A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 1503 records. :
You have no idea how excited I am for Young Justice Targets!!
I`ve been waiting so long for new comics. :D
How does the YJ Wiki timeline compare to yours? In terms of size and details.
1 why did you choose granny goodness as a member of the light?
2 why did you choose zviad as a member of the light?
If by some chance, the Earth-16 version of Wally West somehow comes back...
#1. Would the Legion of Super-Heroes somehow be involved in his return; in a manner similar to what happened in the comics (as depicted in the conclusion of the crossover event, "The Lightning Saga")?
#2. Would he wear his red "Flash" costume; like he did in the comics when the DC Rebirth era began?
1. What is the in-universe explanation for the lack of any appearances from the Earth-16 versions of Daniel West (Rudy's and Iris' brother) and his son, Wallace Rudolph West?
2. In the Earth-16 universe, is Wally's grandfather's name William West, and is Wally's great-grandfather's name Wallace West?
3. In the Earth-16 universe, what is the name of Wally's grandmother?
1: you've said that Jaime was born in 1999, but in "Elder Wisdom" Gar says he's eighteen on January 1st of 2019, which would mean he was born in 2000. was this a mistake?
2: Zatanna says Traci is eighteen on May 15th of 2020. was she born in 2002 or 2001?
just wanted to clarify the ages of these two, since they started dating by season 3 and you've said before that you think a three-year age difference between teenagers is significant in the context of a romantic relationship
To the individual who thinks that I think I'm an authority on islam:
A. I never claimed to be a scholar
B. There are rules that are crystal clear that either makes you an open sinner and/or heretic or an apostate. Afterward specific issues are for the scholars to discern. if you seriously want a civil discussion email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. all are welcome
Youre right that nothing this show does will ever make me happy with Halo because the entire premise of the character is flawed and nothing can be done to fix it and tt's not like anyone listens to our ---complaining--- in the first place so why does it matter
you are playing with fire with creating a visibly Muslim character that's in a gay relationship You have no idea how serious that is I don't know if you're ever going to see any of the asks written by the user Hafiz If not, he's an obviously fundamentalist Muslim who thinks he's the final authority about Islam and is constantly raging in here. He is but one of many people who think this way This is what you're up against The fact that Halo is a horribly written Muslim character that isn't even Muslim just adds fuel to the fire and adds legitimacy to their arguments that there's no such thing as a gay Muslim and that it's a Western disease Are you even aware of this? Do you realize the damage you're doing?
I'm an aspiring writer in an MFA program. I recently wrote a short story that my critique group was positive about and my teacher put me in touch with an editor that works in the industry. He said that he had trouble getting into my story because the names of my characters were "distracting." That was a PC way of saying they were too foreign for him to comprehend because I used names that are actually common in my native country instead of adjusting them to a Western audience, which would make no sense in the context of the setting. This is not the first time I have gotten feedback like this. This is the boundaries POC face when we try to publish our own stories.
And yet you and Brandon are getting praised for your mediocre attempts at diversity because golly isn't it just awesome when white men try to include us, even if they're completely unequipped to handle a topic, even if they fall into classic stereotypes, even if they're using their platform to spread misinformation, even if the characters have no depth, even if the content is bad? And since you get praised for doing the bare minimum, so why would you bother trying to do better?
So while you may think of yourself as some sort of saint or savior, you're really not any better.
Really enjoying Phantoms now that we're in the final stretch. My questions might seem a little obvious but I don't want to assume things about a character in-universe based on who her voice actress is, so...
Is Rosa AKA Fury Trans?
During the Zatanna Arc of Season 4 we see a lot of magic and so my questions are regarding it.
Previously you told us the specialisms of Black Briarthorn, Felix Faust, Wotan and Wizard.
1. The Specialisms of Khalid seems to be biological manipulation which given his role as a Doctor fits. Is his knowledge as a Doctor a requirement for that kind of magic or does it at least enhance his skill at performing that kind of magic?
2. How did Traci settle on her Urban Magic specialism given her initial talent was at Bad Luck Magic?
3. Mary seems to be an absorber of magic, is this her specialism, is it tied to her connections to Sergeant Marvel or is it a thing all Sorcerers can do?
4. Are Khalid, Traci and Zatanna Homo Magi meaning they can use their Vim Vitai to perform Sorcery whereas Mary Marvel is Homo Sapien so must take magic from elsewhere to perform Sorcery?
5. Through the Crown of Arion all the magic we know of in the show has derived from the Lords of Order through to the Homo Magi with the exception of Klarion. Of course we don't know the source of some magic such as Neptune's Trident and The Sword of Beowulf. Are there other sources of magic or are Lords of Order and Chaos the ultimate source for all magic?
I have some questions regarding the Space Belts first seen used in Season 3 Episode 13 Influence by Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman and Superman as they assaulted the Orphanage and seen again in the latest episode Ego and Superego, Season 4 Episode 23. I have included two questions on similar technology.
1. Who developed this technology?
2. Was it based on existing technology or was it designed from scratch?
3. How do the Life Support functions work, ie where does the Oxygen come from.
4.How does Rocket's Intertia Belt's Life Support functions work?
5. How do Power Rings Life Support Functions work.
I wanted to thank you for season 4 which has basically been a bunch if arcs centred around all the subject matter I've wanted explored since season 1. I hope you get to keep doing what you have been.
Regarding the five between the five anchors (Aquaman, Nightwing, Artemis, Rocket, and Zatanna) and Klarion, it looked to me like Klarion was the aggressor/aggressive against the first four, but was more responsive to Zatanna, refuting her attacks instead of attacking her directly.
1. Was that a deliberate choice?
2. If so, was there anything about Zatanna specifically (such as Klarion being curious what she would do, having some grudging respect, something else)?
As bear's age was mentioned in the show I wanted to know more about how old are the gods.
1-how old is Darkseid?
2-how old is highfather?
3-how old is orion?
4-who is the oldest new god and how old is he?
5-how many years ago the old gods were born?
Child had a very poor relationship with klarion declaring that he was a Servant of order. This shows that there are lords of chaos who butt heads with each other. So are there other lords of order who are frustrated with nabuâs handeling of earth and think he is doing a poor job?
Hello there. I just read this on tumblr by user throwawayuntilfurthernotice:
"Young Justice: The Problem With Halo.
I am not going to beat around the bush, I donât like the character of Halo/Violet in Young Justice. They arenât the worst character on the show, but the way theyâre written is so goddam frustrating.
The writers wanted to have their cake and eat it too when it came to Halo, for you see, they werenât just the first Muslim character that has been introduced into the showâs universe, but theyâre also non binary.
Now this raises a lot of problems, as Haloâs faith never really comes into play during Season Three, theyâre only Muslim in appearance only. It also doesnât help that Halo even states that theyâre not Muslim in the episodeÂ âEarly Warningâ but they still continue to wear a hijab because.....reasons.
To the writersâ credit, they do try to address this issue in Season Four, by giving Halo their own subplot in which they try to learn more about Islam, but like most things in Season Four, it never really goes anywhere. As Khalid pretty much takes over as the newest Muslim member of the team during Zatanaâs arc and Halo is just kinda left with nothing to do.
That is until the most recent episode, in which the writers basically told everyone that rightful criticized Halo and Harperâs interaction in Season Three to go fuck themselves, because Halo and Harper is now the endgame.
I fucking hate Harper Row, she really is the perfect example of how not to properly portray a bisexual character in media. And the recent episode really made her come off as an entitled brat, which I donât think was the intention because the writers clearly want the viewers to root for Halo and Violet getting together by the end of the episode.
But to make a long story short, I personally feel like Halo could have been written a lot better as a character had the writers had a clear idea of what they wanted them to be from the beginning. Instead of just mashing various ideas together and expecting to be praised for surface level representation."
I know Halo/Violet has has been a complicated character for many to become fond of since their introduction in season 3. And it seems nothing you write or do with them is making anyone happy with them. I'm just going with the flow and don't think too much of them. The latest episode Ego and Superego, I believe was a good Halo episode. And I actually cared or more like was interested in what was happening in the episode with them. I'm not a fan of Brion or Harper either but to me they were also pretty ok this episode. I didn't hate them.
I'd love to know what's your opinion on this opinion (the tumblr post), please. How does it make you feel the frustration people have with Halo?
Btw, their new costume looks awesome!
Has klarion created anymore flesh monsters since he fought the outsiders?
What do Carlo and his brother do?
Any tidbits on what Andie was talking about during her time in group therapy in the most recent episode? Everyoneâs comments about it being a good talk got me curious!
Was there anyone in-universe against Logan and Perdita dating? Like people who thought it'd be too much of a security risk for royalty to date a superhero and/or actor?
In regards to the post-credits scene in "Kaerb Ym TraeH!," did you put Mary Bromfield into that position in order to set up her role to be similar to that depicted in "Final Crisis"? Or is Mary going to become one of the Female Furies of Apokolips? Regardless of what you decided, if she ends up truly becoming a villain, how worried should we be about Mary potentially wanting to get revenge on Zatanna; even the possibility of Mary likely going after Zatanna's father (Zatara) and killing him as a way to make Zatanna suffer and to mentally/emotionally destroy her...?
After Artemis was nice enough to invite Roy to rejoin the Team in that canonical AudioPlay called "The Prize". Are any of the heroes trying to make sure Arsenal (Roy Harper) doesn't end up like the Vandal Savage, Black Adam/Teth Adam, Ra's al Ghul, and Geo-Force/Brion Markov (The guys who started out as heroes, before becoming misguided and losing their most moral principles) after what happened in the episode "Nevermore"? Because I'm sure they remember the mistakes he made during Young Justice Season 2.
Do you know the difference between diversity and tokenism? Because this show is skewing towards the latter and it is upsetting to watch. Rocket being an ~autism mom~ was the last straw for me. Focusing on the poor, suffering mommy instead of the actual autistic person may get you praise from the neurotypicals but we are sick of our voices being drowned out. We are sick of being supporting characters who are depicted as a burden on our caretakers. Would be cool to get an actual superhero on the spectrum that has other traits beyond autism but that would have taken too much work right? And you have a billion other demographics to pander to this season, you do not have time to flesh any of the characters out, you need to cram in as many as possible.
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Isis:
#1. Is her name Adrianna Tomaz?
#2. Is her brother Osiris (Amon Tomaz)?
#3. Is Black Adam her husband?
#4. Is her citizenship identified as Egyptian?
#5. Is she the Queen of Kahndaq?
do you even know what your own show is about at this point one second youâre saying itâs about the young heroes then youâre saying itâs only about the main 6 then apparently the show was never about the team because the main 6 arenât on it anymore but in season 2 the team was still the focus even though 3 of the ogs werenât on it yet it wasnât the focus in 3 and 4 even though some were still on it like ???? feels like youâre trying to cram your entire version of the the dc universe into one show which is never going to work. sorry you didnât get all the spin-offs you were wanting. i wanted them too but not at the expense of all the character development and relationships you made us get invested in durinf season one. one episode the show feels like jlu or then other times it feels like itâs trying to be focused like teen titans, what exactly are you going for?
Wait. You said that Klarion and Child are both 9? Child I buy, but Klarion's tall enough to be a teenager. How does that work?
Does a Green Martian who goes by the name of D'Kay D'Razz exist in the Earth-16 universe?
How old is Kobolt?
Is he based on what comic book character?
How old is Wingman the dog and the sidekick?
1. What happened to the real Wilhelm Vittings?
2. Are both Count Vertigo and Simon Ecks locked up in a Markovian Prison or did Brion have them both executed after he became King?
3. Why did Lizard Johnny leave the Meta-Human Youth Center and go to Markovia instead of joining the Team or the Outsiders?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. What part of Scotland does Looker come from? 2. What is Halo majoring in at Ivy University? 3. Did the movie the Box trolls help with creating the Earth 16 Trogowogs like Grimlins had as well? 4. Do You find it ironic as well i do when Superboy told Phantom girl to ''Kneel before Zod!'' as Nolan North did voice General Zod in the first Injustice Video game ?
Obviously we know some of the character's birthdates (Dick, Wally, Superboy) because they were plot points in the show or comic series, but have you put thoughts into specific dates for other characters? I'd be hoping to know for the rest of the OG team at least (Artemis, Zatanna, Raquel, etc.)
What made you want to engage with fans in this way? And then to *continue* to do so? It must be truly exhausting sometimes!
What was the writing/decision process like to have Phantoms be comprised of more-or-less independent 4 episode mini-arcs?
Hoy Greg just curious about the creative choices you made with the Marvel family.
1.-Why did you decided to make them weaker by sharing the power? Not judging just curious.
I recall that, for example, Mary often got her powers from a bunch of goddesses in other versions and Billy didnât seem any weaker for sharing his powers with Freddy, including in the original Fawcett run.In the movie he even shared them with 5 family members.
Just curious on why you deliberately make the 3 weaker. Was it so they wouldnât be too powerful for villains to be a credible threat?
2.- Hypotethically, if Shazam/Captain Marvel was injured, say but Billy transformed again to his normal self, and then back to Shazam/Captain Marvel would his powered self be âfreshâ and without injuries?
Hi Greg! You have so much fun making a believable and specific timeline for Young Justice (or you seem to--more pertinently, you put a lot of effort into something that is fun for me to read). I wanted to ask you what is hopeful a fun and lighthearted question about which historical events have happened in Young Justice and which ones you might want to leave yourself open to having an alternate history version for.
1. Which American presidents have served that office in the Young Justice universe?
Hopefully explaining the reasoning behind my question will make it easier to answer. I am not asking you to confirm whether or not Biden or Trump or Obama, etc. exist in YJ and how they feel about superheroes or otherwise try to get you to give your political opinions on modern political figures. I am, however, under the assumption that, as a writer, it's easiest for you to write under the assumption that Young Justice's history is the same as ours except where specified, and that the farther back we go, the more likely it is that the Young Justice timeline aligns with real-life (again, except where specified). So I guess my question assumes that, for example, some version of George Washington was the first president, and some version of Abraham Lincoln served during the Civil War, and some version of Franklin Roosevelt served during WWII, because that would explain why Young Justice's world looks so similar to our own. But how close to the present can we get to where those assumptions are no longer valid? Is there a historical point where this question becomes a spoiler request but before it is fair game? For example, could we assume that every president from George Washington through Harry Truman served in Young Justice but after that you don't want to confirm or deny anything? Or is it all a spoiler request?
Anyway, this question is just a fun thing for me to think about and I hope it's fun for you too. I tried to keep it more historical and less political because I know the latter is a messy topic on the internet.
Thank you for all your work on this incredible series!
Are you considering adding more characters to Season 5?
Because I have some ideas for people who should definitely appear by then.
Just wanted to show my love for the series.
In the final episode of season 3 black lightning exposed that lex luthor created infinity inc to the UN. So Why is it that at the end of phantoms episode 18 superman asked if the infinitors could be trusted?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How old is Lizard John (i know his real name but John sounds more mature to me) and how did he make it to Markovia ? 2. How long has Beast Boy had his Corgi and did Miss martian Robot Man and Wonder Girl ever apologize to Beast Boy in kind for trying to both guilt him and force him back to duty because of what they wanted instead of asking him if the hero life was something he still wanted to do? 3. How old is Every man and what part of new York does he come from?
I've loved all of your shows since I was a Gargoyles-obsessed 6-year-old, but was a little disappointed to see Rocket get an "autism mom" storyline--no offense or shade intended, its just that media depictions of autism tend to skew HARD towards prioritizing parents of autistic children & how their autism impacts the parent's experience, rather than actually focusing on the autistic individual themselves & what life is like for US.
Any hope for an autistic character in hypothetical future seasons who isn't just a complication for his mother's storyline?
9 ! On the episode 23 of season 4, on Nightwing's arc, Dick spoke 9 times. And I counted the time he appeared on screen : 1 minute and 18 seconds, and most of the time he just stands out in the background. I calculated, that gives about 5% of the episode for him.
For a Nightwing fan like me, this is pretty hard and sad...
Don't you think you've just sacrificed Dick's character because of the importance and the need to tell the plot ?
This is a response to episode 23 of phantoms: There are no boyfriends and girlfriend in Islam. People literally have been punished for their deviance of pre martial relationship and sometimes even executed based on the magnitude of the crime. So when you showcase their "relationship" you're mocking our belief. Ironic isn't when you talk about respecting beliefs. There are no muslim theys or whatever goofy nonsense liberals like to come up with.
"And by Him Who created male and female;" Quran 92:3. This verse refutes theys, xi and whatever goofy nonsense liberals come up with. Originally I was going to bat an eye to this issue but you guys just wanted to milk this lgbtq non binary woke nonsense and had to go involve islam with that which in return made me get involved in this response. Again nobody asked for "Muslim representations" but you just had to meddle with forces beyond your grips of understanding. If it does get renewed for a 5th season I probably won't watch it if you involve Islam. Again nobody asked you to represent Muslims but sir you just had to go there. This is what Hollywood doesn't understand. Just basic things. I guessing your "Muslim" writers and actor don't understand basic rulings of Islam otherwise they wouldn't be in this industry
Did dr jace have a back up plan if voilet had told the heroes she was dying?
1 was lena luthor one of the lightâs associates invited to the warworld for project lifeboat
2 did ultra humanite have any other apprenticeâs besides Helga?
3 what was nabuâs relationship with his sister Ishtar?
4 was nabu and vandalâs relationship different before klarion showed up with starro? Which ended nabuâs mortal life
Why did Robin decide not admonish Arsenal for his recklessness?
When a Green Lantern power ring choose someone, does its A.I. give the following message below; like in the comics?
"[Person's name] of [Planet of origin]. You have the ability to overcome great fear. You have been chosen. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps."
On the "Daily Planet" page on Wikipedia, the following employees in the comics are as follows:
Clark Kent - Reporter
Lois Lane - Reporter
Jimmy Olsen - Photographer and Cub Reporter
Perry White - Editor-in-Chief
Lana Lang - Business Columnist and editor
Cat Grant - Gossip Columnist and editor
Ron Troupe - Political Columnist and editor
Steve Lombard - Sports Columnist and editor
On the "Daily Planet" page on the DC Database Wiki, the following people who work there in the comics are as follows:
Clark Kent - TV anchor, former reporter
Connie Hatch - puzzle editor
Dave - crime columnist
George Taylor - former managing editor (prior Perry White)
Hobb - former managing editor
Jack Smart - reporter
Jimmy Olsen - photographer
Lois Lane - reporter
John Corben - former reporter (actually an infiltrated villain)
Margaret "Meg" Tempest - reporter
Morton - former managing editor
Percival "Percy" Bratten - reporter
Perry White - managing editor
Ryan Lowell - obituary editor
Steve Lombard - sports commentator
Ted Mailerway - former reporter
Wendall Walters - reporter
Mr. Bratten - majority shareholder
Bruce Wayne - former owner
Lex Luthor - former owner
Alice White - intern
Bob Harley - investigative reporter
Bostwick - reporter
Briscoe - staff member
Cat Grant - gossip columnist
Clark Kent - investigative reporter
Ed Byrnes - former managing editor; later night time editor
Franklin Stern - publisher
Harley Quinn - love columnist
Jack - cameraman
James McCullough - former city editor
Jamie Gillis - photographer
Janice Denton - features editor
Jennifer Owens - receptionist
Jimmy Olsen - photo-journalist
Joyce - staff member
Justin Moore - cub reporter
Kara Zor-El - intern
Lana Lang - Business Editor
Lois Lane - investigative reporter
Marilyn - James McCullough's secretary
Mark Spencer - "gofer"
Perry White - managing editor
Ron Troupe - reporter
Sally Winfield - Perry White's secretary
Simone D'Neige - reporter
Steve Lombard - Sports section editor
Whit - staff member
Lex Luthor - owner
Marisol Leone - former owner
Clark Kent - journalist
Heather Kelly - reporter
Lois Lane - journalist
Miguel Montez - intern
Trish Q - gossip columnist
As such my first question to you is this: In comparison to the comics, which people from the lists above worked in the Earth-16's version of the Daily Planet, and what are their respective job positions?
For my second question, how long has the Daily Planet been a newspaper for Metropolis in the Earth-16 universe?
In Young Justice, if Cyborg moved out of the Premier Building, where does he live now? Does he attend college?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of Jimmy Olsen, is his full name James Bartholomew "Jimmy" Olsen?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of Cat Grant, is her full name Catherine Jane "Cat" Grant?
Knowing the exact location of Vandal's hideout, did he position it on an international border (or rather, did he perhaps position the international border on the mountain) in order to create a jurisdictional conflict in the admittedly highly unlikely event it were to be discovered?
1) Was the changing Captain Marvel's name to Shazam a voluntary move on your part or was it mandated by WB?
2) If it was a mandate, would it preclude some character on-screen acknowledging that the Shazam Family used to be the Marvel Family? I ask because of Mary's response to Khalid in "Odnu!" I didn't know if this was just your or the writer being a smarty-pants or whether there was some other concern.
When was the Javelin (the Justice League's spacecraft) first created and who built/designed it?
Hey there greg.
I just read that you said that you wanted the same actress to be able to play Mary Bromfield and the chaoslord child
My question is, does this has any plot/ story significance, like How Superman and Superboy are played by the same voice actor? Or was that due to budget or union reasons?
I can see why with superboy being a clone and all you would want the same voice actor. But I don't see any link berween Mary and child, besides the latter liking the power hungry side of her.
1 how would you describe jace and ultra humaniteâs relationship?
2 how does Helga view her former mentor?
Exactly how many Kryptonian prisoners are there in the Phantom Zone? Is it just Dru-Zod, Ursa and their handful of followers or are there more of them spread out into the Phantom Zone?
Do you or your children even played Street Fighters or Sonic the Hedgehog?
What is the title of the next episode of Young Justice Phantoms?
Hey Greg, Iâm Connor, loving season 4 right now and Iâm just wondering after hearing Thirteen reject an offer to join the Outsiders, did anyone else receive an invitation to join and havenât yet or was it just her?
For each criminal in the Phantom Zone whose name was identified on-screen and in each of the episode credits in Season 4, exactly when and why were they sent into the Phantom Zone, and exactly how long were each criminal's sentences? I'm not specifically asking for any lengthy explanations for why each identified criminal was sent into the Phantom Zone; a short summary (maybe a few sentences) for each criminal should work.
Since Damian Wayne became Robin at the age of 10 in the comics, does that mean in the Earth-16 universe that Tim Drake will keep the mantle of Robin until then? Or will Tim Drake become Red Robin, and the mantle of Robin will likely go to the Earth-16 version of Duke Thomas (who is currently known as the Signal in the comics; although he WAS Robin in "The New 52: Futures End)?
In the comics, Aquaman and Mera have a daughter named Andrina "Andy" Curry. As such, what are the chances that we will one day see the Earth-16 version of this character?
I am a child the 90s so Gargoyles was one of my top favorites. I revisit it often and wish for its continuation. Is there anything us fans/viewers can do on our end to help continue Gargoyles?
As of the time of this posting, can you please confirm if the full names of each person listed below is correct in the Earth-16 universe?
I would like to let you know that I investigated each personâs full name by looking in the DC Database Wiki; both the pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) and post-Flashpoint versions of each character; so you may see one version of a characterâs full name, or a combination of both. If I have question marks on a characterâs full name, it means I am personally unsure as to what the characterâs full name is.
Superman â" Kal-El/Clark Joseph Kent
Batman â" Bruce Thomas Wayne
Wonder Woman â" Diana of Themyscira/Diana Prince
Flash â" Bartholomew Henry âBarryâ Allen
Green Lantern â" Harold âHalâ Jordan
Aquaman â" Orin/Arthur Curry
Martian Manhunter â" Jâonn Jâonzz/John Jones
Green Arrow â" Oliver Jonas âOllieâ Queen
Hawkman â" Katar Hol
Hawkwoman â" Shayera Thal (pre-marriage)/Shayera Hol (post-marriage)
Zatara â" Giovanni âJohnâ Zatara
Captain Atom â" Nathaniel Christopher âNateâ Adam
Black Canary â" Dinah Laurel Lance
Green Lantern â" John Marshall Stewart
Captain Marvel/Shazam â" William Joseph âBillyâ Baston
Red Tornado â" John Smith (in human android body only)
Doctor Fate â" Nabu (as the Helmet of Fate)/Whoever is the host of the Helmet of Fate
Atom â" Raymond âRayâ Palmer
Plastic Man â" Patrick âEelâ OâBrian
Icon â" Augustus Freeman IV
Red Arrow â" Roy William Harper
Blue Beetle â" Theodore Stephen âTedâ Kord
Black Lightning â" Jefferson Michael âJeffâ Pierce
Green Lantern â" Guy Darrin Gardner
Zatanna â" Zatanna Zatara
Rocket â" Raquel Ervin
Aquaman â" Kaldur'ahm
Batwoman â" Katherine Rebecca âKateâ Kane
Blue Devil â" Daniel Patrick âDanâ Cassidy
Elongated Man â" Randolph William âRalphâ Dibny
Fire â" Beatriz Bonilla âB.B.â da Costa*
Hardware â" Curtis âCurtâ Metcalf
Ice â" Tora Olafsdottir**
Katana â" Tatsu Yamashiro (western order)/Yamashiro Tatsu (eastern order)
Magog â" David Reid
Steel â" John Henry Irons
Cyborg â" Victor âVicâ Stone
Flash â" Jason Peter âJayâ Garrick
Green Lantern â" Kyle Rayner***
Metamorpho â" Rex Mason
*I got the characterâs full name from the characterâs disambiguation page on the DC Database Wiki; although her alternate nickname is also identified as âBea.â
**In the DC Database Wiki, the characterâs last name is spelled out as Olafsdotter. I used Olafsdottir because I believe â-dottirâ is the CORRECT wording; considering the characterâs nationality. Also, you have to consider how Marvel does it with their Asgardian characters; for example, Angelaâs full name is Aldrif Odinsdottir in the comics.
***This is an assumption because you have to consider to the order of human male Green Lantern members in the comics.
Robin/Nightwing â" Richard John âDickâ Grayson
Aqualad â" Kaldur'ahm
Kid Flash â" Wallace Rudolph âWallyâ West
Superboy â" Kon-El/Conner Kent
Miss Martian â" Mâgann Mâorzz/Megan Morse
Speedy/Red Arrow â" Roy William Harper
Artemis/Tigress â" Artemis Lian Crock
Zatanna â" Zatanna Zatara
Rocket â" Raquel Ervin
Tempest - Garth
Aquagirl - Tula
Troia â" Donna Troy
Robin â" Jason Peter Todd
Lieutenant Marvel â" Frederick âFreddyâ Freeman
Sergeant Marvel â" Mary Bromfield
Batgirl â" Barbara Joan Gordon
Bumblebee â" Karen Beecher (pre-marriage)/Karen Beecher-Duncan (post-marriage)
Lagoon Boy â" Laâgaan
Beast Boy â" Garfield Mark âGarâ Logan
Robin â" Timothy Jackson âTimâ Drake
Wonder Girl â" Cassandra Elizabeth âCassieâ Sandsmark
Blue Beetle â" Jaime Reyes
Impulse/Kid Flash â" Bartholomew Henry âBartâ Allen
Guardian â" Malcolm âMalâ Duncan
Arsenal â" Roy William Harper
Static â" Virgil Ovid Hawkins
Arrowette â" Suzanne âCissieâ King-Jones
Spoiler â" Stephanie Brown
Thirteen â" Traci Thurston
Geo-Force â" Brion Markov
Halo â" âViolet Harperâ
Forager â" Forager
Terra â" Tara Markov
Beast Boy â" Garfield Mark âGarâ Logan
Blue Beetle â" Jaime Reyes
Kid Flash â" Bartholomew Henry âBartâ Allen
Static â" Virgil Ovid Hawkins
El Dorado â" Eduardo âEdâ Dorado, Jr.
Superboy â" Kon-El/Conner Kent
Forager â" Forager
Terra â" Tara Markov
Robin â" Timothy Jackson âTimâ Drake
Stargirl â" Courtney Elizabeth Whitmore
Livewire â" Leslie Willis
Vandal Savage - ?????
Raâs al Ghul â" ?????
Lex Luthor â" Alexander Joseph âLexâ Luthor
Queen Bee â" ?????
Ocean-Master â" Orm Marius
Brain â" Ernst (full name unknown)
Klarion â" Klarion
Black Manta â" David Hyde
Deathstroke â" Slade Joseph Wilson
Ultra-Humanite â" Xavier Simon
Gretchen Goode â" Granny Goodness
Zviad Baazovi â" Zviad Baazovi
Was the animated film Justice League vs. the Fatal Five a source of inspiration for Young Justice: Phantoms? I ask because I was present at the WonderCon 2019 panel (when "Influence" was screened to the crowd) and I remember that a JL vs. FF trailer was shown during the panel as well. Fast forward to 2021 and 2022, and we have a fourth season of YJ which features a "time sphere" like the one seen in Justice League vs. the Fatal Five. And the Emerald Empress's Eye of Ekron was seen briefly in season 4 episode 20, no less. Is all of this just a co-incidence, or did that film provide some inspiration for yourself and Brandon Vietti? By the way, I love the fact that Dynamic Music Partners worked on both projects!
I'm rereading the Gargoyles SLG comics (after having done a rewatch of the TV series). While reading the comics, I try to "hear" the actors' voices in my head saying the lines. One thing I wondered (and it doesn't appear that this has been asked before): when Robyn meets with Castaway in Bad Guys #3, do you envision that Castaway was using his Scottish accent, the affected English accent, or some combination thereof? I have my own theory, but am curious as to your intent (especially since, during the scene, he claims to no longer be Jonny Canmore).
While I'm here, I'll just add that I've always particularly loved this issue, from the depth that you gave to Robyn and her relationships with her siblings, to Christopher Jones's amazing artwork (especially the stunning sequence with Demona and the tumbling skulls). It's really a largely action-free issue, and very character-driven in a terrific way. So, thanks for the great work.
In The Gargoyles universe, what is the name of Maria Chavez's husband?
Hi! I was rewatching Young Justice and I havenÂ´t been able to get this question out of my head.
1) What are Nightwing's, Rocket's and Zatanna's day jobs?
WeÂ´ve seen what the rest of the Year 0 Team works with but the only other job that was shown was Nightwing's solo performance with Haly's Circus. Are those 3 full-time heroes who only work with the Team/League or do they have jobs as civilians?
PS: I just wanted to say that Season 4 has been amazing so far. Season 1 will forever hold a special place in my heart, but Season 4 is definetely my second favorite and I've been streaming it non-stop. The cast and the crew really outdid themselves and I'm excited for the season finale.
Thank you so much for your time!
In Young Justice, did Bruce Wayne train with Zatarra during his journey to becoming Batman?
1-Can a martian change their chemical composition by shape shifting?
2-If a martian turn into a stone wall, would he turn into stone itself or its his appearance that changes? And would he gain stone hardness?
3-What abilities mcomm gain by turning into malfaak animal? Other than tentacles and sharp teeth I mean.
4-Does martian Telekinesis works similar to avatar the last Airbender? Can they turn earth to lava and water to ice? Can they bend and control fire?
5-you said that Martians healing factor is a bit faster than human but shouldn't shape shifting make their healing factor tremendously stronger than human? We've seen miss martian growing additional arms so I her real arm was served she could easily grow another one and similarly they can heal from any injury almost instantly.
1 Does the light have any other rules besides the rules ultra humanite mentioned to gretchen
2 Since gretchen was a member of the light how was she unaware of its traditions that ultra humanite mentioned
In many retellings of how Jason Todd died, his mom Sheila Haywood often gets left out. Do you know why this is?
I feel like a lot of nuance in Jason's character and murder is lost when Sheila is removed from the narrative. Him dying while trying to save the mom that betrayed him added so much depth and sadness to his character that I feel is lost when she isn't a part of the story.
I'm not asking if she exists on Earth-16 or was there when Joker killed Jason because I know that would probably be a spoiler (though I am curious how YJ will handle Red Hood!) I just want to know if you know the reason Sheila is barely in any adaptions of Jason's murder? Is it just to make the story less complicated?
I just find it frustrating when writers and fans alike blame Jason for his own murder by saying he was too reckless and angry and didn't follow orders when he actually died a hero trying to save someone.
Itâs me again !!
I meant S4E22, sorry
Hey Greg !
I just wanted to say thank you for those wholesome Chalant scenes in S2E22
Which Young Justice credits style do you prefer?
An animation loop with music
A mini story in the credits with no music
Hey, Greg. My friend A.H. with the screeners just gave me the titles and loglines of the final episodes:
"Ego et Superego"
"Zenith and Abyss"
"Over and Out"
"Death and Rebirth"
And I have some questions..... but the most important one: why aren't these titles unwords though?? What a missed opportunity.
Anyway, just dropping by to brag about my inside knowledge. lol
Invitation to Kneel Before Zod confirmed!!! Wish I had figured it out first. lol thinking is hard!! lol
What is Doctor Fateâs Doctorate even in?
Greg, I have a very important question for you. Did the Metropolis Monarchs, indeed, run away with it in their game against the Gotham Knights? Or did the Knights slaughter the Monarchs?
I just started watching âGargoylesâ and Iâm already hooked.
Have you ever considered reviving the show?
I know Iâd like to see it air again.
1) Gretchen Goode's line in "Nightmare Monkeys" about "father and son" going through time and space has always been intriguing. Is Paul Sloane the biological father of Garfield Logan?
2) Regarding designations A-08 and A-09, are these characters that we have seen in the show, or are they characters that we have not seen yet (like A-06 Freddy Freeman)?
3) Wonder Woman seemed very unhappy with Batman in "Agendas" for making young Dick Grayson his sidekick as Robin. But then two years later, Troia (her little sister) joined the Team. Is there more to this apparent change of heart by Diana than what has been revealed so far? (I suppose this will get a NO SPOILERS...)
4) Lt. and Sgt. Marvel seem like odd additions to a covert team (certainly Sgt does anyway, since she's in a costume that isn't exactly subdued or subtle). Not asking for an in-universe explanation for why they joined the Team, but what was the rationale from yourself and Brandon Vietti? The obvious explanation would seem to be that as the Outsiders didn't exist at the time, the covert team was Lt. and Sgt.'s only option. But was this the reason that you both chose to go that route with those characters?
5) Would yourself and Brandon Vietti ever consider a backwards time skip or are you resolute about bringing the show forward in time for now? This is probably going to get another NO SPOILERS response, but what can I say, I'm curious as to what you might say to this.
1) Can you please confirm whether Mary Bromfield is a member of the Sentinels of Magic as of "Odyssey of Death!"? She wasn't standing alongside Khalid and Traci. I know that the ending of "Kaerb Ym Traeh!" strongly implied that she was leaving, so just making sure.
2) What made yourself and Brandon Vietti want to do a darker take on Mary Bromfield here? What sort of material influenced you both? I know that there is the Black Mary stuff in the comics around the time of Countdown and Final Crisis, but of course the character has had many more appearances in the comics, so I'm just curious.
3) Was the general idea/arc for season 4 (Superboy being sent to the Phantom Zone) planned by yourself and Brandon Vietti from early in development? I ask because you've said that you originally had a five season plan and that nothing in your plan has changed, so that would suggest that the premise of Phantoms was always part of your plan.
4) You have said that you will only reveal designations when they become fairly obvious and/or defunct. At least, I think that that is what you have said, although I am paraphrasing. With that in mind, are you able to confirm that Wonder Girl now has designation D-02, and that Geo-Force had D-06 and that Cyborg had D-08 (before he joined the Justice League)? We know that Beast Boy is D-01, that Blue Beetle is D-03, KF is D-04, Static is D-05 and El Dorado is D-07, so it seems logical that Cassie would be D-02 (having been a founding member of the Outsiders and longest active superhero of that group's founding unit after Garfield Logan), while Brion would be D-06 (as the "newest superhero" of the group's founding unit) and Vic would be D-08 (since we know from Tod Donner's broadcast in "Overwhelmed" that he joined before Superboy, Forager and Terra).
what type of computer is the Justice League computer? Is it a supercomputer, mainframe, server? what are the specs?
Was the creature that Chameleon Boy (and then Ma'alafa'ak) turns into when Lor-Zod infiltrates Bio-Ship in "Rescue and Search" a Martian creature? I ask because I found it very interesting that Chameleon Boy's version was smaller and greener while Ma'alafa'ak's was larger and grayer.
Whatever happened to Dragon King after he âkilledâ Firebrand in 1945?
I wanted to know more about martian shape shifting so I hope you could answer my questions.
1-does Martians gain abilities of animals or creatures they mimic? I know turning into superman wouldn't give them strength,heat vision, ... but they can gain abilities that are based on physical body. right? If yes does Turing into a dog give them dog's Enhanced sense of smell?
2-i also read somewhere that a martian only changes apereance and would never truly become a dog as beast boy does.They would only be a martian shaped like a dog. How true is that?
3- as you mentioned before Martians can't change mass so if they turn into an elephant (which normally weights above 4 tons) what would happen? Would they become a weak elephant or something?
4-you said that Martians have relatively high mass because of their large natrual Form, so why when Megan was impersonating as a little girl beast boy who was carrying her didn't suspect anything? Couldn't he understand that she is much heavier than she should be?
Sorry for my long questions and thank you for giving us such great show.
1 in the young justice comics we see ultra humanite working with the brain. My question is before ultra humanite became a member of the light was he just an agent for the light as a whole or did he specifically work for the brain?
2 did ultra humanite mentor Helga before or after he became a member of the light?
3 was ultra humanite and Gretchen's quarrel the first time two members of the light had a conflict with each other?
could a human become a anchor for a chaos lord?
when was zor elâs daughter born?
while it's admirable that you and brandon want to increase representation and tackle social issues you need to remember to tell a good story first - people want to be entertained not lectured - addressing social issues in superhero media works best when it's more removed from the real world politics i.e. X-Men being an allegory for the civil rights movement while still managing to be good fun with action, Kamala Khan being muslim and a child of immigrants is part of her character and part of why she feels like an outsider but we're not hearing about islam and being a first generation American every five seconds, her powers also being kinda freakish adds to the narrative, and btw she was created by a white non muslim woman and the comic is critically acclaimed so none of this woe is me i'm being criticized for being white bs please - you're being criticized because it's bad - some of these kids are so starved for representation that they'll heap praise on anything they can get in hopes that they can get more, that doesn't mean it's good...
Can you stop acting like the bad animation we're getting is the industry standard these days? Because we can clearly see that things like Invincible, Arcane, and Ex Machina look just fine, Young Justice is clearly not using its budget wisely, the still images look cheap and take people out of the story, there are frequent cases of characters not talking when they should be because you obviously couldn't afford to pay the voice actor - if you're forced to do this, maybe that's a sign you've got too many characters, as has been pointed out to you countless times? We could get back to the animation quality of the first two seasons if you reduce the cast, stop adding new characters, have a more focused storyline.
You've made it clear that you care about plot and story more than characters and that you don't give a damn about characters getting balanced screen time (your words, not mine, I distinctly remember you saying "balance be damned" on here when people complained during season 2) but are you aware that the majority of people who consume media feel the opposite? We care about characters, characters drive the plot, we get angry when the plot forces characters to make decisions that don't make sense. Star Wars doesn't have the most original plot in the world but it's endured because we love the characters. This show is treating the characters as so disposable plus you keep ignoring everyone who says they want to see more of the season 2 cast because you claim the plot doesn't involve them. You tell people to be patient or say no spoilers when they ask for more info but you have yet to follow through on a lot of characters. It's annoying.
i want to thank you for teaching me an important life lesson. i spent so many years pining for young justice to come back and lamenting its cancelation when i should've just appreciated it for what it was. i had such high expectations for what you guys would've come up with but the revival has been so disappointing that it's soured the entire show for me. i can't even enjoy the older episodes knowing the direction the universe ends up going. i used to hold the diversity in such high-esteem but the crap you guys pulled with halo made me lose all respect i had for you. i should've just let it be and enjoyed the fanfiction that was a thousand times better. lesson learned.
Hello Mr. Weismann, I'm a big Superman fan and love your work on this show. Time is short, so I'll keep it brief.
1. Did Pa and Ma Kent adopt Conner? Was it a formal, legal adoption?
2. Was it public to Smallville? How did they react to Clark finding his little brother, who is 16 or 17 years younger than him?
3. Does Conner have a dual identity, like Clark does, or when he publicly announced himself at the UN summit it was also as Conner?
I really liked your post about Brandon Vietti and Olympia. And she absolutely made the episode for me. Her own voice-over explaining that Vandal Savage prefers not to kill anyone who might still be of use to him rivals Secret emerging from her grave and Soranik Natu's explanation of the Kaizer-Thrall for "most blood-curdling moment in YJ," in my humble opinion.
So I wanted to ask, what are some other cool moments or aspects or reads that other collaborators have brought to the (aired/published) series that made you think, "Wow, this part of YJ would never have been this good without them?" Artists, voice actors, sound people? I get that there's probably not a lot of room for improvisations, though. It's just fun reading about people complimenting the people they work with!
Dear Mr Weisman 1. Is Vandal Savage (the earth 16 version of course) ever content with anything in his life? or does his hunger for more kingdoms to rule (as seen in the 3 long yarns that He and the Phantom Stranger and Nabu all told) Never end? 2. How did Soranik Natu react when she heard the news about Tomar Re and does she get along well with P.F.? ( my nickname for female Forager to avoid confusion) 3. I have skipped Aqualad's arc for personal reasons but have herd of Mera's new role as high Queen of Atlantis however with her other duties to both the Conservatory of Sorcery and helping to care both her and Aquaman's son Artur does she feel overburdened at times ? 4. Did Nika Fluttermen have much trouble with the bug noises for her role as P.F. (aka Purple Forager) ?
How did miss martian grew 4 arms in order to help her in combat? As you already mentioned they cannot alter their mass so her muscle mass couldn't have change so how did she grew 4 more arms?
Is it safe to assume her arms were getting weaker as her muscles had to be separated between all of the arms?
I don't have a question I just wanted to say thank you for giving us paraplegic Barbara Gordon in your show even though she's not one of the main characters, Oracle's addtion and her value to the team means a lot. I love her bond with Cassandra as a sister and also her relationship with Dick how it evolved over time even after her accident it's refreshing and nice to see :)
Before Arion did the lords of order choose any other agent to fufill their will on earth?
Why did the chaos lords choose child to replace klarion?
So I've fairly recently watched all of Hill Street Blues. Loved it. And it did really get me thinking a lot about the show, police justice and how Gargoyles was influenced by it.
Firstly, while searching for interviews and info on the series on YouTube, I found an old commercial for HSB which described Frank as "the Man in Charge". It made me laugh because it was so blatantly antithetical to who Frank is.
Frank is not in charge of anything. He's got a boss who is constantly on his case pushes him to keep up appearances all the while torpedoing him at basically every opportunity if it makes his job easier. Two lieutenants, one who wants to revolutionize the police force and change the way the whole city is run (i.e. "the bleeding heart liberal") -- the other a neo-fascist who wants to buy tanks and start wars on the street. (Incidentally I LOVE Howard Hunter, he is *hilarious* and super sympathetic despite this.) He has a girlfriend who is a public defender, so not only are her attitudes and sympathies just deeply anti-cop in pretty much every possible way, it's literally her *job* to oppose him to the best of her ability.
So in my mind, Frank is less the man in charge, and more so the great appeaser or compromiser. He has to balance all these forces in his life, while maintaining his authority and making sure it all doesn't implode in on itself. And he does it very well, largely because he is so extremely compassionate and *not* the "Man in Charge".
Which is largely, especially in the first season, how I think of Goliath. I rewatched the first season not *too* long ago, and one thing that struck me is how much I enjoyed one of Goliath and Elisa's first meetings where they discuss human justice. Something to the effect of Goliath questioning who decides what's just and Elisa tells him "[The people]" and Goliath says "the humans decide" and the conversation is never REALLY followed up on. Goliath's decision to become a modern-day superhero of sorts ends up being more based on just his search for a purpose, and just doing what *feels* right. But I suppose in my head I can pretend that Elisa and Goliath continued to have conversations about modern judicial practices off screen and Goliath liked what he was hearing (or I imagine he WOULD like it).
What interests me, though, is that this is *largely* what HSB is about. Both explicitly and implicitly. There are stories that discuss these issues and sometimes the characters just blatantly talk about them. And what's cool about HSB to me is how *highly* critical it is of the police, primarily as an institution. And how critical it is of the justice system.
This isn't *really* present in Gargoyles as much. The cops in the show are generally extremely fair people, and though there are the occasional token mention of the system being "flawed" this isn't really demonstrated. Which is totally fine, but it is sort of interesting to me.
Incidentally I think that element was somewhat lost after Steven Bochco left the show, and Dennis Franz became a lead. The show was still a great show, but man did it get silly.
Anyway, I don't know if I really came to a cohesive point there but I did wanna share my thoughts on the show and wanted to thank you again for (indirectly) recommending it.
Just a few questions:
1) I know Goliath is based on Frank Furillo but I got the vibe that there was a bit of Howard Hunter in Matt Bluestone? Particularly in the episode Legion, I think the RECAP robot might almost be straight out of that episode where Hunter brought a bomb disposal robot into the precinct.
I think Hudson might have a bit of Robert Prosky's physicality, Morgan a bit of Neal Washington's Zen mentality, Elisa has a bit of Lucy's street smart attitude but that's really about it.
2) Young Justice has those briefing scenes once in a while in it's first season, where Batman will sort of outline what the episode is going to be about. It reminds me a lot of the briefings in HSB. Honestly? I think it's SUPER smart. It's just a great way to outline the A, B and sometimes C plots of an episode without having to have awkward "Here we are at Brad Goodman's self-help seminar" dialogue. Was that perhaps an influence there?
1. Are Dick and Barbara in an open relationship (if they're still in a relationship -- I guess, given Dick's track record)? Or was his and Zatanna's flirting just a bit of fun? Or am I mistaken entirely?
2. Were there any particular comics or books that inspired your take on Dick in Young Justice? I've always loved this version of the character it's probably my favourite. My favourite comic Dick Grayson has been Marv Wolfman's take on him, from what I've read.
3. I'm still pretty disappointed that one of the few gay male characters in the show (let's call him the fourth of his line) isn't allowed to be so explicitly. Am I over-reading into the pat that other circus performer gave Dick on the back or Dick perhaps a bit bicurious?
My Previous Question: In the aftermath of "Dark Nights: Death Metal ," has the Young Justice animated universe been officially designated as Earth-16 again in the DC Multiverse, or is Earth-16 still that version that was seen in "The Multiversity: The Just?"
Your Response to My Question: No idea. I just know we're Earth-16 in the Earth-16 Universe.
My Response to Your Response: I find that very odd that you and DC Comics apparently do NOT communicate with each other when it comes to multiverse-related stuff and the changes that occur to the multiverse as a result of the aftermaths of major DC Comics events (like Flashpoint and Dark Nights: Death Metal, for example). I mean, communication between both sides IS important after all; otherwise, won't things end up becoming very confusing...? This was the reason why I had previously asked you before if DC Comics has officially re-designated the Young Justice animated universe as Earth-16; because I know you've put a lot of hard work into creating this version of the DC Universe, and it is far better than the version of Earth-16 seen in "The Multiversity: The Just," which only acknowledges Young Justice as a mere video game series.
So I had a couple of questions, did my best to skim the archives to make sure they weren't repeats, but there are 1460+ questions at this moment in time so this probably won't get through until 2025 or so. (As such, I will manifest it by saying: "congratulations on a fantastic season 5 of Young Justice!" and hopefully not jinx it)
I've TRIED to word these vaguely enough that I'm not just flat out asking you for spoilers, but... best laid plans and all that.
1) So we know Green Lantern: The Animated Series is "Canon adjacent". I assume what that means is that anything that doesn't directly contradict stuff that's happened in the Young Justice television series or any of the official tie-in media (Legacy, the Comic) happened. Or very, very similar things happen.
I'm sure you've mostly just left things ambiguous enough that you can really change your mind as the situation arises
and not trap yourself into say... the Star Sapphire-Carol lore that GL:TAS used if you want to take that in another direction.
But as it is, anything to do with Razer, Hal, Aya and Kilowog on the ship (i.e. largely the battle with the Red Lantern Corps, and then the Manhunters that followed happened) is all we know for sure happened and the only thing that definitively *did not* happen, is the stuff involving Guy Gardner and John Stewart since we know their origins already in YJ. It helps that Hal Jordan has basically only had a few cameos in Young Justice, so our imaginations can really put him wherever.
Am I on the right track there?
I'm gonna be a little bold, and these questions could be answered by the 4 remaining episodes in season 4 (asking this after the first "Nightwing episode" aired) but eh.
2) Was Sinestro a Green Lantern in team year 5?
3) When would the Red Lantern Corps invasion and Manhunter battles have taken place in relation to the events of Team Year 5? Roughly.
4) Were the Justice League and the Team aware of these events or were they so far removed from Earth that they only found out about them after the fact (if at all)?
5) Has the YJ version of Carol had a run-in with the Star Sapphires?
In the comics, Alfred's full name is Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth. As such, is this also true in the Earth-16 universe?
How well known was Guardian before joining Cadmus?
Why did Guardian bow to Dr. Desmond?
In the current continuity of DC Comics (Prime Earth), the family members of Lucius fox are as follows:
Tanya Fox (wife)
Tamara "Tam" Fox (oldest daughter and 2nd child)
Tiffany "Tiff" Fox (youngest daughter and 4th child)
Lucas "Luke" Fox (youngest son and 3rd child)
Timothy "Jace" Fox (oldest son and 1st child)
Darcy Fox (niece)
As such, do these family members also exist in the Earth-16 universe and, if so, what are their current ages?
Who attended Lois and Clark's wedding?
If the Earth-16 version of Jonathan Samuel Kent had a Kryptonian name, would he be identified as Jon-El?
Hello Mr Greg,
I just wanted to say I really like Young Justice and think it is very cool. However, I do have one question/request. Whenever someone asks a question that is a spoiler you say "No Spoilers". However, I feel that this doesn't really roll off the tongue and it's acronym, NS, leaves something to be desired. Hence, I suggest using "Watch And Find Out" instead. It is a very cool phrase and its acronym, WAFO, sounds even cooler. Therefore it must be superior to "No Spoilers". Thank you
Why did Garfield want to rejoin the outsiders but not want to restart his relationship with Perdita by the time Garfield went to get council season within black canary in young justice season 4?
Is it true that Supergirl and the Wonder Twins (Zan and Jayna) were considered to appear in Young Justice: Outsiders (a.k.a. Young Justice Season 3) before being scrapped due to a lack of relevancy within the plot?
I wanna thank you for offering us the best version of Nightwing ! It's a true pleasure for the DC fans because he's always getting nerfed in new DC animated movies, but he's actually the only Robin who is better than Batman at one skill.
Because Dick is an acrobat, Jason a fighter, and Tim a detective, but only Dick is a better acrobat than Batman.
And he can fight Batman too, btw, and even defeat him. And you just showed he's an impressive detective.
He's just the most incredible Robin ever.
Just a question : you've made him like in the comics, smart and strong and so many other character development qualities (and thank you so much for that), but if he is so smart, why is he trying to kick adversaries like Lobo or Klarion with mere sticks ? That's a bit ridiculous.
One scene I really liked is when he fought against Tommy Terror and used his skills to counter super-strength.
Genius idea !
So thank you so much for that Nightwing version !
And sorry, english is not my language.
In the Syfy TV series, "Krypton," Dru-Zod was depicted as the son of Seg-El and Lyta-Zod; thus making him the younger half-brother of Jor-El. As such, was the change to the Earth-16 version of Dru-Zod made to reflect this as well? If not, what was the real reason?
If the Earth-16 version of Krypto the Superdog ever makes an appearance, would he look like Labrador retriever or a wolf?
I don't really understand why you and Brandon decided to alter the naming customs for Krypton. You have stated that Kal-El's mother is Lara El (rather than the comics-appropriate Lara Lor-Van) and Ursa has been fully named Ursa Zod. In the comics, the last name for Kryptonian females is the father's full name and did not change even when married, and while it's not the most progressive or anything, it was still a neat way to differentiate Krypton customs from Earth's. And I know that you've thought about things like this because I distinctly remember you answering in an Ask about why you guys changed Hawkwoman's name to Shayera Thal and not Shayera Hol since she was married to Katar Hol, with you answering that Earth customs are not the same as Thanagarian customs. Given that, it just makes it all the more perplexing why you guys chose to backpedal the progress that was already comics-canon and make it less so.
Have you ever watched the cartoon series, "Justice League Action"? In episode 48 of that series titled "Barehanded," it seems that an amnesiac Aya exists in that universe as Space Cabbie's GPS. At the end of that episode she realizes that universe's Green Lantern is somehow familiar to her and leaves to search for "someone" (presumably Razer). Would this episode somehow potentially affect Earth-16's Razer's continuing storyline in a future season of Young Justice?
hey this isn't really a question just like,,,,, man EVERYTHING in season 4 has been pretty top-tier in every way (i keep changing my mind abt which arc is my favorite so far...it used to be Artemis's but now maybe rocket's????) but i feel like the fight scenes ESPECIALLY are remarkable this season--I'm thinking about that in-the-dark fight in artemis's arc, the final battle in raquel's arc, and the fight in the tower in the first ep of dick's arc which came out today. they were all so dynamic and exciting. huge props to you guys (especially the storyboarders, i guess? don't know a ton about animation). y'all just keep topping yourselves, it's the best. can't wait for the rest of the season! (and hopefully many more!!!)
Before Superboy revealed that Krypton was destroyed by its red sun, General Dru-Zod had assumed that Krypton's destruction was a result of an invasion by either New Genesis, the Daxamites, or the Green Lantern Corps. For each of those three, why did Zod thought they would invade Krypton?
If you eventually reveal the Earth-16 version of Mon-El, would he be depicted as...
A. A present-day Daxamite named Lar Gand? This is assuming he is based on the Pre-Zero Hour version.
B. A 31st century descendant of the House of El named Mon-El; a human/Kryptonian hybrid born on New Krypton (also known as Jekuul; a planet residing in Sector 2811)? This is assuming he is based on the post-Rebirth version.
If it is the latter, refer to this link for the list of his relatives; which shows he is a descendant of the House of El AND the House of Zod.
I hope this was helpful.
Two quick questions:
1. You've mentioned in the past that Zatara is aging quicker because wearing the Helmet of Fate took a toll on him. Yet on the flip side, Kent Nelson seemed remarkably well preserved at 106 years old. I know he only wore the helmet for ~5 years (versus 10 for Zatara), but is there an in-story reason? Or just lucky genetics for Kent?
2. Jay Garrick's powers seem to slow his aging. Chronologically he celebrates his 102nd birthday in Season 4, but about how old is he biologically?
In "Rescue and Search," Ursa made an indirect mentioning of Zor-El's daughter, Kara Zor-El. Now, I am hoping above all hope that this mentioning is not some mere coincidence, and that that this means that Supergirl will eventually make her Earth-16 debut.
If this ends up being true, I will like to admit to you that the one of the things that I personally hope you will explore with your version of Supergirl is her relationship with her "cousin" Superboy. When the Kara Zor-El version of Supergirl first appeared in the comics, one of my FAVORITE moments was when she had her first encounter with Superboy in Smallville. At the time when this encounter took place, Superboy was in a pretty bad place and wanted Supergirl to leave him alone. It resulted in a short fight in which Supergirl was forced to punch Superboy in the face and temporarily broke his jaw on accident. Supergirl then fixed it shortly afterwards; allowing Superboy to calm down and resolving the misunderstanding between them. However, before the two have a chance to start over, some of the Teen Titans attack Supergirl due to misinterpreting the situation. When Supergirl tries to leave, Superboy immediately came to her defense; stating that his fellow Titans should leave and that his "cousin" didn't have to leave. The jaw-breaking incident was later referenced during the crossover event, "Superman: Last Stand on New Krypton," during which there was a moment in which Supergirl misinterpreted a situation when she sees what appears to be Superboy holding her mother (Alura In-Ze) by the throat and preparing to punch her, and Kara punches him away despite him trying to tell Kara that the situation was NOT what it seem to look like. Fortunately, Superboy managed to save Kara and her mother from being killed by Brainiac's robots not long after, and soon after, Superboy remarked that Kara still had a mean right hook; even though Kara mentioned that she pulled her punch a little; making it nice callback to their first encounter.
I'm hoping that the Earth-16 version of the "cousin" relationship between Superboy and Supergirl will be similar to that seen in the pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth). I do NOT like the post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (Prime Earth) interpretation of the first encounter between Superboy and Supergirl because the latter was hostile to the former upon learning he was a clone and, because there was a bad history on Krypton involving clones, she called him "Kon-El" because in The New 52, the name meant "abomination of the House of El."
I have 5 questions to ask.
1) During the events of the episode "Rescue and Search" why didn't Nightwing and Zatanna tell Megan Morse/Miss Martian that Conner is still alive, but is trapped in a Dimension called the Phantom Zone and about how they plan on rescuing him?
2) How come Nightwing, Zatanna, and the others didn't try calling any of the available members of the Team and/or Outsiders for help in their quest to save Conner?
3) Who is currently Nabu's host during the events of "Rescue and Search"?
4) How come Nightwing and Tigress never thought of asking Hawkman and Hawkwoman for some kind of Nth Metal weapons? You know since it's capable of harming magical beings.
5) If Laâgaan knew that Conner is still alive would he be happy and use his chance to make amends with him?
I have 5 questions to ask.
1) During the events of the episode "Rescue and Search" why didn't Nightwing and Zatanna tell Megan Morse/Miss Martian that Conner is still alive, but is trapped in a Dimension called the Phantom Zone and about how they plan on rescuing him?
2) How come Nightwing, Zatanna, and the others didn't try calling any of the available members of the Team and/or Outsiders for help in their quest to save Conner?
3) Who is currently Nabu's host during the events of "Rescue and Search"?
4) How come Nightwing and Tigress never thought of asking Hawkman and Hawkwoman for some kind of Nth Metal? You know since it's capable of harming magical beings.
5) If Laâgaan knew that Conner is still alive would he be happy and use his chance to make amends with him?
Does Nightwing have some kind of Winged Jetpack (Example: Something similar to the EXO-7 Falcon) and uses it only on occasion not repeatedly? Because it would be pretty cool if he did have his own Winged Jetpack.
I thought of asking this after remembering and rewatching an episode of The Batman (2004-08) called "The Big Heat" in which Batman used some kind of Batwinged Jetpack to fight against Firefly.
1-could Martians density shift without changing their volume?
And if altering density is not possible without changing volume then how Martians turn intangible without increasing volume?
2-about the creature both Chameleon Boy and m'comm used, how does Shape shifting into that creature help them? They can't change masss so shape shifting into a bigger creature only causes density decrease which is not useful in a fight that super strength is required.
Hello, Me again! I am back with a few questions about the newest episode "Rescue and Search!"
1) The Creature that both Chameleon Boy and Ma'alefa'ak turned into, I'm going to take a wild guess that it's a type of Alien Animal, right?
2) If so what would this Animals name be?
3) Is it indigenous to Mars?
4) Would Beast Boy Shapeshift into that creature?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How old is Soranik Natu and how long has she been a Green lantern? 2. Is Zatanna a Gotham Knights (baseball team) fan and has she ever worn a baseball cap to any of there games? 3. Are there any baseball teams Artemis is a fan of ?
Does every chaos lord wear a suit when they take on a mortal form?
Did Cyborg move out of the Premiere Building? If so, does he now live on the Watchtower, since he joined the Justice League? (I'm only asking cause in your reply to who's living at the Premiere Building by season 4, he wasn't mentioned)
Do you have any plan to make Nightwing's escrima stick electrified? In the comic and game, it looks cool and great when he use it to battle. Hope we can see the YJ version of it :)
Alright, just got done watching Catwoman: Hunted, fun movie, I was really excited when Cheshire showed up and had so much in common with her Young Justice version.
Anyway, my question is, when does the series of events depicted in this movie (Or the version of this series of events) take place on Earth-16?
My Previous Question: In "Odnu!" we see the Earth-16 debut of the Phantom Stranger. Now, despite the ethnicity change (from Caucasian to African-American), is his real name identified as Judas Iscariot; like his New 52 counterpart (as indicated in "Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger: Futures End #1")?
Your Response to My Question: I haven't read that - or any Pre-Rebirth New 52 comics. (That's not a comment on their quality. I just wasn't reading comics during that era and didn't hop back on again until Rebirth.) So if PS is JI, it's news to me. Not saying no. Just haven't thought about it at all to see if it fits with what I do know about the Earth-16 version of PS.
My Response to Your Response: The reason I had suspected that the Earth-16 version of the Phantom Stranger was likely based on the post-Flashpoint (Prime Earth) version of the character from the comics is because he is clearly branded with the 30 silver pieces on his attire; the pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) version of the character does NOT have them. In post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity, his origin was revealed in "Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger" Issue #0, but at the time, his identity as Judas Iscariot was implied, but NOT confirmed. His true identity as Judas Iscariot was officially confirmed during his narration in "Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger: Futures End" Issue #1. At some point in his long life, he went by the name of Phillip Stark and had a wife (Elena Stark), a daughter (Allie Stark), and a son (Tim Stark); but unfortunately they are all deceased. It is also implied in "Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger: Futures End" Issue #1 by Elena Stark that she and the Phantom Stranger have known each other for countless lifetimes LONG BEFORE she was Elena, although what that means is unclear and was never answered in the comics.
Was this helpful to you, or do you think that you might have to do some research on the pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) and post-Flashpoint versions of the Phantom Stranger in order to create a new history for the Earth-16 version of the character?
I just want to confirm something. After Conner "died" at the start of season 4, everyone assumes he went to live on the Kent farm. I just figured he was visiting cause it's seems tradition that all the Kents and pets included go to visit. In short did Wolf really move in with Jonathan and Martha Kent after Conner died or was he just visiting?
This may surprise you, but I have question about how time travel works
First let me preface this by saying that I agree with your preferred method of doing time travel as closed loops. Nothing changes the past because it was part of the past. Avalon Part 2 has always been a favorite episode of mine because I always loved how cleanly you explained the two Archmages working in a loop together. But I also understand that DC comics as a whole doesn't work the same way. Some of DC's most iconic stories revolve around time travel, so we have to get messy and roll with it.
1. When Mantis (who is now the MVP of S4) set the Time Sphere back one day to get the Phantom Projector, he created a closed loop of time travel. He didn't alter the past in anyway that prevents his future self from doing the same thing when he arrives later. Basically, Zod's team can't find the PZ projector because it's already been taken into the past by Mantis. So closed loops are possible on Earth-16, but they aren't necessarily guaranteed and require some skill to pull off?
2. Now we get messy. In 2020, Child kills Teekl and de-corporealizes Klarion. Klarion then travels back to 2010 and hijacks the school bus. He then bounces around time for a while until he arrives back in 2020. After Child's defeat, the bus is sent back. So, this would also be a closed loop? The problem here though is that the timeline was altered several times after Team Year Zero. E.g Bart arrives in 2015 and alters history by preventing the Reach Apocalypse and so does Lor-Zod. But this means events would play out differently than the original timelines. Which means Child may not have killed Klarion in Bart's timeline. Not to mention someone else could alter history again and maybe prevent Klarion's death from ever happening in 2020. Yet from what we see, the school bus thing was always Klarion. I guess I want to understand how this could a closed loop of time travel like in Gargoyles, when history is also subject to change in Young Justice?
3. I like the Chronotron radiation rule. Basically, if someone is dosed in this radiation, they are immune, or in future Neutronâs case, semi-immune to changes in the timeline. So this may be a spoiler question since it involves a hypothetical scenario, but it is based off what weâve seen already. Let's say someone time travels back to Team Year Zero and mucks up history, resulting in a new timeline. What would happen to Bart, Lod-Zod, the Legionnaires and I guess Mantis and M'comm, who have all been exposed to Chronotron radiation? If it makes them immune to changes in timelines, then it stands to reason they would be unaffected if someone else alters history even further back. We know that Bart's timeline is gone, but so far, he has stuck around, and the Legionnaires survived Lor-Zod's changes because of the radiation. So, does the radiation make you time-proof forever or do you just need to be in proximity to this radiation and have a strong enough dosage when the timeline is about to be alerted?
4. When speaking to the Legionaries, Superman asked why they don't use their time sphere to go back and try to save Superboy. I get that Superman may not know the rules of how it works, but this brings me to another hypothetical scenario. Let's say, after Lor-Zod's first failed attempt to kill Superboy at the UN, he decides to just go back in time earlier and try again rather than wait for another chance. So, if he went back, like say a week, knowing where Superboy was and killing him, that would change history. So, what would happen to the Lor-Zod who would show up the UN a week later? Since Past-Lor-Zod has Chronotron radiation, he is immune to changes in history. Would that include ones made by his own future self, going further back into the past? Similarly, let's say the Legionnaires did go back to save Superboy on Mars, they would run into their past selves, who like them are immune to changes in history due to Chronotron radiation. So, would the duplicates stick around or be erased from the timeline?
5. I'm a bit confused by Chameleon Boy expecting there to be changes after talking to Superman. He initially thinks they failed to reset the timeline, but then Saturn Girl brings up their exposure to Chronotron radiation making them immune to changes. I mean Bart resetting the timeline didn't make him disappear or send him back to his future so why was Chameleon Boy expecting something to happen? Am I missing something in this exchange or was it just a case of Chameleon Boy being optimistic?
When Wally appeared to Conner in the Phantom Zone, he looked like a phantom as well. Was this an animation error?
Just so I can understand, Vandar Adg is Vandal Savage's real name in the comics, but this is NOT true in the Earth-16 universe, correct? As such, what is his real name in the Earth-16 universe?
Has Flash met Guy before? Is that why he was so supportive of him in Agendas? (That double "no" was hilarious, by the way)
I know you don't like to reveal designations here, but since we know the time some members (Batwoman, Hardware, Fire, Ice, Katana, Elongated Man, Blue Devil, & Magog) joined the League and we can assume they belong to Designations 28-35, would you mind saying who has which? If not, I understand. Thanks.
Don't you think it's the silliest idea ever to call Captain Marvel "Shazam" ? The guy can't even introduce himself ! He can't say his own name without transforming ! There was one name in the entire universe that he couldn't have and precisely he got it !
Illogical and stupid, right ?
Sorry, Mr. Weisman -- I should correct myself know and say that the more recent response from you that I just alluded to was on May 9th, 2022! So EIGHT years passed between you answering those two questions! Still, I hope you may remember.
In a response dated Sept 16th, 2014, you said that you had an in-universe explanation for Troia and Mary being absent from the bridal shower in "Satisfaction".
Your response was: "Yes. (Both excuses are a bit feeble, to be honest.) But I can't reveal why each didn't attend without revealing SPOILERS about their stories, so..."
When I asked you just recently if you could reveal the in-universe explanation for Mary's absence, you responded on May 9th, 2021, with "Maybe. If I had one."
I'm sure you've just forgotten the reason for absence, since it's been 7 years since these two questions were read by you! A lot of time has passed. Nevertheless, since you once knew the answer to the question of why she was absent in-universe, is this something you could find out or remind yourself of? Maybe you have notes somewhere, or it's on the timeline, or it's a discussion that you have had with Brandon Vietti? I just thought I'd bring up that you did know the answer to this once, and I'm trying to jog your memory.
1 Was there any noticible reaction from the league of shadows when al ghul left and was replaced by deathstroke?
2 how do the other league of Shadow members beside deathstroke abd lady Shiva view their partnership with the light?
1 This isnât a criticism, but Why did you decide to make lor-zod black?
2 Did tomar re know the zods before they were imprisoned?
1) If a lord a chaos like Klarion can instinctively know that Superboy is in the phantom zone and go INTO the phantom zone to try to reach him, why can't a lord of order like Dr Fate do the same and be aware that Conner is alive ?
2) Same question for Phantom Stranger, who is almost omniscient and can enter nearly everywhere, including Fate's helmet.
3) If G lantern Forager went to die, would her ring's aura tell to the next GL the oath "forager's way" ? Like 'speak after me : beware Forager's power..." and the poor guy is gonna say a wrong oath because Forager can't speak at the first person ^^
Not sure you see what I mean here but I find it to be a funny situation.
4) It appears Lor-Zod doesn't know the name Savage. Does that mean that Vandal failed in conquering the galaxy in the future ?
5) Just saying, after seeing Rocket's arc, it's criminal that the show isn't renewed already. This is a masterpiece, and I think I can tell you guys have done the best superhero show ever with the Bruce Timm's Justice League. You've taken over what I thought could never be equaled.
Thank you for your amazing work, hope you'll be able to do season 5. To think you couldn't because no one renewed it...
Why did Fox and/or Xanatos invite Dr. Sato to the Halloween party? That would not have been by accident.
In Young Justice, how did Lex Luthor react to Superboy's death? Does he really consider Superboy his son, or does he just call him "son" to irritate him?
When and why did Billy (in universe) start going by Shazam instead of Captain Marvel?
In Young Justice, where is Cyborg's mother? What happened to her?
Are there any characters in the Earth-16 universe who are aware of the multiverse/multi-multiverse/omniverse?
In regards to the children of M'aatt M'orzz and J'ann M'orzz, what is the chronological order from oldest to youngest child?
1. When Beast Boy is in animal form and somehow becomes unconscious, like passing out through inhaling gas or through a big hit on the head, would Garfield stay in the current animal form until he wakes up, or would he unconsciously change to another form?
2. If he unconsciously changes while he is unconscious, would he change to his preferred form (his human-monkey form in season 2, his human form in season 3-4) or his human form?
I got a question about making the green lantern TAS canon adjacent to young justice.
In the past, you and Brandon consiousoh avoided to be compared to other DC cartoons. Hence the reason you said you avoided casting people that had played the same roles before. Say you wouldnât have casted Kevin Conroy as Batman.
You guys even had Beast Boysâs voice actor be the same as Teen Titans only because your original choice was not available anymore.
Soâ¦what made you change your mind and add a whole entire continuity, that being Green lancer TAS and make it canon adjacent to young justice?
How old was Orphan when she was sent to kill Joker?
Who do you think is more villainous?
1.What is up with the one shot in scene Cheshire fights Red arrow and spinkicks him and flips back? because wow it really got on tv lol. Also People keep asking are they ever going to do a shot or scene like that again
2.its cool the animation is mostly the same as s1 and even oh teen Titans was that intentional or just it looks cool. Also how many seasons do you think will happen? Sorry for the long question
If the relationship between Beast Boy and Perdita somehow ends up being confirmed as officially over (whether by the end of Season 4 or the "Young Justice: Targets" comics) even if Beast Boy's mental health improves, does that mean that Terra will end up becoming Beast Boy's new love interest?
Just some questions regarding the kryotonian prisioners.
1.-Metron was worried they could endanger the galaxy, and Darkseid seemed to agree as he offered Lor-Zid same "winner takes all" deal he offered to Savage
But isn't that an overeaction? Sure thet would all have the powers of Superman and that makes them formidable. But your version of Superman is explicitly made much less powerful than most interpretations.
Simply put it seems like they would have zero chance agains the magic characters like Dr fate from the league, or Klarion as they are all vulnerable to magic, let alone the full justice league.
Dr fate alone could just use a portal and take them to space they couldnt breathe, like space.
Icon, Superman, and Savage could also match some of them and so on
And potentially the villains ,like Black adam or the light wouldn't be to kin on being ruled by them.
Child seems to be the bigger threat desoie her only being the mid season villain.
2.- I know power varies wildly between individuals. But, judging by the fight between Orion and Lor-Zod, is it safe to assume that new gods, and powered krypotnians are in the same ballpark regarding strenght and durability?
3.- If not, which race is stronger and more durable on average?
Is the following quote from the comics also true in the Earth-16 universe in regards to the death of the Old Gods and the rise of the New Gods?
"There came a time when the Old Gods died! The brave died with the cunning! The noble perished, locked in battle with the unleashed evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust! The final moment came with the fatal release of the indescribable power â" which tore the home of the Old Gods asunder â" split it in great halves â" and filled the universe with the blinding death-flash of its destruction! In the end there were two giant molten bodies, spinning slow and barren â" clean of all that had gone before â" adrift in the fading sounds of cosmic thunder... Silence closed upon what had happened â" a long, deep silence â" wrapped in massive darkness... it was this way for an age... THENâ"THERE WAS NEW LIGHT!"
In the universe of HBOâs Veep, the history of the US presidency diverges from ours after the Reagan administration. Have you mapped out and can you share when the history of Earth-16âs UN Secretaries-General diverges from ours? Were there any fictional Secretaries-General before Tseng Dangun, Lex Luthor and Troia?
1) The alliance between the Justice League, Green Lanterns, and New Genesis... was that what Klarion referred to as the "opposition's new arrangements"?
2) What are the terms of the treaty? I'm guessing that New Genesis will still not directly fight Apokolips because of their PACT with Darkseid?
Yo, Greg, how about we do another AMA on my Sub? I mean, shiiiiit, all I've been getting lately is posts from people complaining about how the show sucks because its woke shit, and I'm tired!! That's not the attention I was hoping for when I let in my house! I thought the Sub would get like 50x subscribers, but booking you wasn't as impressive as I thought it would. Quite UNDERWHELMING, really. My followers also didn't celebrate me as hard or for as long as I imagined neither..... Being this the last season of the show, my precious Sub will dry up more than AH's snatch (lol).
Come on, homie, throw me a bone here. Also, would you consider joining my awesome Discord channel?? Between our attention seeking virgins and mentally disabled retards, your dick would be sore from so much sucking lol. I promise I'll ban anyone who doesn't bend over!
a few questions then a thank you.
1) I read that Batman became Batman at the age of 21. Crazy young compared to other iterations of the character. What did his training look like before he became Batman? And was any of that training by Alfred?
2) How do you rate the combat prowess of Earth-16's Batman?
3) I absolutely loved your Nightwing & Roy vs Brick fight in S3. I always love seeing trained humans fighting metahumans.
How strong a metahuman can a well-trained human with standard vigilante gear defeat without relying on insta-win gadgets like red sun batons or kryptonite rings?
4)Would Nightwing have beaten Tommy Terror in a 1v1 if he wasn't focused on getting those kids out?
I want to start off by saying thank you. Thank you for bringing attention to minority groups that never get attention in mainstream media.
Not just having a cameo of the week to "celebrate our differences", but actually making these people main characters.
As a kid the only faces of heroes I've seen were white. Guys who looked like me were often racist caricatures with thick accents like Leslie Chow or emasculated nerdy losers.
Even the "heroes" like Jackie Chan or Jet Li were considered others, not a real American. For the longest time, I didn't think of being an Asian-American male as something to be proud of.
Even though I was born and raised in the states, it was pretty clear that there were many who considered me a perpetual foreigner.
And I know I'm not the only ethnicity that's experienced this. A lot of us are "Outsiders" if you will.
It really means a lot to know that it's not just white faces that get to be heroes.
So thank you for bringing non-traditional faces to the screen.
How many Teekls has Klarion been through?
Why did Nightwing at the beginning of Season 3 not want anyone to know that he was talking to Oracle?
At what point did other members of the Team (like Artemis as seen in Season 4) start talking to her?
I'm sorry in advance.
I was looking through the archives for gargoyle heights and came across some questions pertaining to human/gargoyle err, intimacy issues with incompatible equipment, which led to this.
If say, Goliath and Elisa received a magical talisman or something that allowed the wearer to match their partner's form (Goliath becomes a human or Elisa becomes a gargoyle) and it's all systems go. The lights are dimmed. The Berry White is playing. Even considering they will have nigh-endless encounters of a similar nature in the future, who changes their form FIRST? And do they volunteer or have to be talked into it?
The little glowing green eye that Lor-Zod seemed to recognize and then grabbed is the Emerald Eye of Ekron, correct? I could've sworn that it was a lot bigger in the comics...
In the latest arc of Young Justice, there is a subplot about Rocket learning to understand her son's autism through her interactions with Orion. I personally was very disappointed with the way that this arc resolved, and it just seemed to fall into the basic "overcoming narrative" tropes that have been so harmful to the disabled community (especially autistic folk) in the past. The arc also largely focused on everyone else's perceptions of the neurodiverse characters without giving much voice to Orion or Amistad to talk about their own experiences.
I'm wondering if you had anyone who was autistic or at least a disabilities activist working on/reviewing these episodes? If not, would you consider hiring someone to work on future stories that touch on these subjects?
In the Earth-16 universe, what was Ursa's original Kryptonian surname before she became the life-mate of Zod?
Just so I can understand correctly, Dru-Zod and the rest of the Phantom Zone prisoners are from the present time, and they wouldn't know who the future Lor-Zod is even though Ursa would still be (presumably) one month pregnant with him right now. As such, should we assume that the future Lor-Zod will end up getting killed by his own father (presumably as a result of some kind of misunderstanding) and the present Lor-Zod will grow up to be a good guy instead...?
Dear Mr Wiesman 1. Did you plan For Pf ( My nickname for Female Forager aka Purple Forager to avoid confusion) to become a Green Lantern from the start or did the idea come up later? 2. How long has Isis (the heroine not the Deity) known Zatanna, Madame Xanadu Zatara and the rest of there friends? 3 How did Joker find out from Poison Ivy that He and the rest of the injustice league where being used as Puppets ? 4 Did Tomar Re ever blame himself for what happened to krypton and the El Brothers?
George Eads voiced Flash in everything minus the finale and since Outsiders it has become clear James Arnold Taylor would now be his main VA.
Ariel Winter voiced Perdita in her first episode and the DC Showcase: Green Arrow short u wrote but is now recasted to Hynden Walch. I wanted to ask why these permanet recasts happened?
1 Orm recieved training under wotan in sorcery. How well did orm do in his magic training in wotanâs opinion?
2 did orm recieve training from just wotan or did the light also hire a few other sorcerers to help orm with his training?
1. Is Vandal Savage the paternal or maternal grandfather of Arion?
2. What is the exact year that Vandal Savage (as Temujin/Genghis Khan) first encountered Darkseid?
Is "Mantis" a job/role in the hive, or is it a proper name? If it is the latter, why is that Mantis is the only bug with a name?
The Earth-16 version of Superboy does not have access to all of Superman's powers apparently because of his half-human, half-Kryptonian DNA. However, if Superboy ends up in a position where he is in a critical condition that requires him to get a blood transfusion from Superman, would he be able to gain access to all of Superman's powers as a result? The reason I am asking this question is because I am aware that red shields only provided a temporary solution in Season 1, but caused him to be more aggressive with each use. As such, I have been wondering if there was a possible solution that is permanent but does not cause him to become aggressive?
If Young Justice gets a fifth season, will we see any elements (costumes, storylines, etc.) incorporated from Infinite Frontier, Future State, Milestone Returns, and perhaps even The Wild Storm?
Is there a chance that Kyle rayner is the 4th green lantern mentioned by Orin in the Atlantis arc?( great job this season by the way itâs been amazing)
1 The lord of chaos and order are aware of darkseid. Is darkseid aware of the lord of order and chaos?
2 If he is aware what does he think of these elemental entities. Does he consider them a threat?
Is the Mobius Dimension the same dimension Metron took Halo and Cyborg to back in "Overwhelmed"?
Which individuals in the Kent family tree (as seen in the link provided below) also exist in the Earth-16 universe?
If Lian Nguyen-Harper somehow manages to survive past the age of five (which was when she tragically died in pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity in 2009), will she eventually become the Red Hood (like her Earth-22 counterpart; an archer like her father, Red Arrow), or will she become the Cheshire Cat (like her Prime Earth counterpart; since she is revealed to be alive in the Infinite Frontier era)?
In the World of Catwoman: Hunted
1. What year did La Dama begin her criminal career?
2. What year was Doctor Tzin born?
3. What year did Doctor Tzin begin his criminal career?
That's all from me; sorry if this was total torture. Love YJ and love your writing. I look forward to whatever's next!
In the World of Catwoman: Hunted
1. What year did Boss Moxie begin his criminal career?
2. What year was Barbara Minerva born?
3. What year did Barbara Minerva begin her criminal career?
4. What year was Mr. Yakuza born?
5. What year was La Dama born?
In the World of Catwoman: Hunted
1. What year did Tobias Whale begin his criminal career?
2. What year was Morax born?
3. What year was Nosferata born?
4. What year did Nosferata begin her criminal career?
5. What year was Boss Moxie born?
In the World of Catwoman: Hunted
1. What year was Solomon Grundy born?
2. What year did Solomon Grundy begin his criminal career?
3. What year was Abaddon born?
4. What year was Julia Pennyworth born?
5. What year was Tobias Whale born?
In the World of Catwoman: Hunted
1. What year does the film take place?
2. What year was Catwoman born?
3. What year did Catwoman begin her costumed career?
4. What year was Black Mask born?
5. What year did Black Mask begin his costumed career?
If 'How old' is more applicable than 'What year' here, would you be willing to answer that instead with this set of questions?
Hi Greg !
I've pretty surprised to hear in YJ the pronoun "they" to describe someone instead of him or her. I mean, why you, especially you, a writer, would you support the destruction of the language ?
Or maybe you think this is an actual progress, and in that case, I'm deeply worried about what you're gonna do next.
This could be the perfect show, if it wasn't for this silly woke ideology who comes and ruins everything, like a virus spreading inside a healthy body.
All right, maybe not the best metaphor here, but you got the point.
Just... WHY did you have to turn woke ? I find this to be an abomination and that has ruined a part of the show for me.
I mean, sure, you can be inclusive for those communities, but why this much ? It's like it's you're number one priority, and it's scary. We don't have a single episode with some woke allusions, and I'm really tired of it at this point.
I know that you moderators will be eager to delete this, so here's a message for you :
Before you do that, consider that this question, as unpleasant or offending (not my intend, really) as it might be, represents a lot of people who don't talk about this, but who nonetheless think the same way.
I think constructive criticism must be allowed, even if you find it personally unpleasant.
People have the right to be against woke ideology, as much as those who are supporting it.
If we hear only from one point of view, that's not fair, right ?
I'd just like to hear Greg's thoughts about that. That's an important subject that I think should not be putted aside, even if it's from the opposite opinion.
1. I just started watching the show and I am enjoying it quite a lot, so I know it's been a long time since you wrote the episode Denial but in this episode there is a line "Oh, no. Not me. I'm just an old coot/coat Fate used to put on." when I watched this on Netflix the subtitles said coat and I really like this line but on IMDb in the quotes section it says coot. I know it seems like a trivial question but if possible do check and let me know if you remember what you wrote granted it was 10 long years.
2. Also my friend who is caught up with the show told me to watch GLTAS since it's a somewhat shared world(not quite sure what he meant by this,said the same thing for Green Arrow Showcase the same shared world thing about that too and to watch it after s1 ep 20. and Catwoman Hunted after season 3) and said I can just watch it along with season 2 of young justice alternating between the two shows Or after season 2 and before season 3. What order would you recommend for watching GLTAS.
So about the quotation "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." You said "The quotation IS in I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, but I didn't realize that it didn't originate there" so what chapter in I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou is this quote on I couldn't find it, do you happen to have a citation for this or the page number cause I can't find it.
Why did Garfield not love Perdita no more by the time of episode one of young justice phantoms?
1. What year was Lor-Zod born?
2. What year did Lor-Zod first travel back in time?
3. What year did Phantom Girl become a member of the Legion of Superheroes?
4. What year did Saturn Girl become a member of the Legion of Superheroes?
1. What year was Abra Kadabra born?
2. What year did Brainiac 5 join the Legion of Superheroes?
3. What year did Chameleon Boy join the Legion of Superheroes?
4. What year was Lightning Lad born?
5. What year did Lightning Lad join the Legion of Superheroes?
1. What year was Moonrider born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Orion born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year was Overlord created?
4. What year was Serifan born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Sphere created?
1. What year was Kalibak born?
2. What year was Kreetin born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year was Lashina born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Lightray born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Metron born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
1. What year was Granny Goodness born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Grayven born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year was Highfather born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Highmother born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
6. What year was Jovita born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
1. What year was Desaad born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Dreamer born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year was Gilotina born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was G. Gordon Godfrey born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Granny Goodnessâs Gretchen Goode doppelganger created? Did she begin operation as the head of Goode World Studios around the same time?
Have a good day Mr. Weisman.
Firstly I would like to say that I love your work and fingers crossed for continuing with Young Justice, Gargoyles or any project you wish to work on. The second thing is that English is not my native language and I am sorry for mistakes.
I gather so many questions over the years and I hope I am not asking for spoilers because the "No spoilers" was one of many things what sell your shows to me.
1. Are there any male New Genesphers or bioships?
2. In episode "Failsafe" we can see Alfred, Barbara and Betty together. Was it something (teoreticly) Dick ask him to do?
(I overthought this one too many times)
3. What do you think, is Violet trixic, toric or bisexual (umbrela term)?
(Well, I do not think they were thinking about this)
Thank you for your time, representation, amazing shows, my hobby (drawing but that is credit for Phil Bourassa) and my favorite number (16!).
Please, exuse me for mistakes or if any of these questions was asked before, I did not find it.
1. You have made it clear that your answers on this site are not officially canon and sometimes used the term "canon-in-training" to describe them. You have also recently revealed that some non-YJ projects are "canon-adjacent" to Earth-16. In cases where canon-adjacent lore and canon-in-training lore do not match up, what is the hierarchy here? I understand these situations will likely be decided on a case-by-case basis, but generally which should we defer to?
2. More specifically, some Green Lantern lore from the now canon-adjacent GL:TAS contradicts answers you've given here over the years. For example, you've said that on Earth-16 two GLs are appointed to each Space Sector and you've talked about Guy Gardner being in a coma when John Stewart debuted as a hero. I presume these answers (from 2012 and 2013) were given long before it was decided to import some continuity from GL:TAS. Therefore I would like to ask if these notions (or any others you'd like to share) about Earth-16's Green Lantern history and lore have at all changed, now that you've crossed over with that other series?
#1. Does the Earth-16 universe has its own version of the Antimatter Universe (aka. Sector -1; which is the only known space sector with a negative number designation)? Also, does Qward (the home planet of the Sinestro Corps) exist in the Earth-16 version of Antimatter Universe?
#2. Was Hal Jordan's Green Lantern predecessor Abin Sur; an alien from the planet Ungara (which is located in Sector 2814)? Also, in comparison to the comics, how much of the Earth-16 version of their encounter is the same/different?
#3. Was Hal Jordan's Green Lantern mentor Thaal Sinestro; an alien from the planet Korugar (which is located in Sector 1417)? Also, in comparison to the comics, how much of the Earth-16 version of the history between Hal Jordan and Sinestro is the same/different?
#4. Who was John Stewart's Green Lantern predecessor before he obtained the Green Lantern power ring?
#5. Who was Guy Gardner's Green Lantern predecessor before he obtained the Green Lantern power ring?
1. What year was AntinoÃµs born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Big Barda born?
3. What year was Bear born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Celestia born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Darkseid born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
1. What year was All-Widow born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Larva (blue) born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year was Larva (red) born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Mountain Forager (red) born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Mountain Forager (purple) born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
1. What year was Sardath born?
2. What year was Scientist born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year did K'rii St'ferr become a Y'ellonn Martian Priest?
4. What year was Sykara born?
5. What year did Sykara become Queen of M'arzz?
1. What year did Mongul take over the Warworld?
2. What year was Orb-One created?
3. What year did Razer become a member of the Red Lantern Corps?
4. What year was the Starro creature Klarion teleported to Babylon born?
5. What year did Tomar-Re become a Green Lantern?
1. What year was Kylstar born?
2. What year was L-Ron created?
3. What year was Lobo born?
4. What year was Lok-Ron created?
5. What year was Mongul born?
Hi Greg! How are you doing? I hope you're well.
By the time that you read this, Phantoms will have concluded, and hopefully we (the viewers) will all know what has really happened to Conner (i.e. how precisely he got into the Phantom Zone), as well as how he will get out (if he gets out... I mean, I imagine that he will, but as his circumstances are still somewhat mysterious, I do not want to assume anything).
At the time of my writing/typing, 420 has been released, so there are six episodes left. People are assuming that Phantom Girl managed to transport herself and Conner into the Phantom Zone, which certainly SEEMS like a safe assumption.
However, there remains the matter of the ash in the shape of Conner's body on the cave wall. I have brought this up online and have observed that the ash being in that shape would seem to suggest that Conner's BODY was indeed destroyed in the explosion. However, I have faced ridicule from some corners of the fanbase (only a handful of people, it seems, at least) who have insisted that the ash proves that Conner's body was NOT destroyed. I am not sure how they reached that conclusion. (I am also not sure why they insulted me when they typed this -- it is a sad sign of the toxicity of some fans they they feel the need to sprinkle their retort with rudeness and insults.)
This leads to wonder if you could clarify, please, whether the ash in the shape of Conner's body was intended to suggest that he was dead. This is certainly what I took from how M'gann and Garfield reacted at the end of "Involuntary" (M'gann facial expression and Gar's words), so I would like to think that the YJ crew did indeed want the viewers to see the ash as an indicator of Conner's likely demise. Could you clarify, please? I have a feeling that you will confirm that the ash was meant to suggest this (whether or not it was a red herring at the time) and so I look forward to your answer.
It really feels like my understanding of what happened with the ash on the cave wall is SO different to what others have perceived, so by asking you, I hope to bridge the gap in my understanding if possible... or at least highlighted what was intended to be conveyed in this scene.
In episode 4x12 Zatara flashes back to the day Superman defeated Mechanical Monsters, a clear reference to the Fleischer Superman films. Is that series, or at least The Mechanical Monsters instalment, canon-adjacent to Earth-16?
Do Karen and Mal live in Happy Harbor or Ivy Town?
Did they tell their friends about their daughter?
If Joker's bomb threat on the UN took place in 2018, which was when Spoiler joined the Team, does that mean she joined in January? And was she new as Spoiler during that mission?
My question is about M'gann's eye color. The whites of M'gann's eyes turned black when she went to M'arzz, though there are some scenes on M'arzz where the whites of her eyes are, well, white. It initially seemed like her eyes turned white whenever she casted a mental projection or was aboard Bio-ship / Baby, but there are some scenes that do not align with this pattern. Young Justice has always dealt with themes of identity and perception (especially with M'gann), and her eyes are always white when she is on Earth, so I was curious if her decision to switch between her eye colors was motivated by her desire to appear "more human" or "more Martian" based on who she is around? Or am I trying to find a pattern where there isn't one?
It is very rare for vandal savage to be angry, but as shown with kaldur after he ruined the reach summit and after the lords of order killed orm it is possible to piss him off. So what I want to ask is vandal savage capable of holding a grudge?
Did anyone in Atlantis try to contact Dr. Fate to have Nabu verify the identity of Arion? I had originally believed that Savage would have taken specific steps to counter that exact scenario, but seeing that with the Crown of Arion it seems the Lords of Order could instantly tell he was a fraud, and Nabu would know better than anyone that that wasn't his Nephew.
Even if they didn't know about his specific familial relation to Nabu, he could identify the golden magics that are even more ancient than those Atlantis knows of.
1 Is darkseidâs view of grayven better or worse than his view of kalibak?
2 is grayven younger or older than kalibak and orion
3 does grayven view his brother kalibak as a rival?
4 what was grayvenâs opinion on when his father formed an Alliance with genghis Kahn(vandal savage)?
5 Considering grayven is one of darkseidâs lesser known Sons what made you decide to use him in your show?
In light of GL:TAS being canon-adjacent, I would like to ask you a question in regards to the planet Ysmault; home planet of the Red Lantern Corps. In the comics, there are two space sectors that have been identified as to where Ysmault is located; one being Sector 2814 and the other being Sector 666. As such, which Sector is canon for Ysmault's location in the Earth-16 universe; the former, or the latter?
In the Earth-16 universe, is the name of the Reach's home planet called Reachworld; like in the comics?
Are the Appellaxians capable of combining their host bodies together into a golem WITHOUT the help of Apokoliptian technology? If true, did they do this during their battle against the seven founding members of the Justice League as a last-ditch attempt to defeat them once and for all?
In season 1, Dick Grayson told Black Canary during a therapy session that he did NOT want to become Batman. However, even though Batman will NEVER die, Bruce Wayne eventually WILL die at some point, and when that time finally comes, I suspect an Earth-16 version of "Batman: Battle for the Cowl" will likely happen. If true, do you think Dick would have to step up and become Batman, so that the no one else will misuse the cowl and disgrace the name of Batman?
PS. If Dick DOES end up becoming Batman in the Earth-16 universe, I would like to make an important suggestion to you: Dick's version of the Batsuit should be based on the version that is briefly seen in Detective Comics issue #966 (in the panel in which a future version of Tim Drake mentioned that Dick took on the mantle of Batman for a time before eventually moving on); the reason for my suggestion is because its appearance seems good enough to be a Batman/Nightwing hybrid costume.
In the comics, there are two versions of Mongul; the first one is Mongul MDCCXCI (aka. Mongul the 1791st) and the other is his son, Mongul MDCCXCII (aka. Mongul the 1792nd). As such, in the Earth-16 universe, is your version of Mongul the former or the latter?
In the Earth-16 universe, is Appellaxia (home planet of the Appellaxians) located in Sector 2814?
#1. In the Earth-16 universe, is the universe divided into 3600 space sectors?
#2. Does the Reach originate from Sector 2?
#3. Is Krolotea (the homeworld of the Kroloteans) located in Sector 2812?
#4. Is Oa located in Sector 0?
#5. Does the Red Lantern Corps live in Ysmault; located in Sector 2814?
#6. Are Xudar (home of Tomar-Re), Zamaron (home of the Star Sapphires), and Krypton located in Sector 2813?
#7. Does the Blue Lantern Corps live in Odym; located in Sector 2628?
#8. Is Daxam located in Sector 1760?
#9. Are Thanagar and Rann located in Sector 2682?
#10. Is Bolovax Vik located in Sector 674?
#11. Which Sector is Rimbor located?
#12. Which Sectors are New Genesis and Apokolips located?
#13. Which Sector does Mongul come from?
#14. Which Sector does Razer come from?
Just so I can understand this correctly, Wyynde's shame stems from the fact that Ocean-Master was revealed to be Prince Orm in 2012. As such, Wyynde had been dealing with the guilt of being fooled/manipulated by Ocean-Master for 8 years. Am I correct in this interpretation? If not, then what was the actual reason why Wyynde felt so ashamed?
1. What year was Alanna born?
2. Have you pinned down a more exact year for Collector of Worlds' birth than 16,000 BCE? If so, what is it?
3. What year was Despero born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Draaga born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year did Kilowog become a Green Lantern?
1. What year was Non born?
2. What year was Faora Hu-Ul born?
3. What year was Jax-Ur born?
4. What year was Vor-Kil born?
5. What year was Kru-El born?
1. What year was Dru-Zod born?
2. What year did Dru-Zod begin his coup on Krypton?
3. When did Jor-El become Chief Scientist?
4. What year was Ursa Zod born?
5. What year did Zor-El become Chief Examiner?
1. What year did J'arlia J'axx become queen regent of M'arzz?
2. What year did S'turnn J'axx become king of M'arzz?
3. What year was Ma'arrun born?
4. What year did Ma'arrun become king on Mars?
5. What year did S'yraa S'mitt become a Y'ellonn Martian Priestess?
1. What year was the Reach Ambassador born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Black Beetle born?
3. What year was Green Beetleâs Bio-Ship born?
4. What year was Scarab created?
5. What year did Scarab come to Earth?
1. So now that GLTAS is canon adjacent, did you by any chance before doing the episode with Razer do a re-watch of Green Lantern The Animated Series to see what you would add to your timeline of Earth-16 like what events fit and what you can ignore.
2. Like are you aware of the lore building events referred but not show in GLTAS like Atrocious vs orange lantern corps conflict or are you going with the more let's see what the timeline and story needs and if so I will consult GLTAS lore and story accordingly.
3. I just realised this but Hal Jordan doesn't have a VA (aside from his uncredited one line in Agendas) in young justice so can we expect Josh Keaton to reprise his role.
4. Would it be safe to assume that Razer was a one time thing and won't return or can I be hopeful that one day he will.
5. Any chance of seeing Green Loontern on earth-16 or can you not use Looney Tunes characters.
I am of the honest opinion that if the Earth-16 version of Amanda Waller ever shows up again in a future season of Young Justice, she should aim higher/go bigger and she should create her own version of the Justice League that answers directly to the United States government. In terms of what I personally think the team's name should be, it should be called either the Justice League of America (The New 52) OR the Justice Squad (Future State). I do have some ideas as to who should be the members of this group, and I wish to share them with you below:
"Batman" - The logical choice would have to be Bane; considering he has impersonated Batman in The New 52; specifically, during the "Forever Evil" event. I personally liked his version of the Batman costume that he wore during that event. I had also considered Lincoln March to be a secondary choice, but the problem is that there is no indication that the Batman Family has encountered the Court of Owls in the Earth-16 universe.
"Wonder Woman" - The logical choice would have to be Berchta; a very dangerous Amazon who was introduced in issue #6 of "Wonder Woman: Black and Gold." Granted, she has not made any other appearances outside of this issue, but considering her origin story (part of which involves a very personal vendetta against Wonder Woman's mother, Hippolyta), she would be a mighty force to be reckoned with.
"Superman" - This is a somewhat tricky one, but I think this should be the Earth-16 version of Gotham (Henry Clover, Jr.); a character who was introduced in the Batman comics during the DC Rebirth era. It is never revealed as to how he (and his sister) acquired metahuman powers in the comics, but they appear to be akin to Superman's own powers; even though the weakness is that the use of such powers shaves time off his own lifespan, and elevating the potency of his powers causes him to expend a greater amount of his life; thus hastening his death.
"Aquaman" - The logical choice would have to be the Orm clone; with my personal assumption that he would only become a member if he feels lost and he needs some kind of purpose in his life.
"Green Lantern" - The logical choice would have to be the Earth-16 version of Simon Baz. If his origin story is similar to that in the comics, perhaps Waller would blackmail Simon into joining the team.
"The Flash" - The first logical choice would have to be the Earth-16 version of Godspeed (August Heart). Since the Earth-16 version of Barry Allen apparently has no tragic origin story, and therefore likely has no personal nemesis (Reverse-Flash), the logical thing that should happen is to make the Earth-16 version of August Heart be the antithesis of Earth-16's Barry Allen; using a similar history from the comics, but making Earth-16's August Heart become miserable (which should stem from not being able to get justice for the death of his brother, Jorge Heart); whereas Earth-16's Barry Allen has been shown to be happy. If you are not happy with this choice, then the second logical choice should be Meena Dhawan; who has been both a hero speedster (as Fast Track) and a villain speedster (as Negative Flash) in the comics.
"Martian Manhunter" - This is a very considerably tricky one, but I honestly think that this should be an original Earth-16 character who should be described as a White Martian who should also be a direct descendant of the White Martian named Z'kran Z'rann; a character seen in the "Green Lanterns" comics. I also feel that this character should dress and deal with criminals in a near-similar manner to Z'kran Z'rann (from during the time before acquiring a Green Lantern Power Ring); although the character's own attire should be a more "modernized" appearance in comparison to Z'kran Z'rann's own attire.
I need you to please keep in mind that I put a considerable amount of thought into this, and because I honestly feel that this is something that the Earth-16 version of Amanda Waller would likely be able to try to do in a future season of Young Justice. I would not have dared to present this big suggestion to you otherwise if I didn't think it has great potential (and I REALLY think it COULD if you give it a chance). I hope that you will read this thoroughly and take what I have presented to you into some consideration.
Thank you very much for reading, for your patience, and your understanding.
I was browsing through the archives and found this interesting question and response from 2014:
Iâm A Fan writesâ¦
How is creating Star Wars Rebels' story and characters compared to YJ's and Spectacular's, considering those were in alternate continuities rather than part of official canon?
It was very different. But it's impossible to discuss without spoiling. Ask again after the first season airs.
As far as I can tell, nobody ever asked again after the season aired, so I might as well. Do you by any chance remember what you wanted to discuss? Not only have you contributed to the Star Wars canon, but youâve also written stories for the Prime DC Universe and 616 Marvel Universe, even gaming worlds like WoW and MTG. Care to share any particular thoughts, anecdotes, insight, etc, on playing with IP in a large shared universe vs reinventing it for a new continuity?
If Green Lantern: The Animated Series is "canon adjacent," that means that Hal Jordan's love interest, Carol Ferris, would likely have already become a member of the Star Sapphires and have reconnected with Hal Jordan in the Earth-16 universe by now. As such, what has she been doing as a Star Sapphire since 2016/2017?
In the comics, a Blue Lantern ring can't normally fire unless there is a green ring in the vicinity, yet we see Razer punch Metron with a blue construct without a Green Lantern close by.
Were Kilowog & Tomar-re close enough to empower Razer even if they weren't on-screen at the time? Or, do blue-hope rings not have that specific limitation on Earth-16?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Razer:
#1. When was he born?
#2. Is the name of his homeworld Volkreg, and is it located in a sector of space known as the Forgotten Zone (also known as Frontier Space, or Guardian Frontier)?
#3. Was his wife's name Ilana, and was she killed by Atrocitus, the leader of the Red Lantern Corps?
#4. Prior to his introduction in the Earth-16 universe, how long had he been a member of the Red Lantern Corps before he began using the Blue Lantern Ring?
#5. Would you be willing to continue his storyline of his quest to find Aya in future seasons of Young Justice, or will the outcome of his quest remain open for interpretation?
#6. If, by some miracle, his quest to find Aya becomes successful, do you believe they will possibly decide to live together in peace away from any and all conflict in the universe, or do you think they could possibly go on some adventures together?
You're making it worse for those of us who want diversity in superhero media Now the rapid fanboys are blaming the diverse characters for lowering the show's quality when it's really just bad writing Who do you think ends up getting affected by that in real life while you collect your check and Twitter points
You know why you and Brandon ended up misgendering Halo - because making them declare that they're "nonbinary" was such a stupid half baked afterthought that even you guys forgot about it LMAOOOOO this is what happens when you cram as much shallow representation into a show as humanly possible
you took the time to change halos host body's name from gabrielle doe to gabrielle daou but did it not occur to anyone who worked on the show that its incredibly strange for an arab muslim character to have an english christian first name might not seem like a big deal but i think it perfectly displays how small your worldview is because it immediately jumped out as weird to me and all of my friends when we watched and most of my friends who watch are white if you missed something that obvious no wonder the character was so bad
OMG, Gregy you dodged a bullet with that apology, homieeee!! All both of my Tumblr friends were like "oh our gods!! That boomer did NOT just misgender our they/them-bitch Halo!!! Hoe, we gotta cancel his ass into unemployment!!" And I was like "they/them-giiiiirl, Gregy is my bestie since I met him at SDCC. We are all bffs and shit. He hooked me up with them screeners and but doesn't and all the good stuff... though he doesn't follow me on twitter and never retweets my amaaaahzing Cheshire shit posts. Yeah let's all three of us cancel that mf!! I'm the Campaign Queen after all!! I'm sure it will as well as all my other ones!!!"
But you got to your senses on time and bent over like a good pliable boomer for us to butt fuck you with our dildos...
Would you ever consider introducing Earth-16 versions of characters from "The Zeta Project" into the Young Justice animated universe?
1. What year was Antiope born?
2. Have you pinned down a more exact year for Black Adam's birth than 1,300 BCE? If so, what is it?
3. What year was Mercury born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Isis (the deity) born? If not tracked, what is her age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Shazam (the wizard) born?
1. What year was Solomon born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
2. What year was Hercules born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
3. What year was Atlas born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
4. What year was Zeus born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
5. What year was Achilles born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
In the link above you said season two had 20 episodes ordered from the get-go, but back in 2011 you said you only had 10 episodes ordered and were hopeful to get more 10.
Could you clarify please?
1. What year did Ocean-Master begin his costumed career?
2. What year did Ronal become Lord of Crastinus?
3. What year did Nanaue Shaâark become King of Nanauve?
4. What year did Topo become Prime Minister of Lemuria?
5. What year was Wyynde I (the âold heroâ) born?
1. What year was Crab Monster born?
2. What year did Calvin Durham become First Citizen of Shayeris?
3. What year was Krush born?
4. What year was the undersea Leviathan born?
5. What year did Lori Lemaris become a General of Tritonis?
1. What year was Arion born? 10,286 BCE?
2. What year did Beluga become a Bishop?
3. What year was the original Garn Daanuth born?
4. What year did Black Manta begin his costumed career?
5. What year did Coral become the Emissary for Neptunos?
1 Is project rutabaga still active?
2 did the light only use klarion to active childrenâs metagene for project rutabaga or did they also use other wizards at their disposal for this project like wotan
In the Earth-16 universe, is the name of Clark's and Lois' apartment called "1938 Sullivan Place"? Is the building located in the uptown section of New Troy; one of the six boroughs of Metropolis, located in the heart of the city? Finally, is the building owned by Bruce Wayne, and did he gave the tenancy to Clark and Lois as a wedding gift to both of them?
1. Is Black Canary a public hero i.e. is her identity as Dinah Lance publically known.
2. Has she ever tried having a secret identify in that case or did she give up on that idea.
3. Was her mother a hero without a secret identify.
4. So since both the JSA and the All Star Squadron had disbanded by the time Dinah Drake became a hero in 1964 so does that mean she was never a member of the JSA and was always a Solo Hero.
5. Are Jade and Obsidian children of Alan Scott on Earth-16 as well.
Given that Tomar-Re mentioned that he was good friends with Jor-El and Zor-El, I truly hope that we will see him having some conversations with Kal-El and Kara Zor-El in a future season, and that they will both be able to forgive Tomar-Re on their respective fathers' behalf for him not being able to save Krypton; which probably weighed on his conscience for a very long time. However, my personal expectations for such conversations greatly depends on Tomar-Re hopefully surviving the events of Season 4 and beyond.
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Kru-El:
#1. Is his father's name Zim-El? Also, what was his mother's name; before and after marriage?
#2. In comparison to the comics, is he the cousin of Jor-El and Zor-El, and therefore, he is also considered to be the paternal uncle of Kal-El and Kara Zor-El; via their respective fathers?
#3. At an early age, was he considered to be a technologically adept, but cruel child? If so, why was that the case in the Earth-16 universe?
#4. In comparison to the comics, did he tormented/vexed only Jor-El, or did he do the same to Zor-El as well?
#5. In comparison to the comics, was he sentenced to the Phantom Zone for 35 years for developing forbidden/diabolical weapons and selling them to the criminal element?
#6. Because of his criminal actions, was he considered by his family as "the first stain on the name of El"? Or were there other disgraced members in the House of El prior to Kru-El?
#7. Since the House of El crest on his chest has a long cut on it, was it self-inflicted to symbolize that he has severed his ties to his family? If not, then what was the actual reason?
#8. Because of his association with General Dru-Zod in the Phantom Zone, does that make him a member of the "Hounds of Zod," like in the comics?
#9. In comparison to the other Kryptonians in the Phantom Zone, exactly how deep is his loyalty to General Dru-Zod?
#10. When was he born, and what year was he sent into the Phantom Zone?
did Garfield logan learn kid flash name was wally west before Rita died?
I'm seeing a lot of praise for Garfield's depression storyline and I just.....don't agree that it's well-done. I thought that moment in season 2 when he briefly drops his happy go-lucky persona and reverts to his human shape when he's triggered into remembering his mom's death was a much better portrayal of depression than whatever you guys are doing now. This is 2022, simply acknowledging mental health issues isn't unheard of anymore (I would actually argue that there's too much romanticization of depression in media at the moment with things like 13 reasons why and euphoria but that's another issue). It doesn't feel earned because everything bad that happened to Gar happened off-screen during the time-skips and we know that Conner's not really dead, so he'll probably be fine. We didn't even know the Doom Patrol in this universe, so how can I really feel the impact it's had on him? How can I relate to him? Why should I care? It seems like a classic case of telling not showing.
I was stoked when I first heard about the arc format because I thought we would get to see a small set of characters in each one and see more of the main characters' supporting casts. It seemed like it was going that way until we got to Zee's arc, or should I say Vandal and Klarion's arc because that's what it really was, she was in the background and we barely got to know her proteges. Even in Artemis' arc, we saw more of the Batfam than the Arrowfam, which would've made more sense in Nightwing's arc. Why didn't you guys commit to the format of focusing on each main character for each arc? Did you get worried people would lose interest or is this your own internal bias towards the characters you prefer being reflected? Like no offense but we've seen more than enough of Miss Martian and Beast Boy, there are other interesting characters to look at.
do you even care that many loyal fans were disappointed with the young justice revival? cuz it kinda feels like you're dismissing anyone who isn't kissing the ground you and brandon walk on as "not a true fan."
Hello Greg. Recently, I watched a newer episode of Young Justice which revealed Lagoon boy is Bi/Pan and polyamorous. As a Bi person myself, I really like your inclusion of Bi/Pan characters in YJ. After watching the episode, I had a few questions about how LGBTQ people are viewed in the world of Young Justice.
1. How are LGBTQ people generally viewed in Atlantean culture? Are Atlanteans generally tolerant of LGBTQ people or generally intolerant? Are they tolerant of some parts of the LGBTQ community and not others? Does this tolerance depend on the region/city?
2. How do Amazons generally view LGBTQ people? I would assume they lean tolerant towards same-sex relationships given that their island is generally portrayed as Greek inspired and all woman but I wanted to double check.
3. How do Martians generally view LGBTQ people?
At the time of this posting, I was surprised that Beast Boy admitted to Black Canary that he needed help to deal with his grief. Was this your plan all along for his storyline?
I have to admit to you here, I have read on the internet months ago that seem to imply that his depression was going to ultimately lead him to commit suicide. In fact, when I saw his therapy session with Black Canary, I was honestly worried that he was going to have a full mental breakdown and then admit to her that he actually didn't want to deal with pain and grief that came with the culmination of losses that he suffered over the years, and that he would then admit to her that he actually wanted to die so that his pain and grief would end. But don't get the wrong idea though; I'm actually glad that it did NOT ultimately come down to that when his confession scene happened.
However, even with Beast Boy admitting to Black Canary that he needs help, and the damage that he caused to his own life (harshly pushing everyone away, leaving Space Trek 3016, and breaking up with Perdita), the next important question is this: At this point, is it too late for him to reconcile with Perdita and his friends, and has the damage been done to the point that he can't go back to the way things were even if his mental health improves?
#1. Why is Ursa addressed in the credits as "Ursa Zod" and not "Ursa-Zod"? I mean, why are female Kryptonian names different on Earth-16 that a dash is not added between their given names and the Kryptonian houses in which they are married into? The reason I am asking this is because I personally remember there was at least one case in the "Smallville" TV series in which Kara addressed Kal-El's mother as Lara-El during a Season 7 episode; as opposed to Lara Lor-Van. I hope you can understand my confusion here.
#2. I have never heard of a Kryptonian before who goes by the name Kru-El. What is his exact familial connection to all the other members of the House of El, and what exactly did he do to end up becoming a disgraced member of that house and being banished to the Phantom Zone?
In "Forbidden Secrets of Civilisations Past", Raquel used "her " when talking about Violet. Did Raquel not know about Violet indicating a preference for gender-neutral pronouns? As far as we've seen, Violet hasn't told anyone but Harper, but you guys like to have stuff happen offscreen...
How the hell did Metron get his hands on a baby sun-eater?
When did New Genesis learn of Connerâs death?
What was that eyeball Lor-Zod found in Metronâs vault?
Do you plan to include all these time jumps? Friends of mine have said that the first two seasons of YJ had a very different feel compared to Outsiders and Phantoms, mainly because there seems to be too many subplots in recent seasons.
During the meeting in âForbidden Secrets of Civilizations Past,â both Orion and Vykin misgender Violet and use she/her pronouns. While this was annoying in of itself, I figured you (who wrote the episode) and Brandon were going to use this as an opportunity for Raquel to correct both Orion and Vykin (and thus putting an even bigger strain on the dynamic between Raquel and Orion) on Violetâs pronouns as they/them. What I did not expect was for Raquel to continue misgendering Violet throughout the whole conversation. I was actually shocked and more than a little hurt.
Violet came out as nonbinary right before her graduation in early June, so weâll peg it as late May. This episode takes place in late August. Thatâs almostâ"if not exactlyâ"three months. Now, you might respond that maybe Raquel didnât learn Violet was nonbinary in that amount of time. (I would hope you wouldnât, because thatâs a flimsy excuse as it is.) But you know who definitely WOULD know? Forager. Who was sitting right there and still didnât say a word on the matter of everyone misgendering his friend and teammate. Youâd think Forager (with Foragerâs own Forager-pronoun shtick) would value oneâs preferred pronouns, but no.
I know you guys have been getting a lot of flack for the inclusion of shallow brownie-point representation and I have been defending the show tooth and nail, trusting that your team has learned from your mistakes back in Season Three. But after today, after this episode, this scene? I was proven wrong. I was genuinely heartbroken. You and Brandon clearly did not care enough to remember that Violet uses they/them pronouns, so why should the people watching who also, continuously, misgender them?
If this an actual creative choice to purposefully misgender Violet (much like how it was you and Brandonâs creative choices to showcase over and over again that Violet/Halo could regenerate by routinely depicting them horrifically maimed and bloody back in S3), then I sincerely hope you learn that your so-called creative choices hurt the people who saw a part of themselves in Violet. I know that this isnât the end of the world (or the worst thing this show has done to Violet), but I felt like this needed to be said. If Young Justice gets a Season Five, I truly hope you and Brandon do better.
Is Kru-El the cousin of Jor-El? Making him the first cousin once removed of Superman and Superboy?
1. What year was Wizard born?
2. What year did Wizard begin his criminal career?
3. What year was Wonder Woman molded from clay/born? 1925?
4. Have you pinned down a more exact year for Wotanâs birth/latest reincarnation than 1100? If so, what is it?
5. What year did Madame Xanadu begin her current magical career?
1. What year did Khalid Nassour begin his training with Zatanna?
2. What year did Phantom Stranger begin his costumed career?
3. What year did Sabbac begin his criminal career?
4. What year was Teekl born?
5. What year was Teekl II born?
1. What year was Felix Faust born?
2. What year did Ibac begin his criminal career?
3. What year did Isis (hero) begin her costumed career?
4. What year was Leroy (the animal) born?
5. What year was Merlin born?
1. What year was Blackbriar Thorn born?
2. What year did Blackbriar Thorn begin his magical career?
3. What year was Detective Chimp born?
4. What year did Detective Chimp begin his career?
5. What year was Etrigan the Demon born?
1. What year was Sanchez born?
2. What year did Sanchez become principal of Rio Grande High School?
3. What year was Valiantâs actor born?
4. What year was Wilcox born?
5. What year was Phillip Wilcox born?
1. Did Dinah Lance (the current Black Canary) inherit her powers from her mother, or is something that originated with this Black Canary?
1a. If she inherited it from her mother, then how did her mother get the Cry?
2. How old is Lor-Zod? Am I correct in thinking that he's the same age as the Legion, i.e. a teenager?
Dear Mr Wiesman 1. How long had Tomar re known the El brothers? 2. How old is the female Kryptonian who sang the "Zod work chant'' and what is her name? 3 . I liked the Sherwood florist pun in Black canary's flower shop when did she settle on a Robin hood pun for the name? 4. Did Forager (the outsiders member not the female version) Learn to Quote the Bard of Avon from any of his drama Teachers at Happy Harbor high or Did Artemis teach him as she works as a comp lit professor ?
Hi Greg, I've really been enjoying S4 so far. One thing that I've been curious about as I've gotten older was about representation. When it comes to hiring voice actors for roles, I've noticed some POC characters aren't voiced by POC voice actors/actresses. But I also know that you've mentioned that because of budget, you can't bring in every VA that you'd like to. And to be clear, I love how much representation is already in the show. So many of the VA cast members are POC and that's terrific. My question is mainly if budget causes that happen at times?
What are the chances that we'll see the Earth-16 versions of Deathstroke's kids in a future season of Young Justice; especially his newest son, Respawn?
Are any characters on the show, whether they're on the Team, Justice League, Outsiders, etc., Jewish? If so, who?
Considering they were never seen, did Bart's parents die in the Reach timeline in Season Two of Young Justice?
Is it possible for Klarion to use his magic to perform Necromancy?
Is the following information below correct in regards to the known members of the Earth-16 version of the Legion of Super-Heroes? If not, please explain why.
Real Name: Querl Dox
Family: Collector of Worlds/Vril Dox (ancestor), Kajz Dox (father), Virln Dox (mother)
Real Name: Reep Daggle
Family: R.J. Brande/Ren Daggle (father), Zhay Daggle (mother), Liggt Daggle (brother), Ji (aunt)
Real Name: Garth Ranzz
Family: Luc Ranzz (father), Perla Ranzz (mother), Mekt Ranzz (brother), Ayla Ranzz (twin sister)
Real Name: Tinya Wazzo
Family: Linnya Wazzo (21st century ancestor), Byzjn Wazzo (father), Winema Wazzo (mother), Gmya Wazzo (brother)
Real Name: Irma Ardeen
Homeworld: Titan (Saturnâs moon)
Family: Preya Ardeen (sister)
Why do the titles in Rocket's arc end with exclamation marks?
Which one of these three is the correct team name on Earth-16?
#1. Legion of Super-Heroes
#2. Legion of Superheroes
#3. Legion of Super Heroes
If I may be so bold as to ask a question in regards to the unspecified event that will occur in Happy Harbor on May 14, 2030, is it somehow possible that specific day is supposed to mark the formation of the United Planets in Earth-16's 21st century, and, as such, this day will likely become the Earth-16 equivalent of "Unity Day" (which is a name that was proposed by Jonathan Samuel Kent in the comics)?
Was the Anti-Monitor ordeal from GLTAS also happen in YJ?
When Granny Goodness activated the Anti-Life Equation in "Terminus," exactly how many light-years did it spread throughout the universe before it was stopped in "Into the Breach"?
1. What year was Oryx born?
2. What year was Paco born?
3. What year was Pete, Iris's boss at GBS, born?
4. What year was Riker born?
5. What year was Ripley born?
1. What year was Banks born?
2. What year was Brenda born?
3. What year was Casey Brinke born?
4. What year was Dragonâs Breath born?
5. What year was Marvin Fargo born?
1. What year did Amanda Waller become Warden of Belle Reve?
2. What year did Amanda Waller become the leader of Task Force X?
3. What year was Weather Wizard born?
4. What year did Weather Wizard begin his costumed career?
1. What year did Psycho-Pirate begin his costumed career?
2. What year did Rako begin his costumed/armored career?
3. What year did Tommy Terror begin his criminal career?
4. What year did Tuppence Terror begin her criminal career?
5. What year was Vykin born? If not tracked, what is his age equivalent at last appearance?
1. What year did Mister Bliss begin his criminal career?
2. What year was the T.O. Morrow android created/implemented?
3. What year did the real T.O. Morrow begin his criminal career?
4. What year did Professor Ivo begin his criminal career?
5. What year did Psimon begin his criminal career?
Did Jay Garrick and Alan Scott teamed up before the Justice Society was created?
Who's idea was it to create the JSA?
As of the time of this posting, you are probably aware that "Justice League" issue #75 come out this week, and that the titular team will apparently be killed off. My question to you is this: What are the chances that something similar might end up happening to the Earth-16 version of the Justice League in a future season of Young Justice?
1. What year did Icicle Jr. begin his criminal career?
2. What year did Icicle Sr. begin his criminal career?
3. What year did Kobra begin his criminal career?
4. What year was Merlyn born?
5. What year did Merlyn begin his criminal career?
1. What year did Blister become meta-active?
2. What year did Brick begin his criminal career?
3. What year did Count Vertigo begin his criminal career?
4. What year did Giant become meta-active?
5. What year did Headmaster begin his criminal career?
1. What year (and month, if applicable) did Ra's al Ghul join the Light?
2. What year (and month, if applicable) did Klarion join the Light?
3. What year did Queen Bee become Queen of Bialyia?
4. What year (and month, if applicable) did Queen Bee join the Light?
5. What year (and month, if applicable) did Ultra-Humanite join the Light?
1. What year did Zviad Baazovi become Markovia's U.N. ambassador?
2. What year did the Brain begin his criminal career?
3. What year (and month, if applicable) did the Brain join the Light?
4. What year did Deathstroke begin his criminal career?
5. What year (and month, if applicable) did Deathstroke join the Light?
1. What year was Jochi born?
2. What year was Vandal Savage born?
3. What year (and month, if applicable) did Vandal Savage and Ishtar found the Light?
4. What year was Tiamat born/created?
5. What year was Tolui born?
Greg can you clarify why Tim was wearing stealth-tech in True colors when Dick never wore it and according to your previous responses Jason probably didn't either is it because of Jason's "death" that Tim is being more careful or that he didn't want to take any risks.
So Greg this is a confusion that I have regarding time travel on Earth-16. So when
asked Neutron status post Bart's time travel you previously said "Because of his close-proximity exposure to Chronoton radiation, he will have to teach himself what happened. He will never truly experience the revised timeline as memories. In theory."
And on twitter you said No when asked about whether Neutron from season 2 and 3 will in 2056 have his new memory supplanted by Neutron of the old timeline.
So my question is that in 2056 will there be two neutrons, If the Neutron from the old timeline gets added to this new timeline and exists alongside this timelines native Neutron then why did the old timeline Neutron's appearance change. It's just I having a tough time understanding rules of Earth-16 time travel can you please help explain this.
1. What is your favourite Agatha Christie Novel.
2. By chance have you seen David Suchet's performance as Hercule Poirot, if so what did you think of it.
3. Any murder mystery book you are surprised by how obscure they are and why more people haven't read them.
4. It's been mentioned in the archives and even you have addressed it that you can't read fanfiction because of the legal issues, so I have a similar but different question say you read or watch a completely new or different work of fiction would that not also pose the risk of influencing you and could not that be the grounds for lawsuits. Like say you read a book and it has an interesting solution or plotpoint or character and then subconsciously you are influenced and you write a character that is similar won't that be risky too legal action. So is there any restriction you impose on reading something that is not fanfiction and a original work by someone.
5. Have you read this murder mystery novel by Anthony Horowitz called Magpie Murders I think you might appreciate it's unique plot structure.
In the comics, there are three organizations; the League of Shadows (created by Ra's to stop mankind's course of destroying itself), the League of Assassins (an ancient organization consisting of highly trained killers), and the League of Lazarus (an enigmatic splinter organization of the League of Assassins that worships a demonic entity that inhabits the Lazarus Pit). As such, my question is where are the Earth-16 versions of the League of Assassins and the League of Lazarus?
So A couple of Doctor Who related questions if you don't mind-
1) What are your thoughts on the current doctor.(you can answer both for the incumbent doctor at the time the question was answered and if this by the time the actor has changed once again even that is fine).
2. When was your first exposure to doctor who or rather which doctor did you start with, are you familiar with the classic series.
3. So in the archives you mentioned Ninth Doctor is your favourite, what about him makes you so appealing to you and more so than the other doctors.
4. Since I know you prefer certain rules of time travel what are your thoughts on timey wimey(i.e the rules of time travel in doctor who) nature of time travel in doctor who.
5. What would you refer to as your favourite episode/story arc of doctor who.
Could the animated movie, "Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons: The Movie," potentially be considered "canon adjacent" in the YJ animated universe? If true, then...
#1. When could the events of the film logically fit within the Earth-16 timeline?
#2. Which events in the animated movie would NOT make sense within the Earth-16 continuity and why?
1. Is it safe to say that Bear isn't the only New God who's gotten physical with Metron?
2. Since we're getting a Rocket-centric arc, where's Icon?
3. "Catwoman: Hunted" question: are Mr. Yakuza and La Dama based on characters from the comics, or were they created for this movie?
4. Have Earth-16 Black Lightning and Tobias Whale faced off?
What is the title of the next episode of Rocket's arc in Young Justice Phantoms?
Aside from the starro incident have there been other moments were vandal regretted asking klarion for help?
1. What year did Sensei become the sensei to the League of Shadows?
2. What year was Shade born?
3. What year did Shade begin his criminal career?
4. What year did Shade join the League of Shadows?
5. What year did Sportsmaster begin his criminal career?
1. What year did Professor Ojo join the League of Shadows?
2. What year did Red Hooded Ninja join the League of Shadows?
3. What year did Rictus begin her criminal career?
4. What year did Rictus join the League of Shadows?
5. What year did Sensei join the League of Shadows?
1. What year did Hook join the League of Shadows?
2. What year did Lady Shiva begin her criminal career?
3. What year did Lady Shiva join the League of Shadows?
4. What year was Melisande born?
5. What year did Professor Ojo begin his criminal career?
1. What year did Black Spider join the League of Shadows?
2. What year did Jade Crock become Cheshire?
3. What year did Cheshire join the League of Shadows?
4. What year did Paula Crock/Huntress begin her criminal career?
5. What year did Hook begin his criminal career?
1. What year did Miss Arrowette begin her costumed career?
2. What year did Mist begin her costumed career?
3. What year (and month, if applicable) did Mist join the Team?
4. What year was Ryan, Karenâs friend from Dr. Palmerâs lab, born?
5. What year did Windfall begin her costumed career?
I got a few New Genesis Bug related questions-
1. So Forager are called so because they forage for items, All Mother is well all mother and is the queen of the hive, Then is Mantis also a role in Hive like would each have a Mantis or Does mantis simply have individuality enough to choose a name not based on his task in the hive.
2. There were also yellow colored bugs in Away Mission do they have a different role 3. There are blue/purple colored forager too are they always gonna be female, if possible could you explain the Bug color and roles cause right now it's a bit confusing since we don't have much information about this.
4. Is Mantis fighting for a cause like for Bugs to get the respect they deserve similar to Mcomm fighting for the A'ashenn cause or is it simply like I lookout for Myself and don't care about anyone else.
How old does the Collector of Worlds appear to be in terms of human biological years?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Brainiac 5:
1. Is his real name Querl Dox?
2. As a Coludroid, what is his age; both as a human biological equivalent and in actual Earth years (assuming he is older than he looks)?
3. Does his fellow Legionnaires ever call him by his nickname "Brainy"?
4. Is he a descendant of the Collector of Worlds?
How did Artur feel about his father (Orin) stepping down as High King, and his mother (Mera) being chosen to become High King, respectively?
In the episode, Usual Suspects,...
#1. How exactly did Lex Luthor figure out that Superboy ran out the red shields? I mean, did that little container that holds the red shields have some kind of chip or something that transmits to Lex Luthor and informs him when Superboy uses a red shield and how many he has left in inventory?
#2. If Superboy, Artemis, and Miss Martian did not tell the rest of the Team about their respective secrets, what would have been the original outcome of the meeting that occurred in Santa Prisca; considering they were supposed to go somewhere? I mean, would those three have been given the Starro-tech at wherever place they would go, like what the mind-controlled Red Arrow did to the Justice League? Or, would there have been a far worse fate that would have awaited those three?
In chronological order, who ruled Atlantis and how long did each person's reign lasted? If you are unable to list every single person, at the very least, please identify the more well-known/famous rulers of Atlantis' history and the length of their respective reigns in the Earth-16 universe.
Traci Thurston/Thirteen has quickly become one of my favorite characters this season. I feel like we got to know her a bit more during Zatanna's arc, and it was AMAZING.
I recall seeing somewhere on Twitter, that her chants (when using bad luck magic) are in Latin. While rewatching "Odnu!" I could not decipher what she said during 2 specific scenes: When she manipulated the fog lines to capture the Trogowog, and when she moved the brick wall that Khalid was about to strike into.
Is she reciting these chants in another language?
1. Was Arion also a Homo Meta, along with being the first Homo Magi, or was he just the former?
2. On Earth 16 is an affinity for Magic a metahuman ability/subspecialty of the meta gene, or is it's own thing? Would Zatanna, Traci 13, or Khalid Nassour have the meta gene along with their magic powers or just the latter?
3. Are Atlantean Sorcerers considered to be Homo Magi or are they just Homo Mermanus/or are they both?
4. Is Nabu when he was alive a Homo Magi and would he be considered one now with the helmet?
5. Are Atlanteans also technically Homo Meta and Homo Magi along with being Homo Mermanus? Would La'gaan have tested positive for the Meta Gene when he was captured by the Reach?
What are the exact dates that each of the Orm clone's memories occurred; as depicted in "Leviathan Wakes"?
In the episode "Nautical Twilight" Lori was cold to Wyynde, against whom she still harbored resentment for his time as a purist. Well from this I have two questions to ask.
1) Will Karen be that way towards Arsenal (Roy Harper) after his mistakes from Season 2 even though he wasn't truly a bad person (Which the 4 Runaway meta-teens obviously know) nor irredeemable?
2) Will La'gaan (formerly known as Lagoon Boy) be that way towards Nightwing (Dick Greyson) after the way he kept Kaldur's deep-cover mission and Artemis's faked death a secret from him and the other heroes during Season 2?
1. who is the fourth green lantern mentioned by Orin at the end of season 4 episode 17
2. when does Catwoman: Hunted take place?
3. Does the Green Arrow showcase show Perdita's initial arrival to the United States with her staying in the country until she is seen again in Episode 20?
What does Perdita Vladek think about Arsenal (Roy Harper) and are they both on good terms?
I have five questions to ask.
1. In the episode "Darkest" La'gaan told Kaldur (who is only posing as a traitor as part of an undercover operation) that he's not Black Manta's son but his errand boy. What does he mean by Errand Boy?
2. In the episode "Nomed Esir!" Child accuses Klarion of being a lapdog for working with Vandal Savage. What does she mean by Lapdog?
3. Is La'gaan right about Kaldur being Black Manta's Errand Boy or maybe wrong?
4. Is Child right about Klarion being Vandal Savage's Lapdog?
5. Is there a difference between being someone's Errand Boy and someone's Lapdog or are they both the same thing?
On Young Justice:
1. What happened to Queen Perdita Vladeks mother?
2. Will Asami and Tye make a comeback anytime soon? Are they still together?
3. Is Jason Todd the Red Hooded Ninja?
4. Is Delphis in a polyamorous relationship with Kaldur and Wyynde?
Where did Chian take Fake Arion in episode 16? Did she know he was Ocean Master? Was she loyal to him?
1. What year was Larry Lance born?
2. What year did Looker begin her costumed career?
3. What year (and month, if applicable) did Looker join the Outsiders?
4. What year did Major Force begin his heroic career?
5. What year was Miss Arrowette born?
1. What year (and month, if applicable) did Livewire join the Outsiders?
2. What year did Everyman begin his costumed career?
3. What year did Fury begin her costumed career?
4. What year did Trajectory begin her costumed career?
5. What year did Olga Ilyich begin her Rocket Red career?
1. What year did Captain Atom begin his heroic career?
2. What year did Lucas Carr gain his A-designation?
3. What year did Catherine Cobert gain her A-designation?
4. What year did Jim Harper (the Roy clone) begin his heroic career?
5. What year did Livewire begin her criminal career?
1. What year did Penguin begin his criminal career?
2. What year did Alfred Pennyworth enter service for the Wayne family?
3. What year was Two-Face born?
4. What year did Two-Face begin their criminal career?
1. What year was Condiment King born?
2. What year did Condiment King begin his criminal career?
3. What year was Killer Croc born?
4. What year did Killer Croc begin his criminal career?
5. What year was Penguin born?
I have always appreciated YJ's pulling of characters or concepts from everything DC has a copyright on, and seeing Razer join Mercy Graves, Wendy and Marvin, El Dorado, etc in the cartoon-first club was great. I know he's busy and y'all have a plot already, but given the way characters can just come back on occasion, I hope he'll show up in season 42 with some plot-critical information Amistad and Artur need or something.
1. You said on twitter that including him was Brandon Vietti's idea, and I was wondering if you knew about the thought process. Was it more of a "We need someone to fill [x] role, what about Razer?" situation, or "Can we fit Razer in somewhere, since we're using GLs anyway?" Or something else? Although I recognize you might not know and that's okay, Vietti just doesn't have an askbox.
2. Since other "adjacent" stories happened, but with more presence from the team, is this the case with the Lantern stuff? (I kind of doubt it, since most of it was way off in space, but since I also kinda doubt you'll make a new season focusing on it, I figured I would ask...)
3. How did the various GLTAS actors and writers react when you and Vietti reached out to them?
I really only started watching/buying GLTAS in solidarity, and I thought I did a good job not getting attached to those characters I thought were doomed, so I had no idea I'd be so happy for an update on Razer and Kilowog. Thanks to everyone for that
So has Jay Garrick always been a public hero without a secret identity like from the very beginning of his career as the Flash or did he decide to keep it a secret at the start or was it like ah well I can't keep it a secret well no matter it's fine either way approach by Jay to all this.
Do you think Lian,Anissa,Arthur,Jon, Jennifer,Amistad and Don & dawn become heroes like thier parents in the future?
Hi Greg! Got some questions that I have been thinking for some time.
1. I know Artemis is an adaptation from the comics, but I am curious if you took Mia Dearden as an inspiration for Artemis characters for YJ? (considering they both are the second sidekick)
2. Can you just give a little hint? Is the next season (5 and hopefully 6) will be focusing or introducing or inserting new heroes? Just like S2 and S3?
3. What is your first inspiration or the first thing in your mind that make you want to develop YJ?
4. Just wondering, is the light arc gonna end in the future seasons or they will always be the light in the show?
5. Would you like/support if one day a person pitch an idea to make a spin off based on YJ and set in the same earth? (Eg: JLA, JSA, etc)
Out of curiosity, when will the Earth-16 versions of the Milestone characters get costume changes to match their Earth-M (Milestone Returns) counterparts?
I saw you say that the viewing numbers are better than ever but what exactly are we comparing here? The total number of streams the season has gotten? The individual episodes? The whole series? And are we just looking at the TV ratings of episode premieres or are we including the people who bought it on iTunes (throwback to when we got before the dawn in the top 10 and then cartoon network removed it) and watched reruns? I'm just curious if we can really compare it properly because I remember how difficult it was to watch the show live back in the day, the network was constantly putting it on hiatus, sometimes with no warning, and it didn't stream anywhere until it was put on Netflix. I'd sometimes have no idea an episode aired until the day after. And to be perfectly honest, I would watch it on illegal sites and I know I was far from the only one. The show being on HBO Max has made it accessible to a wide audience for the first time, so I'm wondering if it's a true increase in viewership or if it's just finally being collected in one place.
You're saying that it would be illogical for an atheist to exist in the Young Justice universe but you had Wally denying that magic exists when Zatara is right in front of his face? Make it make sense.
1. What year did Sackett become Mayor of Metropolis?
2. When would you say Bane began his criminal career?
3. What year was Joe Chill born?
4. What year was Cluemaster born?
5. What year did Cluemaster begin his criminal career?
1. What year did Lois Lane begin working at the Daily Planet?
2. What year did Lex Luthor first meet Superman?
3. What year was Lionel Luthor born?
4. When did Bruno Mannheim begin his criminal career?
5. What year did Jimmy Olsen begin working at the Daily Planet?
1. What year did Red Torpedo join the All-Star Squadron?
2. What month did the Justice Society of America form in 1940?
3. What month/year did the Justice Society of America shift to become the All-Star Squadron?
4. What year (and month, if applicable) did Cyborg join the Justice League?
5. What year (and month, if applicable) did Jay Garrick join the Justice League? Was it part of a recruitment wave or did he have an open invitation like Dick, Conner, and M'gann were stated to have in "Happy New Year"?
1. What year was Dragon King born?
2. What year was Rod Reilly/Firebrand I born?
3. What year did Rod Reilly/Firebrand I begin his costumed career?
4. What year was Henry Heywood born?
5. What year did Firebrand/Red Inferno join the All-Star Squadron?
1. What year did Amazing Man begin his costumed career?
2. Did Amazing Man join the All-Star Squadron? In what year?
3. What year was Al Pratt/Atom I born?
4. What year was Crimson Avenger born?
5. What year was Doctor Mid-Nite born?
Kilowag's mentioning of Razer eventually wielding "rainbow powers" seems to hint/imply that Razer's quest to find Aya may involve him obtaining the power rings from the other Lantern Corps and him becoming the White Lantern and using the power of life to probably bring Aya back. Am I correct in this interpretation? Besides, I honestly wish to see the Earth-16 version of Aya one day; seeing her reunite with Razer and her other friends, and even potentially interacting with the rest of Earth-16's heroes.
Since you confirmed that the events of "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" is "Canon Adjacent," and since Kilowag had mentioned that it had been about four years since Razer was last seen, it is obviously clear that the Earth-16 version of the events of the animated series took place in 2016. HOWEVER, given that the animated series lasted only one season, when exactly did the Earth-16 version of the events started and ended, respectively, during the year of 2016?
As a African American Im a big fan from s1 s2 I like and respect what you do and done. I am asking if you can consider to adapt more on the Black ethnic superheroes groups with appearances on scenes more such as Icon, Vixen, Static, Naomi, Starlight, Thunder etc. Not only appearances but possibly better story telling of those diverse characters you have. the story arc for Rocket so far is pretty dull where getting to know her more contradicts her character appearances and insight on issues that happen in s1&2 with her friendships w/ superboy and atermis. (Rage & daddy issues) with s4 views on Orion she struggling to accept him. 2 episodes in and not enough of rocket being shown in positive cool way. There are huge amounts of different black groups that watch your show with different personalities please showcase our skin/behaviour in a better way. To be inclusive is to consider our hair as not every hair style with your black female characters bumblebee and rocket have that short Rihanna buzz cut. Please continue to consider the future of the black youth that enjoy your amazing show.
Iâve seen countless comments in the past few days from people whoâve decided to finally catch up on Young Justice in order to see Razer again. It also seems like youâre saving Nightwingâs arc for last, the most famous and popular protagonist on the show.
Am I correct in assuming this is all an intentional, May sweeps-style, strategy to generate hype and attention in the final stretch of the season or is this instead simply just how the story youâre telling needed to unfold?
By any chance is Mary Bromfield a foil to Arsenal (Roy Harper)? If so then can you explain how and why?
I miss when the show was about the team. It was such a cool and unique concept, why would you replace it with a knock off teen titans? And then not even develop the knock off teen titans in the same way? Why should I care about them? Without the team, it does not even feel like Young Justice anymore.
I am honestly concerned that youâre letting the twitter crowd influence you too muchâ¦i know itâs a necessary evil for promotion but you should be aware that the people on there do not represent the whole population. itâs become a really nasty place over the last few years, people there can only deal in absolutes: someone/thing is either the best thing in the world and above all criticism or evil and must be destroyed. did you see how the will smith oscar incident got turned into a race issue where anyone who criticized what will did was branded a racist? the whole site turned on zoe kravitz for saying something when they were obsessing over her a few days earlier and literally accused her of being a pedo based on one line from an interview. right now young justice is beloved there and anyone who dares to share an opinion is attacked - and to be perfectly frank, it often happens after you reply to them. yes it is good for the show to have them on your side because theyâll keep it trending every week but be careful not to get too tangled up with them, they will turn on you in a second.
How much information in this link is also true in the Earth-16 universe?
Some questions pertaining to Young Justice: Phantoms "Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge!"
1. What month and year in the 31st century did the United Planets parole the Kryptonians imprisoned in the Phantom Zone?
2. What year did Dru-Zod stage a coup on Krypton?
3. What year was the truce made between New Genesis and Apokolips?
4. What month and year did Razer first put on the Red Lantern ring on Volkrieg?
5. Is the female Forager from the Mountain Hive voiced by Nika Futterman based on the second Forager from the comics?
If a Martian shape-shifts to a form that is halfway between their natural Martian form and a humanoid form (like what J'onn J'onzz uses), how would you be able to visualize it, and can you please show us what it would possibly look like in a drawing or something? Would such a form likely look similar to that of the appearance of the White Martian Z'kran Z'rann; a character from the comics?
Out of curiosity, does an A'ashenn M'hontrr (White Martian Manhunter) named Z'kran Z'rann exist in the Earth-16 universe? In the comics, this character was an White Martian who became one of the first seven Green Lanterns 10 billion years ago; as depicted in the comic series, "Green Lanterns." If this character existed in the Earth-16 universe, would he have been regarded as a legendary figure and as an inspiration to all M'hontrrs (Manhunters) on Mars?
1-how many active green lanterns are there?
2-how big is sector 2814? (Is it limited to our solar system?) If it is bigger why do earth's green lanterns spend most of their time on earth and don't spend time on thousands of other planets?
3-is oa the center of universe?
4-how big is the place patrolled by green lantern corps? Is it only the milkey way galaxy or is it the universe?
1-does the green lantern power ring need to be recharged? If so how often do lanterns recharge their rings? (Consider normal power usage)
2-what abilities does the life support aura (the green aura surrounding theri bodies) give them besides providing oxygen? Do they need to eat or sleep with that aura? Does it take care of their waste?
3-does the aura mentioned above make lanterns bulletproof?
4-does the power ring grant them super strength?
5-Could they support the weight of a cargo ship or something with cunstructs?
If Zatanna had chosen some better/wiser/different words to explain why Mary could not wear the Helmet of Fate, would Mary have still have angrily left after being rejected as a potential host for the Helmet of Fate, or would Mary have understood/heeded the wisdom of Zatanna's words and therefore work to try to be better in order to overcome her power addiction?
#1. What were Icon's previous professions during his long life on Earth prior to become a lawyer in the present day?
#2. Why did it take Rocket to convince Icon to become a superhero? Were there personal fears/concerns that prevented him from making that choice himself multiple times prior?
Just so I can understand this correctly, Black Lightning placed an emphasis on mental health in direct response to Geo-Force's betrayal in the Season 3 finale and what he himself went through during the entire Season 3? Or were there more reasons besides these two reasons I mentioned?
Is the following biological family relationships correct for each personâs perspective in the Earth-16 universe? If not, please explain why.
#1. Jor-Elâs Biological Family Relationships:
Lara-El (formerly Lara Lor-Van) (wife)
Lois Joanne Lane-Kent (daughter-in-law)
Jonathan Samuel âJonnyâ Kent (grandson)
Alura-El (formerly Alura In-Ze) (sister-in-law)
Kara Zor-El (niece)
#2. Zor-Elâs Biological Family Relationships:
Alura-El (formerly Alura In-Ze) (wife)
Kara Zor-El (daughter)
Lara-El (formerly Lara Lor-Van) (sister-in-law)
Lois Joanne Lane-Kent (niece-in-law)
Jonathan Samuel âJonnyâ Kent (great-nephew)
NOTE: I did not include Superboy (Kon-El/ Conner Kent) in each personâs relationship list because I do not know what his relationship would be with them.
Is Staghart, Leo and Unaâs biological son?
By any chance is Geo-Force (Brion Markov) a foil to Arsenal (Roy Harper)? If so then can you explain how and why?
After Roy was invited to rejoin the Team by Artemis in "The Prize" are any of the heroes trying to make sure Arsenal (Roy Harper) doesn't end up like Vandal Savage, Black Adam (Teth Adam), Ra's al Ghul, and Geo-Force (Brion Markov) after what happened in "Nevermore"?
Hi Greg !
Just read an answer you gave to someone talking about religion, and you said that it's difficult to represent atheists on YJ because of the elements you introduced on the show :
" I'd love to be more inclusive of atheists. I aspire to be an atheist myself, but frankly I'm too superstitious. And I don't know how - in the fantasy world of Earth-16, which includes things like ghosts, phantoms, souls, demons, gods, etc. - to make space for true atheism, which is a philosophy I find most admirable in real life."
Now, I have a question, that I'm sure you will find interesting : how someone can still be religious in the fantasy world of earth-16 ????
Because you objectively demonstrated dozens of things that contradict religions.
Some examples :
- religion said the earth is 6000 years old --> Vandal Savage is 50000 years old.
- religion said the universe was created in 6 days --> you showed the YJ universe is 16 billions years old.
- religion never mentioned extraterrestrial life --> I think we can admit that aliens exist in earth-16 (lol).
And we could go on like that for days. Now, very religious people will come and tell me I'm full of approximation, that it's more complicated, and so on...
But the fact remains, whatever those people may say, that your show is contradicting religious allegations.
SO, don't you think it's nonsensical and inconsistent to have introduced religions in YJ, and that they don't have their place in this universe, because it OBJECTIVELY demonstrated they're WRONG ?
I'm personally an agnostic atheist, which doesn't mean I hate religions, I just find they don't have their place in your show. Don't you agree ?
In Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge, Kilowog said no communication between him and Razer for four years. That sets the events of the parting in team year 6, which is also when the events of Young Justice Invasion takes place. Did you do this as a nod to how both Young Justice and Green Lantern Tas had their finales air together on March 16, 2013 or is there also a deeper reason like it fits better with the Timeline or is it both the factors.
So really loved that you did the GLTAS themed episode,
1. I am curious about how did you guys decide to use music at the end of Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge mirror similar to the one in the green lantern tas finale, whose idea was this, are musical choices like these decided like at the scripting of the episode or is it done after the episode is animated and done?
2. Tying in Razer with the theme of Acceptance and Hope for a better future, yes I can see why you tied this to the rocket's arc. Did you guys have an idea that you would get so much positive reception for doing this or was it a surprise.
3. The Episode is titled "Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge" but the character is named Razer with an "e" in the credits so why this change in spelling, cause Razor means instrument an instrument with sharp sets of blades while Razer means A person who razes something. Is there a reason for this spelling change.
4. So now that you have come around to multiple lantern corps do Orange Lantern, Star Sapphire and Indigo Tribe work on Earth 16.
5. Whose Idea was it to make Razer a composite Lantern i.e both red and blue simultaneously cause that idea is a master stroke and deserves my thanks.
1. Would Razer make a good candidate for the Justice League reserves if Black Lightning and Superman knew about him?
2. How come Laâgaan and Arsenal (Roy Harper) aren't candidates for the Justice League reserves?
3. Out of the 24 candidates for the new Justice League reserves displayed on-screen 4 of them are being covered by Superman and Black Lightning's heads respectively. Who are those four?
So. People have asked about the various things. My question is... Why was Jaime not permanently affected by the ghost dimension in Season 3? Was it because he's actually an unactivated meta? Or can the beetle "reverse the damage" the ghost dimension otherwise would have done to Jaime despite not being compatible with the technology while active? Or was it something else?
I made a mistake in an earlier posting. Here is the CORRECT portion of that posting.
#3. Bette Kaneâs Biological Family Relationships:
Thomas Wayne (paternal uncle)
Martha Kane-Wayne (paternal aunt)
Bruce Wayne (paternal cousin)
Damian (first cousin)
Jacob âJakeâ Kane (paternal uncle)
Gabrielle Lorna âGabiâ Goldstein-Kane (paternal aunt)
Katherine Rebecca âKateâ Kane (paternal cousin)
Elizabeth Marie âBethâ Kane (paternal cousin)
Nathan Kane (paternal uncle)
Philip Walton Kane (paternal uncle)
In the previous posting, I actually identified Nathan Kane as Bette's maternal uncle; when it is ACTUALLY supposed to be PATERNAL. Sorry about that! :)
Is the following biological family relationships correct in the Earth-16 universe? If not, please explain why.
#1. Bruce Wayneâs Biological Family Relationships:
Thomas Wayne (father)
Martha Kane-Wayne (mother)
Jacob âJakeâ Kane (maternal uncle)
Gabrielle Lorna âGabiâ Goldstein-Kane (maternal aunt)
Katherine Rebecca âKateâ Kane (maternal cousin)
Elizabeth Marie âBethâ Kane (maternal cousin)
Unnamed maternal uncle (Bette Kaneâs father)
Unnamed maternal aunt (Bette Kaneâs mother)
Mary Elizabeth âBetteâ Kane (maternal cousin)
Nathan Kane (maternal uncle)
Philip Walton Kane (maternal uncle)
#2. Kate Kaneâs Biological Family Relationships:
Jacob âJakeâ Kane (father)
Gabrielle Lorna âGabiâ Goldstein-Kane (mother)
Elizabeth Marie âBethâ Kane (twin sister)
Thomas Wayne (paternal uncle)
Martha Kane-Wayne (paternal aunt)
Bruce Wayne (paternal cousin)
Damian (first cousin)
Unnamed paternal uncle (Bette Kaneâs father)
Unnamed paternal aunt (Bette Kaneâs mother)
Mary Elizabeth âBetteâ Kane (paternal cousin)
Nathan Kane (paternal uncle)
Philip Walton Kane (paternal uncle)
#3. Bette Kaneâs Biological Family Relationships:
Thomas Wayne (paternal uncle)
Martha Kane-Wayne (paternal aunt)
Bruce Wayne (paternal cousin)
Damian (first cousin)
Jacob âJakeâ Kane (paternal uncle)
Gabrielle Lorna âGabiâ Goldstein-Kane (paternal aunt)
Katherine Rebecca âKateâ Kane (paternal cousin)
Elizabeth Marie âBethâ Kane (paternal cousin)
Nathan Kane (maternal uncle)
Philip Walton Kane (paternal uncle)
NOTE #1: Martha, Nathan, Philip, Jacob, and an unnamed man (Bette Kaneâs father) are siblings in the Kane family, but it is unclear as to the order of oldest to youngest amongst them. Martha is the only one who has appeared in some form in the Earth-16 universe; her brothers have NOT yet made an appearance.
NOTE #2: I assume that Damian will likely only be addressed as first cousin to Kate and Bette in the Earth-16 universe. In the DC Database Wiki, he is identified as Kateâs first cousin once removed and as Betteâs first cousin; specifically in Prime Earth continuity.
NOTE #3: In regards to the full names on the lists, I am assuming that any ânicknamesâ used are placed between the middle and last names. I do not know if that also applies in Earth-16 canon for them and other people; if this is NOT correct, please correct them accordingly.
Since you said that Green Lantern:TAS is YJ adjacent, would Batman: Under the Red Hood also be YJ adjacent?
Is the following missing relationships correct from the point of view of Earth-16's version of Zor-El?
Lara-El (formerly Lara Lor-Van) (sister-in-law)
Alura-El (formerly Alura In-Ze) (wife)
Kara Zor-El (daughter)
I just realized something important after the recent YJ episode (at the time of this posting): IF "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" is now "canon adjacent," and a similar but distinct version of the events in that short-lived cartoon series happened in the Earth-16 universe, it would ALSO mean that this is the FIRST-EVER instance in which a DC Comics-related animated work that you were NOT personally involved in whatsoever is considered "canon adjacent."
This would mean it would also be somehow be possible for other DC Comics-related animated works to somehow be "canon adjacent" in some form. For example, perhaps the animated movie, "Batman: Under the Red Hood," could potentially be "canon adjacent," but only in regards to those specific storyline elements involving Jason Todd's origins, the circumstances of his death, and how his body was secretly taken by Ra's al Ghul to be resurrected in the Lazarus Pit. Does that make sense to you?
1. If Green Lantern: The Animated Series were to get a second season or some sort of comic book continuation, do you think Brandon and yourself would try to maintain continuity with it going forwards, or was this more like two ships passing in the night?
1b. Have you discussed this possibility with Giancarlo and Jim? Do you believe they would try to respect things established in Young Justice?
2. There was an episode of Justice League Action which similarly continued plot points from GL:TAS. Is that episode also Young Justice canon adjacent?
1. When was Lor-Zod's mother born?
2. When was Lighning Lad born?
3. When was Brainiac 5 born?
1. When was Razer born?
2. When was Tomar-Re born?
3. When was Kilowog born?
4. When was Jor-El born?
5. When was Zor-El born?
In Issue #6 of "Wonder Woman: Black and Gold," a character named Berchta was introduced. Here's a link that talks about the character:
My question to you is what are the chances of you possibly introducing us to the Earth-16 version of this extremely dangerous Amazon?
Razar's search for Aya seems to imply that the events of "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" are "canon adjacent" to the Earth-16 universe. Is this true, or did I make an incorrect interpretation? If the latter, please explain how you made the connection between the two non-related series work.
In Regards to Earth-16's Tomar-Re:
#1. How long has he been a Green Lantern prior to to events of Season 4?
#2. Was he born on the planet Xudar and, as such, his people are identified as Xudarians?
#3. Does he protect Space Sector 2813?
#4. Prior to becoming a Green Lantern, was he an accomplished scientist on his homeworld?
#5. How old is he, in terms of human biological equivalent years and in actual Earth years (assuming he is older than he actually looks)?
#6. Did he attempted to help save Krypton (which was in his space sector) and ultimately failed; just like in the comics?
#7. Does he have a son named Tomar-Tu?
In Regards to Earth-16's Kilowag:
#1. How long has he been a Green Lantern prior to to events of Season 4?
#2. Was he born on the planet Bolovax Vik and, as such, his people were identified as Bolovaxians; assuming that he is the only survivor like in the comics?
#3. Does he protect Space Sector 674?
#4. Prior to becoming a Green Lantern, what was his profession on his homeworld?
#5. How old is he, in terms of human biological equivalent years and in actual Earth years (assuming he is older than he actually looks)?
#6. Did his gain his Green Lantern ring after his predecessor, Branwilla (a female Bolovaxian), was killed (presumably in the line of duty)?
I have some questions about Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge:
1. How come M'Comm did not read Lor-Zod's mind when he is questioning him in the Time Sphere?
2. Given the fact that no Martians (not even Saturn Girl) would be able to detect his mind if Lor-Zod is in the Time Sphere, does that mean M'Comm's mind-reading would not have worked when he is in the Time Sphere with Lor-Zod and Mantis?
3. In the comics, the Time Sphere was created by Brainiac 5, who made an appearance in the episode in a flashback. In the Earth-16 universe, did Brainiac 5 also created the Time Sphere?
4. Who decided that Jason Spisak (voice of Wally) and Michael Kevin Richardson would again voice Razer and Kilowog, respectively?
5. Was Green Lantern: The Animated Series the reason you guys chose for them to reprise their roles?
1. Is the new young actor voicing Amistad actually autistic, or just that good an actor?
2. Why is Highfather's name Iyaza here when, in the comics, it's Izaya?
3. Since most of the Gargoyles voice actors have already appeared on Young Justice, are there any chances of Jonathan Frakes or Salli Richardson-Whitfield doing voices?
4. How likely is Earth-16 Peacemaker to break into dance when "Do You Really Wanna Taste It?" by Wig Wam hits?
Hello, Mr. Greg Weisman,
I technically enjoyed watching Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge. I like how the series are dealing with Razer. I enjoyed watching Green Lantern: The Animated Series on Cartoon Network all those years ago, which was also cancelled along with Young Justice much to the fans' disappointment.
I liked the story about Razer in that series. I remember seeing him at the end that there is a blue lantern ring coming up, which indicates had the series not gotten cancelled (along with Young Justice) Razer would been a Blue Lantern. I have wondered what Razer would have looked like as a Blue Lantern. But in episode 419, we see that Razer's red lantern appearance and civilian appearance is the exact same as the one in the Green Lantern animated series. I am guessing that had the series continued like Young Justice we would seen Razer in his blue lantern appearance and how he eventually discovered that both the red and blue lantern rings are perfect for him, am I correct?
Would we had as well as seen him in his appearance in both red and blue lantern form?
Razer was a character created specifically for the Green Lantern: the Animated Series, so why have you and the other decided to focus on Razer in Rocket's story arc?
How were you allowed to use him and his appearance as a Red Lantern and a civilian on his home planet?
Hi Greg. You've said before that when the show was first being created you weren't allowed to use certain characters which of course you later on were granted permission to use. My question is basically what would you have done if you never were allowed to use those characters? For the Wonder Girls of course other characters could fill those roles, and really you didn't need Ted Kord, but he was nice to have. But when it comes to Darkseid he became really an integral part of the show. His feud with Vandal Savage is one of the backbones of the show. Do you think the plot would be much different if he was still not allowed to be used? Or would things carry out with just someone else in his place?
Thanks for the response. Hoping we soon enough hear that Season 5 will be coming.
In regards to "Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge!":
#1. Now that we know that other the Lantern Corps DO exist in the Earth-16 universe (given the Red and Blue Lantern rings), should we assume that the oaths that each respective Lantern Corps are the same as in the comics?
#2. When Lor-Zod explained his origins, there was a mentioning of Jor-El's brother, Zor-El; who is Kal-El's paternal uncle. As such, does this mean that Kal-El's paternal cousin, Kara Zor-El, also exists in the Earth-16 universe?
#3. Since Krypton's destruction was the result of its red sun (which I assume is called Rao) exploding in the Earth-16 universe, does that mean that Jor-El's failed attempt to warn his people about Krypton's inevitable destruction is the same as in the comics?
#4. Just so I can understand correctly, it seems that Mon-El does not appear to exist in the original version of Earth-16's 31st century; prior to Lor-Zod's time travel. However, if the timeline changes enough in Earth-16's present era, does that mean that he will exist in the new version of the 31st century? The reason I am asking this question is because in the post-Rebirth era of DC Comics, Mon-El is a 31st Century descendant of the House of El, but he is also directly related to Zod's family; with Lor-Zod being his grandfather, and Lor-Zod's parents being his great-grandparents.
#5. This was the second mentioning that Superboy was supposed to be involved in a significant historical event that is supposed to happen in 2030. Now I'm assuming that this will NOT happen in Season 4; HOWEVER, is it safe to assume that this event is somehow connected to inevitable conflict that will occur between Vandal Savage and Darkseid?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How old is Ursa in universe 16 ? 2. How tall is Saturn girl in universe 16 ? 3 Did you ever consider Jeff Bennett for the voice of Tomar re before giving the role to Dee Bradley Baker instead?
Dear Mr Wiesman 1. How old are the universe !6 versions of Kilowog and Tomar re? 2. How old is the universe 16 version of Razor (thank you for bringing him back!) and how long have he and Metron known Each other? 3. Who Wrote the Birthday song Forager and B. F. ( my nickname for the Female version to avoid confusion) sing to jay Garrick Flash ? 4. In light of her work as a Comp. lit Professor has Artemis shown signs of Myopia recently ?
Based on the latest episode "Encounter Upon the Razor's Edge", does this mean that Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series share the same continuity?
I can't believe no one has asked this before, but I searched the archives and couldn't find it.
Was the Original Roy in the secret room in Cadmus for all of season 1?
If so, why was he not found when Superboy found the room? Did Superboy report absolutely none of what happened to the League to conceal the shields?
Obviously Guardian was controllable, but did Spence/Dubilex not think to go through and clear out the place at all?
Clearly the fact that they were knocked out in the finale suggests they were not so easily manipulated. (They may not have known who/what Roy was, but you'd think the similarities to their boss and the missing arm/human appearance would raise questions if they found him)
And why did the Light not move him before the finale, after Lex gave Superboy the shields? Seems like a pretty big loose end that they just left out there that could have unraveled their entire plan early.
In chronological order, what were the birth and death dates for each of Vandal Savage's family members?
Just so I can understand this correctly, the reason why the three members of Infinity Inc. were in Markovia and bowing to down to King Brion is because they were publicly disgraced by the media after Lex Luthor's secrets were publicly revealed at the United Nations, and the trio had nowhere else to go for safe haven?
Hey Greg, hope you're doing well and I believe as the time of me writing this question its your anniversary, so happy anniversary man. I wanted to ask you a question that has had its topic brought up before, but my question is somewhat different. I recently gave The Spectacular Spiderman a rewatch and have found a new love and appreciation for it, back when I was a kid I loved this show but now that I'm 16 it hit much harder being able to fully understand the story and its themes. You've truly created a master piece, and I was pretty much depressed for a couple of days after I found out it got cancelled and that its in some legal shark territory. However, in my obsession I was reviewing the contract made between Sony and Marvel and apparently Sony is allowed to make animated movies or episodes of Spiderman longer than 45 minutes. I've heard you had a spring break movie planned that was coming after season 2 and since technically Sony is allowed to do this I was wondering if there is any hope of the beloved show returning? Even if not a movie do you think Sony and Marvel could work out a deal or if Sony could license the tv rights from Marvel to finish the show? I'm no business executive and I don't know the finances and costs of this hypothetical dilemma but I would just love to see the show back. And well if the answer is a dead no or a slim chance, thanks anyways for creating my childhood and my favorite show of all time. (yes really)
In the Earth-16 universe...
#1. Is Fury's real name Erika Storn?
#2. Is Everyman's real name Hannibal Bates?
So this wasn't clear the last time I asked from your response but just to reiterate during Mad Hatter's mind control with nanobots we will continue to retain our personalities even if that means doing bad puns and innuendo based jokes despite us doing the things against our will like Livewire did when she fought against black lightning when under the control of mad hatter so like she may have wanted to do not fight black lightning but still couldn't help come of as confident and snark.
Did vandal savage ever consider cloning olympia?
Hello, Iâm a huge fan of young justice, and Iâm just concerned it will be end and there wonât be any lingering content from it. Things such as Superboy and Miss Martianâs relationship arenât really present in the comics. I love the world youâve made with these characters and I want them to enter the more mainstream view of the characters similar to how the Teen Titans show solidified so many peopleâs views on who the characters are.I was wondering if you had any plans on ending the show or if there was news on itâs renewal?
Were there any purist beside danuuth who continued to serve ocean master?
1. Over at the Young Justice Wiki there is a question as to If the Justice League (or the associated under teams) get any sort of Wage. You have previously mentioned a 'stipend', but did not elaborate. Could it be considered significant enough to call a Wage?
2. Could you be persuaded comment on This question and maybe a few others) on the Wiki itself?
Why is Highfather in this universe called Iyaza, while in the comics he's called Izaya?
Was that a conscious name change for the character or was it an error to late to change?
Any news on spectacular spider man and I know you get this question a lot, me and my girlfriend were fans of the show
In the comics, Mark Desmond has a brother named Roland Desmond, and a mother named Joyce Elizabeth Desmond. As such where is Mark's brother and mother in the Earth-16 universe?
FYI - just because someone is critical about how the show has changed to focus on social issues doesn't mean they're racist or homophobic. While there is a vocal minority that is just mad about seeing diversity in a superhero show, more often than not, what people mean is that the focus on social issues is coming at the expense of telling a good story and/or it feels like you're trying to address too many issues and it's coming off as performative.
How old is Psycho-Pirate and what's his origin story?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Poison Ivy:
#1. Is her full name Pamela Lillian Isley?
#2. Was she born in the state of Washington?
#3. In comparison to the comics (both in pre-Flashpoint and post-Flashpoint DC Comics mainstream continuities), what were the exact circumstances that ultimately led to her transformation into Poison Ivy in the Earth-16 universe?
#4. Is she bisexual?
#5. Prior to becoming Poison Ivy, and presumably during her time in college (which I assume she attended in Seattle), was she ever in a relationship with a man named Marc Legrand (a teacher), or with a woman named Bella Garten (an eco-terrorist who eventually becomes a supervillain called The Gardener)?
Has anyone ever been benched from the Team before? (aside from Halo)
Did the Injustice Society existed in the Earth-16 universe? If so, who were the members of this group?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Mister Freeze:
#1. Before he became a criminal, was he formally a cryogeneticist? Also, how long did he work in this profession?
#2. Was his wife's name Nora Fields-Fries, and did she had a terminal illness; like in the comics? If true, then what was the name of that illness in the Earth-16 universe; assuming the illness is not the same that her other counterparts in the multiverse have?
#3. In order to save his wife, did he place her in cryostasis until a cure could be found?
#4. Was he caught in an accident that covered him in cryo-fluid that disfigured and mutated him; causing him to no longer live outside of sub-thermal temperatures?
#5. Was a man named Ferris Boyle directly responsible for the circumstances that led to Victor's path toward villainy?
#6. At present in-universe, what is the current status of Victor's wife, and is the search for a cure to her illness still on-going?
#1. How old is General Dru-Zod?
#2. Is his wife's name Ursa or Faora? If the latter, is her full name Faora Hu-Ul; like in the comics? Also, how old is she?
#3. Was Lor-Zod born on Krypton or in the Phantom Zone? If the latter, and assuming time has no meaning there, what year was he born?
Is Superboy (Kon-El/Conner Kent) considered to be the second adoptive son of Jonathan and Martha Kent; presumably since in-between the events of Seasons One and Two of Young Justice?
#1. What are the names of Perdita's parents?
#2. Just to confirm, Count Vertigo is Perdita's maternal uncle because he and Perdita's mother are siblings, correct? The reason I ask is because, in the Young Justice Wiki, Count Vertigo is referred to as Perdita's maternal uncle in his own character page, while Perdita is referred to as Count Vertigo's sororal niece on her own character page. I mean, what does that mean?
#3. When Miss Martian learned that Garfield and Perdita broke up, and Miss Martian talked to Perdita off-screen, did Miss Martian had to explain to Perdita that Garfield's self-destructive behavior was because of how badly he had likely been affected by Superboy's death on Mars (which I assume that Perdita was NOT aware of at all)? As such, do you think that Perdita would be able to forgive Garfield for his behavior if Miss Martian explains to her why he is acting the way that he is?
Does Gar view J'onn J'onzz as Family? If so does Gar view J'onn as an Uncle?
Given that Amanda Waller tried create her own Justice League of America in The New 52, what are the chances that the Earth-16 version of Amanda Waller might eventually attempt to do the same?
1 How did chian react when it was revealed Arion was really orm
2 Did ocean master desire his seat on the light back before his second death?
3 Was orm genuinely apologetic over his actions to the light?
4 Was the reason the light decided to resurrect orm for project thrinos because they have no other atlantean agent?
5 Was chian punished for supporting arion(orm) claim to the throne
Every enforcer of the light had no superpowers was this intentional or just coincidence?
1. Was part of the reason Gabrielle took the bribe from Bedlam that she wanted to help her family get out of Qurac faster? I know Halo said she didn't know what was going on, but from the little we know of her and her family, Gabrielle doesn't seem like the greedy type, and while I expect the King and Queen pay their people a decent wage it probably wasn't 'get visas and plane tickets for two people ASAP' money, and it seems like that'd be an easy way for someone like Bedlam to manipulate a scared fifteen year old.
2. Are there ground rules on things you keep to when adapting characters? I love seeing what changes YJ makes for its own versions of the characters, but it does make me wonder if there are any, if not official rules, then guidelines you guys stick to for what you do or don't change? Like, Delphis is Indian now, but still gets the white hair and blue eyes, or how Halo kept (more or less) both their names from the comics, but switched around. And on the other hand, Mist's name and appearance seem entirely new, as far as I can tell. In other words, how do you decide what can be changed and what has to be kept to keep a character connected to their counterpart? Is it case-by-case as characters turn up in the story?
3. And as a follow up, have you ever had DC look at a new version of a character and say that you changed too many things, or that you have to include some trait in particular that wasn't in the first draft? Aside from the obvious character-you-can't-specify who can't be made explicitly gay.
4. Did Psimon do any mental tweaking of Orm-in-Arion so that he'd be more agreeable and less likely to hold a grudge over being beheaded?
5. Not a question, but I'm numbering it as one to be on the safe side, but back in October you said "And as for Paula, at some point, I clearly had a reason to state that she wasÂ Â biracialÂ . I honestly don't remember why, but I reserve the right to remember again at a later date." It may have been to make Artemis' genetics work? Since blonde hair is recessive, she would have needed to get it from both of her parents, so Paula would have needed a blonde parent (or grandparent) to inherit the gene from. Or, anyways, that's what I figured when I saw the answer in https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=21311.
Just curious, what was your thought process on selecting the initial members of the Justice League for Young Justice? Were there any characters that you wanted to put on that initial League lineup but decided against?
Also, how were you able to resist the urge to add one extra member and make the League's starting roster the sacred 16?
When Lagoon Boy encounters Aqualad in the episode "Alienated", he is the only one who does not show him sympathy or try to reason with him because he believed that Kaldur was a lost cause who's beyond reason or redemption after believing that he truly had betrayed King Orin and the Team right?
1) Why is Catwoman: Hunted âYoung Justice adjacentâ and not set on Earth-16?
2) Is there any possibility of a direct to video Young Justice/Earth-16 movie?
(Loved Catwoman: Hunted btw!)
It's my understanding that Outsiders was meant to be an allegory for the Syrian refugee crisis. So can you explain your reasoning behind the choice to have Gabrielle take a bribe to let an assassin into the castle? A refugee that commits a crime, betrays the country that showed her mercy, and gets her benevolent white saviors killed doesn't exactly elicit sympathy for refugees (or immigrants in general.) In fact, it supports the case for not taking in displaced people by feeding into the false narratives surrounding people fleeing from Muslim countries.
Was the idea that Halo becoming a hero would make up for Gabrielle's actions? If that's the case, I don't think that works because Halo is not a refugee or Quraci or Muslim, so she does nothing to redeem those demographics in the audience's eyes.
Did either Spoiler or Orphan go by the Batgirl mantle before taking their current respective names?
Breaking up such a popular and beloved ship as Chalant is, to bring in such an overused to death and boring ship as Dickbabs is, was honestly the worst decision you and your team made regarding this show.
Knowing that there are still people upset for that decision, and the amount of fans that still love and want Chalant to get back together, may I ask you, 1) Why did you choose Dickbabs over Chalant ?
2) Why did you totally ignore Dick Graysonâs history and journey with the Titans to make it all about Batfamily ? Knowing that the Titans are such an important part of his character, or, wait, didnât you know ?
Hi Greg ! Hope you're fine !
I recently discovered a post where you said you were thinking about including covid pandemic in YJ. Don't you think it would be impossible and illogical ?
Because in season 1, for instance, the team has created a vaccine that countered a starro-tech in some days. So whipping out a virus like that would take hours in YJ world...
In the Earth-16 universe, does Vandal Savage have a daughter named Kassidy "Kass" Savage (who is an FBI profiler) and a son named Angelo Bend (who is also known as Angle Man)?
In chronological order of Vandal Savage's millennia-long history, what were all the major aliases he took on, how long did he maintain each of those aliases for, what were his major/personal accomplishments that he made during his time as each of his aliases, and how did he fake his death for each of his aliases; whether natural or otherwise?
Aside from taking on various aliases throughout history, did Vandal Savage also worked from behind-the-scenes and tried to secretly manipulate and steer numerous people of various expertise towards the direction of his grand vision for Earth in order to further advance/evolve the planet and fulfill his overall goal?
If Vandal Savage was once known as Blackbeard the Pirate, then that would also mean that he would've been known by the other name Edward Teach, correct?
In regards to Vandal Savage's two sons, Jochi and Tolui:
#1. Is their mother's name Borte?
#2. What are their powers and how exactly do they work?
#3. Did they ever knew about their father's true name and his origins and millennia-long history, or did they only know him as Temujin/Genghis Khan?
#4. Aside from their encounter with the forces of Apokolips in which they clearly survived, did they live and die in a similar manner to their counterparts in our world? If not, what differences were there?
#1. Is the full name of Raquel's son Amistad Augustus Ervin?
#2. Is Noble Davis the man that Raquel married during/after the events of Season Two?
#3. Why does Raquel not go by Raquel Ervin-Davis in the Earth-16 universe? I mean, what exactly happened between her and Noble?
#4. Considering their mentor-protege relationship, did Raquel ever named Icon (Augustus Freeman) as Amistad's godfather after Amistad was born?
What day did Queen Bee's invasion of Qurac take place?
When was Robotman revived?
Did he join the Justice League? And if so, when?
#1. If Cheshire had not introduced Lian to Red Arrow in Season 2, would he have sank down even lower to the point of potentially committing suicide due to his inability to locate Speedy for five years?
#2. Just so I can understand correctly, Cheshire's fear of Lian potentially becoming exactly like herself caused her to become suicidal to the point that she tried to get herself killed by someone else's hand before Artemis finally talked her out of it?
In the timeline where the Reach successfully took over Earth, are all the members of the Justice League and the Team dead? If so, was it in part due to the disastrous outcome of the undercover mission that was secretly created by Aqualad and Nightwing; which likely resulted in massive distrust amongst the heroes? If not, then what was the actual reason for their deaths?
Previously, Bear was the only member of the Forever People whose real name was confirmed by you as Tabore-Kadan. However, my personal assumption is that this name is specifically based on the language of the New Gods when not translated into English. As such, for the other members of the Forever People, what are their real names?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of Orion's biological mother, is her name Tigra; like in the comics? Also, what is her age; both as a human biological equivalent and in actual Earth years (since the New Gods are actually older than they look)?
In the Earth-16 universe, is the name of Darkseid's signature attack called "Omega Beams," which are red, target seeking beams that continuously follow their target until they finally reach and instantly kills and completely disintegrates their target (unless the target has some resistance to it)?
#1. When and how did Orin first met Mera?
#2. Was Mera originally sent by her father to kill Orin like in the comics; if so, then why did she not follow through with her mission?
#3. When did Orin and Mera get married?
In the Earth-16 universe, was Orin born in Amnesty Bay; a small coastal town located in Maine?
Question about the Atlantian states and their level of independence. Could they, if so inclined, open their own embassies and conduct official relationships with other nations?
Like, as a silly example, if Sha'ark wanted to open an embassy in Australia, negotiate participation in the Olympics, have Nanueve join the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, or have a state team participate in the FIFA world cup, which, if any, would he legally have the power to do and which is the exclusive right of Poseidonis?
How is Jay Garrick still alive? He was born in 1918, doesn't that make him over 100? I know Joan died but I'm surprised he is able to still be in the Justice League.
1) By any chance have you and/or Brandon Vietti watched or heard of a Japanese animated film called Belle (2021 film)?
2) If you have then do you agree that Justin (one of the film's antagonists) and his gang (Who deserve the name Justice Jerks) are false heroes who are ignoble, unjust, and villainous unlike the Justice League and that it would be better if they were somehow replaced by a group of As (Another Self) who are truly heroic.
3) Would any of the young superheroes of Young Justice (TV Series) be interested in watching Belle (2021 film) and maybe like it?
Something I have always wondered, while you guys did the 5 year gap and got the show to be as vastly developed and to be as diverse as it is know. I have been very curious however about why not do two gaps and no I don't mean any offence or trying to criticize you, it's just I wonder like if you had done the second season during year 2/3 introduce Jason, Tula, Garth, Freddie and Mary as members of the team along with new jl member Ted Kord. And then do your usual story arc and then skip after that to Invasion with season 3 as it is would not the shock factor of how much we lost during the time be greater. Cause for me there would have been two risks for me if I had to jump to year 6 directly one alienating the audience who watched season 1 since I recall a lot of my friends not realising until way later that Nightwing is Robin from season 1 and also the missed opportunities like I always felt why skip to year 6 which now in retrospective seems odd to me since to me the the time/year depicted in the seasons as of season 4 are 0,6,8,10. This number sequence for someone since the gaps are not uniform makes me a little curious. Was season 2 made to be like a proof of concept like look here it is not jub about the original character but also the whole earth-16. Like why not keep a uniform pacing. Once again I am not trying to tell you messed up or did something wrong or disagree with you because I think in a lot of ways it seems a great choice to do season 2 the way you guys did and I would honestly not have it any other way. But I am still curious about your thought process like what convinced you and Brandon to do it this way was it because you guys wanted to adapt the invasion, or did you worry that doing a season during year 3 and then going to year 6 will make you miss out the shock factor of aging heroes you got from the audience. Or was it simply that the story during year 3 was less interesting based on the timeline you made. I don't know how clear I have been with my question but I do think one advantage you did get was the mystery of what happened during the five years to drive the plot forward. Anyways hope you have a good day and really hoping for a season 5 and 6 and 7 and just however many you can/want to do.
Now in an interview you revealed Artemis liked the Kingsman the Secret Service, so
1) Did Wally like this film.
2) Did Artemis watch this film with Wally.
3) Now you also said Artemis didn't like the second as much as the first one, the second movie was one she watched post Endgame assuming the movie released on Earth 16 the same time it released for us. Was it sad for her to watch this film or something that made her long for the past and made her nostalgic/melancholic seeing as the movie was just not as good as before and one she couldn't discuss with Wally.
4) Would Wally have liked this film.
Hi Greg! Recently, Polygon published an article diving into what media M'gann, Artemis, Gar, and Klarion enjoy watching and reading when they're not "saving the world or dealing with their trauma." It's a very fun read, but it got me thinking about the favorite shows, movies, and books about some of the other characters.
What media do the other members of the Team Year Zero crew enjoy when they're not on duty as heroes?
Wow, Mr. Weisman. You've outdone yourself now. Truly remarkable storytelling. I haven't seen such an accurate portrayal of Autism in any TV show before. Why did you should to include every textbook Autistic behaviour? Were you afraid some Aspie would feel left out? On behalf of the Discord community we thank thee sir, for noticing us. In only 18 episode I've seen all my friends so accurately represented I actually cried. The depressed, the gays, the confused, the depraved, the terrorists, and now the mentally disabled. I'm crossing my fingers that the next Arc will reveal Red Hood to transition into female. Only then will will have EVERY woke box checked. I for two (I'm a they/them) am ecstatic that you throw the superhero shtick out the window and focus on what it really matters in a superhero show: politics and representation! This is what made seasons one and two so popular and why we campaigned to have more seasons! And disregard the very small homophobic and biased minority of the fandom that calls you a boomer dad who's tackling issues he has no business addressing. We are all outsiders!
1. What year did J'emm almost get married?
2. What year did Jason Blood last summon Etrigan prior to episode 10 of YJ Phantoms?
3. What year did Merlin bond Jason and Etrigan?
4. What year did Orin first come to Atlantis?
5. What year were the Arion and Orm clones made?
Hello Mr. Weisman,
As I'm sure you've noticed from some of the hateful comments you have received, LGBT rights are a sensitive issue in the Muslim world. We absolutely need more queer Muslim rep, because we do exist and have existed throughout history, but I believe it needs to be handled by someone knowledgable about the subject who can accurately portray the identity and defend themselves against the fundamentalist crowd.
With all due respect, based on Violet Harper's portrayal, I am not sure if you're the best person to do that. How knowledgeable are you about this topic? Do you know the reasons why the Muslim world is currently so anti-LGBT and the history of how we arrived at this point? Do you know what Wahhabism and Deobandi Islam is? Do you know the scriptures that people cite to support their hateful stance and how to refute their argument? Do you know what the Hadith is? Do you know the details about the oppression LGBT Muslims experience in their countries? Do you know about the Islamophobia LGBT Muslims experience in Western countries from their queer white peers? Do you know what a big deal it is to have an LGBT Muslim character on a show and how crucial it is to get it right? Are you willing to learn about all these things in order to improve any LGBT Muslim characters you may create in the future?
If not, do you not think the reins should be handed to someone more knowledgable about this perspective? You have to understand, this is a matter of life or death in some parts of the world. It needs to be handled with care. Otherwise, the fundamentalist movement will seize the opportunity to decry it as Western propaganda bastardizing Islam and use it to stir up anger.
do you and Brandon have a checklist of demographics you need to hit this season to score the most woke points? because that's honestly what it feels like at times. i am all for diversity but it does no one any favors when it comes off forced and at the detriment of the story. not only does it give fuel to the alt right trolls who claim that diversity is ruining entertainment but you can actually end up being more offensive by shoehorning uninteresting characters in just for the sake of diversity.
When we complained about the character imbalance in season 2 you had repeatedly said that you were limited by the number of episodes and that if you guys had the time you would eventually shine the spotlight on everyone and supporting characters could one day become leads of future seasons. A lot of us had taken that to mean that if the show came back we would learn more about the underdeveloped characters in season 2 especially since you set up things like Bart becoming Kid Flash Static getting mentored by Black Lightning and joining the team and Robin and Wonder Girl dating...we are on season 4 and we still do not know anything about Tim or Cassie...their personalities or how they got started or their relationships with their mentors...because we just HAD to see Halo and Forager go to school and see Halo makeout with Harper? They do not need to be main characters to show a little something about them. Like we still do not know if Tim lives with his dad or if Bruce has adopted him or if Bruce considers him a son or not. If we just had one episode that centered on them and answered that question it would be satisfying. It was a huge letdown after I had campaigned to bring this show back for a literal decade to see the team demoted to glorified extras. My question is even if you got unlimited seasons how could you possibly shine the spotlight on everyone if you are adding new characters every single episode?
Dear Mr Wiesman 1. How old is Celestia and how long has she served as a Captain of the guard in Super town? 2.Does Em'ree enjoy her job at Star labs and since coming to earth do She and Miss Martian both wear Baseball or newsgirl caps on occasion? 3. How old is the Penguin on earth 16 ( my favorite Batman villain thanks to Burgess Meredith and Paul Williams respectively) 4 How old is two face on Earth 16 good luck with the rest of season 4 and i can't wait to meet universe 16's Tomar Re when the Green lanterns arrive!
Hi Greg! Hope your day is going well, and that you're working on the Season 5 I'm praying gets greenlit. But even if TPTB haven't yet, I still can't thank you, Brandon, and the whole team enough for the incredible four seasons you've given us. PHANTOMS has been a total blast and I'm ecstatic that the tie-in comics are returning in June with TARGETS (on my birthday no less!). And rest assured, if someone was silly enough to make the mistake of NOT greenlighting Season 5 by the time you're getting to this question, the fandom is working hard to fix that mistake.
Now, for my question, I'm following up on something that I've touched on a couple of times before but that still isn't clear to me. Hopefully, me asking again won't be too annoying considering the 1000-plus questions you've been gracious enough to answer since I last inquired.
Here's what you've told us: Katana began her heroic career in Japan in 2013. She joined the Justice League around December 2017. You've also told us that Hardware began his heroic career in 2015. He joined the Justice League around December 2017. In addition, you confirmed that Batman's Z-designations were based on the order in which the heroes joined the Justice League.
However, when you unveiled the Z-designations, Hardware was Z-04 and Katana was Z-05, despite the latter preceding the former in terms of heroic debut. Based on your previous explanations of how the heroes' designations get decided, it's based on when they debuted as heroes. So Katana being after Hardware would suggest she debuted AFTER him, despite what you've previously confirmed.
So, my question: was Katana's designation assignment based on when she debuted in America? Is any of the information I've recounted above incorrect? Or is there some flaw in my logic I'm not seeing?
I understand that this question could seemingly touch upon unrevealed JL designations, but I promise that's not what I'm after. You've already revealed that Katana and Hardware joined the League the same month, so my question is really just trying to hit on the logic of the heroic debuts than the designations themselves.
Thanks as always for your time and incredible creativity with this world. It has kept me invested for about a decade now. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Have you ever considering writing "Tales from the Dark Multiverse" type of stories for the Earth-16 universe? For example, would you ever write a story showing a version of what the Earth-16 universe would have looked like if Terra remained loyal to the Light and successfully killed Beast Boy in the Season 3 finale?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Peacemaker:
#1. Is his full name Christopher "Chris" Smith?
#2. Exactly when and where was he born?
#3. What are the names of his family members and what are their relationships to him? Also, are they currently alive or deceased in the Earth-16 universe?
#4. When did he decide to become a superhero and how did he come up with the name of "Peacemaker"?
#5. Did he ever enlist in the United States Army; if so, what was his rank?
Ocean master stated that he understood Why the light had him killed as he was out of control, but did he still hold any grudges against lady Shiva for his death?
Kudos first of all for the amazing wealth of characters we've been introduced to since "Outsiders". Any one of these main characters like Dolphin (Delphise), Halo, Windfall, Orphan, Terra (Tara), etc., seems like they could build a spin-off mini-series (3-4 episodes) all their own. I'm aware of an Aqualad series already in the pipes, but do you want to keep the Young Justice series alive in the way I have described? Possibly a version called "Young Justice: New Blood", or something, that follows forward with the "Phantoms" concept, where several mini-series are sown together?
Thanks really for the inspiration you've been thus far. I was a huge, HUGE fan of "Gargoyles" from the very beginning, and was sad to see the series fade. You've helped me write quite a lot of fan-fiction. =) Thanks for your reply.
One of the best and most creative guidelines of the show is the Designation numbers, it is through them that I can get a good idea of ââhow the teams are formed.
With that in mind and without giving us spoilers, could you at least reveal some designation numbers from the teams members that have already been revealed? Like Katana from the Justice League, Orphan from the Team and Wonder Girl from the Outsiders?
Hi, Greg! Hope you're doing well. My questions this time are about Red Tornado.
1. Was he inducted to the Justice Society the same year he was born (ie, 1948)?
2. You've revealed previously that he was deactivated for a long time between his tenure with the JSA and his induction to the Justice League. What year was he deactivated?
3. What year was he reactivated?
4. Gonna toe the spoiler line, but... who reactivated RT?
Thanks for your time.
I m loving this season so much! I think this might be my favorite even if it's not over yet.
My questions deals with Mary and magic users in general
1. When Mary used the stamina of atlas spell in episode 11, did it work? She didn't tap into the earth ley lines or absorb any kind of power and there was no visual effect when she said it.
2. What are Khalid powers? Are they nature based?
3. Does Mary have to continuously tap into the earth ley lines/absorb power for every spell?
4. Can Zatanna cast more than one spell at once? For example, can she say "etativel" and then "Dleihs" and she'll be levitating in the air with a shield around her.
5. My last question does have anything to do with magic but I just wanted to know in episode 9 was that Mary, Khalid, and Traci first time training together?
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I hope what I'm asking is clear.
Hello Mr. Weisman. I have a few questions about the latest episode of Young Justice Season 4.
1. Why did you choose Ben Diskin to play Orion in Young Justice? (I was expecting someone new)
2. Who is Lor-Zod? (Iâm very unfamiliar with this new character)
#1. When Ra's al Ghul was a hero, what was he called?
#2. Did Ra's al Ghul go by other names throughout his long life; much like Vandal Savage did? If so, what are some examples of famous names that he used throughout history?
#3. How many times had Ra's al Ghul been married in his long life? Other than Talia, did he had any other children (and possibly grandchildren) from his other marriages?
#4. How and when did Ra's al Ghul learned about and discovered the Lazarus Pits?
#5. Since his real name is presumably lost to history (or perhaps he threw it away to cut off all ties to his past), how exactly did Ra's al Ghul come to gain his current name?
Whose paying for the Premiere Building in Hollywood since Granny Goodness had been publicly outed in Season 3? Is it Bruce Wayne, or someone else?
Since some DC Comics characters on Earth-16 are from Charlton Comics and Milestone Comics, when are we going to see DC Comics characters from Wildstorm Comics and Vertigo Comics?
In the end credits scene of âBeyond the Grip of the Gods!," was the mentioning of China by Superman meant to hint/indicate the presence of the Justice League of China in the Earth-16 universe? If true, then I would like to tell you now that I would honestly be very interested in their eventual Earth-16 debut.
The newest episode had some great new voice actors!
Can you tell us how you cast G.K. Bowes, Nika Futterman, Kurtis Mansfield, Phil Morris?
After the Arion clone was killed by the Lords of Order, were the Atlantean people ever told the truth about the origins of the clone sometime after Mera was crowned High King of Atlantis?
When Dinah Lance developed her sonic scream in first grade...
#1. Did she almost caused her teacher's and classmates' ears to bleed; in addition to nearly deafening them.
#2. How did her parents react to this incident and how did they help her deal with the guilt of her own actions?
After watching the first episode of Raquel's arc, I am eagerly awaiting the rest of her arc! It's looking to be another great one! In this episode, we officially find out that Amistad is autistic (many of us knew beforehand, from that interview with Denise Boutte months prior), marking another time that Young Justice has made history in terms of representation in superhero media. It's honestly so exciting the amount of doors you guys are opening!
I do want to know, though. Was Amistad being autistic all part of the original plan back in Season One, or was it something you and Brandon decided on when in development of Outsiders and then Phantoms?
While I am more than certain Violet coming out as non-binary and La'gaan being in a polyamorous relationship is the result of Young Justice moving to DC Universe and then HBO Max, where censorship is (to a point) non-existent when compared to Cartoon Network, I can't say the same for Amistad's autism. While I assume the subject of neurodivergence wasn't considered AS taboo a subject back then, I am curious if (assuming this was all planned from the start) you guys making him openly autistic (rather than hinting at it like you would with a character's sexuality back then, if that makes sense) would have been a problem for the network.
Either way, though, I am beyond happy with what's been represented so far this season. Kudos!
I just had a thought.
We say Karen (Bumblebee) give her daughter the meta-gene in Outsiders. (Which I'm sure will come back to bite her, but that is another story and will told another time.) However, does this not mean that it is theoretically possible for someone to artificially manufacture meta-humans on a large scale? I guess the only practical obstacle would be that you'd a whole lot of Bumblebees? Could this be done?
1. How old is Lightray?
2. How old is Noble Davis?
3. How old is Orion?
1. How old is Elaine Jackson?
2. How old is Highfather?
3. How old is Highmother?
4. How old is Jovita?
5. How old is Kreetin?
1. How old is All-Widow?
2. How old is AntinoÃ¶s?
3. How old is Celestia?
4. How old is Dru-Zod?
5. How old is Lor-Zod?
Once Superman and Black Lightning fully establish the Justice League reserves system, will its members get their own designation set? If this is true, then I assume this will become the R-series (which would logically make sense, in my own honest opinion)?
Who are the two characters on the screen blocked by Black Lightning and Superman's heads during the end credits of Beyond the Grip of the Gods?
I can't believe it! General Zod (Dru-Zod) and Lor-Zod?! The hidden message for Season 4 makes sense now; it is "INVITATION TO KNEEL BEFORE ZOD." Also, now that it is clear that Lor-Zod's ethnicity is the Kryptonian equivalent of an African-American human male in the Earth-16 universe, I suspect this also applies to General Zod as well and, as such, I suspect this change from the comics was inspired by the short-lived Syfy TV series, "Krypton" and that show's depiction of the House of Zod.
When was Amistad diagnosed with autism?
In Beyond the Grip of the Gods!, Ma'alefa'ak takes on the form of someone named Graggin. Graggin was a minor character in the comics, so on Earth-16 (or Apokolips-16) is there a real Graggin Ma'alefa'ak was impersonating, or is it just an identity he made up?
Hi Greg. I had a question about Rocket and Amistad. Did you have someone who is knowledgeable when it comes to Autism help you write Amistads character surrounding his Autism? Could you possibly explain the process in which you guys went about the writing for his character and how Rocket was handling it as well?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How old is Lor zod and how long have He and Dark side known each other? 2. How old is Forager (female version not the one from the outsiders) 3. How old is General Zod and why didn't he tell Superboy to ''Kneel before Zod'' when they first meet? 4 How are All widow and light ray? ps I love both Nika flutterman's Preformance as the female Forager and the cute Moutain hive larvas
In the comics, the brought Wally back, are you guys also planning to bring him back?
1. Why are the Red Martians not discriminated against like the White Martians are, since they are even less of them than the White, wouldn't the Greens just think they are better than all others? And if the Reds were conquerors wouldn't the Greens be bitter against this or is there some political, economic, religious or some other reason that they are not?
2. What advantages did the Red Martians have over the other more numerous Martians? Was it divide and conquer tactics, better use of Martian powers, more sorcerers than the others all of the above and/or something else?
3. And why are the White Martians discriminated against in general on Mars? Was it because of past wars, they had resources the other martians wanted and cruelty was the justification for it or is it something else?
Hey, Greg! I'm not sure if these are spoilers or not, but there are a few things I have questions about.
1. Do you think that Ra's Al Ghul is on good terms with The Light? As Vandal wished to invite him to the War World during the Child Arc, I'm curious.
2. In season 2, Black Beetle said removing the Scarab from Jaime would kill him. Since the destruction of Green Beetle's scarab didn't kill him, was this due to his stronger Martian physiology?
3. Will Nightwing be getting an arc in Season 4?
4. Is the crack in Dr. Fate's helmet an indicator that it could break completely? If so, what would happen if Dr. Fate's helmet completely shattered?
5. Last question! I'm curious as to Beast Boy's relationship with the Doom Patrol, showing he was close with them all. Did he leave the Team in order to join them while they were still alive?
I wish to confirm if the following is true about the Legion of Superheroes on Earth-16.
#1. Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen) is one of the founding members of the Legion of Superheroes; along with Cosmic Boy (Rokk Krinn) and Lightning Lad (Garth Ranzz). We must also assume that these three individuals learned about Superboy (Kon-El/Conner Kent) during their first visit to Earth and were therefore inspired by his life-changing actions over the course of history; starting with his speech in the United Nations in 2019; where he publicly came out as a Genomorph and clone of Superman and Lex Luthor.
#2. The Legion of Superheroes is the official name of the team and is identified publicly as such in the 31st century; all individuals who are members of the team are identified as Legionnaires.
#3. Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo) and Chameleon Boy (Reep Daggle) are most likely relatively new members of the Legion of Superheroes; they probably joined sometime between a couple of months to a year prior. The assumption is that, in the Earth-16 universe, the Legion of Superheroes have been around in the 31st century for only a few years and, as such, its current roster is probably much smaller in comparison to its other counterparts in the multiverse.
#4. In the 31st century, the Legion of Superheroes are publicly well-known heroes. However, when it comes time-traveling missions, such missions are considered covert due to the delicate nature of the timeline and the risks/dangers of potentially altering history.
#5. Based on their ages, the Legion of Superheroes consists of teenage superheroes from several planets and alien races.
#6. Presumably, the threat to Superboy's life by the time-traveling saboteur was likely identified by the Legionnaire Brainiac 5 (Querl Dox). We can assume that he identified the two points in time where Superboy's life was in danger and therefore directed Saturn Girl's team to those two points in time.
I apologize if is comes off as a spoiler request, but who is the fourth Green Lantern in the League?
Come to think of it, who's the second Flash in the League?
When did they join?
What skin icons do Lori Lemaris and Blubber have?
What skin icons do the following characters have:
What skin icons do the following characters have:
1. Orm (the real one)
are some of the characters from Young Justice in the autism spectrum?
Just to clarify when outsiders started no asked for Muslim representations but you chose to put a "Muslim " character and then that's how you dug yourself into your current hole with the muslim misrepresentation. Again love your and support your story style disagree with your liberal beliefs. With all due respect how are you planning to dig yourself out of this predicament?
Why did you have Earth-16's Stargirl join the Outsiders instead of having her start up a modern-day Justice Society of America?
How would you feel if a show you like announced they were going to add its first Jewish character but then it turned out it was actually a non Jewish ghost possessing the body of a dead Jewish man who has all of the stereotypical Jewish features and wears a kippah all the time for no reason? Oh and also none of the writers are Jewish so the identity is not explored in any meaningful way even though the character is visibly coded as such? Would you be happy about that?
When Barbara lost mobility in her legs due to her injury caused by Orphan, what was the exact amount of time that it took for her to go through her five stages of grief in regards to dealing with the fact that she would likely never be able to walk again? Also, who specifically helped/supported her through this difficult time and how did each person helped her?
As of the time of this posting, I've just looked on the internet and learned of the six-issue series called "Young Justice: Targets." Not only has this series has been confirmed to take place after the fourth season, but preview images indicate that Superboy will come back home and Beast Boy will apparently be in better mental health by the time the fourth season ends. So why were these revelations spoiled so soon?
Hello Greg! I know you've been getting a lot of questions on-and-off about the subject of sexuality within Young Justice, so I understand if answering can be a bit cumbersome and/or repetitive. Feel free to ignore, should you wish!
1. For the character that you cannot reveal to be gay either on-screen or off-screen, are they theoretically out of the closet in-universe?
2. Do you consider a character's respective sexuality a spoiler? I ask because way back when, you've answered No Spoilers to some of these types of questions, but recently you've been far more forthcoming on this aspect (and for that, I do thank you!). The most recent being for Ed, who you revealed is gay. You've done the same for Kate Kane and Renee Montoya, but those two are naturally a given considering their sexuality in the comics. I guess this all boils down to whether youâd consider a normally heterosexual character being queer on Earth-16 a spoiler or not. For example, prior to Nautical Twilight, had someone asked, would you have revealed that Laâgaan is bisexual?
3. To continue from my second question, in a somewhat recent ask, someone asked whether or not more recent changes to previously-straight characters in the mainstream comics (ex: Wonder Woman, Alan Scott, Tim Drake, Jon Kent) would affect their depictions moving forward on the show, and you said that a character like Alan Scott could theoretically be gay but have been in the closet and had heterosexual relationships given the era he grew up in. Can this be taken as confirmation that Alan Scott on Earth-16 is or was gay?
4. I suppose you could leave this open to our individual interpretations, but in the first episode of Phantoms, Harper was worried that Cullen might spill the beans on their new super-family with the Carrs and Mâgann and Conner. Regarding his reply of being able to keep a secret, and her acceptance of this fact, I am curious if this was a nod to his sexuality? Given their backstory of being from an abusive home, I imagine Cullen never felt comfortable enough to come out with his father but his new life with the Carrs has granted him (and by extension, Harper) that freedom. So I guess this question is just one big preamble to: was that scene in reference to Cullen recently coming out, assuming his sexuality is unaltered from the comics?
5. Not a question (mostly because I fear my word vomit might have put me over the edge of the five question limit), but this is just me thanking you and Brandon and the YJ crew for choosing to depict the world like it really is. I know that many people unfortunately donât like the stance you guys are taking on the subject (or that youâre addressing it at all), so I just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart that I have never felt the happiness that I felt when watching this latest season before in any form of media, especially superhero media. Again, thank you.
how old is alex xanatos and what is he doing with his life?
In the comics, Mera has a twin sister named Hila; who goes by the supervillain name, Siren. As such...
#1. Does Hila also exists in the Earth-16 universe?
#2. Would Hila's full name be Hila Nereus in the Earth-16 universe?
#3. What is the in-universe explanation for Hila's lack of any appearances thus far in the Earth-16 universe?
Is Coral's baby a boy or a girl? Also, what is the child's name?
In the Earth-16 universe, if a magic user (like Zatanna or Klarion, for example) were to say a backwards spell to either kill/murder someone or to cause themselves to commit suicide (with the latter assuming that it is being done out of grief that they cannot emotionally recover from), would such a spell actually work, or would it not; assuming such an act would be considered forbidden or something?
Gotta say when it comes to Bonkers I really like and love the Miranda Wright era episodes more, and love Miranda' coolness towards his antics I really wished there was more of them during the time in the 90s, were more episodes planned for Miranda like say Bonkers teaching her more on toon antics?
"Leviathan Wakes" was a magnificent conclusion to an already stellar arc, and a lot of that has to come down to Khary Payton's superb script. And I was all the more surprised to learn afterword that it was apparently his scriptwriting debut!
Just curious how that came about. I know he's been a collaborative partner in developing Kaldur's character over the years, but where did the idea for him penning a full script originate? Did Khary offer, did you and Brandon offer it to him, or somewhere in the middle?
Regardless, can't really argue the results. The final scene with Kaldur and Dinah is HAUNTING. Clearly, Khary was taking full advantage of knowing how he'd deliver those lines as he wrote them.
Hope he gets a lot more opportunities down the road! And as always, wishing the best to him, you, and the rest of the cast and crew!
Can't wait for the start of the Rocket arc in a couple days.
I love your work on Young Justice and Gargoyles, awesome shows! Question about YJ:
1. We've seen a lot of Lady Shiva. Will we get a chance to see her backstory?
2. Or see other characters that have trained with her (i.e. Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger)?
Hello, Iâve always wondered what was gave you the idea for Aqualadâs water bearers?
When we see Isis and Ice arrive together to confront Child's magic is Isis a member of the League are a magical aide summoned by the Stranger?
I saw a video comparing Atlantis in Young Justice from season 1 to season 4, and the animation quality has significantly decreased. There is less detail now such as the lack of hair flowing in the water.
What is the reason for this change?
Has rising costs of animation had an effect on the animation quality?
If Arion was supposedly immortal how was he able to die during the sinking of atlantis and somehow Vandal Savage is able to survive. how would you reconcile these contradictions? I mean even Klarion couldn't kill him
Hello Greg. My name is Sam and I have two questions for you.
1. Is Jay Garrick, the original Flash a member of the Justice League?
2. Who is the fourth Green Lantern in the Justice League?
Kyle Raynar, Jessica Cruz or Simon Baz?
In the latest of Young Justice Season 4, King Orin mentioned there were two Flashes and four Green Lantern in the Justice League and I wanna know who they are.
Now that Mera is wearing Arion's Crown and has been acknowledged as the High King of Atlantis, and because she fulfills the prophecy from the Tablet of the Widowhood, does that mean that this also marks the day as the "Reunification of Atlantis" (which I assume you will make the event name canon) since all Atlanteans agreed with Mera becoming High King?
Is Ocean-Master's full name Orm Marius?
Would you say that Tim Drakes origin is similar to âA Lonely Place of Dying' or his New 52 origin of being under Bruce's care while in witness protection? (This has ate me for years because given the timeframe of season 2's production, it really could be either or).
Did Alan Scott and Icicle Sr ever fought during the 40's or 50s?
In the Earth-16 universe, is Wotan's full name Karel Wotan? Also, was he born in Scandinavia? Finally, what is the source of his immortality?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Black Adam:
#1. Is he around 3,320 years old; as of 2020?
#2. From other people's perspectives, how old does he appear to look based on his physical appearance?
#3. Was he born in Kahndaq; a country in the Sinai Peninsula?
#4. Is his citizenship identified as Kahndaqi?
#5. When he was a hero, was he known as "Khem-Adam"?
When Black Adam was a hero, did he initially use the same powers of Shazam (Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury) that is currently used by Billy Baston, Freddy Freeman, and Mary Bromfield? If this is true, then how did he end up losing these powers and then how did he ended up using the powers of the Egyptian gods instead?
There are two different versions of the powers of Shazam for Black Adam in the comics.
In pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth), the powers of the Egyptian Gods are as follows:
Stamina of Shu
Swiftness of Heru
Strength of Amon
Wisdom of Zehuti
Power of Aton
Courage of Mehen
In post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (Prime Earth), the powers of the Egyptian Gods are as follows:
Stamina of Shu
Swiftness of Horus
Strength of Amun
Wisdom of Zehuti
Power of Aten
Courage of Mehen
As you can see, some of the names of the Egyptian gods are slightly different in both continuities. As such, the question for you is: Which version of Black Adam's powers is correct within the Earth-16 continuity?
In the Earth-16 universe, are the powers of Shazam for Black Adam as follows below and are based on the Egyptian gods?
Stamina of Shu
Swiftness of Heru
Strength of Amon
Wisdom of Zehuti
Power of Aton
Courage of Mehen
There are two interpretations of the powers of Shazam in the comics.
The traditional ones, as seen in the comics, are:
Wisdom of Solomon
Strength of Hercules
Stamina of Atlas
Power of Zeus
Courage of Achilles
Speed of Mercury
The second version of these powers, which are seen in the "Darkseid War" event, are:
Strength of S'ivaa
Fires of H'ronmeer
Compassion of Anapel
Source Manipulation of Zonuz, Yuga Khan
Boldness of Ate
Lightning of Mamaragan, the Wizard
As such, my question to you is: When will we see the second version of the powers of Shazam in the Earth-16 universe?
Did Phobos have something to do with his parents' death? If so, did he try to pretend they died some other way, or was he blatantly like "I killed my mom. Kneel before me." from the outset?
Also, what kind of parents name their kid "Fear" anyway? Does "Phobos" mean something different in Meridian?
Hi Greg hope youre doing great!
Ive been a fan of Young Justice since the begining and i absolutely love this show. That said, i believe you should know the YJ fandom is worried and this is important.
1) Many fans keep saying the animation (overall) dropped in S4. Do you believe these concernes are valid?
2) Is the possibility of making seasons shorter to save budget a possibility? (im sorry if this is something i shouldnt ask)
3) Who did you consult in order to help you write Garfield this season?
4) Is the comic that was just announced...a spoiler?
Can you tell us all that you know of Disney WITCH cancel third Season?
Do you visit the Disney WITCH wikia?
1 Why did the clone orm approach danuuth?
2 Why was danuuth hiding when the clone orm attacked the atlantean summit and Why did danuuth not assist the clone orm in his attack?
3 Did danuuth truly think that the original orm was the rightful king of Atlantis or did he simply join the original ocean master for the sake of power?
When lady Shiva stated to ocean master that his impressive skills were worthy if the shadows. Was that meant as an attempt to recruit ocean master to the shadows?(if he were to back off on killing the justice league families atleast)
Hi Greg. First of all I want say I am a huge fan of Gargoyles, and so I have a few questions about the show.
1. Is there any particular reason as to why certain characters like the Magus and the Archmage were not called by their real names?
2. Was the Archmage always evil or was actually loyal to Prince Malcolm at any point in time?
3. Why did the Magus not receive the title of Archmage after he took his mentor's position?
1. If Ocean Master had succeeded as becoming King of Atlantis as Arion would he have been accepted back into the Light as part of the main council or just a high ranking associate like Count Vertigo Wotan ect...
2. In Atlantis they were five statues one of Arion and Vandal Savage with three others? Were the other three Garn Daanuth, Wyynde the First for lack of a better term, and Lady Chian as she is connected with Arion in the comics?
3. Is Chian a descendent of Lady Chian like Wynnde and Daanuth are descended from their ancient namesakes?
4. Could more humanoid for lack of a better term Atlanteans sorcerers like Kaldur or Wyynde achieve Lagaan's puffer fish extra strength magic skill? Would it manifest a less dramatic way such as increasing their muscles but not as extreme as Lagaan's or is it a case by case basis?
5. Is the Trident of Neptune also called the Trident of Poseidon? Typically Greek goes before Roman is there a reason you's didn't go that way or is all of this just aesthetics?
In regards to Spectacular Spider-Man, I understand the legal issues are a bit confusing and you very likely donât know all the details.
However, it was revealed a while back that Sony still holds the rights to make Spider-Man Animated Shows as long as episodes are over 44 minutes. Knowing this:
1. Based on your understanding of the legal issues the show faces, is this a way it can be revived by Sony without input from Disney?
2. If so, would you be willing to do something like that if given the opportunity?
What tips Orin off that "Orm" is a clone is that he remembers prison visits that didn't happen, because he was implanted with an approximation of the real Orm's memories after the time he was jailed based on the Light's best guesses. This would have made sense on its own. But in the last episode of the arc, it turns out that the Light had the real Orm's brain all along after he was decapitated and put it in a cloned Arion body. So shouldn't they have had access to the real memories of that time? Why then wouldn't they implant those memories as well? Or at the very least, ask Orm-in-Arion's-body for description of what happened? He'd have been able to tell them that Orin never came to see him.
Or is Orm-Arion a complete fake as well, not Orm's actual brain, even though Vandal addresses him as if he's the real thing in contrast to the clone Orm? Is Vandal just letting him think he has the real Orm's brain? But he seems to remember having been killed, since Vandal asks him if he understands now why it had to happen, and he remembers being "out of control".
How does superman view match?
Does Ollie consider Roy and Will as his sons? Does he acknowledge them as such?
Is clayface a part of the Arrowfam now? Does he go on patrols with them?
Was Jason the first Team casualty?
How did lagoon boy fell about Garfield Logan dating a royal person who was Queen Perdita? This before Garfield broke up with Perdita.
why change Halo is middle eastern and Muslim?
Hi Greg !
1) Why did you put the Batgirl/Orphanâs flashbacks on Artemisâs arc ? Im sorry but it kind of felt out of place since we never ever have seen Artemis and Barbara interact before that episode. And there wasnât any foreshadowing for the flashbacks.
2) Why didnât you put them on Nightwingâs arc instead ? It would have blended in better.
3) Why choose to develop characters like Orphan when you had characters like Arrowette and Arsenal that are more related to Artemis and also needed screen time and character development ?
Thanks for your time and answers !
Given the negative reviews on it as a video game, do you regret not making "Young Justice: Legacy" into a movie instead?
According to Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy, the time-traveling saboteur attempted to kill Superboy the first time in 2019 when Superboy was in the United Nations. Assuming this does not get answered by itself before the end of Season 4 (or possibly ever) how exactly did that guy originally planned to kill Superboy back then, and how exactly did the Legion of Super-Heroes managed to miraculously stop him and caused him to retreat until his second assassination attempt on Mars?
After Orin placed Arion's Crown on Mera's head, the crown glows along with Mera's tattoos. Does the crown's glow (despite it being drained of its power) means that the Lords of Order accept Mera as the current user of the crown?
Hi Mr. Greg sir, this isn't so much as a question as much as a thank you for creating YJ and sort of an explanation as to why I love it so much.
I've always been a big fan of DC and specifically the non-main heroes (cuz we can't call them sidekicks here), and combine that with excellent writing and YJ was practically made for me to love it to pieces. It's just a phenomenal show, and so many plot things happen that I hope I can one day pull off with my own works.
But my experience in loving YJ is also a bit more personal for me.
I was in middle school when season 1 started airing, aka just about the age range of my favorite, Robin, and I remember looking forward to thursdays for new episodes of the show to come out. It was just such a big part of my life at that time, and it was overall pretty fun. And there were plenty of hiatuses which meant I would sort of get a little older and the characters wouldn't, but everyone was still in my age range so it was still possible for me to jump around perspectives.
Then there was a big gap between season 1 and 2 and by the time season 2 came out, WITH the time skip, I was 18, and well well look at that, the same age as Nightwing! AGAIN! While I know season 2 didn't focus on the OG team as much, it was still a really fun experience for me to be like "oh hey! I'm still in their age group!" unlike other shows where I eventually out-aged the characters.
Between seasons 1 and 2, my dad died, and while season 2 didn't deal too much with grief (although getting a new season from a show that was a big part of my life when he was alive was a great joy), when it was renewed for a season 3, season 3 did deal with grief, specifically Nightwing's arc which I related to more than I thought I would, once again it kind of felt like the story you were telling with YJ fell in line with my own life experiences, but now way more personally. But if that wasn't crazy enough, season 3 ALSO came out right around the time I started questioning my own gender identity. I had already been latching onto Violet as a new favorite, and then they said that line "I don't feel like a boy or a girl, I just feel like me!" and honestly, that was the first time in my life I felt like I understood how I felt about myself.
As of writing this, season 4 is still airing, and once again, I feel as though I have aged up with the characters as I continue to be in the same age range as them (mid twenties) and seeing them deal with grief once again, as I do too (2021 was a hard year for me) and also, Kaldur's arc which is airing right now, is painfully relatable to me.
I love YJ so much, not just because it's a spectacular story and writing, but because that I feel as if I truly grew up WITH these characters, and watching them go through the same struggles and journeys I do, albeit saving the world on the side, is just a big comfort to me. I'm sure there are many people out there who feel the same, especially as you continue. I really just wanted to thank you for giving this experience for me and to tell you that you've made a really good show. Whenever people ask me what my favorite show is, I always tell them "Young Justice".
(also thank you thank you thank you for throwing in legionnaires, the Legion of Superheroes is also full of favorites for me, and the 3 you've picked are actually some of those)
Sorry this got so long, you don't have to reply to it, I just wanted you to know that YJ has been a big impact and comfort in my life and I'm so grateful that you made it
After Kaldur'ahm passed on the leadership of the Team to Nightwing and took a leave of absence to find answers following the death of Tula and the revelation that Black Manta was his biological father, exactly how much time passed before he eventually came back to create the undercover infiltration plan with Nightwing? Also, given what happened in the Season 2 finale once the Justice League returned and met up with the Team at the ruins of Mount Justice, had Batman already figured out on his own that Kaldur'ahm had been in undercover to infiltrate the Light?
Does Psy-Back stand for Psychic Back-up?
1. Are Kaldur and Wyynde living together?
2. What is the name and gender of La'gaan, Coral and Rodunn's newborn baby?
3. Was La'gaan's grudge against Conner over the fact that M'gann and Conner got back together not long after she broke up with La'gaan?
4. What year did La'gaan begin a relationship with Coral and Rodunn and what did they get married?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of Black Canary's father, his full name is Lawrence "Larry" Lance, correct?
I'm guessing the Leviathan creature that attack Kaldur'ahm and his group is the Earth-16 equivalent of the real-life prehistoric Livyatan? Also, what is the name of the giant crab-like creature that also attacked them?
#1. Are Kaldur'ahm and his parents now considered to be Delphis' adoptive family?
#2. In the comics, Dolphin married Tempest and they had a son named Cerdian. What are the chances something similar could happen for Delphis on Earth-16?
Hi Greg, this is my first time asking a question from you so I'll keep it simple, are Violet and Harper a couple or are they just extremely close?
P.S I'm Loving Phantoms so far!
1) Is Dolphin now dating Kaldur and Wyynde? Or is she just staying with them?
2) Is Kaldur going to keep the beard? Will La'gaan grow one? Can he even grow one? There's just something right with an Aquaman having a beard.
Hello Greg, have to say Kaldur's arc in season 4 is my favorite (thus far). "Downtime" was one of my favorite episodes and it's always such a treat to return to Atlantis.
Anyway, the geopolitics of Atlantis is rather fascinating and the differing problems and the wealth disparity between the kingdoms makes for an intriguing bit of world-building.
It actually reminds me of the conflict between the various city-states of Renaissance-era Italy. So if this doesn't fall under spoilers I have to ask, what were the influences for the geopolitics of Atlantis? Did you try to stay close to the comic's own take of Atlantean politics or did you find inspiration from real world history?
In any case, congrats on Season 4 and here's to four more seasons!
In the comics, Black Manta was responsible for the death of Aquaboy (Orin and Mera's son). In the Earth-16 universe, Aquaboy is alive and currently 9 years old. As such, does that mean the Earth-16 version of Black Manta never attempted to kill the boy, or did he tried at least once and failed? If it is the latter, when was the exact date of his attempt?
Just so I can understand what happened to Orm (whose mind was in the body of a cloned Arion), the moment he put on the crown, the Lords of Order sensed that he was an imposter posing as Arion (or maybe they knew all along), and then, through the power of the crown, they proceeded to violently tear Orm apart; destroying the cloned Arion's body and killing Orm, while taking back the power of the crown and Arion's magical essence. Am I correct in this interpretation?
Did Lex Luthor and Vandal Savage knew each before the formation of the Light?
Did Ra's Al Ghul and Lex Luthor knew each other before the formation of the Light?
Did Vandal Savage and Ocean-Master knew each other before the formation of the Light?
How did Vandal Savage knew about Queen Bee was she already activate as a supervillian before the formation of the Light?
What's the name of Coral's son?
Who is its bio father?
#1. Orin mentioned to Kaldur'ahm that there are four Green Lanterns currently. The only logical conclusion is that the newest Green Lantern would have to be Kyle Rayner. If that is incorrect, then who could it possibly be?
#2. I find it hard to believe that Kaldur'ahm would believe himself to be responsible for the deaths of Wally, Conner, Tula, and Jason. There is always going to be risks in the superhero life, and there is always going to be a chance of not coming back home one day. Plus, Wally, Conner, and Tula made their own choices while likely realizing this fact. Jason, given his personality and his violence/recklesness, made his own choices that most likely got himself killed; as such, that's his own fault and not the fault of Kaldur'ahm.
#3. It was kinda disappointing that the real Arion was actually dead the entire time, but I wonder how different things would have been if that had been the real one instead of Orm...?
I've been watching and LOVING YJ S4, but I do have one question. If Arion, the son of Vandal Savage (not the clone), was truly immortal, then how is it that he was able to be killed when the statue fell on him? I believe that Vandal himself survived a similar crushing when Klarion was killing him for entertainment.
Hey Greg! I love your show Young Justice so much and to show my appreciation to you I have asked you a lot of questions about the creative choices you made with your representation. This is my last YJ-related series of questions, for now if you read my last ones thank you soo much for your time in doing so. You really donât have to have a site like this but it means a lot to me. These last questions I have for you involve characters we havenât seen much in the show.
1) Aquaman mentions there are four Green Lanterns in the League. Does this mean Kyle Rayner has joined Earth 16, and if so will we see more Green Lantern lore in the YJ series?
2) Will Donna Troy get an arc someday explaining her time with the Team? It would be really cool if we could see a story about her, Cassie, and Diana working together to fight a Wonder Woman villain. Prepares also explains the origin of the Amazons.
3) Will we get to see Freddy Freeman show up sometime and have his reason for giving up the Shazam power be told to us?
4) The destination series has gotten confusing now that there is a D-series and I can't even tell what series any of the new characters are anymore. Can you explain what this new series is for and who on the Team/Outsiders are a part of it?
5) Will we ever see Sam and Ty show up again in YJ?
Hey Greg! I have been typing a series of questions for you to look over when you have the time. It's okay to read all or none of them, but for this one I hope you will take the time answering especially because I don't think anyone has asked you questions about the mental issues on your show Young Justice.
1) What inspired you to give Beast Boy PTSD? As someone who had to suffer anxiety over loss I really appreciate you doing this instead of making BB not have any mental repercussions at all.
2) As a psych major I appreciate the hard work you put into making mental health issues an understandable topic for your audience. I wish more people could have reached out to me the way Beast Boy's family did when I lost my loved ones. I would like to know did you talk to anyone from the APA or other mental health institutions about how to portray mental health treatment in the show?
3) I believe I understand why you killed Superboy in this season and that is because his death was what needs to get all of these characters to deal with their phantoms. But like real people who die they donât come back, do you believe that bringing Superboy back will undo all the character development these heroes had to go through?
4) What do you hope your audience gets out of YJ Phantoms when they watch these heroes battle with their phantoms?
I'm sure there will be plenty of variants of this question, but are polygamous relationships relatively common among Atlanteans or is the relationship between La'gaan Rodunn and Coral atypical? If it's the former, would it have been possible for Kaldur to have had such a relationship with Tula and Garth - or is that something the network would have immediately vetoed?
One of the things I love about your show is how you opened it to having conversations about faith. As a Christian, it is so refreshing to see Zatara practice his beliefs in a positive manner instead of in the stereotypical judgmental way that the media portrays most Christians.
1) In Earth-16 will we see other superheroes' beliefs displayed? I would particularly like to see Jewish characters completing the big three in world religions.
2) If religion exists how are characters able to stay steadfast in their beliefs? If I lived in a world filled with aliens, magic, and immortal beings I would always be questioning my theology.
3) Why does Zatara have so much tolerance for his non-religious teammates? Most of my Christian friends would be trying to convert them to their faith
4) Does Zatanna believe in the same religion as her father or does she have different beliefs from him? I can kind of see her possibly being resentful of God for taking her mom away and maybe disliking the fact she was forced to go to a Catholic girls' school.
5) Why is representing faith in your show important to you? For me, it would be because I can see myself in the characters and learn about someone else's walk of life.
Hey Greg! Big fan of both YJ and Spectacular Spider-Man. As a gay cisman, I had some questions for you about LGBTQ representation in your Young Justice. I apologize if these are questions that someone already asked and they're buried in your archive and I did not see them, but these are important questions to me.
1) Will you give Kaldur or any of your gay characters a coming-out story? It is great to see Kaldur happy with Wyatt but because I believed he was straight for 2 seasons I felt cheated that I didnât get to see this character discover this part of himself. A lot of shows have done the coming out story in sci-fi/fantasy animation like with Harley Quinn, but there are not a lot of those stories about gay male characters so it would mean a lot to your fans if we can go back and see how these two meet and fell in love.
2) Does homophobia exist in Earth-16? Everyone seems so nonchalant about all these characters having different sexualities, genders, and even multiple partners. 2b)In a world with different political and religious views are some DC Characters chalant towards the LGBTQ community?
3) After two seasons of not having gay representation why did you decide to include more openly queer characters in your stories? As a center-left person, I love what you have done with Kaldur, Lagann, and Violet, but some of your fans feel like these are just woke points. 3b)How do you justify your political views in the show to people who oppose them?
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I searched the archives with a few keywords and couldn't find it.
You've said that YJ season 1 isn't actually set in 2010, instead Team Year Zero just matches the 2010 calendar. I was curious why in issue 10 of the comics, the date 1968 is not only displayed visually but mentioned explicitly by Robin as a year in which things relevant to story took place (And going by other events mentioned in that comic arc 2010 would be the current year).
Was that just for viewer convenience (Team year negative 42 isn't very clean), and can it not be assumed that Robin actually meant team year negative 42 when he referenced it?
I loved the Kaldur arc! I was wondering about the choice to make La'gaan polyamorous (I loved it, no criticisms). Is his life with Coral and Rodunn reflective of a life Kaldur would've liked with Tula and Garth had none of them ever become sidekicks? Or am I reading too much into things?
Hi greg just have a few questions about magic in Atlantis.
1. What is Wyynde's speciality in Atlantean Sorcery?
2. What is Lori Lemaris speciality in Atlantean Sorcery?
3. What is Coral's speciality in Atlantean Sorcery?
4. What is Topo's speciality in Atlantean Sorcery?
5. What is Nanaue Sha'ark speciality in Atlantean Sorcery?
When it comes to full names for humans in the Earth-16 universe, are nicknames placed BEFORE or AFTER a person's middle name?
#1. There appears to be no evidence on Earth-16 that seems to indicate that Barry Allen suffered the same tragedy as his other counterparts in the DC multiverse; this being his mother being murdered and his father ends up being framed for it. If this is true, then what was the decision to give the Earth-16 version of Barry a happy childhood?
#2. In the Earth-16-universe, did Hal Jordan tragically lost his father, Martin H. Jordan, as a result of a plane crash when Hal was a young boy? Did this tragedy mark Hal's first experience with fear?
#3. The Green Lantern Corps is the only Lantern Corps we've seen thus far in the Earth-16 universe. However, does the rest of the Lantern Corps (Red Lantern Corps, Orange Lantern Corps, Sinestro Corps, Blue Lantern Corps, Indigo Tribe, and Star Sapphire Corps) exist somewhere in the Earth-16 universe, even though none of them have not made an appearance yet?
#4. Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy told Superman that important event is supposed to happen in 2030 that was originally supposed to involve Superboy. This has gotten me wondering: Did the time-traveling saboteur kill the right Superboy, or is the actual Superboy by that point in time supposed to be Jonny Kent (who'd be 13 years old by 2030)?
Hi Greg, who do you is the most Morally good character on the show and who is the most evil of all?
How does Mars avoid overpopulation when they live for so long and have so many children? Do they space them out, there is more room below the surface, or something else?
And would it be safe to say that Martians are more in tune with Mars resources so they don't overuse them?
Finally what do Martians eat and drink for sustenance? Not looking for every type just what do they mainly use to stay hydrated or whatever term would be most appropriate.
I once read on a CBR article on the internet in regards to how Wonder Woman's use of the Lasso of Truth is an invasion of privacy. The link to the article is here:
If Young Justice gets a 5th season, could this topic potentially be addressed in some kind of story arc?
Which Vandal Savage actor do you prefer?
Negative Man (Real Name: Lawrence "Larry" Trainor) never existed in Young Justice (TV Series) did he?
1. How old is Darkseid on Earth 16?
2. How old is Isis the goddess on Earth 16?
3. How old is Zeus on Earth 16?
4. How old is Orion on Earth 16?
5. How old is Jason Blood/Etrigan on Earth 16?
Are there over 15,000 city-states in Atlantis like in the comics?
I see what you guys are attempting to do to fix Halo and I want to let you know - it does not matter. It does not matter if Violet learns more about Gabrielleâs heritage, this does not fix the fact that she is dead with an alien inhabiting her body. That is the main problem with Halo, why are you struggling to grasp that? Why not just resurrect Gabrielle and fix the problem or let Halo go?
I anticipate your response will be that every Muslim you talked to liked it, so let me counter with my own anecdotal evidence - every single fellow Muslim fan I have encountered, in person and online, has a problem with Halo. I have yet to find a Muslim who likes her, only some people who are not as offended as others. Have you taken the time to look and see what we have been saying for the past few years?
There seems to be a lot more acceptance of sexuality/types of relationships in Atlantean culture. I think with Kaldur, Wyynde, Rodunn, and La'gann, that more gay/bi men than we've (explicitly) met above water. Some questions:
1. Is Atlantis more accepting of LGBT+ relationships than surface dwellers?
2. Would, say, King Orin marrying a man be acceptable to the majority of Atlanteans?
3. Did you always picture La'gaan as bisexual? Is Rodunn the first man he has been in a relationship with?
4. Did Rodunn, Coral, and La'gaan enter into the relationship at the same time, or were two a couple beforehand? If so, which two?
5. Who came out to who first? Kaldur to La'gaan or La'gaan to Kaldur? If, in fact, Atlanteans "come out" in their culture.
6. Was M'gann the only person La'gaan had a relationship with while on The Team? I'd ask who, but I have a feeling that's a NO SPOILERS one.
6. To me, this is the weirdest character Yuri Lowenthal could voice and I absolutely love it. Not a question, just a statement.
When M'gann said she was closing up Conner's affairs what exactly were they? His motorcycle buisness? their wedding plans on Earth? A funeral? Could you be a bit more specific?
What's the name of the Central City Police Captain seen in Bloodlines?
If I wanted to ask a question about an idea. But less about you taking up the idea and more about. You giving me the thoughts of the DC creator community as a hole. Would you answer, or does that still fall under the 7th rule?
I have 5 questions to ask about Tula.
1. Did Tula ever have any parents or was she an orphan?
2. Did King Orin and Queen Mera ever see Tula as their own daughter?
3. Did Tula ever get a funeral? If so who attended it?
4. Did La'gaan mourn Tula after learning about her death?
5. Was Delphis ever told about Tula (a.k.a. Aqua Girl) and how she sacrifices herself to re-imprison Tiamat? If so then who told her?
I wonder why you guys picked Studio Mir for the entire season 4 of Young Justice. Was it because of any specific feature of that studio? Was it the only studio available? Do you even have a word on which studio you want to animate the show?
I personally like eMation's episodes from season 3 more than Studio Mir's one (mainly because characters were looking better in eMation's episodes and the floating hairs in Atlantis in Quiet Conversations look awesome), so I got a little disappointed when it was announced that Studio Mir was animating the whole season
I canât wait for Rocketâs arc!! I have autism and Iâm really looking forward to see myself on my favorite show!!
Thank you for seeing me!!
When did Beast Boy lose his virginity?
Was it with Perdita?
If no, then with who??
1. Are Stargirl and Courtney Whitmore the same person?
2. When did she start fighting crime?
3. When and how did she join the Outsiders?
I wanted to ask why Joan passed away in-universe. Was it complications from old age, or was she sick? Had she been getting worse for a while by the time we saw her in the hospital in s3 ep17, or was it a sudden thing?
If it's been answered I do apologize, and if it's a spoiler just ignore me lol. But. After Superman saved Barta from the "device" (can't think of whether it was named or not) in s3, did she remain with the Furys and Apokolips,or is did she leave? And if she left, is it safe to assume her story is roughly the same as other iterations?
Okay, so we've seen Atlanteans resembling fish, marine mammals, and cephalopods, but are there Atlanteans resembling other forms of marine life, like crustaceans or marine reptiles?
In the past you've said that any character that was canonically queer in the comics would also be queer in Young Justice, because you naturally wouldn't want to erase pre-established queer representation. However, I'm curious if the same logic applies to Dinah Lance, as she was going to be revealed to be Bisexual in Gail Simone's Birds of Prey but editorial mistakes led to her stating her heterosexuality instead. Does authorial intent override the editorial error, or do you stick to what was on the page?
Also, is it safe to assume that the same logic applies to Spectacular Spider-Man, making Electro, Mystero and Black Cat all canonically Bisexual?
1) What is the name of the Metropolitan Museum of Art curator seen at the beginning of Secrets?
2) What's the name of the male Cuban officer seen with Colonel Bracuda and Sergeant Garcia in Early Warning?
Hi Greg! Sorry i had three questions I'd think about alot i didn't know this website existed!
If you could make bluepulse canon would you?
If you could include any marvel or dark horse characters into this world which is super unlikely but its a fun question, who would you pick and why?
Why'd you gotta do Spidey dirty like that, even getting the same voice actor, do i sense a James Jonah Jameson arc!?
The last one was a joke but i hope you have a good night!
If Miss Martian is trans-code, does that mean there won't be any REAL trans characters in the foreseeable future?
I used to be a he/him, but I'm one surgery away from being a full she/her, and I take some issue with this show's representation of trans people. It's a long process and the way you depict it makes it the transition look effortless.
What were the United Nations discussing about before the Joker took everyone hostage?
Hello, Mr. Weisman. I'm loving the show right now, Kaldur's arc is shaping up to be the best in Phantoms so far. I have a question about Tim Drake that I don't believe is a spoiler question. With that said, does Jack Drake exist in this universe?
Thank you for your time.
Was Barbara's designation Z-12 in Batman's team during the events of Season Three?
Hi, Greg. I was wondering who many characters on YJ above 18 are virgins. I'm a virgin myself and after struggling with depression and steep self-consciousness about it, I've finally accepted it. I feel like there's a lot of societal pressure for men to lose their virginity before turning 18, so I feel it's important to have some representation.
I have a few questions regarding Paul Sloane.
1) Why hasnât Paul taken any concern for what Gar is going through?
2) Why didnât Paul take custody of Gar after Rita and a majority of the Doom Patrol Die?
3) What was Paulâs reaction to finding out Rita and Marie died?
Are there Atlanteans like Topo and Nanuae that resemble marine mammals instead of fish and cephalopods, like, say, an orca?
I was wondering if your will release your series' bibles posthumously. I mean, you won't live forever and it would be wasteful for all your amazing stories and future plans die with you... No offense.
1) When was Doctor Occult born?
2) When was Rose Psychic born?
3) When did Doctor Occult and Rose Psychic first become heroes?
4) When was the original Guardian born?
5) When did the original Guardian become a hero?
Is the reptile-like metateen with the red hoodie from Early Warning meant to be Killer Croc?
Hey Greg! I've noticed the show slowly becoming a place for present propaganda/discrimination and other world issues' to be shown and cleared. I understand y'all want to do the right thing but could we see this toned down a little bit in the future when the show hopefully renews for s5?
1) How old is Draaga?
2) How old is Mayor Sackett?
3) How old is Lionel Luthor?
4) How old were Jor-El and Lara El when Krypton exploded?
5) Who created the mechanical monsters that Superman fought in November of 1998?
Was Hugo Strange ever affiliated with Arkham Asylum?
1) When was Peacemaker born?
2) When did Peacemaker become a hero?
3) What are Paco and Brenda's full names?
4) Did Dan Garrett ever team-up with other heroes?
5) Does Captain Atom have a specific city that he operates in as a solo hero?
In Artemis Through the looking glass, the end passage is about the Unicorn saying if you believe in me I'll believe in you, is the parallel to Superboy saying to phantom girl in the place where he is trapped in ep 14 when he says I'll believe you are alive, If you believe I am alive Deal.
1. Is this an intentional reference.
2. It makes me wonder those themes of each episode/ ending passage and quotes are they only episode centric only or do they foreshadow the actul plotlines of the season. Probably will know this by the time the season ends.
3. I am always curious about how do you decide which theme to use and how do you ensure one arc doesn't end up just a repetition of an old one. Like if you tackle addiction with one character and you have to tackle addiction again how are you gonna differentiate it from the first time so it doesn't seem like the same story told twice.
Somebody else in the questions queue suggested that the Legion of Superheroes show in development might hinder your ability to use the Legion in future seasons of YJ.
My question is: why should that matter? Why should it matter that someone else is using the Legion at the same time you are? What is Warner Bros. afraid of? What do they think is going to happen if <gasp> two shows are using the Legion at the same time? Why do they care? Wouldn't it mean more exposure for their intellectual properties.
I recall that in the final season of Justice League Unlimited there was an embargo on bat-villains because The Batman was using them. I don't think stuff like this should matter, but clearly it does to someone. Can you shed any light on why these rules or restrictions exist?
How long have the Legion of Superheroes been in the past and just how many events have they tampered with? Does Nanaue Shaâark have a spouse or any relatives? Final Question: How powerful is the Phantom Stranger, does he have limits or is he essentially a god?
You said recently that Brandon and yourself pitched Phantoms to Sam Register immediately after Season 3. Did you pitch a fifth season after wrapping Season 4? (Hopefully by the time you read this question Season 5 will be in production!)
1. Does Vandal know, with exact precision, how old he is in years?
2. Does Vandal count the age he was prior to coming in contact with the meteorite, assuming he even knows how old he was?
3. Does Vandal still need to eat and drink? Starvation and dehydration do fall under the category of death, not to mention suffocation. Can he survive even without air?
4. Does Vandal's regeneration grant him immunity to disease? Iâm guessing fatal ones don't affect him. But what about common or progressive illness?
5. Does Vandal have a meta gene? To be specific, did the meteorite mutate or evolve him in a way to give him the meta gene(or the meta gene's precursor), or did Vandal already have the meta gene, and the meteorite simply triggered it?
Would The Prize audioplay be included in a hypothetical Season 4 Blu-Ray?
Did anyone bury teekl 1 after flaw killed her?
If the United Nations were briefed on the existence of The Light based on the evidence presented by the Justice League, does that mean that every federal agency around the world was put on high alert and those members of the Light who attended the summit with the Reach are on the most wanted list?
Consedring child considers savage basically like a lord of order. Why did she not try to elimate him and the light?
1.What is up with the one shot in scene Cheshire fights Red arrow and spinkicks him and flips back? because wow it really got on tv lol. Also People keep asking are they ever going to do a shot or scene like that again
2.its cool the animation is mostly the same as s1 and even oh teen Titans was that intentional or just it looks cool. Also how many seasons do you think will happen? Sorry for the long question
I have heard that an adult animated series based on Legion of Super-Heroes is being developed by Brian Michael Bendis for HBO Max. If this is true, does that mean it would now be virtually impossible for you to possibly do a spin-off based on this superhero team in the Earth-16 DC Universe? Or might there still be a way for a spin-off to somehow happen one day in the future?
If Space Trek 3016 ends up becoming a media franchise in the Earth-16 universe akin to the Star Trek media franchise in real-life, would some titles within the franchise be like this? If not, then what better titles would you come up with?
Space Trek 3016 = Star Trek: The Original Series
Space Trek 3116: The Next Generation = Star Trek: The Next Generation
Space Trek: Absalom Station = Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Space Trek: Odyssey = Star Trek: Voyager
Space Trek: Engager = Star Trek: Enterprise
#1. Since Saturn Girl is identified as 18 years old, that would mean that she would have been born in the year 3002, correct? If not, then what is the correct birth year?
#2. Assuming her code name suggests that Saturn Girl was truly born on the planet Saturn in the 31st century, does that mean that she and her people would be identified as Saturnians?
#3. Since Phantom Girl and Chameleon Boy are identified as 15 years old, that would mean that they would have been born in the year 3005, correct? If not, then what is the correct birth year?
#4. Is Chameleon Boy from the planet Durla and, as such, he and his people are identified as Durlans?
#5. Is Phantom Girl from the planet Bgztl and, as such, she and her people are identified as Bgztlians?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Katana:
#1. Was her maiden name Toro; as indicated in The New 52?
#2. Where exactly in Japan was she born?
#3. Are her husband (Maseo Yamashiro) and her twin daughters (Reiko Yamashiro and Yuki Yamashiro) currently deceased?
#4. Was her swordsmanship instructor a man named Tadashi?
#5. Were her husband and twin daughters murdered by her former brother-in-law, Takeo Yamashiro?
#6. Was her fighting style inspired by any particular style of real-life Japanese swordsmanship; if so, which one was it?
Hello Greg! I'm absolutely LOVING Kaldur's arc so far, and I'm now fascinated with all things Atlantis, so here are some questions:
1 - According to the YJ wiki and the Legacy tie-in game, Tula was born sometime in 1994 and died on February 18, 2015. I know you don't calculate birthdays unless necessary, but do you know if Tula was 20 or 21 when she died?
2 - Was Mera a student at the Conservatory of Sorcery or did she cultivate her mystical prowess elsewhere?
3 - Speaking of, is the Conservatory of Sorcery only for children/teenagers learning sorcery (given we've only seen teenagers as students) or can anyone of any age attend?
4 - Does Atlantis use the same dating system that the surface world uses? For example, is December 31 (or whatever that translates to in Atlantean) the last day of the year in Atlantis like it is for the rest of the planet? I do wonder how the Atlanteans keep track of the days if they cannot see the sun or the moon, or are they not as deep underwater as I'm assuming? Perhaps it has to do with the ocean's currents?
5 - Is Calvin Durham considered a metahuman?
Will there be new characters in the next season possibly or not?
In the Earth-16-universe...
#1. Is Beast Boy's full name Garfield Mark "Gar" Logan OR Garfield "Gar" Mark Logan? Which full name is correct in the YJ animated universe?
#2. Is Wonder Girl's full name Cassandra "Cassie" Elizabeth Sandsmark OR Cassandra Elizabeth "Cassie" Sandsmark? Which full name is correct in the YJ animated universe?
#3. Is Cyborg's full name Victor "Vic" Stone?
I had a query about the timeline relating to Beast Boy's activities during Zatanna's arc. I genuinely don't mean this as some sort of gotcha, but while writing up Gar's wiki entry I got a bit confused.
In Teg Ydaer, for the timestamp May 14 00:23PDT, Beast Boy is sleeping on the couch as the Outsiders are about to begin a mission. Later the same episode, the Outsiders return from their mission to find Gar still asleep. Later still, he is asleep in bed with lots of pills on his nightstand.
But in the next episode, we get the timestamp May 14 02:37PDT. Gar is on the set of Space Trek, and it appears he has been there for quite some time. It seems we are supposed to infer there has been a long and unproductive day of shooting. Yet it is just over two hours after he was first seen sleeping on the couch in the previous episode. Perhaps the final scene of Gar in bed from Teg Ydaer is supposed to be after the Space Trek scenes in Og Htrof Dna Reuqnoc, but it still doesn't make sense for the rest to be so close together. How fast was that mission against the Headmaster?
Actually the whole of the timing of Garfield's plot in the arc seems off. His sleeping on the couch in Teg Ydaer comes just three and a bit hours after her fell asleep in bed with the first sleeping pills in the previous episode (May 13 21:05PDT). After getting the over the counter pills, he has a load of what look like prescription pills less than 24 hours later.
To me it seems at least three days worth of activity has been crammed into just over 24 hours. Is there an error in the timestamps, or am I missing something?
In Royal We, we see that darkwear distorts the wearer's face on cameras.
1) Is the distortion caused by the contact lenses or the mask?
In Leverage and The Prize, the possibility of Amanda Waller outing the Team is taken very seriously. But in True Colors, G. Gordon Godfrey claimed to have already outed the League's covert ops unit, presumably after getting info from Tseng after the Watchtower was revealed. Members of the Team would also have been seen during the coverage of events in Markovia in Nevermore. It seems like the existance of the Team is already known, and it doesn't appear, at least as of Leverage, that Waller knows much about it apart from that it exists.
2) What exactly did Godfrey reveal about the Team?
3) How much does Waller know about it?
1) Can humans who are not Homo magi use magic without the aid of magic artefacts?
2) Is Orin's power to communicate with sea life a meta ability or magical? Or a bit of both like Beast Boy?
3) Is Delphis's light power part of her meta ability or has she learned Atlantean magic?
In War, we saw the Warworld has different coloured drones with different purposes; red for defense, yellow for repair.
In the Ebb Tide end credits, we see black drones. What do they do?
Hi Greg, I have a couple of Bumblebee related questions.
In Terminus, we see Jennifer Pierce dressed up in a Bumblebee costume.
1) Did Bumblebee become a public hero?
2) If so, was she a member of the Justice League?
3) If she wasn't public, how did Jennifer know about her? I know there was a reference to Karen and Mal babysitting a lot of metas, but I wouldn't have thought they'd do it in costume.
4) Neither Karen nor Mal appeared to be active as heroes during season 3. Had they left permanently, or were they on parental leave?
Since the heroes have to do an annual mental wellness check with Black Canary, who does she go for her own mental wellness check? Does Black Canary go to Mâgann for her mental wellness check or another counsellor/therapist? Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.
So... I waited 3 months to see episode 14, and guess what ? You started talking about religion again ! What on earth is going on with religion in this show ? We had a central character who asked this question : what is Islam ?
YEAH ! A question that I'm sure everybody is interested in (kidding)!
Objectively, Islam (like any other religions) is a mind-control belief, that prevents people from free thinking, that prevents women to dispose of their own body, that killed millions of people through history just because they weren't thinking like them, and still today many muslim countries imprison and execute people for being... homosexuals for instance ! All those progress for liberty have been accomplished AGAINST religion, against a mind control silly thing based on a book written by barbarians, that has thousands of years and that should be over by now, but no. And you make publicity for that ? Come on !!! I guess this is the way it's gonna be now, part-time superhero show, part-time religion propaganda. And who knows, maybe one day part-time transgender show. Can't wait the day Superman's gonna wear breast implants and red lipstick because he feels more like a woman !!!
I don't question you intend, I think you're trying to make people accept each other, but I think you're on a very wrong path. Like they say : Road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Why do I have someone on my superhero show that explains to me what the hijab is ? I don't care and that's irrelevant !
People who fall into religion, they're usually stuck with it for the rest of their lives, and even if most of them wanna do good, they still can't think by themselves completely. And I'm sure they're comfortable with it, and that's fine, as long as they don't annoy other people about it !
Conversely, you don't see any atheist character on the show explaining why he/she thinks religion is silly and don't practice it. So why on earth religious characters have to do that ? And I'm sure many religious people will agree they don't like the fact that the show explains to people what
their religion is. It's a personal thing.
What do you do with all the atrocities perpetrate by religion through history and even today ? Oh, but you're gonna explain to people THE GOOD WAY to be religious. Oh yeah ! Thank god you're here ! Come on, please leave religion and people alone.
Or if you wanna be truly fair, than make some atheist characters on the show explain why they think religion is bullshit and why they don't practice it.
Mâchiste was a purist, but in 4x16 we see him with some atlanteans who the purist considered impure. Has he changed his purist views in between the comics and kaldurâs arc?
1. When will you stop hurting us with the Wally West illusions they hurt and make me feel pain every damn time also is Wally West the harbinger of insanity and nervous breakdowns, because Nightwing, Beast Boy, Artemis and Superboy's fall to insanity coping mechanism seems to be illusions of our one and Only Wall-Man.
2. I like how Conner's illusions of Wally also look like a phantom,my heart skipped a beat when that happened and not at all fair guys, not at all fair.
3. I didn't really understand what Saturn Girl meant by being too far from their original timeline and I have seen enough Doctor Who to get timey-wimey stuff, so does that mean the Legion is way too involved with this new timeline and as a consequence of this exposed to Chronoton Radiation and thus they can't reset back too their own timeline.
4. I like how Superman cringes to get on board and please let us get out of the way, who came up with this joke I want them to have my sincerest gratitude.
1. So Beast Boy has talked about dealing with the grief of losing Tula, Jason Todd, Ted Kord and Wally. Does that mean he was actually close to all 4 of them or did he just name them for the sake of naming people who have died.
2. In particular how did Beast Boy know Jason Todd since he joined the team in Year 5, but Jason had to have died prior to Year 5 since Tim Drake is already a member of the Team by Year 5 February 18, and was present at Tula's funeral.
3. Also Tula, Chief, Rita Farr, Negative Woman, Ted Kord all died in Year 5, does that mean Year 5 is the most depressing year for the Team.
4. Why did Zatanna let Mary absorb powers and reprimand her early on for doing things like absorbing their powers without consent was this on purpose or was she actually unable to do anything in that moment and was actively distracted with dealing with the current situation at hand.
How is it that you guys managed to get away with all the mistakes you made with Halo? A refugee who takes a bribe and gets the king and queen killed, who dies and gets possessed, then gets killed violently over and over? Constantly bringing up being Muslim even though no other character had mentioned their religion at that point? Not to mention making a big part of her story obsessing over a mediocre white boy. Itâs almost like you were purposely trying to do everything wrong. It astounds me that you didnât get more backlash and that the show still has a good reputation for its diversity and âwokeness.â I was honestly shocked you got a season 4, and iâm even more shocked people are still watching it. I distinctly remember the fandom being upset about Halo at one pointâ¦.Shows how little people care about Muslim women I guess. Some fans are so desperate to keep this show going theyâll excuse it. Well, not me. I longed for this show to return too, but I will never forgive you and Brandon for creating Halo.
1. I like that you brought Coral back I always liked her design, the idea to have the former students also studying together in the conservatory who are all going to be important players in Atlantean Royalty for some reason I can't help but ask does this have a basis in our actual history, or is the Conservatory just the best school of sorcery where the elite go.
2. So how does the politics of Atlantis work, like are there only eight cities that constitute Atlantis which from my understanding are Poseidonis, Crastinus, Nanauve, Tritonis, Lemuria, Neptunos, Shayeris, and Xebel. And since all of these cities are so far from each other they might as well be separate Kingdoms, so how does this system of governance work. Like do these eight states have separate laws, or is Atlantis more like an European Union. basically what I am asking is how do they actually connect with each other if they are well so far apart and why are then they even part of a single Kingdom.
3. Do these eight states also have different means of electing leaders of their respective states because Nanauve is represented by a King while Lemuria has a Prime Minister and Tritonis has a General are all these elected democratically or is there a monarchy and separate cities too which ensures they all get seats as rulers or are their elections.
4. Now here for me things are getting more complicated but correct me if I am wrong, Orin is the King of Atlantis which is something he inherited from his family bloodline not by an election, which is why Orm is the Prince. So is the King of Poseidonis automatically also the King of Atlantis since Poseidonis is the capital of Atlantis or are their elections for this.
5. Does Orin actually have powers as King of Atlantis or are those power only ceremonial and he only has the ability to actually excersise his rule in Poseidonis only since you have previously said Atlantis is a Constitutional Monarchy.
Greg I will be very honest I like history and I love alternate history, I personally love the world building you have done and honestly would have no problems storming the WB headquarters or wherever you are supposed to storm off to demand an Altantis Spinoff, but not having like a proper map aside from the subtle one that we saw in Episode 14, the more I think about Atlantis Politics the more headaches I have since it's impossible to exactly understand what's going on with the Politics and I can also understand your limitation with so many arcs and so many characters. Hopefully one day you will release the history of Atlantis book or just share an image detailing the history of Atlantis. But for now I will be content with a season 5 announcement for which I am hoping so badly.
1. Really loving the Aquaman arc, now onto my question we know Ronal was a purist in issue 15 of young justice comic before he saw Ocean master's true intentions and became disillusioned and is now no longer a purist, is this assumption correct or does Ronal still has purist aims. I do think the purist stuff seems less obvious for him since he does respect if not like Lori. Can you help clear this up.
2. Now Ronal knew Wyynde and Chian were also purist since they are all unmasked together, does that mean Ronal quickly revealed to Orin they also were purists after which they had to be reformed or did Ronal keep their secret and atleast Wyynde (if not Chian since we don't know about her) also reformed at a much later time. I mean it doesn't make sense if Orin asked and Ronal didn't reveal who the rest of the purist were. Even in Ep 14 Nautical Twilight Aqualad says to Lori that was 10 years ago defending Wyynde so does that mean both Wyyne and Chian reformed at the same time as Ronal or is there a gap of months where both Wyynde and Chian continued to take part in Purist missions.
3. Did Orm actually care about being a purist aside from seeing at as a meant to an end, because I am curious would Orm actually care about wasting life especially since he was associated with the Light, and so even if Orm actually became ruler of the seven seas, would he actually go forward with the so called purist supremacy. You have said previously it's all just a pretense if not latent, so basically does that mean he would only go forward with more purist agenda if it fulfilled his agendas or would he do this say when he has no agendas ass such.
4. Was Topo's scar permanent the one he was branded with by the purist.
5. Lori seemed pretty cold to Wyynde in the Aquaman arc and still has grudges against him in season 4 however in the issue 15 of young justice she stops King Shark from hitting Ronal after Ronal fought against Ocean Master, even defending him was that only her being a diplomat and she still had grudge against Ronal too or did she forgive Ronal after he betrayed the Ocean Master.
1. In "Ebb Tide," is the Devourer based on the Aethyr in the comics, the only living organism in the Phantom Zone?
2. In "Nautical Twilight," it is mentioned Nanaue annexed the lower territory of Tritonis. When did this happen in the timeline?
In the Earth-16 universe, what is the in-universe explanation for why Billy Baston changed his superhero name from Captain Marvel to Shazam, and when was the exact date that he made this change?
1. In the Earth-16 universe, is Black Lightning's full name Jefferson Michael "Jeff" Pierce?
2. In the Earth-16 universe, is the second Green Lantern's full name John Marshall Stewart?
3. In the Earth-16 universe, is the third Green Lantern's full name Guy Darrin Gardner?
For each member of the Justice League from designations 08 onwards, when was the exact date (mm/dd/yyyy) each member was invited to join, and who gave each member the invitation (assuming this was done by a different Justice League member each time)?
This is a response to episode 14 of Phantoms. That islam interpretation scene got me annoyed. There aren't multiple interpretations of Islam. People's opinion do not matter on the religion because the foundation was already set for Muslims. Please refer to al arabeen nawawiyyah (40 hadiths of Imam Nawawi). Muslim who says otherwise is a heretic. These "Muslims " who says otherwise is no different than the jews and Christians who tainted and destroyed their respective religions. Our belief (aqeedah) is one our jurisprudence is nuanced. If you supposedly want representation and accuracy why would you this Greg? Again love your writing and story style I vehemently disagree with your liberal beliefs.
1. In the Earth-16 universe, is Zatara's full name Giovanni "John" Zatara?
2. In the Earth-16 universe, what was Sindella's maiden name before she married and became Sindella Zatara?
3. What year was Sindella born and what year did she tragically died?
4. In the comics, there is another member of the Zatara family named Zachary "Zach" Zatara; who is the cousin of Zatanna, and the nephew of Giovanni and Sindella Zatara. If he exists in the Earth-16 universe, what is the in-universe reason as to why he has not yet made an appearance, and why has no one in his family ever mentioned him?
If I understand this correctly, the difference in the chaos-based actions between Klaron and Child appears to be that the former causes "constructive chaos" and Child causes "chaos just for the hell of it." Am I correct in this interpretation? If not, then how do you interpret it?
1) Is King Sha'ark descended from the Hawaiian Shark-God that he shares his name with, or was he named in honour of him?
2) What position in Orin's Cabinet did Orm hold before he was outed as Ocean-Master?
3) Have you laid out an official ranking system for the Atlantean Royal Guard?
4) What is the name of the bar that Minkis works at?
5) Is Krush the leader of the Ninth Tride, or are they unrelated gangs?
1. Who are some your favorite voice actors that are not a part of the Young Justice cast?
2. Will we ever hear Ted Kord's voice?
Do you or Brandon know about a popular superhero Anime called My Hero Academia (åã®ã'ã¼ãã¼ã¢ã«ããã¢/Boku no HÄ«rÅ Akademia) by any chance?
Who attended La'gaan, Rodunn, and Coral's wedding?
How old is Minkis?
How old is Ondine?
How old is Rodunn?
How old is Ryus Nereus?
As of the time of this posting, I have become convinced that Beast Boy's Season 4 story arc will end in only one of two ways:
#1. He will continuously refuse to get help for his mental health and, by the very end, he will secretly attempt to commit suicide because he will see this as the only way to escape his inability to deal with the grief and suffering of others around him dying over the years. I suspect that none of the heroes will realize his true intentions until it is too late. If that does happen (and I hope to God that it does NOT), I suspect that blame and accusations amongst the heroes will go around for not helping Beast Boy enough, and I suspect that once Queen Bee learns about it, the villain would likely gloat over the fact that Beast Boy died without getting justice for his mother's death.
#2. He will probably heed Miss Martian's advice, but by then, it would be too late to repair the damage that he caused; especially his relationship with Perdita. I suspect that, as a result, Granny Goodness will likely use this moment to manipulate him; just like she did with Mary Bromfield.
Are any of the young superheroes of Young Justice (TV Series) interested in watching Anime (A style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children)?
In regards to Artur (the son of Aquaman and Mera), is his full name Artur Joseph Curry? This question assumes that the Earth-16 version of this character, who was known as Arthur Curry Jr. in pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity), is also partially based on second Aquaman (who was named Arthur Joseph Curry), but in middle and last name only.
What was Robotman's reaction to finding out Garfield was dating Queen Perdita?
I just noticed this, Paul Sloane and Steve Dayton weren't part of the intervention. I mean I can understand Mento's absence, but Paul. Was he just busy with Space Trek? If so some god father he is putting his career before the well being of his own God son.
Assuming that was truly Arion when he revealed himself to Mera and Aquaman, does mean that his power is he is immortal in the sense that he can still age (as seemingly indicated by the appearance of his hair, and presumably at a unspecified slower pace compared to a normal human being), but cannot be killed by unnatural means (like when the statue of his grandfather fell on top of him)?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Aquaman?
1. Are his parents' names Thomas "Tom" Curry and Atlanna?
2. Is his Atlantean name, Orin, the same as that of one of his maternal ancestors?
3. Are Vandal Savage and his grandson, Arion, considered to be his maternal ancestors?
4. Did he kill Black Manta's father; thus this being the main reason why the villain hates him so much?
Is Ocean-Master's hatred towards Aquaman is, in part, because of the latter's half-human, half-Atlantean origin?
Hi, Greg! Loved the Phantoms second half premiere. Just a couple questions that came to me while watching.
1. Since Robotman was present in the Premiere Building and we heard the Zeta Tube powering down, is it safe to assume that he was given an A designation?
2. Since we know Superman spoke to Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy immediately before flying to Agra (where we have previously seen him in Og Htrof Dan Reuqnoc), was he already considering suggesting the Justice League Reserve system to Black Lightning before speaking to the Legionnaires? Or did their talk lead him to the idea?
3. Every graduation I've ever seen or been to, the graduating class is seated alphabetically by last name. Since Harper and Violet are sitting together, can we assume that one of them has had a surname change? Or is Happy Harbor an outlier?
do Miles Morales exist the SSM universe?
How and When did king Orin meet mera for the first time?
How is Wonder Girlâs relationship with Robin holding up?
After the season 3 finale, I doubt that they would stay together after the truth came out.
in Star Wars Rebels, Is Ezra Bridger dead or alive?
First of all, I just wanted to say that Iâm a huge fan of your work, specifically the Spectacular Spider-Man and Young Justice series. They helped me develop my love for heroes.
1) Why did La'gaan (a.k.a. Lagoon Boy) leave the Team and returned to Atlantis?
2) Does La'gaan plan on joining the Justice League and changing his hero name to Lagoon Man?
When did they find Cliff Steele/ Robotman alive?
1. What species of shark is Nanaue Shaâark? Likewise, whale for Blubber and squid for Topo?
2. Is Nanauve populated by shark people or something?
3. What is Nanauveâs style of warfare and conquest?
4. How did some Atlanteans become less human-like and more like humanoid aquatic life?
5. Does King Shaâark love to pillage and conquer other places?
Awhile ago, I suggested you were afraid to address the characters' spiritual beliefs in a direct manner. Having watched a bit more than half of Phantoms, I feel I was too hasty in making that remark.
1)How many members does the Team currently have and who are they?
2)Are both Nightwing (Dick Grayson) and Karen Beecher aware that Artemis invited Arsenal (Roy Harper) to rejoin the Team. If so then how did they react when they became aware of Arsenal rejoining the Team thanks to Artemis?
3)Did Zatanna ever plan on having Khalid Nassour join the Team as a new member while also having Mary Bromfield rejoin the Team but without being Sgt. Marvel?
4)Does Arsenal have any future plans of joining the Justice League? If so then did he plan this before or after he rejoin the Team in the AudioPlay called "The Prize"?
5)Is Arsenal interested in collecting Alien weaponry (Whenever he gets the chance) and using them as his own?
1. What specific comic book storylines did you draw from in order to create the storylines for Seasons 3 and 4 of Young Justice?
2. What specific/ideal comic book storylines do you think might work for the storyline of Season 5 of Young Justice?
Assuming the Young Justice animated universe is the post-Infinite Crisis/pre-Flashpoint version of Earth-16, does the Earth-16 version of the Monitor exists? If so, what is the Monitor's name in this universe?
PS. If you have trouble understanding the second question, please read the "Monitors (DC Comics)" Wikipedia page; specifically, section 1.3 titled "Individuality." Once you've read through it, you will then understand why I asked what is the name of Earth-16's Monitor.
Can we expect to have some batman and wonder woman a bit as well since we have snippets of superman. And season 3 Bruce Wayne had brown eyes, can he get blue eyes this time like the comics?
do you know that glaad once honored bill clinton - the president who literally signed the defense of marriage act into law, used it as part of his re-election campaign, never apologized for it, and then when his wife ran for president, lied that it was a strategic move to prevent republicans from trying a constitutional amendment? oh, and he also instituted donât ask donât tell. and they honored him as an advocate for changeâ¦strange, isnât it?
they also backed the AT&T/T-Mobile deal years ago after taking donations from AT&T year ago - they got so much backlash from the gay community their leader had to resign. why would a gay rights organization even get involved in that deal, you ask? because they need to keep their corporate donors happy in order to function. this is why theyâre so quick to call out homophobia from conservatives but more reluctant to do so when it comes from liberals, who they rely on for press, policy changes, and donations.
my point is, they are not some flawless group of angels. they have done a lot of good, but there are a lot of politics at play. so just because glaad has signed off on something you did, doesnât mean they speak for the majority. if you have a significant number of people disagreeing with them, you should be open to listening instead of shutting them down.
how did the light react to the anti light? Did they find it amusing that the heroes were copying them?
Regarding the biometric scanners and designations for the Zeta-Tubes:
1. Did Doctor Fate's designation change after the vote to keep him in the League?
2. Does Doctor Fate's designation/scanner profile have to be changed every time Nabu takes a new host since biologically they're a different person? Or can the system detect Nabu himself and base the reading off of that?
2a. Would someone with a pre-existing designation (i.e. Zatanna) be able to use either their original, personal designation in addition to the one given to Fate?
I realize Fate's ability to teleport makes this a bit redundant, but I'm curious about how the Tubes work.
Who voiced Cooper in Insecurity?
Did Biggitz know he had a couple of stowaways?
I may be out of line by making this particular suggestion, but I really think you should consider making a "Young Justice Dark" spin-off animated series. The reason for this is because it appears to be actually happening in the comics; specifically in issue #13 of "Teen Titans Academy."
How difficult would be it for you to do a series like Young Justice but for the Marvel Universe instead in regards to worldbuilding?
What's your favorite alternate reality/universe/elseworld from the DC universe?
Not counting Young Justice of course
In Triptych, Livewire said that she could absorb electricity, but Black Lightning simply said that she never had his electricity before. All jokes aside, was there any actual reason she couldn't absorb his lightning?
Are any of the young heroes interested in playing cool card games like Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardfight!! Vanguard, Future Card Buddyfight, etc?
What about a Young Justice spinoff set 17 years in the future? The main characters will be the children of the Team and League, and the main antagonists will be the Grail, the daughter of Darkseid, and her human ally from Earth, Prometheus. The title will be called Young Justice: Future Generation.
here are the main characters:
1) How come Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) never appeared in Justice League Unlimited or the Teen Titans TV series (Original release: July 19, 2003 â" September 15, 2006)?
2) How Black Lightning didn't appear in Justice League Unlimited?
How would you feel if Salli Richardson directed a live action Gargoyles movie?
In the Earth-16 universe, is Stargirl's full name Courtney Elizabeth Whitmore?
It was stated by etrigan that his brother merlin cursed him into not attacking the heroes. So is the reason why etrigan attacked child because he was forced to by the curse and Jason blood? Or because he simply wanted a fight?
1) In season 2 before Despero attacks, Zatanna can be seen going through some of the recovered boxes from the cave. Was she still living there in year 5 before the cave blew up or did she just have some stuff remaining there? If she moved out, what city was she living in?
2) I was rewatching Artemis's arc in S4 and I noticed that Tigress, Orphan, Spoiler, Arrowette all have similarly patterned outfits (ignoring colors) around the waist and hip area. They all have that sort of side that ends at the waist and clip on utility belts. In particular, I noticed that Tigress in S2 had a strap belt but now uses the clip on belt. I looked up Batman and robin's S3 design and it's kinda the same thing, but with less contrasting colors. I was wondering if there was an in-show explanation for the similar uniforms. Like do the Bat and Arrow fam all get their uniforms from the same manufacturer? (If so who?) Like a base suit, which is then modified with colors and other things to customize for the wearer.
3) What's Nightwing's day job? I don't know if that was ever mentioned. Adding on to that, does he still have access to Wayne money if he asks for it or does Bruce set some money aside for him?
4) Do you know if there will be tie-in comics when S4 ends like the other seasons?
I want to thank you and all the people who worked on Young Justice. I remember discovering this show when I was around 10 and watching it constantly for years until it left Netflix. This show blew me away every time I saw it and I haven't seen a show like this since. Watching this show now as an adult, this show is still ridiculously good; better even, now that I understand the more mature themes and can spot subtext. I hope this show keeps running and you have the chance to share Young Justice's story to it's completion.
Has anyone ever dropped out of the Conservatory of Sorcery before? (aside from Kaldur)
Does Nigthwing have any kind of aversion to the date April 1st, due to that being the day his family was killed?
In regards to how the leadership position in Earth-16's Justice League works:
#1. Batman was identified as the leader of Justice League during the events of Season One and held that position for the entirety of that season; which was a time frame of six months. As such, if the leadership position is designed to only last exactly or about one year, then when exactly was Batman voted as leader prior to the events of Season One?
#2. Given what we've seen thus far in the series, why is it that the voting of the leadership position never occurs around the same time each year?
#3. Who came up with the idea of the co-leadership position in-between Seasons Two and Three, and does it still remain in effect even after the events of Season Three?
#4. Out of all the Justice League members thus far, and aside from the ones we've seen thus far who has held the position, who has been voted as leader at least once, and when exactly were each member given the vote?
#5. Aside from Black Lightning, has anyone prior to him been voted for a second term in the leadership position, or was he the first ever person within the Justice League to get it?
#6. Is there a number limit as to how many times a Justice League member can be voted as leadership if so, then how many?
Is the Earth-16 version of Batwoman currently in a relationship with either the Earth-16 versions of Renee Montoya or Maggie Sawyer?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Wonder Woman:
#1. Did she fought alongside the Justice Society of America during WWII?
#2. What exact circumstances prompted her to return to Themyscira in 1946?
#3. What exact circumstances prompted her to leave Themyscira in 2001; assuming a version of 9/11 did not happen in the Earth-16 universe?
Do you prefer milk, dark, or white chocolate?
Although Miss Martian and Superboy were keeping their relationship a secret from the team were they more public when they were at school? I doubt they were keeping it a secret from their classmates, but were they?
Is Mercy human with a robot arm or is she just a robot? Also why doesn't she ever talk?
Were the rest of the team aware of Wally and Artemis budding romance like Conner and M'gann's?
what happened to Superboy's old motorcycle? After he got Sphere he never really used the old one anymore? Did he give it away or is in storage with the rest of the team's old cycles?
1 How would you descirbe childâs and flawâs relationship compared to klarion and teekl? Are they sort of friends or do they have more of a master and Servant relationship?
2 Child was pretty upset when flaw was destroyed since she could no longer remain on the mortal plane, but did she personally care that flaw had died?
Will Batman and Wonder Woman love interests appear, Selina Kyle and Steve Trevor.
If Lexington was standing next to you (Greg), hunched or straight, where would he come up to height-wise (ex. shoulders)? And how tall are you? I hope these aren't weird questions, but I thought this might be a better way to figure out his height than just eyeing estimates.
1 Why did the other chaos lords choose to give child a extra boost of power?
2 Why isnât it the lords of order way to give a similair boost of power to nabu?
3 Why didnât the other chaos lords give klarion a boost of power?
4 Klarion was on earth before dr fate and Arion existed. Why did the lords of order allow there to be a lord of chaos on earth without also having a agent of order on earth?
5 Since the reason savage called for a meeting with the lords of chaos was for them to withdraw their support of child. Why did savage also summon the lords of order when they had no influence on child and her actions?
In episode 4X3, Em'ree says "I didn't bother with a canopy at EITHER of my weddings". Does it mean that she got married, then got divorced, and then married again, or it means that she is in a polygamous relationship?
Are polygamy/poliamourous relationshps and divorce accepted in M'arzz?
When Ed is joining the Outsiders in episode 18 of season 3, he says "But the three of us were talking after the funeral." in reference to Bart and Jaime. Was that meant to imply that Ed also went to Joan's funeral, or that he met up with the two of them afterward?
In beginning young justice season 4 Why Garfield decides he should end his relationship with Perdita? this is before conner died on mars.
How do you feel about the reception catwoman hunted has gotten?
Personally I really enjoyed it. It was one of my favorite dc content. I hope you get to make more animated movies in the future.
Did klarion have to choose another cat as his familiar after teekl died or could have chosen something different as his familiar?
how did the real b.i.f react to lady shiva and cassandra's attack on the hotel that was supposedly done in their name?
Are the following facts true in regards to the early history Earth-16's Batman?
#1. In 1986, after seeing a film featuring Zorro, eight-year-old Bruce Wayne accidentally directs his parents to Crime Alley due the joy and excitement he experienced from watching the film, and he and his parents would encounter Joe Chill.
#2. Joe Chill initially threatened Bruce and his parents at gunpoint; while demanding the pearls around Martha's neck. Thomas' attempt to resolve the situation peacefully results in Joe Chill killing Bruce's parents, taking Martha's pearl necklace, and (presumably) mocking Bruce for his role in his parents' death; all before fleeing the scene and leaving Bruce alone and emotionally distraught over his parents' death until Jim Gordon (who was presumably a Lieutenant in the GCPD at the time) arrives at the scene of the crime.
#3. Presumably after graduating from high school at the age of 18, Bruce took a two-to-three-year training trip around the world to learn the skills he needed to fight crime in Gotham City, and by the time he returned, the final things he needed were the technology and the equipment before he became the vigilante Batman at the age of 21.
#4. Batman has an encounter with a criminal known as the Red Hood sometime during his second year of his crime-fighting career. A conflict that occurred in the Ace Chemicals building led to an unfortunate incident in which Batman was unable to prevent Red Hood from falling into a tank of acid and left him to presume that the Red Hood was deceased; not knowing that this resulted in the "birth" of the Joker.
#5. Presumably, Batman had his first encounter with the Joker within the same year the villain was "born." In a manner similar to the revelation at the end of "Batman: Three Jokers," Bruce actually learned the Joker's true identity within a week after the first encounter. However, after he learns via further investigation about Joker's ex-wife, Jeannie, and the circumstances of why she left her husband, Bruce decides not to reveal Joker's true identity to the GCPD and kept it to himself for the rest of his life so that the existence of both Jeannie and her son would be kept secret from the public and the Joker.
Consedering klarion at first thought that child was sent to back him up Why was he so scared when he sensed her arrival?
Did you get Tommy and Tuppence Terror's names from the detectives of the same name (minus the terror part, obviously) created by Agatha Christie?
Does the light simply pick members who have a large amount of influence in the world?
What led you and Brandon Vietti to decide that Sergeant Marvel should appear as an adult, rather than a teen, given that the latter appears to have been her classic appearance in the original Fawcett Comics? I know that Mary Marvel has gone through a number of different looks in the comic books (at times looking like a teen and at other times looking like a young adult) and therefore Iâm interested to know why you and Brandon Vietti went with a more âaged-upâ version of her, rather than one who looks significantly younger than Captain Marvel. I am not asking for in-universe spoilers - Iâm just wondering about the reasoning and thought process for yourselves as creators. I hope you can elaborate, please. As always, thank you and hope youâre having a good day!
Who gave Barbara her nickname Barb? Was it Dick Grayson who started calling her that first?
does black manta still desire to turn his son to his side or does he currently see it as hopeless to try?
So after Superman returned to his and Lois' apartment in Metropolis, did Lois explain to him as to why Jonny was crying in the first place (and, as a matter of fact, what had happened anyway)? Also, did Lois get the chance to tease Clark about the fact that he came back home without his red boots (and presumably prompting him to blush red in embarrassment)? Finally, I assume that after Lois' explanation, Superman then got a call telling him the Javelin was ready to pick him and Martian Manhunter up and to take them both to Mars; prompting Superman to go back to the Watchtower (and to put his boots back on, of course)?
How old is Greg Vietti?
How old is Brandon Weisman?
1) Did Conner or Megan consider inviting La'gaan to their wedding?
2) If either of them did then would La'gaan accept the invitation or decline and chooses not to come.
Is the Earth-16 version of Virgil Hawkins currently in a relationship with the Earth-16 version of Frieda Goren?
In regards to the Outsiders:
#1. Is Wonder Girl's designation D-02 and Geo-Force's designation D-06; since they are two of the six founding members of the Outsiders?
#2. As a result of his actions in the Season 3 finale, has Geo-Force been locked out of the Zeta Tube designation system and can therefore no longer use the Zeta Tube even if he wants to?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Static:
#1. Is his full name Virgil Ovid Hawkins?
#2. Are his parents' names Robert and Jean Hawkins?
#3. Is his sister's full name Sharon Cassandra Hawkins?
#3. Is he friends with the Earth-16 version of Richard Osgood "Richie" Foley?
1. Since Teekl was with Klarion on the Watchtower, does that mean they had a designation as well? Did they have an A or C designation? I know you don't like to give those out here, but presumably, if Teekl had a designation, they would have been removed just like Klarion and Vandal's, so that would exempt them from your rule.
2.For the D-series, we are missing three designations. D-02, D-06 and D-08, which would have to be either Cassie, Brion or Cyborg(unless I am missing someone) Now, both Cassie and Brion were founding members of the Outsiders and Cyborg joined them later. He definitely can't be D-02 and D-07 is Eduardo who was on the team before Cyborg. So, by process of elimination, we can say that Cyborg is D-08?
3.Maybe this is a spoiler, but the D-designations didn't go into service until after Brion left the Outsiders. So, does mean he does not have a D-designation?
4.Designations are incremental based on the order people join their respective groups. In the case of the League, the first 7 are based on the order in which each hero arrived during the invasion. And for the B designations, the first order is based on the number of years they were active as heroes. E.g Robin is B-01 because he was a sidekick the longest, followed by Kaldur and Wally. So, what was the order for the Outsiders D designations? Beast Boy gets D-01, which makes sense, he founded the group, but how did they decide the order for the rest of the initial joiners?
5.I understand that this is hypothetical to the point of being moot, but what would happen if they run out of letters for destinations?
When did Lucas shave his beard?
Nightwing has a pair of twin fighting sticks used as close combat weapons. But has he ever thought or planned on getting and using a pair of twin fighting sticks that are a bit more powerful? Like for example a pair of Electroshock batons/sticks used by the Avenger Black Widow from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
1 how does vandal savage view his son as dr fate?
2 does vandal savage feel regret for his actions resulting in nabuâs death as a human and has he ever attempted to apologize to nabu about it?
Consedering klarionâs large roll in aqua girlâs death does kaldur and garth hold any grudges against him?
1.When production began on young justice outsiders, did you continue from where you left off when you the show as cancelled or did you go in with a fresh plan for the third season?
2.do you have a set endpoint for where you want young justice to go?
You have worked for the big two, DC and Marvel. Are there any properties from smaller comic companies you would be interested in adapting, like hellboy, spawn etc?
In regards to the Justice League's battle against the Appellaxians:
#1. Where exactly on Earth did the battle take place?
#2. How did the Appellaxians' attempted invasion attracted each hero's attention to the site of the battle?
#3. How long did the battle against the Appellaxians lasted?
#4. How long into the battle did the heroes learn that only way to win was for them to work together as a team; assuming that it did not happen right away when the heroes first came together?
#5. How were the heroes able to determine what the weaknesses of the Appellaxians were?
Are the following facts TRUE or FALSE in regards to Earth-16's Superman?
#1. Kal-El was born in the final days prior to Krypton's inevitable destruction; a crystal that would one day form the Fortress of Solitude is placed inside the ship along with the infant Kal-El.
#2. Kal-El's ship landed in Smallville, Kansas; his adoptive parents took him in as their own and considered him their miracle child because Jonathan and Martha Kent could not have a child of their own.
#3. As Clark Kent grew up, his powers slowly developed; he was likely initially afraid of what he could do and initially thought himself as some kind of freak or monster because of his powers, but he was reassured by his adoptive parents that he was not and that he was special.
#4. Clark likely had at at least one confidant outside of his parents who also became aware of his powers but who never told anyone else about them out of respect for Clark.
#5. After graduating from high school at the age of 18, the crystal that would become the Fortress of Solitude communicates with Clark and directs him to the North Pole where the Fortress is created and where Clark learns the truth about his origins and how to control his powers for the next three years (likely with the guidance of an A.I. version of his biological father, Jor-El) and then Clark moves to Metropolis after his training is complete (but at some point in time prior to his public debut as Superman).
If a Gargoyle was afflicted with Vampirism, would its stone form provide it necessary protection of the sun or just make them more vulnerable to it?
How did Elisa regain her memory after she suffered amnesia in Sentinel? She was still suffering from her amnesia at the end and by the next episode she was back to normal? What helped her to finally remember everything?
In YJ 2x16 when the mind image/flashback of Kaldur fake stabbing Artemis is shown, the water sword goes around her Quiver. Why is this? Would the fact that she was supposedly stabbed through, but her quiver was undamaged or even unmarked not arouse any suspicion?
Since Dingo reformed in the Walkabout is it safe to say he becomes friends/allies with Goliath, Elisa, Angela and Bronx?
Is Nightwing going to be important in the new episodes of season 4? I'm only asking because he is my favorite character and very exited for the new episodes.
Dear Mr Weisman i have some Young justice questions for you 1. How old is Isis (the justice league heroine not the other Isis)and how long has she been with the League? 2. Did the Phantom Stranger ever consider bringing Hawk man or hawk girl (yes i know her hero name is Hawkwoman in earth 16) to help Zatanna Dr fate and the others Fight Child as Nth Metal is supposed to be effective against magic or does the Thanagar 16 nth metal not work that way?
What is the sad song Artemis is listening to in the car in 4x05? I tried Shazaming it, but I couldn't get anything is it original, and if so will it be released? Thanks
1. Since Puck and Owen are the same person how did Owen explain his absence to Xanatos when he was taken captive by Demona as Puck in The Mirror?
2. Where was Xanatos during the events of Leader of the Pack?
3. In what year and month did Xanatos and Fox begin a romantic relationship?
4. When did Fox legally change her name from Janine Renard to Fox?
5. What kind of medical condition does Halycen Renard suffer from and is it also the cause of why so older and wheelchair bound?
I just want to confirm something. After Superboy died at the start of season 4, did he move away to live at the Kent Farm in Smallville or was he just visiting in the hopes of cheering Wolf up after Superboy died cause I find it hard to believe he wouldn't stay with his family of Miss Martian, Sphere and Bio-Ship in Happy Harbour? Also doesn't that also mean Cullen Row broke his promise to Superboy to look after both Wolf and Sphere?
After raâs al ghul left the orginazation does the league of shadows still have control of lazarus pits?
We did see Blue Devil acting as den mother to the outsiders. Is that a permanent post, or do other leaguers rotate in? If so, with what frequency?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Icon:
#1. When exactly was he born?
#2. Is the name of his homeworld Terminus and, as such, he is a Terminan?
#3. Because he arrived on Earth as an infant in 1810, he was adopted and raised by the Freeman family, correct?
#4. Because he's lived on Earth for over 200 years, does that mean he's used his secret identity name of Augustus Freeman for four human generations as Augustus Freeman I, II, III, and IV; with Augustus Freeman IV being his current human alias in the present day?
What are the birth dates of Miss Martian, Artemis, Kaldur, Zatanna and Rocket?
1. How did Xanatos find out the Gargoyles were staying at the Clock Tower?
2. I know the Gargoyles had been living in the clock tower since near the end of season 1 until the season 2 finale, but how long exactly as in were they living there for a 1 and 5 months?
1. Were the shutdown phrases for Superboy, Red Arrow, and Guardian (Jim Harper) voice-specific? (For example, if someone other than Lex said "red sun" to Superboy, would it have worked?)
2. Sportsmaster was Red Arrow's handler, and it seems like Lex was Superboy's, so who was Guardian's handler?
3. What was Jim Harper's shutdown phrase? It looks like it was used on him in 1x26.
More Spider Man and Gargoyles questions
1. When Magnus was looking through the Grimorum in the first episode what spell was he looking for and did the spell he find be the one curse he placed on the gargoyles?
2. If The Spectacular Spider Man wasn't cancelled, how many seasons would you liked to have done?
3. What happened to Princess Katherine's parents? Did they die and how? Illness, assassination, etc.
4. What would have been your endgame for Harry Osborn? Would he have become a real bad guy or redeem himself?
Questions for Spectacular Spider Man and Gargoyles
1. Was Bronx close to Demona before her betrayal?
2. If Spider Man had gotten a third season, would Peter and Gwen had gotten together?
3. How hard would it be for Peter and Gwen, knowing they love each other, but forced to stay apart because of Harry?
4. Did Tom's mother change her opinion about the Gargoyles too like Princess Katherine and Magnus did?
5. Would Peter and Gwen ever learn that Harry overheard their conversation in the finale and manipulated Gwen into staying with him? If so would they have ended their friendship for keeping them apart?
When Miss Martian's abuse of power in season 2 was finally revealed was she ever reported or reprimanded by the Team or Justice League for her actions? Was she ever punished for her actions or put on probation?
When was Forager born?
When was Mantis born?
In regards to Joan Garrick...
#1. What was the reason why she was hospitalized in the first place before she eventually passed away? Was it illness, or Jay found her collapsed on the floor at their home, or was there another reason?
#2. What was the decision to have pass away in Season 3 at the age of 96; as opposed to around or after the age of 100 (which is an age some people have reached in real life)?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Arrowette:
#1. Is her full name Suzanne "Cissie" King-Jones?
#2. Is her mother's name Bonnie King?
#3. How many years did she trained in archery before joining the Team in 2017?
#4. Is her father aware of her superhero activities?
#5. When she saw Green Arrow and Artemis again (presumably after many years), did she ever thanked them for saving her father's life?
When did Dudley take in Billy?
I was wondering the way Conner and M'gann got back together... was that always how you intended for them to reconcile their relationship or did you have any other ideas in mind?
Doesn't the public find Lex Luthor and Godfrey to be hypocrites since they actively supported the Reach prior to their exposure?
Why did you decide to break up Miss Martian and Superboy in season 2? Was this just to further challenge and strengthen their relationship. I can understand why since they are the main couple and have gone through more challenges and obstacles than any other romance on the show. Still I loved to know your thoughts about what you thought of the couple and their future at the time.
Have you ever thought about introducing Starfire at somepoint? I would love to have apart of Young Justice and see what her relationship with Nightwing would be like? Maybe even a potential love triangle with Barbara Gordon?
Why did Beast Boy choose Cassie to replace him as the leader of the Outsiders while he was on Mars and during his depression ?
When production began on Young Justice Outsiders, did you resume with what you were planning for season 3 at the time of the cancelation or did you go in with a fresh plan?
Do you have a specific end point in mind for Young justice?
1 What influenced your decision to make rictus female?
2 Does the light consider sportsmaster a target after attacking black manta?
Love young justice watched it since I was a kid.
Is Artemisâs dog named Brucley or Bruce Li cuz I feel like those names are easy for people writing Wikipedia pages to mix up.
I know that before the events of the last episode of YJ Season 3 the Justice League got restrained in dealing with problems, even with helping with humanitarian efforts after disasters, thanks to restrictions placed by the United Nations ever since Lex Luthor became UN Secretary-General. But did the League ever think of trying to expose him for his criminal activities in the first place so that he can be removed from his position and maybe even arrested?
Note: I thought of this from that episode of Young Justice Season 2 called "Summit" in which the Reach finally got exposed for their evil nature after the young heroes got the evidence they needed to do so and it didn't take years to do that. Plus after remembering Benson Fuhrman (Who's real last name is Hairmore) from an episode of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Season 2 called "Scarebear".
Should there be a Teen Titans or Young Justice in the DC Extended Universe? Because I think it would be pretty interesting if either one of those young superhero teams were to appear in it.
How well does Superboy fight underwater?
1. Why didn't Superboy report Miss Martian's abuse of power in season 2 after they broke up?
2. When M'gann apologised to Conner on the Bio-Ship for what she tried to do to him was that the first time she apologised for what she had done. From the sounds of it it sure seems like it?
3. Are Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris a couple?
4. When M'gann and Conner eventually got back together when did they let everyone know? Was it right away or did they keep it a secret for while like when they first got together?
When Artemis agreed to fake her death back in season 2 I keep wondering how and why would she agree to particate in that kind of mission, letting everyone. Friends, family, teammates etc think she was dead. What she said at the start of the episode, âI'm needed nowâ, she acted like this was a typical mission when it wasn't.
What are those rock display in the M'orzz home on Mars? Do M'gann's parents collect them and if so why? I always wondered about that?
Also is that the home where M'gann grew up and if so how did they managed to house at least 30 kids!?
Who else attended Joan Garrick's funeral?
Who else attended Wally's funeral?
Was Beast Boy an actor yet?
Why do you decide to make Miss Martian bald in season 3?
1 - Where was Artemis when Dick was exposed to the X-Pit. Everyone went to the Premiere Building after learning the news, except Artemis? Where was she and why didn't she come?
2 - When news about the Anti-Light were exposed and M'gann and Conner were arguing what exactly were they saying?
How did Nightwing managed to keep everyone at bay in regards to Miss Martian's kidnapping? I'm curious that clearly everyone would want to rescue M'gann from Black Manta and she was held hostage for 2 months from April to the end of May. How could Nightwing handle the sitaution to those who didn't know the truth that M'gann was restoring Kaldur's mind without comprising the deep cover mission?
Did darkseid order granny goodness to become a member of the light or did she volunteer herself? If it is the latter then why?
In a previous posting, I had asked you that for each of the New Gods that have appeared thus far in the Earth-16 universe, what were their ages in terms of human biological years. Hopefully, you will have already answered that question.
This next question I am giving you is a follow-up question: For each of the New Gods that have appeared thus far in the Earth-16 universe, what are their ages in terms of actual Earth years?
Assuming Metron considers the Fatherbox to be his "son" and the Motherbox to be his "daughter" due to regarding Cyborg and Halo to be his "grandchildren," then how old would both the Fatherbox and Motherbox be in terms of human biological years?
In regards to Ted Kord's death in "Young Justice" Season 2, I assume that Ted somehow initially held his own for a while against both Sportsmaster and Deathstroke; until the two villains eventually gained the upper hand and grievously wounded him. And then, I assume the explosion happened because Ted decided to sacrifice his own life and set his lab to self-destruct to ensure that the Scarab did not fall into the wrong hands; assuming he was trying to destroy it (which obviously failed). Sportsmaster and Deathstroke probably survived the explosion by finding some cover at the last possible second, and then they probably stealthily fled the scene before the authorities or the Justice League could arrive. Is this assumption about the circumstances of Ted Kord's death correct? If not, then what really happened in that fight and what actually caused the explosion?
Was M'gann planning on taking Conner's last name once they were married? or was she planning to hyphenate? M'gann Kent or M'gann M'orzz-Kent?
Also is it the same with Lois? Is she Lois Kent, Lois Lane-Kent or just the same old Lois Lane?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Vandal Savage:
#1. Since he was born around 48,000 BCE, that would've during the time of the Late Stone Age (Upper Paleolithic), correct?
#2. Was he born in what would eventually be known as the Perigord Noir region of France?
#3. In regards to the cave bear that attacked him, is it from the same species of cave bear (Ursus spelaeus) that would become extinct in Europe by around 24,000 BCE?
#4. When the meteor that gave Vandal his immortality crashed on Earth, where exactly on the planet did this take place; assuming that it was not in the same region in which he was born?
#5. Just like in pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth), was he a member of the Blood Tribe (even though the tribe would probably likely consist entirely of Homo sapiens on Earth-16; as opposed to Neanderthals, like in the comics), and did he inherit the name Vandar Adg after the death of his own father (who previously held the name)?
The following Justice League members do not have their designation numbers revealed yet; HOWEVER, it is clear that they have be somewhere between numbers 27 to 35 AND they were inducted around December 2017. The seven known members without the given designation numbers between 27 to 35 within the Justice League are:
That leaves an eighth unknown hero that has strangely not been identified yet. For this two-part question, the first one is who is the eighth unidentified hero who also joined the Justice League, and the second one is in what designation number order between 27 and 35 were these eight heroes inducted into the Justice League?
Next, the following members joined between the end of Season 3 and the beginning of Season 4:
Metamorpho - 37 (presumably)
Cyborg - 38 (presumably)
As such, my question to you is if this assumption is correct? If not, then what are the correct designation numbers?
If I may so bold as to make a very important suggestion to you, I would like to say this:
If "Young Justice" gets renewed for a fifth season, I honestly feel that you should make the designations for The Light in-universe canon and have them be verbally acknowledged via a computer system. What I think you should do is have The Light have access to its own version of the Zeta Beam technology (which would make sense; assuming the Light managed to copy the data needed to create their own version during the time they used the Starro-tech on the Justice League in Season 1), and using a male computer voice to identify its members. The idea of The Light having its own Zeta Beam technology would make sense in the event that Klarion isn't around to transport people from one location to another; because The Light can't always rely on him to do that sort of thing.
Has Jamie ever introduced Traci to Tye?
In regards to the Light...
#1. I am assuming the "ancient" incarnation of "The Light" only consisted of Vandal Savage and any and all of his descendants of his bloodline over the millennia who willingly joined his cause?
#2. I am assuming that Vandal Savage (L-1) and Ra's al Ghul (L-2) became co-founders of the "modern" incarnation of "The Light" after their conversation with each other (which took place at some point between 2006 to 2007), and the other original members (L-3 through L-7) were then invited one by one in the years that followed?
In regards to Earth-16's Lena Luthor, is her full name Lena Kieran Luthor; just her Arrowverse counterpart? Also, in regards to Lena's current status in the Earth-16 universe, is she or is she not paraplegic?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Lex Luthor:
#1. Is his full name Alexander Joseph "Lex" Luthor?
#2. Is his mother's name Lillian, Arlene, Letitia, or Leticia Luthor?
#3. Are he and Jimmy Olsen distant cousins; like in the post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity?
#4. When exactly was he invited to join The Light?
#5. Because of the Starro-tech, does he now know that Clark Kent is Superman and, if so, has that changed anything in regards to his animosity towards Superman (assuming it happens in the Earth-16 universe)?
By any chance, will the "Young Justice" TV series ever explore the history of Earth-16's version of the Old Gods?
For each of the New Gods that have appeared thus far in the Earth-16 universe, what are their ages in terms of human biological years?
Questions in regards to Earth-16 version of Darkseid?
#1. Is his real name Uxas?
#2. Is his father's name Zonuz; who is also known by the name, Yuga Khan?
#3. Is his mother's name Heggra?
#4. Is his sister's name Avia?
#5. Are Kalibak and Orion his only children, or does Darkseid have other children who have yet to make an appearance in the Earth-16 universe?
Did Martian Manhunter know Miss Martian was really a White Martian when they first met? If so was he okay with letting her pose as a Green Martian?
Hey Mr. Weisman,
Since Marvel Studios is reviving the 1992 "X-Men" TV Series as "X-Men '97" on the Disney Plus streaming service in 2023, in your honest opinion, do you think that Marvel Studios should also revive "The Spectacular Spider-Man" TV series at some point in the future? Have you ever considered contacting Marvel Studios to discuss the possible idea?
If "The Spectacular Spider-Man" had continued beyond Season Two, would there have been a storylne that would've likely incorporated elements from "The Night Gwen Stacy Died"?
After Guy joined the League, (and probably quickly proved how annoying he can be) did Hal and John ever take a moment to say "We told you so?"
Where do Tara and Gregor now live together since Tara doesn't live in the Premiere Building anymore?
Is Gregor doing anything to try and reclaim the throne?
Have the Goode Goggles been discontinued?
Who runs Goode World Studios since Granny is gone?
How long did Superman and Beast Boy stay on Mars to help Miss Martian after Superboy was killed?
Was James Gordon forced to shut down the Bat Signal? To confirm it wasn't his choice he was forced by higher ups right?
Do the Justice League regret inviting Guy to join them
Has the Justice League ever kicked out a member before
Have they ever considering kicking out Guy Gardner from the Justice?
What year did Psimon and Devastation become a couple?
How long have they been dating by season 3?
When was Onslaught team officially formed?
Who is the leader of Onslaught?
Does Icicle Jr still have a crush on Tuppence Terror or is he finally over her?
I want to thank you so much for clearing up the matter on the designation numbers for the members of The Light. I had read your response that you did on March 14, 2022, and I had read your thorough explanation on it. So now, whenever new members join the ranks of The Light, it should hopefully be much easier to keep track who comes and goes from this point onwards... assuming the next time-skip that occurs in the series does not complicate things...
Why is Nightwings's eye colour now silver in season 4?
What was Miss Martian's reaction to finding her and Conner's home in shambles because of Victor and Halo? Also did she blame them or Conner?
Why does Green Beetle's bio-ship smaller than Miss Martian's bio-ship?
Does the light hold black manta accountable for the damage kaldur did as a double agent?
Since Giovanni and Bruce are friends...I was wondering if Dick and Zatanna have met before she first visited mount justice?
What was Miss Martian doing during the group's mission in markovia?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. what is the name of Dinah Lance's flower shop and what part of Star city is it located in ? 2. Does Miss Lance ever where glasses (like oracle or Dr Jace do) when having a session with someone in star city or when she has a customer in her flower shop ? 3. Was Erika Ishii the first actress you had in mind for the roles of Mary and child or did things just work out so that she got both roles?
Why did Miss Martian have long hair in the Torch Song comic when she still had short hair at the end of season 2? Why did M'gann have long hair again? Did she bring it back to get Conner's attention or was that just an error?
Hi Greg, I hope you're well! I have a few questions related to the everyday life of the Manhattan clan.
1. When they lived in the Clocktower, how did they get food? Did Elisa simply buy them groceries? Did they ... take what they needed... from nearby supermarkets? Something else?
2. In the clocktower, did they take turns doing chores to maintain the place, like cleaning/dusting, washing dishes, etc.? If so, did they have a schedule or just did things as needed?
3. Did Broadway do all or most of the cooking, or did the others also cook sometimes?
Since Conner works from out of his home as a motorcycle mechanic does this mean he is his own boss and doesn't work under anyone. In short, does Conner have his own motorcycle business?
I'm confused about Em'ree. She was the only one of M'gann's siblings who was willing to attend her and Conner's wedding, but at the same time, she also showed she wasn't entirely supportive from their argument in episode 3. In short did Em'ree really support or approve of relationship?
Also did her views really changed when Conner died and she saw how heartbroken M'gann was over his death?
By 2020 do Artemis, Nightwing, Superboy and Miss Martian still have the option of joining the Justice League?
Why did Conner decide to join the Outsiders
Why was Artemis chosen to lead the team inside of Dick?
In regards to the mention of Superman mistaking Captain Marvel as being a Kryptonian in "Agenda", I figured it's (mostly) referring to some of the surface similarities between the two.
Was that by chance also a reference to Supes believing Power Girl to be Kryptonian, but she really wasn't at least following "Crisis On Infinite Earths"?
Have you and Brandon Vietti watched or heard of a Japanese animated film (created by Mamoru Hosoda and produced by Studio Chizu) called Belle (2021 film)ð¼ð¶ by any chance? I'm just being curious.
I have some questions regarding Wonder Woman and Troia from Young Justice
1. Are Wonder Woman and Troia sisters?
2. Are their mother Hippolyta?
1. What year did Conner and M'gann move into the apartment above Lucas Carr's house?
2. What year did M'gann become a student counselor at Happy Harbour High School?
If Season 2 had 26 episodes instead of 20, would one of those 6 additional episodes had feature Miss Martian and Superboy getting back together on the show instead of in the comics? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the comics and again THANK You for reunting Supermartian in them, but sometimes I wonder what would it be like to actually hear the actors voice the lines and to actually hear the song play. Also what is the official name of the song that M'gann sang in the Torch song comic where she expressed her sorrow and regret/her love for Conner.
Hello Greg, my nameâs Ben and I have a questions regarting Young Justice.
1. When did Stephanie Brown become Spoiler and Batmanâs protegÃ©?
2. Is Spoilerâs father Cluemasterâs real name Arthur Brown?
3. How do the superheroes Fire and Magog look like in Young Justice?
4. Will DC characters like Huntress, the Question, Mister Terrific, Vigilante and Shining Knight from Justice League Unlimited appear in Young Justice?
5. Why did you choose Brent Spiner to play the Joker in Young Justice instead of Steve Blum? (I mean Brent was a voice for the Joker, but I think Steve wouldâve suit it better since he played the Green Goblin in the Spectacular Spider-Man series and I think he would be perfect to voice the Joker).
There is a part of me that feels badly for levelling any criticism against you or Young Justice because I'm just glad we got a season 3 and a season 4 and, hopefully, a season 5. But, I'm going to do it anyways.
The still-scenes really bug me. It seems to me that there were a lot of them in Phantoms part 1. If they are there to lighten the workload for the beleaguered animators then why not give them a few more months to work on the show? Yes, I would like more Young Justice as soon as possible, but I'm also prepared to be patient and wait for higher quality work. I'm sure there are other fans who feel the same way.
Or, is it not that simple?
1 Since the lightâs whole goal is to make earth the center of the universe. Would they allow a alien who is not affiliated with darkseid (for example sinestro) to join their ranks if there was a vacant seat?
2 If black manta and/or the Brain were to escape prison and there was recently a seat vacant could they be allowed to rejoin?
3 what was the light planning to do with ocean master if he listened to lady Shiva and decided not to kill the leagueâs family?
Is ultra humanite still interested in experimenting on halo and cyborg?
When did Stephanie Brown become Spoiler?
When did Traci Thurston become Thirteen?
When did Freddy Freeman become Lieutenant Marvel?
When did Mary Bromfield become Sergeant Marvel?
When did Troia become Wonder Woman's sidekick?
I meant I did not think everyone one else hated him that much.
In the question shown below.
When I was checking out some info about the characters of Young Justice in TV Tropes I found this on La'gaan/Lagoon Boy (Shown Below).
"The Friend Nobody Likes: Heâs constantly berated for being whiny, constantly ruining the mission, and he can be found unbearable. Even those who he usually doesnât interact with have clear implications that they dislike him for some reason (Take Beast Boy who's a Shipper on Deck for M'gann and Superboy). Aqualad is probably the only one who likes him."
I know that La'gaan sort of had a bad attitude and not completely a friendly guy (Nor completely bad either), but did all of members of the Team really hated him completely and that Kaldur might be the only one who likes him? I know that Superboy and Beast Boy didn't really like him, but I did think everyone one else hated him that much.
Fisrtable i gotta say that you're an amazing cartoon writter, i have enjoyed Young Justice and Spectacular Spiderman in special.
My question is:
I'm so newbie on Animation, how can i approach a work on those incredible series that you worked for, what does it takes?
With no more questions i want to thank you for your time!
What year and month did Tula and Garth become a couple?
Did Kaldur ever stand a chance at getting together with Tula before she got together with Garth?
Did Tula have any feelings for Kaldur or did she always see him as just a friend?
Did Tula know about Kaldur's feelings for her based on her brief talk with Garth in Downtime?
Have you ever thought about making a movie for either Young Justice or Gargoyles. If you ever did, what would they be about?
Hey Greg, first I would like to thank you for introducing me into the DC universe and creating such an amazing show. Young Justice is what actually got me into DC universe, I was big Marvel fan but slowly started admiring DC more and started watching more DC animated shows and movies. I wanted to know if you had thought about the possibility of introducing the Teen Titans into Young Justice considering that are many teams in the show like Justice League, YJL, Outsiders and the Batfamily. I would love to see characters like Damian (Even though as of know he is still a baby), Starfire, and Raven. After watching and finishing the DCAMU I wondered if you thought of introducing a similar dynamic of that Teen Tians team into Young Justice. I especially loved the relationship between Damian and Nightwing and Damian and Raven I thought in both these instances they were really well created and helped contribute to each of these character's development. The brother dynamic was touching as well as the short lived romance between Raven and Damian. Curious to see if you thought of implementing a similar dynamic into the show. On a final note I would like to thank you and your team for creating one hell of a show and I will be doing everything I can as a fan to help push for a S5 and beyond.
Who are your favourite couple on Young Justice and why do you love them?
Who are your least favourite romance and why do you dislike them?
Do you ever regret separating Wally and Artemis at the end of season 2?
Why did you decide to separate Conner and M'gann in season 4? Why make M'gann suffer the same pain and heartache of losing the love of her life as Artemis once did?
In what year and month did Robin and Wonder Girl break up and to confirm was Wonder Girl the one who ended the relationship?
Does Robin ever regret not telling Wonder Girl the truth about the Anti-Light team and keeping her in the dark?
Prior to their trouble in season 3, what were they like as a couple in general since we know very little about them due to their lack of screentime?
Do you ever wish they had more development in their romance and if you had the chance what would you include to expand on their relationship?
Season 2 related questions for Red Arrow and Cheshire relationship
What year did Red Arrow and Cheshire get married?
In what year before season 2 did Cheshire leave Red Arrow?
Where did they get married? Was it a city hall marriage?
Who knew about Red Arrow and Cheshire's marriage in season 2?
What year did Traci Thurston/Thirteen join the Team?
When did Traci and Jamie become a couple?
How long have Traci and Jamie been dating by the start of season 3?
What were your thoughts on the Bluepulse ship and did you ever consider getting them together?
When did Zatanna take Traci on as a protege?
Are their any couples on Young Justice you wish you had more screentime for like Red Arrow and Cheshire, Mal and Karen or Robin and Wonder Girl? If you could expand on their relationships/romantic storylines would you include for them? Also do you think there's a chance for a eventual reunion for Red Arrow and Cheshire.
What have you enjoyed most about the challenges for the couples romantic journeys? Which ones are your favourites and what made you decide on these kind of obstacles for the couples?
Have you ever wished that Young Justice could do a crossover with another DC cartoon? Example: do a crossover with Justice League Unlimited from the DCAU? I know the series has long since ended, but if you had the chance what would you do for a crossover? What characters would you include and what would the plot be about?
Are ultra humanite and granny goodness under normal circumstances more cooperative or have they always disliked each other?
miss m is seen holding people in mid air but is her Telekinesis strong enough to grab and hold superboy in mid air? If yes how long she could keep it before superboy realase himself? A few seconds? minutes?
And could she do some real damage to superboy like breaking his bones or tearing apart his limbs with Telekinesis?
Great show by the way
Thank you all
I have a question about miss martian Telepathy
,ms.martian can easily brain Blast people that will cause great pain and may leave them Unconscious (as seen in Se1 Ep21 when Megan brain Blast conner,dick and wally so they can't find out her true form) so why doesn't Ms. Martian use this more? She could have ended lots of fights in the first place with this ability and I think her reluctance to use this ability has nothing to do with her fear of hurting people because conner,dick and wally woke up unharmed and only with a headache.
I know you are very busy but I hope you can answer my question
Hi Greg ! Hope you're fine !
1)What use is Belle Reve prison if anybody can enter and escape by boom-tubing in and out, like Vertigo at the end of season 3 ?
2) Don't you think it's a little too simple to suppress anybody's powers with a simple collar ?
3) Megan in season 2 didn't have any powers except telepathy in the submarine, so how come she hadn't been forced to take her true martian form ? 'cause the collar should have suppressed her transforming power too at that point.
4)Could there be a collar for Darkseid ? If they work on martians and kryptonians and so on, why not on him ? :)
5)Don't you find it a little nonsensical that Vandal (a human being) had to remind to the lords of chaos and order (immortal beings that are essential to the universe) their ONLY JOB (keeping the balance in the universe), which btw they do since 16 billions years ? I mean, what else are they supposed to do then !? I gotta admit I thought they were dummies at this moment ^^
But, to your credit, that gives a nice feeling of mythological poetry (full of nonsense but great to tell).
Vandal is probably the most interesting character on the show, that's impressive how you guys managed to make him so well !!! So clever, so mysterious, so powerful... And he's neither all bad or all good, he represents the human race, like a dark guardian angel taking care of the Earth !
Thanks for this show, that's a real gem I could watch a hundred times !
Does Earth-16 Doctor Fate keep the souls of previous wearers of the Helmet of Fate in the Amulet of Anubis like Earth-1? I remember that Kent's soul 'stuck around' with Nabu for a while until Nabu released him in "Misplaced" for speaking out against keeping Zatanna, but in "Teg Ydaer!" during Zatara's plea to Nabu all of the previous (on screen) wearers appear in the dimension with them in a ghostly form. Or am I just reading too much into it?
Hey Greg! This definitely isnât meant to be hostile and I hope it doesnât come across that way, but Iâm curious why you donât answer questions about characterâs sexuality on the basis of no spoilers, but you will answer questions about, say, Bruce or Artemisâ eye colors, or Traciâs ethnicity. Why is a characterâs sexuality a bigger spoiler to reveal than any other surface level descriptor of them? Obviously asking something like âis Tim going to end up dating Bernardâ is a spoiler request, but asking âis Tim Drake bisexualâ doesnât feel like one, at least to me. Generally the rule for spoilers on here is that you donât want to tell a story here, but why is clarifying someoneâs sexuality a story whereas clarifying other surface details not?
We never got the chance to see, but what colours did Superboy's eyes turn with the spy/dark tech lenses?
Are the rest of the light aware of how and when klarion and savage met?
Was there a reason Red Torpedo didn't speak in Humanity? You had Jeff Bennet in the cast, after all.
Dear Mr Wiesman Do the fallowing Creatures exist in the Gargoyles universe? 1. the Lusca (giant octopus) 2. the Mokele Mbembe ( Saurapod dinosaur from Africa) 3.The Kongamoto ( a still living Pterosaur) 4. The loveland frogman 5. Tailypo ( acat like or cat fox mix with a long tail that you may what to give a wide berth to if the Tail is not intact)
Dear Mr Weisman I know that you revealed that The Loch Ness monster exists in the Gargoyles universe Do the fallowing creatures Exist in the Gargoyles universe as Well? 1. Bigfoot 2. Yeti 3. Almus (giant ape like the first 2 are) 4. Mothman 5. The Chupacabra
What year did Garfield and Perdita become a couple and how long have they been dating by season 3?
1. Do you know about that popular fast food restaurant chain in the DC Universe called Big Belly Burger?
2. If so is there any Big Belly Burger restaurants in Young Justice (TV Series)?
3. Would any of the young heroes be interested in eating at Big Belly Burger?
4. Is there any family entertainment center and restaurant pizza chain in USA of Young Justice (TV Series) that's a parody of Chuck E. Cheese's?
In regards to your plans for the Gargoyles: Time Dancer spin-off, is there supposed to be a main villain, or any recurring villains in general, like with Demona?
After the granny goodness situation are the light still willing to accept certain members of darkseidâs inner circle as potential light members if there is a vacant seat or are they all banned from joining the light now?
In the past, you said at the end of Young Justice season 1, there were 179 name DC characters and at the end of Young Justice Invasion, the total increased to 241.
1. What was the total number of name DC characters at the end of Young Justice: Outsiders?
2. What is/was the total number of name DC characters at the end of Young Justice: Phantoms?
3. In December 2021, you said there were 759 name DC characters in an Ask Greg reply. That appears to factor in characters that were only mentioned. That seems like a very big jump from 241 at the end of Invasion to the end of Phantoms. Did the previous totals you cited for season 1 and season 2 ignore characters that were only mentioned?
4. Regarding your totals per season, I would like to ask for clarification on how you factor in the name DC characters that appear in the comic books and in the Legacy video game. Like for example, for Issue #0 to Issue #19 and the first Free Comic Day comic, were those added to the season 1 count of 179, were those in Issue #20 to #25 and from Legacy added to the Invasion count of 241, and the Torch Song digital comic included in the Outsiders count?
Is Zatanna closer to Artemis or Raquel?
Since retiring from the Team where do Karen and Mal live? Do they live in Ivy Town or Happy Harbour? Also who are the godparents to their daughter?
Season 3 related questions.
1. Why was Miss Martian chosen to become the new leader of the Team after Aqualad joined the Justice League? Why her specifically and why not somebody else?
2a. By the time season 3 had started had long had the Justice League members been in space battling meta human trafficking?
2b. How did the JL members (specifically the ones who have a secret identity and a civilian life back on earth) explain their absence to their place of work or their loved ones who are not aware of their duel lives?
3. What does Jefferson Pierce do for a living or is being a hero his full time job?
4. Prior to the forming of the Outsiders, how often did Garfield keep in touch with M'gann and Conner?
5. Did Gardita (Garfield and Perdita) and Supermartian (M'gann and Conner) ever go on double dates together and if so were they private or public dates?
I know they are young adults, but did Dick and Kaldur ever receive some kind of punishment for keeping everyone in the dark about the deep cover mission? They lied to everyone and did commit some serious acts like kidnapping members of the Team, putting others in danger and blew up Mount Justice?! Undercover mission or not I just don't understand how they could just get away free without so much as reprimanding?
In regards to Eduardo, I just realized that in Episode 16 of Young Justice Outsiders, Virgil makes reference to himself as a 7th wheel... I don't want to say more, to avoid a very minor "spoiler?"
1) I'm curious as to how subtle that was meant to be?
2) Also, as implied, is he out to just the team? To the heroes? Or to the world in general? (Or is he not out to them at all, and Virgil is just guessing?)
Honestly. I'm kind of surprised no one's asked about this yet, though I guess I did just notice it today.
Thank you so much for an amazing S4. I'm really hoping we can keep the binge going to help get S5.
1. I'm wondering if you've given any thought to any of the souvenirs that Wally and by extension Garfield got during Team Year 1-5. Not asking for specifics, just if you and Brandon thought about it.
2-4. You mentioned that you're more willing to confirm defunct designations like Bart's original A Designation. You also confirmed Ed and Vic had temporary B designations before the D Designations came into play.
2. Was Vic's Outsider Designation D-08?
3. Was Vic's temporary B Designation B-35?
4. Was Ed's temporary D Designation B-34?
5. Was Brion retroactively given a D Designation that was never put into use in order for the members that followed him to maintain accuracy in the number scheme for the designations?
1st off thank you for answering my question from Nov 13, 21. Okay, I am going with a few new questions.
Trek- I think I know the answer on this one. Are your decisions on Trek VA's based on their Trek characters? Also is it just you or Brandon chooses too? Not controversial now, but Robert Beltran portrayed a Native American in S2 of YJ and was known as Chakotay on ST:Voyager. Him being a Latino actor (with I believe that he said he has some Native Roots?), voiced a Native American character. I'm sure he was chosen for that. Hope there was no ill issues, as bothÂ Gregg Rainwater & Irene Bedard at least starred with him in that episode. As well as Mr. Spiner playing the Joker, a pun on his Data characteristic of being an unemotional android. Thanks for the puns at any rate.
Pandemic- Will this 2020 Corona Virus pandemic ever be mentioned or alluded to in the YJ Earth-16 continuity?
Captain Atom- Read your truth musings on Captain Atom. Always wondered how many ex "Charlton" heroes exist in Earth-16?
If you could go back in time when you wrote season 1 is there anything about the light you would change or add?
Who attended Raquel's wedding?
Why didn't you let Conner and M'gann kiss at the end of Season 2 that tortured the Supermartian fans for 6 Years!!!
In the year 2020 of young justice timeline Why did Garfield Logan decide to breakup with Queen Perdita before Conner died on Mars?
Has any other girl tried to make a move on Superboy (flirt, ask him on a date etc) and if so how does he handle it? Everyone knows heâs attractive and so does he. Did a lot of girls try and get his attention when he and Miss Martian were broken up (like say off-screen or on Collage campus)?
Not too long ago or at least as of 2020 up to now, I got around to articles on Gargwiki of properties referenced in Gargoyles, made a reference to it or both. Basically from DuckTales (both 1987 & 2017) to Kim Possible to Amphibia.
Aladdin of course being among them, and relating to that...
1. So while Puck's mentioning of Aladdin's lamp was made to reference the Disney show from the same time, as I noted was more in line with the original telling. In which the Lamp Genie had no real limits for the most part. And for those reading this post, there were indeed two genies in some versions of the story, including the Ring Genie.
So did Owen ever watch the Disney film Aladdin, or is his knowledge based on the previous versions?
2. On that note, you ever watch any of those other animated takes on Aladdin? I actually did see the version myself from Bevanfield as a babysitter of mine had kids who owned it on VHS.
3. Now the Aladdin article was something I did initially cause of The Mirror along with the comic making references to the Disney version, but one bit of tidbit that came to my attention.
Well I wasn't unaware of the time, The Animal Kingdom from Aladdin was pretty similar to The New Olympians episode. Mainly Aladdin being in the place of Elisa. Only difference being that TAK is a one off which ends with more of a feeling that the residents of the village might be able to trust more humans in the future.
The thing catching my notice more recently was both episodes besides their shared story is Michael Dorn voicing a character reluctant to trust either Elisa or Aladdin.
Any chance that TNO inspired the Aladdin episode, especially since the spinoff/series was in planning before Gargoyles?
What year did Raquel get married and more importantly who did she marry?
Who's your favorite Season 4 main villain?
1. What is the relationship like between Superman and Miss Martian since they were about to become in-laws?
2. How did Superman feel about Conner and M'gann's break up in season 2? Did Conner confide in him about what happen and did Clark ever enourage or advise him to reconcile with M'gann?
1) How come Tye, Asami, and Arsenal (Roy Harper) weren't invited to the Harvest Festival that took place in the episode "Illusion of Control". Shouldn't those three still be friends with Ed and Virgil after the events of Young Justice Season 2?
2) What was Roy Harper doing during the events of "Illusion of Control"? Was he celebrating Thanksgiving in his own way or was he doing something else?
3) Would Arsenal (Roy Harper) be interested in having a smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3?
Who would you say is Conner's male best friend? We know his best friend in general is M'gann obviously since he said so in the Torch Song comic, but who would you say is his closest male friend?
do you guys consider zodiac signs as a factor to determine the characters' birthdays? I find it interesting how both Dick and Connor have some traits from their respective signs
How did Conner and Mal become friends since they got off to a rocky start?
Is Blue Beetle's armor stronger and way more powerful than the Iron Man Armor: Mark L (Avengers: Infinity War) and the Iron Man Armor: Mark LXXXV (Avengers: Endgame)? Hypothetically speaking of course.
1 both black manta and ocean master are villains who specialized in water and had a grudge against Aquaman. Did the light pick black manta to replace ocean master because of these similarities or was that just a coincidence?
2 You stated that the light picked ocean master as a member because if he could become king of Atlantis they would have control of 3/4 of the globe. So after ocean masters expulsion did the light still have plans to take over Atlantis or did they just lose interest?
3 Would the light be willing to expand their ranks to more than 7 seats if the situation called for it?
Who are your favorite members of the light?(both current and past)
Hi Greg! I appreciate you Brandon and everyone else who works on S4. Iâm a big fan of Chalant & SuperMartian. Do you have a favorite young justice character and if so who? Thanks again for all your hard work and & I canât wait for the second part.
If you've read the mini-series, "Dark Knights of Steel," you'll know that it is a medieval fantasy DC Universe. In this universe, this version of Superman has a younger sister named Zala Jor-El; whom I assume is that universe's equivalent of Supergirl. My question for you today is in regards to Zala Jor-El. If a version of Zala Jor-El were to exist in another DC Universe, and if she were to live with the Kents, then what do you think her human name should be?
When did Ted Grant become Wildcat?
When did Wildcat join the Justice Society?
Did the real T.O. Morrow act on his own initiative to destroy the Justice Society, or did he do it at someone else's behest?
How is Professor Ivo capable of eluding telepathic probing and which telepath did he face before?
Hello, I hope your day is going well.
Minor spoilers for young justice
1) Would you consider Vandal Savage the main antagonist or the principle hero?
2) In the episode of Gargoyles titled Golem, why is the word Jew never used? was that the censors or something else?
3) Do you recommend watching season 3 of Gargoyles?
1) Does the Illuminati know about Macbeth?
2) Did Gruoch suspect Gillecomgain was Luachâs father?
3) How did she feel about it?
4) where in Ireland was the Irish Clan based?
5) Can you tells a bit about the personalities of Brooksbro and Hyppolyta?
1) What will Demona think of Angela and Broadwayâs relationship?
2) Youâve said Demona will have 2, potentially 3, great loves in her future will they all be gargoyles?
3) When he first met her did Goliath suspect Angela was his daughter?
4) Does Nightstone unlimited still exist by 2198?
5) What will Demona think of the New Olympians?
1) What will happen to Cyberbiotics after Halcyon dies?
2) Did Thailog know about Demonaâs Clean-slate plan?
3) Will Goliath ever learn about the Pukhan, Xanadu, Loch Ness and New Olympian clans?
3) How many large was the Wyvern Clan at the time of the massacre?
4) whatâs the average size of a Gargoyle rookery?
5) when the Space-Spawn invade will Oberon learn about it?
Don't you think that you're dangerously falling into silly positive discrimination by making so many characters bisexuals or LGBT ? I mean, that's really taking huge proportions in YJ and I find it to be pretty disappointing and worrying...
You said in a precedent answer that "maybe you weren't woke enough", but precisely, woke is only reverse discrimination,
don't you think ?
With all due respect !
1) How did Demona buy her house in Chelsea?
2) How will she react to Goliathâs death?
3) When she tells Angela âI know every remaining Gargoyleâ is she talking about the Manhattan Clan, does she know about the surviving clans or is she just putting on a show?
4) I got the impression that Goliath and Demona both wanted to reconcile but he gave up on her at the end of âCity of Stoneâ when did she give up on him?
5) Did Demona ever go back to castle Wyvern after 994?
How did the Terror Twins get their powers?
when are you going to make revival or reboot of Gargoyles? we miss old Disney cartoon.
This might be a really weird question, but... how did Bio-Ship feel about Conner and M'gann's break up in season 2 since basically she had a front row seat to the two of them discussing their break up in Depths! That was just so heartbreaking and since Bio-Ship can communicate with M'gann, did she express any opinions to her about the situation with Conner and her powers?
How did Superman and Martian Manhunter feel about Superboy and Miss Martian getting married and the fact they were about to become in-laws themselves? J'onn and Clark becoming in-laws since his niece and his brother were about ready to become husband and wife?
Hey Greg. I was wondering, what would you have done to distuingish Hobgoblin from Green Goblin in Spectacular? Design-wise, personality-wise, who would you have had in mind for a voice? How do you see his mystery playing out?
Does Wizard call himself a wizard as opposed to a sorcerer like Wotan, because he studies spells like a scholar would building aptitude over time?
Likewise would a sorcerer call him/herself a sorcerer/sorceress because it is more of an art for them like being able to sing or draw art really well? In previous answers you said they were like synonyms but what I laid out is the Dungeons and Dragons/fantasy explanation and I was wondering if on Earth 16 practitioners would follow a similar train of thought?
1. While the situation on Earth was atypical and agreed on by both sides, what would the Lords of Order do in a similar situation to balance the scales when Chaos was giving extra power like they did with the Child? Nabu said it was not their way to directly give power but surely they would want to balance scales or am I being too hopeful of said Lords of Order?
2. Was that spell that Wizard used in S4 EP 12 a reference to Gentleman Ghost or a coincidence? And what exactly was that spell he was using?
3. What type of magic does Wizard specialize in?
What caused Jefferson Pierce and Lynn to divorce?
I'm curious, did you ever nail down an age for the Reach Ambassador? Reach Scientist? Even just a rough equivalent age?
When did Mal and Karen find out the truth about who M'gann and Conner really were that she's a martian and he's a half human/kryptonian clone? Also how did they find out and when did they learn about the Team?
Normally every season of Young Justice always has 26 episodes except season 2. What else would you liked to have included if you had those 6 additional episodes? Plot wise, character development, the romance etc?
Hi Greg, Iâve been a long term follower of Young Justice, and I just want to say thank you for creating such an amazing show.
1. What constitutes into what Beast Boy is able to turn into, like does something he turns into have to be considered an animal species, or can he turn into a humanoid version of an animal? Could he turn into a green version of King Shaâark or something
2. In seasons 1&2 when Jâonn or Bâarrz used their psychic powers, their eyes would glow red and opposed to Mâgann and Mâcommâs glowing green, but in Season 4 Jâonnâs eyes glow green, is there a specific reason this change?
Hey Mr. Weisman, I was wondering if Mal and Karen got married during the time skip During young justice: outsiders
Have you pinned down Ra's al Ghul's birth year?
How could the team have a funeral for Wally since his body evaporated? His body ceased so how could they still have a funeral with an empty casket? Despite that where is Wally buried. Is it next to Joan Garrick in Central City?
How long does it usually take for a vacht light seat to be filled? Granny goodness was replaced quickly, but it took a while for ocean master to be replaced with black manta
Was there a reason Dr. Fate didn't speak in War? You had Kevin Michael Richardson in the cast, after all.
Did Detective Daniels survive Harm's attack?
I've been watching the really old Marvel cartoons on Disney+ and just started "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends". I could be remembering wrong, but was there any plans to feature Iceman and Firestar on "Spectacular Spider-Man", or am I thinking of the 90's series? If I'm not mistaken, would the pair have stuck around or would they have just been in one episode?
Thanks for your time, and I can't wait for the secoond half of YJ season 4!
So in both Elder Wisdom and one of the audio plays you did where The Team tries to recruit Peter Parker, it's mentioned or implied that members of the Team have to have a parent or guardian sign off on their joining. Is this a literal signing off, and if so, who's the lawyer who draws up the forms?
Why exactly did Dick and Kaldur need Artemis specifically for the deep cover mission? Why her exactly and not anybody else? What could she bring to the table to help them with their mission?
On what day and month exactly did Garfield and Superman returned to Earth following their trip on Mars?
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Deathstroke:
#1. Is his full name Slade Joseph wilson?
#2. Did he ever go by his alias, The Terminator?
#3. Does his family currently consists of Charles Wilson (father), Adeline Kane (ex-wife), Grant Slade Wilson (son), Joseph William Wilson (son), Rose Wilson Worth (daughter), and Wade LaFarge (half-brother)?
when are you going to revive Gargoyles?
There's been less talk of it in season 4, but how is the Meta human trafficking problem? Is it still a big issue or has it more or less been stopped?
Has the Justice League reconsidered dedicating the shrines of their fallen heroes in the Hall of Justice once its finished being rebuilt?
Has re-construction on the Hall of Justice finally begun. The last I heard it was being stalled because of the UN or is it rebuilt now?
Why Garfield Logan would still have broken up with Queen Perdita on earth if Superboy did not die on mars?
Does Gregor have the metagene and any Earth powers, or is he just a baseline human?
What's your opinion on fans meeting their idols and the effect that has on them and their behavior in the fandom.
I've observed this in many fandoms, such as Star Wars. Fans who become too self-important after getting behind-the-stage passes. This also happened with the Gargoyles fans who were in charge of the Annual Gatherings.
In the case of YJ, I noticed that the Whelmed Podcast people started to act and come off seriously arrogant after they started hanging out with you and other voice actors in conventions and stuff. They were so down to earth before, but since then they talk like they stand two storeys above the rest of the fans that haven't met you or don't have a direct contact to you.
It's an interesting phenomenon. I wonder why that happens. Lack of self-worth and need for self-validation?
You said you check the YJ Wiki often. How often? And how reliable is the information there?
Personally, I think it's fascinating that creators visit fan sites.
1. Prior to their visit in Season 4, how often does M'gann keep in touch with her parents? Also how does she contact them?
2. Was it a hard decision when you decided to blow up Mount Justice?
3. There's something that's been bugging me. When Wally and Artemis left the Team prior to season 2, they still had their Zeta privileges, but yet when Jeff resigned in season 3, Kaldur revoked his access. How come Wally and Artemis got to keep theirs, but Jeff couldn't?
4. When was the rest of the Team allowed access to the Watchtower in Season 2? At the start only seniors members were allowed, but when was everyone else allowed access?
5. Who current and previous residents living at the Watchtower right now?
When Outsiders first aired on DCâs defunct streaming service, from what I saw, a significant portion of the fandom did not like Halo as Muslim representation, non binary representation, or as a character in general. Iâm not sure how much of this you saw at the time since from what I remember, ask Greg was closed for a long time and the viewership was smaller than on HBO Max. I think the people who felt most strongly against it simply stopped watching and interacting in online spaces. And thatâs why you donât see as much criticism about it. Though from what Iâve seen, the opinion does persist in certain parts of the fandom, but people love the show so much they look past it. The fact that MPAC is so supportive of Halo goes to show that they *are* out of touch with a significant number of fans. I donât know much about them, but perhaps theyâre not as familiar with issues in comic books compared to film media? Maybe they didnât see the backlash since it was restricted to certain places like Tumblr, Reddit, and YouTube? I donât know, but the fact is that there is a good amount of people who disagree with them, not just one or two, and they seemingly missed it and didnât warn you. Same goes for Halo as non binary representation, you seemed caught off guard that some people didnât like it, so maybe you need to diversify your sources. Saying that is not âinsultingâ the people who work at these places. I am entitled to my own opinion and my whole point was, YOU do not have the right to tell me that Iâm wrong to feel the way I do because someone who works at MPAC or GLAAD feels differently. People disagree about whether characters are good or bad representation all the time, just because one person likes it does not mean everyone will. Ideally, youâd be open to multiple sources of feedback instead of one. But you do not have to listen to me or anyone else, I would just like if you would stop using these institutions to shoot down anyone else who has a different opinion. My whole point was, stop responding like that and just let people feel the way they feel, let people have debates and critically analyze the media they consume freely, stop getting so defensive. I literally never said I had a problem with Khalid using magic, I never told you that you canât create diverse characters as a white man - I said you as a white man donât have the right to tell someone else that their opinion is wrong because you donât know where theyâre coming from, I never expressed a desire to âdrive you off Twitter.â I actually used to think young justice had some of the best diversity, I just think you missed the mark with Halo. The ramble you posted had nothing to do with what I was trying to say, you falsely assumed I was only referring to Khalid (I donât feel strongly about him one way or another, but he at least was an improvement). Maybe I couldâve been clearer, but maybe you also shouldnât have made such a big assumption and responded while you were angry.
1. What are the singing voices of the original Team like? Specially who is a good or bad singer?
2. What are the original Team's favourite genres for music and TV?
1. How much does Conner and Garfield know about M'gann's other siblings?
2. What were Superboy's thoughts on the tension between M'gann and her siblings such as Em'ree?
3. Did Lucas and Bethany have an actual wedding or did they get married at city hall? Also who served as Best Man and Maid of Honor? Was it Conner and M'gann?
4. Where the rest of M'gann siblings since they refused to attend the wedding?
5. What were the reactions of M'gann's brothers and sisters after finding out about Superboy's death and M'comm's actions?
1. When did Lucas and Bethany get married? Month and Year please?
2. Did Forager move out of the Premiere Building or does he now live in Geranium City?
3. Does Cyborg still live in the Premiere Building or did he move back with his father?
4. Who currently lives at the Premiere Building by 2020?
5. How many times have Conner and M'gann visited Mars throughout the past 10 years?
6. Why did Garfield and Superman leave Mars after Superboy's death and didn't stay to help M'gann to hunt down M'comm?
I'm curious how did M'gann pull off throwing a surprise birthday party for Conner on board Bio-Ship? Where would they get the supplies? Did the party only include her, J'onn and Garfield or did any of their friends join via hologram or video call?
I actually rounded up some examples of you using MPAC and GLAAD to dismiss criticism, since I know you'll try to pretend you've never done that even though the evidence is right here on your own blog:
Right here you say -We've been working with MPAC (the Muslim Public Affairs Council), GLAAD and OUT on these plotlines. They are aware of our long term plans for Halo and have been extremely supportive. This suggests to me that the response you speak of isn't monolithic. So I'll admit it has been hard for me to apologize for things, which I believe, in the long term, will be appreciated by the Muslim and LGBTQ+ communities.-
Do you SERIOUSLY NOT SEE how you're using these organizations' support to dismiss what the asker was bringing up??? You think that because those organizations liked it, all of your fans that were unhappy with the choices you made were wrong and would come around once they understood your vision. Do you not see how you're basically saying the opinions of MPAC and GLAAD are more valid than your fans? And this was not one person, this was MULTIPLE people. If a significant portion of your fans are reaching out to you about something and your response is -well MPAC/GLAAD said its fine- then you are invalidating what they are saying.
You also say -It sincerely makes me feel awful that I've "hurt my fans in the LGBT+ community". I AM truly sorry about that. But I know for a fact that I didn't hurt ALL my fans in that community. Because I've talked to a bunch of them. Not on Twitter or on ASK GREG but in real life.-
First of all, of course you didnt hurt ALL your LGBT fans because not everyone has the same opinion, that doesnt change the fact that you did upset some; but you used the fact that some people werent upset as if it cancels out the people who were upset. Secondly, did you ever consider the fact that the people in your real life may pull their punches because they know you? Or did you ever consider that you may have a limited scope of the LGBT community through the people you know and maybe you should try to get a variety of perspectives before dismissing something?
Your response was better here, but you still felt the need to bring up that MPAC likes your long term plans and suggest the asker simply didnt understand your vision and would eventually like it. Just because MPAC likes your longterm plans doesnt mean this asker, or every Muslim fan, will too.
And because you took such offense to me suggesting that Hollywood orgs like MPAC/GLAAD can sometimes be out of touch with everyday people (btw, I am both Muslim and gay and I am speaking for myself. I feel they can be disconnected from what the youth are talking about. That is how I feel. No org is perfect or above criticism. Youre not a part of either community, so how would you even know what Im referring to? I mean, you couldve asked instead of flying off the handle, but we're past that). I would like to call attention to this issue with Halo:
Did no one at MPAC bring this issue to your attention and warn you that this could bring a negative response? This is literally one of the biggest issues female and POC characters face in comics and media in general. I think any young POC fan wouldve told you this. If they truly did not advise you against graphically killing Halo multiple times, then I think this goes to show that these institutions dont catch everything, this is why its important to listen to your fans along with them to get a full perspective. You seemed to suggest that I was insulting the org by me saying they don't represent everyone...all I was saying is that its only one perspective and you shouldnt only listen to them or use the fact that they like something to dismiss something a fan is saying.
Clearly, I touched a nerve and this caused you to misconstrue what I said and go off an a tangent about something i wasn't even talking about. Maybe because you were still upset about that tweet, which funnily enough, is the one criticism I personally don't agree with, I just noticed that you used MPAC as a shield yet again when I think it would've been better to ignore it and let that person have their own opinion. I noticed it's becoming a pattern with you and that's why I brought it up (notice I said increasingly, meaning I wasn't referring to one incident).
Truth is, you have created a bubble for yourself. The fandom on Twitter has become a place where you can't be critical of the show without getting flamed, so people don't discuss as much. Tumblr, where most of the fandom used to congregate, is pretty much dead; if it was still in its heyday, I think you would've seen a lot more backlash to Halo in particular. This forum is moderated before a question reaches you. I have seen some good discussion on Reddit, but I dont know how often you go there.
I never said you needed to leave Twitter, I suggested you maybe not respond defensively to everything. You dont need to do a poll for every decision as you sarcastically suggested, youre lucky enough to have a fanbase that gives you constructive feedback. It's impossible to please everyone, but you could use your fans as an additional resource to get a fuller perspective. But if you don't think our opinions are important enough to listen to, that's your choice.
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Ra's al Ghul:
#1. Is his mother's name RÃºh al Ghul; like in the comics?
#2. Was Ra's al Ghul once married to a woman named Sora (who was his first wife in the comics) at some prior to being married to Melisande (who was his third wife in the comics)?
#3. Is Talia al Ghul his only daughter, or does he have other children (such as his other daughter, Nyssa Raatko, and his son, Dusan al Ghul) that have not yet been revealed?
#4. Is Damian his only grandchild, or does he have other grandchildren (such as his granddaughter, Mara al Ghul) that have not yet been revealed?
#4. Does he have a half sister; who is identified in the comics as a "Daughter of Acheron"?
Hello. I am the person who sent the question about you using MPAC and GLAAD to shield yourself from criticism and I see you responded in a ramble. Um..wow lol what a response.
You mistakenly thought I was only referring to that one tweet and threw a huge tantrum that I mischaracterized what you said and disrespected the Muslims who worked on the show, when you in fact mischaracterized what I was trying to say.
First of all, I was not referring to the one tweet only. I was mostly referring to how you responded to criticism of Halo. You used the fact that MPAC likes her to dismiss a lot of valid criticism about the character. And I have seen several of your answers on here when someone is critical of an LGBT character where you say GLAAD signed off on it so the criticism the person is bringing up âisnt a monolithâ. You can search on here and find those yourself. Thatâs why I mentioned GLAAD, why would I randomly throw them under the bus as you suggested? Maybe you shouldve taken a moment to think about that and consider I wasnât talking only about that tweet instead of flipping out while you were emotional.
THAT type of response is what I take issue with, not the characters you have created. In fact, I disagree with the tweet about not making a Muslim practice magic, I think that is more than fine. But not everyone agrees with me, there are some who believe it is haram and will take offense. Because as you say, we are not a monolith and it will be impossible to please everyone.
I just dont think you should make a habit of responding to these types of things using these institutions as a shield. And when I say that they can be out of touchâ¦its just a simple truth that an institution cannot represent an entire demographic as a wholeâ¦I donât know why you interpreted that as me disrespecting them. These institutions are based in America, which limits their scope, theyre adults, theyâre naturally going to be out of touch with the youth, and they work in Hollywood, theyre not going to see the perspective of the working class. Not that their opinions arenât valuable, but if youâve got more than one fan reaching out to you on social media about something, you should value their perspective equally as much.
And as for your lovely sarcastic response asking if you should take a poll, actually lots of creators will pose general questions about representation on Twitter to gauge the response. Itâs not unheard of. Or you can just read what people are saying and take it in without responding. Clearly you were being hyperbolic to make it seem like I was demanding something ridiculous. Real mature.
Finally, I LITERALLY NEVER SAID you canât create diverse characters. Do you see me say that anywhere? Where did you get that? All I said was I donât like how you were seemingly using these institutions to dismiss criticism and invalidate other peopleâs opinions. All I said was I think you should stop responding in that way and just accept not everyone will like what youre doing.
But hey, thanks for willfully misinterpreting everything I said, responding in pure anger, and getting defensive. white male fragility at its finest.
Hey Greg - you have repeatedly said you do not think giving Dick tech skills was taking away from tim because you think a modern version of the character would have those skills. i would like to offer a counter argument: dick does exist already as a character in modern comics as nightwing, and while he does have tech skills, he is consistently shown not to enjoy it or be the best in the batfam at it. he often turns to barbara or tim when something requires a lot of tech work. also tim is supposed to be the Robin most skilled in this area, that and detective and strategy skills is what sets him apart from the others who are more naturally skilled in the physical things. but in the show you have seemingly made dicks tech skills better or equal to tim. therefore i do think giving dick tech skills was taking from tim and did a real disservice to the character once he came around - tim has nothing unique to bring to the table in the show
I thought I understood something but I just read an article that is making me doubt myself.
The writer describes Zatanna as more ruthless than Batman because she took on apprentices with sole aim of using them to free her dad from Nabu without ever caring about them at all. I thought this reading was extremely harsh and wrong.
My understanding is that Zatanna's plan to save Zatara did not occur to her until "Undo!" So, it's not as though all those years ago Zatanna made Thirteen her apprentice with the intention that she could someday be used as a pawn to free Zatara from being Dr. Fate.
Do I have that right?
when u made the choice to drive one plotline forward instead of exploring the world slowly did u ever consider the wasted potential? so many characters and storylines left behind by the time skips. kinda makes me sad tbh.
I havent been able to get into young justice since it returned which was disappointing since I was a huge fan of the first two seasons, I keep trying but I was so confused why the show wasnt about the team anymore, then I recently saw you say that the show was never about the team itself, its about the original team as individuals and thats why the team isnt a focus anymore. Im honestly baffled by thatâ¦I thought the show was called Young Justice because it focused on the young heroes, aka the team. I think it also kept the show more organized when that was the focus. The only arc I have enjoyed in the latest season was Artemis, and that just so happened to be the only one that featured the team, it was the only time since it came back that it reminded me of why I wanted this show back. I think this decision was a creative misstep and I know I am not the only one who feels that way. Its your show but sadly its not the show I fell in love with anymore.
Why was Black Lightning a lead in season 3? I love the guy but it made no sense in the context of the show. He was never a young hero or on the team with the others. The only reason I can think of is that you wanted to get brownie points for making a Black character made that grandstanding speech to the rest of the heroes. It wouldâve been nice if you developed Virgil instead.
How I imagine the pitch for Halo went:
âHey letâs create a Muslim character in a hijab. Weâll get so much credit for being woke. Oh, but I donât want to put any effort into it, so letâs erase her entire cultural identity and make a brand new characters inside her body.â
âGreat idea man. Weâll get praised no matter what since weâre white men and people will just be so impressed that we even thought to make a Muslim character.â
âTrue. Letâs pay a Hollywood institution to have a handful of Muslims sign off on it just in case. That way, no one is ever allowed to criticize us. After all, everyone knows that if one Muslim says itâs okay, that invalidates everyone else.â
âWeâre so smart.â
How close did I get?
1. Why did B'arzz O'oomm request the Team's help at the end of season 2?
2. Since Superboy, Miss Martian and Beast Boy were selected for the mission to help B'arzz did they travel to Mars via Javelin or Bio-Ship?
3. Is the trip to Mars and the Watchtower shorter than Mars to Earth since it takes a whole month's travel?
4. When Bio-Ship "retired", how long does she have left to live?
5. Is 10 years the normal lifespan of a Bio-Ship? I figured it would be longer or roughly the same time as the martian lifespan?
1. Whatever happened to Garfield's pet monkey back in season 1
2. What became of the Logan Animal Sanctuary? Was it shut down or did someone take over the reserve?
3. Why did Garfield decide to get rid of his tail?
It was made clear that a lot of the martians did not approve of M'gann and Conner's relationship or the fact they were getting married, but what were the White Martian's views on the subject since one of their own was marrying an Earther?
1. Why didn't Sphere attack Aqualad when he infiltrated the Cave in Season 2? That always bugged me and I'm REALLY curious.
2. What year did Artemis move in with Will and Lian?
3. When did Will form Bowhunter Security?
4. What happened to Conner and M'gann's ceremonial altar after his death? Was it taken down or is it still in intact as a tribute?
5. Do the Martian species now see Superboy as their greatest hero since he saved their race?
6. Did the Martian race finally accept M'gann and Conner's love/relationship after his death?
Dear Mr Wiesman I have some Young justice questions for you 1. Besides Dubbilex and Super boy can any other non human clone Genomorph speak English or any other Language ? 2. Did all the Genomrophs at Cadmus make it to geranium city or did some decide to live else were disguised as humans like the genorophs in geranium city do? 3. Besides Mayor Tompkins Sheriff Maguire and the Girls does anyone else live in Brooklyn Maine ?
Did any other girls have a crush on Superboy when they joined the Team and if so who? (obviously aside from Miss Martian and Artemis)
1. How do M'gann's family feel about this current situation regarding M'comm, his role in Conner's death as well as trying to kill the entire martian race? Have they given hope on him? Have they disowned him for tried to do and especially what he did to Conner and M'gann?
2. When did the rest of the Team and Justice League finally find out the truth about the deep cover mission? (minus the ones who already knew). It always annoyed me a bit how we never got to see everyone altogether finally find out the truth. Also why did you decide not to include that?
3. Why did Troia leave the Team?
4. How difficult was it for Artemis to rebuild her life since she faked her death and how did she explain the situation to certain people who weren't aware of her hero life?
1) Are there any comic book runs that you either disliked or were dismissive of when they were first released that you ended up loving when you revisiting them as research for Spectacular Spider-Man and/or Young Justice?
2) If you got the opportunity to expand upon the future you created for the Ben 10 franchise with Ben 10'000 and Ken 10 would you do it? Or would you rather do something else with the Ben 10 franchise if you were given the offer?
3) How do you feel about superhero characters swearing? I ask this because I've noticed that the fact that superhero comics were heavily censored for decades led to people reading a lot of Silver Age characters as being aversive to swearing simply because they weren't allowed too, and the same goes for a lot of children's cartoon characters, so whenever something comes along that features those characters casually swearing they get angry at it, and I figured that you, being someone who grew up at the later end of the Silver Age and entered the industry right as it started experimenting with cursing in comics a bit more, would have an interesting perspective on this bizarrely contentious subject.
4) Are Watchmen characters on the table to be referenced in some capacity in Young Justice, or do you consider that world to be too fundamentally separate from the rest of DC's library to use in this shared DC universe show?
5) Would you be willing to go more in-depth about this Supergirl story you were planning on doing in the 1980s that you mentioned on here not too long ago?
Who voiced Karen Colin?
I just realized that we've never learned that last names of anyone from Atlantis. Aside from the mermaid character, Lori Lemaris, we don't know the last names of Kaldur, Tula, Garth or La'gaan which begs the question... What are their last names?!
What year did Conner meet M'gann's parents?
What made Miss Martian change her appearance after all this time? For five years she continued to pose as a green Martian even after everyone found out the truth about her and then sometime in the years between seasons 2 and 3, she finally changed her skin from green to white? What finally caused this change and why didn't she do it before? Also what year did she finally change from green to white?
How long did Miss Martian cry at the ceremonial altar after Superboy died?
What months in 2019 did Robin and Windfall join the Outsiders?
When did Paula move to Star City?
How old was K'rii St'ferr when he performed M'aatt and J'ann's ceremony?
Do you if the third season of Gargoyles will ever be released on DVD?
Is investigating the death of Superboy the top main priority of the Justice League and Team?
Do you ever plan to actually animate the Audio Play episode that set between seasons 3-4?
In Cornered, Miss Martian and Superboy shared a private talk in the episode. We find out later that she told him what she did to Aqualad, but did she tell him the entire truth? By the time Nightwing came clean about the deep cover mission, did Superboy already know that Aqualad wasn't a traitor and that Artemis was still alive?
Also aside from the deep cover mission, did they talk about anything else besides that? Did they talk more about their relationship? Did they share any intimate moments or spend the night together?
1) Is Dr. Erdel's first name Saul or Mark in Earth-16?
2) How old was Dr. Erdel when he brought J'onn to Earth?
3) How old is Ibac?
4) How old is Sabbac?
5) How old is Headmaster?
1) What's the name of the Happy Harbour Police Department officer seen aiding in the evacuation of the city in Welcome To Habby Harbour?
2) What's the full name of Norman, the Intergang member seen in Disordered?
3) What are the names of Perdita Vladek's parents?
4) What are the names and ages of the cameraperson and director for The G. Gordon Godfrey Show that we see in Cornered?
5) Were any of the Belle Reve officers that were created for Terrors given full names?
When did Madame Xanadu and Zatanna meet?
1. It's well known that you originally wanted to introduce Troia and Mary Bromfield earlier in the show as far back as season 2. Although we all know why you were unable to include them, I'm curious about what kind of stories would you liked to have done with them if you could have at the time.
2. Why didn't Beast Boy use a glamour charm to hide his green appearance?
3. When did Zatanna move out of the Cave?
4. When did Red Tornado/John Smith adopt Traya?
5. When and why did Artemis leave the Team during the 2 year between seasons 2-3?
Why and when did Cyborg join the Justice League?
What are the personalities of Lori Lemaris and Beluga Boy?
And are there other Atlantean merpeople in Atlantis?
1) What is the full name and age for Pete, the boss of Iris West at GBS?
2) What is the full name of Harvey, the actor that plays Der'Chow in Space Trek 3016?
3) How old is Blackbriar Thorn?
4) How old is The Wizard?
5) How old is Felix Faust?
Hey Greg! Hope you're doing well!
1. Has there ever been a character decision that you have ended up regretting? (both in YJ and Gargoyles)
2. In the YJ universe, what villains were you thinking of adapting but ended up not doing it? or what villains did you not introduce in the past seasons that you would be interested in introducing now? (if you don't want to answer cause of the no spoilers thing, that's also okay :D)
3. Would you ever want to maybe expand on the Earth-17 issue?
4. Is there a possibility of the speed force being part of YJ universe?
5. As Catwoman:hunted is kind of adjacent to the YJ universe, will we ever see her in the show?
Also I loved the Catwoman movie! you and ur team did an amazing job on the movie!
sorry if any of the questions go against the no spoilers rule ,:)
1. How old is Bethany Lee Carr?
2. How does Bethany know Lucas, Megan and Conner?
3. Why haven't Oliver and Dinah gotten married after being together for more than 10 years?
4. When did Conner meet Jonathan and Martha Kent?
5. Since Conner died are Wolf and Sphere going to be staying with M'gann or will Wolf stay with the Kents and will Sphere go back to New Genesis?
6. When did Red Tornado move out of the Cave?
I have been a big fan of your work for a long time. I love Young Justice, Gargoyles and the Spectacular Spider Man and the one thing they al have in common are their incredible love stories. I was wondering what are your favourite romances from each of these amazing shows you've created? What are your top favourite love stories and why do you love them? I'd love to know your opinion?
Hi Greg! I apologize for how long this is!
I love young justice, but I kinda wish you kept Dick as a single guy who just liked women and had a will they wonât they thing with Zatanna and just kept it to that. Because ever since you put Dick and Babs together. It has caused quite the shipping war between the two fandoms.
While I do prefer Dick/Zatanna, I personally never really had opinions
with Dick/Babs. My only problem I had about them, was really your comments about why they werenât together until xyz and explaining their relationship. One was the notion that Dick only loves Babs and would marry her in an instant regardless. I feel thatâs a really bad portrayal of love, if youâre in love with someone else you shouldnât be dating other people! Itâs really not fair and kinda undermines the development he had with Zatanna. For me, it takes me out if investing much time in how Dick reacts with other characters if itâs just gonna be thrown to the side for another relationship. Itâs just not really fair to the characters involved and instead they should have been given other life interests that will actually mean something and not be used as a temporary thing or stepping stone.
The second was that Babs was waiting for Dick to mature to be with him. Babs shouldnât imply that needs Dick to change himself to be with her. He doesnât need to grow up for her, he needs to for up for himself and hopefully he will realize that he is who he is and the person who will marry him will have to accept that. I get it that she wants Dick to mature, but personally, I donât think Dick is all that immature and in fact, acts very much like a normal young man haha if he isnât ready to settle thatâs fine, but implying that he needed to grow up and Babs will wait for him to marry him, itâs not a good set up.
I could be misinterpreting you, and perhaps you never intended for it actually be portrayed that way, but thatâs how it came off to me personally. I really hope I didnât come off mean or ranty, I just felt your comments on the couple maybe could have used more context.,
I kinda just miss Dick with no strings attached. Still kinda trying to figure out who he is. A little flirty with everyone because he loves women clearly. No past loves or pining for anyone. Just one man on a journey you know? Looking forward to the future and leaving the past where it belongs. Hanging out with his friends and fighting crime. I think itâd be great to see Dick move on from both Zatanna and Babs and just eventually down the line find his true love that he never thought in a million years he would meet! I just wanna see Dick grow and evolve for himself inspired by himself.
I hope you get more seasons and love your work so far!
What do you think Shade did to Stagg?
Who is orphan's father ? I mean he must be a pretty special guy, because I really don't see Lady Shiva in a relationship.
She looks like the mantis type, cutting your head after love.
Yeah... Really don't see Lady Shiva falling in love or even making love...
I've gotta say Garfield sure misses his deceased loved ones that he's lost (Including Superboy/Conner Kent) just as much as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa series) misses his friends who became victims in the Killing School Life that happened in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (video game) and it's anime adaptation (Danganronpa: The Animation).
He (Makoto) even suffers from "Survivor's Guilt" as shown in the brainwashing scene of Danganronpa 3 - Future Arc Episode 11 underscores just how much Makoto regrets being unable to save those who died in that Killing Game including his former love interest Sayaka Maizono.
But still what's happening to Garfield has never happened to Makoto not even after he escaped the Killing School Life along with 5 of his other friends.
1. Unlike her uncle J'onn and her sister M'gann Em'ree isn't capable of fighting, is she?
2. Since Emâree is a Scientist does that mean she has Genius-level intellect?
3. Do you think it would be a good idea for Emâree to become a mission coordinator for any of the Heroes?
In the episode "Endgame" Superboy, Miss Martian, and Beast Boy were on Alpha Squad and send to Mars to go and help Bâarzz Oâoomm.
Why does B'arzz O'oomm need the Team's help anyway?
1. Will La'gaan (a.k.a. Lagoon Boy) appear in Kaldur'ahm's Arc during the other half of Young Justice: Phantoms?
2. In between Seasons 2 & 3 of Young Justice, several members left the Team including Lagoon Boy and they all had a specific reason for doing so (Although I'm not sure if Karen Beecher and Mal Duncan have retired permanently or temporarily) with the exception of La'gaan himself. I still wonder why he decided to leave and return to Atlantis instead of remaining as a member of the Team. So will it ever be revealed why he left the Team and returned to Atlantis in any one of the future episodes of Young Justice?
3. In the episode, "Summit" Lagoon Boy rescued Miss Martian from Klarion's fire snake and even cushioned her fall. Does that mean he's forgiven her for what she said/revealed to him in the episode "Intervention" and decided that they should at least be friends?
4. Has Lagoon Boy by any chance heard of Beast Boy's public team of young heroes the Outsiders?
5. If he has then how come he didn't think of joining them (Between February 2019 and February 2020) like Robin (Tim Drake) did?
First things first, I wanted to say how pleased and surprised I was to see Zatara's faith not only not avoided but leaned into in the episode "Teg Ydear!"
As a Christian, it's become quite rare to see Christianity portrayed even neutrally in popular media. That scene literally brought tears.
My question are these:
1) Why was the Lord's Prayer shortened to omit "For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever"?
2) I've heard it said that a Muslim cultural expert was consulted to ensure Khalid's faith was accurately and sensitively portrayed. Was a similar expert consulted for the representations of Catholocism in this episode and the next?
I want to stress that that scene was beautiful and was and is greatly appreciated. Thank you for not shying away from it.
Do the Leaguer's children, like Jon, understand their parents are superheroes? I'm asking because if Jon, for example, sees Daddy flying, there is no way a young child is going to not talk about his dad flying. Kids have no filters.
Hi Greg! Long time forum lurker first time question asker. I wonât ask about any thing about what you have or donât have planned for Jason. Instead I would like to ask your opinion on dc comics canon about Jason being trained by the all-caste. Since the introduction of Jasonâs training under ancient mystical warrior monks Iâve always thought it was an amazing way to make him stand out on his own from the other robins.
1)As a professional in the industry what are your thoughts on that part of his backstory?
2)Do you believe it was a good way to add more layers to his character or wasnât and the robins should all be street level characters?
Thank you for your time and thank you for creating one of my favorite shows of all time!
When day and month did Joan Garrick pass away and who exactly attended her funeral?
What month in 2006 did the Joker invade the cave?
Was it before or after Bruce took in Dick?
Hi greg ð' and sory for any mistake :O
1) what do you think of kitty pryde?
2) when you're crafting a future season in your mind, do you think of making it plot/character driven ? Like, "season 1 is gonna be character, season 2 plot and 3 a bit of both" (Just an ex).
3)since spectacular is almost 100% accurate to the comics (love the romita/ditko feeling that this show has btw), why is YJ so different in lots of things? not saying it's a bad thing
4) u said ultimate spidey (the comic) was an inspiration when you were making spec. What do you think of the comic nowdays?
4,5) i know that u took some things from it like gwen (in the comic is MJ, but u get the point) being Pete's friend since they were kids, Kong and venom's arc, but is there more that u took from the comic?
5) since u are a big fan of buffy, are there any inspirations of it in your works? And what do u think is your best work?
Are Dick and Barbara living together (at the time of YJO)?
1. When did M'gann change her appearance from green to white/bald? Also when did she have her hair back? both month and year please.
2. What did Jeff mean when he said Mars town in Rescue Op and why? What's it suppose to mean exactly?
3. In all the time since Garfield came back from Mars why hasn't Black Canary tried to reach out and counsel him in the wake of Conner's death? She had to have known the impact the terrible loss would have on him?
4. Is Black Canary counseling any of the Justice League, Team or Outsiders members in regards to Conner's death and if so who exactly is she counseling?
5. How long was Black Canary leader of the Justice League after Captain Atom handed her the reigns at the end of season 2? Also how long was she in charge before the next leader was selected?
1. When Miss Martian was acting affectionate with Lagoon Boy in front of Superboy in season 2 did she did do that on purpose to make Superboy jealous?
2. How long exactly was Miss Martian abusing powers? Did she start abusing them in 2015 or longer?
3. When Conner died, did anyone like Artemis, Dick or Kaldur try and contact M'gann after learning the news or has no one spoken to her and are waiting for her return to Earth?
4. Do you regret that Zatanna's feelings over the loss of Conner got no focus during her arc? A lot of fans were hoping for some insight into their friendship since they've had very little on-screen time together.
5. Is Black Canary dealing with her own grief in regards to Conner's death? Did she ever consider him like a protege or maybe family due to their closeness in season 1?
1. Was Kathy Webb-Kane the first Batwoman on Earth-16?
2. If so, when would she have been active before she died/disappeared?
3. After playing YJ Legacy, I noticed that Barbara had a suit similar to Kate's that was labeled "Mentor Suit." Was that suppose to signify that Kate and or Kathy helped train Barbara at one point during her early years at Batgirl?
When Garfield Logan was living with the Doom Patrol did Rita believe Garfield would go to live with Miss Martian if Rita would die?
Why wasn't The Spectre in Zatanna's Arc in Season 4
Is Task Force X gonna Return
1) In the Musicology 101 Crossover Radio Play, Sandra Stanyon's character from Hello Megan is identified as Sandra Wheeler. Can we take that as confirmation of the character's first name in YJ?
2) If Sandra Stanyon played Sandra Wheeler and Rita Farr played Rita Lee, was Mr Wheeler's first name Jonathan after Jonathan Lord?
3) Was the Kobra seen in the flashback in "Volatile" Jeffrey Burr or Jason Burr?
4) Where were Savage and the Stranger when they spoke with the Lords of Order and Chaos in "Kaerb Ym Traeh!"?
1 Did the first Black Canary work with any other superheroes? (was she part of any team?)
2 When you were considering Donna Troy as part of original team, did you have any idea of what her personality and would be like and what kind of an arc she would have in the first season (I'm only asking about the ideas that don't apply to the stories you might still write one day)
3 Can you tell us why Sha'lain'a and Black Manta fell in love/ had a son but stayed apart afterwards?
4 How did Orm attack Atlantis as Ocean Master without anyone finding out who he was?
I think it's funny when you misrepresent Muslims you say we're overreacting but if it is any other group you're usually ready for a retraction. Why is that?
Why would Garfield still breakup with Perdita if Garfield did not go to Mars with m'gann and superboy in young justice phantoms?
After young justice invasion but before before Steve Dayton return were did Garfield logan live?
What month in 2017 did Blue Devil and Magog join the Justice League?
I noticed that you based the Maâarphin beast on a dolphin but what animals did you base Maâarzuu Beast and Maâalefaâak off of?
This might be a question for Greg Vietti, but was Rita's character named after her?
1. Following Superboy's heroic sacrifice, are the martian species planning to honor him somehow like building a statue of him?
2. What was the aftermath of Superboy's death like on Mars in the following weeks before M'gann left the planet?
3. Since Superboy died on Mars did they hold a martian funeral for him?
5. Is Prince J'emm and the royal family planning to honour Superboy somehow?
5. Whatever happened to R'ess E'dda after Superboy's death? Was he dismissed, demoted or suspended from his duties?
1. Is Dick Barbaraâs first love ?
2. Is Barbara Dickâs first love or was it Zatanna ?
3. Is Dick Zatannaâs first love ?
4. How does Jim Gordon feel about Dick being his daughterâs boyfriend ?
This about the breakup Why did you decide Garfield logan's life with Perdita outside his superhero life would not be saved or at least have his life with Perdita be restored at the end of young justice phantoms?
Hey there Greg I have some questions about the light this time.
We do know being a member gives you a lot of status in the villain/under world side of things, but what happened to members that get replaced?
Say OceanMaster and Blackmanta were once respected but now they killed the former, and the light is indifferent With Blackmanta being under Amanda Wallerâs control.
1.-Does that mean that once members get expelled they lose all worth the light? And I donât mean âworthâ as in how they also use the heroes as tool , but how say a retired Justice or president still gates benefits and respect.
2.- Why was Rhas Al gul not âdisgracedâ after abandoning the light
3.- We know Rhas Al gul retired from the light, and as head of the âleague of shadowsâ. But are the shadows still loyal to him as the even if iâs unofficially?
Thank you, Greg.
Why did believe Garfield Logan leading the Outsiders as a hero again was plenty for to be Garfield to happy again and not also being with Perdita again?
When were Casey and Dale married?
In the comics, Troia is a name that Donna Troy takes after she learns of her connection to the Titans of Myth. Since Brandon Vietti and yourself have gone with the "Troia" version of the character for Earth-16, this implies that Earth-16 Troia has an origin that involves the Titans of Myth. Troia's look in Young Justice certainly evokes the "Titans of Myth" origin for her character (with some differences in YJ, of course), and in that version of her origin, the Titans of Myth provided her with an array of mystical gifts. Does she possess these gifts in Young Justice (or did she have them during the five-year gap between seasons 1 and 2, at least)?
I'm not sure how guarded you are about Troia's origin and details surrounding it... I'll take the risk that this question might be deleted by the mods. Perhaps you can give at least a hint in answer, please, if you feel that that's appropriate.
1. How much does the public know about Superboy's death? Do they know he was on Mars and about his engagement?
2. How did the public learn about Superboy's death? Did someone hold a press conference, social media or announce it at the United Nations?
3. If it was a press conference who revealed the news. Was it Wonder Girl because she is the Outsiders acting leader or Catherine Cobert since she is the public liason?
4. How are the rest of the Outsiders coping with Conner's death? Members like Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Blue Beetle and Robin since they knew him longer?
5. How did the Outsiders find out about Conner's death. Did Garfield contact them or did they find out some other way?
After seeing that Superboy was a fan of G Gordan Godfrey's talk show it makes me wonder what are the original members favourite TV shows? Also favourite genres too? Also aside from the talk show what else did Superboy like tv wise?
Would Garfield still have breakup with Perdita if Garfield had not gone to mars with M'gann and Conner and if so, why?
Why is Roy Harper referred to as a âfellow genomorphâ in the young justice audio play?
How does Zatanna fell towards dick and Barbaraâs relationship ?
Why was M'comm so surprised that M'gann went after him for Conner's death? He had to expect what would happen. He killed his own sister's fiancÃ©e! Also what was his reaction when he learned that Conner died instead? Does he even feel the sightliest bit of guilt and remorse for what he did to Conner or M'gann for that matter?
Why didn't Superman not tell Black Canary to council Beast Boy over Superboy's death on Mars at some point in time during the first week after superman and beast boy return to earth and if superman did, then why did she not go to Garfield like superman ask her to?
Who thought of Psimon and Devastation? (as an item)
Has Luthor ever met Superman as Clark? And was it like a really funny scene from the Superman: The Animated Series episode, The Last Son of Krypton? It went a little something like this:
Clark: Now that the terrorists have your prototype, the Pentagon is undoubtedly gonna want you to build a bigger and better version for them. When all is said and done, this could net you a multimillion dollar windfall.
Luthor: Lois, it almost sounds as if your friend here is suggesting I should be glad that my suit was stolen. You're very amusing Mr... Kent, is it? Yes, I'll remember that?
Why did you want Garfield to breakup with Perdita in young justice season 4 and then have Garfield date Raven in season 5?
I do understand that you wanted to show that everyone doesnât marry their first love with the example of Chalant. But why did you choose Barbara Gordon as Dickâs endgame ?
One of the reasons Chalant gets so much love is that we finally got to see Dick sincerely loving and being serious with someone else that Barbara or Kory.
Dickbabs already is endgame in nearly every single continuity they are in ( the comics + every animated Batman series or movie, and they are canon in the main continuity ) DC even black listed Dickkory to promote this couple, there is clearly enough ( too much ) Dickbabs.
I even used to ship them but by seeing them together everywhere, everytime it just disgusts me of them tbh.
It would have been perfect If you stuck to idea of allowing Grayson to be with someone else, Dickbabs is overused and doesnât bring anything new or fresh to the show and is such a shame.
Young Justice is one of my favorite shows and you canât imagine how enormously disappointed i was when i first watched episodes 6 of season 3, I really had hope that i would finally see Dick being endgame to another girl.
How did the Gardita fans react to Garfield logan after the Gardita fans learn Garfield's breakup with Queen Perdita?
Why was it part of the plan of young justice season 4 that beast boy would breakup with Perdita over Garfield's deep depression over conner's death but only to reunite m'gann and conner later in season 4 and not also reunite beast boy with Perdita in a dating relationship later in season 4?
1. When Superman was in space in season 3, did he and Conner ever share video calls like Troia and Diana?
2. Why did Conner wait so long to tell Clark about his and M'gann's engagement? Couldn't he have told him via video call or something?
3. How long exactly were Wonder Woman, Superman, the Hawks etc in space in season 3?
4. In the season 2 finale, why did Batman directly asked Aqualad what happened? When they left, everyone still thought Aqualad was a traitor and yet Batman didn't hesitate to ask him about the situation. Does this mean, Batman may have been aware of the deep cover mission or had an idea about what was going on?
5. How long did it take for everyone (both the Team and Justice League) to truly trust and forgive Kaldur, Dick and the others after learning about the deep cover mission. Example how long did it take for Aquaman to forgive his former protege and begin to trust him again?
1. How did Conner manage to keep his plans to propose to M'gann a secret from her considering she is psychic?
2. Did Conner tell anyone about his plans to propose to M'gann or did he simply keep it a secret from everyone?
3. By the time Conner went on the Markovia mission with Dick, Artemis and Jeff, did they know about his and M'gann's engagement at that time?
4. When and how did Conner and M'gann tell everyone they were engaged? Did they gather everyone at the Watchtower to inform them of the news, social media or any other kind of way?
5. After the proposal what did Conner and M'gann do for the rest of their day/time together before he left for his mission to Markovia?
When Conner and M'gann lived in the Cave did they eventually start to share a room together as they years passed and if so did one of them move out after they broke up?
Do Roy and Will visit Geranium City? Does Jim visit his brothers in Star City?
The Phantom Stranger's voice reminds me of Rod Serling's. Were you going for this?
1) In "Inhospitable", we specifically see Beast Boy depositing his saliva into the Bio-Ship. Not long afterwards, Bio-Ship goes into the "mating cycle" (of sorts... I'm just referring to it as that, although I know that it's "more like cell division") and Baby is born. Did Beast Boy's DNA (which was present within Bio-Ship) affect the process of cell division and Baby's birth in any way? Did it have an effect on it? (By the way, I loved the Mars arc -- it was a joy to finally delve into that aspect of M'gann's background!)
2) We know that Troia joined the Team in Team Year Two and left in Team Year Five. When did she first debut as a superhero or heroic figure?
(I think it's fair game to ask this since questions about when, say, Stephanie Brown debuted as Spoiler have been asked and answered. In Troia's case, the basic question has to be re-worded because as far as we know, her original name was Troia, just as Superboy was Superboy before he was Conner Kent or Kon-El, so it's not as though I can ask when Donna Troy debuted as Troia. So I'm asking when Troia became a "hero".)
3) In "Agendas", Wonder Woman seemed quite hostile towards the idea of Batman indoctrinating a young Robin into crime-fighting, even citing his age (nine years old at the time he debuted as a hero) in a manner that suggested that she disapproved. Something must have changed since she had to deal with Troia being a member of the Team for a few years (whether she liked it or not... obviously we the viewers do not know) and then later took on Cassie/Wonder Girl as her protege. Did Troia's origin as a hero help Diana to overcome her worries/concerns about taking on a young apprentice?
1.What on earth is wrong with Barbara ? Why was she acting so petty and showing attitude towards Zatanna in S2E18 ?
2.Was she jealous because Zatanna is Dickâs ex or something ?
1.Did Barbara lose her virginity to Dick ?
2.Did Zatanna lose her virginity to Dick ?
3.Did Dick lose his virginity to any of them ?
1. How long has been Barbara waiting for Dick to â be ready for her â ?
2. Did she dated any other guy while she was waiting for Dick ?
3. If she did, was she serious with those guys or would she have dumped them as soon as dick came to her ?
4. When and how did he fall in love with her ?
I mean in seasons 1 and 2, he really didnât seem to have any sort of feelings to her, and then suddenly they were together and living in the same appartement in season 3. It seems a bit forced tbh.
1. Was Barbara the reason of Dick and zatannaâs break up ?
2. In what circumstances did they break up ?
3. Did they broke up before or after Dick was aware of Barbaraâs obsession towards him ?
4. Is the relationship between dick and Barbara one of the reasons why Starfire wasnât introduced in the show ?
5. Do you like Starfire ?
6. Since when do you ship Dick and Barbara
7. I suppose both you and Brandon hate Dick and Koryâs relationship, right ?
8. Is Brandon a dickbabs shipper too ?
9. Did Barbara seriously dump Jason bard to keep harassing dick until he Â«feels in love with her Â» ?
Greg why did you have Garfield Logan lose everything that made Garfield Logan happy over the loss of Conner to only return Conner back M'gann at the end of young justice phantasm?
Why did you have Garfield to die over his problems of depression in young justice phantasm and not let someone get Garfield to listen to them save Garfield Logan from the path of his depression problems?
Why did you choose that Beast Boy would go throw depression over the loss of conner to lead him to stop dating Perdita to only reunite superboy and miss martian at the end of season 4 and not also reunite beast boy and Perdita at the end of season 4?
Has anyone ever been kicked off the Team before? (aside from Arsenal)
When exactly did M'gann and Conner start using telepathy as their main way of talking to each other? By season 3, itâs become their main source of communication, but when did that start happening exactly? Obviously after they got back together, but why did they start doing it? Or had they started talking more through telepathy prior to their break up?
Dickbabs seems forced and itâs so boring, you shouldâve had kept him with Zee.
Why does Garfield's biological dad not know Garfield is his son if Garfield Logan's biological dad is alive during the time period season one of the young justice?
Was the Brain still human when he joined the Light?
Does Pat Dugan exist on Earth-16? And is he S.T.R.I.P.E.?
Did Stargirl move into the Premiere Building when she joined the Outsiders?
When did Robin, Livewire, Stargirl, Looker, and Windfall join the Outsiders?
Now that Mist is living in the Premiere Building, does that mean Livewire is too? And did Looker, El Dorado, and Windfall move in when they joined the Outsiders?
Hey Greg! Longtime watcher, first time asker. Prefacing this by thanking you for all of your contributions to animation, comics, and culture in general. Spectacular Spider-Man remains the pinnacle of Spidey animation in my humble opinion. However, my question is about Young Justice (which I love almost as much).
As a 90s kid I grew up with Wally and Kyle as my Flash/GL combo. Obviously Wally had a huge part on the show, so that's one half of my Brave and Bold represented on Earth-16. At risk of invoking spoilers, have you and the team considered introducing Kyle as a Lantern, even just in a background shot? I know there are so many human Lanterns but I think it would be really cool to see the Torchbearer on the show, even if it was just for a short while. Either way, thank you for your time and looking forward to the rest of Phantoms and beyond!
What do you think the best Young Justice term is: crash, mode, noted, or whelmed?
You've revealed here that Batwoman, Elongated Man, Fire, and Magog all debuted as heroes in Team Year Six. Would you be willing to reveal the order within that year that they debuted?
When exactly did Conner and M'gann find out the Team knew about their relationship? We know that one by one everyone gradually found out throughout the first season, but when did they realize everybody knew? Did someone catch them in a moment or did someone slip and make a comment about their romance in front of them? Or were they simply oblivious and felt they were ready to confess their relationship only to find out everybody already knew? Also what day and month exactly did they officially reveal their relationship? We know that by Image they were no longer keeping it a secret so obviously before that.
In the Episode âInvoluntaryâ during Prince Jâemmâs birthday celebration, I saw a type of Martian Bird! I have three questions about it!
1) do you have a name for it?
2) if so would itâs name start with Maâar? (since many animals on Mars start with Maâar, like Maâarphin Beast and Maâarzuu Beast)
3) Would Gar shapeshift into that?
Does Garfield have a father or not
The song that M'gann sang in the Torch song comic about her expressing her sorrow and regret as well as her love for Conner. Do you ever wish or plan to actually make an official soundtrack of that song. I would love to actually hear it play.
1. Do M'gann and Conner ever do anything special on Valentineâs Day?
2. Do they have a yearly tradition like how Wally often forgot the holiday with Artemis?
3. Also what was their last Valentineâs Day together like since they left in February at the start of season 4?
4. Was the holiday hard for them in the season 2 episode Salvage since they were broken up? I know she was still with Lagoon Boy at the time, but did she miss Conner and secretly wished she could have spent the day with him?
1 Child referred to klarion as brother do the chaos Lords consider each other as siblings?
2 if the answer to 1 is yes does this also count for the Lords of order?
1.Now that you broke up Tim and Cassie, are Tim and Stephanie dating ?
2.Why did you decided to put Tim and Cassie together if you werenât planning to develop them ?
3. You broke up Chalant to put overused, boring and forced dickbabs content down our throats. Why ? Why did you think that anyone would prefer that over Chalant ? I just donât get it.
A) How does Ollie even afford to be a vigilante in Star City if he is lower middle class? How does he make up for out of pocket expenses like healthcare or his weapon storage vaults? Does he have an inheritance that he is using for his vigilante activities and a small earning (as you mentioned) from somewhere that he uses for his day to day expenses?
A.1) How is the loss of one of his Vaults in episode 5 not a huge loss for him?
B) I thought that Roys trust fund (that was set up by Ollie) was used up in the search for him by Red Arrow? How does he suddenly have a trust fund?
In which state is Geranium City located?
Since when did Arsenal have a trust fund? Did he pick up financial acumen from Ollie in addition to crime fighting skills?
How old are each of the Forever People?
How old is Orion?
How old is Mantra?
Why did you decide that M'gann after she return to earth from mars that M'gann would fail to save Garfield from the path of depression Garfield logan has been on since Garfield return to earth from mars in young justice season 4?
Why did Artemis used her first name as her superhero name when she first became a superhero during Season 1 of Young Justice?
Why did you want Garfield to die in young justice Phantoms?
Do D-List villains like Kite-Man, Crazy Quilt, Polka-Dot Man, Killer Moth, Ratcatcher, Peacemaker, and Beard Hunter exist on Earth-16?
How does gargoyle religion work again.
Could the Earth-16's version of Match be regarded as a combination of both Match AND Bizarro from the comics since Earth-16's Match can visibly age; whereas Earth-16's Superboy cannot?
Greg Weisman why did you decide Garfield would not resume dating PERDITA after Garfield stared leading the Outsiders again for a time and later step down again to marry Queen Perdita?
1. Did Tim initially join the Outsiders to try to get back with Cassie ?
2. Did they broke up because of the Batmanâinc thing ? ( I know it seemed pretty clear in season 3 but I still want a confirmation )
In Catwoman: Hunted, does Barbara/Cheetah have an African heritage? She mentions her mother was a Urzkartaga follower and that's an African deity (in the comics) and Barbara's skin tone does also seem much darker than in the comic.
Hello, love young justice and where the story is going! Love how real Beast Boy's mental journey is.
I know it was a long time ago, but you and Denys Cowan pitched a Rocket series that had the general Rocket/Icon dynamic.
1) Did you pitch the series after Milestone shut down/the run ended or was it in the middle of the run? Do you remember the pitch for the show?
2) Why was Icon your favorite Milestone comic? Why was Rocket your favorite character? Did you read the other Milestone comics?
3) Icon talked about race, class, abortions, and a lot of real world things that people still do not like to talk about. I know you pitched this show to Nickelodeon, so what was the age demographic? Kids? Teens?
Was there any talk about watering down these issues to make them more kid friendly? How were you planning to show their dynamic and the themes of the comic while airing on a kids network?
4) My last question is are you reading the Milestone reboot comics?
I know all of this was forever ago and it makes sense if you do not remember any of it. Thank you so much for your time and for what you do. I and many others really appreciate it/you!
How many seasons of young justice do you want there to be? Do you have a plan for the series finale?
Itâs a real shame that you decided to end up Chalant. Even if I believe thatâs the worse decision youâve made regarding this show I canât blame you for that, itâs still your show and do you do whatever you want after all. But did you really needed to do it like that ? Like breaking their relationship out of nowhere, without any explanation when everything seemed to be perfect in their relationship ? Whenever people ask you why they broke up, your only answer is Â« no spoilers Â» and you keep saying that since 2011 but here we are in 2022 like literally 11 YEARS LATER and still not an official answer, all we have are fan theories. Why donât you just say it ? At this point Iâm not even asking you to bring them back just to respond to a simple answer so I can get over this ship PLEASE.
1 Why did G. Gordon insult gretchen and her devices on his show if they are both on the same side
2 Have ultra humanite and granny goodness always disliked each other
Did hundreds or thousands or millions of people die due to Child's rampage on Earth before Child was stop in young justice phantoms?
In the YJ-verse are Kryptonians considered stronger than (Greek) Gods and demi-gods?
A: How old was Jason Todd when he died?
B: How old was Tim Drake when he became the third Robin?
C: Was Dick okay with there being a new Robin?
Does Arsenal still act too recklessy when dealing with lex luthor. Or has he managed to keep his anger under control.
In regards to Dick's uncle, aunt, and cousin in the Earth-16 continuity, are they from his paternal side of his family since they all shared the last name of Grayson?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of Thirteen's parents, are their names Terrence "Terry" Thurston and Meihui Lan-Thurston; with the latter's maiden name being Lan?
In the Earth-16 continuity, are the full names of Barry's parents Henry Paul Allen and Nora Thompson-Allen; with the latter's maiden name being Thompson?
how did you cast Maggie Q as Wonder Woman?
Was cyborgs Outsider designation D08 before he joined the League? And did the D06 designation get skipped in memory of Brionâs time on the Outsiders?
1. Did Arsenal and the 4 Runaway Meta-teens (Virgil Hawkins, Asami "Sam" Koizumi, Tye Longshadow and Eduardo "Ed" Dorado, Jr.) ever learn about how Kaldur faked his betrayal, Artemis faked her death and how Nightwing kept them both a secret from the Justice League and the Team?
2. If they have then how did they react to it after learning about it?
How come Superman wasn't made second-in-command of the Justice League after Black Lightning became it's new leader? The Man of Steel obviously has a strong moral compass so it would't be such a bad idea if he was. Plus he was never apart of nor had anything to do with the Anti-Light.
Are Cissie and Roy friends? Do they get along?
Was Red Arrow's obsession with recovering Speedy in season 2 a nod/replacement for his comic book drug addiction?
Is klarion still on bad terms with the other chaos lords?
Vandal's design (at least his face) is way more different on season 3. I was surprised to see that he got a new design on season 4, way more similar to how he looked on seasons 1-2. Why did you guys decide to change it back (if we can put it in that way)?
(also, I know you don't like Deathstroke's ponytail from season 2, but everything else on that design is outstanding, can't say I haven't gotten a bit upset because his design wasn't also "changed back" xD)
When the light picked granny goodness to join them was there concern among that she might sabotage some of their operations for darkseid?
In the Earth-16 continuity, which reason for Krypton's destruction is correct?
Reason #1: Krypton's red sun, Rao, went supernova.
Reason #2: Krypton's stability was threatened by careless over-mining of the planet's core.
Reason #3: Brainiac's extraction of Kandor City from Krypton destabilizes the planet's core.
I would love to meet you in person at a show sometime, but I'm having a hard time finding a list of shows that you will be attending. Is there a good location to find this? I cannot find it on this website. Been a fan since Gargoyles, and I love watching Young Justice with my kids.
Hi Greg!! I got few questions about YJ.
1. If you are given a chance to determine the numbers of season for YJ, how many seasons that you would like to produce?
2. Would you like if YJ got their own movie in the future?
3. Did you have any plans to do an arc focusing on Flash Fam in the future?
4. How many active members in Justice League right now (season 4)?
5. Is Zatanna currently dating? If no, did you plan to introduce her love interest just like Artemis in the show?
6. Did you have any plans to do an arc that includes the DC multiverse like discovering/traveling to different earth for future seasons?
Why was Count Vertigo not happy that his niece Queen Perdita and Garfield broke up?
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Barbara Gordon:
#1. Is her full name Barbara Joan Gordon?
#2. Are her parents' names James Worthington "Jim" Gordon and Barbara Eileen Gordon?
#3. Does she have a brother named James Gordon, Jr.?
#4. Does her father know (or at least, suspect) that she was Batgirl and is currently Oracle?
#5. When her father learned of her injury at the hands of Cassandra Wu-San, how did Batman explained the situation to him?
I sincerely apologize.
How about something more established, then?
Yan Lin was shown using illusion magic, generating light, and using some sort of mind trick (kind of like Irma's) to make Hay Lin invite Will over for that fateful snack all the way back in Season 1. Are these abilities that all Guardians can learn or are they only for Hay Lin to inherit?
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Superman:
#1. Which of the following Kryptonian family members listed below are correct in relation to Superman (Kal-El) in the Earth-16 continuity? This question assumes the El family tree is partially based on the depiction of the House of El from the canceled Syfy TV series, âKrypton,â including how Val-El mentioned in a Season 2 episode on that show in regards to how each new person born into the El family is traditionally given the first name of one of their ancestors.
Jor-El (Kal-Elâs great-great-great-grandfather)
Val-El (Kal-Elâs great-great-grandfather)
Ter-El (Kal-Elâs great-grandfather)
Charys-El (Kal-Elâs great-grandmother)
Seg-El (Kal-Elâs grandfather)
Nyssa-Vex (Kal-Elâs grandmother)
Jor-El (Kal-Elâs father)
Lara-El (formerly Lara Lor-Van) (Kal-Elâs mother)
Zor-El (Kal-Elâs paternal uncle)
Alura-El (formerly Alura In-Ze) (Kal-Elâs paternal aunt)
Kara Zor-El (Kal-Elâs paternal cousin)
#2. Is Supermanâs full human name Clark Joseph Kent?
1a) Did you (or anyone on the YJ show) ever come up with a layout/floor plan for Mt. Justice?
2) If not, do you know if the Wikia article is accurate in regards to the amount of rooms? Or are there other rooms that weren't explored?
3) How many living quarters are there on Mt. Justice?
Thank you and I appreciate all the work you do!
Besides Tachi, Artus, Gwenyvere, Lancelot and Samson (Whatever they'll look like when they hatch), will there be more new members joining with the Manhattan Clan? To me, it's always "The more, the better" for the Gargoyles (and Elisa).
1.Is the hawk couple sex positive
2.Will they ever have children
3.Does the hawk couple cuddle
4.Does the hawk couple shower together ( 5.do thanagarians shower?.
(I didn't number on the last post)
Is the hawk couple sex positive
Will they ever have children
Does the hawk couple cuddle
Does the hawk couple shower together ( do thanagarians shower?.
1. As in what is the hawk couples favorite activity as a couple
2.does the hawk couple get frisky
3. And what is their favorite sexual activities since they are a couple ( this is a clarifying version of my previous question.)
Question 1: what are their favorite couple activities
2. Do they get frisky on the daily as a couple (weird I know)
3.what is their favorite sexual activities since they have slept together (I am just asking the questions most people are uncomfortable to ask.)
Hi, I loved Catwoman: Hunted and wanted to ask a little about what separates it from YJ/Earth-16. You've said it's cannon adjascent, like the Green Arrow short.
There are more obvious disconnects between YJ and GA, most notably at the end of the short Vertigo reveals himself and is captured, which conflicts with him having diplomatic immunity in Coldhearted. The differences in CH, at least based on what we know of Earth-16 so far, are more minor and seem like they could be easily explained.
Similarly, while GA has a more similar visual style to YJ than the anime CH, the designs from CH feel much closer to YJ than GA does. To me CH's Batwoman and Cheshire look very much like YJ's Batwoman and Cheshire drawn by a different artist, but GA's Green Arrow and Vertigo look like a very different Arrow and Vertigo drawn by the same artist as YJ's Arrow. So to me CH actually fits with YJ better.
Heck, CH even has a 16 gag - the assassin Catwoman and Batwoman compete over on the Eiffel tower would be #16 for either of them.
So that leads me to ask:
1) Are there specific things that set CH apart from YJ/Earth-16? If so, what are they?
2) Do you have an Earth-16 version of events in mind?
3) When does the Earth-16 version of CH take place?
4) Would an Earth-16 version add significant YJ characters, like you said the YJ version of the GA short would involve Artemis and Red Arrow?
Have you ever made a "cameo" in anything you've worked on? So for example, a background character resembling you walking in the backshot of a scene, or anything of the sort.
Hi Greg!!! Big fan of YJ.
Did you have any plans to introduce Supergirl (Kara) or Natasha Irons in YJ for future season as supporting character or part of Outsider?
Right now, in comics, Jon Kent was suddenly aged up from a lil kid to 17 years old. Are you going to age up Jon too like the comics or you will let him grow with normally without aging up?
Could Lexington carry Goliath while gliding?
Does Deathstroke have his 3 kids on Earth 16
Hey Greg, been a fan of your work a long time! Just one thing I'm curious about-
Halo didn't explore being a Muslim until s4, and explicitly said they weren't Muslim in s3. So why is Halo considered Muslim rep in s3? I just don't get what all the arguing is about if Halo wasn't Muslim at all!
Hi Greg, how are you? i wanted to ask some other things about Spectacular Spider-Man, (sorry if it is too spoilery) But it got me curious about how would you like to aproach certain specific things on the design of our protagonist.
1. Did you have any plans of changing Peter Parker design as he grew older? or he would be wearing the same blue and grey shirts? i ask this because you mentioned one time that you did have some specifc plan for his design eventually.
2. I saw the picture of peter's parentes in the show, and
realized that Peter looks a LOT like his dad, would he eventually look more like him as he grown?
3. The design of your Peter in the show is one of my favorites of all Peter Parker's, at the same time he looks geeky, he also looks like a normal teen and don't come as the steryotype nerd, and i wonder if the design of him before he was spider-man(him with glasses and button shirt) was purposeful to shown peter was like Stan/Ditko Peter, more with a "square" look and after the spider bite he become more confident to wear more "cool clothes" (kinda like Romita Peter), or did he just starts wearing the blue/grey shirts to hide his spider-man suit?
Before the breakup did Queen Perdita ever saw a picture of Garfield Logan before his hair and skin turned green?
1. How close are Superboy and Black Canary? Do they share a somewhat familial bond and are they still close by season 4?
2. Has Garth moved on from losing Tula or is he still struggling to move on like Artemis did?
3. When exactly did Cyborg join the Justice League and how long was he with the Outsiders before joining the League?
4. When did Conner and Megan graduate and move in together? Year and day please.
The thing that has always most impressed me about your shows is the meticulous planning that goes into them early on. The little, seemingly innocuous threads that you drop only to pick up seasons later (eg. The kids on the bus in Young Justice).
My question is, what is the biggest event (released to date, no spoilers ð) across any of your shows that was completely spontaneous, and not planned out from the beginning? Or else something that had to be changed drastically at the last minute from the original plan?
How did bane almost defeat batman in hand to hand combat? Shouldn't batman be more skilled and experienced (If not stronger) than bane? Was he holding back or he is just getting older and is not as good as he used to be?
And sorry about the grammatical mistakes, I am not a native English speaker.
Why did you have Tara say mother of goat instead of mother of God in young justice outsiders?
1 In Catwoman Hunted Selina is often talking to Holly, is this Holly Robinson
2 Also they talk about someone named Anna is this Anya Volkova, this is the only Anya I could think of and she is a new character, unless I am missing something obvious. Can you please confirm who this Anya is.
Really loved Catwoman Hunted any chance you can reveal or share the Lyrics of the Ending Song "Thief in the night", I want to know what the English and non-English part of the lyrics was saying.
With the release of Catwoman: Hunted (no spoilers) that your state is "canon adjacent," similar to DC Showcase: Green Arrow (also did youâre written for that short film back in the 2010s). Thought if there are any plans to expand the Earth-16 just beyond Young Justice.
What other characters or team that youâre like and anyone else involved in DC that wants to next? Not only youâre guys making no longer Young Justice episodes. You're making the Young Justice Universe.
I know this isn't that uncommon in the fandom, but I am obsessed with the Zeta designations used on YJ. I have a spreadsheet tracking revealed designations, every time they were used on screen, on panel, on Ask Greg, or in promotional material, and a (very rough) timeline of when each number was activated. I even have predictions of who might be the unrevealed numbers. My white whale is the A-series, which by its nature isn't easy to predict. I know it's useless to ask you to reveal the unknown numbers, but I feel like this question is playing fair with the Ask Greg rules: Has the audience been introduced to every individual who has been granted an A-series designation?
And since I have a couple more question slots:
2. Does Captain Atom undergo a significant enough physical change when he becomes Nathanial Adams that he would need a separate designation number, similar to the Marvel family?
3. What name is used for Billy Batson's A-05 designation? Is it William Batson, like how Mal Duncan is designated Malcolm Duncan? I can't imagine the JL computer reading out "Billy" without laughing.
4. Same question as 3, but for Lieutenant Marvel/Freddy Freeman's A designation. Is it Freddy or Frederick or some other permutation?
5. And one that I'm fairly sure will be hit with the SPOILER REQUEST: Are there any C-designations besides Wolf and Sphere?
How did you cast Jenifer Lewis? She's not commonly seen doing voice over work. Whose idea was it to cast here? How is she?
Hi Greg ! First I wanna thank you and Brandon for delivering this wonderful show to us, it's amazing ! The writing, the character development, the plot... PERFECT ! Hope you'll get season 5 by the time you read this, probably in 6 months from now x)
Now my question would be : since the ghost dimension affects non-metas humans more badly than metas, why did Elongated Man got affected as much as normal people at the end of season 3 ? I mean, he has powers right ? So why was he as much vulnerable as the 3 green lanterns ? It seemed like he had powers and at the same time didn't have powers...
Mister Greg What year did Aquagirl and Tempest join the team?
In young justice timeline Did Beast BOY meet troia or Seargent marvel or lieutenant marvel before they left the team or robin jason todd before jason todd death when beast boy was living with the doom patrol?
Why did you believe that Garfield being a superhero and Perdita being a queen would not work out as a married couple and instead have their relation not last long enough time for them to get married as adults instead have Garfield breakup with Perdita in young justice phantoms episode 13?
How old were Kaldur and Garth when they met?
Why did you have Queen Perdita die in young justice phantoms?
Consedering klarionâs mind is very chaotic how did he remember the deal he made with savage to return back to atlantis? Did teekl remind him about it?
How did Garfield get money to support himself after Garfield permanently stop acting on star trek 3016 in young justice universe?
1 is child also capable of understanding what teekl says?
2 was flaw capable of communication with child?
Hello Dr. Weismann. I've got a few questions that may constitute as spoilers but I'm going to ask them anyways
1)Who actually dethroned Mongul from his home planet?
2)What is the name of the race of people who created the Warworld? Are they truly extinct? How long ago was the Warworld created?
3)I know this almost certainly entails a story but how do Mongul come into possession of the crystal key and the Warworld? If you can't tell the story in its entirety, is there any story that you can provide for us that can give us that sort of approximates the narrative of how he obtained them?
Does the Rannian Science Command member seen getting bribed by the Kroloteans in Earthlings have an official name?
Why did you decide that Garfield and Perdita would have a permeant breakup end to their relationship and Garfield remain single from then on just as his comic verson Garfield remain single after his relationship with Tara ended in the comics?
Was the reason you decided to have Shiva and not David Cain be the abusive parent who relentlessly trained Cassandra into being the perfect assassin due to her backstory in the comics being too similar to Artemis and Sportsmaster?
During the time Garfield and Perdita where dating did Garfield shape change into an animal that he could carry Perdita for a ride for fun for both of them and if so, what animal did he change into to give Perdita a ride?
After Superboy joined the outsiders as a member on outsiders' missions why didn't the people who own the bikes that Conner fixes for not realize that conner is superboy?
Does Superman have a weakness to magic on Earth-16? If so, would that mean that Mr. Mxyzptlk exists on Earth-16?
Why did you have Garfield breakup with Perdita over his depression over the death of superboy on mars in episode 13 but only later to show in the same 13 episode of young justice season 4 that superboy was not dead and also not let Garfield get back together in a dating relationship with Perdita after conner and m'gann were reunited later in the s season 4 of young justice?
Hi Greg, want to start by saying I love the world building of young justice and the amount of passion you and the team have towards the shows creation, huge respect! The fact that you even take the time to interact with and respond to fans who feel entitled to have all sorts of opinions is a huge thing in itself and the way you respond and handle situations is admirable! I have a couple questions that im not sure can be answered or would warrant a no spoiler haha. Ive looked through the archive to make sure it hasn't been answered before and I don't believe it has so here it goes:
1. Is the Blue Beetle "Big Bad" of Barts time actually Jaime? Once the Reach had Jaime in captivity they might've killed him off for a new host or maybe actually found a way to put him on mode, so the identity of the human host of the tyrant of Barts time is unclear.
2. FlashÂ´s secret identity seems to be important to him, he even has a different eye colour when in his uniform (blue) as opposed to his actual green. With Jay being a public hero with his name known, surely people must recognise him out of costume? In associating him with Bart as his guardian, it wouldn't be impossible for people to make a connection between Allens and Jay, doesn't this put their secret IDs at risk?
Thank you in advance regardless of whether the questions are answered or not. I love the show a lot and have been enjoying the first half of season 4 so far (especially all of Klarions scenes, the were incredibly chaotic hahaha). Very excited for the rest of the season.
What you're opinion about the YJ Fandom tent-poles? The Wiki, the Podcast, the Tumblr pages, the subReddit and the Facebook fan groups?
Tim and cassie got together off screen, had their relationship during a time skip off screen, and broke up off screen...their relationship had potential to be so interesting but its clear the show never intended to explore it or either of their characters in depth...I have to wonder what was the point of the whole thing?
The young justice team is the team that miss martian and superboy were part of. My question is When was Garfield living with the doom patrol and was a member of the doom patrol did Garfield meet any members of the young justice team that join young the young justice team after marie logan died but before Rita died?
I just want to say that I love that Young Justice Phantoms is focusing more on Superboy for a change and I have a few questions about it.
1. What made you decide on this storyline for season 4
2. Did always want to make a season focusing more on Superboy's character.
3. Why Make Conner and M'gann suffer!?! Trapping him in the Phantom and making M'gann believe she lost the love of her life?!
How come we hardly see Dick interact with Tim? Dick is a lead and Tim is his brother, I would think they'd hang out and work together often, but i dont think we saw them have a single conversation in outsiders. Are they not as close in YJ as they are in the comics?
the way you respond when people express disappointment about how certain characters are shafted rubs me the wrong way, you usually say something like that characters not a lead and people need to get over it, yes its ultimately your show and your story you want to tell, so you can pick the characters you want to focus on, but i think you should consider the fact that these characters dont belong to you, they are established characters that people have strong emotional attachments to since childhood, thats a big reason why people are so passionate about young justice in the first place, and comic readers will naturally get upset if they feel like a character they grew up with is not portrayed properly or not being treated with respect, i wish you were a little more sensitive with how you used them instead of stuffing as many as possible in the show
Do you still keep in touch with the guys behind Whelmed Postcast? In a recent update, Emily said Rich Howard, the original host, quit the show. He always gave off a weird vibe. He sounded really unhinged and on the brink of having a meltdown. Emily said that the Pandemic didn't help or whatever. But I mean, it can't be THAT onerous to do a Podcast for him to just quit entirely! For years he supported the show and went out of his way to brag about all the contacts and connections he made among the people involved with the show and he throws it all away just because? That's some BS fanâ¦
Why did the show have to become so dark when it was revived just because the fandom is older? 99.9% of DC media is dark, the optimism in YJ was refreshing. And making material darker doesn't automatically make it more mature.
When Black Lightning became the new leader of the Justice League how come Superman wasn't made second-in-command of the JL? He obviously has a strong moral compass. Plus he was never apart of nor had anything to do with the Anti-Light.
I'm not really a fan of how you've increasingly used GLAAD and MPAC to shield yourself from criticism from fans. I've seen you use their support to say the criticism isn't a monolith more than once. Yeah of course it's not a monolith, but that doesn't mean the criticism isn't valid. It comes off a little -i can't be racist i have a black friend- Not to mention that these Hollywood institutions are often out of touch with everyday people, so you should listen to your fans as much as you listen to them. And as a cis white straight man, you dont ever have the right to tell someone who is LGBT or a POC that they're wrong. Just log off Twitter and stop responding. People are allowed to have their own opinions.
Since Hawkman and Hawkwoman are married on Earth-16, shouldn't the latter be now known as Shayera Hol, instead of Shayera Thal? Or does this NOT apply in Earth-16's Thanagarian culture?
Why was Cheshire surprised at seeing Shade with the League of Shadows?
Who is A33?
Why was Talia al Ghul glaring at Cheshire and Onyx from afar?
Did Karen go through with altering her daughter's genome?
Is the Ryan who sent her suit Ryan Choi? If so, is he The Atom now?
if you only intended for there to be a handful of characters that are leads, why didn't you keep the cast small like season 1 instead of adding a bunch of characters you have no intention of focusing on? that way, people could have focused on the mains without being distracted by the characters who are background. can you really blame people for being disappointed when their favorite character shows up, only for the show to do nothing with them and move onto someone else?
Hello I have another question!
I remember reading something about how there was some unused ideas for Young Justice Invasion! What were those unused ideas?
Queen Perdita knew Garfield was under the influence of the drugs that she saw Garfield had with him when Garfield said the hurtful things to her when he broke up with her so why did she not call Garfield to try resume her relationship with Garfield when Perdita discovered Garfield was leading the outsiders on missions again because Garfield leading the outsiders again meaning he is not taking drug anymore and now Gaffield might be missing her and regret what he said to her when he broke up with her?
Notice how in season 1, no one felt the need to bring up the fact that Aqualad is black? He just is, and he was a well-developed character. Same with Jaime in season 2 - he's clearly Latino by his name and appearance and sprinkles Spanish into his speech, other than that his character had a compelling storyline that had nothing to do with his race. That's how you do diverse representation properly.
Whereas with Halo and Khalid, the audience is outright told that they're Muslim instead of shown, and it's a big part of both of their arcs. YJ is a superhero show with an ensemble cast that doesn't go super deep into the character's personal lives, and religion is personal - that's why we don't know the majority of the characters' religion.
To harp on it so much with the two Muslim characters reinforces this idea that Muslims are "others," that we're not "normal" like white Christians and that we're all extremely conservative and ultra religious. It would have been nice to have a character that's visibly Muslim (Halo's hijab) or shown to be Muslim in subtle ways (like by saying certain Arabic phrases or mention celebrating a holiday) and just let them be a normal character with a compelling storyline.
You guys had representation down perfectly in the first two seasons, I don't know why you've changed the approach?
After Beast Boy ended his time using drugs WHY didn't beast boy not tell Perdita that he was sorry for not listening to her and breakup with her when she tried to help him?
I have a few questions!
1)If the Doom Patrol Exists in Young Justice, does that mean the Brotherhood of Evil exists in the show as well? And if they do exist in Young Justice were they aligned with the light? Since their leader, the Brain was one of the members of the light.
2)Does Larry Trainor/ Negative Man exist in Young Justice?
1) Is there any particular reason why Troia and Sergeant Marvel have their hair tied back? I ask because I donât think this is the case in the comics, and because other superheroines in YJ do not have their hair tied back (Miss Martian, Zatanna, Wonder Girl). (I suppose maybe Artemis and Batgirl did though and Iâm just not remembering that fact for some reason.)
2) How does Sergeant Marvel compare in terms of strength to Superboy, Troia, and Wonder Girl?
Questions about the Memorial Holograms
1. How long does it take for them to display the memorial hologram when a hero has died?
2. Do they do it immediately or wait sometime until itâs ready?
3. Who came up with the idea to display the holograms in the first place?
4. Who is responsible for setting them when they are ready?
5. When exactly did the Team display Wally, Conner and Tulaâs holograms? Specially day and month!
Are Arsenal and Arrowette public heroes in Star City ?
Why have there been multiple episodes where tim drake is involved in a scene but doesn't speak? In the season 2 episode before the dawn, he is on alpha squad with Barbara, but she is the only one who talks to nightwing and he just pulls faces the whole time. Same goes for that infamous season 3 episode antisocial pathologies where once again, only Barbara talks and he makes faces. Even when Beast Boy addresses him directly.
This isn't just due to him being a supporting character - Barbara is a supporting character too and she's allowed to speak. Even Stephanie Brown got a line in before the dawn, and she wasn't spoiler yet. These are scenes in which he's featured and it would make sense for him to at least say a few words. It looks awkward when he doesn't, it's almost like you're going out of your way to ensure he gets no lines.
Tim is the only Robin that has never been in an animated movie or series (the DCAU version doesn't count, it was Jason with Tim's name) but his traits are constantly stolen and given to the others. I was so excited to finally see him in YJ. I can accept that he's not a main character, but the way he's treated in the show is bizzare and to be honest, feels borderline disrespectful to the character and his fans.
Hi Greg, you previously answered that you needed to keep Halo's origin of Gabrielle being dead because that's built into the character in the comics: https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=24738
I have trouble accepting this reason, because you already changed the character's entire race and background from the comics. Moreover, you've changed the origins of Beast Boy and Oracle, and I get the sense you may have created a different story behind Jason Todd's death. You created an entirely different version of Aqualad. These characters are far more well-known than Halo, and you weren't afraid to change key things about them.
You could've easily made it so that the Motherbox resurrected Gabrielle instead of killing a teenage Muslim refugee and reanimating her corpse. You chose not to. Why?
Will it ever be revealed in anyone of the future episodes of Young Justice (TV Series) if whether or not Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore) has a mentor of her own?
What's the hardest casting choice you've had to make in your showrunner career?
Does Sapphire Stagg exist in earth 16?
When Garfield apologizes to Perdita for taking drugs and breakup with her why did they choose not to restart dating again if they love each other when Garfield apologizes to Queen Perdita?
Is Brion fully mind controlled by Zviad? Does he not have his own will? Is every decision he makes really a Zviad decision?
How many people (roughly, by orders of 10, or you can confirm that it's a non-zero entity if the specific number is a spoiler) has Jade killed?
What kind of notoriety does Jade have as a professional assassin in the grander world? Was her zenith ever just "another shadow" or did she build up a bigger rep to the level of her father?
1-How durable are Martians in their natrual Form? miss martian was able to take a casual hit from superman so could she resist low calibr bullets with no physical damage? Or could she survive being hit by a bus?
2-Are atlanteans more durable than Martians in their natrual Form? (If comparing two races is not possible take martian manhunter and aqualad for comparasion)
Does Tim have stealth-tech in his costume or is he capable of sneaking without it like Dick?
On the day Superman and Garfield Logan return to the planet Earth from the planet Mars why did Superman not tell Black Canary that she should go to Garfield Logan to council Garfield over Superboy's death and if Superman did tell Black Canary, then why Black Canary not go to Garfield on the day Garfield returns to earth from mars or the next day after Garfield and Superman return to earth to council Garfield?
Why make or racebended Halo/Violet into middle eastern muslim girl?
1. Is Dick still in contact with Mr. Haly?
2. Would we ever in this series see Bette Kane as a superhero, since she was Flamebird and the original Batgirl in the comics?
3. Has Dick ever thought of getting vengeance on Tony Zucco?
4. I know from the Young Justice comics, that besides Dick, his uncle also survived and that he became badly injured. Is his uncle still alive?
5. Did Dick ever saw Tony Zucco again after he and Batman managed to him to justice?
Here are some questions about M'Gann:
1. How did Martian Manhunter learn about the value of tolerance and acceptance? Given the fact that he went to Earth in the 1960's, he must have learned about Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement. He probably even learned about the Holocaust. Was the Civil Rights Movement the reason how J'onn learned about acceptance?
2 Since Earth television was introduced to Mars in the 1960's, what classic TV series would the Martians have seen?
Did these include I Love Lucy, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and Bewitched?
3. What about when M'Gann and Em'Ree started watching Hello Megan? Did the Martians watch series such as Little House on the Prairie, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family and Happy Days?
4. Would the Martians be exposed to classic films, such as the Godfather, The Wizard of Oz, and Dirty Dancing?
5. Given the caste prejudice occurring on Mars, have the Martians ever seen TV series that deal with racism, such as All in the Family and some episodes of Little House on the Prairie?
6. In India, there is also a caste system that is quite similar to the one on Mars. The Indian caste system is based on one's surname. Like the caste system on Mars, there are four to five categories in the Indian caste system. There are also priests in the caste system that are similar to the yellow Martians. I would like to know if the caste system in India is an inspiration for the caste system on Mars?
If you don't know anything about the caste system in India, you may want to google it and learn more about it.
Hello, Greg Weisman, here are some questions regarding some of the characters of Young Justice
1. Can Sindella do magic like her husband and daughter?
2. Is Sindella an immigrant from Italy or is she from the US?
3. What type of cancer did Sindella die from?
4. Is Sindella's death the reason why Zatara was so overprotective of Zatanna in the first season?
5. I heard from a previous response that Zatanna did date other people after Dick. Did she date someone named John Constantine?
6. Lots of fans have noticed that Zatanna and Rocket are always seen together. Are Zatanna and Rocket best friends? If so, I feel like the series have not directly established that at all.
7. Does Conner treat Dubbilex like a father figure?
8. Does he view Martha and Jonathan Kent as parental figures, if he tends to look at Superman as a brotherly figure?
9. If Jim Harper treats all the genomorphs including Conner as family, does he think of Conner like a brother?
10. Does Conner treat Kraig, Erin, and Benny as his siblings, like how he would treat Dick, Artemis, Kaldur, Superman, and the Team and Outsiders?
11. Is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Artemis and Jade's favorite story growing up?
12. Or does Artemis enjoy other works of literature?
13. If so, is Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities her most favorite story, since she was seen holding that book in her story arc in a flashback?
14. What part of Vietnam is Paula Crock from? Would that be North Vietnam or South Vietnam?
15. What is Crusher's ethnicity?
16. Why did Jade chose to look like the Cheshire Cat for her attire? Is it because the Cheshire Cat is her favorite character?
17. What is Artemis's favorite Wonderland character?
18. Who are Artemis's favorite classical writers and authors?
19. What does Artemis's new boyfriend study?
Why did superman not realize Garfield was also has depression over suberboy's death during the trip back to earth from mars?
Hey Greg, after watching the spectacular Spider-Man a thought came to me about Young Justiceâs Mary.
Do you think her situation with power obsession is comparable to what happened with Eddie Brock? With him being obsessed about Being Venom,
The biggest difference I see is that the symbiotic is somewhat sentient, and the power of SHAZAM is not.
Second question was that power withdrawal /obsession Mary suffered something Black Adam, Billy or Freedy also felt?
Also, do you think Maryâs obsession with her power had to do with low self steem on her normal self?
Blank Adam is also transformed all the time, but he also has that rapid aging problem to have him donât bother, doesnât he?
It seemed like this only affected Mary of all the holders of Shazam we know so far. Unlike, say, Venom who was trying to corrupt the minds or both Peter and Eddie, The problem seems to be on Maryâs end completely,
Thank you Greg.
While heading back to earth from mars did superman ask Garfield if he was ok and if Garfield say he was tired why did superman point out that is a lie and tell Garfield he will get Garfield help?
What happened to Dr. Strange before Economos became warden?
When did Courtney Whitmore become Stargirl?
When Superman and Beast Boy were traveling to Earth from Mars leaving Miss Martian to search for her white martian brother with her Uncle John why didn't Superman offer Beast Boy to join Superman's family at the Kent farm to grieve for the loss of Conner and if Superman did offer then why did Beast Boy refuse Superman's offer?
How exactly did Granny Goodness know about Mary Bromfield's magic power-abusing problem, and what exactly does she have to gain by manipulating Mary into becoming Sergeant Marvel again?
1. Since it seems original to this series, what influenced the decision to make Harm's sword specifically a sword of Beowulf? Was it possibly a reference to DC's 1970s sword-n-sorcery Beowulf book, just a personal fondness for the original poem, or some other reason?
2. Some DC properties drawn on the Juedo-Christian Bible- i.e., sometimes the Phantom Stranger is hinted to be Judas Iscariot, or Vandal Savage to be Cain. Without going into any specific future character plans, are you COMFORTABLE incorporating details like that, given... ah... possible contention? (I think you mentioned something like that being a concern when working on Gargoyles)
Anyway, I love all I've seen of work and hope you are well.
Why was it decided that part of the plan of the young justice story that Garfield and Perdita's lives come together to meet and love each other if was part of your plan for them to breakup and not to get back to together later in your story?
In episode 4x11,
1. Was the version/appearance of Billy Batson seen by Mary his 2010 appearance? Or was it meant to mimic his hitherto unseen 2014-ish appearance that he would have looked like the first time he convinced Mary to stop transforming? And whichever the answer is, why did Mary/Nabu (whoever conjured the illusion) choose to make him appear that way?
2. Is there a reason besides availability that Eric Lopez voiced Billy here and not one of the previous voice actors? I thought it was good, but you could kinda tell that it was an adult trying to be a child.
3. Is the fact that she needed outside intervention (if an illusion of Billy even counts as outside intervention since she may have conjured it herself) a sign that she kinda cheated the test and was not in fact ready for the fight?
4. Previously, as far as I can find, the only descriptor given by you of the Marvel family's relationship has been that the other 3 are Billy's "three best school friends". Is there a reason beyond that that he referred to her as sis, or are they just that close of friends?
Why did you make the choice that the season one heroes would be reunited with their loved ones in their arcs in young justice season 4 but decide Garfield that does not get back with the one who loves him who is Perdita and not resume their relationship at the end of young justice phantoms after the breakup?
1) Do Beast Boy & Miss Martian know that it was Queen Bee who murdered Marie Logan?
2) Do they want justice or revenge?
3) Have they not pursued justice because there just isn't a viable way of doing that - short of murdering a head of state?
Some Zeta questions that hopefully don't cross the line into spoilers.
1. You've revealed that Jay Garrick and Bart Allen were given the Zeta designations A-13 and A-14 respectively, but we haven't seen those numbers used on screen. So how are they actually read out by the computer? Is it Flash A-13 and Impulse A-14, or Jay Garrick A-13 and Bart Allen A-14, or one codename and one secret identity?
2. Same question for Lucas "Snapper" Carr A-01. Is he Snapper, Snapper Carr, Lucas Carr?
3. Is there an in-universe reason why Dick, when assigning G-series designations, used the last name-comma-first name format when the A-series designations we've seen are just first name-last name?
And a couple that I think will be spoilers:
4. Did Eduardo Dorado, Sr receive a Zeta designation during/because of his work on the Erdel Initiative?
5. Were the Doom Patrol ever given Zeta designations during a hypothetical JL/DP crossover adventure?
Hi, Greg. Amazing show, loving Phantoms so far (ep. 13, waiting for the date for the 2nd part of the season).
Why you can say that Robin (Tim) and Wonder Girl (Cassie) are done for but not if Zatanna and Dick are done for? Itâs because Tim and Cass are not as important as Dick and Zee?
Did you expect for your new relationships to be as well accepted as they were or they surpass your expectations? Iâm talking about Spitfire, SuperMartian and Chalant that became fan favorites in no time.
Anyway hope you and yours stay whelmed and much health to all of you.
Hey, follow up to an earlier question.
This one, specifically two where you were confused. By Stellar Geography I had meant a map of the Milky Way Galaxy in the verse, like this one that Transformers Animated has.
You also see them in series like Star Wars and Star Trek, where there are maps to show you how close planets are and where they are relative to each other. Do you have anything like that for Earth-16?
Is the Klamulon Commander from "Nightmare Monkeys" Der'Chow, or a different character also played by Harvey?
Was Garfield at any of Conner's birthday parties when Garfield lived with Rita Farr?
Was Garfield at Conner's birthday party in 2015 after Garfield moved into mount justice after Rita Farr died?
Why did you decided to force Dick to be with Barbara boring Gordon out of all the amazings, new, healthy and fresh relationships that he could have dÃ©velopped in this new universe ? I mean at this point dickbabs itâs just overused and boring, plus their relationship in the show didnât even have a little development, it came out of nowhere and it doesnât make sense. Like we know that you made Chalant broke up so you can put dickbabs down our throats I am sick of seeing them together again and again, we also know thatâs the reason Kory isnât in the show. I just want to ask WHY ? Why did you chose overused and boring dickbabs over Chalant, it is so so much better, I am so disgusted and disappointed by our choice and donât even think I am the only one, thatâs what 97% of the fandom thinks. Change it please
Was M'GANN at Garfield Logan's 9 birthday or 10 birthday?
Why did Rita Farr trust Miss Martian to take Garfield to places?
Did Rita Farr ever let Garfield travel with Miss Martian to any places and if so, were during the time Rita Far was alive?
How old was General Lemar when he was murdered?
Before Rita join the doom patrol did Rita and Garfield live in a house or an apartment in the young justice universe? Did the doom patrol live in a mansion in young justice universe?
Hey Greg, got some multiverse questions. Not going to ask about earth 17 as I know that:s a spoilerâ¦but ignoring that:
1.- How open would you be to earth 16 interacting with other universes?
2.- How open would you be to the idea of Canon crossovers with other shows for earth 16 ? I know there are plays, but those arenât canon. Say Teen titans and the team of Young justice meeting for real instead of that Beast boy nightmare.
2b Also how do you feel about the ides of canon crossovers between other shows with Gargoyles (not counting your planned spin-offs like Bad guysââ
3.- Do you view Earth 16 as being isolated from the multiverse? As in part of the multiverse, but more bound to interact with other universes?
How did Miss Martian find out Marie logan was dead? How did Miss Martian find out Garfield was living with Rita Farr after Marie logan die? How did Miss Martin find out the location were Garfield and Rita was living at so Miss Martian could visit Garfield after Marie Logan?
Did Garfield attended a school when he living with Rita Farr before Garfield 's skin turn green after Marie logan died in the truck crash?
Why was Garfield's last name not change from Logan to Farr after Rita Farr adopted Garfield?
For Young Justice why did you guys have damian so young? By season 4 if everyone aged right shouldn't damian be around 10-15 because during the new 52 movies he is apart of the teen titans. I guess what I'm trying to ask without spoiling the plot of the show is why wait till now to introduce damian and why at such a young age?
In young justice timeline why did Rita get the power of elasticity before Garfield's skin turn green? Why did M'gann not get invited to attend Marie Logan's funeral? Was Garfield in the USA or Qurac when Ria meet first Miss Martian for the first time?
Since Vandal Savage has taken numerous aliases of famous historical figures, does that mean that, in Earth-16's historical records, the birthdates of these figures are actually FALSE; while the dates of their "deaths" are technically TRUE in some sense (assuming Vandal Savage disappeared during each "death.")?
Questions in Regards to Earth-16's Troia:
#1. Is her real name Donna Troy?
#2. Are she and Wonder Woman sisters; considering that she mentioned "Mother" (who is presumably Queen Hippolyta) during their conversation with each other in "Elder Wisdom"?
#3. Since she did not show up to Raquel's bridal shower in "Satisfaction," did she send her condolences (for not being able to come) and did she give a Raquel a gift (whatever it might be); both presumably happening off-screen?
Garfield Logan's skin turn green in what team year in young justice reality?
If Icicle Jr. was technically still in love with Tuppence Terror (despite the fact that Miss Martian having posed as her), than why haven't asked her out yet? Is because he's worried that her twin brother, Tommy, will beat Icicle, Jr. up if he tries to date his twin sister?
Questions in Regards to Earth-16's Amanda Waller:
#1. Is she also known by any of the following aliases from the comics; Black King, Mockingbird, White Queen, and The Wall?
#2. Does she have any children and/or grandchildren like in the comics and, if so, then how many and what are their names?
#3. In your most honest opinion, do you believe that she will eventually soften up on her stance against the superheroes someday like her DCAU counterpart did after Lex Luthor and Brainiac were defeated in Justice League Unlimited? Regardless whether the answer is yes or no, please explain your opinions on why you think Amanda Waller may or may not likely eventually change her ways in the future.
Beast Boy is not dating a female as an adult in the comics but why was you decide Beast Boy would remain single as an adult after his breakup with Perdita in young justice story?
In âI Know Why the Caged Cat Sings,â Lois believed that if Clark had gotten to Mars five minutes sooner, then Clark likely would've died alongside Conner. Just between you and me, would that have actually happened in such a "what if?" scenario, and, if so, then why would that be the case even if Clark would've been at full power due to just arriving; whereas Conner was already becoming increasingly vulnerable due to spending time on Mars?
Questions in Regards to Earth-16's Martha Kent:
#1. Is her current full name Martha Clark-Kent; since Clark is her maiden name?
#2. Did she and her husband (Jonathan) tried to have a child of their own before Kal-El eventually came into their lives, and if so, how many times did they tried and what was the medical reason why Martha was ultimately unable to have a child?
#3. Since nothing is known at all about her own family in the comics, does she have any siblings (brothers or sisters or both) on Earth-16, or was Martha an only child in her family?
In "Home Fires," did I hear correctly that Iris West-Allen called her son, Don Allen, by the nickname, "Donnie"?
Are the full names of the known members of Earth-16's Flash family correct?
Jason Peter "Jay" Garrick
Bartholomew Henry "Barry" Allen
Iris Ann West-Allen
Robert Rudolph "Rudy" West
Wallace Rudolph "Wally" West
Bartholomew Henry "Bart" Allen
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Lois Lane:
#1. Is her current full name Lois Joanne Lane-Kent?
#2. Is her father General Samuel "Sam" Lane?
#3. Is her sister Lucile "Lucy" Lane?
#4. Does she have a younger paternal half-brother named Leonardo "Leo" Lane; like in the comics?
#5. Are she and her husband (Clark) currently taking sabbaticals from the Daily Planet in order to raise their son, Jonathan "Jonny" Samuel Kent?
On Earth-16, is Shazam's full name William Joseph "Billy" Batson?
In pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth), Black Canary's full name is Dinah Laurel Lance. In post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (Prime Earth), Black Canary's full name is Dinah Drake Lance. As such, in Earth-16 continuity, which version of Black Canary's full name is correct?
Questions In Regards to Earth-16's Nightwing:
1. Is his full name Richard John "Dick" Grayson?
2. Because his father and cousin shared the same first name (John), did he address his cousin by any nicknames, and if so, then what were they?
3. Does he have a older paternal half-sister named Melinda; just like in the comics?
4. How did he come up with the name Nightwing for his current superhero code name?
On Earth-16, are Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake considered to be the legal wards or the adoptive sons of Bruce Wayne? Also, do Dick, Jason, and Tim consider each other to be adoptive brothers?
Questions In Regards to Earth-16's Robin II:
#1. Is his full name Jason Peter Todd?
#2. Is his father's name Willis Todd?
#3. Is his mother's name Sheila Haywood (pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity) or Catherine Todd (post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity)?
#4. Did Jason first met Bruce Wayne (as Batman) while trying to steal the tires from the Batmobile?
#5. During his time as Robin, were Jason's actions impulsive, reckless, and full of rage whenever he fought against criminals?
Questions In Regards To Earth-16's Robin III:
#1. Is his full name Timothy Jackson "Tim" Drake?
#2. Are his parents' names Jack and Janet Drake?
#3. Did Tim and his parents went to the Haly International Traveling Circus to see the Flying Graysons when Tim was a young boy?
#4. After Jason's death in early 2015, what exactly did Tim have to do in order to convince Bruce Wayne to allow Tim to become the third Robin?
Two Questions In Regards To Earth-16 Black Canary:
#1. Is her full name Dinah Laurel Lance?
#2. Does she have a sister (Sara Lance) like her Arrowverse counterpart?
Season 4 has been amazing so far and I really do look forward to what happens next (what a cliffhanger!). I'm curious about something, though.
During her final fight with everyone, Child's forehead cracked and showed her energy form beneath it. Was that because she was straining to use a lot of power or something else? For that matter, would something similar happen if Klarion strained?
These are questions from season 2 that I wanted to make more clear.
1. When M'gann was kidnapped and healing Kaldur's mind, did she ever tell him and Artemis the truth about her and Conner's break up? that he tried to warn her, but she wouldn't listen and if she did tell them, how did they react and did they give her advice on how to mend things with Conner?
2. When M'gann was kidnapped, I was wondering if the Team had come up with an excuse for her absence from Ivy Univerity since her friends and teachers would wonder why she was absent. It was never addressed?
in gargoyles how come nokar the alien sentinel didnt protect the natives of easter island from the europeans
What USA state was Rita Farr's home in before she join the doom patrol? What USA state had the doom patrol HQ ?
Why was part your plan of young justice that Garfield would fall in love Queen Perdita if you had not plan to have them to get married instead have Garfield end his relationship with her and not back with her in a relationship and married her in a future part of the story?
Why did Rita still want to keep her married live with Steven going for the years they live together if she knew Steven was not kind to Garfield?
How was beast boy able to commutate with his doom patrol teammates on missions in animal form or work with the other doom patrol members on missions if he could not commutate in animal form on missions?
In what team year did Garfield Logan's skin turn green in the timeline of young justice? Did M'gann find out Garfield's skin was going to turn green before it did? How long did take for his entire body to turn green after his skin started to turn green?
When was Garfield given his first Martian bio suit why he not given speakers so he could speak when animal form like he has in young justice outsiders?
Why did M'gann not offer Garfield to join the young justice's covert team soon after she learn he got use to his power to change into animals when he was living with his adopted mom, Rita?
Why did Rita Farr not allow Garfield to join the team that Miss Martian was part of that work for the justice league after Garfield learn to control his power to shapeshift into animals when Rita Farr was still alive?
In the young justice universe how did Beast Boy find out Superman was Clark Kent?
Why was Beast Boy told Clark Kent is Superman in young justice universe?
Why does Cassie wear a hairband into the field if her hair still falls in front of her face?
Why does Superman trust Garfield knowing Superman's name is Clark Kent in young justice phantoms?
How do you response to the information that the majority of the fans hate the part of the plot of young justice phantoms of the permeant breakup ending to Garfield's relationship to Queen Perdita?
Why was beast boy never invited to the Kent family farm after beast boy learn that Clark Kent was superman?
The light seems to have policy where once a member has been caught they are left to rot. Does this policy include vandal savage? Since he is the founder of the light and has centuries of knowledge. Would the light just replace him if the heroes are somehow able to capture him or would they make a exception for him and try to release him?
I've got couple of questions about miss martian and martians in general. (and sorry if i have grammar mistakes because English is not my native language)
1-how strong is miss martian telekinesis? you've shown her lifting cars easily but could she lift a truck by her telekinesis? what about a tank?
2-martians can't change mass so would increasing volume make them less strong and durable as their density decrease? would they become even weaker than a human if they grow into the size of a building?
3-could she make herself elastic enough for bullets to bounce off from her?(as it was demonstrated by metamorpho in the show)
4-is it possible for a martian (with enough practice) to make telekinetic constructs?
We know that the light has this project lifeboat which entails that all light members and their chosen companions would evacuate to the warworld for certain planetary situations.
My question is what would be the lightâs plan going forward if there would be a situation where the earth would be destroyed(or at the very least become uninhabitable)? Since all of their efforts had been to make earth the dominant power in the galaxy. Would they just seek another planet and start over there?
Hey there Greg, I am banking a little that the place Conner is trapped will be the phantom zone (currently in the mid season finale as I write this).So my question is this:
1.- Is if possible to trap a lord of chaos in the phantom zone?
Dr fate said it was impossible to contain a lord of order, and we did see a Klarion jumping in a and out of a mistery dimension were Conner was trapped. Presumably the phantom zone.
Also My other theory is that you will revel supergirl as being trapped there. Supergirl is usually linked with the legion, and would explain her survival, with brainiac in the comics just being a red herring.
1. What are Magog's powers/abilities on Earth 16?
2. Is the character J.W. from the play canon to Young Justice or was that just for the radio play?
3. Would telepaths be considered metahumans or is it's own thing?
4. What does Martian sorcery consist of? By that I mean if Atlantean sorcery is hard water constructs, Zatanna speaks backwards for a variety of effects what does Martian sorcery do? If that is too broad what was it doing onscreen was it light manipulation?
5. Why didnât the Scarab explain it wasnât allied with the Reach because of it malfunctioning?
By the time you read this posting, I will have assumed that that you read my second posting in regards to addressing an error in my first posting (in which I had asked you five questions about Batwoman) regarding a question about the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Kate Kane on Earth-16, and I will have assumed that you have fixed the mistake.
I owe you a huge apology in regards to my mistake about the relationship between the two characters because when I gave you that question, I had completely forgotten that Bruce's mother and Kate's father were siblings in the Kane family tree; as such, all of Bruce's relationships with the Kane family would be MATERNAL via his mother, and all of Kate's relationships with the Kane family would be PATERNAL via her father. By the time I realized my mistake in my first posting, it was too late to fix it, and so I had sent you a second posting to ask you to confirm the correct three facts about Bruce's and Kate's relationship. So now hopefully, Bruce Wayne is correctly confirmed to actually be Kate's PATERNAL cousin, am I right?
Next, I also decided to look up Bette Kane on the internet after you mentioned that she had an unspecified relation with Kate Kane. According to Wikipedia, Bette and Kate are revealed to be cousins after the events of Infinite Crisis. Further investigation by going to the DC Database Wiki led me into checking out the Kane family tree; showing that Bette Kane is the daughter of an as-of-yet-unnamed man who is one of five children (alongside his siblings, Nathan, Philip, Jacob, and Martha; not in any order due to birth order not yet revealed in the comics) of Roderick and Elizabeth "Betsy" Kane. As such, all of Bette's relationships with the other members of the Kane family can be considered paternal via her father.
Finally, in regards to the Earth-16 version of Damian, I am guessing that he is considered to be the son of Bruce Wayne, and the first cousin once removed of Kate Kane and Bette Kane?
You've already mentioned that increasing volume is fairly easy for a martian but they can't change mass, my question is could they absorb the matter around them (e.g. the ground) to add mass?
And if so, would Shape-Shifting into gigantic sizes makes them stronger and more durable? (because they gained more weight and density)
I also wanted to thank you all for making such a great series. I hope you keep it up.
Why did Queen Perdita like beast boy's half monkey form half human form from young justice season 2 if he did show her after he begin dating her?
When Garfield was dating Queen Perdita why did Garfield not show Perdita his half human half monkey shape from young justice invasion but if he did show his half human half monkey shape from young justice invasion to Queen Perdita what did she think about it?
Why was it never going to be part of the plan of your young justice story that Garfield and Perdita to get married as adults and Garfield would become the father to Queen Perdita's heir to her throne?
1.Is project match still a loose end in the show? I haven't read the companion comics but know a little bit of his fate there, does that mean the original project match is gone both in the comics and the show. I have scowered the wiki but it's a little confusing.
2.Are companion comic events canon to the show?
Anyways love what you are doing and I love y'all's vision(hopefully matter eater lad is in that vision), keep up the great work you guys do it means more than y'all might know.
How do you feel about the fans of young justice not liking Garfield and Perdita breaking up and not geting back togather later in young justice story?
1. Do you think that "quality of writing" is something that the average person might have a stronger opinion about compared to other subjective creative forms like art or music? Does that make it more likely that you'll get people complaining about the quality of the writing in a show rather than any other aspect of it?
2. Is it fair to say that a lot of complaints of this nature are ignorant of the many factors that go into making a show outside of purely creative decisions? Stuff like budget, scheduling or availability that might influence what's reasonably possible to do in a specific time frame?
3. Have you noticed these kinds of criticisms getting worse over time? I feel there wouldn't have been as many people complaining about "Hello, Megan" during the time of Gargoyles, or maybe even Spidey.
4. I get that armchair criticism has always been around and that social media has provided a bigger platform for it, but the recent negative reception to stuff like the ending of Game of Thrones or Star Wars The Last Jedi has made me curious about your perspective on this kind of thing.
Hello Greg. Iâm a big fan of you and your shows you made and I few questions for Young Justice.
1. When will the second half of Young Justice Season 4 come out (I know its return in Spring, but what month? Mars or April?
2. Will more new Justice League members appear in Young Justice, such as Huntress, the Question, Fire Vigilante and Shining Knight from Justice League Unlimited? (I think youâve watched that show, its one of the best DC animated cartoons Iâve ever watched and I know Fire was mentioned in the last episode of Season 3).
3. Are Stargirl and Courtney Whitmore the same person? (Their both voiced by the same actor).
4. Will Barbara become Batgirl if her spine heals?
5. Will Raâs al Ghul rejoin the Light and become the leader of the League of Shadows again?
Thatâs everything for now. I have a few questions for you, but Iâll ask you again another time. Goodbye and see you soon Greg.
Why was it decide by you people who made young justice that Garfield Logan would not have a happy ending in young justice season 4 even though you had the other season one characters to have a happy ending in season 4 of young justice?
Why was it part of the plan of the story of young justice that Garfield and Perdita would breakup in the first place?
Why did you not want blue devil and the outsiders not come to the conclusion that the cause of beast boy's behavior after return to earth from mars was, he was depressed over Superboy's death and not tell black canary so she could conceal Beast Boy before episode 13 of young justice phantoms?
Hello Greg. I have a few questions regarding some other characters from Young Justice.
1. Is Spoiler's father Cluemaster real name Arthur Brown?
2. Will she have a big role in Season 4?
3. Will Brainiac appear in Season 4?
4. Are Nightwing, Jason Todd, Robin and Orphan considered Batman's wards or adopted children?
If you Greg did not intended for Garfield Logan to get married as an adult, then why did you want Garfield to have a relationship with Queen Perdita in the first place?
1. How much (if any) variation in skin color is there within the Martian castes? Like, in the same way someone from Norway would likely have lighter skin than someone from Greece, are there Green Martians with skin that's closer to turquoise or lime than J'onn's?
2. Are there inter-caste Martians that, like mixed race humans, have a skin tone between their two parents (like in the case of the M'orzz family, could someone like Em'ree have skin that's a lighter shade of green)?
Since the Earth-16 version of Merlyn does exist (due to a version of "DC Showcase: Green Arrow" having already taken place), is his real name Arthur King and is his legal name Malcolm Merlyn; just like in the post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity?
First at all. Thank you and Brandi for making YJ. Loving the season 4 so much, looking forward for the second half.
Since we learned that Kent is closed to Zataraâs familyâ¦Why didnât Zee attended to his funeral? but her dad did as we saw in YJ comic issue 11
Questions in Regards to Earth-16's Green Arrow:
#1. Is his full name Oliver Jonas "Ollie" Queen?
#2. Are his parents' names Robert and Moira Queen?
#3. As a child, was he a natural archer and did he idolized Robin Hood as his hero?
#4. Are he and Black Canary currently engaged like in "DC Showcase: Green Arrow," or not? If the latter, then why?
#5. Assuming his origin story is more or less the same as his other counterparts in the DC multiverse, what was the name of the island he was stranded on, and how long did he stay there until he got out?
#6. Did the loss of his entire fortune teach him a very important lesson; if so, what exactly was that lesson?
Beast Boy is not in a dating relationship with a woman as a grownup in the dc comics but why you choose that Beast Boy would not have a dating relationship with a woman as a grownup in young justice universe after his breakup with Queen Perdita?
In the comics, the full name of Batwoman is addressed in two different ways:
#1. In pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth), her full name is addressed as Katherine Rebecca "Kate" Kane.
#2. In post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (Prime Earth), her full name is addressed as Katherine "Kate" Rebecca Kane.
As such, in the Earth-16 continuity, which version of Batwoman's full name is the correct version to address her by?
Why did you want Garfield to end his relationship with Perdita over depression over conner's death on mars in episode 13 of the fourth season of young justice to only to reveal conner was alive in the 13 episode of the fourth season young justice?
Since versions of the "DC Showcase: Green Arrow" and "Catwoman: Hunted" films are confirmed to have happened on Earth-16, does that also mean that the characters who have not yet appeared on Earth-16 (such Catwoman, Merlyn,