clearly in Jace's case, for example, she had primed the chips she used on Brion and Tara so they would obey her, but is that done by a voiceprint sample, DNA, or some other method?
I'm probably overthinking this one little part of the worldbuilding, but hey, that's what this sight is for! That, and asking for the age of every character who has ever been mentioned for a single femtosecond, LOL...
Regardless, wishing you, the rest of the cast and crew, and all of your loved ones the absolute best! Cannot wait for the next chapter of PHANTOMS to enter my eyeballs.
Mahalo nui loa! :D
Hello! I was wondering if you ever watched Robert Kirkman's Invincible (2021) animated series? It's about superheroes and gave me the same vibes as Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice (just WAY gorier). I really enjoyed it, and one aspect of it that I absolutely loved was the longer episodes, running about forty-to-fifty minutes each. I know it's way above your pay-grade, but I was just curious, if you had the choice, would you want to extend your episodes to fifty-some minutes like Invincible? Or would you want to keep them a little over twenty minutes? Assuming of course you'd be able to still produce twenty to twenty-six episodes for each season, which Invincible didn't do at just eight episodes per the first season.
Anyways, Happy Halloween! I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode of YJ Phantoms! Artemis' arc is looking to be fantastic!
What was the process behind selecting the destinations for the Avalon World Tour? Specifically, how and why did you pick the locations that didn't have hard thematic parallels to the Gargoyles (Like Prague in 'Golem') or could have established characters show up there (Like Dingo in Australia in 'Walkabout)?
Why didnât Gar meet Em'ree on his last trip to Mars like he did Mâcomm?
I was wondering, given their caste differences, how did Sâyraa Sâmitt and Prince Jâemm meet?
So... who exactly was "J.W." from the Recruits radio play supposed to be?
What was Em'ree referring to when she said "I didn't know that" on the Sacred Rivers? What did she not know? And why did she seem shocked at that?
I do geuninely appreciate what you did with Halo in Outsiders. I thought you crafted the arc of an otherworldly being trying to outline its own identity very well. I thought the point of her arc was clearly communicated- last season she was trying to grasp the bare fundamentals of being human, and in this one, it seems like she's reached a place where she explore them in more depth.
Her arc was one of favourite parts of the last season, and I thank you for that.Looking forward to more.
Were king Ma'arrunâ and queen Sykaraâ married or rulers in their own time?
When (in Team Years) did King Orin retire as Aquaman?
Did Kaldur immediately take up the mantle after Orin?
In the aftermath of "Dark Nights: Death Metal," has the Young Justice animated universe been officially designated as Earth-16 again in the DC Multiverse, or is Earth-16 still that version that was seen in "The Multiversity: The Just?"
Young Justice Questions in regards to Batwoman:
1. Is her full name Katherine "Kate" Rebecca Kane?
2. Are she and Bruce Wayne maternal cousins?
3. When did she join the Justice League and what was her designation number during her time as a member?
4. Within the animated series, does her immediate family consists of Jacob Kane (father), Gabrielle "Gabi" Kane (mother), Elizabeth "Beth" Kane (twin sister), and Catherine Hamilton-Kane (stepmother)?
5. Within the animated series, when and why did Kate Kane become Batwoman?
What was the deal with R'ess E'dda in episode 1 and his massive mind link? Isn't he a Queen's subordinate? That looked like an attack. Or at worst, an insurrection. Is that a Martian costume or something?
Hello got a few more Young Justice questions.
1. To confirm are Bart and Eduardo a couple?
2. What are the names of Tula's parents?
3. When and how did Superboy make his engagement ring to Miss Martian?
I have a question about Superboy and the Kents.
1. Is John Smith aka Red Tornado still listed as Superboy's legal guardian.
2. Have Jonathan and Martha Kent adopted Superboy?
3. What kind of relationship does Superboy have with his adopted family?
Young Justice Questions in regards to Superman:
#1. Are the names of Kal-El's birth parents Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van?
#2. Since Kal-El was born in 1977 and his ship landed in Kansas in 1978, how exactly is it possible for his ship to travel to Earth so quickly in the span of only one year?
#3. In the years prior to starting his crime-fighting career in 1998, who else besides Clark's parents was aware that Clark had powers?
#4. When exactly did Clark Kent learn the truth about his own origins?
#5. When exactly did Superman become aware of his weakness to kryptonite?
A) Does Roy Harper suffer from chronic phantom limb pain?
B) Is he going to college?
C) Does have a father-son relationship with Ollie?
This is just a few quick questions:
1) Who was Tara's guardian during s3? I know Gregor became hers afterwards, but she needed someone listed as her guardian when attending school
2) Who's Violet's guardian?
3) Who is/was Foragers?
Hoping none of these are spoilers, and have a great Halloweekend!
1 Was jace already insane before ultra humanite mentored her?
2 If the answer to question 1 is yes, did he mentor her because of her insanity since he thought she would be easy to control?
3 What does ultra humanite think of her insanity?
4 Was there a specific reason you picked ultra humanite as a member of the light?
5 When did ultra humanite mentor jace
Does J'onn still talk to the family that disowned J'ann? Considering he's related to them n all. Does Em'ree, or do any of M'ganns other siblings?
Also, do all martians have names starting with the same letter as their siblings? (stretching that even further, does that have anything to do with the letter of their dad's name? Considering M'att -> M'gann, M'comm, M'ree)
Thank you VERY much for answering my Z-designation questions. The designation ordering is a small part of the show but one that has always interested me. The little touches of world-building throughout YOUNG JUSTICE are one of my favorite things about the show, and I can only imagine how much unseen work goes into fleshing out the universe you and Brandon have created. And I completely understand that the G- and Z-series were special cases, and have no expectations for seeing the other fulls lists unveiled. Discovering them as the show goes along is half the fun!
One question I do have spinning out of the Z-designation ask though is Katana's numbering. It is what prompted me to ask that question in the first place. My general understanding of the designation assignments (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that when multiple heroes join at once, they are given their numbers in the order that they debuted as heroes. But Hardware (Z-04) was designated before Katana (Z-05), despite you having stated that Hardware debuted in Team Year Five with Katana debuting in Team Year Three -- in Japan. So my question is...
1A. Was Hardware's debut year a mistake?
1B. Was Katana's designation based on when she debuted in America instead of Japan?
1C. Or perhaps most likely, did Batman simply recruit his team in different batches, quietly assigning designations in multiple waves?
While I hope this would only apply to the defunct Z-series you have agreed to unveil, if any of it touches upon still present spoilers, I completely understand if you cannot answer at this time.
As always, I wish you, Brandon, and the team the best on completing production for the final episodes of Season 4, and thank you for continuing to keep up with the queue as the current season is airing! Very excited for the Artemis arc and only still crying a little bit after the "Involuntary" ending. (Okay, a lot bit.)
Oh, and I'll be helping to moderate the Reddit AMA on 11/2 -- so if you only get to this question after that -- a huge thank you to you and Brandon for answering even more questions there!
Hi Greg, hope your doing well.
1.Has Zatanna ever dated someone else after breaking up with Dick ?
2. Has Dick dated someone else after breaking up with Zatanna and before dating Barbara ?
3. Had Dick and Zatanna ever wondered to set back together after breaking up ?
4. Had they ever regret they break up ?
Thanks for your time !
Is Saturn Girl as powerful and skilled a telepath as M'gann?
Hello there Greg,
So Young Justice Phantoms did a surprise premiere, without any warning, and while that was great isn't it a little concerning?
There was absolutely no marketing for this and yet it dropped anyway. I'm concerned that the little to no advertisement this season got is going to hurt its chances of getting renewed for a fifth season because there was no hype and people don't know it premeired or where it premeired. Are you at all concerned that this lack of marketing is going to hurt the show's future? Is there any way for you or us to know if it has affected viewership significantly or if this season has shown some strong numbers?
If teekl was destroyed would klarion be permanently banished or only temporarily?
What other animated DC films are also considered "Young Justice-adjacent" besides "Catwoman: Hunted" and "DC Showcase: Green Arrow"?
Did you make an arc about mars in phantoms specifically so you could save money on talking animation or was that something you already wanted to explore regardless of that? Or both?
I'm in awe of how good Young Justice: Phantoms is so far, you and Brandon have certainly knocked it out of the ballpark again! I have two small questions that correlate to both Outsiders and Phantoms.
1.) What was the in-universe reason for Tim Drake to change his Robin outfit to the variation with the hooded cape? I personally thought it was a really cool-looking addition to the character's costume. In Phantoms, why did he choose to ditch the hood for an outfit more along the lines of his Invasion appearance?
2.) What was the in-universe reason for Cassie Sandsmark to trade in her original Wonder Girl outfit for a newer variation with knee-high boots and a dark red jumpsuit?
Thanks for your time! If writing was a superpower, then you'd be more powerful than Superman!
1. Whose idea was it for Steve Dayton to sound like Alan Rickman?
2. Do Bio-ships reproduce by parthenogenesis or coitus?
3. Not so much a question as a request: please get Virgil a girlfriend. Daisy, Frieda, Madison, whoever. Please!
How long has Dr. Jace worked for the Markov family?
Was Baron Delamb fourth in line for the throne of Markovia?
Was the Legion part of your plans for Young Justice from when you and Brandon first developed the show and season one? Or, were they a later addition?
Who created those speakers that Gar uses when he is in beast form? How do they work? What is their name?
Dear Mr Weisman i have some Young justice related questions for you 1. Does Mrs M'orzz watch hallmark movies on a frequent basis as she was more familiar with the purpose a wedding ring then Mr M'orzz was? 2 Are any of Miss Martian sibling's (Em'ree and M'comm aside) members of the yellow Martian order? 3. what does Black canary do for a living?
I have 2 questions about Doctor Fate.
1: Do people have to consent to let Nabu possess their body? For Example would it have been possible for the Team or Kent Nelson to just have him possess some evil magic user such as Wotan or Orm by placing the helm on their head against heir will?
2: Does Doctor Fate have access to any non-mystical powers of their human host? He didn't seem to have super speed when possessing Wally, but I am not sure if he just didnt try to(which would be understandable as mid-battle isn't the best place to try out new powers).
I love Prince Jâemm! Such a pure and beautiful person he is! Have some questions about him! Please and thank you!
1. How did Jâemm met Syâraa and how long have the know each other?
2. As the future king, how is Jâemmâs reputation among his people?
3. Does he have any siblings?
4. Will Jâemm appear in more future episodes in Season 4?
5. Does Jâemm ever wish to travel to Earth or the just visit other worlds in general?
Does the Gargoyles show exist on Earth-16? Was it made by Greg Vietti or Brandon Weisman? Did any of our favorite superheroes watch it? Who was their favorite character? ;)
"Please try to dispel the dark cloud shadowing your face and mind"?
Seriously? Seriously? You just can't help yourself,can you?
1. While J'ann's family mostly disowned her, how are relations on M'aatt's side of the family? Are they involve in their nieces and nephews' lives? Do they get along?
2. How strong is J'emm's abilities compared to most Martians? What about in compared to J'onn J'onzz or M'gann?
Was Count Vertigo the younger brother of Perdita father?
Was Ilona, Bedlam sister born into the royal family of Markovia and inherited the throne once her father died?
Was Baron Bedlam born into the royal family of Markovia
When did the Outsiders mission seen in 403 took place?
Despite a multitude of differences, I've always seen M'gann as sort of a parallel to Starfire from the Teen Titans TV series, in terms of being an alien and overall personality.
Hynden Walch voiced both Starfire and her sister Blackfire in that show. Was choosing Hynden to voice Em'ree a purposeful choice because of that? Her voice seemed to match more how she did Blackfire than Starfire. Or was it all merely a coincidence?
Two Mars-Earth communications satellite questions.
1. When was it first brought on-line?
2. I noticed that the satellite at least looks like it has Bioship-esque textures, was it in any way related to the Bioships or is that just a Martian design sensibility?
Maybe this is a strange question, but from a production point of view, are you only allowed to use existing characters from the DC comics or you be able to create an original character for the YJ? I get that their could be a lot of factors in this and alternatives, e.g, like using a relative minor or unheard of character over a more mainstream one. But would you say you have enough creative freedom to create a purely original character for your show that has no DC counterpart that you are adapting? And not just being original, but also having an unmistakable presence in the series, equivalent to one of the mainstream heroes like Nightwing or Artemis. Is a lot of emphasis, from an executive pov, to keep focus on the heroes that are most recognisable to the audience, throughout any of the 4 seasons of YJ? I can think of couple of examples of this occurring in other shows such as Harley Quinn who was created for the Batman TAS, or X-23 who was created for X-Men Evolution. Of course those are two examples of characters that were such a huge hit that they became part of the comics. Now I'm not asking about anything that could be potentially upcoming, I'm just curious if creating original characters is something you could do if you so choose.
1.Jâannâs family disowned her for marrying a white Martian with the exception of Jâonn. What is Jâonn relationship like with the rest of his family then? Do they disown him as well for keeping in contact with his sister? Or are they proud to be related to the Martian Manhunter?
2.Is Jâonn really highly regarded on Mars? Most of his heroic exploits are on Earth. Iâm guessing maybe he could have done some heroism on Mars too, but one might argue he has more loyalty to the Earth than Mars itself given that he lives there and risk his life for the Earth. For other heroes Wonder Woman and Aquaman I can understand because their respective homes are still a part of the Earth. But what makes Jâonn such a hero to the Martian people?
3.Was Jâonn an official manhunter before he arrived on Earth or is a kind of honorary title he has?
4.Megan said that Bio-Ship was originally meant for Jâonn. How did Jâonn travel to and from Mars prior to Season 1? Did he have another Bio-ship that he used for travel?
5.Were Megan and her siblings all born roughly at the same time? If not, how many times can Martian couples reproduce. What would be the average number of children a Martian couple can produce?
1. A Yellow Martian permanently alters their skin color when they become a Priest/Priestess. How is this done? Is this some kind of special ceremony or process when becoming a Priest or is this someone Martians can do naturally if they wanted?
2. Do Yellow Martians still face prejudice if they were once White Martians? Do Yellow Martians in general have a similar status to Green or Red Martians?
3. Did Bâarzz have any prejudice toward White Martians prior to becoming Green Beetle?
4. Do Martians have a form of currency?
5. Murder is supposedly hard to get away with on Mars since everyone is telepathic. But Mâcomm was able to shield his thoughts from Megan when she interrogated him. Not to mention he was plotting to kill as well. And as we find out in the end, it as Sâyraa who killed the king. If Mâcomm and Sâyraa donât share their thoughts openly or if they simply lie, then it seems murder would be easy to get away with on Mars.
I love how all the Martian characters have different designs. At least all main and secondary Martians. B'arzz looks entirely different from Râess Eâdda. A lot of aliens in other shows all look the same. Was this a purposeful decision? Who's was it, if so?
Why did Alan Tudyk only voiced on episode of season 3? Did he become unavailable because heâs becoming more high profile?
Were Troy Baker and Nolan North together in the studio for season 4? They broke off their partnership on YouTube. Are they still friendly?
I was curious if you ever broke down in what galaxies various planets are. DC's done that a few times: For example Thanagar Daxom and Tamaran are in the Milky Way while Krypton is in the Andromeda Galaxy. Is that the case in YJ as well?
IF that's too spoilery, think you can give some non-spoiler labels to join Earth and Mars in stellar geography. I'm always fond when creators do that.
I have some questions about alien reproduction. For my edification, and as far as you care to enlighten, in your mind:
1. Do Martians bear live young, reproduce asexually, or lay eggs that hatch?
2. How about the Reach, with their insect-like motifs?
3. How about the gremlin-like Kroloteans?
4. How about the hawk-like Thanagarians?
5. And finally, what about the bugs on New Genesis?
Thank you for clearing the queue and reopening the questions! I did a rewatch of Young Justice in preparation for the new season, and have these questions:
1. How was Vandal Savage able to solo Black Canary, Black Lightning, and Captain Shazam in 4 minutes at the end of Young Justice season 2 episode, "Summit"? I understand that Black Canary and Black Lightning aren't tanky, but surely Captain Shazam would be very hard to knock out?
2. Why did Vandal Savage immediately depart with the Warworld, instead of obliterating the Reach fleet at the end of "Summit"? Wasn't he leaving a lot to chance, given that the Earth could really have been destroyed by the MFDs?
3. Since Vandal Savage has been shown to regenerate from fatal wounds, why don't his facial scars heal?
4. Why did Lobo kill little Lobo at the end of Young Justice season 3, going as far as to burn the corpse? Did he really wait all that time for it to gestate?
5. Given Black Manta bristles at being enslaved by the Reach, why was he so docile towards Amanda Waller, unlike Captain Boomerang?
Hi, Greg! I was very happy to see the promo art update for the next arc today, and I am incredibly excited to see what PHANTOMS has in store. I saw that you recently answered some questions on when certain members from the S1/S2 gap joined the Team (https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=25193) and I was wondering if youâd be willing to do the same for Jason Todd/Robin. Not asking for debut info since that was marked as spoilers for the Marvels, but seeing as how these recent answers confirm that Jason joined in either Team Year Two (after Troia) or in Team Year Three (before the Marvels), would you be willing to reveal which year it was?
Wishing you all much luck on the last batch of episodes! Us fans are doing all we can to campaign for Season 5, and hope it amounts to good news soon!
1- Does Roy Harper (the original) still have romantic feelings towards Cassie ?
2- Does Cassie still have feelings for him ?
3- How did Roy reacted when he learned about Tim and Cassieâs relationship ?
Why did Dick and Zatanna break up ?
Do Eduardo Dorado Jr, Tye and Sam count as original characters for the show? I ask because of Eduardo being called El Dorado and El Dorado is a character from Super Friends. I'm guessing it works like Kaldur/Aqualad
Hello! I've seen the last three episodes of Young Justice: Phantoms and I'm eagerly awaiting the fourth. The relationship dynamic between M'gann and her family (especially M'comm) is rivaling Artemis's in terms of pure curiosity and intrigue. I love it and I want to know everything! And given what was shown in the trailer, it looks like even more of Artemis's family dynamics are going to be explored, which is fantastic. I think this is going to be something they'll bond over this season. But who knows! Anyways, on to the questions:
01. You mentioned in a recent Tweet that âCatwoman: Huntedâ is, like your Green Arrow short, a story that also occurs similarly on Earth-16. Given that information, is it safe to assume Catwoman exists on Earth-16?
02. Are Lucas Carr and Bethany Lee alumni of Happy Harbor High School, or did they graduate elsewhere? Given that Snapper was at least living in Happy Harbor as a teenager, I assume he attended the public high school. The same can be said for Bethany, if her backstory from the comics as the daughter of Happy Harborâs police chief before becoming one herself is largely unchanged.
03. Given you are a Stanford alumni and have thought about what dorms Wally and Artemis spent their Freshman years in, did you give any thought into who their respective roommates were? Not asking for spoilers about who they were, just merely if you guys ever bothered to come up with them.
04. Is Batwoman Jewish on Earth-16 like she is in the comics? If so, wouldnât that make Batman (by proxy, if not in practice) Jewish as well, at least on his motherâs side?
05. This is a long one! I know birthdays aren't something you come up with unless the story needs it, but do you have the same line of thinking with babies born during the story? Artur, for example, was born on February 1st, 2011 (according to the YJ wiki, which got the date from Legacy). For Lian, however, we only know she was born in September 2015. Do you have a birthdate in mind for her, or just the month? For Don and Dawn Allen, you answered in an ask that their due date was sometime in the September following Invasion. Iâm not asking if that due date was accurate or when, if you know it, their actual birthday(s) are, but merely the concept as a whole. Was Artur the only one assigned a birthdate in-story because the diary entry needed a timestamp? Since then, a whole bunch of other super-kids (Anissa and Jennifer, Jonny, Traya, Amistad, and most recently Rhea) have been introduced, with Rhea being (according to Unknown Factors) born on January 21, 2019. While Rheaâs birthday is obviously a byproduct of the story and thus laying credence to your stance on only assigning birthdays when needed, she was also the only one explicitly shown. I guess this whole question can be summed up to: do children (emphasis on children somehow connected to the main cast) born DURING the story get assigned birthdays even if the story doesnât necessarily showcase/reference their birth outright? If not birthdays, then just birth-months? Or is that only come up with when needed as well?
1) When (in terms of which Team Year) did Lieutenant Marvel leave the Team?
2) When (in terms of which Team Year) did Sergeant Marvel leave the Team?
Congrats on a 4th season can't wait to see it, now I have browsed the archive many times and since these questions weren't there, so I am assuming they haven't been asked
1. How big is the Timeline currently.
2. You said Earth-16 has some significanct relation with the number 16, I am assuming that means there's more to that then you all dropping 16 in every episode. If so how long do we have to wait is the answer only going to come when we reach season 16.
3. How concrete is the timeline like are their things in it which you thing can be subject to change or is it already vague aside from the necessary stuff i.e have you gone back and changed something thinking this has to better why didn't I think of this before.
In what year did garfield logan's skin turn green in young justice timeline ?
Before miss martian and superboy the logans on december 1 2010 miss martian promise she would come back to see garfied . my question is how long a time did m'gann planned to pass before m'gann came back to see the garfield and marie ?
I recently rewatched Young Justice: Invasion, and noticed that Sportsmaster calls Deathstroke by his real name, Slade; how widely known is Deathstroke's real name? Is it just a criminal underworld thing, or is it just a blondes thing (since the only other person I can recall using Deathstroke's real name is Terra)?
As a Canadian, the only way I can support season 4 right now is to binge seasons one and two on Netflix over and over again. Does this actually do any good in regards to getting a season 5?
The current host of Dr Fate will die eventually and then he will require a new host, but it is unlikely that anyone will ever want to wear a helmet that robs them of their life unless they are in an extremely desperate situation. My question is has nabu considered this. Has he thought about this future situation for him at all?
can you translate this phrase to English? (the halo's healing spell)
Hello Mr. Weisman! I hope you and the team working on YJ are doing well!
1. In episode 6 of season 2 "Bloodlines" where Bart first appears we see that in almost nothing in the future has changed after his departure (except for Neutron). Does this imply that the future is going to look that moded?
2. At the end of a Young Justice comic collection you wrote that you made a list of about 100 young heroes as potential main characters for the series. Are you ever going to publish this list?
3. If you were allowed to publish Young Justice comics again, when would the play? Before, during oder after season 3? (Assuming you already know what you want to publish).
4. Will you and your team keep on making these entertaining (and well-written) credits for following seasons when YJ gets a go from HBO Max? (I will riot if HBO Max cancels this show #keepbingingyj)
5. What do you keep from your interactions with your fans?
You heard that probably a lot, but I just want to let you know that your show got me through 2020 and I am really thankful for you, your team and the fanbase not giving up on this amazing show!
Did M'gann choose to be an ethnic majoriy on earth purposefully?
Like, was she aware being a white woman on earth would grant her a racial privilege she didn't have on mars? If that wasn't something she thought about before coming to earth, did she realize it after? What would that thought process be like for her?
Basically, how did M'gann identity as a white martian factor into her choice to present as a white woman on earth (if at all)
GargWiki.net has answers for all your Gargoyles questions.
Includes episode commentaries by co-creator Greg Weisman, interviews with the cast, and a documentary on the fan convention.