A Station Eight Fan Web Site
: Displaying all 2396 records. :
Posts Per Page: 1 : 10 : 25 : 50 : 100 : All :
After Garfield's skin turn green and got the power to change into animals in 2012 why didn't miss martian offer Garfield the chance to join the team and go on team missions with miss martian and her team teammates when Garfield was living with Rita and if miss martian did offer it to after Garfield got his beast boy powers then why did Rita does not allow it or nor trust miss martian to keep Garfield safe with her on The Team missions?
Was beast boy the tagalong kid to The Team that miss martian and superboy was members of during the years between 2012-2014 before Rita die in 2015 in young justice timeline?
How many of conner's birthday parties was Garfield at when Garfield was living with Rita during the years after Marie logan died but before Rita died?
Why did you take away Garfield logan's last chance of happiest with was with Perdita after you have his mother Marie die and Rita die and many of Garfield's superhero friends die also as part of your young justice story?
In the dc comics superboy and miss martian didn't have romantic relationship but in your young justice universe Greg you have superboy and miss martian having a romantic relationship eventify miss martian and superboy to married so why did you want beast boy's romantic relationship with Perdita to end with a permit breakup causing young justice universe beast boy being single as an adult like his dc comic beast boy version is and not let beast boy and Perdita stay together to eventuality to get married as well?
Why should beast boy lead the outsiders as leader again like time travels from the future say he does despite not a single one of beast boy's outsider friends on earth would ask beast boy why beast boy was not going on outsider missions with the outsiders after beat boy return to earth from mars and before Perdita came to the Hub to see beast boy?
I know you have their dating relationship end with a breakup, but my question is Why Greg did you what Garfield and Perdita to fall in love and date as part of the plot of the story of young justice in the first place if you Weisman did not intend for them to get married?
Who was the person that sent the goggles to Perdita in young justice outsiders episode nightmare monkeys?
Why did you have as part of the young justice story to have Garfield Logan breakup with Perdida if you Greg believe that Garfield and Peridia were the right one for each other?
Young justice season 4 was so good that young justice season 5 was cancelled.
Why did you Mr. Greg believes it was unrealistic for Garfield and Perdita to together as a dating couple when Garfield is the outsiders leader and Perdita a is a queen and have them breakup as part of the plot of season 4 because of that belief you have about Garfield and Perdita being a dating couple despite Orin and Mera are together as married couple in young justice season 4 and Orin support Mera becoming queen and she would support Orin becoming a justice league member again?
Why did HBOMAX not want to make a season 5 of young justice ?
where Sportsmaster lives in all seasons
What's with you and needlessly changing peoples skin colors and whatnot in adapations? Just make an expy guy. Ya ain't doing something in an alternate reality. This is an adapatation
When Suzanne said birth dad she means bilogical dad. So is one of the Light the bilogical dad of garfilld logan?
Did queen bee does not kill garfield logan after queen bee killed marie logan as revinge against miss martian because queen bee knew one of the male members of the Light was the birth dad of garfield logan?
After Miss martian form a relationship with the Logans durning the events of young justice episode IMAGE why did the justice league not tell queen bee that the Logans were of limits just like the heroes told the Light members that Perdita was of limits to the Light at the end of young justice comic story targets before Queen Bee could killed Marie logan in that truck crash?
If a 5 season of young justice was ever made were you going to show Perdita had develop superpowers by the time of season 5 and become the young justice version of Starefire or Raven in season 5?
What is the name of Bette Kane's mother
How does reincarnation work in the Gargoyles world? We saw that Rory Dugan was the reincarnation of Cu Chullain, is that something that only happens for certain heroic/powerful individuals?
Does the young justice queen perdita have a dormant meta gene that has not been activated ?
Question 1 During the times Beast Boy visited Miss Martian after Garfield's skin turn green when beast boy was living with Rita did m'gann take Garfield on team missions? Question 2 Did beast boy serve as miss martian's sidekick during times beast boy visited miss martian during the time beast boy live with rite after Garfield logan's skin turn green?
Have you ever heard of Ray Donovan, if so are you a fan at all?
Also is magic a weakness of superman in the Young Justice universe like it is in the comics?
What is Orm's father's name?
Did Garfield logan get the toys he has in his mount justice bedroom before after his skin turn green when he was living with rite? Did Garfield's skin turn green before or after Rita Farr's superpower appear?
Why don't the justice leage not disband the team for the team's actions of leting queen bee escape in season 1 which lead to marie logan death?
when Lioner Luthor was born
After the events of young justice season 3 Why didn't the justice league not punsh artimis for giving tara the choice to kill or not kill beast boy ?
What the FUCKING HELL is it with you can this habit of racical, gender or sexuality changing guys.I don't get why anyone does that. Just make an expy character instead. That way, you and these other morons get their trival, meaningless and cancerous diversity AND not ruined how the actual guys are suppose to be like.It's seriously more pragmatic and generally smarter than changing that stuff about them.
Why didn't superman call and tell black canary to go council beast boy over beast boy depression over superboy's death soon after superman learn beast boy was not going on missions?
Hello, I didn't see my question in the archives. Will there be a reissue of any of the SLG Gargoyles comics? I managed to get all but the last and the prices they're on eBay are absurd. I feel like I'm missing a ton of information between that and the newer Dynamite issues.
Why was Ma'alefa'ak changed into being Miss Martian's younger brother in the Young Justice continuity? In the comics, Miss Martian doesn't have a younger brother named Ma'alefa'ak. Ma'alefa'ak is Martian Manhunter's brother in the comics.
Is Miss Martian's sibling relationship with her younger brother Ma'alefa'ak broken beyond repair?
Why would Emily Osborn have been given a bigger role to play in the scrapped third season?
Why did dc universe not want to make season 4 of young justice?
Why did you think is a good story to have beast boy lose his love relationship with Perdita as a couple over beast boy's drug use cause by mental health problems cause by beat boy believing he cause superboy to die on mars when you Mr. Greg knew superboy was still alive in the phantoms zone?
where Wonder Woman works on earth
I had some thoughts on Miss Martian abusing her powers that I wondered if you could respond to.
My interpretation of what we saw and were told in season two was essentially that Miss Martian has various levels of "brain blasting" and psychic interrogation. We know her brain blast of Psimon in Image left him incapacitated for years; even by the time of Legacy it seemed he was only partially recovered, and seemingly needed several more months before he was able to escape his hospital room permanently, as described in Beneath. Her attack on Kaldur seemed to be of a similar scale. Everyone seemed to believe he would not recover without outside telepathic aid. I'll call this a Level 2 brain blast for the purpose of this ramble.
On the other hand, the Krolotean she interogates at the beginning of Alienated appears fully recovered by the time he appears at the end of the episode to leave with the Justice League. Granted we don't see him talk or get any idea of his mental state, but he is standing, not drooling, and generally seems okay. Shimmer clearly has fully recovered from Miss Martian's attack in Beneath by the time of Before The Dawn. I'll call these Level 1 attacks.
My interpretation had been that Kaldur and Psimon were exceptional cases, where M'gann was driven by extreme anger that pushed her to go much further than she normally would. In virtually all other cases (unless perhaps hypothetically she were to encounter Queen Bee), her attacks would be at most like the the latter Level 1 examples, incapacitating the victim for hours, days, perhaps a few weeks at most, but they recover fully fairly quickly without need for external help.
This, to me, feels like the only way to make sense of the Justice League (and the rest of the Team besides Superboy)'s seeming indifference to M'gann's "abuses" of power. I can see why Superboy might feel that what she was doing was too much even at Level 1 and that he might fear, rightly as it turned out, that it would lead to greater excesses. But how many times must Superman or Batman or even Superboy himself have given an opponent a bad concussion, put them in hospital for days or weeks, or even a coma? Heck, how often do you come across stories of someone dying from one punch in a drunken bar fight? The heroes must realistically severly injure and kill some people accidentally from time to time, and not just by using lightning powers on a girl with an unkown heart condition. I can see why others might feel it hypocritical to call her out for doing something psychically that they do physically, especially if they aren't aware of how much control over it she has. It raises an interesting moral question.
I find it much harder to see the League or other members of the Team either not noticing or not caring if she was frequently doing to enemies what she did to Psimon and Kaldur. Not without her psychically manipulating them, which you have previously ruled out.
There's also the issue of Nightwing. Beast Boy flat out tells him that M'gann psychically took Kaldur out in Before The Dawn, yet he is shocked when Conner later tells him M'gann fried Kaldur's brain in The Fix. My assumption was that Nightwing (and Beast Boy himself) assumed what M'gann did was the Level 1 version, when in fact it was Level 2. Superboy himself probably even thought that until M'gann told him the truth. It's easy to believe that if what she did to Psimon was a one-off, years ago, when she didn't have as much control of her powers. But it's hard to justify that if M'gann was doing Level 2's with any degree of frequency or recency.
However, many other fans of the show seem to believe M'gann was doing what she did to Kaldur quite regularly, and I've noticed a response or two from you that seems to suggest that the Kroloteans didn't recover and the other Kroloteans refused M'gann's help.
1) So was the Krolotean at the end of Alienated not as well as he appeared? Or was it just the Krolotean leader from Earthlings that didn't recover? Or did he recover and the Kroloteans just weren't telling?
2) Generally, was my original interpretation on the right track? Were M'gann's worst excesses limited to Psimon and Kaldur, or at least exceptionally rare?
3) If M'gann was doing the worst Level 2 brain blasts more often than I thought, were the League and the Team somehow largely unaware of it? If so, how? Would the League not keep tabs on captured villains and notice how they were in extended comas?
Thanks for indulging this long, rambling post.
In Alienated and couple of later episodes, we see the trophies the League has on display at the Hall of Justice. Many have been identified (https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Alienated#Trivia) but there are a few items that haven't been becuase we don't get a good look or they seem fairly generic:
1) In the far right cabinet there is what appears to be a golden... ball? (we never get a good look at this)
2) Next to that is a silver staff wth a round head.
3) In the far left cabinet is a pair of crossed staves which seem the same as the silver one, but gold.
4) Below the gold staves is a set of Japanese swords.
Can you tell us what these are references to, if anything?
Hi Greg, hope you are well.
There are a number of different types of Apokoliptan weapons that have made their way to Earth. I've tried to compile them all on the wiki: https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Apokoliptan_weapons
1) Do any of them have names used in the scripts or design process that you could share?
2) The device that Orion deploys from his belt to fly looks like the Astro-Harness from the comics. Is it called that on Earth-16?
When was Red Tornado inducted into the Justice Society of America?
Since you've said Red Tornado was created in 1948 (based on the age you gave him) it must have been that year or later. In the induction flashback we see Doctor Fate, looking just like he usually does, but you've previously said Kent gave up the Helmet of Fate in 1945 and used a different helmet. (https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=13668)
Was Kent's "fake" Fate costume visually identical to the original one? Or should he have been shown with a different helmet and/or costume?
If monkey the god did not choose garfield logam then what power would garfield get from the blood that miss martian gave garfild to live?
In the dc comics miss martian and superboy had a romantic relationship but in young justice they did so why did you have beast boy suffer the lost of his romantic relationship with Perdita over drug use cause mental heath problems cause by beast boy believing he cause superboy to die on mars to be single just like his dc comic version after dc comic beast boy's time with dc comic Tara end to only show after that superboy is alive in phanothom zone and is renited with miss martian to miss martian and superboy get married at the end of season 4 of young justice?
Before wally west died on the mission to stop the reach weapon did wally believe miss martian would outlive all of her human teammates because wally knows martian's age slower than humans?
If you got a season 5 of young justice made would you show more of vandal savages's past history in season 5?
If you can't get a anime season 5 for young justice made will you make a young justice season 5 comic series?
Is Marie Logan's son Garfield's y sperm come from vandal savage?
What is the relation between the monkey god and the lords of order in young justice?
Out of all humans of earth why did the monkey god choose garfield?
In "City of Stone Part Three" there is a man on the 23rd Precinct who complains about the missing night and try the Weird Sisters to calm him down. Some people believe that this man is William Greene. What do you mean.
Is the monkey god that spoke to beast boy in outsiders episode nightmare monkeys one of the lords of order in young justice universe ?
Is vandel savage still alive the future year were the young justice season 4 time travers came from?
Hudson is already an old Gargoyle, the condition of his cells should also have an impact on his clone Burbank. So does Burbank have a shorter lifespan than the other clones?
I was wondering if you had ever considered doing your own 'What If...?' comic series, for Gargoyles? I always enjoy watching/reading how things might have gone if things happened differently, and I am constantly wondering about what if, for example, Demona had succeeded in wiping out humanity in Hunter's Moon, what if the clan never met Elisa, what if Brooklyn had joined Demona in Temptation...etc? I think it would make a great comic series, as everyone loves a good What If! You only have to look up all the fanfiction online to see that.
Is vandel savage the biological father of garfild logan in young justice universe?
where Joan Garrick worked in her youth
how highly influential do you have to be to join the light? would a powerful crime kingpin like black mask be considered to be to low level to join the light?
Why did you choose to use still images to show Vangel savage's backstory history in young justice season 3 and season 4?
Why do you believe it was not realistic for the outsiders not to ask beast boy what was wrong with him and why he was not going on missions with them when the outsiders realise there was something was wrong with garfield and get garfield help before Perdita came to see Garfield?
what is the earthly name
Why did want to replace Garfield's love life of Perdida with Garfield's dog?
Just finished season 2 recently, love the show!
1. In the episode "Temptation" when Demona rips out a bunch of pages from the Grimorum, did she rip them out at random, or did she know where to turn in order to get those specific spells?
2. According to the different Gargoyles wikis, Demona used all of the spells she stole, save one. But why didn't she use that last spell? Was it a dud or was it going to be the plot of an episode, but then you had a change in plans?
3. I know the Archmage at the Grimorum (it still makes me laugh really hard) and now it's gone forever, but before that, it had changed hands several times, so is it possible that other pages were ripped out and saved by people before the Xanatos acquired it at the start of the show?
what is the earthly name
J'ann J'onzz M'orzz
when Artemis visited Wally's parents in "Endgame", did they already know about his death? or was she there to break the news? if it was the latter, why was she the one to do it?
Why was there no statute of beast boy in the future year where the tine travelers came from seen in young justice season 4?
May I ask and if you could tell us the Birthday and Hatchday of Goliath, Elisa and David Xanatos.
Thank you for your time.
Dear Mr Weisman How long has Artemis been a fan of the 2005 film Pride and Prejudice and has she ever worn her baseball cap at times wile watching the film at home including any birthday vewings?
where Martian Manhunter works on earth
If you believe Garfield and Perdita were the right one for each other than why did you to have their time together as a couple end over a breakup and not having them end up getting married later on just as miss martian and superboy did?
does Ra's al Ghul have a daughter named Scandal
Are any martian animal species have longer a lifespan than humans in young justice universe?
I was wondering: what was the reason behind making Sindella brunette instead of giving her her original blonde hair?
(I am aware that the New52 and Rebirth comics showed her as a brunette. But I never really understood the change.)
Is Sindella a natural brunette or did she dye her hair?
In season 2 episode earthlings beast boy asks miss martian if she rembered the time she and superboy visit garfield and superboy pick the flowers and miss martian says it was a long time ago. my question is why does miss martian say it was a long time ago when miss martian knows 5 earth years is not a long time to a martian because a martian can live to 300 earth years?
how old is Zeus biologically and is he immortal
i had a question about Bart and i'm hoping it's vague enough to not be a considered a spoiler: would you consider the future he came from, at the time that he left it in "Bloodlines", apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic?
Currently, Elena and Emma of Normandy are referred to as sisters because their father is Richard I. Based on history and Elena's year of birth, Elena was born before Richard's first marriage, while Emma was born in Richard's second marriage.
So are they actually half sisters? And what was Elena's mother social class? Name is not important.
Why did Netflix not want to make season 4 of young justice?
Do you believe young justice season 5 would still be cancelled
by HBOMAX if you did not have as part of the plot of young justice season 4 beast boy breakup with Perdita if so, why so and if not why?
when she was born
Hi Greg. In your YJ character countback you listed Wild-Wagon. Is that the Eath-16 name for the Whiz Wagon, the Forever People's vehicle? Since you list it as a character does that mean it's a living machine like Sphere? Does it have a gender like Sphere?
Were you going have Garfield and the real Perdita become a coup again in season 5 after Garfield breakup with the clone Perdita in season 4 of young justice as part of the plot of season 5?
I have some questions regarding Oracle. Some parts of this may have been addressed in other questions in the queue, but not all of it and it seemed easier to ask this all together, sorry for any repitition.
Throughout season three we see Dick keeping the fact he is working with Oracle a secret from evryone outside the Anti-Light. At first I assumed this meant Oracle herself was a secret and no-one knew about her, but when the Anti-Light is uncovered at the end of the season it seems clear that everyone knows who she is and what she does.
1) So why does he keep it secret? Is it just because she is officially a member of a team Nightwing is not officially part of and who he shouldn't be communicating with? I'm sure most people would expect them to work together anyway, kind of like Superboy and Miss Martian did.
2) What team(s), if any, has Oracle been a member of? Or is she considered more support now than an official member, like Mal pre-Guardian?
3) Did she leave any team(s) due to the walkout in Princes All? Did she rejoin them in Nevermore?
4) Does Oracle do her own solo heroic hacking work, like in the comics, or does she just provide support for others/act as part of a team?
I've been wondering about Intergang and their relationship with Apokolips. In Disordered we find out Intergang is being supplied with equipment by Desaad. We never see them working with/for the Light, but in Salvage, Sportsmaster says that Intergang had turned from the Light, suggesting they did have a relationship prior to that point.
My theory is that the Reach almost certainly knew nothing of the Light's partnership with Darkseid, and the Light would want to keep it that way, and so needed an excuse for the Apokoliptan tech found on Earth. Thus they used Intergang and its relationship with Apokolips as a smokescreen to cover their own involvement.
Am I on the right track?
I loved the music in Catwoman: Hunted. As I understand, it was composed by Yutaka Yamada. If you are allowed to answer, I would like to know if and when we can expect to see an official release for the movie soundtrack?
young justice phantom episode 9 when describing the ancient village of atlantis phantom stranger says this line: this was to be vandar's utopia a place where all his children those that descended from him and those he took under his wing could live in peace and harmony
does that imply that not all the meta humans from the village of atlantis were vandal's descendants?
In episode nightmare monkeys If Perdita had put the goggles on and went to place were the googles gave directions to go to than what would happen to Perdita if she went there?
Why did the person who sent Perdita the goggles in episode nightmare monkeys want Perdita to wear the goggles?
Is the Perdita in young justice targets comic story and season 4 a clone or the real Perdita?
Did you intend for Garfield and the real Perdita seen in season 3 to become a couple again in season 5 after Garfield breakup with the fake Perdita in season 4?
Do the other members of Darkseid's family exist in Earth-16? I know there's Grayven, Kalibak and Orion. But what about Grail, Drax, Heggra, Steppenwolf, Killroy, Rublon or Scott Free?
Earth-16 isn't mentioned or referenced in Dark Crisis: Big Bang. Should I be worried?
Is the person we see as Perdida in young justice phantoms the same person we see as Perdita in young justice outsiders?
How did Perdita get the scare on her neck seen in season 4 of young justice?
how old is garfield's dog wingman
A couple of Targets based questions:
1) How did Lex Luthor find out about the kryptonite and Perdita's plan to bring it to the US?
2) How was Count Vertigo free to take part in the events of Revelation less than 48 hours after getting caught at the end of Intimate Connection? Did Arrow and Canary just... let him go afterwards?
3) How did Vertigo have diplomatic immunity in Coldhearted after getting caught trying to murder Queen Perdita?
Honestly that never made sense to me in the first place, given that the Injustice League blackmailed the whole UN, which would include Vlatava. Plus, that Vlatava doesn't seem like such a powerful country that it can stand up to basically the whole rest of the world and say "we know our guy caused billions of dollars of damage and significant loss of life in multiple very powerful countries, but we're not letting you arrest him" and not face crippling diplomatic and economic consequences, or that those countries would just arrest him anyway, whatever Vlatava thinks. But I guess its just the TV version of diplomatic immunity which means a person can just do anything and face no consequences. Bleh. Anyway, sorry for the rant, it's just a trope that bugs me.
Hi Greg, a couple of questions on the batplane(s) if I may.
We see Batman use two models of aircraft in Young Justice, seemingly both at the same time. One, first seen in Revelation, is like a fighter and was explicitly called the Batplane in Coldhearted. The second appears first in Failsafe in space, and then reapppears in Exceptional Human Beings. It is never explicitly named on screen.
1) Is the second model also called the batplane, or does it have another name e.g. batwing?
2) Is the second model accurately depicted in the simiulation in Failsafe> i.e. can it really go into near space, deploy camera units, etc?
3) In the Batcave in Triptych we see what appears to be another aircraft hanging up wiht folded wings. Is this another batplane design? A replacement for the first design which we never see after season two? A drone? Something else?
4) Revelation shows the first batplane is equipped with guns. Exceptional Human Beings shows the second has lasers. In general, how do you feel about the way Batman's "no guns" rule rarely seems to apply to his vehicles? It's always bothered me personally.
5) Does Batman have a rationale for arming his vehicles with weapons he wouldn't use directly himself?
Thanks as ever!
1) You've revelealed previously that Lietutenant Marvel and Sergeant Marvel both left the Team in the same calendar year. Did they both leave at the same time?
2) You've said that if Mary had been able to appear in Satisfaction, she would have appeared as both Mary and Sergeant Marvel. Does this mean she left the Team for reasons other than having to give up her powers, or was that something new developed in the years after season two?
3) When did Mary stop using her powers (prior to starting again in Kaerb Ym Traeh!)?
Hi, Greg. A couple of questions based on your YJ character countback.
1) Is Krush Jr the crustacean-like guy we see next to M'Chiste in Emergency Dive?
2) Is Krush Jr the son of the Krush mentioned by Calvin Durham?
3) You list Terrance Thurston, presumably Traci's dad. Normally his name is spelled Terrence. Is that a deliberate change or an error?
Is Hawkwoman and Hawkman's armor made of Nth metal?
1). Are you familiar with the batman Arkham games, if so are you a fan of them at all? And in general, what are your favourite interpretations of batman?
2). Are you a ninja turtles at all if so what is your favourite iteration of them?
3). Have you ever seen breaking bad or better call Saul, if so which, do you think is better?
4). You've mentioned before that you're a fan of Shakespeare, but aside from Shakespeare are there any other writers that have influenced your work or style of writing?
Have any aspects of young justices story ever been influenced by conspiracy theories? (Cos I've noticed how similar certain story lines to real life conspiracy theories such as the human cloning story line and the mind control storyline feeling similar to mk ultra, the reach energy feeling to the "fluoride in the water" and GMO conspiracy, also the way the queen bee tried to blackmail ms Martin sounds like something that could be happening to politicians all the time. Also the goode VR goggles feels like a parallel to the metaverse stuff happening now and the metateen abduction and trafficking story line feels like a parallel to many human trafficking networks we've heard about in the real word?Also the North and South Rhelasia conflict being started by lex Corp (a foreign entity) in season 1 feels very similar to what people believe the real cause for the war in Afghanistan and infinity Inc seems like an example of controlled opposition).
what is the name of Eduardo Dorado Jr.'s grandfather
Did any of the people who help you make young justice comic book story targets ever tell you it might have been a mistake to not let Garfield and Perdita get back together as a couple at the end of issue 6 at any point in time after issue 6 was given to the public to see?
Would the events of season 3 and season 4 still happen if young justice was not cancelled by cartoon network?
What is the biological age of Hippolyta mother Wonder Woman
Was season 5 going to take place in the year superboy does the thing he does in happy harbor that the time traverses talk about to superman in season 4?
Why did have (Wally west kid flash) easter eggs in season 3 if you did not plan to have wally west come back?
Do you have regret having beast boy breakup with Perdita as part the story of season 4 and if not then why not?
Why did cartoon network canceled young justice after 2 seasons?
Why did miss martian not ask beast boy what was wrong with him and council beast boy during the time they travel on bioship to mars for miss martian and superboy's wedding on mars in season 4?
Hey Greg I hope you're doing well, firstly I want to thank you for your work on Young Justice the show is great and I personally think you've done a great job with the show, I really hope season 5 ends up happening. Now my questions
1. What did Sportsmaster think of his daughters partners (Wally being with Artemis and Chesire with Roy/Will)?
2. Does Sportsmaster ever check in on his grand-daughter, does Will get any visits from his supervillain father in-law?
3. Why is Wally so much slower than Bart and Barry? I don't remember it ever being explicitly stated why although I may have missed something in one of the comics or something. Man I miss Wally.
4. Most important question, who did Brucely like more Artemis or Wally?
Personally I'm not a fan of Angela being with Broadway I agree with what a person said on your twitter page Angela deserves way better than a doofus and obese gargoyle like Broadway she and the person on twitter was right I wat he'd the 3 part Avalon trilogy and the episode I'll Met By Moonlight they do have feelings for each other and you want to know something he's not in denial about Gabriel and Angela you are their relationship goes way beyond brother and sister.
There was a statue of superboy in the future. But why was there no statue of beast boy in the future time period
were the time travelers of season 4 young justice came from?
1.What is up with the one shot in 1x10 when Cheshire fights Red arrow and spinkicks him and flips back? because wow someone really made that and it really got on tv lol. Also People keep asking are they ever going to do a shot or scene like that again
2.its cool the animation is mostly the same as s1 and even on teen Titans but it updates the quality was that intentional or just it looks cool. Also how many seasons do you think will happen? Sorry for the long question
Was garfield logan at conner's first birthday party made by megan morse in 2011 and if not then why not ?
In 2012 How did wally west react to learning Garfield logan got the power to change into animals in young justice universe?
are the heroes still completely unaware of what metron did to lor zod and if the anwser is yes has no one questioned why lor zod hasn't made another move or do they just think he is biding his time?(pun intended)
If the Justice League and the Team finds out about Mary Bromfield's turn to villainy and Zatanna's role in it, will Zatanna likely end up being expelled from the Justice League?
Are all web wing gargoyles like Lexington smaller then the other ones
How would a web winged gargoyle webbing effect there ability to use a sowrd or other weapons
Would hypolita have a egg on avalon or did she not have a mate and if she did what could he possibly look like together their egg being hundsons grandson or granddaughter
Hi Greg Iâm a huge fan of Young Justice I was 10 when the show came out and Iâve been watching the series on repeat for months on end my question to you is will there be a season 5 and if show could Supergirl and Black marry be potentially the main villains of the show
Thank you so much
Was Terrance Thurston (Doctor Thirteen) one of the individuals who was considered for JL reserve membership by Superman and Black Lightning at the end of "Beyond the Grip of the Gods!"? Two faces were hidden in that shot, so that's why I'm asking about this.
At any point in time after all six issues of young justice comic story targets was relies to the public did any of the people who help you make the young justice cartoon series or young justice comic series subject to you Greg that was a mistake have Garfield breakup with Perdita?
Dear Mr Weisman i have some young justice questions for you 1. How long have Mist and Live wire known each other and do both girls along with Lia Briggs own and wear baseball caps from time to time ? 2. What crimes did Mist and Live wire originally commit to get sentenced to Bell Reve prison before they were both kidnapped for Meta Human trafficing? 3. how old is Doctor 13 and how long has he been active in Earth 16?
Are you going introduce more milestone characters if season 5 of Young Justice is renewed
Did beast boy's voice actor ask you to have beast boy breakup with perditia and if so why?
Soon after m'gann return to earth Why was m'gann not angry at black Canary and the outsiders and blue devil for them not getting help for Garfield for his mental health problems as soon as they knew there was something was wrong with beast boy?
During the time of young Justic comic targets events why does black canary not tell Perdita that Garfield still loves and missies Perdita and Garfield had these mental health problems on mars before Garfield return to earth when black canary and Perdita meet before Perdita gets kidnapped?
In the original timeline of the 31st century; before Lor-Zod went back in time to kill Superboy, was Kara Zor-El released from the Phantom Zone along with Dru-Zod and the other Kryptonians, or did she remained trapped in there? If the former, what happened to her after she was released from the Phantom Zone?
is project rutabaga still ongoing?
In "Leviathan Wakes," when Orin asked if everyone approved of Mera being High King of Atlantis, it appears that Mera's father (Ryus Nereus) did not give an immediate response to this like the others did (because he had his hand on his chin; as if in deep thought); although he ultimately agreed in the end. What was going on in Ryus' mind before he agreed to Mera's status as High King?
when darkseid invaded earth and before darkseid offered a partnership did vandal(genghis kahn) consider using klarion against apokolips when it became very clear his army stood no chance
Hi, I was wondering - and maybe it was mentioned in the show and I just forgot - but what was Superman's public debut like, on Earth-16? I ask because the comics have told his origins several times, retconning it a bunch, etc, and I'm wondering if Earth-16 Clark's first public appearance mirrors one of these, or is something different entirely.
John Byrne's "Man of Steel" portrayed Clark's first debu as "the flying man" (without his suit), landing an airplane. Superman: The Animated Series seemed to take some inspiration from this, though he had the suit there.
The Donner films had the classic scene where he catches Lois Lane and the helicopter, and "Superman: Birthright" took heavy inspiration from that (though the context was different).
"Secret Origin" and "Man and Superman" had their own takes. As do a number of else world stories.
So on and so forth. (Most of these had Superman perform smaller, more anonymous acts of super heroics before these points, but it's hard to class that as "public")
I'm confused about something. In the beginning of the series, Superboy is a covert hero, a secret hero that even the public doesn't know about, but yet why did he go out as a public hero in Schooled when he is supposed to remain secret? Did he go just to try and meet Superman or why was going "on a walk"?
1 between klarion and child without the boost from the other chaos lords who's naturally stronger?
2 does klarion ever have any contact with the other chaos lords since he arrived on earth?
Mr. Greg have you receive any threats from people who are angry at you for breaking up Garfield and Perdita in season 4 and not have them get back together as a couple in comic book story targets?
is it possible for multiple chaos lords to be assigned to one planet?(not counting the child situation since she was sent to replace klarion)
Does Superboy view Icicle Jr. as a friend now or does Superboy still view Icicle Jr. as an enemy?
Was Harm sentenced to life in prison for his crimes?
Is Miss Martian and Ma'alefa'ak's sibling relationship broken beyond repair?
How does Lex Luthor feel about Superboy's marriage to Miss Martian and the fact she is know his daughter in law?
Hello, Mr. Weisman. I hope you're doing good today. I've been meaning to ask you a few questions regarding some of the works you've done. I hope you are able to answer to the best of your abilities, and if you can't, that's fine.
1) I know you wrote only one episode, but what information can you tell me about the cancelled Team Atlantis show? For example, what episode plots besides the Gargoyles crossover, Puck, Nessie and the Terracotta Warriors.
2) If The Spectacular Spider-Man did continue for three more seasons, what terms from specific fields of study in high school would the episodes and movies in between seasons have been called and why? Also, how many movies of The Spectacular Spider-Man were planned?
3) Should Young Justice continue after Young Justice: Targets, what loose-ends are going to be tied-up? Also, what plots do you intend to introduce that will lead up to the Team battling the Light in the final showdown?
That's all I wanted to ask. I wish you the best and keep on being an awesome writer!
How do Garth and Artemis feel about Conner and M'gann's reunion. For 6 months, M'gann knew their pain, she knew exactly what it felt like to lose your soulmate like how Garth lost Tula and Artemis lost Wally. But when Conner was returned and reunited with M'gann how do they feel? Happy or sad? Don't be afraid to dig deep and give us full exposure. Also it was never shown, but did these 3 characters bond a lot off-screen?
1)Are we ever going to see Child again?
2)If yes and you are willing to answer, Will she play a large or a small role?
In 2021, there was a comic book crossover event called "Endless Winter," which introduced a character known as Frost King (Edwald Olafsson). If a version of this character exists in the Earth-16 DC Universe, what is his exact relationship (if any) to Ice (Tora Olafsdotter)?
Why did beast boy choose to go back to earth with superman and not choose to stay with miss martian on mars to help her to find her white martian brother?
Will Jâemm Jâaxx and his love Sâyraa Sâmitt get married? Also what will happen to Sâyraa Sâmitt?
In Cold Case/Hot Case, the prosecutor in the Adams trial was Lt. Kevin Blankly. in the original version of the story in Captain Atom, the prosecutor was Major Alfred Gargan. Why was the character renamed?
I couldn't find any reference to the following characters outside YJ online. I was wondering if you could confirm whether they are original characters or based on existing comic characters, and if so who/where they are from if possible. (Yet again!)
1) R'ess E'dda
4) Are the Tribunes from Rimbor based on specific comic characters? Do they have names?
5) Is Karen the genomorph named for someone, like Beth, Benny and Erin? Brandon Vietti's wife perhaps?
I couldn't find any reference to the following characters outside YJ online. I was wondering if you could confirm whether they are original characters or based on existing comic characters, and if so who/where they are from if possible. (Again).
1) Elaine Jackson
2) Ali (from the Players comic arc)
3) Jaqqar Marlo
5) You've previously said Tseng Dangun's name came from the comics, but I can't find him. Any idea where he came from?
I couldn't find any reference to the following characters outside YJ online. I was wondering if you could confirm whether they are original characters or based on existing comic characters, and if so who/where they are from if possible.
1) Johann Mintz
2) Piotor Platz
3) Josephine Tarkov
4) I found a Wilhelm and a Peter both in Batman and the Outsiders #32. Is Wilhelm Peters named for them? Or someone else?
1. Dear Greg, when Megan left for mars, why didnât she ever come back for her little brother mcomm with her bioship so that she could live with him on earth, or why didnât mcomm parents send him to earth with Megan, they can communicate with each other, or why didnât Megan take mcomm with him when she back to mars in 2016, I never understood and itâs always been a huge plot hole to me, there were so many ways mcomm could have lived with Megan on earth, so why didnât mcomm in earth with Megan. Itâs not like mcomm wanted to live on mars.
I hope you're doing well. I'm a representative from Copy.AI and I'm contacting businesses, creators, and teams to introduce them to the most powerful AI-driven content platforms out there.
This AI-driven tool will greatly reduce the amount of time you spend and effort writing your content in a matter of seconds, that's right, SECONDS! Think of the time you'd have to focus on other vital tasks like networking, expanding your business, and enhancing growth.
Copy.AI is an easy-to-use and intuitive tool that helps you generate content quickly and accurately. Think of a topic and the AI will generate content with just a press of a button. It can also be used to write many different types of copy, such as emails, blog articles, video scripts, social media ads, product descriptions, website content, captions and so much more. Even write in over 25+ different languages.
It's designed with content writers in mind, so you can trust that it will provide you with top-notch content every time. Plus, the AI takes into account your target audience so that the content will be tailored to their needs. And guess what - The generated content is devoid of any plagiarism! How about that?
These features and benefits are just the tip of the iceberg; there are so many more things you can do with it that it will simply blow you away.
So if you're seeking a way to simplify and reduce the amount of time and energy invested without compromising on the quality of your content, give Copy.AI a spin.
Thanks for your time and I hope you find Copy.AI a useful companion for your content-writing needs.
P.S. This was created using Copy.AI. Find out for yourself, I'm confident you'll love it:
What was the reason you choose to have as part of the plot for young justice season 4 to have Garfield logan go down the path depression and drugs leading him to lose peridia thinking he kill superboy then show afterwards conner was still alive?
Katanna...Brooklyn's mate from the comics...whose voice would in your mind would sound like? For me I like to have it be the late great Thuy Trang who played Trini from MMPR!
Who sent the goggles to Perdita in 12 episode of nightmare monkeys?
Greg if you got a season 5 of young justice made did you Greg plan to have beast boy and Perdita get back together as a couple as part of the plot of season 5 of young justice?
When writing for Gargoyles for so long, but it still being set in the 90's, are there any times where you accidentally include or mention something like a piece of tech or reference that wouldn't have existed/happened yet during the writing process?
Mister Greg why do you think it possible you will get enough fans to support a season 5 of young justice to be made after you made so many fans upset with you by not have Garfield and Perdita become a couple again at the end of last issue of young justice comic story targets as many fans wanted to happen because the fans did not believe was far to Garfield Logan lose his dating relationship with Perdita as a couple over drug use and depression over Garfield believing he cause conner to die on mars only for it be shown that after the breakup at the Hub that conner is alive in the phantoms zone and later reunited with m'gann at the end of young justice season 4?
After the things that happen to beast boy in young justice season 4 Why does beast boy still trust black canary to council him when beast boy knew black canary knew beast boy was not going on outsiders missions because he was upset believing superboy was dead and black canary this knew before Perdita can to see beast boy at the outsiders base the hub but black canary did not go to the hub to council beast boy about beast boy being upset believing superboy was dead before Perdita arrive at the hub?
Hello dear Mr Greg Weisman,
I am Jacob Katana from Germany!
I didnt know how to contact you anywhere else, so I thought this is the only possibility that I can reach out to you. I don't know if am right here with my request, and I also hope that your supporter of this site will sort my request out of the other messages you get about fan theories and so on.
First of all thank you for sharing your art with the whole world and especially for me as a teenager .you made my .. ,I think it was on Saturday something between 5-8 p.m where I could watch it on television here in Germany, evening very special as a kid! The stuff the made in the early days was on another level. But iam not here because of the gargoyles. I'm here because your magic the gathering books! I didnt know they even existed till know and since I played magic the gathering when I was a kid I had to buy those. They are still on my way!
But as coincidences as it always happen I saw you haven't released a German audiobook version! And I'm actually a Voice Over Artist for commercials, trailer, explanatory videos and especially audiobooks. I like to narrate stories especially in the sci-fi fantasy thriller genre.
You are missing out on the opportunity for very good sales here!
The audio book market is becoming more and more important and it grows constantly. I haven't had a look on the book since Its on the way to me. But my own ambitions to be the speaker for my favorite-game- themed book tells me that I need to do this. And I have no doubt that it will be good! I see a big potential here! I'm sure you could benefit from an audio book version and get a lot more revenue out of it here in Germany.
I could do that for you! I would offer the audio book production for you free of charge as part of a so-called "royalty share".
This means for you: 0 efforts and 0 costs.
I do this as follows:
I'll produce the audiobook, put it out on Audible and take the risk if it doesn't sell. However, if it sells, we split the income 50/50 - that's the principle of royalty share.
As I said, you don't have any expenses or costs in advance and would earn more directly through this - you will open yourself for the audiobook market and will be presented there and appear as an author here in Germany . That would also significantly increase your awareness and popularity.
Does this maybe sounds interesting to you?
You can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
I don't know if these reaches you, and don't end in a discussion forum.
Can't hardly wait to here from you.
Best wishes out of the cold and frozen Germany!
When outsiders are about leave the hub to go rescue queen Perdita Superboy can hear Garfield listen to peridia's messages on his phone, so Superboy knows Garfield fells sadness over the loss of his relationship with Perdita so why does Superboy and Miss Matian did not try convincing Perdita to
give Garfield second Chane of a relationship as a couple by telling Perdita had his mental health problems on mars before Garfield return to earth when they are all on the bioship after Perdita is rescue?
As part of the story of young justice why did you have beast boy and peridia breakup if you believe they were the right one for each other?
Is the person who sent the google device to Perdita's hotel room in young justice Outsiders episode 12 nightmare monkeys the person that Perdita is in a relationship with by the time of young justice comic targets time period?
After the events of season 4 of young justice and before young justice targes comic events why didn't superboy fell guilt over learning Garfield and Perdita breakup over Garfield blaming himself over believing himself (Garfield) cause superboy to die on mars but if superboy did fill guilt over it why didn't superboy tell Perdita that Garfield had his meatal health problems on mars before Garfield took drugs on earth as a way to try to get Perdita and Garfield back together as a couple?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. What does Katana do for a living and does she own and wear a baseball cap from time to time when not in costume? 2 . Was Erika Ishii the first actress you hide in mind for both Mary Bromfield and child or did things just work out that way?
Will Gargoyles SLG Comics be reprinted in Trade Paperback Collection by Dynamite Comics? Will Gargoyles dynamite comics be released in Trade Paperback COllection?
Why did no outsider team member not ask Garfield why he was not going missions with them and not ask Garfield what was wrong with him after Garfield return to earth from mars before Perdita came to the Hub?
Why did you have young justice comic targets made if you had not intended for garfield and perdita become a couple again after you have them breakup in young justice phanothoms?
I love your show, but I felt a bit betrayed when all the other canon romances got to be a major thing except Chalant. Chalant was the most popular relationship on the show and season 4 gave us exactly what we wanted. Dick and Zatanna flirting and being together again. I hope if you get more content, that you circle back to Chalant! You had a great thing with her being a magic performer and Dick being an acrobatic performer. Please donât get rid of it!
What happened to the metorite that made vandal savage a metahuman? Did any other human encounter it?
No question - just props! i just finished viewing Young Justice: Phantoms, and it was so good I binge watched the entire run, and then rewatched a second time. I'm in my mid 50's here (so have seen and experienced quite a lot in my life to date) and have to say that the depth of each storyline, the character work, action and execution were pitch perfect.
keep doing what you're doing sir!! I look forward to the next run (and hope for a quick release on this seasons blu ray)
Any chance the 2006 run will be on Kindle? I had to hunt mine down on ebay. Definitely a cult classic, the series is marvelous. Show, loved it. Comic, I don't like it ...I love it. Good to see them "live again!"
If "Young Justice" gets a season 5, I suspect that we might not be able see the Earth-16 version of Jonah Hex. However, do you think that his descendants Stella Hex (great-granddaughter), Virginia "Jinny" Hex (great-great-granddaughter), and Chastity Hex (even though her exact relations to Stella and Jinny is currently unknown in the comics) could somehow make possible appearances in a future season?
#1. Why does the Earth-16 version of Mercy Graves never say a word on the show? I mean, the only sounds she's ever made thus far is whenever she gets hurt/injured in some way...
#2. When exactly did Mercy Graves receive her cybernetic enhancement for her right arm? Also, was this cybernetic enhancement something that she went through willingly (which I assume is her own way of showing how deep her loyalty is to Lex Luthor) or not?
#3. What is the last name of the Earth-16 version of Otis?
1. Just wanted to start off by saying Young Justice's worldbuilding is just amazing, and it's one of my favorite versions of the DC Universe. Was there ever any talk of making some kind of Earth-16 guide or encyclopedia to include info about the world that the show itself couldn't cover?
2. Young Justice has this really cool balance between realism and comic booky stuff. How did you and the rest of the staff decide what aspects would be more grounded and what aspects wouldn't? Like, who wears tights and who wears armor, what technology gets explained etc.
3. Love your work and thanks for everything :)
Hi Greg I am a big fan of your work on young justice and spectacular Spider-Man. One of my favourite things that you did on spectacular was introducing some lesser-known villains, such as Colonel, Jupiter and molten man. One of those two villains Molten man was my favourite as a lot of spidey media doesnât do him justice. If a third season had happened would we have seen more episodes of molten man?
Hi Greg. Just curious as to Goblins intentions in Spec Spidey, season 1 ep 8. Why exactly did Goblin sabotage Otto? did he want him dead or replaced? Or did he in some twisted way want to make him stronger willed?
1) Was making Artemis teach a lecture instead of a seminar a considered decision or just a style choice?
2) Is it just the comic world, but if Artemis is 25ish is she currently a professor or a TA?
Asking the question with the obvious answer for wiki editing and clarification purposes: Are Tony and âToniâ twins?
In season 5 of young justice Did you plan to show who sent Perdita the goggles in season 3 episode nightmare monkeys if a season 5 of young justice is ever made?
So if I understood correctly you're supporting this kind of people : https://twitter.com/ClownWorld_/status/1615056992049172480 ?
If you're OK with that behavior and eager to encourage it, I guess you're as crazy as these people.
Do you want to be responsible of the mental destruction this generation is already suffering ?
Can't you see the madness in wokeness ?
Hello Greg. Big fan of yours
1. If Martian camouflage has nothing to do with light why their shadow vanishes every time they camouflage, shouldn't they still cast a shadow as the light still hits them?
2. With practice could a Martian develop its telekinetic abilities so they could project telekinetic blasts to hit and knock back(or out) and puch away their enemies, as well as telekinetic shields/barriers in order to deflect and protect themselves and other from attacks such as bullets,lasers, etc kinda like the force style
3. I've always thought that Martians camouflage works on the same basis as the comics with a few changes you know "by using their shapshifting abilities to change their biopolymers to reduce their capacity to reflect light they become NEARLY invisible "
Thanks for your time.
Do the scenes in Young Justice Season 4 that involve Ma'alefa'ak/M'comm M'orzz teaches a Moral/Hard Truth Aesop which is the fact that some people/beings won't change no matter how much you try, and sometimes you only see good in people (or non-human beings) because that's what you want to see. Fortunately, Arsenal/Roy Harper was never truly one of the people who are beyond redemption and still had some good in him, unlike M'comm.
I've been rewatching season 3 of Young Justice and had some questions about the meta-gene.
1. Do you have any idea how much of the powers the meta-gene gives are determined by genetics? When Vandal's story is told, many of his children have different powers, so it doesn't appear very genetic. However, everyone with the meta-gene in Brion Markov's family has similar powers from the meta-gene.
2. If the powers from the meta-gene are largely genetic, does that mean that there are different mutated versions of it?
Hello Greg !
Coming here to talk about some subject. I just came back from twitter where you said :''Woke isn't a dirty word to me. I WANT to be more woke. What's the alternative - being asleep? Not seeing people for who they are, but deciding for them instead?''.
I thought maybe I could bring my vision (my YJ fan vision) to your thinking.
I don't even know where to start...First of all, how can you not see the orwellian language behind the word WOKE ? I mean, if a politician calls a repressive law "the liberty law" it doesn't mean that by fighting it you're against liberty, right ? It's-just-a-name ! Who's calling that like that ? Who's saying that this represents tolerance and progress ? I mean, seriously : who is ? The words tolerance and progress were existing already, so why using a new name ? Huh ? It's like creating two political parties, calling them left and right, and saying those two are the only alternatives. Because except left and right there is nothing else, right ? Well, maybe center. But you can see the trick here, don't you ? I'm sad you're falling into this.
Now, when you say elsewhere there are more than 2 genders... Scientifically, there are 2 sexes: male and female. Those are ruled by the sex chromosomes, which are XX in females and XY in males. There can be some special cases that we call "intersex" due to sex chromosomes malfunction. But this represents like 0,1% of the cases. Now what the woke people tell us, is that a man who thinks he's a woman IS actually a woman. This is crazy. They're thinking the psychological factor takes over the genetic factor. This is crazy, wrong and dangerous. A man thinking is a woman is still a man... thinking he's a woman. A man thinking is a dolphin must be considered as a dolphin ? Come on ! This is a psychological issue, who must be dealt with psychiatry and not surgery.
Btw, are you in favor of surgery ? Of mutilating children at a vulnerable age ? Taking advantage of a temporary psychological weakness to do irreversible damage to a child ?
You should read Abigail Shrier's Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters. She tells the story of teenage girls taking hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment surgery because they "feel" like men. The parents can't do anything under the threat of being called trans-phobic or fascist. Most psychologists are supporting this. How can somebody even tolerate that we use irreversible drugs and medicines on teenagers ?
THIS IDEOLOGY IS ACTUALLY DESTROYING LIVES !!! We stopped counting the number of witnesses saying "they encouraged me to destroy my body, cut off my breast (for instance) and now, I realize I was sick and I don't want to change sex anymore but it's too late, my life is ruined and the woke community (of course) rejected me now, calling me a trans-phobic".
Because this is only a temporary state. The few parents who saved their children from this atrocity did it by cutting all contact with people, social media and so on. After a few months, the child isn't talking even about changing sex anymore.
Please, realize the danger of this. If you wanna be tolerant, great. But woke is something else. Something dangerous. It's important to see it.
I'm not seeking to make you think like me, but only to consider it. I think you're doing something very wrong with YJ, especially when addressing to a young audience.
Have a good day still !
The whole thing with the "Young Justice Character Countback" that you've been doing in the "Latest Responses" section confuses me. Are all the names that you've been identifying basically confirm that they all exist in the Earth-16 DC Universe?
Which of the MCU Spider-man films are your favorite?
On Earth-16 of YJ is Orphanâs Legal Guardian Bruce Wayne?
Why didn't Zatanna attend Kent Nelson's funeral since he was a close family friend?
If "Young Justice" gets a fifth season, will the consequences of Zatanna's actions (especially with Mary having now become a villain without any of the heroes knowing about it) be one of the major plot points of that season's overall storyline?
If the Earth-16 version of Power Girl (Tanya Spears) ever gets introduced in "Young Justice," would she join the Team or the Outsiders?
In the timeline of the Gargoyles universe, did the events of 9/11 happened? If so, how did that tragic event affected both gargoyles and humans in the years that followed?
Some fanfiction stories talk about PIT or P.I.T.. Apparently, this is an organization that helps Gargoyles or helps Gargoyles and humans to understand each other. It may be that in the German episodes this charity was never introduced. Could someone tell me what P.I.T means - what does this abbreviation stand for? Is there a site where I can read about it? I can't find anything about it in the Gargoyle wiki either. Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble, Quinn Taxon
In some kind of parallel universe where you got the chance to work on a massive crossover featuring the characters from a large portion of the shows you've worked on (Gargoyles, W.I.T.C.H and Spectacular Spider-Man in particular because i unfortunatelyhaven'twatched Young Justice and those shows are my hyperfixations, deal with it), how would they all react and interact with one another?
You can just do interactions between main characters, I just want to see how this kind of scenario would play out.
After Garfield Logan started living with Rita Farr in 2011 did Garfield attend a school in 2011 in young justice universe?
Why has Garfield Logan no been told that martians age three times slower than humans by the time of young justice season 3 and if Garfield does know that martians age 3 times slower than humans by the time of season 3 why does Garfield still view miss martian as his sister knowing miss martian was born before his mom Marie logan was born?
TRUE or FALSE?
#1. Big Barda is just a title; with Barda being her real name.
#2. Mister Miracle (Scott Free) is the biological son of Highfather and Highmother, and the foster son of Darkseid.
1 did ultra humanite mentor anyone else before/after helga?
2 when ultra humanite was still helga's mentor was this after he transplanted his brain in tolifar's body or was he still using the unknown woman's
With all respect to you Mr. Greg why do you Greg think you will get plenty of fans to support for season 5 of young justice to made after you didn't have Garfield and Perdita get back together as a couple at end of young justice comic story targets as many fans wanted to happen because many fans did not believe it was far for Garfield loose Perdita over GARFIED'S depression over Garfield believing he cause Superboy to die on mars to only have Conner and Miss Martian get back together and married at the end of young justice phantoms and not have Garfield and Perdita get back together as a couple at the end of young justice comic story targets?
When rewatching Gargoyles I know wonder about Goliath's choice to go into the suspended animation. Why would he go into suspended animation knowing the eggs would hatch soon? Was it did he think that he couldn't protect them or provide them with a suitable home and raise them all by himself?
In the audio podcast for âCity of Stone Part Four,â you mention that the Dynamite Gargoyles comics are written to a three-act structure, like a traditional network TV episode (or at least, the first three issues are). I recall you saying that you started writing the SLG comics more in a âTV episodeâ mindset, but the Stone of Destiny storyline helped you break out of this. Although you did still then use a three-âactâ structure in both that storyline and the âTimedancerâ one, and have apparently adopted that to the Dynamite comics as well. Iâm just curious as to your process, as a fellow writer: do you find the three-act structure most conducive to telling stories in the Gargoyles universe, and is that why you continue to use it?
Hey Greg really enjoy your work on Gargoyles and even the latest comic it's great. This may be spoiler so I apologize if it is, but with Brooklyn and the Iago gargoyle there was some parallels to them, but now Brooklyn found his true love and even built a family while Iago stays alone and now a machine. At the end of possession episode Brooklyn said he'll be waiting when ColdSteel(Iago) returns. Will we ever see the two fight?
I have a question regarding Lexington (Nothing against the choice you made for his love life in the comics) but if thereâs any other comic stories you write about him I hope you can eventually have him meet a female who has wings just like his and falls in love with him for his smarts. But perhaps Lex is turned off at her at first because he still struggles to trust anybody.
If this does happen then there could even be a spin off of the female mates of the Trio having their own adventure comic series with Elisa. That would be cool to read. But it is your comics. I.m not a judgy type. But I hope you consider this for another comic series with this idea for the future. I am a huge fan of the whole series overall. Brooklyn being my favorite.
In the "Black Adam" 12-issue limited series, Black Adam's full name is Theo Ramses Djoser Teth-Adam; he addresses himself as such in the first issue. Is this also true in the Earth-16 universe as well?
Why exactly did Jefferson Pierce and Lynn Stewart get divorced in the Earth-16 universe; assuming the reasons are different from what is depicted the comics?
After Lex Luthor became United Nations Secretary-General, Lena was officially placed in charge of LexCorp. At the end of "Young Justice: Targets," Lex is shown to be back at Lexcorp. As such, what happened to Lena Luthor since the end of Season 3?
To Greg Wiseman,
1. Is Samson a descendant of Goliath and look like him in Gargoyles 2198?
2. What is the deal between Dynamite and Disney with Gargoyle?
3. Who is stronger: the enchanced Archmage or Oberon and who would win in a fight between them and who is stronger between Oberon mother stronger and Enchanced Archmage and who would win if they fought?
4. Did Coyote have battle armor on or not when he first appeared?
How did Jason Todd die? in the young justice cannon.
hello! i had quick little question about young justice. i noticed that in young justice, almost all of the gay and trans characters in the show are aliens or otherwise not human. please donât get me wrong i absolutely love all the rep, but it feels a little weird that the only trans character is a human alien hybrid and all but one gay character is an atlantean.
Greg did you plan to have Garfield and Perdita got back to together as a couple at some point in time in season 5 if season 5 of young justice was ever made?
(sent my last ask off before i finished, apologies) Why does that other guard, the one who says "captain of the gargoyles you mean" look so much like the captain?
A guard looks like the captain of the guard back in 994, He's one of the guards who says the line about "Captain of the gargoyles you mean"
Have Tim and Bart ever clarified that theyâre not the same Robin and Kid Flash to the public?
After Tomar-Re was killed by Lor-Zod, was his soul sent to the Emerald Space; the resting place of all Green Lanterns who died in service to the Green Lantern Corps?
In the epilogue of "Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths" issue #7, the mainstream DC Universe (Earth-0) appears to now have it own version of "The Light," and it is called "The Council of Light." This version of the group appears to be a mysterious alliance of seven unknown power brokers, and their goal is apparently to wipe out ALL metahumans (both good and bad) on Earth because they believe that metahumans are too dangerous to be controlled or imprisoned. Therefore, they are giving Amanda Waller permission to use every resource available to full eradicate all metahumans on Earth. In light of the revelation of "The Council of Light," my question to you is this: Were you ever consulted by DC Comics about this? I mean, did they needed permission from you to be able to introduce their own version of "The Light" into the mainstream DC Universe; since the group originated from the "Young Justice" animated series first?
Sorry if you've had this question before: -
I've noticed that Disney seems to be remaking a lot of shows lately, and it made me wonder... If Disney was to hire you to do a remake of gargoyles set in modern times; what would you do different in it?
The one thing that stands out to me is the City of Stone saga. I enjoyed those eps a lot, but I imagine you would have to change a few things if it happened today. For one thing, not a lot of people watch live TV, so Demona would have to figure out another way to broadcast her spell to the people (maybe internet). Plus I imagine everyone would know what happened to them at night, since there are plenty of CTV cameras, cellphones to catch images, as well as satellite cameras etc.
Since GARGOYLES came back, nobody has yet posted a ramble to Ask Greg as far as I can see and I'm not even sure if you're still looking for them - particularly with the queue so long. But hopefully it is, at least, nice to vicariously share someone discovering GARGOYLES #1. (And if not, since we could be years and many rambles hence by the time you get to this one... oops).
So here, adapted from my S8 first impressions, is my ramble...
Amazon have annoyed me since they took over ComiXology but I can't fault them here. Getting to my local comic shop before they close at 5.30 is tight on a Wednesday but Amazon delivering the book to my account so early is absolutely perfect for me. I can take a moment in the peace to read before the chaos of the day begins. It just makes for such a pleasant experience.
I also find e-comics my favourite way to read. I can zoom in, the backlit screen makes everything look good but George Kambadais' amazing art particularly benefits.
What caught my attention on the preview images was the "all-ages" label. I see it's been adjusted to "teen".
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I thought what the SLG series did with the little extra leeway was great, especially in the historical scenes.
That said, I was thinking if it was pushing to stay all-ages I might bring some issues into school for my class. I'm glad the rating has been clarified.
(Since writing this, I listened to VOICES FROM THE EYRIE #27 and it sounds like this book won't quite be as edgy as the SLG books so we'll see).
Great stone aesthetic although I miss the punctuation. I guess new-fangled concepts like punctuation doesn't fit the old-school carved-in-stone look.
I've never heard the term "packager" before in comics and I'm grateful to Craig in the Comment Room for filling me in. Nate, from what I can tell, is doing an absolutely bang-up job of promoting the book.
I'm really in love with George Kambadais' colours. He does brightness so well. The lens flare is a difficult line to tread - one wrong move and he's JJ Abrams. But he manages it. Dark Age Scotland is given a genuinely fresh perspective with that bright sun on the sea and New York looks glorious. And he is master of the speed line.
The gargoyles all look themselves and yet also there's a real flair to the style. He's just such a great choice to make the book feel completely different and yet still quality.
(Which doesn't mean I still don't want to see the legends Christopher Jones, Karine Charlebois and Greg Guler back in the fold when the opportunity presents. Let's hope those spin-offs awaken as well...)
Of course it's a full moon. But since this is Gargoyles, it's also probably a trail of breadcrumbs to the actual date - or would be if we could pinpoint how far along Maggie was in "Clan-Building". Based on the moon calendar, my guesses were 20 April or 22 May.
Although I'm really curious to see those initial conversations with Brooklyn immediately post-dance and I kind of hope that one day we revisit that day, I do like that we've had a modest time jump. Small enough that it doesn't feel like we're catching up with radically different people which sometimes I feel can be the risk of a time jump - that you're arbitrarily distanced from the characters and have to rediscover them. But large enough that it feels like a great jump-on point.
DETECTIVE'S PERSONAL LOG
I absolutely love the choice to use Elisa as the POV character. Not only is it brilliant hearing the classic narration in Salli Richardson's voice (okay, only in my head, but still), but it feels fresh and yet also like such low-hanging fruit as the human lead is usually the access point to these kinds of shows - April discovering the turtles or the companion discovering the Doctor. In retrospect, 'Gargoyles' really stood apart in this sense -- it was always the story of the gargoyles and Elisa was, initially at least, just another threat to them. That worked brilliantly for the animated series but it makes this flip feel fresh and yet accessible in the best way.
Another VOICES revelation is that there will be different narrators for the next quite-a-few issues. Will be interesting.
Okay, a confession. I LOVE the original show's way of presenting titles. There's something about the font, the colour (including the "Hunter's Moon" variants), the use of capitals and inverted commas that's kind of ingrained in me - I just think the show had the best-looking titles in town. But I appreciate there's no sensible reason to resurrect them and frankly this feels much more fresh and modern and, as titles should be, low key. Also, some of the "Clan-Building" titles had an odd distortion where it looks like the aspect ratio had gone skew-whiff. This looks crisp and great.
There's no secret about Greg's penchant for one-word titles (in which I'm including where the only other word is "the").
At a very (very) quick tot counting chapter titles and books:
Season 1 was 40% one-worders
Season 2 was 64% one-worders
Season 3 85% one-worders
In Season 4, so far: 0% one-worders. What's happened to Greg?! (I love "Here in Manhattan" as a title mind you).
LETTER OF THE LORE
Shout out to Jeff Eckleberry. Lettering is thankless if you do it right and disastrous if it goes wrong. There were a couple of times on the SLG book where it stood out for the wrong reasons (at least in my printings). This issue is perfect -- even though there are a few tricky things to pull off like the Eyrie building panel with two different narrators. And I'm not sure outline-less captions always work for me as a general rule but it suits the art in this issue really well. Superb job.
If it's been months I kinda feel bad for Gnash if people are misnaming him. Perhaps his parents prefer Nashville (sentimental reasons?). You'd think Lex would have learned after the Angie thing and a few months is plenty of time for him to get used to a new name. Neither of them look happy at being left by Broadway and Brooklyn.
Lots of subtle revelations here. Gnash has seemingly spent a fair bit of time recently in the UK - or around people who use that slang. Or perhaps just around people who like the sixth 'Harry Potter'. And we have confirmation (I'm not sure it was in "Clan-Building" that Katana is from feudal Japan). I love the "don't ask".
It's interesting that Elisa considers them sisters since she is effectively Angela's step-mother. And to be honest, even on the World Tour, I kind of looked at them more of a family unit. Of course, Elisa's a relatively young woman so she's not going to think of herself as a mother figure to an adult conceived a thousand years plus years ago. But I wonder if Angela would see it the same way.
Owen is just kinda standing there. It's great to see him but he's literally just holding an empty plate and staring. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious...? (It's later been clarified by more eagle-eyed Phoenician in the S8 CR).
Great to see Glasses and Jack Dane. Good thing I rewatched "Turf" recently for the first time in years as I forgot Jack Dane had partnered with Brod.
"We made them share a cell because we thought it'd be funny" - does Elisa have any control over prisoner placement?
YOU WERE ONLY MEANT TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF
Apparently the book was too exciting because the middle pages of the comic fell out of their staples as soon as I got there. A bit disappointing - I've never had that happen with a new comic before and if it were my first read-through I'd be a bit more taken out of it.
Since then, someone else in the room has reported an issue with the Nakayama copy and the stapling. However, I bought a second Nakayama copy and the inside pages are fine, and the other copies I have are fine too.
The covers are incredible. In any other situation, I'd feel this kind of thing is a bit of a rip-off but in the case of 'Gargoyles' where the breadth of fan interest has, historically, not always been there but the depth certainly has, giving fans a value reason to buy multiple copies just makes sense. I'm not able to support (or frankly, even locate) all of these but my favourite is George Kambadais'. I do like it when there's cohesion between the cover art and the interiors but also it's just a great image. However, the Nakayama and Fleeks variants are runners-up.
I wasn't sure how Coldstone and Coldfire would go down as we've really seen very little of them as characters outside their Othello/Desdemona/Iago plotline. I like how Coldstone is willing to advocate the "wrong" (or at least the selfish) choice. And Coldfire is more sympathetic but as far as I can tell is responsible for the fire and thus potentially the civilian casualty (who we've since realised is our beloved Jogger - and Todd ID'd the paramedics as from "Deadly Force" which is the deepest of deep cuts. Anyway, it makes me concerned whether or not the Coldduo are really cut out for the kind of work the gargoyles do. Hmm.
I think Coldstone will be proved right though: there is a problem if the gargoyles are only seen by the "bad guys" and don't have any wider representation. I wonder where this will go and I feel like this could have a bigger resonance across the "Here in Manhattan" arc.
BACK TO THE BACKSTORY
I love the way the recap narration here keeps us in the action. This was one of the things that jangled me a bit with previous recaps in Clan-Building #1, #3 and back in the original show in episodes like "Outfoxed" and "The Cage". In "Nightwatch" especially it felt like Goliath telling Elisa something she already knew so the audience could listen in. This feels so much more elegant.
Plus, it's just never as exciting seeing something the second time around. There's no need here to see a Sevarius flashback for the purposes of this issue so we get to see Brendan and Margot instead because... well, of course we do! (Seriously, I got so distracted by the pair of them I missed that this sequence was about the drain at first).
And more cameos - love seeing Erin, Benny and Thug in colour! And always great to see Shari back. (It must be a little weird for the real Erin and Benny that their 'mutate selves' are still, give or take, the same age as they were when they first 'debuted').
QUIET PLEASE FOR THE MAIN EVENT
One of the clever by-products of Elisa narrating the story is that the tone shifts when it goes "quiet" and we're not in her head. Thailog doesn't need an introduction or a name - he's totally the bad guy. And yet the re-use of the close-up mouth angle just emphasises he's a clone.
Thailog's final lines are pretty chilling but I wonder if there's something else happening. I just can't imagine Thailog taking to the languid pace of raising a child. Surely the accelerated pace of clone ageing is more his speed? Yes, a child born to mutates is significant, but he has the mutates' designer almost literally on his right hand. Is it just the link to Elisa that makes him want this specific child? Or is this a distraction? What a bastard.
No mega cliffhanger for this one - not on the final page anyway. That's fine. I really love how this is kind of a chill issue, just surveying the lay of the land.
I admit, I never expected this one to be 24 pages, even though the SLG books were. 22 or even 20 seems to have been such a standard for a long time (admittedly I don't currently read any other comics regularly). I am, of course, delighted.
All told -- I love it. Yes, it's very heavy on introductions but it never feels clogged with it. Everything moves along at a nice pace, we get to see where the clan and key allies are at this point in their lives. Everything feels fresh and modern and accessible. The art is amazing. The dialogue is great.
It pulls off the incredible feat of both feeling like the original series while also feeling like a modern regeneration of it. Just stunning.
Thank you to everyone involved, congratulations Greg and fingers crossed that this is the start of a truly epic reawakening.
In the comics, the six most notable human members of the Green Lantern Corps, in order, are as follows:
Harold "Hal" Jordan
John Marshall Stewart
Guy Darrin Gardner
Jessica Viviana Cruz
As such, given that it has been indicated that there are FOUR Green Lantern in the Justice League as of Season 4 of Young Justice, this would mean that Kyle Rayner DEFINITELY has to be the FOURTH Green Lantern whom Aquaman (Orin) had indirectly mentioned, correct? If so, then when exactly did he join the Justice League and what is his designation number?
Questions in relation to the Earth-16 version of Ice:
1. In regards to Ice's real name (Tora Olasfsdotter), why is her last name spelled out as Olafsdotter, and NOT as Olafsdottir; considering it seems like it is apparently based on Icelandic naming tradition?
2. Since Ice's last name clearly indicates that Olaf is the name of her father, has Olaf ever also gone by the name Marius; like in the comics? Also, is he currently deceased; like in the comics, and if so, how old was he when he died?
3. Is Ice's mother's name Elsa? Also, assuming she is still alive; like in the comics, how old is she as of the end of Season 4?
4. Is Ice's sister's full name Nikolina Olafsdotter OR Nikolina Olafsdottir? Also, is she is Ice's older sister or younger sister? Finally, assuming she is still alive; like in the comics, how old is she as of the end of Season 4?
5. Is Ice's citizenship identified as Norwegian?
6. Was Ice's as-of-yet-unnamed paternal grandfather an evil person; just like how he was depicted in the comics? Also, is he currently deceased; like in the comics, and if so, how old was he when he died?
7. Was Ice and her sister born into a Norwegian Romani clan; like in the comics?
how did the light react when they heard of the anti light
Hi Greg, love your work!
The trailer for Across The Spider-Verse dropped and it looks like it's got every version of Spidey in it. Well... almost.
You know how Andrew Garfield said he wasn't the werewolf? I'm wondering if your version is the werewolf this time... and I'm obviously talking about the werewolf we saw in the trailer, duh!
I know this isn't what AskGreg is for but I didn't know any other way to contact you.
My name's Rachel Bierman. Big fan of your work! I'm a college student who wishes to get into the publishing industry after graduation next year and part of my efforts to make connections and put my name out there is to create a book blog where I review books and interview authors.
I would love to interview you if you're able to. To make it easy I can just email you the questions and you can type out your replies when you have time in your schedule. It would cover your comics, and your Rain of Ghosts series and future endevours.
If yes, you can email me at email@example.com. If you no, you can still email me the rejection. I'd love to hear back from you if you have time but I understand if you don't.
You can see what the inteverview would be like here: https://rachelreadsreviews434255182.wordpress.com/category/interview/
And my post on your works here: https://rachelreadsreviews434255182.wordpress.com/2022/11/27/author-highlight-greg-weisman/
Have a good day,
#1. What is the gargoyle tradition in regards with dealing with the death of one of their own; in comparison to various human traditions?
#2. Is the gargoyle version of "death by natural causes" like a permanent form of stone sleep; in which very old gargoyles who have reached the natural end of their lives one day turn to stone when the sun rises, but don't wake up when the sun sets? If not, then what actually happens?
#3. Do gargoyles establish parent-child and other familial relationships among generations of their own kind in the modern era; all the way up to the year 2198?
#4. Did Brooklyn became the permanent leader of the Manhattan Clan AFTER Goliath's death (which happens at some point between 2004 and 2198)? If so, how long did Brooklyn held this position before it eventually was passed on to his own successor?
#5. Between 2004 and 2198, was there ever a civil war amongst the gargoyle clans; between those who sided with the humans and those who hated the humans?
#6. Between 2004 and 2198, did Elisa Maza died of natural causes, or did she died in the line of duty, or did she died of a broken heart (assuming Goliath's death was the cause of it)?
1. Do the following individuals from the comics also exist in the Earth-16 universe?
Samuel "Sam" Kent - Father of Jonathan Kent, father-in-law of Martha Kent, adoptive paternal grandfather of Clark Kent.
Harry Kent - Brother of Jonathan Kent, brother-in-law of Martha Kent, and adoptive paternal uncle of Clark Kent.
Sarah "Sal" Kent - Wife of Harry Kent, sister-in-law of Jonathan and Martha Kent, and adoptive paternal aunt of Clark Kent.
Bert Clark - Brother of Martha Kent, brother-in-law of Jonathan Kent, and adoptive maternal uncle of Clark Kent.
Daniel "Dan" Fordman - First husband of Martha Kent; he passed away due to lung cancer.
Eliza Fordman - Sister of Daniel "Dan" Fordman, and former sister-in-law of Martha Kent.
2. Are the following biological relationships correct in relation to Kal-El/Clark Kent in the Earth-16 universe?
Don-El - Biological paternal great-great-grandfather
Ter-El - Biological paternal great-grandfather
Seyg-El - Biological paternal grandfather
Lor-Van - Biological maternal grandfather
In-Ze - Biological paternal great-uncle
Zor-El - Biological paternal uncle
Alura El - Biological paternal aunt
Kara Zor-El - Biological paternal cousin
In case you are confused as to why I put "adoptive paternal/maternal" and "biological paternal/maternal," I am trying to make sure it makes sense from Clark's point-of-view in regards to his biological and adoptive families.
1. In the Earth-16 universe, are the following relationships below correct in regards to the family of Soranik Natu?
Thaal Sinestro (biological father)
Arin Sur (biological mother)
Abin Sur (biological maternal uncle)
Amon Sur (biological maternal cousin)
Dgibb Natu (adoptive father)
Karoll Natu (adoptive mother)
2. Is Soranik Natu's birth name Soranik Sinestro?
3. As of the time of her first appearance, how old is Soranik Natu?
4. Since Soranik's father is from Korugar, and her mother is from Ungar, this makes Soranik a Korugaran/Ungaran hybrid, correct?
5. When exactly did Soranik Natu join the Green Lantern Corps?
6. At the point of time of her appearance during the credits scene of "Rescue and Search," does Soranik know who her biological parents are; even though she is adopted? is she also aware who her maternal biological uncle and cousin are?
I just want to let you know that the comic book "Dark Crisis: Big Bang" has an updated list of worlds in the DC Multiverse. Sadly, "Young Justice" is NOT on the list.
So your correction to the YJ count back makes my previous question moot, and makes me look a little tin-foil hat, if I'm being honest. So here's another: are Justin King VI and Philip Wilcox original to Earth-16?
You said #KeepBingingYJ on HBO Max/TELETOON/Adult Swim CANADA/StackTV/Prime Video CANADA was the best way to #SaveEarth16, #RenewYoungJustice and increase chances of Young Justice Season 5 happening! What about DVD sales, VOD sales, Young Justice: Targets comic book sales or Change.org petition signatures?
Hi, Greg! I remain fascinated by the Young Justice character count back, but today's entry threw me for a loop. Who is James King VI? I found a character with two appearances named James "Jimmy" King on the DC wiki, but nothing for James King or Jimmy King on the YJ wiki. Would you be willing to at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Do you think that Disney WITCH will ever get a season 3? Many people are requesting a Disney WITCH Season 3 and their are even petitions for it.
TRUE or FALSE?: the Earth-16 version of Darkseid's family
1. The order of Darkseid's three sons, from oldest to youngest, is Kalibak, Orion, and Grayven.
2. As all three of Darkseid's sons each have a different mother, they are considered to be paternal half-brothers to each other.
3. The name of Kalibak's mother is Suli.
4. The name of Orion's biological mother is Tigra.
5. Grayven's as-of-yet-unnamed mother hails from an as-of-yet-unnamed world that was conquered by Darkseid.
6. The mothers of Darkseid's three sons are currently deceased in the Earth-16 universe.
If Tye Longshadow was Jaime Reyes' best friend in the Earth-16 universe, then what about the Earth-16 versions of Brenda Del Vecchio and Paco Testas; who were Jaime Reyes' best friends in the comics?
Questions about the family members of Earth-16's Jaime Reyes:
1. Is his father's name Alberto Reyes?
2. Is his mother's name Bianca Leal Reyes; with Leal being her maiden name?
3. Is his younger sister's name Milagro Reyes?
4. Are his paternal grandparents' names Alejandro Reyes (grandfather) and Conchi Reyes (grandmother)?
5. Is his maternal grandmother's name Elena Leal?
Hi Greg, how are you? i wanted to ask some questions here
1. In your Spider-Man show would you consider Peter a handsome guy as Romita Peter or just a kinda cute guy like ditko's?i ask this because i find curious that pete attracts a lot of young females in your show(like in the comics too) and although he has a lot of qualities besides his physical appearance, i was wondering how much of his outer appearance is noticeable to the likes of Liz or Gwen. i.e if he is a handsome guy.
2. Do you think Spidey being short and skinny its the better way to go with a spider-man built?(like in your show) or do you prefer him being taller or maybe buff like the Romita era.
3. What is your favorite live action version of Spider-Man from the movies?
Can we see all the Disney WITCH season 3 own transcripts? And if you did Disney WITCH Season 3 how would you do it? And can you reaves all that you know about Disney WITCH season 3?
Hello! I am curious if you were ever able to get the chance to make season 3 of The Spectacular Spider-man, would you still go through with the plans you have revealed so far (scorpion and hobgoblin) and basically the rest of the plans you had before? Or have ideas changed over time or are you gonna come up with completely different ideas?
1. Between 2010 and 2018, how did Joker managed to escape Arkham Asylum?
2. After the Joker was defeated in January 2018 by Batman and his team, was he sent back to Arkham Asylum again, or was he sent to a more secure prison that is better equipped to dealing with his insanity and unpredictability?
3. Just like in the comics, is the Joker directly responsible for the death of Jason Todd? I'm NOT asking for any details whatsoever in regards to this event; ONLY for confirmation (yes or no) as to whether or not it happened in the Earth-16 universe.
Hello, Mr. Weisman. I have some questions about Young Justice regarding Orion.
1. Was Orion born on Apokolips?
2. When did he move to New Genesis?
3. Where was Orion during the events of âAway Missionâ
4. Is Orion a member of the Justice League?
5. Are Kalibak and Grayven, Orionâs brothers?
you probably get this a lot but my first question is
1)how do you feel about being back in the saddle in terms of Gargoyles?
Reading the first issue gave me major nostalgia in the best way and I was wondering if it was the same for you.
2) Is there any character in particular you've missed in terms of Gargoyle? Reading the issue made me realize i didn't even know how much i missed Goliath.
Just to be sure that I interpret the generations of the Kane family correctly in the Earth-16 universe...
#1. At least one generation consists of Martha Wayne, Jacob Kane, Nathan Kane, Philip Kane, and Bette Kane's as-of-yet-unnamed father; even though there's no way yet of knowing what is the actual order of oldest to youngest sibling in the Earth-16 universe.
#2. At least one generation consists of Bruce Wayne, Katherine "Kate" Kane, Elizabeth "Beth" Kane (Kate's twin sister) and Bette Kane; with Bruce being the oldest of this generation, and Bette being the youngest of this generation. As such, the girls would be Bruce's maternal cousins (via Bruce's mother), and Bruce would be the girls' paternal cousin (via their respective fathers)
#3. Bruce Wayne is the ONLY member of his generation of the Kane family whose relationships with his uncles and aunts on this side of the family are considered maternal because his mother was a Kane before she married Thomas Wayne. For Bruce's cousins, all relationships with their uncles and aunts on this side of the family are considered paternal via their respective fathers, but nothing is currently known about their respective maternal relatives via their respective mothers (Gabrielle Kane and Bette Kane's as-of-yet-unnamed mother).
#4. Roderick Kane is the father of Martha Wayne, Jacob Kane, Nathan Kane, Philip Kane, and Bette Kane's as-of-yet unnamed father. Roderick Kane is also the maternal grandfather of Bruce Wayne, and the paternal grandfather of Katherine "Kate" Kane, Elizabeth "Beth" Kane (Kate's twin sister) and Bette Kane.
#5. Elizabeth "Betsy" Kane is the mother of Martha Wayne, Jacob Kane, Nathan Kane, Philip Kane, and Bette Kane's as-of-yet unnamed father. Elizabeth "Betsy" Kane is also the maternal grandmother of Bruce Wayne, and the paternal grandmother of Katherine "Kate" Kane, Elizabeth "Beth" Kane (Kate's twin sister) and Bette Kane.
#6. Nathan Kane's wife was Katherine Webb Kane (with her nickname being "Kathy," and Webb being her maiden name) in the comics. If this is also true in the Earth-16 universe, this means she is the maternal aunt of Bruce Wayne, and the paternal aunt of Katherine "Kate" Kane, Elizabeth "Beth" Kane (Kate's twin sister) and Bette Kane.
#7. Catherine Hamilton Kane (with Hamilton being her maiden name) is Jacob Kane's second wife in the comics. If this is also true in the Earth-16 universe, this means she is the "maternal aunt by marriage" of Bruce Wayne, the step-mother of Katherine "Kate" Kane and Elizabeth "Beth" Kane (Kate's twin sister), and the "paternal aunt by marriage" of Bette Kane. As such, Bruce Wayne and Bette Kane would be considered Catherine's "nephew by marriage" and "niece by marriage," respectively, from her point-of view.
If any of my interpretations on the Kane Family are incorrect, please kindly explain to me as to where I got the facts wrong.
In the comics of the 2000s, the "Batman of Zur-En-Arrh" is depicted as a violent and unhinged backup personality of Bruce Wayne that was created by him as protection against psychic attacks. As such, this personality is essentially Batman WITHOUT Bruce Wayne. Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the "Batman of Zur-En-Arrh"?
1. What makes Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake so different from each other as Robins?
2. Since the Earth-16 Damian will likely not be Robin for about a decade, who would be the next likely candidate to take up the mantle of Robin after Tim Drake?
In the Earth-16 universe, who discovered the Phantom Zone and learned about its various effects on those who are sent there (discoloration, lack of heat signatures, and the inability to age, die, or heal) and learned about the creatures that are apparently native to it (such as Devourers)? If more than one person was involved in these discoveries, who are they? And finally, when exactly were these discoveries made?
1. In the Earth-16 universe, when a female Kryptonian from one House is married to male Kryptonian of another House, is she no longer a member of her former House? For example, since Lara Lor-Van married Jor-El and became Lara El, is she no longer a member of the House of Van? Likewise, since Kara Zor-El's mother, Alura In-Ze, married Zor-El and became Alura El, is she no longer a member of the House of Ze?
2. What is Lor-Van's (Lara El's father) exact relationships with each of the known members of the House of El in the Earth-16 universe; starting with the most recent generation (Jonny Kent) and then going backwards? Be sure to indicate paternal and maternal relationships of each character in relation to Lor-Van if necessary; for Jonny Kent's case, it's also a biological relationship.
3. What is In-Ze's (Alura El's father) exact relationships with each of the known members of the House of El in the Earth-16 universe; starting with the most recent generation (Jonny Kent) and then going backwards? Be sure to indicate paternal and maternal relationships of each character in relation to In-Ze if necessary; for Jonny Kent's case, it's also a biological relationship.
#4. In regards to the Kryptonian who is the father of Jor-El and Zor-El, the paternal grandfather of Kal-El and Kara Zor-El, and the paternal biological great-grandfather of Jonny Kent, is the man's Kryptonian name spelled out as Seyg-El (like in the comics) or Seg-El (like in the Syfy TV series, "Krypton") in the Earth-16 universe?
#5. Is Ter-El the father of Seyg-El, the paternal grandfather of Jor-El and Zor-El, the paternal great-grandfather of Kal-El and Kara Zor-El, and the paternal biological great-great-grandfather of Jonny Kent?
#5. Is Don-El the father of Ter-El, the paternal grandfather of Seyg-El, the paternal great-grandfather of Jor-El and Zor-El, the paternal great-great-grandfather of Kal-El and Kara Zor-El, and the paternal biological great-great-great-grandfather of Jonny Kent?
I'm sorry, Greg -- I would like to apologise to you, please, because I just checked the search function and realised that the question that I've just submitted was one I submitted a couple of months ago. I'm so sorry. I'll be more careful in the future.
We know that Troia is 20 years old biologically in Team Year Nine, but of course we don't know *how* she ages (whether she ages slowly like M'gann, or at the rate of a normal human like many characters in YJ, or doesn't age at all like Conner). With this in mind, though this may be considered a spoiler request, I would like to ask: what was her biological age when she joined the Team in Team Year Two?
Are the Beetle-tech drones designed by Blue or are they just similar in name?
1.What is up with the one shot in 1x10 when Cheshire fights Red arrow and spinkicks him and flips back? because wow someone really made that and it really got on tv lol. Also People keep asking are they ever going to do a shot or scene like that again
2.its cool the animation is mostly the same as s1 and even on teen Titans but it updates the quality was that intentional or just it looks cool. Also how many seasons do you think will happen? Sorry for the long question
Hello Mr. Weisman,
What I love about Young Justice is the original organization of the Light. I am also I big Marvel fan so I was wondering what you thought would be a good lineup for a Marvel version of the group. I ask because I think the Cabal run by Norman Osborn is lacks the stability and effectiveness of Vandal Savage's organization. Thank you for reading this if you do.
In anticipation of the new Dynamite Gargoyles comic, and because of the Paris clan's inclusion in YJ Targets, I tracked down a copy of "The Flashback of Notre Dame." It was a fun little read! I'm a big fan of both Chris's and your work, so it was cool to see your first (I think?) collaboration.
Just a couple questions:
1. Why was the Brooklyn analog named Monmarte? I'm admittedly not super familiar with New York or Paris, but I assume there's a parallel between the two, in the same way as Broadway and Montparnasse or Lexington Avenue and Champs ÃlysÃ©es.
2. Same question for Bronx and Rive Gauche.
3. Between Coldstone and Coldsteel, which corresponds to Cyrano and which to Christian?
4. Is the Paris clan less antagonistic than the Wyvern clan? It struck me as odd that Diabolique and Thomeheb were still part of the clan despite being named "Demonic" and identified as the evil twin, respectively.
5. What is the exact text of the Archmagus's spell, including the "man of silver kissing his betrothed on the last full moon of February" caveat? (Kidding, kidding... unless?)
One final thought: have you seen the recent film musical adaption of Cyrano de Bergerac starring Peter Dinklage? I liked it a lot, though admittedly i haven't read the original play.
Thanks again, and I can't wait to read the first new Gargoyles story since I discovered the series! WE LIVE AGAIN!
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How long has Fury served with the Infinitors and does she occasionally wear a baseball cap or newsgirl cap when not in costume or on duty ? 2. What does Angel o' day do for a living ?
In the Earth-16 universe, is Saturn Girl's race identified as Saturnian (assuming life somehow existed on Saturn in the 31st century) or Titanian (assuming they lived on Saturn's moon, Titan) in the 31st century?
In the Earth-16 universe, what are the names of Ursa's parents?
Did the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America ever encountered Vladimir Sokov/Red Lantern?
Is Joan Garrick's maiden name Williams?
Where is the Earth-16 version of Judy Garrick/The Boom; the daughter of Jay and Joan Garrick?
On the Earth-16 version of Krypton, was kryptonite poisoning (via green kryptonite) ever identified/acknowledged by Kryptonians as the "Green Plague"?
In Detective Comics 2022 Annual #1, it is revealed that Gotham City was originally known as "Gathome Settlement" during the 1700s. As such, is this also true in the Earth-16 universe as well?
At Conner and M'gann's wedding, Spoiler has been seen leaning on Robin. Does it mean they are a couple?
does the light still have the means to produce clones of ocean master? Even if they're no longer interested in doing that
Hello, Greg! Some more questions about the YJ character countback.
1. Are Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt fictional in the context of Earth-16?
2. Is Mayor Sackett's first name Bradford like in the comics?
3. Does Sackett go by Buck as in the comics?
4. What is Principal Sanchez's first name?
5. After some searching on the DC wiki, I found several character with the surname Sanchez, but none seem to be a good match to the principal. Is Principal Sanchez original to Earth-16?
I've been reading you and Cary's run on Captain Atom as of late, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. However, it made me curious: how much input, if any, did you and Cary have on DC's initial plans for Armageddon 2001 (in which Captain Atom would become Monarch)?
Ben Shapiro defended Kanye at one point so following the logic you use to defend yourself that means Ye cant possibly be antisemitic right? Until Ye personally offended Shaprio of course, then all of a sudden he calls it out. Exploiting identity politics as a shield will only get you so far.
Regarding Orphan/Cassandra Wu-San, I was wondering if there was a reason you decided to write her in such a way that wouldnât allow her to eventually learn how to talk. On other earths/in various comic runs, she did eventually learn how to speak, since speech was deprived from her rather than forcibly taken (growing up in an environment without speech vs having her vocal cords removed), so I was curious why you decided to take such a different route with Cass.
I've been watching Spectacular Spider-Man again and I have a few questions relating to some pretty minor characters:
1) Do the various security personnel members that Tombstone employs have names? They're all so visually distinct that I figured they would but I can't find anything about it online.
2) What is Coach Smith's first name?
3) Was "Benny" meant to be the show's legally-secure version of/allusion to Ben Urich?
4) Similarly, there is a girl with pink hair in the background of various scenes set in Midtown High that reminds me of when Jessica Jones was Jewel. Was this an intentional visual nod to Jessica or am I just reading too much into things?
5) You've said that there are currently 782 characters within the world of Young Justice as of the end of Targets; do you have an exact number for how many characters there are within the world of Spectacular Spider-Man as of the end of season two?
Thank you for your time, and for your work on not just Spectacular Spider-Man, but Young Justice, Star Wars Rebels and Gargoyles too.
Please please bring Wally west back. Everyone loves that character and weâve been waiting for the return of him. I cannot stress that enough please bring him back. We want to see him back on the screen all grown up with his infamous red and white flash suit.
I know youâre probably sick of the religion discourse but Iâd like to throw in something that I feel like youâre missing. Weâre living in a time where fundamentalist religious minorities are taking over governments all over the world, from the US to Iran, Russia, Israel, India, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc. people are struggling against extremist conservative regimes that use Judiasm, Chrisitianity, Islam, and Hinudism to justify their actions. While itâs not fair to blame the entire religion, reality is that people are increasingly turned off by organized religions being shoved down our throats. In America, there are inescapable Christian undertones in media and literature. People are for sure interested in exploring different identities in entertainment, including religious groups, but those shows require a narrow focus so the issues can be explored in depth. Or thereâs a way to weave these things into characters without focusing on it, like they did in Moon Knight. In a show like Young Justice, Iâm sorry but it comes off more like a preachy after school special. Itâs shallow. Iran just murdered a woman for a strand of hair sticking out of her hijab and killed hundreds more for protesting about it. At the same time, covered women are vulnerable to hate crimes in non-Muslim countries. No matter where they go, theyâre the ones suffering. If youâre going to dedicate an episode to talking about the hijab, you need to do a lot more to actually add something of value to the discussion.
Have you seen our petition? https://chng.it/zDMDwW9K8q
Hi Mr. Wiseman, I hope youâre enjoying yourself and your break from answering questions on the website and hope if and/or when you return you can answer some inquiries I have?
1. How long have Lois Lane and Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman been married?
2. Does Lana Lang exist in Earth-16 and was she a friend and/or past love of Clark?
3. When did Lois find out Clark and Superman were one and the same?
4. How did Clark learn of his Kryptonian heritage and what year did he?
5. When did Clark have his first experience with Kryptonite?
6. Does blue sunlight radiation have an effect on Kryptonians like yellow sunlight or red sunlight?
7. Did Martha Kent give Clark his first Superman suit?
8. How many light years was Krypton to Earth?
9. Is Superman also referred to as the Man of Steel?
10. What age did Clarkâs powers start coming in?
11. Is Kryptonite the remnants of Krypton?
Has anyone on the team had diarrhea accidents on the floor in front of Batman? And if so does Batman enjoy it?
Why does clayface look like my excrete?
Can Miss Martian turn into a pile of diarrhea at will?
1. How often does Superman clean his underwear and what does it smell like?
1. How powerful is a Kryptonians diarrhea? Is it enough to explode the toilet or will it explode the entire plumbing system?
Were Dick and Zee still a couple in Young Justice Legacy?
1 Has lady Shiva ever replicated orphanâs training with anyone else or was she the only the subject?
2 was lady Shiva punished after her failure to get the justice league data and capture orphan?
3 does lady Shiva ever consider becoming head of the shadows or is she not interested in that kind of stuff?
4 has the league of shadows put a bounty on shadeâs head like cheshire?
Firstly, loved season 4. Especially Zatanna's arc.
I was very interested to see a little more about the Lords of Order and Chaos this season, and impressed by how Vandal essentially trapped the Chaos Lords by bringing up Darkseid.
Regarding the Lords, we see that they require an anchor to the physical world to affect it. Nabu has his helmet and possesses a host, whilst Klarion and Child have familiars.
1.) I was curious whether this is a pattern amongst the Lords. We've seen Klarion can choose an anchor when he's desperate. Are there those who align with Order that opt for a familiar instead?
2.) Klarion notes that the familiar chooses him, implying a mutual bond. He certainly seems attached to the idea of a cat as his familiar. Child on the other hand appears to act more strategically, choosing a diamond as her familiar. Is this a matter of preference? Klarion preferring a mutual bond with a living creature whilst Child was more practical in creating a diamond golem. Or do the Lords have different vessels suitable to their manifestation?
LaYou Greg made many young justice fans vary angry at you by having Garfield believe he causes Superboy to die which led Garfield to have Mentha health problems and instead of the other outsides getting black canary come help him instead they wanted Garfield to go on missions with them and this was led to Garfield breakup with Perdita when she arrives at the hub and then you show Superboy was not dead, So Garfield lost Peridia for a false reason. This is why so many fans are mad a at you MR. Greg.
Hello, Greg! Some questions about the YJ character countback, organized roughly from least to most spoilery.
1. Are Flex Mentallo and Brother Power's appearances on the comic Jaime is reading in 305 Away Mission?
2. Are they fictional in the context of Earth-16?
3. I can't find any reference to Bgztlqwar anywhere online. Is he/she/they/it an invention of the show?
4. Was Branwilla Kilowog's predecessor in the Green Lantern Corps?
Dear MR Wiesman 1. Does Harper Row work as an electrician at the H.H.D.W.P. like her comic couterpart did and does she also wear a baseball cap both at work and on occasion when not at work ? 2. what do Mr and Mrs Morzz do for a living on Mars? 3. When was the yellow martian order first founded ?
Did M'gann know that Dick was going to seek Conner's help in the 1st episode of season 3? Was she upset because she didn't want to get Conner involved in the Anti-Light business and felt guilt she was keeping him in the dark?
What's season 5 gonna be called? "Young Justice: Targets", "Young Justice: Doomsday", "Young Justice: Unjustified", "Young Justice: Unjust", "Young Justice: Justified", "Young Justice: Injustice", "Young Justice: Regime", "Young Justice: Insurgency", "Young Justice: Legion", "Young Justice: Bloodlines", "Young Justice: DarkSide", "Young Justice: WarWorld", "Young Justice: Darkness" or "Young Justice: Apocalypse"?
How does human Kryptonian mix breeding work? Superboy/Conner can't fly and doesn't have heat vision yet Superman/Clark's son, Jonny Kent can fly? Does human DNA suppress the same Kryptonian powers or just a random pair?
Can Superman fly/breath in space?
Can Superman fly/breath space?
Can Victor Stone/Cyborg fly using his jet repulsors?
I would like to invite you to my small but growing (2600 subscribers at the moment) YouTube channel, The Comics Cube, in which I interview a variety of comics creators. With Gargoyles coming back in comics form, I think it would be truly insightful to discuss. I've also interviewed some animation creators such as Dan Riba, Rob Pratt, Geoff Thorne, and Josie Campbell. Also, I'm a huge Gargoyles fan!
Why Greg did you choose to have as part of young justice comic targets story to have Garfield to still have video messages from Perdita on his phone to look at when Garfield is waiting at hub go with the other outsiders to rescue Perdita if you had no plan for Garfield and Perdita to back together as a couple again after the heroes rescue Perdita?
Hello and sorry,
I miscalculated something for this question [https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=28825]. On Avalon, six months would be roughly twelve years. According to you, if Ophelia laid an egg in 2008, and gargoyles carry the eggs in their bodies for six months before laying them, she would have been pregnant roughly since late 1995, early 1996.
If it is to remain that Ophelia and possibly other female gargoyles of the Avalon clan laid eggs in 2008, were they pregnant shortly before or after the archmage's attack?
In that old answer [https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=1627] they meant that Ophelia would lay an egg in 2008. But the gargoyles are supposed to carry the eggs for six months before they lay it. Since six months on Avalon is roughly 14 years, she must have been pregnant since 1993 or 94. This means that she and possibly the other females were at risk during the Archmage's attack.
Should it stay with this setting or will something change?
I realize that you might be getting sick of clothing questions, but I've been wondering about this one for a while.
1. How do the Gargoyles acquire clothing in the clans who have appeared so far?
2. Does each clan have a different system for obtaining and/or making clothes? If so, what are they?
Why didn't Peridia not offer Garfield to restart dating each other after Garfield help save her from the kidnappers?
Why was Garfield to scared to call Perdita to apologize to her for breaking up with her and ask her to get back with him in a relationship shortly after he begin concealing meetings with black Canary?
During the time between young justice phantoms and young justice targets Why didn't beast boy not blame the outsiders and black canary for the loss of his dating couple relationship with Perdita and only blame himself for the breakup?
After young justice season 4 phantoms and before young justice comic targets events why did Tara not tell Perdita that Garfield regrets breakup with Perdita and missing Perdita?
Even though the Earth-16 version of Damian Wayne does NOT have his last name confirmed yet in-universe, I'm going to make an educated guess on his family tree. Please correct me if any of the following below are incorrect.
#1. Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul are Damian's parents.
#2. Kate Kane, Beth Kane (Kate's twin sister), and Bette Kane are Damian's first cousins, once removed.*
#3. Kate's and Beth's parents (Jacob and Gabrielle Kane) and Bette Kane's as-of-yet unnamed parents are Damian's great-uncles and great-aunts.*
#4. Ra's al Ghul and Melisande are Damian's maternal grandparents.
#5. Thomas and Martha Wayne are Damian's paternal grandparents.
*Would Damian's relationships with these family members be considered paternal from his point-of-view?
#1. Is Jane Nassour's maiden name Nelson?
#2. If the answer to question #1 is true, then what are the names of Kent Nelson's brother and sister-in-law?
#3. Is Khalid Nassour's full name "Khalid Kent Nassour," like in the comics ("Doctor Fate: The Blood Price")?
If Queen Perdita could use zeta tubes to travel before conner and M'gann and Garfield travel to mars for conner and M'gann mars wedding, then why did Perdita not use zeta tubes to go Hub to visit Garfield first week or second week after Garfield return to earth on a day she was down all her queen duties for that day?
Did Dick and Zatanna break up in 2013?
Why didn't Garfield ask Perdita to restart their dating relationship after she was reuse from her kidnapers by the heroes and i if he did why did she refuse?
Alot of young justice fans believe if season 5 was made
season 5 events would happen in 2030 when Superboy does his thing that inspire the formation of legion of superheroes in 31 century and in the last scene the episode bloodlines happy harbor is still a wasteland in 2056 and this remines fans of injustice comic superboy falls to shield beast boy from a nuclear expulsion and these young justice fans don't want a season 5 because the young justice fans believe you will kill beast boy off in young justice season 5. So, what is your response to the young justice fans about this?
I'm really fascinated by the ever-shifting geopolitics on display with Qurac and Bialya throughout the series; it's something you almost never get to see in superhero media and really adds to how lived-in the you and your creative team have built world feels, which is by far one of my favourite aspects of the show.
That all being said, I still have a few questions about it:
1) When did Queen Bee become the Queen of Bialya?
2) When was Rumaan Harjavti elected to serve as President of Qurac?
3) When was Rumaan assassinated?
4) When did Ali become a bodyguard for the Harjavti family?
5) Has Ali been given a surname and if so, what is it?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of Steel (John Henry Irons), is his origin story (especially his past as a brilliant weapons engineer) and his reasons for becoming a hero (especially if Superman inspired him in some way) the same as his mainstream DC Universe (Earth-0) counterpart? If not, then what are the key differences in John Henry Irons' history between the mainstream DC Universe (Earth-0) and the Young Justice animated universe (Earth-16)?
Did Garfield Logan did date queen Perdita in the history that Bart grew up knowing before Bart (Impulse) went back into time to 2016 and if so, did Garfield breakup with Perdita in that version of history that Impulse grew up knowing before he travels back in tine in episode bloodlines?
TRUE OR FALSE? The Earth-16 versions of Kate Kane's parents
#1. The names of Kate Kane's parents are Jacob Kane and Gabrielle Kane.
#2. Jacob Kane's nickname is "Jake" and Gabrielle Kane's nickname is "Gabi."
#3. Kate Kane's parents are soldiers in the United States Army.
#4. Jacob Kane is a member of the 3rd Special Forces Group.
#5. Gabrielle Kane is a member of the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade.
#6. Jacob and Gabrielle Kane are Bruce Wayne's maternal uncle and aunt; respectively.
#7. Jacob and Gabrielle Kane are Bette Kane's paternal uncle and aunt; respectively.
#8. Gabrielle Kane (along with Kate's twin sister, Elizabeth "Beth" Kane) tragically died in a hostage situation when Kate was 12 years old; like in the comics.
#9. After the deaths of his Gabrielle and Beth, Jacob raised Kate all by himself.
#10. Jacob Kane never liked Thomas Wayne and blamed Thomas post-mortem for Martha's death; like in the comics (as depicted in the funeral flashback in "Detective Comics" issue #939).
If the Earth-16 version of Bette Kane does not become Flamebird or Hawkfire (like in the comics), then what are the chances that she could become Batgirl (considering no one has taken on the mantle in the Earth-16 universe ever since Barbara Gordon was paralyzed and became Oracle)?
After Garfield return to earth from mars Why didn't the time traveler Bart Allen not tell Garfield logan that conner was not dead before Perdita came visit Garfield at the hub?
What would you say to me wanting to reboot the gargoyles with a prequel and a basic first seaaon movie? Kind of like the newer star trek in a sense.
Why you Greg make the choice that as part of the young justice story that Garfield and Perdita would date one another if you intended to have couple dating relationship to end cause by Garfield wrong believing he cause Superboy die to only to show that conner was in the phantoms zone?
Why did you decide the young justice adult Garfield logan will be singe just like his adult dc comic version is?
What you Greg Weisman think about the young justice fans are upset with you to have as part of the plot of young justice phantoms to have beast boy believe he cause superboy to die on mars and that make beast boy to have depression problems which cause beast boy to break Perdita's heart to only show later in in phantoms conner is not dead later have Conner and m'gann get back together in the end of the season 4 but Perdita and beast boy do not get back to together at end of young justice phantoms season nor have beast and Perdita get back together in a dating relationship at the end of issue 6 of young justice comic targets?
Is Juan Cordero supposed to be the Earth-16 equivalent of John Corben, OR does John Corben also exists in the Earth-16 universe but has NOT yet become Metallo?
Mr. Greg why did you choose to make the young justice comic story targets?
Greg why did HBOMAX choose to not renew young justice for season 5?
What DOES it mean in the logline of young justice comic targets issue 6 that issue 6 has a hear wrenching ending despite Perdita is recued at the end?
in image after queen bee left did mgann get a chance to talk to garfield (did he wake up)
What do I have to do to get you on my podcast?
I've read through all 6 issues of "Young Justice: Targets." Thank you for giving us this series. I hope that more "Young Justice" stories come out in comics at some point in the near future... since... you know... until Season 5 comes out...
Do you plan on making Young Justice season five in comic form if you donât get another season? Iâve been a huge fan of the show and I want to see how it continues.
Was casting Yuri Lowenthal as Icicle Jr. in any way influenced by him voicing Iceman in Wolverine and the X-Men a year prior to Young Justice, or was it just sheer coincidence?
If a member of the Third race is in the basking in gluttony and they accidentally eat or take a bite of something with iron.Do they die instantly or get sick?
Congratulations on getting Gargoyles to continue in comic book form I can't wait!!!!I miss these characters.
This is a Gargoyles question I have been thinking about asking for years and in light of its upcoming return (which I will be buying as a matter of urgency) feels appropriate to ask now:
The vast majority of human style magic (aka the sort we see used by mortal practitioners such as the Magus, the Archmage & ironically enough Demona) is described as requiring training to perform; the Magus mentions his training and Demona serves as the Arch age's apprentice. At one point Xanatos directly dismisses the idea of trying to use the Grimorrum to counter Demona because he is not a trained sorcerer himself, which to me at least, suggests merely having the spellbook and speaking the words are not enough to produce magic.
I am therefore writing to ask if there is any set in-universe list of things any would be sorcerer needs to learn before those words have real power (if its a spoiler to say what that list is that's fine, I'm just curious if there is one)?
Is klarion's and child's relationship the worst among all of the relationships between chaos lords?
In young justice universe did beast boy knew superman is Clark Kent before beast boy join the team or by the time of season 2 or season 3?
Have Superman and Supergirl met before?
If Cassandra Savage is Earth-16's adaptation of Scandal, does that mean that her mother is Brazilian like in the comics? If so, naming her Cassandra makes a lot of sense, since this name does exist in Portuguese language.
Hello Mr Weisman Look I know that Nightwing and Zatanna are together, I see the signs but could you give us a clue they broke up in the first place, it's ok if you can't answer just want to know
Both in and out of universe, what was the reason for the Terror Twins' design change, namely why did Tommy go from looking like Superboy to having the physique of Bane or Mammoth? It's a pretty radical change, especially when compared to Tuppence, who mostly just lost the ponytail, so I'm curious as to why you decided on it.
Also, are the Terror Twins Metahumans (In the sense that they have active Metagenes)?
I came across this link on the internet provided here below.
Aside from all the Kryptonians that have already been mentioned/seen on "Young Justice," I want to know first which Kryptonians from the House of El, House of Van, and House of Ze mentioned in the link above also exist in the Earth-16 universe; even though they have been mentioned/seen yet? Secondly, after you are able to confirm which members do exist in Earth-16 universe, I want to know what are each Kryptonian's relationship to Kal-El, Kara Zor-El, and Kru-El; that means in terms of paternal and maternal relationships? The reason I am asking these questions to you because I am trying to figure out the Kryptonian family tree in the Earth-16 universe; in comparison to other versions in the DC Comics multiverse.
Thank you for taking the time to answering my questions whenever you can and to the best of your ability. :)
Does the league of shadows have other special positions like sensei of the shadows?
1) There are other canon adjacent products set in earth-16 aside from DC showcase Green Arrow, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Catwoman: Hunnted?
2) If yes and if it's possible to know, which ones?
3) Are the Green Lantern: The Animated Series tie-in comics canon adjacent too?
4) What is the timeframe where is the storyline of Catwoman: Hunted set? (Year/Month/Day-Year/Month/Day)
Thx for your future answer.
Was there any pushback to you changing the ending of the Judas Contract when adapting it during Outsiders, or was everyone pretty much on board with doing a new spin on the storyline? I personally think what you did with Tara and Brion was brilliant, and that scene in Nevermore is probably my favorite in the entire series.
Can you describe what M'gann's "bad days" were like in season 4 after she got back to Earth?
Since "Catwoman: Hunted" is canon-adjacent in the Earth-16 universe...
#1. How old is Julia Pennyworth as of 2020?
#2. How old is Catwoman/Selina Kyle as of 2020?
#3. Do Batman and his proteges know who Julia Pennyworth is and that she is Alfred's daughter?
Since "Young Justice: Targets" finally introduced Merlyn to the Earth-16 universe...
#1. What year was he born?
#2. What year did he became an assassin?
#3. Is his real name Arthur King or Malcolm Merlyn?
#4. Has he ever been identified as the Dark Archer?
#5. When did he first encountered Oliver Queen/Green Arrow?
#6. When were the exact dates of the 16 duels that he won against Green Arrow?
During Season 1, where did Kaldur live? From what we got in âDowntimeâ, he clearly wasnât living in Atlantis. It was never mentioned that he lived in the cave. In âWelcome to Happy Harborâ Mâgann only mentioned herself and Superboy as living there.
Why did the person seen the google glass to Perdida in episode nightmare monkeys in young justice outsiders and if was because the person wants her to put the google glass on then why did the person what Perdida put google glasses on?
Before the breakup How did Green Arrow feel about the fact Garfield and Perdita were dating?
Why did queen Perdita go to conner and m'gann's wedding without her bodyguards in the last episode of young justice phantoms? Why was she allowed to go to the wedding without her bodyguards?
Is Cadmus a 501c3 on Earth-16? Though we know a lot of their work behind the scenes is anything but charitable, on the surface it seems like they could easily portray themselves as dedicated to the advancement of science or education, as the IRS defines it.
Hello again Mr. Weisman! Nice to see you're allowing questions to be asked again! And let me just start by saying that I Think Your Stuff is Great, Always Did! And I Can't wait to see the New Gargoyles Comics that are Coming out!
And Now here's my new Question if you don't mind
Since John Castaway is Really Jon Canmore and He KNOWS that Xanatos Brought Goliath and his Clan to to New York to Begin with, is it safe to say that Castaway Finds Xanatos Responsible for the labeled "Gargoyle Problem" of New York?
And if So, is it also safe to say that If Castaway Did somehow succeed in Destroying the Manhattan Clan, he would go after Xanatos for Bringing them to New York?
If the Question's considered a Spoiler, it's Not Intended!
Now that James Gunn is at the helm of DC studios, can you negotiate a renewal for Young Justice? Please do at least one more season to cover the Earth vs Apokolips arc you have been building towards. I'm sure a like minded creative like James Gunn will see the prospects of this renewal. Please.
The Mars arc speech seemed to be loosely inspired by the civil rights movement and the I Have a Dream speech. Is that the case? Iâd love your take on these lesser known MLK quotes -
~ Most whites in America, even those of goodwill, proceed from the premise that equality is a loose expression for improvement. White America is not even psychologically organized to close the gap â" essentially, it seeks only to make it less painful and less obvious but in most respects retain it.~
~ Our white liberal friends cried out in horror and dismay: âYou are creating hatred and hostility in the white communities in which you are marching. You are only developing a white backlash,ââ he wrote. âAs long as the struggle was down in Alabama and Mississippi, they could look afar and think about it and say how terrible people are. When they discovered brotherhood had to be a reality in Chicago and that brotherhood extended to next door, then those latent hostilities came out.~
Basically, heâs talking about the hypocrisy of performative white liberals who welcomed his easily digestible messages of peace but turned hostile when he pointed out the racism within themselves and their communities. He has written that this type of white is more dangerous than the overtly hateful ones, because they dilute his message and offer nothing but empty words. I think itâs similar to what people are trying and failing to explain to you when it comes to the way youâve portrayed certain minority groups in this show.
What are the odds of Disney+ reviving Gargoyles or The Spectacular SpiderMan?
Behind Superman, is Superboy the strongest hero in terms of physical strength after Season 2?
Dear Mr Weisman You have sead in the past that Green lantern tas is Young justice adjacent so i would like to ask the fallowing questions 1. Is Carol Farris C. e. o. of Ferris Aircraft like in the comics and Green lantern cartoon and does she occasionally wear a baseball cap or newsgirl cap both at work and during any informal events when she isn't busy at her second job? (In pink with a ring if you know what i mean) 2. How old is Mogo and how long has he been a Green lantern? 3.is the Anti monitor dead in universe 16?
Is Black Adam's origin story the same as in the comics? Does he posses SHAZAM powers like Strength of Hercules, Stamina of Atlas, Power of Zeus, Courage of Achilles & Speed of Mercury?
After the events of episode Image but before queen bee killed marie logan how many times did miss martian visit the logans?
If Disney approached you about doing a reboot of Gargoyles based on your original more comedic pitch for the series, albeit this time retaining some more serious elements to bring it more in line with Disney's current animated shows like Amphibia and the Owl House, would you do it?
What means of travel did garfield logan use to travel to the location were doom patrol members die? What means of travel did garfield logan use to travel to go visit m'gann during the years when Rita Farr was a member of the doom patrol ?
Are Phantom Stranger or Khalid even told Zatanna the cost of her love proposal that indirectly causing massive casualties on the whole Earth. It's look like could be a great explore of Zatanna guilts altough I could see Phantom Stranger want to maintain Zatanna good fighting spirit by keeping it secret and not make her drown in guilt feelings
1 When choosing a new member of the light besides having a large sphere of influence are there any specific qualifications for them to join the light?
2 Has there ever been a time when multiple candidates for vacant light seat were considered?
Is black manta considered an enemy now to the light after the damage his son did during the summit?
Hello, I once asked which Japanese island Ishimura is on and you said you didn't know. After thorough research, it should be Honshu. Yama was able to get to Tokyo after his exile. Vinnie Grigori also wanted to get to Ishimura from Tokyo. Vinnie got his plane ticket from Taro, didn't he? Does it also mean that Ishimura is close to Tokyo? Do you agree or do you think differently?
Hi Greg! I was wondering if ya thought about expanded the YJ universe in different ways, such as tie in audio stories like Batman Unburied on Spotify or like a movie? Thank you and I hope ya is doing well!
1. Did the group Justice Experience exist during the 70âs on Earth 16?
2. Did the original 7 members of the Justice League knew each other secret ids shortly after fighting the alien invasion?
3. Was Lex Luther born from money or was he a self-made man on Earth 16?
Hey Greg I have a few questions
1. Can Blue devil cast spells like zatanna and other magic users?
2. If he can what language does he say it in?
3. What were Rose Psychic powers
4. Would transgender woman be welcome on themyscira?
5. Every season has a "big bad villain(s)" that furthers the overall story to the fight between earth and apokolips was there one during the 5 year time skip? not including brainiac
So I get that it's a complicated mess as to who owns the rights to the Spectacular Spider-Man tv show, so I understand if you are unable to answer this - but given the fact the first season is now on Disney Plus could fans take it as a sign Disney now outright owns the series? I suppose it could be an expansion upon the agreement that allowed Spidey to be in the MCU, but at the same time there still aren't any stand alone Hulk movies on the service. So, small hope for season 3, or am I reading too much into it?
1. In the Earth-16 version of Krypton, were females fated to marry men that were deemed genetically fit to carry their offspring? If true, would that be considered the Kryptonian equivalent of an arranged marriage on Earth?
2. In the Earth-16 version of Krypton, was the House of Zod considered to be a prominent Kryptonian family that was closely linked to the Kryptonian military?
3. In the Earth-16 version of Krypton, was the House of El considered to be one of the noble ruling families on the planet?
Hello Mr. Weisman,
When responding to criticism on representation of minorities on Young Justice, I have seen you repeatedly say that you should be able to do whatever you want. But do you understand that your content does not exist in a vacuum? Media is an incredibly powerful tool to spread propaganda and stereotypes that lead to real world consequences that affect real life minorities - thatâs why we get so upset about it. Some examples: vilification of Arabs and Muslims in media and news has desensitized Westerners to killing thousands of innocents in the Middle East, associating immigrants with crime leads to people voting for candidates with more extreme positions against them, and the widespread belief that bisexuals are promiscuous and unfaithful makes them the most vulnerable group to domestic violence. All three of these stereotypes have played a part in your show. It is not something writers do on purpose, this is how implicit bias works, but I find your responses over the years troubling to say the least. At the end of the day, youâre not the one who has to deal with those real world consequences, so you may have trouble seeing the connections. I think itâs okay to say you donât understand where someone is coming from because your life experiences are so different. The way youâve been behaving makes me very sad because I used to admire you, but I can no longer support the content you make.
Hi Greg, I gotta say the spectacular Spider-Man was my favorite and probably only animated series. My question is while writing the episode where Peter is exposed as spidy but then able to cover it up, did you thought about having each character in the show finding out his secret in their own or were you thinking about doing a big reveal leading to the last episode of the series had it continue going towards five seasons or were you just going to keep his identity a secret.
Why didn't Bart Allen return to the year 2056 at the end of Phantoms? The reason he didn't return in Invasion was because his time machine didn't work. He just missed an opportunity by hitching a ride with the Legion of Super-Heroes in their Time-Sphere.
Was Darkseid's uncle, Steppenwolf the other tyrant who ousted Mongul from his dictatorship on his home planet, Warworld?
WHY DID YOU say YOU FOLLOW WERE THE CHARCTOR LEADES YOU DESPISE YOU LET YOUNG JUSTICE TARA LIVE BESPITE THE DC COMIC TARA DUE HER CONTACT WITH THE VILLION SLADE LEADS TO HER DEATH?
When we get shots of Chaos Lords and Lords of Order in their true form on screen, they are obviously all different sizes, with some being drastically bigger and/or smaller than others. Why so?
did you know that in islam the soul canât be free until the body is buried, so haloâs very existence is a grossly disrespectful violation of âgabrielleâsâ body and thereâs no way her family would be okay with it? of course you didnât lol you couldnât even do the bare minimum of giving her a muslim or even just an arabic name lmfao. and i know you think thatâs not a big deal but if you knew anything about muslims youâd know that our names are a very important part of our cultures. idk maybe try talking to more than one singular brown person before making a character next time?
Does Zatanna's magically gifted cousin, Zackary Zatara, exist in YJ? I think he would be an interesting addition to Zatanna's Sentinels of Magic?
Did Zatanna's mother have any magical connections? Why did you portray her as a mundane humanity?
In the comics, her mother was a homo-magi and it was implied she was much more powerful than her husband, Zatara. I think this would have been an interesting storyline with Zatanna finding out her mother had 'secrets'.
1. Since the power rings on Earth-16 have no weakness to wood or yellow how do supervillains fight Green Lanterns?
2. Did the JSA fight street crime or did they mainly fight Nazis?
3. Did the Axis Powers use mystic items like the Spear of Destiny to prevent the JSA from ending the War early or did they have they own super-agents to keep the war more or less even instead?
4. What was the JSA headquarters location was it different from the All-Star Squardon headquarters location?
5. Did Raâs Al Ghul came up with ideas for members of the Light or did Vandal Savage already had his list when he talked to Raâs?
When Garfield lived with Rita Farr in 2011 did Garfield Logan attended a school? This is before his skin turn green in 2012 of young justice timeline.
1. In YJ, how do figure out WHEN youâre going to introduce a character to the show (not asking for an exact science). For example, since Arrowette, Wonder Girl, and Robin are all roughly the same age, how did you decide that Arrowette would be introduced in Season 3 while Robin and Wonder Girl would be introduced in season 2?
2. Did you ever consider not doing a time travel story in season 2 and simply having the heroes defeat the Reach the first time around without help from Bart?
3. If DC ever gives you the chance to write more comics, would you consider telling more stories that happened in between the seasons, or would you prefer to progress the storyline further?
Did beast boy ever serve as miss martian's sidekick when ritia farr was alive or when GarfieldLIVE AT THE CAVE?
Why did you have Garfield lOGAN fall in love with peridia if you did not intend for them stay together in relationship for rest of the young justice story line?
What is the place that Garfield stays at when Garfield stays Miss Martian when Rita Farr does not let Garfield to go on doom patrol missions?
Are the White martians the ancestors of CHAMELEON BOY'S
race in young justice universe?
Why did you Mr Greg decide to end Garfield and Perdita relationship?
In the Earth-16 universe, is Seyg-El the father of Jor-El and Zor-El, and the paternal grandfather of Kal-El and Kara Zor-El?
Does any martian animal species have longer lifespans than humans?
This after Garfield learn to shapeshift into animals. During the times when Gaffield was visiting M'gann why didn't M'gann not let Garfield go on missions with her on the team when Rita did not let Garfield logan go on missions with the doom patrol?
Why didn't M'gann offer Garfield to join the team after Garfield learning to control his power to change into animals and if she did offer why didn't Rita not allow it, or not trust miss martian with Garfield's safety?
Since Wonder Woman and Troia are both princesses of Themiscyra, and Wonder Woman does not appear to have aged (at least not very much) over time in Young Justice (across the four seasons of the show), I have to wonder if the Amazons age very slowly physically (or do not physically age at all), even when they are away from Themiscyra. This leads me to my first question.
1) Given that Troia may be ageing slowly (or not at all), and that she is biologically 20 years old in season 3 in Team Year Nine, was she ALSO biologically 20 years old when she joined the Team in Team Year Two?
2) Another quick question. We have not seen Troia and Cassie interact in Young Justice, but would you please be able to confirm what kind of relationship they have -- do they get along? (I'm not looking for a detailed answer here as I know that that would be too spoilery.)
Why does queen peridia have a scare on her neck in young justice season 4 and in young justice comic book targets?
Regarding Young Justice: Targets #5
1. How old is Juan Cordero?
2. When did Juan Cordero find out he was a metahuman?
3. When did Lex Luthor find Juan Cordero's mother a job at Lexcorp and put his sisters in the best schools?
4. When did Lex Luthor show Juan Cordero Match?
5. When did Juan Cordero volunteer himself to Lex Luthor, right after the events of the UN press conference on February 17 Team Year Nine or later in Team Year Nine?
PREDICTION: The Earth-16 version of Terrence "Terry" McGinnis will likely exist as a result of the Light's attempt to create a clone of Bruce Wayne; however, an exact clone will NOT work because it will have Bruce's psychological trauma that stems from witnessing the death of his parents. As such, the Earth-16 version of Terry will likely be a partial clone/half-clone of Bruce Wayne.
What do you MR GREG say about the fans viewing Garfield losing his girlfriend peridia do to depression believing he (Garfield) cause Superboy to die on mars and not letting Garfield get back with his girlfriend Perdita in the issue 6 comic series targets is not fair to Garfield?
How old is Razer in Young Justice: Phantoms?
I heard somewhere he was (his species equivalent of) 19-years-old in GL:TAS, but it that true with Young Justice?
With the Gargoyles comics coming back, are the new comics considered to be your Season 4?
Hey Greg, i have few questions about tula, rocket, and bumblebee.
1. Is she black? i know she would be technically consider an atlantean but Aqualad is too but he is clearly black.She is also voice by a black woman, i know that doesn't mean much but most times in young justice you have black va voicing black characters.
2. Did she did her hero name from aqualad or was he the inspiration?
3. Have you ever thought about giving rocket additions powers besides flight and creating force bubbles?
4. How did bumblebee meet atom?
5. If rocket belt breaks or malfunctions is there another one on Icons spaceship or does he know how to fix it?
In the Kaldur arc of Young Justice: Phantoms, do you consider the fake Arion to be a clone of the real one with Ocean Master's memories, or the consciousness of the real Ocean Master in a clone of Arion's body?
I ask because their are different interpretations on different sites: Young Justice Wiki says the former, TV Tropes says the latter. I would just like to set the record straight.
I have always loved your view of "canon adjacent" material to Young Justice: things like Catwoman: Hunted and, especially, Green Lantern: TAS.
Are their any other canon adjacent stuff to Young Justice that you could tell us about, or is that either spoilers or just something that happens depending on the current plot?
Are their hundreds or thousands or millions of active meta gene metahumans on earth by the time of young justice season 4?
Greg did you plan for Garfield would be single like his dc comic version instead of Garfield's relationship with Perdita not in a breakup or Garfield and Perdita getting back together in comic story targets?
Before queen peridia came to see Garfield at the hub to see Garfield why Tara didn't tell black canary about Garfield's behavior at the hub since return to earth because Tara should have known what was wrong with Garfield because Tara lost loved ones too?
Sometime after Superboy and Miss Martian's wedding why didn't Tara not try to convince Perdita to give Garfield another change to be with Perdita because Tara knew Garfield still love Perdita and didn't mean to say those things to Perdita that broke Perdita heart and might know what happen to Garfield on mars by the time of the wedding on earth?
Why does Garfield choose to lead the outsiders again after the outsiders's actions of not getting black canary to help him with his mental health issues witch lead to Garfield to lose his relationship with Perdita?
Greg why did you decide that Garfield would still have Perdita's messages on his phone by the time he is about to go with the other outsiders to rescue in comic book story if you Greg did not intend for Garfield and peridia in a dating relationship by end of issue 6 of young justice comic book story targets?
NO THIER ARE MANY FANS ASKING QUEST ABOUT GARFIELD AND PERDITIA. i like the questions.
In justice comic story targets does beast boy choose keep queen Perdita's video messages to Garfield logan on Garfield's phone by the time of the beginning of outsiders' mission at hub to begin the rescue of Perdita because he hopes to get back together with peridia some day in a dating relationship in the future and if not, then why does beast boy still have her video messages on his phone as the outsiders are about to leave the outsiders base call the Hub to recue Perdita in young justice come story targets?
Please stop asking so many questions about Garfield and Perdita. Everyone can tell itâs just one person asking about them constantly (yes, even though you keep changing your name). Theyâre not getting back together no matter how many questions you ask. Clinging onto dead relationships is unhealthy, especially when theyâre not yours. Their FICTIONAL relationship is over, move on. Youâre one of the reasons why Greg has taken a break from answering questions. Do you think he wants to answer NINE questions about them in a row? Move on.
Why was decide as part of the plot of young justice story that Garfield logan would remain single and not let Garfield get back together with peridia at the end of young justice comic targets story?
why did m'gann's green martian sister go back to mars after the end of season 4 of young justice?
Why does Garfield Logan not blame at conner for his loss of his relationship with peridia because if conner had got recharge with yellow sone light like Garfield told he should on mars conner may not ended up in phamotom zone and Garfield would not become depressed believing Garfield cause conner to die?
By the end of young justice phantoms why did Garfield still viewed the outsiders as his friends after they did not get black canary to help Garfield with his depression problems before Perdita arrived at the hub to see Garfield?
Why was it part of the plan of young justice story that Garfield to lose his relationship with queen peridia over his depression believing he cause conner's death even though conner was not death was reunited with m'gann at the end young justice season 4?
Greg how do you fell about the fans of young justice not liking that you and staff had as part of the young justice story to have Garfield and Perdida breakup in young justice phantoms and not get back together in young justice come story targets?
If any of the outsiders or blue devil told black canary about Garfield behavior at the hub after return to earth from mars and got black Canary council Garfield before peridia came to see Garfield at the hub their break may not have happen, but the outsiders and blue devil did not try to get black canary to council before Perdita arrive at the hub so why does Garfield still view outsiders his friends by the end of young justice phantoms?
Why did superboy and m'gann think they should not try to convince Perdita to give Garfield another chance be with perditia after the breakup sometime after m'gann and conner's wedding?
Why did beast boy still messages from Perdita on his phone at the beginning of young justice comic book story targets if beast boy did not believe he would get back together in a dating relationship with Perdita at some point in the future?
Dear Mr Weisman before i ask my questions i want to apologize for a selling error in my previous post i meant to say newsgirl but forgot the s by mistake now for the questions 1. Who was Mary Bromfield's best friend during her time with the team ? 2. Did you ever consider Zehra Fazal for the role of Soranik Natu before giving the role to Vanessa Marshall instead? 3. IS the Song that Forager and P.f. (female Forager) sing to Jay Garrick on his Birthday traditional among Bug ''Hatchday'' songs or did they make it up on the spot?
Dear Mr Weisman 1. How long has Trajectory served as second in command of the Infinitors and does she occasinally wear a baseball cap or new girl cap when not in costume or on duty? 2. Does Lizard John (i know his real name but John sounds more mature to me) have toxic bacteria in his mouth like a Komodo dragon or venom like a Gila Monster ?
What episode script was the most fun writing?
Why did Garfield still view outsiders as his at the end of young justice season 4 after the outsiders didn't black canary to help Garfield with his problems before Perdita came to see Garfield at the hub early on in the fourth season?
Greg why is part of the plan for the story of young justice Garfield to fall in love with peridia if you had not plan for Garfield to married Perdita but instead have them breakup and not get back together late on in the story of young justice?
I was wondering if you and the rest of the Young Justice crew were open to ideas for new characters for the next season.
If you are, I actually have some ideas if you are interested.
Why did m'gann and conner not try convince queen Perdita to give Garfield a second chance to be with Perdita after conner learn of the breakup of Garfield and Perdita or sometime after conner and m'gann's wedding on earth?
Did Superboy feel responsible for Garfield and Perdita breakup after he hear of it and if not why not?
Hello Mr Weisman,
I hope you have been having a good week.
First off I would like to thank you and your whole team for bringing Young Justice to life. YJ has been a huge bright spot in my life, especially in a time where there were not many bright spots to go around. I look forward to any more stories from Earth 16 we may get, in whatever form that may be.
As for my question, I was wondering if you have ever tossed around the idea of doing an Earth 16 guide book or art book? I find the behind the scenes of show making and design very fascinating, and it would be very cool for there to be a printed book where the fandom could get a look at the process that you and your team put in to create the show visually and story wise.
Thanks for taking the time to answer questions on here!
Hey Greg! Your stories/TV shows are super awesome :) They've inspired me to start writing in my own way again, even if it puts others off. It's a style that I feel comfortable with and, if people don't like, they don't have to read.
Thank you for inspiring me with your work! You're amazing ;)
Hi Mr. Greg,
Thank you for your work/contribution to the whole that is YJ! Have some questions as well as this is Ask Greg site-
1. Can you reveal what Impulse and Flash were saying speedtalking or at least what about funnel cakes (if Kid Flash was correct)?
1a. Does this hint to Kid Flash (Wally West) being about 1/5 Flash/Impulse's speed at the time of their conversation since he got about every fifth word?
2. Did the clone body of Arion have water breathing added by the Light since the original Arion's metagene was longevity? Or was he using his magic to survive?
3. Could Vandal Savage survive in the vacuum of space? Or would he pass out and then as soon as his body was exposed to oxygen he would awaken? Would it be the same if he was trapped submerged in water or would his body adapt and grow gills?
Hey Greg quick question about spectacular Spider-Man is spider Gwen had come out before your show would you have incorporated that into your version of Gwen Stacy because I think that has become the main inspiration for all future versions of the character
Disregard my last question. Thank you
Question 1 Why Greg was it decided as part of the young justice story that Garfield would lose his relationship with Perdita over his depression believing Garfield caused conner to die when conner was not dead? Question 2 Why was it decided to have as part of young justice comic story targets story to have Garfield one of the heroes to rescue Perdita if you and your staff did not intend for Garfield to get back together in relationship with Queen Perdita at the end of issue 6 of young justice comic targets story target?
Is there an out-of-universe reason why a lot of Team members go inactive while many Justice Leaguers donât? Off the top of my head characters former Team members like Troia, Garth, Karen, Mal, Freddy, Mary, etc have left the hero life, while only two Leaguers, Will and Orin, have left (and Orin later returned), even though the League was founded years earlier.
If I give you my right arm will you give Puck his powers back???
So he doesnât die locked in Owen in the 2198 timeline or whatever that was ? I will literally do anything for Puck to get his powers back. You donât know what this means to me.
After the season 4 finale of Young Justice...
1. Does Dru-Zod now see Superboy as his archenemy?
2. Does Ursa now see Miss Martian as her archenemy?
In the Earth-16 universe, did Kate Kane attended the United States Military Academy (also known metonymically as West Point or simply as Army) in West Point, New York? Also, during that time, was she in a secret romantic relationship with her roommate, Sophie Moore? Finally, was Kate expelled from the academy after she was anonymously outed as a lesbian?
Supermartian on the topic of kids/being parents
1. What would happen if M'gann and Conner had a child together? How would that work?
2. Would M'gann be able to give birth the typical way of human or a martian?
3. Can they even have kids since martian produce differently than humans?
4. Have they ever discussed having kids, wanting them or being parents themselves?
5. How would you see Conner and M'gann as parents?
Dear Mr Weisman After Forager gave his high school graduation speech did Halio and Harper Row both through off there graduation hats while cheering and before congradulating him on his speech ?
I've got some questions about martian shapeshifiting, mostly how do their bodies adapt and can they function as normal humans and gain their qualities.
For example whenever, M'gann, J'onn or Em'ree are in their human forms, can they hear like a human? can they go to the toilet like a human? and more importantly for the females, can they get pregnant whilst in their human forms or not?
In YJ: Targets issue 4, Oliverâs hospital tag shows his date of birth, and from what I could pick up, itâs May 16th. Is that correct?
Hi Mr. Wiseman, I hope youâre having a good day and wouldnât mind answering some questions?
1. How many Earth days was a year on Krypton before its destruction?
2. How many hours was a day on Krypton before its destruction?
3. How old was Rao when it exploded?
4. How many light-years was Krypton to Earth?
5. What was the population of Krypton before its destruction?
6. Are devourers originally from the Phantom Zone, or were they put in there?
7. Is the name of the Kryptonian language (the one spoken by Lor-Zod) called Kryptonese?
8. What type of god was Rao revered as?
9. Was the name of said religion Raoism?
10. When did Lois Lane and Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman marry?
11. When did Lois find out Clarkâs secret about him being Superman?
Considering that Kyle Rayner is the fourth human to become a Green Lantern in the comics, does that mean he is the fourth Green Lantern in the Earth-16 universe mentioned by Orin to have joined the Justice League in Season 4 of Young Justice; even though Kyle Rayner hasn't actually been mentioned by name yet?
Just want to start off by saying that I LOVE Young Justice. There was a time in my life where it helped me out of a dark place.
1.) So, according to a couple of articles online, HBO Max has NOT renewed for any more seasons... Does that mean that YJ has been cancelled again or will it be making it's way to a different platform?
2.) Are Eduardo and Bart canonically gay or is that just fan theory? I have read things where they are and other where people say they're not... I figured asking you directly would be best so there is no confusion.
3.) Have you ever read any of the YJ fanfiction?
#1. In the Earth-16 universe, does the Soultaker katana does exactly what it is named for; taking the souls of those that have been killed by it?
#2. How and when exactly did Lady Shiva learned about the Soultaker katana? Her conversation during her fight against Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro) implies that she wanted the weapon in her possession for a very long time.
Hello Mr. Weisman, long time fan of your work I just wanted to say first off.
My actual question is that since Gargoyles existed in all the other parts of the British isles, with Scotland seeming to have a particularly large number of clans, would the just as mountainous Wales have had a large Gargoyle population once with multiple clans living there? I just remember you saying Gargoyles preferred high cliffs and mountains and Wales sounded like it would have been a perfect place for a large Gargoyle population before humans got them.
What do you think of Edgar Allan Poe?
Hey Greg, i know this doesnât necessarily only apply to the YJ show as it also applies to the comics and to Marvel, but what is the Earth-16 in-universe explanation for how the Justice League/superheroes seem to have the technological capability of travelling interstellar distances across the Milky Way Galaxy but regular humans/Earth governments/space agencies seem to be in the same place technologically as we are in real life when it comes to space travel and exploration? i noticed that in the first episode of Season 4 we saw a glimpse of the Curiosity rover on Mars, which is actually what led me to ask this question. why arenât there already human colonies on Mars or on other celestial bodies in the solar system or even outside the solar system when humanity on Earth-16 clearly seem to have the technology that would allow them to do so?
of course this is assuming that Earthâs governments and space agencies on Earth-16 are in the same position technologically as us in real life but if thatâs genuinely the case, then why is that compared to the Justice League/superhero community?
To clarify, Iâm not asking about specific dates.
1. Was Kaldur ever in the closet, or are sexualities other than heterosexuality considered so natural/accepted in Atlantean society that he was never in the closet at all when he was younger?
2a. Was Ed ever in the closet?
2b. Was Harper Rowe ever in the closet
3. For the character you canât specify as gay, were they in the closet when they joined the team?
4. As you probably already know, Tim came out as bisexual in the comics, but Iâm guessing that wasnât part of your initial plan for him when you created the show. Do you consider Tim bi now on Earth-16 (since it also doesnât affect his relationships with Cassie and Steph)?
5. Thank you for including diversity (LGBTQ and otherwise) into the show! Many of us really appreciate it!
1. Why did Garfield and Superman leave Mars and not stay to help investigate Superboy's death or at the least confront M'comm since at the time, everyone believed he was to blame for Superboy's death?
2. Was there any reasons for their departure?
3. How long did they stay on Mars before returning home to Earth?
4. Why did they not stay to further comfort M'gann in light of the fact she just lost her fiance?
1) Is Black Mary able to transform back into her normal human form (assuming that she has a choice and is not being prevented from doing so by others like Granny Goodness), or is she now stuck in this form?
2) Hypothetical question now so I imagine you might not answer, but I'll try anyway. If Black Mary were to transform back into Mary Bromfield and then say "Shazam!" *after* that, would Mary have a choice (or any control whatsoever) regarding whether she would end up in her Black Mary form or her white Sergeant Marvel form? Basically I'm asking whether Mary could choose (*by herself*) to take the white costume form over the black costume form, or vice versa.
(If the answer to question 2 is yes and Mary *could* make this decision somehow inherently, I imagine that there would possibly be criteria such as her state of mind (i.e. whether she intends to do good or do evil), but I don't want to get into her state of mind as I don't want to overcomplicate the above questions.)
#1. Is it more accurate to say that Kal-El and Kara Zor-El are identified as paternal cousins OR paternal first cousins?
#2. Would Lois Lane be identified as Kara's paternal cousin-in-law?
#3. Would Jonny Kent be identified as Kara's paternal first cousin once removed?
#4. Would Kon-El be identified as Kara's paternal genetic cousin; given that Kon-El is the half-clone of Kal-El?
If Jor-El and Zor-El are truly Kru-El's paternal cousins in the Earth-16 universe, then would that mean that Kal-El and Kara Zor-El are Kru-El's paternal second cousins?
TRUE OR FALSE?
#1. Lara El's father, Lor-Van, is the maternal grandfather of Kal-El and the paternal great-uncle of Kara Zor-El.
#2. Alura El's father, In-Ze, is the maternal grandfather of Kara Zor-El and the paternal great-uncle of Kal-El.
#3. Alura El is the mother of Kara Zor-El and the paternal aunt of Kal-El.
#4. Prior to her marriage to Jor-El, Lara El's unmarried name was Lara Lor-Van. Likewise, prior to her marriage to Zor-El, Alura El's unmarried name was Alura In-Ze.
#5. Because Kal-El's father (Jor-El) and Kara Zor-El's father (Zor-El) are brothers, Kal-El and Kara are considered paternal cousins in each other's point-of view.
#6. All relationships that Kal-El and Kara Zor-El would have with other family members of the House of El outside of their respective immediate families are considered to be the paternal side of the family.
#7. Kru-El is the paternal cousin of Jor-El and Zor-El in the Earth-16 universe because Kru-El's father and Jor-El's and Zor-El's father are brothers.
#8. The name of Kru-El's father is Zim-El.
Based on what happened in the post-credits scene in the Season 4 mid-season finale of "Young Justice: Phantoms," it appears that Granny Goodness has likely somehow been keeping watch on Mary Bromfield for quite some time; presumably from the moment she stopped becoming Sergeant Marvel up to the conclusion of the Zatanna story arc in Season 4. She likely somehow observed that Mary had a power addiction problem and likely determined that Mary was a potential candidate to become a member of the Female Furies if she took advantage of Mary's problem. Once a heartbroken Mary left Zatanna's team due to being excluded from the Doctor Fate rotation, Granny Goodness spoke to her telepathically and filled her head with lies; thus causing Mary to succumb to her temptation and turning her into Black Mary. Is my interpretation of Granny Goodness' involvement in Mary's turn into a supervillain correct?
In the comics, I believe that Barbara Gordon is able to walk again thanks to some kind of neural implant surgery. As such, why hasn't that option been explored yet for her in the Earth-16 universe?
#1. When exactly did the Earth-16 version of Stephanie Brown became aware of her father's criminal activities, and what was her reaction to this revelation?
#2. Where had Stephanie Brown been living after she ran away from her father? This question refers to both BEFORE she was captured by the Reach and AFTER she was rescued by the Team (but presumably BEFORE becoming Spoiler).
#3. Where has Stephanie Brown been living AFTER becoming Spoiler? Was it any better than where was previously living?
I have a few questions about Atlantis and the characters from Kaldurâs arc.
1. How old is Rodunn?
2. Is there a reason why Laâgaan wears a pouch on his ankle or is it just a style choice?
3. Did the purists (Wyynde, Chian, MâChiste) have to serve prison time for their crimes in season 1?
4. Were Wyynde, Chian, and MâChiste the ones who attacked Topo?
5. Do the Atlanteans worship Greek/Roman gods or have they evolved a different pantheon altogether?
In the Earth-16 universe, is Alfred Pennyworth the legal guardian of Bruce Wayne?
In the comics, the names of Stephanie Brown's parents are Arthur Brown (father) and Crystal Brown (mother); their marital status is identified as divorced. Is this also true in the Earth-16 universe?
After the events of Season 1 of "Young Justice," did Bane eventually find out Batman's secret identity and broke his back; like in the comics? If true, when exactly did that happen in the Earth-16 timeline?
Since the Earth-16 version of Batwoman did not become a hero until 2016, I have tried to guess as to when the Earth-16 version of the events of "Catwoman: Hunted" most likely happened in the timeline and I have three possibilities in mind:
#1. It could have happened at any point during the two-year period in-between Seasons 2 and 3; aside from the January 2018 flashback from Season 4 that took place at the United Nations.
#2. It could only have happened during the one-year period in-between Seasons 3 and 4; since she temporarily resigned from the Justice League and was working as a member of Batman's team during the events of Season 3.
#3. It could have happened at almost any point off-screen during the events of Season 4; since Batwoman only appeared in the flashback that is set in early 2018, and she was also NOT present at Superboy's and Miss Martian's wedding. This also account for Child's attack all around the world; meaning the events of the film could only have happened at some point before or after the incident occurred. Additionally, Talia al Ghul had only appeared in two episodes of Artemis's story arc, and she didn't appear for the rest of Season 4.
As such, my question for you is this: Which one of these three points in the Earth-16 timeline that I presented above is correct for which the Earth-16 version of "Catwoman: Hunted" likely takes place? Please also explain as to why whichever point you choose is the one that makes the most sense to you.
1) What are your thoughts on Lilith Clay (Omen)?
2) Was she on your list of 70+ young heroes that you originally considered for inclusion in Young Justice?
3) If you were to introduce her, would you perhaps change some elements of her story? (For example, she's close friends with Donna Troy in the early comics, but Donna is Troia in YJ and might never have had a civilian life in man's world, so the two might not have met in YJ.)
4) Do you have plans to use Lilith Clay in any possible future seasons of YJ?
If Wonder Woman and Troia are both princesses of the Amazons of Themyscira, then which one becomes the queen in the event that their mother (Hippolyta) dies?
TRUE or FALSE?: The Earth-16 version of Themyscira
#1. Themyscira is a unitary sovereign city-state and archipelagic island nation.
#2. Themyscira is a segregated nation of women governed by "Aphrodite's Law," which declared that the Amazons would be immortal as long as no man sets foot on their island.
#3. Themyscira's location is undisclosed; as a security measure, the island can shift its location over both land and time, remains undetectable from the perspective of any outside observer, and as soon as anyone leaves the island, they forget its location.
#4. Themyscira is the theocracy and capital city that serves as the Amazonians' government.
#5. All Amazons in Themyscira are adept at a discipline called "bullets and bracelets" in which they can deflect bullets fired at them using the chain bands on their wrists.
1. Does Batman ever call James Gordon "Jim" in the Earth-16 universe?
2. Since James Gordon learned that his daughter was Batgirl in 2014, what was his initial reaction once he realized the truth? I also assume that he and Barbara had some kind of heart-to-heart discussion about the reasons for her decision to become Batgirl before he (presumably reluctantly) gave her his permission/blessing to allow her to continue her heroic career as Batgirl?
3. After Barbara Gordon was paralyzed by Cassandra Wu-San, did James Gordon ever (wrongfully) blamed Batman and the other members of the Bat-Family for the incident? Did he ever blamed Cassandra Wu-San for hurting his daughter?
You said there were thousands of Chaos and Order Lords and that the Chaos Lords are spread all over the universe. Since the Lords of Order don't like sending one of their own, are there other people like Doctor Fate out in the universe, or is sending an emissary instead of a Lord of Order an Earth thing only?
1. Was the Earth-16 version of Troia sculpted out of clay as an infant on Themyscira; just like her sister, Wonder Woman (Diana)?
2. In the Earth-16 universe, where exactly is Themyscira located on Earth?
1. What was Wendy Harris' initial reaction after she figured out at some point between 2016 and 2020 that many of her friends were actually superheroes? In fact, HOW exactly was she able to figure it out in the first place?
2. As of 2020, what is the current status of the relationship between Marvin White and Wendy Harris?
How old is the Earth-16 version of Lightning Lad (Garth Ranzz)?
Since Bart Allen's father (Don Allen) and mother (Meloni Thawne; presumably) were not seen in the Reach timeline in 2056, does that mean they likely died at some point between 2043 and 2056?
When Damian Wayne was first introduced in the comics, it was eventually revealed that he was genetically perfected and grown in an artificial womb, and was intended to become formidable warrior. In the current continuity of DC Comics, Damien was conceived during a brief fling between Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul (when they were both young adults), and then after Damian was born, Talia used the extensive scientific resources of the League of Assassins to inorganically speed up Damian's aging giving him the physiology of a ten year old in less than five years.
However, in the Earth-16 universe, it APPEARS as though Damian's birth is a natural one; without any kind of genetic manipulation whatsoever. As such, was Damian's conception a direct result of Bruce and Talia truly (and briefly) getting back together, or was it a result of Talia's manipulations against Bruce in order to get herself an heir to Ra's al Ghul's legacy? Finally, is the Earth-16 version of Damian also identified by his other name, Ibn al Xu'ffasch (which means "Son of the Bat" in Arabic)?
1. When did Lois Lane first started working at the Daily Planet?
2. When did Clark Kent and Lois Lane first met, and what was their initial impressions of each other?
3. Does Lois Lane ever (occasionally) call Clark Kent by the nickname "Smallville" like in the comics?
4. When did Clark Kent finally told Lois Lane the truth that he was Superman?
5. When and where did Clark Kent proposed to Lois Lane?
6. On Clark and Lois' wedding day, who was their best man and maid of honor, respectively?
1. In regards to the Collector of Worlds and Brainiac-5, why are their species identified as Coludroids instead of Coluans in the Earth-16 universe; even though their homeworld is Colu?
2. Is there some kind of connection/relationship between the Collector of Worlds (Vril Dox) and Brainiac-5 (Querl Dox) in the Earth-16 universe? If so, does Brainiac-5 acknowledges the Collector of Worlds as Brainiac-1?
3. How old is the Earth-16 version of Brainiac-5?
Hi Greg! I had a question about Garfield Logan and Jason Todd. Garfield mentioned how he mourned Jason, were the two close before Jason's death?
Hi Greg, this is Paulo again, I wanted to apologize for not asking these two questions before, but I hope you can answer these last questions of mine about the series:
3 - Why doesn't Martian Manhunter use his Telekinesis as often as his niece?
4 - Can the Martian Manhunter (and Martians in general) transform into big monsters? Could Martian Manhunter transform into a 30 meter dragon for example? Or a 5 meter tall alien/martian beast?
Arc 5 "Rocket" Ramble
Another really great arc for me. Loved Rocket, loved the family angle, loved the way the New Gods were handled, I liked seeing Lor-Zod and his team as sort of an "anti-team", the Metron stuff was great, I LOVED the Green Lantern stuff, it pretty much single-handedly got me to watch the entirety of the Green Lantern Animated Series, and that was good too so. All around great arc.
I love the take on some of the New Genesis stuff here. This is sort of a difficult subject to incorporate because it's been done quite a few times before, and I think very successfully in terms of the Superman: The Animated Series. The New Gods mythology also requires a *plethora* of lore and exposition. I watched this with my cousin, who knows very little about the New Gods. And he was a little confused, we watched the Superman: The Animated Series episodes featuring Orion & Apokalips & Darkseid, and they opened up their New Gods storytelling with the Mother Box showing Superman a little short infotainment video about the history of Apokalips & New Genesis and I think that helped a bit.
Not a big issue for me, though, all things considered. I've honestly always liked that Young Justice doesn't hold hands about arcane comic lore, a lot of it is pretty easy to just infer from visuals and personalities. White-haired man dressed like a shepherd is good, man with fiery eyes who looks like he hangs out in hell is bad. It all works.
M'Comm continues to kind of be an issue for me. I feel like he hits a weird spot. He's not sympathetic or humanistic enough for me to sympathize with him, and he's also not really outright vicious enough for it to be much fun when he gets taken down. He just leaves me feeling kind of ambivalent unfortunately. And I really *want* to like him. Having said that, I thought his dynamic with Lor-Zod and Mantis was great. Lor-Zod makes a good impression, I think the character was a *little* young for Phil Morris's baritone, but he does a great job with the character.
I can't quite remember which arc had the Superboy stuff where, so I'll just talk about it now. I really liked this for Superboy. This was a cool way to introduce the Phantom Zone prisoners, who have been a bit hokey as far as villains go over the years. They're kind of weirdly archaic in theory. Mostly because they're so associated with Terrence Stamp's portrayal from the second Superman film I think. Beyond that, what do you really do with a team of all-powerful supervillains who want to conquer the world. Well... this. I love the use of cult imagery here, the song is great. I love how Superboy is seduced by Zod, Zod is genuinely persuasive and compelling.
Superboy's mindset is also really clear here and it works really well.
Rocket is another character here who's just kind of like a catalyst or sort of centrepiece for this wacky outer space story about near immortal gods and aliens and space ships. I'm kind of, of two minds on her arc really. To an extent. On the one hand I like how sort of normal her arc is. She's just struggling with life. She's a single mom, trying to co-parent with her ex for a kid who has particular needs that she doesn't necessarily understand. And the opening scene really just sets up that she's not good at it. The closest thing she has to a moment of crisis is that a subway station is closed and it upsets her son.
I LOVE it, because it's so normal. There is no dramatic impetus, there is no light switch that Raquel needs to flip to become a good mom, she's going to go back and keep living her life, but maybe now she'll have a better attitude, some perspective, a bit more understanding of her situation because of her experiences. It's simple, it's nice. But because it's not very dramatic, there's no real engine to drive her story here. There's no clear arc necessarily. It's just kind of a bunch of stuff that happened. Which, as I've mentioned before, I'm really fine with. There's enough other things going on to make up for it.
Orion I liked a lot. I'm sort of unfortunately comparing it in my mind with other versions of the character (in this case, the Superman:TAS/JL/JLU version played by Ron Perlman), which isn't fair, but there's a lot to like about this version honestly, so it's not like he compares badly anyway. I think there was a tone to the New Genesis characters in the DCAU where they felt sort of grand and elegant and truly super-heroic. The boom tube effect in that show was pure white, and it always felt like rays from heaven or something. And the characters themselves felt like characters out of a bible cartoon or something. And they have a lot more grit in Young Justice (and to be fair *everything* has a lot more grit in Young Justice). It's not worse by any means, just different. In regards to Orion, from my limited understanding of Autism I don't think interpreting Orion as an autistic character is even a stretch frankly. He's a lot more brusque in Young Justice than he's been in other shows I've seen him in, but the sort of core of the character is still very much there. Also I'm a sucker for a story where a character overcomes their mental health struggles. Maybe that's not the right terminology or framing exactly, but when a character who has mental health struggles succeeds. It's nice to see.
The Green Lantern episode we got was so cool, as I said it got me to watch the entire series that was based on. This is one of the episodes which felt refreshing because it was such a stand-alone story. I watched it, it was satisfying, it didn't leave me feeling ambivalent. And I sort of missed those strong self-contained stories a bit with this season. Even if it was setting up Metron and some other elements for other stories. Also Razer was a total smoke-show. That's not really substantial, or important, but it made watching the episode more fun.
I was a *bit* surprised Dee Bradley Baker was playing Tomar-Re when he was played by Jeff Bennett in GL:TAS and Jeff Bennett has been a major cast member in YJ as well, but Dee Bradley Baker was cool and I suppose Bennett may have just been unavailable or there was some good ol' cost-cutting double-casting going on with Baker.
Oh, and the Foragers... I'm indifferent. It was cute. Reciting Shakespeare with third person pronouns was cute. I really liked that femme Forager became a Green Lantern. That was a cool surprising twist.
I think that's everything. It was great. Thoroughly enjoyed watching all four episodes.
In regards to the Earth-16 version of The Shade, is his real name Richard Swift; like in the comics? Also, if his physical appearance is the biological equivalent of a 48-year old human male, then what is his actual age?
Will Season 5 of "Young Justice" introduce us to the Earth-16 version of the Outlaws; a group that is led by Red Hood (Jason Todd) in the comics?
Hi Greg, I was wondering if Icicle Jr is a meta-human.
Will Scott Menville & Hynden Walch voice another Animated Superhero Couple & Mento & Elasti-Woman again in The 5th Season of Young Justice?
Hey Greg, when did the red hooded ninja join Raâs group on Infinity Island?
Hey Greg! I read that you and Denys Cowan developed a Rocket pilot back in the day. I was just wondering, were there any specific choices or details about it that sticks out in your mind?
Hope you're doing okay. Really looking forward to the new Gargoyles comics coming from Dynamite later in the year.
Anyway, I was browsing the archives and noticed this little tidbit...
I realize this is like three and a half decades after the fact but do you remember anything about the other four Transformer springboards you and Cary pitched back in '86?
Hi Greg, big fan of Young Justice, hope we get another season!
I was wondering, what are Kaldur's responsibilities as Atlantean Minister of Justice?
Hi Mr. Wiseman, I hope you can answer some questions I have, most of them are about Krypton. Sorry if youâve heard it before or if itâs repetitive.
1. Is Faora Hu-Ul from the House of Ul, and the crest she wears the insignia for that house?
2. Is Jax-Ur from the House of Ur, and the crest he wears the insignia for that house?
3. Is Vor-Kil from the House of Kil, and the crest he wears the insignia for that house?
4. Why doesnât Non wear a crest, was he disowned by his house?
5. How many planets orbited Rao before it exploded? What planet was Krypton?
6. Is Rao a black hole now or a stellar cloud?
7. Did Krypton have any moons, and if so how many?
8. Was Lara Elâs maiden name Lor-Van?
Thanks for sharing the other Hercules premise with us. I got a kick out of Cassandra having a Pollyanna-like sister (the name alone made it clear that Pollyanna was an inspiration for her), and Hephaestus almost visiting a Pompeii-like fate on Greece.
As I understand it on Earth-16, J'onn J'onzz was accidentally transported from Mars to Earth in 1955. Since he was stranded on Earth for decades, did his family and the rest of the Martian people initially assumed that J'onn was dead? If true, when did J'onn finally get into contact with his people to let them know that he was actually still alive?
A "Young Justice" question I've wondered about a bit and finally decided to submit. In "Secrets", you featured allusions to both "Beowulf" (the Sword of Beowulf, complete with Grendel's arm for its scabbard) and Cain and Abel (I recall one of the locations in the episode was called "Abel's House of Secrets" - which definitely matched Harm's great evil deed being murdering his sibling).
In the original poem "Beowulf", Grendel is described as one of the descendants of Cain (who was punished for his murder of Abel by having his children be monsters); did this inspire the allusions to both "Beowulf" and the Cain and Abel story in the same episode? Or is it just a (neat) coincidence?
Thanks for sharing with us that "Hercules" premise you wrote. I can see why it didn't get made; I can imagine someone in the Disney administration being a bit nervous about Biblical characters (the originals, rather than namesakes) - if from the Old Testament and not directly religious ones - though I recall an episode of "Pinky and the Brain" which also featured Samson and Delilah (complete with the "jawbone of an ass" incident). I got a smile at the original Goliath showing up in the story, too (a bit early from the point of view of Biblical chronology, but then, given that the "Hercules" animated series often had people from Greek mythology and classical Greece, such as Pericles and Herodotus, as contemporaries....).
#1. Apparently, some rude individual had posted a message to you asking you to delete all the questions that I have been anonymously giving to you. I honestly find that person to be utterly disrespectful simply because of the fact that they feel that I posted a lot of questions recently (as of the time of this posting). If you truly feel that I have pestering you with my questions, and if I've somehow gotten you angry, I apologize.
#2. In your responses to certain postings, you previously claim that you needed to do some research in order to be able to answer specific questions (such as the full names of the characters). Now, if I recall correctly, there is a source book called "The DC Comics Encyclopedia," and the first version of that book came out around 2004. Three updated versions of it came out in 2008 ("The DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded"), 2016 ("The DC Comics Encyclopedia: All-New Edition"), and 2021 ("The DC Comics Encyclopedia: New Edition"). If I also recall correctly, I believe in the cases of all editions of "The DC Comics Encyclopedia," the publisher of these books is identified as Dorling Kindersley Limited (branded as DK). If could offer one important key piece of advice to you, it would be this: I would recommend you get all four editions of "The DC Comics Encyclopedia," and then keep getting new/updated editions of it whenever they come out. If you follow this advice, it might end up being quite helpful to you in the long run when trying to stay up-to-date with information regarding the DC Comics Universe.
Are Barbara and Dick still in a relationship as of season 4 of Young Justice?
This has been bugging me for a while. When Conner's hair burnt off in the lava, I noticed it's roughly the same place where Phantom Girl placed her hand when she sent them both into the Phantom Zone in order to save his life. Did Conner's hair burn off because Phantom Girl placed her hand on that part of his head or was it really just the lava?
1. Previously you said Black Canary and Static have secret identities despite not wearing masks, with the reasoning being along the lines of âitâs like Clark Kent and Superman/we want them to look like their comics versions/you just sorta have to roll with itâ (sorry if that misrepresents what you really said).
With some exceptions, like Jaime being outed by the Reach or Garfield being green, is this generally true for all the public heroes who donât wear masks? For example, would the general public not realize that Ed and Cassie are El Dorado and Wonder Girl?
2. Additionally, do characters with publicly well known identities who donât wear masks not have secret identities? For example, does the general public know that âZatanna Zatara the stage magicianâ is the same person as âZatannaâ of the Justice League?
3. How do the public superheroes without secret identities deal with the fame?
4. Since the Light already knows who all the heroes are (even the ones on the Team) at this point, is the use of code names mostly out of habit/tradition or just to protect them from common criminals (or both)?
Hey Gregâ"hope this finds you well. Had a Gargoyles question and some Spec Spidey questions.
1. Now that Gargoyles is coming back in comic book form, do you have new ideas that you didnât think of back when you were working on the SLG comics that you plan to incorporate into the new series? Not asking for what they are.
2. Why didnât Curt Conners test the Lizard formula on a rabbit or mouse like in the comics and other versions? It just seems a bit out of character for Curt, as a scientist, not to test the formula on another animal and to use himself as the only Guinea pig?
3. Did Curt know that Electro juiced the Lizard serum? I know he eventually found out since he basically shot down Warren in season 2 when he recommended using electricity for mammalian DNA. If he did know, again I wonder why didnât he especially test the serum.
Hope you are well. Recently introduced Gargoyles to my best friend after he loved Spectacular and heâs really into it. Deadly Force really impressed him. Cheers!
Hello so I love wyynde and kaldur they are such an amazing couple I love them more than anything they were there for me when I needed something to stay they gave me a reason I suffered through a lot of suicidal thoughts it was really bad but when I watched young justice and i saw wyynde and kaldur it made me feel so much better so if we get a new season of young justice do you think we would see more of them together
Seriously, would you consider deleting/ignoring these types of questions from @Anonymous? Itâs ridiculous.
â1. Why does the Earth-16 version of Lois Lane retain her maiden name even after she married Clark Kent?
2. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Tim Drake, his first name is actually Timothy, and "Tim" is his nickname, correct?
3. Shouldn't Jonathan and Martha Kent technically be identified as Jonny Kent's paternal adoptive grandparents; since Jor-El and Lara El are Jonny Kent's paternal biological grandparents?
4. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Beast Boy, his nickname is "Gar," correct? Also, is his father's name Mark Logan?
5. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Cyborg, his nickname is "Vic," correct? Also, is his mother's name Elinore Stone?
6. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Black Lightning, his nickname is "Jeff," correct?â
I know none of these questions on the queue are âimportantâ in the grand scheme of things, but there are so many questions from someone who doesnât have the common sense to know what a grandfather is or that Vic is a nickname for Victor (even though itâs in the show). When there are a ton of other people waiting months for an answer and only a few questions are answered per week, itâs crazy to have so many questions asking âis X a cousin of Y? Does that mean Y is a cousin of X?â
1. In regards to the Earth-16 version of the Penguin, is his name Oswald Cobblepot?
2. Is the Penguin's middle name Chesterfield?
1. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Lois Lane's mother, is her name Elinore Lane or Elenor Lane. Also, regardless of what the correct version of her first name is, is her first name nicknamed "Ella"?
2. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Kate Kane, is Thomas Wayne her paternal uncle?
3. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Kate Kane's mother, is her name Gabrielle Kane? Also, is her first name nicknamed "Gabi"? Finally, is she Bruce Wayne's maternal aunt?
4. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Kate Kane's twin sister, is her name Elizabeth Kane? Also, is her first name nicknamed "Beth"? Finally, from Elizabeth's point of view, Bruce is her PATERNAL cousin, and from Bruce's point of view, Elizabeth is his MATERNAL cousin, is that correct?
5. In regards to Kate and Elizabeth's relationship in the Earth-16 universe, are they identical twins, or is one older than the other? If the latter, who is the oldest twin?
Hi Mr. Wiseman, I hope you have time to answer my questions.
Weâve seen the Kryptonians like Dru-Zod, Ursa Zod, and Faora Hu-Ul wear those suits and I have to know, are those prison clothes due to the Phantom Zone being used as a prison, and if so does that mean all the Kryptonians that were in the Zone wore those similar outfits?
How many Kryptonians were in the Zone before the Light took them?
1. Do you consider Icicle Jr. to be a romantic? He loves romance and wants to find true love for himself. That and he's probably the 1# Supermartian shipper
2. When M'gann got back to Earth, how did Artemis help her deal with Conner's death? Since she's been through this before when she lost Wally, Artemis was obviously going to be there for her in every way possible and can you give us any specifics? I'm asking since we never saw them interact in season 4 (sadly I might add).
3. How does Jonny Kent feel about having M'gann as his aunt and do they have a good relationship with each other?
4. Did M'gann ever go to visit the Kent farm in Smallville too?
1. How many of Miss Martian's brothers and sisters are older than her? Likewise, how many of Miss Martian's brothers and sisters are younger then her?
2. Since Miss Martian has an extended family of 300 cousins, how many of them are from her paternal side of the family, and how many or them are from her maternal side of the family?
Now that Samuel Lane (Lois Lane's father) is acknowledged to exist in the Earth-16 universe, that means in terms of relationships...
A. ... he is Clark Kent's father-in-law.
B. ... he is Jonathan and Martha Kent's brother-in-law.
C. ... he is Jonny Kent's maternal grandfather.
D. ... he is Jor-El's and Lara El's brother-in-law (despite the fact they are both deceased; meaning that Samuel Lane would never be able to meet them).
These relationships should all be correct, right? Did I miss any other familial relationships that Samuel Lane might have with other Earth-16 characters? Finally, is Samuel Lane's nickname "Sam" in the Earth-16 universe?
1. Why does the Earth-16 version of Lois Lane retain her maiden name even after she married Clark Kent?
2. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Tim Drake, his first name is actually Timothy, and "Tim" is his nickname, correct?
3. Shouldn't Jonathan and Martha Kent technically be identified as Jonny Kent's paternal adoptive grandparents; since Jor-El and Lara El are Jonny Kent's paternal biological grandparents?
4. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Beast Boy, his nickname is "Gar," correct? Also, is his father's name Mark Logan?
5. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Cyborg, his nickname is "Vic," correct? Also, is his mother's name Elinore Stone?
6. In regards to the Earth-16 version of Black Lightning, his nickname is "Jeff," correct?
This link below explains who Leonardo Lane is in the mainstream DC Comics continuity.
He is a recently new character in the comics who appeared in 2021. Now, I am NOT asking you whether or not he exists in the Earth-16 universe; I'm just hoping I was able to clear up any confusion you might have had, since you previously mentioned that you knew nothing about him.
Can Barry and Bart vibrate people or objects fast enough to phase through objects, or can they only phase themselves through objects? Can the two of them phase through other people as well?
(Also are there any mods who can stop the same person from asking so many obvious spoilers and name-related questions from clogging up the queueâ¦)
When will the Earth-16 version of Tim Drake eventually take on the costumed identity of "Red Robin," like his Earth-0 counterpart did in the comics (after the apparent death of Bruce Wayne; as depicted in "Final Crisis")?
Did the Earth-16 version of Dick Grayson had any family members on his mother's side of the family? If so, what were their names?
Has the Earth-16 version of Jason Todd ever been addressed by the nickname "Jaybird" prior to his death?
If the Earth-16 version of Kara Zor-El willingly joined the forces of Apokolips as a member of the Female Furies (as opposed to being brainwashed; like in the comics), is it correct to assume that her decision is most likely influenced by the fact that she had spent over 40 years in the Phantom Zone and she had most likely completely succumbed to the Zone-Sickness; which was likely far worse for her (assuming this is due to her own youth and inexperience) than what Superboy himself had suffered (since he had been trapped in the Phantom Zone for MONTHS; whereas Kara had been trapped for YEARS)?
The reason why I previously asked you if the full name of the Earth-16 version of Bruce Wayne is "Bruce Thomas Wayne" is because in the DC Rebirth continuity, Bruce's full name was revealed in "Batman" issue #20; the fifth and final issue of the "I Am Bane" story arc. In the end of that issue, Bruce's full name was addressed by his mother (Martha Wayne) when he had a vision of her. And yet, when I previously asked you about Bruce's full name being the same in the Earth-16 universe as it currently is in the comics, you yourself said, in your exact words, "Not necessarily." If you require proof, look on the link here below.
With me now presenting some form of evidence this time around, I'll ask you once again: In the Earth-16 universe, is Bruce Wayne's full name "Bruce Thomas Wayne"?
In a previous posting, you explained how Kryptonian naming conventions work in the Earth-16 universe. As such, how do Thanagarian and Martian naming conventions work in the Earth-16 universe for males and females, and married and unmarried?
First off, I'd like to say Gargoyles was a big part of my childhood, and still is to this day. The mature content for a younger audience, cast of Star Trek alumni, and Shakespearean aspect truly got me interested in Shakespeare from a young age. My question is as follows.
1) I'm an avid storyteller in the midst of writing his first novel. My story has many different races from many different mythologies. I'd like to include Gargoyles in my story but I don't want to copy you. I have too much respect and appreciation for your creation and its characters. My question is it OK to have gargoyles in my story?
2) Also have them come alive? Or living period?
3) Not to ask your process, everyone's different but what would you recommend I do so not to copy you but have them be warriors, rulers, politicians, scholars, etc.? A living race of gargoyles in the middle is part of my overall story.
Let me know and look forward to hearing from you.
You bring up your background as a Jewish/atheist every time someone criticizes the way you portray Islam in your showâ¦Iâm curious as to why you havenât shared any aspects of the culture and religion youâre actually familiar with in the same way? To be honest, the way you talk about Muslims comes off like exploitation and fetishization rather than a genuine interest in the topic when you donât explore Judaism the same way. You had Kate Kane right there.
Hola Greg, sorry if this questions are too annoying or large
1) In the war world episode I get that Dick needed to remain behind to coordinate the squads but how come Aquaman remained behind? Even if you go by the "Aquaman sucks outside water" line of thought I'm sure he would've been more useful than say, Mal.
2) I get the impression that M'gann has soft spot for young boys like Garfield, Cullen and maybe at some point Dick. Is it because they remind her of her past bond with M'comm? Could she eventually view little Johnny on a simmilar light
2.5) How would you say was M'ree's relationship with her a'ashenn younger siblings as a child?
3) As I understand the martian's super strenght comes from channeling their telekinesis inwards alongside their density control, and I get the impression that J'onn is the most physically powerful living martian. Does that mean his telekinetic abilities are equally powerful? (I think it would make sense given how M'comm's specialty seems to be shape shifting while M'gann's is telepathy)
4) Did M'comm at some point like Earth tv? It would explain his penchant for earthling snark (or are those just universal)
5) I get that they're technically equals but when Barry and Billy were transporting bad guys to prison it gave me some of the same vibes as the other sidekicks with their proteges. Considering that Billy never had a mentor of his own, does he see the other leaguers as such? Is Barry specially tight with him due to reminding him of Wally?
6) Is Conner attracted to M'gann's martian form? Because I think it would make sense given how she doesn't look that weird compared to the cadmus genomorphs that basically raised him.
7) How would you describe Klarion's relationship with Vandal? His "best friend's dad" (ergo something of an uncle), perhaps?
8) Could a martian get pregnant with another race?
9) Could you tell me which of younger heroes (say of the generation introduced since second season) are currently attending college? If so would it be a spoiler to ask about their majors?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the Black Racer (who is the physical manifestation of an aspect of Death that was captured by Darkseid; as depicted in the current DC Comics continuity)?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the DNAngels; a trio of genetically engineered female US government agents whose members consists of Cherub (a clone of the combined DNA of Superboy and Tana Moon), Epiphany (a clone of the combined DNA of Superboy, Wonder Girl, and a third unknown individual), and Seraph (a clone of the combined DNA of Superboy and an unnamed African American woman)?
Are the following below TRUE or FALSE about the Earth-16 version of Wonder Girl?
#1. Zeus' siblings (Hera, Hades, Poseidon, Hestia, and Demeter) are Cassie's paternal aunts and paternal uncles.
#3. Zeus' children (Hephaestus, Apollo, Artemis, Athena, Dionysus, Persephone, Hercules, Hermes, and many others) are all Cassie's paternal half-siblings.
#4. Any and all children of Zeus' siblings are Cassie's paternal cousins.
#5. Cronus and Rhea is Cassie's paternal grandparents, and Ouranos and Gaea are Cassie's paternal great-grandparents.
#6. As the daughter of Zeus, Cassie could theoretically be more powerful than Wonder Woman, Troia, and all the other Amazons in Themyscira; assuming Cassie ever utilizes her full power.
#7. When Cassie learned of her paternal heritage, her initial reaction could only be described as "mind-blown."
I would like to know, what do the star spawn look like?
Earth-16 Character Wish-List for Season Five:
The Signal (Duke Thomas)
Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
Mother Panic (Violet Paige)
Nyssa al Ghul
White Ghost (Dusan Al Ghul)
Mara al Ghul
Artemis (Artemis of Bana-Mighdall)
Red Arrow (Emiko Queen)
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Green Lantern (Simon Baz)
Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
Godspeed (August Heart)
Reverse-Flash (Eobard Thawne)
Harley Quinn (Harleen Quinzel)
Punchline (Alexis Kaye)
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the Gotham City vigilante known as Mother Panic (Violet Page)?
I just want to say that I love Lagoon Boy's relationship with Coral and Rodunn. I support their marriage and they are all very happy, but I've just got to ask. Was it rather hard for La'gann to be involved in a three person relationship, considering his previous love triangle with M'gann and Conner. I know a love triangle is different compared to polyamory, but did he have any doubts about this relationship, fearing he might end up heartbroken after what happened before?
Also can I just point out the irony of it all. In season 2, he was involved in a love triangle with 3 people and by season 4, he is in a 3 person marriage.
Did Lagoon Boy blame Superboy for Miss Martian breaking up with him and if so was that the main reason for Lagoon Boy's old grudge against Superboy or was there more to it?
Are there any deleted scenes from the season 4 finale that you wanted to include but didn't?
1. When did Vandal Savage start using his current name "Vandal Savage"?
2. Would Ra's Al Ghul martial arts ability be on the level of Sensei, Lady Shiva, Black Canary and Batman assuming they are the top martial artists? I only ask because relatively recent media have shown him being defeated rather easily. With the caveat that anyone can win any fight based on the situation would Ra's Al Ghul be up there? Or is he like King Arthur in the Gargoyles universe and has his skillset towards leadership?
3. In Young Justice Legacy why didn't the Light use Icicle Sr. over Icicle Jr given the latter's... well inconsistent success?
I've been curious ever since the wedding, but since Icicle Jr. attended Miss Martian and Superboy's wedding aren't the heroes concerned that he might reveal to the other villains that the couple lives in Happy Harbour, not to mention he saw a lot of the heroes there too, some of them unmasked or members of their families like Clark Kent and the rest of the Kents!!!!
To clarify as to why I've been asking you certain questions (such as the full names of the Earth-16 characters, and paternal and maternal relationships of certain characters in the Earth-16 universe, for example), it is because I've been trying to make comparisons between the Earth-16 versions of characters and their mainstream DC Comics counterparts, and I try to see what they have in common. I usually look into the DC Database Wiki when I make comparisons, but most the mainstream versions of the DC Comics characters on the Wiki are between two sets of character pages; identified as New Earth and Prime Earth in parenthesis after their real names. Character pages with New Earth refer to those histories prior to the massive continuity changes which are a result of the 2011 DC Comics comic book event, "Flashpoint." Character pages with Prime Earth refer tho those histories after Flashpoint from 2011 onwards; even then, further events like DC Rebirth and Infinite Frontier have changed continuity in the mainstream DC Universe and making it similar to what it was prior to "Flashpoint."
So like I said before, the whole point of me asking those specific questions is because I was making comparisons and was trying to find what the characters from BOTH the mainstream DC Comics universe and the Earth-16 universe have in common. But it has been extremely difficult because some things end up being spoiler territory (Jason Todd and the Red-Hooded Ninja, for example) and some things you seem to absolutely refuse to commit to (Bette Kane's full name and exact nature of her relationship to the rest of the Kane family, for example). I mean, if there are certain things about the characters that are TRUE in BOTH the mainstream DC Comics universe AND the Earth-16 universe (full names, specific events/circumstances, familial relationships, etc.), why can't we have direct answers to certain questions from you if they are most likely true?
Hello Mr. Weissman, I've been a big fan of your work since Gargoyles.
1) Are the New Gods literal gods or just really advanced aliens?
2) Since YJ all takes place in a single galaxy as opposed to the entire universe as in the comics: is there life outside the Milky Way galaxy?
3) When were these characters born:
4) When was the Green Lantern Corps first established?
5) What is the difference between Zeta Tube teleportation and Boom Tube teleportation?
6) Did Vandal Savage and Ra's Al Ghul know each other before the modern Light was formed?
Hey Greg! Huge fan of Young Justice! My questions are:
1)How long is the probationary period for a new GL?
2a)Was a young Green Lantern like maybe Kyle Rainer or Jessica Cruz ever discussed by you and Brandon for being a member of The Teamâs starting lineup?
2b)Why did you ultimately decide to not have a GL on The Original Team?
3)In your original Season 3 plans, before the show was canceled, was Kaldur going to be Aquaman after the timeskip?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Wayne Enterprises:
#1. When was the company first formed in the Earth-16 universe?
#2. What are the names of corporate branches and subsidiaries of the company? Please provide some examples if all of them cannot be named.
#3. Is Bruce Wayne the chief executive officer (CEO) of the company?
#4. Who is the chief operating officer (COO) of the company?
#5. Who is the chief financial officer (CFO) of the company?
#1. If Orphan (Cassandra Wu-San) moved into Wayne Manor in 2018, does that also mean she became Bruce Wayne's fourth legal ward? The reason I am asking this question is because I remember in the comics (prior to the massive continuity changes in the aftermath of Flashpoint) that Cassandra Cain became the adopted daughter of Bruce Wayne.
#2. Even though Orphan's vocal cords are damaged by her own mother, that does NOT necessarily mean that Orphan will NEVER be able to speak, am I correct?
#3. Does Orphan know who her father (David Cain) is? If not, what is the reason why she does not know about him?
#4. Is Orphan's nationality considered to be half-American, half-Chinese; even though she uses her mother's surname (Wu-San)?
#5. Did Orphan's mother trained her in the following martial arts listed below?
Leopard Style Kung Fu
Dragon Style Kung Fu
Dim Mak (An ancient form of martial arts where you strike vital points of the opponent's body causing paralysis, intense and prolonged pain or death.)
What is the interaction between Static and Rocket like In Earth-16?
They are both characters from DC Milestone.
How old is Young Justice's version of Razer as of Team Year 10?
I know you've said you don't like placing the show into any specific years, and in fact did relatively recently (as far as me asking this) say that we'll call Season 1 "Team Year Zero", but I've also noticed that sometimes you'll refer to events taking place before the show with the year it happened. For instance, you once said that Stephanie Brown was born in 2003 (https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=21664).
Doesn't that sort of mean you have to somewhat define the years the show takes place?
In the comics, Bette Kane and Kate Kane were revealed to be cousins after the events of the 2005-2006 comic book storyline, "Infinite Crisis." However, the Young Justice Wiki establishes that Kate and Bette have an unknown relation to each other. As such, if they are not paternal cousins (considering that they share the same last name; suggesting their respective fathers are brothers) like in the comics, then what is the exact nature of their relationship to each other?
PS. Despite your inability to commit to any information regarding Bette, I am of the personal belief that Kate and Bette are indeed paternal cousins. In the Earth-16 universe, Kate was born in 1991, and Bette was born in 1995; as such, that's only about a four-year difference between them. I'm also imagine that, as such, Bette was pretty close to Kate and most likely looked up to her and spent time with her; like in the comics.
1. what origin story does earth 16 Jason Todd have the one that is the same as Dick Grayson Or the one were he got caught trying to steal the tries from the bat-mobile
2. Since we have Virgil Hawkins were is his best friend Richie Foley and if he does exist is he or will he become Gear
TRUE or FALSE?: The Earth-16 version of Jason Todd
#1. Prior to becoming Robin, Jason was a street orphan.
#2. Jason first encountered Batman while he attempted to steal the tires off the Batmobile in Crime Alley.
#3. As Robin, Jason was prone to defying orders, sometimes to success and sometimes to failure.
#4. Jason being prone to defying orders occurs both whenever he works alongside Batman and whenever he works alongside the other members of the Team.
#5. Jason being prone to defying orders is part of the reason for his death.
1. Are Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown boyfriend and Girlfriend?
2. Who will be Cassie Sandsmark's love interest now that she is broken up with Tim Drake?
3. Who is the fourth Green Lantern? (I understand if this is a Spoiler)
How did Conner feel about the fact that he was mostly naked for almost the entire fourth season?
I'm so excited for the new Gargoyles comics coming from Dynamite! I had a weird question cross my mind today, but I figure it's unlikely you know this answer, but: why did Disney license Gargoyles out to another company when they own a comic publisher already?
Are the following relationships correct? If not, please explain why.
Wally West's Relationships:
Rudy West (father)
Mary West (mother)
Barry Allen (paternal uncle)
Iris West-Allen (paternal aunt)
Don Allen (paternal cousin)
Dawn Allen (paternal cousin)
Bart Allen (paternal first cousin once removed)
Don Allen's Relationships:
Barry Allen (father)
Iris-West Allen (mother)
Dawn Allen (twin sister)*
Bart Allen (son)
Rudy West (maternal uncle)
Mary West (maternal aunt)
Wally West (maternal cousin)
Dawn Allen's Relationships:
Barry Allen (father)
Iris-West Allen (mother)
Don Allen (twin brother)*
Bart Allen (nephew)
Rudy West (maternal uncle)
Mary West (maternal aunt)
Wally West (maternal cousin)
Bart Allen's Relationships:
Barry Allen (paternal grandfather)
Iris West-Allen (paternal grandmother)
Don Allen (father)
Dawn Allen (paternal aunt)
Wally West (paternal first cousin once removed)
Rudy West (paternal great uncle)
Mary West (paternal great aunt)
*I do not know who is the oldest of the twins; please confirm who it is.
What state is Metropolis located in the Earth-16 universe?
Hey Mr weisman my favorite scene in Young Justice Outsiders are the children of the Justice League .it was funny , lighthearted and very interesting.it like the Rugrats of superheroes in the DC universe.
Are you going
YJ spinoff or expand it with more seasons in the future.
Hey Mr.Weisman,one question to ask you please:
Do Lois and Iris have complicated pregnancy while having superhuman babies inside their wombs?
For the team, Alpha Squad, Beta Squad, Gamma Squad, etc is pretty self-explanatory. I know the Outsiders have animal-themed names for the squads (Raptor Squad, Gorilla Squad, Mongoose Squad), but I have some questions about the names:
1) Do these squads have rankings like the team squads do? Or are the names based on their function (âRaptorâ for the group doing espionage high in the sky, âGorillaâ for guerilla warfare/all-out attack, âMongooseâ forâ¦I donât know)
2) If my first question is correct then what does âMongooseâ mean in this context?
3) Is it correct to assume that the names are inspired by Beast Boy when he was the leader of the Outsiders?
4) Does the JL have squad names as well?
Thank you! Hoping to see more YJ in the near future!
Just seven questions. Okay, if they aren't all answered and apologies if you've answered them before.
1) I know you're not really confirming Designations anymore but judging from how the B designations were handed out (and you said in the past that the Outsiders used B designations until they were given the D post-Season 3) does B-34 belong to El Dorado/Eduardo Dorado Jr. and B-35 to Cyborg?
2) Did the families of the Justice League and the associates end up with A designations post-Season 2, judging from Lian (A-28) and Amistad (A-29) getting them?
3) Will we ever see Freddy Freeman/Lieutenant Marvel? If not, is it possible to know what he's up to these days with Billy and Mary (until she joined Granny Goodness)?
4) Did Tim Drake/Robin and Cassie Sandsmark/Wonder Girl break up over the events of Season 3 or did they just break up and feel better as friends?
5) Was the birth of Damian and whatever is going on with the Red Hooded Ninja and his connection to Jason Todd (either the resurrected Jason or a clone, either/or I await that story with interest) a factor into Bruce's behaviour and decision to create the Anti-Light operation? If anything, I see it being personal for Bruce to what the Light did to not just the Justice League but presumably to his own family.
5) Is Kyle Rayner active as a Green Lantern? And is Tai Pham a part of the Earth-16 universe? I was hoping for a team-up between him and the SuperSons before they awkwardly in my opinion aged up Jon Kent.
6) Are the E designations in relation to the Justice League reserve discussed by members in Season 4?
7) How close are Tim and Stephanie as of Season 4? Friends or colleagues or perhaps starting to become more? Also, did he recruit her and train her before she did something stupid?
#1. Between the events of "Young Justice: Phantoms" and "Young Justice: Targets," did Superboy attended at least one mandatory therapy session with Black Canary in order to discuss his post-Phantom Zone mental state and to determine whether or not he was ready to rejoin the Outsiders (which he obviously did)?
#2. If we ever see Match again in a future season of "Young Justice," is his voice likely going to become more distorted; given his current mutated/deformed-looking condition?
#3. Lian Nguyen-Harper addresses Oliver Queen as "Uncle Ollie." Does she addresses Dinah Lance as "Aunt Dinah," assuming Lian knows abut Oliver's and Dinah's relaitonship?
Hi Mr. Wiseman, I hope you're available to answer some of my questions.
1. You said Kryptonian males hyphen their names, but why doesn't Non have his hyphenated? Was he disowned by his house?
2. How old is Dru-Zod (both chronologically and physically)?
3. Who was older, Jor-El or Zor-El?
4. Was Krypton's capital Kandor?
5. Is Kryptonite radioactive debris from Krypton's destruction or something else?
Dear Mr Weisman 1.How long has Courtney Whitmore been hosting Star girl (the series not her alter ego) and has she ever worn a baseball cap during any out of costume intervewes or any other times when not in costume? 2. what does Miss Whitmore plan to Study as her collage major?
I have 3 questions about Outsiders/Phantoms that I doubt are answered or spoilers:
1. If you have them, would you please share the Designations of League members between Aquamen 2 and 3? I know Steel is 36, but no others!
2. I am also kind of dying to know which Green Lantern joined the League before La'gaan, Alan Scott? Kyle Rayner?? Jessica Cruz??? I had a dream she and Simon Baz did back in 2016...I think haha
3. In Invasion's episode Darkest, Tommy Terror had a youthful appearance, but by Outsiders' episode True Heroes, despite retaining his muscle mass, Tommy's teeth have spread to include gaps, his cheeks have sunken in with wrinkle lines below the eyes and above the mouth...what happened? He's supposed to be 26!
If the Earth-16 version of Superman had been sent to New Genesis instead of Earth, what kind of person would he have grown up into, and what would have been his role in New Genesisian society? Also, would he have likely gained different Kryptonian powers under New Genesis' sun (assuming that each yellow sun in every solar system in the Earth-16 universe works differently)?
True or False in the Earth-16 Universe?
Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic because their powers occurred as a result of a natural phenomenon (under a yellow sun), rather than anything supernatural. This means that magic affects them the same way it affects anyone else; they'd be just as vulnerable to it as normal humans are.
In the comics, Bane has a partial clone/"daughter" who goes by the name of Vengeance. Does a version of this character possibly exists in the Earth-16 universe? If true, is it also possible that the Earth-16 version of Bane does not yet know of her existence?
In the issue #5 of the seven-issue limited series, "Flashpoint Beyond," the Joker's real name was revealed as Jack Oswald White. In that issue, the Flashpoint version of Martha Wayne (who is that universe's version of the Joker) learned this information from Psycho-Pirate (Roger Hayden) before she killed him; she wanted to know about the differences between the Flashpoint universe and the mainstream DC Comics universe. With this major revelation about the Joker's true identity in the comics, does that now mean that Jack Oswald White is also the real name of the Earth-16 version of the Joker as well?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of the Kryptonian High Council, how many members did it consists of, and what were the names of its members?
The Young Justice Wiki states that Jason Todd took on the mantle of Robin, joined the Team, and died under unknown circumstances; all within the year of 2013. Assuming each of these three events occurred separately within that year, which exact month did each of these events took place? Also, in regards to Jason's death, I fully understand that you are likely NOT able to reveal the exact details/circumstances, but there is ONE thing that I strongly feel that we need to know for absolutely certainty: Was the Joker directly involved in Jason's death? I just need a yes/no to that particular question; not the how/why.
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Batwoman:
#1. When exactly did she come out as a lesbian?
#2. When exactly did she find out that her cousin, Bruce Wayne, was Batman?
#3. Before she decided to become Batwoman, what was her originally intended career path?
#4. Is her father, Colonel Jacob "Jake" Kane, currently aware that she is Batwoman? If so, how exactly does he feel about his daughter becoming a vigilante?
#5. In comparison to what is shown in the comics, what exactly happened to the Earth-16 versions of her mother (Gabrielle "Gabi" Kane) and her twin sister (Elizabeth "Beth" Kane)?
#6. Who are her previous and current love interests in the Earth-16 universe, and how long has she been in a relationship with each of them?
Using the link provided to you below, and looking at the "Kane Family Tree" diagram on that page, I would like you to please answer the following questions for me in regards to the Earth-16 version of the Kane Family in comparison to the version from the mainstream DC Comics universe.
#1. In the generation of the Kane family consisting of Martha and her four brothers (Nathan, Phillip, Jacob, and Bette Kane's as-of-yet unnamed father), what is the order of oldest to youngest sibling in the Earth-16 universe?
#2. What are the names of Bette Kane's parents in the Earth-16 universe; despite the fact they have not yet been named in the mainstream DC Comics universe?
#3. In your responses to previous postings regarding Bette Kane, it is only known that she has an unknown relation with both Martha Wayne and Kate Kane, and you do not seem to want to commit to anything beyond that. HOWEVER, if her place in the Kane family tree is the same as in the mainstream DC Comics universe, then that should mean that all her relationships with her other Kane family members outside of her own parents would be considered PATERNAL, correct?
#4. Even though he is not listed in the Kane family tree, is the Earth-16 version of Damian (son of Bruce Wayne and Talia al Ghul) considered to be the PATERNAL FIRST COUSIN, ONCE REMOVED of Kate Kane and Beth Kane (Kate's twin sister, and Jacob Kane's other daughter), and the PATERNAL FIRST COUSIN of Bette Kane? If not, then what are the three women's correct relationships with Damian in the Earth-16 universe?
I'm obsessed with the fact that the Al Ghuls sat back, looked at each other, looked back at the Light/the rest of the world, then decided to peace out to form a ninja commune on scenic Infinity Island, where they have daily ninja meditation drum circles and probably have access to amazing seafood. (And have taken it upon themselves to rehab the red hood(ed) ninja.)
What motivated this drastic change in lifestyle? Damian? Ra's getting saved by Artemis? A mix? Spoilers?
Thank you, sir!
If the Kaizer-Thrall could open up Boom Tubes (via Father Box or Mother Box) to another dimension like the Phantom Zone, then why did Lor-Zod need the Phantom Zone Projector?
If the full name of Earth-16's Bruce Wayne is NOT Bruce Thomas Wayne, then what is his actual full name?
I have recently read your response to my posting in regards to Bette Kane.
My question to you is this: Why are you NOT able to commit on the information regarding Bette Kane?
The point of my previous posting to you was because I am curious as to how much the Earth-16 version of Bette Kane has in common with her mainstream DC Comics counterpart; from both her pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) and post-Flashpoint (Prime Earth) versions of herself. Essentially, I was simply trying to understand her place in the Kane family tree and her exact relationships to the rest of the members of her family. I mean, you have previously mentioned that she is related to Martha Wayne and Kate Kane, but what about Bruce Wayne and his son, Damian?
If the Earth-16 version of Bette Kane has some kind of relation to Martha Wayne and Kate Kane, does that also mean that Bette has some kind of relation to Bruce Wayne as well?
Arc 4 review! (Kaldur's story, so episodes 14-18 I think)
So I LOVE this arc. I love the Atlantean lore, I love the storytelling, I love the characterization and I love the way time is used.
I've always loved this version of Kaldur and Atlantis. I like it so much that when I rewatched Justice League (and Unlimited) this year, I liked their version of Atlantis & Aquaman so much solely because of how well presented they were in *this* show. Maybe that sounds weird, but it's true.
So this story to me, more than anything despite being "Kaldur's arc" is really a story about Atlantis. Kaldur is the pivotal character, the POV character, the hero who (kind of) saves the day, but it's really a story about the fate of Atlantis, and who should rule it. It's also, forgive me for putting it this way, but it "makes up for" the sort off-handed way Ocean Master got dealt with in season 3. In a really cool way. It wasn't really necessary, but I like it.
I love the way time is used in this arc. The fact that we start before the start point of arc 3, but then we cut to a few weeks later halfway through this arc is really cool. I also really love the mystery of the Return of Ocean Master. I cannot remember what I thought at the time, I don't know if I put much thought into it, and really only a clone is what makes sense. Well, I guess there're other things that make sense, especially since the Light transplanted the real Orm's brain into a new cloned body. So I suppose the sky's the limit on what the light is capable of.
I suppose one could think it a cheat, a way to bring back a character. But firstly, Orm's death wasn't like a super impactful thing that I feel like it undermines some important emotional moment. I think it only makes the Light seem more devious, that not only would they have their enforcer behead Orm, but they'd keep his brain around to use later for their own ends. So I don't think it's a cheat.
I really do like the way the show will find new ways to use old concepts. So the Light making new clones to develop even more insidious plans than it did before.
The Orm clone was a lot of fun too, and I really liked all the scenes between him and Orin. In fact, I LOVED all the Orin scenes in this arc in general. Orin sort of working out all of his issues with his brother, through his clone and giving clone-Orm a chance to have a different fate. I also like the way the Arion stuff from arc 3 (which seemed interesting but a bit superfluous at the time) and really uses it well here. The scene with the Tiara could be seen as a bit of a cliche, ala the Nazis opening the arc of the covenant, or really any story where an arrogant mortal man abuses the power of god, but it's such a triumphant moment I really don't care.
David Kaye does a really good job making Arion and Vandall sound like different people. I really get a strong sense of who Arion was in general.
The only REAL complaint I have about the arc is the lack of Mera. And that's not because I love Mera and think she needs to be more important, but just because the storytelling and the plot are really built around Mera. And in the end while making her Queen is both logical (i.e. it makes both her father and her husband happy) and is narratively satisfying with the prophecy angle, to a degree I wish we got more of a sense of what *she* thinks is going on, but she's really just a mouth piece for a prophecy, which I find less satisfying than I would like. It didn't hurt the story or the storytelling, and certainly Mera comes across as competent and heroic through out the story; but that's my minor quibble for the episode. I would have liked to have seen more of her perspective.
Kaldur's arc, which is something I think a lot of people kind of took umbrage with; I'm honestly totally fine with. Not wowed by it, but it's fine. It's honestly not really that important to the story because ultimately as I said, it's a story about *Atlantis*. And I've never really understood what it would add for Kaldur to have some lesson, or some theme, or have some transformation. Kaldur's whole thing is that he's *steady*. He's reliable, he's a good leader, he's a good mentor, he approaches problems and situations logically. By the end of this story, he's just worn out, he's just been working too hard and everyone is telling him to take it easy.
It's fine. I think "he's just *too stoic and capable*" is kind of a weird conflict to give a character because I think it's a tough thing to make relatable or to provide some dramatic tension. Kaldur really isn't showing any signs of fraying until the story's over, when he has his break down. And that's tragic and heartbreaking, but it comes a bit late in the arc to be emotionally effective I think. Again, I don't think this detracts from the story, but it feels like the sort of thing that maybe would have been more dramatically effective at the midpoint of the story. I'm not sure. I think it might have worked better, but I also don't think it's something Kaldur needs.
I think it's totally fine that Kaldur is just consistent and reliable. Seeing a bit of humanity and weakness at the end was fine too. I really don't see the problem with any of this. Like yeah, if I was breaking the story down using Saving the Cat or something I might say it's a weak arc for your main character, but I've really never bought into the idea that the character who transforms or changes or goes through the mud has to be your *main* character necessarily. It's okay for your lead to be steady, and for *another* character to go through that dramatic transition.
In this case I think it's Atlantis at large, and to an extent Orin/Arthur who really go through that transition. And it's super effective, as I mentioned above I *love* all the Orin scenes in this arc. I love the bit where the Sharks are circling like his muscle. I loved seeing Orin as a detective. It's all just really, really cool.
I really liked the epilogue with Vandal and Dr. Fate too. This is a sort of story archetype I'm seeing more and more (at least it was a big part of Toy Story 4 of all things --...and Mad Men). Where a male character who is used to being the decider discovers that things are kind of moving on from him, that the world maybe doesn't need him to take risks and make big decisions for it. I like it a lot, and I think it's very well placed here. And very thematic too, with Orin's arc in the story. Even Kaldur's arc really.
I think that's everything, I usually forget something I wanted to mention but I think that's everything.
Alex (or Aldrius)
In the current iteration of the mainstream DC Comics continuity (Prime Earth), Deadshot has two daughters, Zoe and Suchin; the former goes by the vigilante codename, Liveshot, and is an archer. As such, do both of Deadshot's daughters also exist in the Earth-16 universe?
I sincerely hope that Kara and Mary will not be the only two members of the new generation of Furies. I personally think there are other female DC Comics characters we haven't seen yet on Earth-16 who might also work out as potential recruits for the Furies. However, I will refrain from making any suggestions to you just in case you've already figured it out on your own.
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Ultra-Humanite:
#1. When he was originally a male scientist, what was his original name? Also, did he have any family at that time?
#2. What was the name of the woman whom he transferred his brain into, and did that woman have any family? Also, what happened to the woman's body after Ultra-Humanite's brain was transferred into the albino gorilla, Tolifhar?
#3. Why did Ultra-Humanite come up the brain transfer process in the first place? Was it because he wanted to cheat death and live forever? Or did his original human body suffered from some kind of terminal illness in which there was no cure?
How much of old school works like hamlet have influenced your work. Also how did Pete come up with his web fluid and shoters. The Netflix reshow got me thinking ð'on this.
did zatanna attend college?
What kind of support did Em'ree give M'gann when she came to Earth? I'm sorry to see that we didn't see more of Em'ree and M'gann during the latter half of Phantoms? Was it a hard adjustment for Em'ree being on Earth and whatever happened to her after the wedding? Did Em'ree go back to Mars after Season 4 or did she decide to continue living on Earth and if so is she still living with M'gann and Conner or has she moved out and found a place to live in Happy Harbour?
1. In the months when M'gann thought Conner was dead, how she did handle their anniversaries
*they got engaged
*when they first met
*getting back together
What did she do during those days and what did everyone do to help her during those rough times?
2. On the Team's 10 year anniversary, how did they spend the day? Were they altogether and if so did they do anything special to honor it, especially considering it was also the same day they met Conner and were still mourning him? It had to have been an extremely painful day for everyone. Rescuing Superboy was the Team's very first mission together. He was the reason they were altogether and the fact he was gone, really had to be extremely painful for everyone.
Is Bart Allen a person with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
One question and I hope it wouldn't offend you:
Why make Halo middle eastern and Muslim in Young Justice?
Denise Boutte once in an interview referred to Lynn Stewart-Pierce as "Doctor". Does this stand true in the YJ Continuity?
how in regards to bart s2, how much does he know whats going on/plan for?
for instance, losing the fight to nightwing and robin and did he know mal was going to be there right then?
did he know aqualad wanst really a traitor and artemis was alive?
how much was he winging of his "change the past" plan, how detailed was his knowledge prior to traveling back in time?
Did Gar know his mother was Lesbian/Bisexual?
Why didn't you give Conner and M'gann a reunion kiss in the last episode of season 4 after the battle ended or was their wedding kiss also serving as their reunion kiss and if so did they want that way to make it more special since it was their first kiss since being reunited together?
In an effort to restart the investigation since the case ran cold, did the original team or justice league ever ask Miss Martian access to her memories on the days leading up to Conner's death?
1. Who attended the lighting ceremony of Superboy's memorial hologram aboard the Watchtower aside from Dick and Kaldur?
2. When M'gann went to visit Conner's memorial for the first time, did she go by herself or did the entire original team go with her for support? Also were any members of the Justice League, Team or Outsiders also present to offer their support to Miss Martian and show their respect to Superboy?
3. Why did Bear wait to so long to offer his sympathizes for Conner's death considering how close they were?
4. What are the favourite Disney films of the original team members and why?
Has Black Lightning taken Livewire under his wing as his protege like Static?
Will you guys have Mgann be called Mrs Martian instead of Miss since she officially married Conner?
How come Tye, Asami, and Arsenal never went to the Harvest Festival that was being held at the Meta-Human Youth Center during the episode "Illusion of Controlâ?
Hey Greg! I have been in the Gargoyles fandom for at least a few years, and I've got a question about something almost everyone I've talked to in the fandom, including myself, believe in, and I'm curiousif it's true. Do Gargoyles purr or at least have the ability to do so?
Hi Greg I'd like to ask just two questions: 1) Can Shazam shoot lightning from your hands? I've never seen him do that at any point in the series? 2) Is Superman the Physically Strongest Hero on Earth - 16? Sorry for my english, I'm from Brazil :)
1. Why did Superboy go with Miss Martian to the Hall of Justice to interrogate the Krolotean in Alienated? What was the point of it since he didn't/couldn't really stop her from abusing her powers or what she did the alien?
2. By season 3/4, does M'gann look back in disgust over how she was in season 2? How she acted, everything she did and especially everyone she hurt? She was the WORST version of herself in season 2. How did you about her storyline in that season?
What year did the team stop having den mothers in the cave (if they ever did)? Did they stop using den mothers when some of the older members (like Kaldur) became adults, or when the JL felt like the team could operate mostly independently?
I'd assume the productions of both YJ and the Green Arrow short were happening simultaneously, so I wonder when Perdita was created. Is she original for YJ or Green Arrow's showcase? Has Brandon had any hand in her creation?
Just for clarification, the Earth-16 versions of Hawkman and Hawkwoman do NOT have the ability to reincarnate after they die (just like their comic book counterparts); am I correct? As such, that would also mean they were also NOT members of the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron?
In the Earth-16 universe, when did Hawkwman and Hawkwoman first arrived on Earth? Please give an exact date (mm/dd/yyyy), if possible.
Since Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, and Chameleon Boy were finally able to go home to the 31st century in the Season 4 finale, will the technology from that time period be able to repair the burn damage on Phantom Girl's right hand?
Regarding this ask https://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=26325
Does yoir answer mean that Jade was still with Roy in YJ Legacy? Because you said that the main reason Jade left him was that she found out she was pregnant and he couldn't focus on them. But here you're saying she fled the Shadows because she realized she was pregnant. Something is not adding up. Does that mean that she left Roy (for whatever reason), joined the Shadows again, AND THEN found out she was pregnant and left them? I apologize if this question comes out as rude. I just want some clarity regarding this topic.
In a flashback, the Outsiders fought against Kobra near a radio tower, but there were no specifics as to where this fight took place on Earth. If this happened somewhere in the United States, can you please give the specific location? Also, can you please tell us what exactly led up to the fight in the first place (because I want to know how the Outsiders found out what Kobra was up to)?
So in a previous response you said "No, there aren't two bodies per character, with one in storage, as in Miracleman. Their bodies are transformed magically when they say, "Shazam!". But when asked about whether he would need to get two cure chips for both Billy and Captain Marvel or just giving Billy one would do the trick, you said "I'm sure they took no chances.". So did the team and justice league give him two cure chips to ensure no possibility of mind control despite only having one would do the trick simply out of paranoia. Can you explain this, I am having a little doubt whether to think of Captain Marvel and Billy as the same physical body or is it more the magical augmentation will also have the control chip in it even after the form disappears. Basically is the health and physical state of Billy Batson(fractures, mind control or just the flu) influence his Captain Marvel form(Captain Marvel having a fracture for instance) and vica versa.
Assuming Jason's personality is the same in the Earth-16 universe as it is in the comics, was he brought into the Team by Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson in the hopes that learning how to be a team player and making friends with others around his age would help get Jason to simmer down on his anger and violent tendencies? Did it actually help Jason to some degree; even though he ultimately died? Also, given his personality, did Black Canary had to talk to Jason a lot in comparison to the other young heroes, and did that frustrate her at times?
If Wonder Girl's father is Zeus in the Earth-16 universe, does that mean all of Zeus' siblings are Wonder Girl's paternal half-aunts and paternal half-uncles, all of Zeus' children are Wonder Girl's paternal half-brothers and paternal half-sisters, and all the children of Zeus' siblings are Wonder Girl's paternal half-cousins?
#1. At the time when he first encountered the Justice Society of America, what was Vandal Savage trying to do, and how did the JSA managed to defeat him?
#2. Aside from Vandal Savage, what other dangerous supervillains did the JSA encountered before they eventually disbanded?
Did Superboy spend much time in Smallville? I got the implication he and the Kents were pretty familiar. Is his connection to Clark as his "brother" known to people outside the team/family?
Arc 3 "Zatanna" ramble
So, this arc is strange to me. In a good way. Lately I've sort of been trying to think of arcs and stories in terms of a core dramatic question. What is the story asking? And what is the answer? Normally to my observation the question is usually asked by the end of the halfway mark of the story, with the answer coming at the end. In some form or another.
This arc is strange because it answers the question before it's even really been properly asked.
So in effect, this story is a Dr. Fate story I think. That was the strongest element to me, that was the most important part, it was certainly the one I actively cared about the most (it's really an arc that's been going on since near the beginning of season 1). The dramatic question as such, is "are Zatanna's students worthy to take up the mantle of Dr. Fate?". But that question isn't *really* asked until the very end of the story after they've dealt with Child. And by that point the question has already, very clearly I'd say, been answered. They are. (except for Mary)
So I really like that element of the story structure, that it sort of works in reverse. Really different.
The Chaos Lord stuff just isn't really my thing, I think is what it comes down to. I like the primordial element, I like the reinterpretation of Klarion, but the body horror and the smug ageless child thing isn't my taste. (It's possible Black Lagoon ruined it for me, though.) But I do really like the mythic elements here, the need for a familiar, the way different familiars manifest. I even sort of like the idea of the Lords of Order and Chaos holding court (sometimes with one another). And I think it's cool that Vandal Savage sort of solved the problem through diplomacy. Though I think his argument was a bit obvious (though I guess it wasn't to the Lords of Chaos).
The mindscape stuff in the middle of the arc was a bit odd to me. Mindscapes have always been a Weisman classic, so I wasn't particularly surprised to see them here. These were pretty effective and at times creepy, but I kind of wish we'd gotten this information in a more traditional way. I think the main thing that threw me off here was the placement of them. They sort of come in the middle of the action, when things are extremely desperate, It's an odd time to take a break to do some character development. In fact the whole pattern of the arc is odd to me. It's almost constant rising of stakes, and then when things are at their most intense, we sort of wander off to focus on some down time. Either meeting Jason Blood, or Dr. Fate, or the stuff with Klarion and the bus.
Then there was the stuff with Zatara. Now, I think partly the purpose of the stuff with Zatara, or my impression of it was to make Zatara less of a prop. Zatara potentially could be nothing more than an objective for Zatanna. She's got to rescue her nice, but unremarkable father from despotic forces. I think that's a good intention, but again came in at an odd time in the story. It also sort of muddled the through line of the storytelling in a way I wasn't the biggest fan of.
Because ultimately, while I think I'd argue it is a Zatanna, Dr. Fate Zatara story, I'm not sure it's important to really understand Zatara beyond the fact that Zatanna cares about him. And I don't really begrudge the storytelling that indulgence, I'm not an essentialist the way some people are, but I just think this story already has so many characters and subplots going on it winds up just being another layer to contextualize and care about and the show is already asking a lot. It didn't need to work this hard to make me care about Zatara, or to explain Zatara. I already care about Zatara and Zatanna.
The religious elements too, I think I'm not sure what to think of. I'm not a religious person, and Christianity in particular makes me very uncomfortable. So the shot of Nabu and Zatara facing off with an Ankh and a cross behind them made me chuckle a bit. Just because it reminded me of a narmy 70s comic cover (was it based on a cover actually?). But I think religion is a *very* big topic, and it's hard to kind of compartmentalize in this sort of story. Like, for me, what's important about Khalid's story isn't his relationship with magic, or with god, but his relationship with his mother. Which there isn't time or space to explore because of how ambitious this arc is. So it kind of just gets boiled down to him feeling pressure to choose something, and him deciding he doesn't have to choose. And I wish we got more context for that. Though there's an obvious irony in him being pressured into becoming a doctor and ending up as doctor fate, obviously. I'm less enamored with that now a few months later than I was when I watched it, but I still appreciate it.
One other thing I wanna comment on, because I've seen this criticism that this isn't really Zatanna's story. Which I suppose is true. I've seen this idea put forth by a lot of youtubes and film critic-type people, the idea of sort of the want/need and the core narrative of a character. Like because Zatanna doesn't transform, or learn something, or realize an unrealized need it's not her story. She knows what she wants at the beginning of the arc, and she knows how she wants to get it. And things just kind of... fall into place after that and she gets what she wants, the story wouldn't really have been that different if Zatanna had just knocked on Dr. Fate's door and had a conversation with him about cycling hosts. Which means perhaps the story is less dynamic and connected than it could be, but I don't think that's a *problem* necessarily.
Because ultimately the transformation is Dr. Fate's. This is a story about Dr. Fate. And I think that's good. Your P.O.V. character or protagonist doesn't necessarily need to be the character to whom things are happening.
It's interesting because I think this is also *very* reflected in Kaldur's arc.
I've rewritten this like 4 times to try and make it sound as constructive and not negative as possible, and I think I failed miserably at that, but there *is* a lot I liked about this arc. It's generally stuff that's just... always good, though. The characters are well drawn out, the conflicts are endearing, the story's creative, the global scope was impressive. It wasn't petty, it felt like everything was consequential. I still love this show's take on doctor fate *a lot*. I liked that we got a resolution to the Dr. Fate arc that started so many years ago.
So... yeah, I liked it. The Kaldur arc was my favourite of the season, though, so I'm looking forward to writing that ramble.
Spectacular Spider-Man is one of my most favourite shows and it sucks it only got 2 seasons. I read online that you wanted it to have 5 seasons so how come it got cancelled and is there any hope of it getting at least 1 more season ?
1) Does the supervillain named Metallo exist in Earth-16?
2) Does the female supervillain named Giganta exist in Earth-16?
3) Does the alien supervillain named Sinestro exist in Earth-16 and was a former member of the Green Lantern Corps who went rogue and became one of their enemies?
4) Does the supervillain named Solomon Grundy exist in Earth-16?
5) Does the supervillain named Tar Pit (Joey Monteleone) exist in Earth-16?
6) Does the Supervillain Team called the Royal Flush Gang exist in Earth-16?
Going through the "Unanswered Questions," I noticed that there are a few people who are getting things mixed up with the possible relationships between Bruce Wayne and his other family members in the Kane family tree in Earth-16 universe. To settle the matter once and for all, can you please confirm if the following information below is correct?
#1. From Bruce Wayne's point of view, his maternal cousins are Kate Kane, Beth Kane, and Bette Kane. His maternal uncles would therefore be Jacob Kane (Kate's and Beth's father) and Bette's unnamed father.
#2. From Kate Kane's and Beth Kane's point of view, their paternal cousins are Bruce Wayne and Bette Kane. Their paternal aunt would therefore be Martha Wayne (Bruce's mother), and their paternal uncle would therefore be Bette's unnamed father.
#3. From Bette Kane's point of view, her paternal cousins are Kate Kane, Beth Kane, and Bruce Wayne. Her paternal aunt would therefore be Martha Wayne (Bruce's mother), and her paternal uncle would therefore be Jacob Kane (Kate's and Beth's father).
I have a question about Young Justice's "Endgame."
1. Why didn't Hawkman say something to defend Shayera? Idk it just seems kind of out of character for him not to say anything at all.
Does superboy feel responisble for garfield's beakup with up with queen perditia after all garfield believe he cause conner to die ?
This isn't really a serious question and I hope this wouldn't be something too spoiler-y, but since returning to 1997, have Brooklyn and/or Gnash ever sat down whenever a new show/episode comes on for the first time saying that it's a classic much to Lex and Broadway's confusion like the Marty McFly meme?
I remember the statement that Mars has an overpopulation issue. Approximately how big is the Martian population in 2020(a.k.a. Team Year Ten)?
If something were to happen to deathstroke would lady Shiva become the head of the shadows?
Hey Mr. Weisman.
I just wanted to let you know that I am going to keep on giving my support to save Young Justice.
Is Nightwing related to the Crownes on Earth-16?
Hi, Greg. I'm from Brazil, so, sorry for any misspelling (English is still my second language and i speak, listen and read more than I write). A few questions after watching season 4 of Young Justice:
1- Tim and Steph looked very cudly on the wedding scene. Was that an indication that they're together now?
2- If Ollie is broke since season 1, how did he still used all those trick arrows? The League? Bruce? I'm considering its something expensive and that i can't just buy on a regular sporting goods shop
3- I remember Rocket talking about Orion as Darkseid's child. Since there wasn't any (at least seen) conflict between the heroes and Darkseid, do they know about him because of the conflict at the orphanage? They've been doing some digging? Reports from the GL Corps? I assume they know everything about Granny Goodness, at least, and there was that conflict in Season 1 involving Desaad, but i could be forgetting something and don't believe any Darkseid loyalist would rat on him
Those were the questions. Thank u for your time. Hoping for a season 5 and, if not, that whatever new product you develop be as awesome as spectacular spidey, gargoyles and YJ (just need to finish gargoyles on Disney Plus)
1. In the House of El family tree, Kal-El and Kara Zor-El would be PATERNAL cousins because their respective fathers, Jor-El and Zor-El, are brothers. However, what would be Kara's exact relationship with both Kon-El and Johnny Kent; even though they are also likely PATERNAL?
2. In the Kane family tree, Bruce Wayne would the MATERNAL cousin of Kate Kane and Bette Kane; while Kate Kane and Bette Kane would be the PATERNAL cousins of Bruce Wayne. Both cases are because Bruce's mother, Kate's father, and Bette's father are siblings. However, what would be Kate's and Bette's exact relationship with Bruce's and Talia's son, Damian?
PS. I understand if you might get put off with questions associated with PATERNAL and MATERNAL relationships, but I'm just trying to make sure of the accuracy of such familial relationships in the Earth-16 universe; in comparison to the character's counterparts in the mainstream DC Universe (New Earth/Prime Earth).
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the location known as Skartaris (a hollow world inhabited by various prehistoric creatures and mythical creatures)?
What would've happened if the Rimbor 6 remembered what they did?
I remember mention of âinevitable repercussionsâ for Martian Sorcerer-Priests and Priestesses who perform mixed race wedding ceremonies. What exactly are said repercussions?
How old were Mâaatt and Jâann when they got married?
How old was the Sorcerer-Priest Kârii Stâferr when he died?
When did Zatanna meet:
1. Khalid Nassour
2. Mary Bromfield
3. Traci Thurston
4. Madam Xanadu
5. Jason Blood/Etrigan
Imagine if one of The Simpsons' future Treehouse of Horror specials were to have a segment that's a parody of Young Justice (TV Series) do you and Brandon think that would be interesting?
How did garfield logan travel to the location were the doom patrol members died when he finds out they have died? How soon after the doom patrol members died did Garfield start living with miss martian at mount justice?
I've just checked the Archives and I couldn't find the answer to this question... Which year did Steve Dayton take custody of Garfield Logan and cause him to leave the Team? Was it Team Year Six, or Team Year Seven?
I have read on the internet that you also want a fifth season of "Young Justice" and you are encouraging the fans to rally in order to save the show. However, what if that is NOT enough? Let me give you two examples of similar situations:
Example #1: Ruby Rose, who portrayed Kate Kane in the now-canceled CW TV series, "Batwoman," left the show after its first season. Caroline Dries, the showrunner, initially wanted to recast the character, but then she decided NOT to after she received some advice from Greg Berlanti. Fans demanded that Kate Kane be recasted, and then they became upset when Kate Kane was replaced by an original character named Ryan Wilder. This action caused Kate Kane fans to believe that Caroline Dries was disrespecting the Batwoman source material. Kate Kane would eventually revealed to be recast midway through the show's second season, but by the end of the second season finale, she left again; much to the disappointment of the Kate Kane fans. Essentially, had Caroline Dries listened to the fans and recast Kate Kane right away (as opposed to replacing her with an original character), the show would not have been so terrible and would not have ended up being canceled after its third season.
Example #2. After Chadwick Boseman died in 2020, Kevin Feige announced that he would NOT recast T'Challa in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Those who wanted the character recast started an online petition which gathered a very large number of signatures. However, when the first trailer and the movie synopsis for "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" came out during Comic-Con 2022, it was revealed that T'Challa was permanently killed off. I have seen some very angry reactions on Twitter as a result of this. The idea of T'Challa being killed off in the MCU is utterly ridiculous/disgraceful because it robs us of watching his further character development and the relationships/connections that he made with the other characters in the MCU.
The point of me addressing these examples to you is to clearly show that ever since COVID-19 hit the United States, I have observed that people in the movie and television industries do NOT appear to listen to the comic book fans at all; since they cannot go outside and publicly protest on things such as this. These days, such people appear to stick by their decisions and don't seem to care what other people think. As such, I fear that HBO Max will be just the same, and "Young Justice" will likely be officially canceled; despite the efforts of the fans.
Quick question regarding the Genomorphs: I know Superboy, Red Arrow, and Guardian were created using the DNA of Superman and Speedy respectively, but what DNA was used to make the other six Genomorph types, such as the G-Goblins, G-Gnomes, G-Trolls, G-Elves, G-Dwarves, and G-Sprites?
I have a few questions regarding Clark and Loisâ relationship:
1. When did they first meet?
2. When did Lois learn Clark was Superman?
3. When did they get married?
4. When they got married, is Loisâ surname Lane, Kent, or Lane-Kent?
Who's your favorite Zod?
Why was Queen Perdita allowed to use the zeta tubes to travel? What year did Perdita start using the zeta tubes to travel in young justice universe?
Why is it that Miss Martian's bridesmaids dresses are all red but yet they aren't wearing the same kind of dress compared to Superboy's groomsmen who are all wearing identical suits to that of the grooms? Is it to kinda represent the bride and groom in a way, considering how Conner doesn't wear anything else besides his usual clothes and almost nothing else?
I only recently noticed the tag necklace around Tye Longshadowâs neck. Does it have any significance and if so, where did Tye get them from?
Hi Greg !
1. Has Shiva ever tried to kill Barbara, or hurt her in any way for taking her daughter away from her ?
2. Is Zatanna dating someone ? Or is she interested in someone ?
How long on average is the script for an episode of Young Justice (in pages)? Also, out of curiosity, how long was the script for an average episode of Gargoyles?
Since YJ is cancelled can you reveal all the designations?
So I'm hearing that HBO Max NOT having any plans for a fifth season of "Young Justice does NOT necessary means that the show has been canceled. However, in my honest opinion, I feel that this is HBO Max's cowardly attempt to refuse to admit the truth about the show's cancellation. If true, it would not be the first time something like this has happened. Back in 2020, The CW did a backdoor pilot for "Green Arrow and the Canaries," which was supposed to be a spin-off of "Arrow." During that year, I occasionally read on the internet that a decision was still being made. Then, in January 2021, it was announced that "Green Arrow and the Canaries" was not picked up by the CW. It was later revealed that month that the spin-off was decided not to be picked up the moment that COVID-19 hit the United States. Essentially, The CW had LIED to its viewers and hid the truth for a full year. So, if HBO Max won't admit the truth that "Young Justice" is cancelled, it probably won't end up well for the fanbase if the truth ultimately comes out months or a year later, and that would make HBO Max just as bad as The CW. I truly hope you have a contingency plan to save "Young Justice" if this ends up being true.
What happened to Hawkman and Hawkwoman's wing colors? They both turned grey after season 2.
I just had a question regarding Meta-humans. Is the term meta-human reserved only for those who carry the meta-gene or is it used for anyone who manages to gain superpowers?
Are there any characters in Earth-16 who identify as Asexual?(Experience little or no sexual attraction towards others)
1. What is the average lifespan of a Rannian?
2. What is the average lifespan of a Thanagarian?
3. What is the average lifespan of a Atlantean?
How old is Forager during Team Year Ten?
How old is Green Lantern Forager during Team Year Ten?
First off I want to thank you for creating this amazing show called Gargoyles it was a big part of my childhood watched it a lot an are currently binge watching it on Disney Plus but I know you donât own it anymore but I wanted to get your thoughts on how awesome it would be to see this show become a live action film or show? I think it would be badass but if not I would still like to see the cartoon show start back up I just think with Disney doing all these live action movies to add Gargoyles to that would be amazing and do really well it has a great story amazing characters who wouldnât want to see that come to life in a major motion picture! I know I would only if it was done right a kept the same storyline start off in Middle Ages tell their story there then bring them to the city Iâve been thinking about it a lot lol but just wanted to get your thoughts since you created it!
1) Does Green Lantern Forager have a designation, since she was on the Watchtower in "Zenith and Abyss"?
2) Does the Kaizer-Thrall/Danny Chase have a designation, since he was on the Watchtower in "Zenith and Abyss"? He is sentient (and this was known to GL Forager before she brought him to the Watchtower) so I wonder whether he was given a designation when he arrived on the Watchtower, despite appearing to be a floating box to those who did not know him.
3) If Green Lantern Forager and/or Kaizer Thrall/Danny Chase were given designations on this occasion, what are their designations (if you would not mind revealing them, please)? We know that the next designations were A-50 (J'emm J'axx) and A-51 (Phantom Girl), so it seems likely that one or both of the preceding designations (A-48 and A-49) went to GL Forager and/or KT/Danny Chase if they were given Zeta access. Of course, I can't be sure of this since access may have been overriden for them as it was for Cheshire in "Artemis Through the Looking Glass". But I thought this might be worth asking about! :)
What was the inspiration behind Hawkwoman and Hawkman's accents?
Christopher Jones has corrected me and a lot of other YJ fans. YJ has not been cancelled. It simply has not been renewed - YET. Apparently there is a difference. I should have known better. Still, I do wonder why a renewal is in doubt. The show was financially successful, so what else matters? Am I wrong?
What was the inspiration behind Phantom Girlâs accent?
have you ever considered working with Brandon Vietti on a project not related to Earth-16? trying to pitch something for other companies?
what makes YJ so great is the fact that you guys make a goddamn good duo and I really hope to see you working together for as long as you can work
I'll always keep binging YJ and trying to save Earth-16, but the thing is that, with all this current Warner's merge chaos and disrespect with animation-related workers (I don't know what it will be when you read this, but it's really worrying right now), I fear for YJ characters because they all belong to DC and DC belongs to Warner, so (if I understand this correctly) you couldn't even try to pitch something E-16 related to another company
but maybe we could get the chance of seeing Grandon work together once again with an all-original universe with all-original characters and that would be great
How long does it take for a New Genesis Bug and Apokolips Hunger Dog to age 1 human year? Also, what are the ages of:
What are the human equivalent ages of the Bugs:
1. Green Lantern Forager
3. Mountain Hive All-Widow
4. Red Mountain Forager
5. Blue Mountain Hive Larva
6. Red Mountain Hive Larva
How long exactly are the lifespans of Martian wildlife, such as:
3. Maâarphin Beasts
4. Maâarzuu Beasts
I have a few questions regarding the lifespans of some of Earth-16âs alien species. How many years is the equivalent of 1 human year for:
1). The New Gods
2). The New Genesis Bugs
3. The Hunger Dogs
Please don't let Young Justice be canceled again. We (As in me and the other YJ fans) have been waiting for years for its revival and we don't wanna see go away again. So please do something to make sure it doesn't get canceled and gets renewed for a Season 5 somehow.
When Bear said he was about 16,000 years old, does that mean heâs the human biological equivalent of 16?
Is it true that Young Justice is canceled again.
Hay Greg,i know your getting alot of these question but i was wondering if young justice has been canceled or if its still up in the air?
Quick question: Is Cassandra Savage a meta-human? If yes, what are her powers?
This is a question regarding how Mâgann and Dinah conducts their therapy sessions
1. How do they choose who to counsel, is it based on their relationship with the person (e.g can Dinah counsel Ollie being his partner? Or Mâgann with Conner), the age of the person, or who the person opens up to the most?
2. Can members of the League, Team and Outsiders choose who theyâd rather talk to for their mental health check-in?
3. Can a person be counselled by both Mâgann and Dinah at different times? (e.g, is Zatara allowed to be counselled by Mâgann after being counselled by Dinah)
4. Do Dinah and Mâgann share with each other their counselling sessions?
5. Does Jefferson, being the leader of the League currently, have a say on who is allowed to be on active duty? Or does he trust Mâgann and Dinah to make that decision themselves?
1.What is up with the one shot in 1x10 when Cheshire fights Red arrow and spinkicks him and flips back? because wow someone really made that and it really got on tv lol. Also People keep asking are they ever going to do a shot or scene like that again
2.its cool the animation is mostly the same as s1 and even on teen Titans but it updates the quality was that intentional or just it looks cool. Also how many seasons do you think will happen? Sorry for the long question
If Dick became Nightwing in 2015 and Barbara became Batgirl also in 2015, does that mean they never worked together under Batman and only really worked with each other on the Team?
Considering we arenât getting a fifth season will there be more comics for Young Justice or are we stuck with a cliff hanger that will never be addressed?
What does Nightwing do in his life? Is he going to college or does he work in security like he does in some comics? Just curious because we know that Conner makes a living fixing Motorcycles, Megan is a school counselor, and Artemis teaches, so what is Dickâs profession?
A fan recently asked you on Twitter whether Matt Bluestone is part of the Gargoyle "family" or just a friend/ally, and you replied that he's an ally.
This made me wonder about Elisa. I think all of the Manhattan gargoyles would consider Elisa to be part of the clan, but I wondered if you could elaborate when you think that realization happened for each of them.
I probably know the answer, but Iâll ask anyway given the news that HBO is not picking up season 5. Was there ever any plans or discussion about bringing Wally back?
1) Is Robin dating Spoiler now?
2) Is Nightwing and Oracle still dating?
3) Even though Robin and Wondergirl broke up are they on good terms with each other or is that relationship still strained?
4) Did Jade ever go home?
As of this writing, we have been told that Warner Bros. has no plans to produce a fifth season of Young Justice which is just another way of saying the series has been cancelled. It doesn't make any sense. Why would WB not renew a well-performing show?
I understand this decision is above your pay-grade, but can you offer us an educated guess as to why this decision was made? Because it seems illogical to me. Is there any harm in speculating?
What was the name of the horse Vandal Savage was riding as Genghis Khan in "Evolution"
Is what I've been reading on the internet true? Is "Young Justice" being canceled again for the GODDAMN SECOND TIME?! And it is all because of that GODDAMN WARNER-DISCOVERY MERGER and that GODDAMN BASTARD, DAVID ZASLAV?! Until I've seen official news/confirmation of the cancellation of "Young Justice" on "Greg's Rambles," I am NOT going to believe this complete and utter bullshit!
as of the time of this posting, I just read a CBR article on the internet that suggests that "Young Justice" may NOT be renewed for a fifth season. The link is provided below:
My question for you is this: What are you going to do now? You are not going to stand by and just let this happen, are you...? Please tell me you have some kind of contingency plan for this situation and that "Young Justice" will somehow continue in animated form...?
Is La'gan,Coral and Rodunn's baby a boy or a girl?
What was the date and year Roy Harper, the original speedy, become Green Arrow's partner? What was the date and year Roy was abducted for project cadmus? When is his birthday?
Since it's implied at the end of Phantoms that White Martians are ancestors of the Durlan species , I wanted to ask if Chameleon Boy, as a Durlan, ages similarly to Martians in the sense he ages slower compared to humans? Or do Durlans age at what we consider an average rate?
1) Why did no one think to put Arsenal in therapy during Young Justice Season 2? In one of the shows that averts the "There Are No Therapists" trope, it's kind of foolish for them to let him work on the Team and kick him off when he can't cope when he clearly needs psychiatric help. If a guy attempts suicide, you don't chew him out for risking his teammates, you ship him off to Black Canary until he gets a clean bill of mental health and I'm sure Black Canary could've helped Arsenal perfectly (Especially after seeing how she helped Garfield during season 4 in the episode "Forbidden Secrets of Civilizations Past!") and let's be clear that deep down Arsenal still had good in him and that he was never a lost cause who's beyond redemption like that Pure Evil Martian low-life Ma'alefa'ak/M'comm M'orzz and maybe Geo-Force/Brion Markov.
2) While he's still hot-blooded, he seems to have mellowed out a lot during the two-year time skip between Young Justice Seasons 2 and 3. Does that mean Arsenal is now a Jerk with a Heart of Gold (A jerkish character who is deep down a good or at least decent person)?
A few questions about Noble Davis?
1) Was he Rocket's fiancee during Season 2: Invasion?
2) How old is he?
2a) Is there some kind of age gap between him and Rocket? In the episode "Encounter on Upon the Razor's Edge", Noble said he knew Rocket when 'she' was Amistad's age, not when they were both Amistad's age. Does that mean he's older than her by a few years, or am I just seeing things?
Do you think you'll ever do more stories with the characters from the season 1 episode "Secrets"?
More specifically, Harm and Secret.
#1. In the Earth-16 universe, are Slade Wilson's combat abilities purely natural skill (with years of training, of course), or are they a result of a failed medical experiment that he volunteered in like in the comics? If it is the former, then please explain in detail as to why the latter didn't seem to make sense to you for the Earth-16 version of the character.
#2. Was Slade Wilson former military like in the comics? If so, what was his highest rank?
#3. When exactly did Slade Wilson become a mercenary in the Earth-16 universe?
#4. When exactly did Slade Wilson first crossed paths with the Light, and what were his initial impressions of the group?
#5. Who is the person responsible from the loss of Slade Wilson's eye, and why exactly did they do that to him?
Have you ever thought of doing a Young Justice movie?
Considering the last line of "Young Justice: Targets" Issue #3 is "... it's been Lex Luthor all along," I'm wondering if you got that idea from the "Agatha All Along" song from the MCU TV series, "WandaVision"? Seriously though, the last line makes me want to think up a similar song for Lex Luthor, but I can't think up any good lyrics for the song in my head...
I'm calling it now: I think that Perdita somehow got switched out with an imposter or robot who is currently posing as her after she got kidnapped in "Young Justice: Targets." The answer as to why this is happening will obviously be answered by the time this posting gets a response, but I'd still like to know as to why you specifically chose to put Perdita through this ordeal; especially since she and Beast Boy are no longer in a relationship by the end of Season 4?
Is there one specific literature classic you wanted to tackle through action cartoons but not had the chance yet?
Can you tell us anything about Young Justice's Tim Drake's background before he became Robin that wouldn't be considered a spoiler?
Did lady Shiva train any other children from an early age either before or after orphan joined the bat family?
What is the status of the war between the reach and the green lantern corp? Since we havenât heard anything about it in season 4 is it still ongoing?
Out of all the worlds in the Earth-16 universe that had a yellow sun in their solar systems, why did Jor-El and Lara specifically sent Kal-El to Earth? I mean, did Jor-El visited Earth before during his youth? Or was it because information via Kryptonian probes sent into space showed that humans were the only race in the universe that were visually identical to Kryptonians (in terms of physical appearances, skin color, etc.)?
In the Earth-16 universe, does Jonathan Kent have a brother named Harry Kent, and a sister-in-law named Sarah "Sal" Kent?
1. In the Earth-16 universe, is Jonathan Kent's full name addressed as Jonathan Nathaniel Kent; like his DCEU counterpart?
2. In the Earth-16 universe, what is Martha Clark-Kent's middle name?
3. In the Earth-16 universe, what are the names of the parents of Jonathan and Martha Kent, respectively?
I wanted to ask for a little more detail on how the Legionnaires were able to be rescued? I know Brainy said there was a 99.84% chance the timeline was substantially restored, if things were changed AT ALL (Ursa getting away, Vandal getting all the Kryptonians, etc), wouldn't that mean that even if they went back to their era it wouldn't be exactly like they remember? That there would be other versions of them in this new timeline? I know I might be needlessly overthinking, and I'm sorry if this is a bother, but I just wanted to ask for clarification on how it all works since the time travel was more involved in Phantoms than Invasion.
Hi Greg, my questionâs in relation to Young Justice S4. Itâs not even a plot relevant question, more of a silly one in regards to the finale. As a wrestling fan, I wanna know: In canon, how did Nightwing learn about blade jobs?
1) Stumbled across it on whatever version of YouTube they have on Earth 16?
2) Went through a wrestling phase?
3) Halyâs Circus held a show in a carnival with wrestlers and Dick learned a few of their secrets by watching?
4) None of the above?
Whatever the answer is, thank you for your time. Love this show SO much, thank you and everyone who helped make it.
Hi again, Greg! :)
1) In "Depths", La'gaan says to Artemis, "I relish this opportunity to finally fight beside you, archer". Is there an in-universe reason for the fact that Lagoon Boy joined the Team in Team Year Four and Artemis left in Team Year Five but they didn't fight alongside one another in all that time? If so, what's the reason/what happened?
2) The Doom Patrol died in Team Year Five and Beast Boy is on the Team in February of Team Year Five (as he's present in Legacy). It seems a little bit doubtful that Gar would join the Team within a month or so of the Doom Patrol's demise, so I wonder: did Gar join the Team (if only part-time basis) while Elastigirl, Negative Woman and Chief were still alive? After all, you've said that Gar didn't go on every Doom Patrol mission, so it seems plausible that there could have been a time when he was a member of BOTH teams, if only perhaps on a part-time basis. Is this what happened?
3) I'm really curious about the fact that Mary Bromfield abused her powers (by spending too much time as Sergeant Marvel) and M'gann M'orzz was abusing her own telepathic powers by the time of Team Year Six. Possible spoiler request here, but is there a connection between what happened to these two girls in terms of how they abused their respective powers during the five-year gap?
Why did Roy Harper choose to come to view his clone Will Harper as his brother by the time of young justice outsiders?
Was the light the one who put deathstroke in charge of the shadows? If the anwser is yes Why did they consider him the most qualifies over other Shadow members like lady Shiva?
Did the light ever consider that some of their members might need to be replaced before ocean masterâs imprisonment?
1. Iâm a bit confused about the YJ version of Ultra-Humanite. Was Ultra-Humanite born as a human male, then transferred his brain to a human woman to extend his life, then transferred his brain again to a gorilla (like in the comics)? Or was he born as a human female who transferred his brain to a gorilla? I donât think the tie-in comics confirm or refute either scenario.
2. Why didnât he just stay human? I donât really see any pros in becoming a gorilla.
In the current iteration of the DC Comics universe, Hippolyta's sisters are Antiope, Atalanta, and Astarte. Is this true in the Earth-16 universe as well? Also, amongst the sisters, what is the order from oldest to youngest? Finally, in the current iteration of the DC Comics universe, their mother's name was Alcippe (alternatively known as Antiope when she founded the tribe of the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall) and their aunt's name was Atalanta. Is this also true in the Earth-16 universe as well?
Thank you for response and being honest with your beliefs. I think you have great taste in authors and we would probably have a lot talk about as long as we didn't discuss religion or politics.
Original ideas question so the moderators delete this:
I think the Team should open a travel agency and use the Bio-Ship and Zeta Tubes to compete with the already overpriced airlines.
When Vandal Savage sent an invitation to the other initial members of the Light to join him, were any of them ever initially hesitant/skeptical about the offer and asked Vandal Savage, "What's in it for me?"
Questions in regards to Earth-16's James Gordon:
#1. Is his full name James Worthington "Jim" Gordon?
#2. When did he first joined the Gotham City Police Department?
#3. How many years has he currently held the position of commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department?
#4. When did his partnership with Batman first started?
#5. Is he a smoker like his mainstream DC Comics counterpart in the comics?
#6. Is he currently married or divorced?
Questions in regards to Earth-16's Courtney Whitmore:
#1. Was she born and initially raised in Los Angeles, California?
#2. Are her parents' names Sam Kurtis and Barbara Whitmore; with the latter initially raising Courtney all by herself after Sam and Barbara got divorced?
#3. Did she initially disliked her stepfather, Patrick "Pat" Dugan, after he married her mother? How long did this last before she finally accepted him?
#4. Does she and her family currently live in Blue Valley, Nebraska? How long have they lived there thus far?
#5. What are the names of the high schools that she attended; before and after she and her family moved from California to Nebraska?
#6. When did she graduated from high school?
#1. When exactly did "Stargirl" (the pop culture television show hosted by Courtney Whitmore) first aired on television in the Earth-16 universe?
#2. Just for clarification, is Earth-16 the only known version of the DC Universe thus far in which Stargirl and Courtney Whitmore are publicly known to be one and the same person (if her interview with Beast Boy in the Season 4 finale is any apparent indication; since he did addressed her by her real name even though she was in costume)?
#3. I know that you previously refused to confirm the names of Courtney Whitmore's family members in the Earth-16 universe in a previous posting. However, what do they think/how do they feel in regards to her being the hostess of her own TV show and in regards to her superheroics as Stargirl and as a member of the Outsiders?
What was the exact year that Vandal Savage first encountered the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron? How more times did he encounter them afterwards and when did those encounters happened?
Hello Greg. I have a few questions for you.
1. Were Shining Knight (Sir Justin) and Vigilante (Greg Saunders) members of All-Star Squadron?
2. Are Robin (Tim Drake) and Spoiler (Stephanie Brown) a couple now?
3. When did they become a couple?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 versions of characters from "The Sandman Universe" line of DC Comics?
This Hafiz guy who posts a lot in the Ask Greg queue seems remarkably dim. The oldest question of his in the queue is in response to an answer Greg gave on April 1st about Jor-El and Lara coming to Earth and becoming the Kent's. Dude, April 1st is April Fools Day in America and it's a day Greg cuts loose and answers questions in a facetious manner. (Fair(on my defense i'm bengali and I don't understand sarcasm))
In his most recent post, he wonders why democracies/constitutional monarchies are portrayed more favorably than absolute monarchies and that Saudi Arabia treats their people better than the US. I know there's universal health care in SA, but it wouldn't do me much good if I was beheaded for witchcraft nearly a quarter into the 21st century. I'd also rather not be sawed up in an embassy for criticizing the ruler of the country. Will that universal health care put me back together? (Saudi follows God's law not some man made nonsense)
It's also tiresome when he quotes scripture and verse to conform with his conservative view of Islam. He should call himself Atatollah Bore-mani. He also seems like a MAGA chud when he complains about wokeness. (Sorry I reject democracy. MAGA people are insane as just like the left. Morality is nonexistent in secularism,)
As much as he enjoys the show, I hope he realizes it's all fiction, like the Koran, and he should stop berating Greg. Hafiz reminds me of the guy who attacked Rushdie today. (If I were to portray jews as greedy thieves and blacks people as thugs would the masses just watch as something fictional for the sake of story or would they boycott my story? I would have to pay for libel. As for Salman Rushdie how is that he can slander peoples belief and publish lies and go unpunished? don't get me wrong I don't condone their behavior. Random Muslims can't resort to vigilantism but at the same time Salman Rushdie shouldn't resort to lie to trick the ignorant masses)
Greg Weisman always will be one of my favorite writers up there with George RR Martin, Mark Twain, and Edgar Allan Poe but that doesn't if he makes a blunder I'm going to idly sit by and let him go scott free especially if he responds to fans and I know he makes retractions
This Hafiz guy who posts a lot in the Ask Greg queue seems remarkably dim. The oldest question of his in the queue is in response to an answer Greg gave on April 1st about Jor-El and Lara coming to Earth and becoming the Kent's. Dude, April 1st is April Fools Day in America and it's a day Greg cuts loose and answers questions in a facetious manner.
In his most recent post, he wonders why democracies/constitutional monarchies are portrayed more favorably than absolute monarchies and that Saudi Arabia treats their people better than the US. I know there's universal health care in SA, but it wouldn't do me much good if I was beheaded for witchcraft nearly a quarter into the 21st century. I'd also rather not be sawed up in an embassy for criticizing the ruler of the country. Will that universal health care put me back together?
It's also tiresome when he quotes scripture and verse to conform with his conservative view of Islam. He should call himself Atatollah Bore-mani. He also seems like a MAGA chud when he complains about wokeness.
As much as he enjoys the show, I hope he realizes it's all fiction, like the Koran, and he should stop berating Greg. Hafiz reminds me of the guy who attacked Rushdie today.
Better put in my original idea, I think the Team should open a disco and invite the Dazzler from Marvel Comics to help run it.
In season 3 we started seeing more meta-human trafficking in relation with Apokolips, and now in season 4 getting a glimpse of (what Iâm assuming) kidnapped humans and meta-humans on Apokolips. I was wondering, approximately how long have humans/meta-humans been being sent to Apokolips? Did it just begin around season 3âs time period or before that?
Thank you to you and the entire crew. Absolutely LOVE this show!
Whatever happened to Count Vertigo's cane sword after Wally turned it down as a souvenir in favor of the container for Queen Perdita's transplant heart? Since it's a priceless national treasure of Vlatava, is it in a museum? Is it in the Vlatavan royal palace? Or is it gathering dust in the Vlatavan royal attic because Perdita doesn't like having the weapon of her murderous uncle hanging on the mantle over the fireplace?
In season 3, I kept waiting to see Superboy in a tuxedo since Dick, Artemis and Jeff wore fancy clothes for their missions, but since we didn't see Conner wear a tux until the end of season 4, i'm curious did you do that on purpose? Did you want to make us wait until the waiting to finally see Conner in a tuxedo. HE LOOKS SO HANDSOME I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! THANK YOU FOR NOT KILLING HIM OFF!!!!
Why do you portray absolute monarchies as something malevolent (Bialya) while portraying constitutional monarchies and democracy as something benevolent(United Nation, America(implied), Vlatava) to their own people. Many could argue that Saudi Arabia (me included) the government (monarchy) treats their own people better than here in America (democracy)
Will we ever see the Earth-16 versions of heroes and villains from the 853rd century; as depicted in "DC One Million"?
In "Auld Acquaintance", Red Arrow speculates that Vandal Savage "paused to bask" and that this is the reason that the former was able to escape the Watchtower. Was Red Arrow correct, or did Vandal deliberately give Red Arrow an opportunity to escape?
I noticed that Stephanie Lemelin's voice for the Computer changed for seasons 3 and 4 -- It was deeper-pitched in the first two seasons, and then higher-pitched (closer to her voice for Artemis/Tigress) in seasons 3 and 4. Was there a reason for this change? If so, what is the reason? Hope you don't mind my asking.
Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this show!
If you could do Disney WICTH season 3 than how would you do it?
If you could do Disney WICTH based on the arcs that havenât been adapted than how would you do it?
Are we going to meet alien species that their hairs and/or eyes that change Colorâs based on their mood/emotions in young Justice?
I assume one of Queen Perdita's first actions as monarch upon returning to Vlatava was to politely request her country find better cardiologists, so she wouldn't need to rely on a teenager running across the width of a continent if she ever had any more heart troubles?
1) Why was General Zod well-known amongst the Kryptonian military?
2) Was General Zod close friends with Jor-El at one point in their lives? Since she knew of Zor-El's daughter Kara, did Ursa Zod have a close relation with the House of El?
3) Why did General Zod grow fond of Kon-El/Superboy? Is it because he reminds him of himself during his youth as a soldier?
1) Did Vandal ever tried to find a way to prolong his children's lives? Maybe in the beginning of his immortal life, if so did the pain of losing his family countless times cause him to go down as a villain?
2) Is Vandal Savage afraid of one day losing his immortality? If so then who would he entrust to continue his vision for the Earth and humanity?
3) Does Vandal have an obsession in learning where the meteorite that granted him immortality came from?
I've got two questions about the designation series
1) Did El Dorado get a B designation when he joined the Outsiders or did he keep his A designation until D designations were created?
2) If I remember correctly, D designations became operational after Geo-Force left the Outsiders, but he's gotten a D designation number anyway. Why haven't they kept his B designation number since it was becoming inactive?
Two questions, both about Ice.
1. Since Tora got her start at the age of fifteen, was she ever considered for possible recruitment by The Team?
2. Was Tora inspired to become a superheroine by the actions of The Team, particularly things like what they did Misplaced or Wally's cross-country sprint in Coldhearted?
Regarding the Markovian Ambassador Baazovi and him carrying out the Light's plans in Markovia:
1) Was Baazovi controlling Brion and taking over Markovia the plan all along for the Light in the episode 'Nevermore' or was that something he managed to achieve despite the loss of Terra?
2) Since he's clearly controlling Brion, did he use his powers on Gregor to banish Brion from Markovia in the episode 'Eminent Threat'?
3) If he could control others, why couldn't he have subtly manipulated Gregor into carrying out the Light's plans while Gregor was serving as king?
4) Did Baazovi ever work for DeLamb or the Light in the first place or was he a separate player that fell into the Light's good graces?
One question I have to ask you
Is Young Justice canceled again or you are trying to reveal the next season in the final issue of Young Justice:Targets?
1.What is up with the one shot in 1x10 when Cheshire fights Red arrow and spinkicks him and flips back? because wow someone really made that and it really got on tv lol. Also People keep asking are they ever going to do a shot or scene like that again
2.its cool the animation is mostly the same as s1 and even on teen Titans but it updates the quality was that intentional or just it looks cool. Also how many seasons do you think will happen? Sorry for the long question
In the "Young Justice" Season One episode, "Agendas," we see how the voting process works for heroes who become future members of the Justice League. As such, for the Justice League members that joined AFTER Season One onwards, which previous Justice League members recommended each of the new heroes to join and what was the reasons for each person's recommendation? For example, which Justice League members recommended Captain Atom to join the Justice League and why did they specifically chose him? You probably might think that I am thinking about this too deeply, but I'd still like to know anyway.
In the comics, Ice's real name is addressed as "Tora Olafsdotter." However, if her full name is based on the Icelandic naming tradition (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icelandic_name), then shouldn't her full name actually be properly addressed as "Tora Olafsdottir," thus replacing the "e" with an "i"? The reason I'm asking this question is because I was concerned about the accuracy of Ice's surname and I want to know which version of the surname is correct in the Earth-16 universe.
If the Earth-16 version of Vandal Savage was born about 50,000 years ago, would he be considered by scientists to be an early modern human (EMH)/anatomically modern human (AMH)?
1 Since familiars are essential for chaos lords to remain in the mortal plane they are always very close to their chaos lords, but would it be possible for a familiar in a certain situation to be seperated from their chaos lord by like a country wide distance or are the magically forced to remain a certain distance close to each other
2 what did teekl 1 think about child before she died
3 What did flaw think about klarion before it died
4 When klarion learned child had arrived on earth he responded disappointedly that of all the chaos lord she was the one sent. Does this imply that klarion dislikes child the most out of all the chaos lords
Iâve bought Books 1 and 2, as well as the first three issues of Targets (which Iâve really been enjoying)! I wish there were more comics. Itâll be a while before you get to this question, but:
1. Do you know if Targets has done well enough for DC to order more mini-series?
2. If they order more comics, are you more inclined to tell stories in 2020 and beyond, or are you willing to tell stories that take place in-between seasons that have already aired (I prefer the after since it allows more neglected characters to get some action)?
What's your favorite family/family-like bond out of these?
Dick and Bruce
Zatanna and Zatara
Conner and Clark
Artemis and Cheshire
Did mâcomm create the white martian resistance or did it exist before he became rebel?
1 Since it seems chaos lords donât really get along with each other. Does nabu get along with other lords of order?
2 instead of using a object as a anchor could a lord of order enter the mortal realm using a familiar or can only chaos lords do that?
3 it is stated that lords of order and chaos are above conceps like good and evil, but chaos lords like klarion and child have been shown to be quite sadistic. My question is if it is possible for a lord of order to be capable of cruelty like them?
When brion became king did he hold any grudges against zviad for having him banished?
Questions in regards to Jane Nassour:
#1. Is her full name Jane Nelson-Nassour? If not, what is her correct full name?
#2. Why is her first name changed from Elizabeth (in the comics) to Jane in the Earth-16 universe?
#3. Is Kent Nelson her paternal or maternal uncle?
#4. What are the names of her parents?
#5. When exactly did she first meet her husband (Muhammed Nassour), and when exactly did they get married?
The DC Animated Movie Universe (DCAMU) movie, "Batman: Bad Blood," shows that Alfred Pennyworth can fight despite his old age. As such, can we assume that the Earth-16 version of Alfred Pennyworth would be able to fight as well?
When exactly did Atlantis revealed itself to the rest of the modern world in the Earth-16 universe?
#1. Where exactly on Earth is Themyscira located in the Earth-16 universe?
#2. Where is the Earth-16 version of Victoria Elizabeth "Vicki" Vale?
#1. If any of the members of Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron had children and/or grandchildren in the Earth-16 universe, please tell us who did and what are the names of their children and/or grandchildren?
#2. What is the exact date of the anniversary of the founding of the Justice Society of America?
#3. Are there any Amazon tribes that do NOT live on Themyscira in the Earth-16 universe? If so, what are the names of these tribes, and who are their most notable members in these tribes?
#4. Has Wonder Woman ever encountered Cheetah (Barbara Ann Minerva)? If so, when did this encounter take place and what were the exact circumstances that led up to this encounter?
When you say that Alfred refrained from raising Bruce during the latter's childhood, does that also mean Alfred never had a moment to do what is shown in the flashback scene in the video link provided below?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of Jason (son of Zeus and Hippolyta); even though he would NOT likely be related to Wonder Woman in the Earth-16 universe?
In relation to https://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=26206
Yeah, basically Superboy doesn't think about that option, doing it all by himself.
But not to put this post with this alone:
1-Miss Martian never considered that the other members of the team/leaguers/heroes will see her actions badly?
2-I understand that her actions were unknown among the heroes, but for the Light (for example) after incidents like Psymon's, it was known? and was evaluated as a risk or a possibility if it one of their âagentsâ came in contact with her?
Sorry for the English, I hope itâs better than the previous times
A few Superboy and Miss Martian Season 2 questions.
1. Why did Superboy choose not to reveal to Nightwing or the Justice League about Miss Martian's abuse of power in season 2? I know it was stated he was hoping his own disapproval would make M'gann see what she was doing was wrong, but when that didn't work, including their break up and how she tried to erase his memories, I still don't understand why Conner wouldn't say anything?
2. Did he keep quiet because he didn't have solid proof of her abuse of telephay or did he stay quiet because simply because that despite everything, he still clearly loves her?
3. When they were broken up in season 2, wasn't the rest of the Team (mainly their longtime friends) ever curious about why they broke up? It's clear M'gann and Conner kept the true reason a secret, but what did they tell everyone when questioned about why they ended things?
4. Did everyone finally learn what M'gann did to Conner after they got back together. We know that Conner told Gar in the Torch Song comic, but did everyone else ever find out the truth and if so how did they feel after learning how M'gann basically betrayed Conner's trust as well as her actions towards him?
5. Did the rest of the Team ever feel stupid or idiot that they never saw or realize that Miss Martian's abusing of power? How could they have let it go on for so long and not try to stop her or confront about what she was doing! When Artemis saw what she did to Kaldur, she was shocked, upset and very disappointed with M'gann!
Were you always planning to have Conner have a different hairstyle when he and M'gann finally got married? Or were you just going as the story followed? Also why this hairstyle, was it done to make Conner look more mature?
At what point did the Team stop needing League-appointed supervisors/den mothers at Mount Justice? I assume that eventually Dick and M'gann would've taken on mentorship roles and acted as the "guardians", but I was wondering if you had a specific time that that had happened in mind.
Where were Zatana and Zatara living before the events of Misplaced?
Your answer to a recent question regarding Artemis, Robin, and Aqualad's whereabouts during Agendas made me wonder, what does a Bat-family Thanksgiving look like? Also, what did Kaldur's Thanksgiving look like, assuming he celebrated it in Shayeris. I doubt the traditional Thanksgiving turkey would work as a dish when surrounded in cold seawater.
Hi greg, big fan of your work
One question, what do you think about avengers earth's mighiest heroes.
Was Kid Flash going missing a public thing or kept private among the hero community? Was Bart declared missing as a civilian as well as Kid Flash? If he was, did there need to be a cover story once he got back? If not, was there a cover story for why Bart Allen suddenly wasn't around?
Now that âYoung Justice: Phantomsâ has aired in its entirety, I feel that now is as good a time as any to give my (unprompted and long-winded, but well-deserved) review of the fourth season of what was once my favorite show. Iâm going to be honest and fairly blunt: this season was frustrating.
And no, not in a fun way.
I had so, so, so many problems with how you and Brandon broke this season down. Much like how you guys handled Outsiders, this seasonâs pacing is glaringly bad. It feels even worse this go-around, but Iâm gonna guess (or hope, rather) that thatâs only because this seasonâs arc formula forces a bigger emphasis on the pacing within three-to-five episode chunks, which in turn makes the flaws all the more apparent.
Donât get me wrongâ"the season wasnât bad by any means. I know it did consistently well (better than all three of the past seasons, I believe) on the charts and was almost always trending on the HBOMax page. By all accounts, I completely understand why you and the company would see the season as a metaphorical slam-dunk: because it was. And with all the chaos thatâs going on right now with the merger between HBOMax and Discovery, with the shelving of that nearly-finished BATGIRL movie, etc. etc., I know it's up in the air if the show is going to get renewed for a fifth season. All I can say is I sincerely hope it does get renewed.
But with all that being said, I do think it needs to be addressed that getting strong numbers on the charts and accepting the praise whilst ignoring and/or arguing away critics (hate-watchers, you called them) does NOT equal high-quality entertainment.
So letâs start from the beginning.
The notion of this arc-like storytelling seemed like such a good idea back when promotion started for the season, and many fansâ"myself includedâ"rejoiced when they were told (by you, Brandon, the crew, etc.) that each arc would be focused around an original Team member. Looking back, I really wished you hadnât gone down this route. The choice (per interviews with you and Brandon) seemed to mostly be a cost-saving measure with regards to being able to reuse backgrounds, locations, voice actors, etc. etc., while also theoretically allowing you guys to explore characters in a more in-depth manner, more so than previous seasons. On paper, it sounds great. Which is why itâs really a shame that the actual end product didnât seem to meet anyoneâs expectations on that front.
Now, Iâve seen your responses to criticisms about how each arc doesn't seem to actually revolve around the character theyâve been promoted as revolving around. Most of these responses seem to be you just digging your heels in further. Which just leaves me (and many others, the so-called vocal minority) to question whether the show you made is the same one that actually aired. Because no, Zatannaâs arc was most definitely not about or revolving around HER. Raquelâs arc book-ended with her, sure, but that giant chunk that made up the entire POINT of the arc itself? The same arc that had her speaking a maximum of, what, five lines an episode? Yeah, none of that was about HER.
That isnât to say all of them were like this. Mâgann and Connerâs arc was all about them, Artemisâ arc was all about her and her relationship with Jade, Kaldurâs arc was an overarching Atlantis plotline, yes, but it was ingrained around Kaldurâs detrimental needing-to-help complex. It should come as no surprise that those three arcs wereâ"by far and wideâ"the better of the bunch. Hence, it should also come as no surprise why SO MANY people found Zatannaâs so-called arc disappointing (because no, the main point was not Zatannaâs connection with her father, it was quite literally all about Childâs reign of terror) and Raquelâs arc was nothing but set-up (you could replace her with any other character and nothing about the New Genesis plotline would have changed). The only character I actually understand not being the primary focus of their arc is Dick, and OF COURSE thatâs the one character YOU believe actually got shafted in the end.
Iâm not saying Dick didnât get shafted, because he absolutely did. But weâve had three seasons of Dick content. He isnât a character whose backstory we know nothing about. Sure, I would have loved to see more of his psyche explored, would have loved to see how his relationship with the Batfamily has grown or diminished since Jasonâs death or Barbaraâs paralysis. I would have loved to see his relationship with his comatose Uncle Rick be explored more. But he didnât NEED an in-depth character-driven story.
Zatanna and Raquel DID.
We knew nothing about Zatannaâs home life outside of her father. Yes, the arc expanded on that. But it wasnât HER arc. We learned her mother died of cancer (which was told to us through the lens of Zatara, not Zatanna); we learned that her family is Catholic (again, through Zatara); we learned sheâs known Khalid since childhood (yet AGAIN, through Zatara). And even with all that information, it ultimately amounts to nothing even resembling character development and it certainly doesnât have anything to do with Zatannaâs actions (or lack thereof, in all honesty) during said-arc. I mean, not once did SHE get to narrate an episode of her own damn arc.
But Phantom Stranger? A character we just met? Sure. Vandal Savage, a villain that already had an entire episode dedicated to him last season? Yeah, why not! Nabu and Zatara seemed to be the only ones that made sense, really, and even then neither were directly about Zatanna herself. And thatâs just the narration aspects!
I mean, not ONCE did she use her own wits or magical prowess to try and fight off Child or accomplish anything of importance: the only reason she wasnât killed right off the bat by Klarion in the first episode was because he got called away, itâs Phantom Stranger that warps her to Roanoke where she does absolutely nothing but watch before Etrigan comes to help, and then itâs Khalid that is the one that revives her after she gets knocked out and nearly drowns. Itâs honestly so strange looking back to Artemisâ arcâ"where you cited the reason for the major change to Oracleâs backstory was because you wanted her to have AGENCYâ"after this. Where did all that agency go for this arc? Zatanna certainly didnât have any when she most definitely should have.
You could say that Zatanna did help out in the fourth and fifth episodes (you know, ignoring how she spent the entirety of the third sitting in a chair questioning Nabuâs motives and accomplishing nothing else whilst her students battled their own inner demons), but thatâs really not saying much. Having the lead character in an arc be relegated to backup in the final showdown was just... anticlimactic and boring. The one thing this arc did well was set up an amazing villain, only for her to be thwarted by Flawâs (fairly obvious, Hello Megan!) weakness.
Honestly, Iâm kind of amazed how you guys managed to have Zatanna be more helpful in the last episode of Raquelâs arc and literally ALL of Dickâs arc than she was in all (five!) episodes of her own. Amazed and kind of annoyed.
And then thereâs Raquel, who might as well be the display image when someone looks up the meaning of âeleventh-hour ranger.â Iâm not arguing her (in)significance in the first three seasons, but merely how, as a result of that decision, we as an audience know practically NOTHING about her. We know that she had Amistad shortly before joining the Justice League and we know she was engaged to someone, making her entire character seemingly just that of a mother and wife, which doesnât exactly define HER. Itâs not like she was either of those things when she became a hero, right? So what made her want to become one? Was it Icon? Was it for justice? For fame and glory? These are questions that SHOULD have been addressed already, but werenât, and so we as an audience are left to assume that theyâll be discussed and/or alluded to within her arc.
Instead, when the time FINALLY comes for us to get to know this badass, beautiful, versatile character on the most basic, fundamental level, weâre greeted with something just a notch below ableism. Huh? I get you guys were trying to showcase how even loving parents can make mistakes, but for THAT to be the first personal/familial trait we witness doesnât exactly paint her in the most positive light.
Which wouldnât inherently be the worst thing. Itâs a common trope to show that even the good guys have flaws that they must overcome. But you guys did literally nothing with that until the VERY END (and it's not even like that so-called âpay-offâ was worth the buildup, anyway), so are we just meant to not like her during the entirety of her arc? And it SERIOUSLY does not help that you guys chose to compare Amistadâs autism to Orionâs violent outbursts in Raquelâs eyes (which then weirdly turned into some sexual tension between the two of them by the end of the season for some reason). So much for those sensitivity readers you kept bringing up whenever someone criticized how well you handled Violetâs faith and/or queerness, amiright?
Speaking of, since this was in Raquelâs arc and said by Raquel herself (one of the few lines she actually had, sadly enough), the scene where everyone kept misgendering Violet was excruciatingly painful. I know youâve stated that it was an oversight and a mistake and you're not quite sure how it got past all of you (even those top-notch sensitivity readers, too!), but itâs pretty clear why this happened: you making Violet explicitly non-binary was a spur-of-the-moment decision probably brought on by the complaints on how you merely alluded to it in S3 but never really committed, choosing instead to safely fall back onto the standard she/her pronouns for the rest of the season. Kudos for the explicit confirmation here in S4, but this oversight really tells a lot about how you guys see Violet and, as a result, your non-binary audience. I know ofâ"at leastâ"a handful of people that stopped watching right then and there, one of whom I know personally, whoâd advocated so hard for a S3 back when it was on Netflix and went to all of the conventions and actually met you at a meet-and-greet panel back during the promotion of Outsiders. They were legitimately heartbroken. I understand this was a mistake (one that I am seriously trying to wrap my head around, because surely you had at least one non-binary consultant for this storyline, right?), but that mistake quite literally opened the floodgates and gave all of the homophobic DC fans even more leverage to use against us. That mistake will forever be ingrained in âYoung Justiceâ and itâs just... really disheartening, Iâm sorry to say.
Now, moving back to the actual meat of Raquelâs arcâ"which was apparently meant to be an important meeting regarding the camaraderie between New Genesis, the Green Lantern Corps, and the heroes of Earth. Obviously, thatâs not the point of the arc (itâs set-up for Lor-Zod, really), but it did feel extremely convoluted when the actual meeting lasted all of five seconds with a firm ânoâ from Orion and the GLs. Like, what? THATâs why Raquel and the others flew across the galaxy? What, a video call wouldnât suffice? It just seemed like a half-assed attempt to explain Raquelâs involvement, which does nothing but strengthen my statement earlier that you couldâve switched anyone in for Raquel and nothing wouldâve changed.
I know sometimes the plot forces the story one way, but to relegate the plot-focused arc onto the least developed character? Really? It just left us with more questions than answers (and no, in this case, thatâs NOT a good thing). Why did she become a hero? Does she have any family outside of her son? Where was Icon during all this? Who was Raquel engaged to? Was it Noble, the obvious choice, thus forcing us to question why the hell that was a secret at all? The entire storyline seemed like one big missed opportunity, and the overall structure of it all did not help in the slightest.
Itâs not like this is the only arc with a weak story structure, but itâs by far the worst. âEncounter Upon the Razorâs Edgeâ was probably the worst example of pacing and prioritization Iâve seen in a LONG time and it was honestly laughable. I genuinely have no idea how you thought introducing yet another character (that played NO PART in this seasonâs storyline) and centering the ENTIRE episode around him (therefore DETRACTING an entire episode from an already existing, supposedly main, undeveloped character) would make sense from a narrative standpoint at all. I understand you guys wanted to pay homage to âGreen Lantern: The Animated Seriesâ with the writers, and I get it made a lot of fans happy to see Razor again, but this stunt was an extreme injustice to both Raquel and the overarching plot. It got to the point where I was so frustrated (and bored, too, in all honesty) that I just wanted her so-called arc to end already.
How you are able to look at either of these two arcs and say with confidence that âyes, both of these arcs did actually revolve around their leading characterâ utterly BAFFLES me. And donât get me wrong, I certainly donât expect you to read this and agree with anything Iâve said. I get that youâre proud of this season and you obviously liked what you and Brandon came up with for each of these arcs. But the evidence to support your claims of Zatannaâs and Raquelâs individual presence just isnât there, making your repetitive dismissals of these criticisms all the more infuriating.
Moving on, I think I should bring up one of the major themes of the season: mental health. I think the concept itself looks good on paperâ"showcasing how worsening mental health and depression can affect someone and the people around them, particularly with how people RESPOND to it.
But as we discussed with the arc structure, something looking good on paper does not equate with it translating well on-screen. And yet again, I do sincerely get where youâre coming from. Like Raquelâs ingrained ableism, you wanted to showcase how even your loved ones can miss the signsâ"you wanted your show to be as realistic as possible (as youâve stated when discussing this very plotline). But this so-called realism doesnât make sense in this context.
Everyone around Garfield are superheroes, the majority of whom are superhero adults with YEARS of experience under their belt and one of whom is specifically trained in psychology and therapy. Even among his peers, he had Ed, who was a peer counselor and who ALSO has some experience in a formal professional setting. This so-called realism fell flat for a lot of people watching because superheroes would KNOW the signs of depression. They would SEE and RECOGNIZE what was actually happening and would certainly put more emphasis on helping Garfield even if he didnât necessarily WANT their help.
I just found it extremely convenient for you (and frustrating for the audience) that when some of the Outsiders actually confronted Garfield about blowing off their missions and lazing about, it was Courtney doing the talking instead of Ed who was RIGHT THERE and didnât say a word. Or how, when Blue Devil noticed something was off with Garfield, or when Mâgann, Robotman, Cassie, Jaime, and Virgil had their little intervention, none of them went to Black Canary until nearly the END of the damn season. And low and behold, she got through to him in one therapy session. It was just so extremely convoluted and could have been wrapped up in the first half of the season if you guys hadnât made the adult superheroes act so inept.
Maybe then the Razor butt-in plot or the Infinitors/Markovia storyline during Dickâs arc wouldnât have been as jarring and/or pointless and/or detrimental to the other characters because youâd actually have the time to showcase everything you felt the need to showcase.
Or you could have used that extra time to depict other charactersâ"it sure would have been nice to see how the Outsiders and/or the Flash Family reacted to Bart being missing (we were TOLD Jay was having a hard time with it after he got back from New Genesis), or how being Doctor Fate was affecting Zatanna, Khalid, and Traciâs lives, or how any member of the Batfamily was doing. I donât know, it just felt like you guys were building up so much potential inner turmoil for certain characters only for you guys to just never go anywhere with it or make the waiting pay off by showing it on-screen.
But thatâs more of a problem with your whole premise of the show than anything. âTell rather than showâ seems to be your guysâ writing mantra these days. The amount of exposition spewed at us this season wasnât as bad as in Outsiders, but thatâs really not saying much.
All in all, I do think the season was okay. Certainly better than S3. But itâs still nowhere near what the show once was back in the S1 and S2. Which really is a shame, because some parts of this season were absolutely wonderful. The first two arcs were pretty great (that fight scene in the dark during Artemisâ arc still gets me, holy crap) and I truly adored Kaldurâs arc, which Iâve come to realize was definitely my favorite. Dickâs arc was fine for me because of all the shafted characters, he was the one that made sense to shaft (though WHY not a single member of the Batfamily appeared at all until the wedding is still a mystery to me. Poor Tim will never get a speaking line, will he?). As youâve read, it was Zatanna and Raquelâs arcs that ruined an otherwise good season for a lot of us. Had the season not been divided into chunks, I feel like their respective roles would have shined more in the long run.
Now, in spite of my tirades above, I genuinely do hope for a fifth season. I may not agree with or like every decision you make, but I think you and Brandon both have got a great show in your hands and I do truly want the best for it. But the criticisms Iâve stated are still strong and honest criticisms and the misgendering mistake you guys made ruined the show for a good chunk of people. So if a fifth season does come to fruition, I really am hoping for and expecting more.
Maybe that makes me entitled or snotty. I know I probably come off sounding like an arse and you probably didnât like a single word of what I wrote. Hell, thatâs even if this post makes it beyond your moderators. If it does, just know that this (albeit frustrated) criticism does genuinely come from a place of love for the show and a desire for it to get better with every passing episode.
Thanks for reading, and I am sorry if this spoils the mood a bit for you. If it does, remember Iâm just some anonymous nobody on the Internet with a bit too much time on their hands.
I hope you have a good rest of your day.
At what age do League members retire?
Why did you Greg and staff decide Garfield would rescue Perdita in issue 6 of young justice comic targets but Garfield and Perdita would not get back together in a dating relationship in by the end of young justice comic targets issue 6?
Is Traci fighting any specific tentacled eldritch horror in Targets Issue 2 or just a generic tentacled eldritch horror?
With the Warner-Discovery merger apparently messing things up big time (like canceling the "Batgirl" film, for example), should we be worried about the possibility that "Young Justice" MIGHT NOT get renewed for another season on HBO Max...? If that happens, do you have a contingency plan? If the show doesn't get renewed, do you intend to continue "Young Justice" as direct-to-video animated films; as part of DC Universe Animated Original Movies?
Hello Greg. I have a few questions for you
1. Who is Beast Boyâs father?
2. What is Black Mantaâs real name?
3. Did Kaldurâs mother Shaâlainâa marry Black Manta before she fell in love with Calvin Durham?
4. Are Violet and Harper a couple now?
1. The al ghuls have NEVER been portrayed as Muslim. Theyâre not even drawn as Arab 99% of the time, plus Raâs al Ghulâs origins as a character are rooted in the yellow peril stereotype. So you canât retroactively claim Talia al Ghul as a Muslim character.
2. Someone asked you if Queen Bee was Muslim years ago and your response was âprobably,â indicating that you hadnât really thought about it - and why would you, religion was never part of this show originally
In the comics, Queen Bee is depicted as white, you guys chose to make her Arab, so thereâs no history of her being a Muslim character either. The whole concept of Bialya being a terrorist state in the Middle East is also rooted in racism and Islamophobia, so I donât know if you really want to claim that either.
Thereâs nothing wrong with making Muslim characters villains as long as they donât fall into racial caricatures, but you CANNOT claim those two as Muslim characters to deflect criticism of Halo. It is revisionist history and you know it. Furthermore, it wouldnât change the fact that Halo is the first and only hijabi, who face their own unique stereotypes in media. If you think just because theyâre Arab, that automatically makes them Muslim, thatâs a whole other problem.
You messed up by making your first explicitly Muslim character a possessed corpse. Stop making excuses and own up to it.
Hello,Mr.Weisman,one question to ask you,please
Why you and Vietti put Milestone characters in Young Justice aka Earth 16?
Is it true Dynamite Entertainment is going to have you with them on new Gargoyle's comics?
Night wing and zatanaâs future?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron, what is the chronological order of recruitment of its members (with dates included, if possible)?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the superhero team known as Gen 13?
At the end of season 4, when the Super Martian wedding finally unfolded, Miss Martian had forgone her freckles, and Superboy sported a new haircut. Are these looks permanent, or exclusive to the wedding?
Johnny Kent and Superboy have the same physiology of being half Kryptonian, half Kryptonian. So why does Johnny seem to have a more complete power set than Superboy?
You have previously mentioned that the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America disbanded due to pressure from the United States government in wanting the heroes to reveal their identities. But who SPECIFICALLY within the United States government came up with this suggestion? Also, did Harry S. Truman (the 33rd President of the United States) also agreed with this suggestion; if so, how exactly was he convinced/persuaded?
Exactly how many times have the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron saved the world before most of the members of the Justice League were born?
Miss martian and superboy and beast boy died before legion of superheros were form so what as conner's age and m'gann's and Garfield logan's age then these three people died in young justice universe?
By the end young justice season 4 why did beast boy still view the outsiders as his friends or not blame them for his breakup with peridia because if the outsiders got black canary to help beast boy with his mental health problems before Perdita came to see him at the Hub Garfield and Perdita would still be together?
In season 3 episode 15, Eduardo/El Dorado sys he used to hate his powers and pray they would go away, but over time learned to accept and love them. I know youâve already confirmed that Ed is gay, but was that scene intentionally written as a metaphor for him embracing his sexuality, or was I just reading into that a bit too much?
tHeReâS nO bLiNd SpOt Iâm DoInG tHiS oN pUrPoSe AnD i LiKe It
Really? No blind spot? Youâre perfect? You donât need to do any introspection? You didnât even attempt to understand why making a Muslim character explicitly religious in a Western show is a completely different thing than making a Christian character religious. Context is clearly not a concept you comprehend. And you totally glossed over my point that none of the main 6 characters never talk about their religion and that religion wasnât part of the show until you made a Muslim character. But ok. Keep living in denial of your Islamophobic tendencies. Youâre going to get a rude awakening if you venture outside of this deluded fandom that thinks you can do no wrong.
If youâre going to make wokeness a central part of your show then people have the right to critique it and question your motivations. Iâve gotta say, the way you respond to people who do so is disturbing to meâ¦you get so angry and defensive and you take it so personallyâ¦is yelling at and talking down to POC who disagree with you really the best way to show that you care about diversity? Even if their question isnât worded politely, surely you understand that theyâre allowed to be upset when that they feel like they see racism in media? No one is perfect, everyone always has more to learn and different perspectives to consider, but you donât seem to think you do.
Hi Greg, I have 2 Questions:
1-Miss Martian have only one or multiple Bio-Suits for herself during the course of the series?
2-The Wedding Dress of Miss Martian is an actual dress (a dress make on earth and nothing more) or is her (or one of hers) Bio suit(s) morphed?
good muslim rep doesnt mean a very special episode explaining the basics of islam to non muslims, it means creating muslim characters that are just as good as non muslim characters, it means not making their entire identity revolving around their religion and not reducing them to sad victims of their culture from a western point of view, if you arent going to listen to what your actual muslim fans are saying then give it a rest, we dont need to settle for crappy attempts at diversity anymore, we arent obligated to give you time to figure out what the *** youre trying to do with halo, were past the point of groveling to white men for scraps and we arent props for you to use to boost your profile as the white savior youve branded yourself to be
Did Miss Martian ever take Garfield Logan anywhere when Garfield live Rita Farr and if so were?
What is vandal savage doing during the legion of superheroes tenure considering the fact that he is immortal. Does he perceive the legion as a threat like he does the Justice League?
In Season 4 ep 12, Klarion said Charles Daggett reminded him of someone, who was he referring to?
1 does clayface currently feel any guilt for faking a romance with talia just to access to the lazarus pit
2 Does talia still feel bitter about clayface
In the comics, Lana Lang has traditionally been Superman's romantic interest when they were teenagers in Smallville. She is also Clark Kent's childhood friend and confidant and one of the first people that knew about Clark's powers. As such, are these facts also deemed true in the Earth-16 universe as well?
1. On the day that the Earth-16 version of Bruce Wayne lost his parents, was Leslie Thompkins the first person who comforted him over his loss? If not, then who was it?
2. Exactly when and where did the funeral for Bruce's parents take place?
3. Did any of Bruce's relatives attended his parents' funeral? If so, then who?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Thomas Wayne:
#1. Was his father's name Patrick Morgan Wayne?
#2. What was his mother's full name?
#3. Did he have an older sister named Agatha Wayne?
#4. Was he a skilled surgeon and philanthropist?
#5. What exact circumstances led him to decide to become a surgeon?
#6. What is the exact date (mm/dd/yyyy) that he and his wife were killed by Joe Chill?
#7. Was the location of his and his wife's death called Crime Alley (also known as Park Row)?
1. In the pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) mainstream DC Comics universe, Cassandra Cain became the adopted daughter of Bruce Wayne. Is this also true in the Earth-16 universe as well, or was she adopted by someone else? If the latter, then who?
2. Besides her mother, Lady Shiva (Sandra Wu-San), does Cassandra Cain have any other relatives on her mother's side of the family in the Earth-16 universe?
1. Has the Earth-16 version of Orphan ever been addressed by the nickname "Cass" like her comic book counterpart is sometimes currently called by?
2. In a response to a previous posting, you refused to confirm whether or not David Cain is the father of the Earth-16 version of Orphan. Please explain why you chose to do this; considering this relationship is clearly TRUE in the mainstream DC Universe; both in the pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) and post-Flashpoint (Prime Earth) versions of the mainstream DC Comics universe.
3. In the current iteration of the mainstream DC Unverse, the reason why Cassandra Cain took up the codename "Orphan" is because her father, David Cain used that codename while working for a warlord/human trafficker known only as "Mother" (as depicted in "Batman & Robin Eternal"). So, I assuming at the very least that the Earth-16 version of Cassandra Cain was likely given this name because Lady Shiva knew the Earth-16 version of David Cain by that codename. Is my assumption correct, or is there a completely different reason why Cassandra Cain was given the codename of "Orphan"?
1. What meta-human powers did Ishtar and Nabu (prior to his death) have and how exactly do they work?
2. Are Olympia Savage and Cassandra Savage meta-humans? If so, then what were their powers and how exactly do they work?
after the final battle against the Zods, right after Lor disappears in the time-sphere, a bunch of other heroes show up (League members and a couple Outsiders). since Bart is with them, is that meant to imply he went to get them for help after getting shocked by the Eye of Ekron, or did they show up on their own?
Early, I had asked why Beast Boy was redesigned for season 3. I thank you for answering.
I would also like to know, what was the reason, out-of-universe for the change. What caused you to completely revamp the character to his more traditional protrayal?
With the recent comic news with Dynamite Comics, is there a chance for a Gargoyles crossover with other franchises licensed by Dynamite or would Disney nix any chance of them happening?
Like crossovers with Ash/Army Of Darkness, Zorro, Highlander, and/or Stargate?
I have seen a lot of people ask this question on reddit and stuff so it got me curious as well
1:Are Dick and Babs still in a relationship together in S4 I think most people were just unsure because we didn't see them interact like in S3 also I think because Dick and Zee seemed very flirtatious with each other which brings me to my second question
2:Is there perhaps still a candle lit between the two of them Dick and Zee I mean
Dear Mr Wiesman 1. What are Cassie Sandsmark Cissie king Jones and Stephanie Brown's respective majors in college and do all 3 girls own and were baseball caps from time to time ? 2. Is the universe !6 version of Hercules a supportor of mankind like Zeus is or does he have a differing opinion on Mankind in earth 16?
In the fourth issue of "Batman/Superman: World's Finest," Batman and Superman temporarily merged together and became an extremely powerful individual. The image in the link provided below shows what the merged being looks like:
The merged being's strength is so powerful that he easily defeated mind-controlled members of the Justice League and the Teen Titans; even though his existence had a short time limit. Just for fun, I would like you to answer the following three questions:
#1. What do you think would be a good superhero code name for this merged being?
#2. As this merged being is part-Superman, what do you think his Kryptonian name should be?
#3. Which would be a good secret identity name for this merged being: Clark Wayne, or Bruce Kent?
In the DC Universe, Martha Wayne was born as one of five siblings in her generation of the Kane family tree. The other four siblings are her brothers Nathan, Phillip, Jacob (the father of Batwoman), and an as-of-yet unnamed man (the father of Bette Kane). In the Earth-16 universe, what is the order of the five Kane siblings from oldest to youngest child of their generation? Please also include the birth year for the Earth-16 versions of Martha's brothers, if possible. Finally, in the Earth-16 universe, did Martha have a positive or a negative relationship with each of her brothers, and why?
When Conner and M'gann arrived in their home in the limos/bio-ships for the wedding where exactly where they coming from?
Have you ever considered making people log in with a username or password so itâs easier to ignore trolls who keep bringing up the same issues over and over again simply because theyâre not satisfied with your responses (while also clogging the queue, which currently has almost 2000 unanswered questions right now)?
Thank you for answering fan questions despite the downsides of it all.
I was wondering if a shapeshifter stands infront of a Zeta Tube, could they fool the system into thinking they are a different person, i.e. posing as Batman to gain access to league secrets via entry in the watchtower.
At any point in time while it was still active, was the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America also called the Justice Battalion; like in the comics?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 versions of DC Comics characters who were originally introduced during the comic book line, "The New Age of DC Heroes"?
1. Was the Earth-16 version of the All-Star Squadron alternatively known as "The All-Stars"?
2. Did a version of the Seven Soldiers of Victory (alternatively known as "Law's Legionnaires") exist in the Earth-16 universe? If so, who were the members of this group (and please include their full names, along with their middle names and nicknames; if applicable)? Finally, did they fought alongside the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron during and after WWII?
3. Did Franklin Delano Roosevelt (the 32nd president of the United States of America) played an instrumental role in the formation of the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron. If this is true, how exactly did this happen?
4. Is the Earth-16 version of David Reid the great-grandson of Franklin Delano Roosevelt; like in the comics? If this is true, is this relationship on his paternal or maternal side of his family?
What are the full names (which also includes middle names and nicknames; if applicable) of each member of the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron?
Is there a New Rome out there, or plans to make one? I imqgine the fear of railgun-toting legionaries would justify even more New Olympus misanthropy.
Was Abigail Mathilda "Ma" Hunkel a member of Earth-16's Justice Society of America (presumably as the first Red Tornado), or was she the caretaker of the JSA headquarters (which I will assume was located in a brownstone building somewhere in Civic City, Pennsylvania; like in the comics)?
I just watch Spectacular Spider-Man and wow this is the best version of Spider-Man i've ever seen. Why don't they continue it as movies or comics?
Where are the Earth-16 versions of Darla Dudley, Eugene Choi, and Pedro PeÃ±a?
Apparently you asked why you canât use non human characters as diversity when there are white non human charactersâ¦.well the answer is becauseâ¦POC have been already been DEHUMANIZED in western media for CENTURIES with harmful caricaturesâ¦have you ever been outside? Plus, if you only have ONE Arab woman in a cast full of white blondes then itâs not exactly an equal situation, is it? Do you seriously not understand this very basic concept or do you just not care because you know you have an army of loyal stans?
Just wanted to congratulate you on the new Gargoyles comics coming out later in the year. It's been a long time coming but well worth the wait.
There are two adjectives to describe anything associated with Apokolips; this being "Apokoliptian" and "Apokoliptan". Are one or both of these adjectives correct in the Earth-16 universe?
i am desperate to know what the relationship is between bruce and tim on earth-16, i know you donât like to give things away but iâve been patient since season 2 and tim has been in the show less and less, most of his tenure as robin as a teenager has been skipped over, i feel like itâs pretty clear heâs not going to be explored anytime soon if at all. i loved seeing the father son relationship between dick and bruce in season 1 and really wanted to see something like that with tim. can you please at least tell us if theyâre also father and son or if he keeps tim at arms length? is timâs dad still alive?
Is Halo Muslim rep or not? Because it seems like they are when you get praise but whenever someone tries to criticize the character, then all of a sudden they donât count as Muslim rep so everyone needs to shut up. You cannot have it both ways buddy.
When was Bart officially declared missing? Did Jay get back from New Genesis and go around asking when people saw him last only to realize no one had heard from him in like a week? Had anyone noticed or gotten worried before then?
we saw Dick and Zatanna doing detective work when Bart missing, and i wanted to ask if the Outsiders and other heroes were doing their own investigating when Bart went missing and we just didn't see it?
i was also curious if Dick, Zatanna and the others shared what they'd found to do with Bart specifically after "Rescue and Search" or if, as Dick put it, trusting Bart on his choice extended to his choice not to tell anyone what he was doing?
1. The Legion of Super-Heroes revealed in the 2nd half of "Young Justice: Phantoms" that Superboy is destined to do something on May 14th, 2030, that will go down in history and that will eventually inspire the creation of the Legion in the 31st century. As such, my question to you is this: Is that specific date meant to be the end point for the "Young Justice" animated series, or will the series continue beyond that date?
2. The entirety of the "Young Justice" animated series appears to set up Darkseid as the overarching main antagonist. However, in the comics, there are other supervillains in the DC Universe who are just as bad or potentially worse than Darkseid. As such, once Darkseid is ultimately defeated, who is going to step up and take his place as the main antagonist?
1. Exactly how tall were the Old Gods in the Earth-16 universe?
2. What is the exact length of the Source Wall in the Earth-16 universe?
3. When exactly was the Source Wall created in the Earth-16 universe? Also, who was responsible for its creation, and why did they create it in the first place?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of the Old Gods:
#1. When did they first come into existence in the Earth-16 universe?
#2. What were their ages; both biologically and chronologically?
#3. What were the exact circumstances that led them to ultimately become part of the Source Wall?
#4. Besides Gog, what are the names of the other Old Gods who are now part of the Source Wall; including the one that fell to New Genesis?
In regards to the Earth-16 version of the New Gods:
#1. What are their ages; both biologically and chronologically?
#2. What their real names (if applicable); assuming some of their names are just titles?
#3. When describing something that is associated with the New Gods, are the correct adjectives "Genesisian" and "Apokoliptian"?
#4. When exactly did the New Gods first come into existence in the Earth-16 universe?
You have previously mentioned that the heroes were NOT able to save everyone on Earth from Child's rampage. As such, approximately how many people died due to her actions?
Is there a particular reason why Klarion's backward spells were reversed in post production since this changes one of his spells essentially into "Weed killer this kill, killer weed". which is not how the Zatara/Zatanna magic works, since the order of words doesn't change.
I was surprised that was no news whatsoever in regards to a possible Season 5 renewal for "Young Justice" by HBO Max at SDCC 2022. I guess we'll have to wait until SDCC 2023 for any official confirmation?
I just read on the internet today that "Gargoyles" is coming back to comics. Congratulations to you, man! This is absolutely incredible! I look forward to the new upcoming adventures of Goliath and his clan!
Congratulations on the good news from Dynamite. (It was a surprised to me, but it seems now as if we were getting preparations for it - the new "Gargoyles" merchandise such as the action figures and board game, the "Gargoyles" allusions in "Duck Tales" and "Amphibia", Lexington's cameo in the "Sidekicks" video, etc. Apparently "Gargoyles" appearing on Disney + made a big difference.).
not a question, but what is probably just another in what is probably a flood of people coming to say CONGRATULATIONS! The Gargoyles comic is amazing news and we all know how hard you've been fighting for it. Thank you for keeping up that fight and I'm so glad it paid off
Not a question, but I wanted to send you a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING ABLE TO CONTINUE *GARGOYLES* VIA COMICS!!! When I saw that it was announced at 2022 SDCC, I couldn't believe my eyes! My twin sister and I grew up watching *Gargoyles*, bought the DVDs and the comics, and have waited for two decades for "Gargoyles* to come up! We're so excited to see *Gargoyles* return, and we're keeping our fingers crossed to see Brooklyn's TimeDancer adventures fully come to life!
Thank you so much for never losing hope that "Gargoyles" could return to us and always fighting for its return. Thank you, Dynamite Entertainment, for seeing its worth and working to spread the love of the show for long-time and new fans alike! :D
After project thrinos failed is savage still determined to conquer Atlantis some way or has he completely giving up for now?
When a light seat is vacant does the light ever consider multiple potential candidates to fill the seat?
1. How big is the YJ Phantom Zone? Is it small enough that Superboy and Zod just happened to run into each other, or was their encounter something incredibly rare that happened in a large place?
2. How did Zod find Superboy?
At any point during the time it was active, was the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America sometimes just simply referred to as the "Justice Society" or the "JSA"?
In regards to the members of the Earth-16 version of the Justice Society of America/All-Star Squadron, what is the chronological order of recruitment (and please also include month and year, if possible)? This question also assume there may be other members in this group who have not yet been mentioned in the Young Justice Wiki and have not yet been seen in the Earth-16 universe.
When the Legion of Superheroes chose to tail Superboy in the past, did they ever harbor any feelings of awkwardness or awe should they ever meet him face-to-face given he was their inspiration?
If Conner and M'gann had their mars wedding what were they planning to wear? Was Conner going to be wearing a suit or his standard outfit? Or was he going to wear some sort of special attire for the martian wedding and the same goes for M'gann?
Why was Roy willing to work with Dick after he kicked him off the Team in season 2? Plus in the audio episode it sounded like he still held a bit of a grudge?
I have some questions regarding "Greater Bialya".
1) When was the approximate date Queen Bee chose to invade neighboring Qurac?
2) How long did the campaign last?
3) When did it end?
3) Did the Justice League or the Team attempt to stop the crisis or were they held back by UN restrictions at the time?
4) Did its former president and current UN ambassador Sumaan Harjavti (Queen Bee's puppet) aid in some way with the conquest?
Hello Megan is being advertised so much since season 3 even though the show was cancelled years ago. Are people becoming more interested in the show because of Beast Boy and if so are their any plans to do a reboot of Hello Megan?
What is Dick Graysonâs (a.k.a Nightwing) civilian job when he is not a vigilante?
What's Tim Drake's ethnocultural background? I appreciate Chuck Dixon's interpretation of Tim as Jewish (on his mom's side), but that's rarely discussed.
I'm writing to tell you I appreciate Nightwing's arc. It wasn't what I expected, but portraying Dick as a lighthearted, competent operative and leader that can easily push someone to use the full force of their powers on someone is refreshing. I get the sense he's more self-assured and has a tighter social circle than in other portrayals of the character around the same age.
#1. How is old is the Earth-16 version of Kara Zor-El; both biologically and chronologically?
#2. Where on Krypton was Kara Zor-El born, and what is her citizenship on Krypton?
#3. Did Kara knew a female Kryptonian by the name of Thara Ak-Var, and were they close friends prior to the destruction of Krypton?
I was wondering if there was a possibility to make a video game to continue the story of The Spectacular Spider-Man? I was just recently playing Ultimate Spider-Man and that idea crossed my mind.
Hey, Mr.Weissman how are you doing,today.
One question I ask you:
Why put Rocket and Icon in Young Justice?
Now that spider man is on Netflix and is having great success, do you think there might be a revival to the series?
In Young Justice, why did Cassandra Wu-San choose the codename "Orphan?"
What is your issue with bisexual women, Greg? With the magic the gathering book you managed to get away with it by blaming the company but there is no one else to blame for harper and violets disgusting drunken predatory cheating kiss on young justice but you. At least you apologized for the first one, but that was just because it had become a major scandal right? With young justice you argued with fans and dismissed their concerns and you still got away with it, amazing.
Did Perditas heart naturally give out, or did Vertigo arrange it to do so?
How is it that Conner and M'gann had been together for 5 years and yet Conner didn't meet her parents until 2016? Did her parents know they were together? Did they know about their break up?
What month in 2011 did Guy Gardner, Black Lighting, and Blue Beetle join the Justice League?
Why is beast boy's dog worried for beast boy when beast boy speaks to wonder girl in young justice comic targets issue two?
Prior to receiving the powers of Shazam, what did Billy Baston, Mary Bromfield, and Freddy Freeman wanted to be when they grow up? Lawyers, doctors, athletes, etc.?
If Doomsday exists in the Earth-16 universe, is his origin story based on that depicted in the comics (either his pre-Flashpoint or post-Flashpoint origin), or is it based on one of his live-action counterparts (such as in "Smallville" or "Krypton")?
Which version of John Henry Irons' family from the comics is also canon in the Earth-16 universe?
Pre-Flashpoint DC Comics Continuity (New Earth):
Butter Irons (grandfather)
Bess Irons (grandmother)
Clay Michael Irons (brother)
Blondell Irons (sister-in-law)
Natasha Jasmine Irons (niece)
Jemahl Irons (nephew)
Tyke (foster nephew)
Darlene (foster niece)
Post-Flashpoint DC Comics Continuity (Prime Earth):
Clay Irons (brother)
Natasha "Nat" Irons (niece)
Ezekiel "Zeke" Irons (nephew)
Lana Lang (fiance)
In comparison to what happened in the comics, what were the reasons why Earth-16's John Henry Irons created his Superman-themed suit?
1. Why did Billy give up so much of his powers to Mary and Freddy in the first place?
2. What year did Freddy leave the Team and why did he leave? Did he quit to help Mary or was there another reason?
3. Does Billy regret giving Mary his power and does he know she joined the Furies?
How much of Rictus body is robotic?
Was Miss Martian planning on wearing a different wedding dress during her and Superboy's wedding on Mars?
Why does Black Canney and Green Arrow not have any children together during the years between the time they got engage in 2010 to 2020 in universe of young justice?
In regards to the children of the heroes in the Earth-16 universe, who ended up being their godparents?
In pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth), the Justice Society of America has a comic book run that lasted from 2007 to 2011. In the first issue of that run, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman were trying to convince Flash, Green Lantern and Wildcat to reform the JSA because of their importance in training the next generation of heroes. Batman pointed out in that issue that while the Justice League was a strike force, the Justice Society was a family. Wonder Woman pointed out in that issue that the next generation of heroes needed a moral compass. So my question is this: if the children and/or successors of the original Justice Society members are somewhere out there in the Earth-16 universe, why have they not considered the possibility that a modern-day Justice Society may someday be needed, and why haven't they come together yet? The reason I am asking this question to you is because I strongly feel that it may somehow become extremely important/relevant and may end up being addressed in a future season of Young Justice (for which I assume there will be a very good in-universe explanation), and because, to be quite honest with you, I really/truly do want to see a present-day incarnation of the Earth-16's JSA; even if you might end up thinking otherwise.
In the Earth-16 universe, does the Earth-16 version of the Dark Archer (Arthur King/Malcolm Merlyn) have a son named Thomas "Tommy" Merlyn; like in the comics and in the Arrowverse? If this is true, then does the Earth-16 version of Tommy Merlyn also follow in his father's footsteps and has also become an archer and a villain, and was the Earth-16 version of Tommy once the best friend of Oliver Queen?
Apparently the blurb with the Sportsmaster action figure stated that he was a freelancer who did some work for the League of Shadows. On the one hand, this makes some sense since he did not bow to Ra's in Targets unlike every League assassin we've seen with Ra's. On the other, he seems very closely associated with the League, so I just wanted to confirm.
1) Was Sportsmaster a member of the League of Shadows?
2) If so, when did he leave?
3) Was Huntress a member of the League of Shadows?
4) If so, when did she leave?
5) In Young Justice: Legacy, Sportsmaster has a number of minions dressed similarly to him. Does he generally have a group of his own mercenaries, or are they League of Shadows assassins dressed specially for the occasion, or just something in the game and not canon? Or something else?
A few questions regarding Sorry Excuse and DC Showcase: Green Arrow. Both contain a scene of Sylvester the Skyman reporting on the traffic with fellow radio presenter Pat.
1) Is Sylvester the Skyman actually Sylvester Pemberton/Skyman/Star-Spangled Kid or just a reference to him?
It's been suggested that Pat either is Pat Dugan/Stripsey/S.T.R.I.P.E., or is a reference to him, but Pat is voiced by a woman in the film.
2) Is Pat in Sorry Excuse a man or woman?
3) Is Pat actually Pat Dugan, or a reference to him?
4) When was Sylvester born?
5) When was Pat born?
Has there been any discussions or floating ideas of rebooting the
Legion of Super-Heroes? The second half of the season would have a
good lead in to the Legions adventures.
1. In Failsafe, is Bioship in the mental training exercise with them? Or is Martian Manhunter just simulating her along with the other characters besides the Team?
2. Does Bioship participate in training exercises for her own education? Not just for a team member to log time learning to fly, but for her to learn/practice something?
3. Was Wolf in the training exercise?
4. Does Wolf participate in training exercises?
Since Klarion and Child talked about Earth-17 in Zatanna's Season 4 story arc, does that imply that the both the Earth-16 versions of the Lords of Order and the Lords of Chaos are most likely aware of the multiverse and that they have counterparts in other universes?
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of the Arrowverse character, Nia Nal (aka. the superheroine, Dreamer)?
Since we didn't see her in the second half of Phantoms can you tell us what Em'ree/M'ree had been up to since arriving on Earth?
1. Did she meet any of the members of the original Team?
2. Did she learn more about Supermartian's love story?
3. Did she move out after Superboy was revealed to be alive or is she is still living with them?
Please feel free to enlighten. I really like her character and I'm sorry she didn't appear again until the finale.
On what day and month did Conner purchase his engagement ring for M'gann?
In Young Justice Wiki, there's a thread going on about whether Green Arrow and Black Canary are married, seeing as DC Showcase: Green Arrow has been confirmed canon thanks to Targets #2. Can you confirm if they are married now or not?
In Young Justice: Phantoms, Lor-Zod says that he was born 8 months after his parents were released from the Phantom Zone. Normally, I would take that as meaning Ursa Zod was 1 month pregnant when she was imprisoned, but seeing as she is an alien, not human, I felt I should ask this question:
Was she indeed a month pregnant when sent to the Zone, or do Kryptonian babies only take 8 months to develop in the womb?
I'm huge fan of your work and I loved rewatching spectacular spider-man on netflix. You've mentioned wanting to get a team-up with the human torch(I also loved the Johnny/Pete Dynamic). If possible how did that team-up plan on happening in your mind?
1. Was is it misunderstanding that lead to fight over a villian's actions?
2. A rivlary of trying to outdue each other(hopefully with pranks).
3. My personal favorite is how they're both teenagers and heros and can relate to each other on many levels.
I loved the time travel reveal that it was Lor not connor who was killed. When did Metron get the idea for this "experiment"
Hi Greg Iâm a big fan of the show, I just wanted to ask afew questions about the switching of Beast Boys voice actor.
1. Was the original plan to make Beast Boy older or was he supposed to be younger in season 3?
2. When season 3 was renewed back in 2016 and Beast Boy was being casted did you plan on recasting his season 2 actor Logan Grove to reprise his role or was Greg Cipes the one intended for the role?
Are Raquel and Noble divorced? If so, what year did they get separated and divorced?
First I loved this past season on Young Justice.
As I was re-watching season 4, of course you have many writing credentials
but episode 20 in particular was very good. A lot of twist and turns. What was your writing process for this episode?
Here are some meta-gene related questions: How young can a person be to have their meta-gene activated. Black Canary's metagene emerged when she was in Kindergarten (also what was the situation that made her powers appear?) so is there an age limit to the meta-gene's activation. Also it's been established that the meta-gene can be tested for if someone has a blood sample, can the same be said for homo magi and homo mermanus. If someone had a blood sample of Aquaman (Arthur Curry) and Zatanna would they find an identifying gentic marker in their DNA that confirms them to be homo mermanus and homo magi respectively?
If you had been allowed to continue the Spectacular Spiderman series, and get to the event of Peter marrying MJ, what would be the major events that lead to it? Ex - Are any villains cured, do anymore characters learn Peter's identity, and what happens with Gwen for her and Peter to not work out? It seems too dark for the show to kill off Gwen at the hands of the green goblin, so I'm wondering how the show might have possibly handled it.
Have you considered Damian having a relationship with Raven in Future season of Young Justice. I know this may be a spoiler but I'm desperate for any content with them having a relationship after the movies so I will apology here and now as well as accept any no spoilers you give in answer. Please know that I have deeply loved your work since early childhood and hope to continue to enjoy it for more years to come.
Is Kobold an original character?
Heck with it. While YJ is a very serious continuity, has the Earth-16 version of Lex for any reasons, stole 40 cakes?
That being as many as four tens, and being very terrible:-(.
How would you have see the second half of Phantoms playing out if Superboy never developed Zone-Sickness? How would he deal with General Zod and his followers? What would his reunion with Miss Martian and the original had been like? And how would he have protected Phantom Girl once she was no longer comatose?
How did Cat Grant get her own TV Show and Network and does she no longer work for GBS?
I'm pretty sure about this but just to confirm. Was Superboy in a bit of coma himself since he didn't awake until April in the Phantom Zone and all the time skips in Kaldur's arc are they the same days that Conner was also trapped in the Zone?
Also why didn't the time and date blank at the start when the Phantom Zone was first revealed, but didn't starting including them until later near the end?
When Clark and Lois got married did Conner serve as Clark's best man and was M'gann one of Lois' bridesmaids?
Also what kind of wedding did Clark and Lois have and did they get married in Metropolis?
1. Do the Outsiders have a PR person (just like the Justice League has Catherine Colbert), or does Colbert handle their PR as well?
2. What kind of responsibilities does Colbertâs job entail? What does she do that the leader of the League canât (or doesnât want to deal with)?
1. What year did Mal and Karen begin dating?
2. What year did Bear and Dreamer begin dating?
3. What year did Kaldur and Wyynde begin dating?
4. Does Ronal have feelings for Lori Lemaris
5. Do Perdita Vladek and Roy Harper beginning to develop feelings for each other? In the new Targets comics, they seem close and appear attracted to each other?
Do you think Jason if weâre to be on good terms with the bat family would have a good relationship with Tim or Damien in year 22( 22 years after the team was formed)
What are the chances that the Earth-16 versions of Beast Boy and Cyborg might be put into a situation in which they'll have to temporarily combine together to become Cybeast; like in the comics?
Do you ever plan to introduce or make their existence known as the character ravanger, deathstrokeâs daughter or son depending on continuity in the show.
1. What was Clark Kent up to before he became Superman? Did he travel around the world or stick around Smallville?
2. Did his powers develop all of a sudden, or was it a gradual process? If the former, ow old was he when he came into his powers?
3. When did Clark and Lois start their relationship?
1. Is Black Manta's mame David Hyde?
2. Is he somewhere on the autism spectrum, like in the comics?
What the chances that the Earth-16 version of Geo-Force will eventually become just as bad his mainstream DC Universe counterpart was; just like depicted in the crossover event, "Shadow War"?
So i just rewatched the whole of the spectacular spider-man on Netflix and just check out how popular it's become since it no longer airs, so may i ask after a long hiatus my question will it be renewed to continue the story cause so many questions left unanswered from the show involving Peter, Liz, Harry, Gwen, MJ, Norman, and etc.?
If you had not been allowed to use the Illuminati as the name of the secret society in the Gargoyles universe, what other names would you have used for the group?
i grew up watching cartoons you made like young justice, scooby doo and spectacular spider-man and i recently started watching them all again do you think thereâs ever a chance you can continue the series of spectacular spider-man for 2 more seasons? if you have any plans for it at all
If Achilles was gay, does that mean Billy becomes gay when he says "Shazam!"?
Why did beast boy keep calls from queen Perdita on his phone in issue 1 of young justice comic targets after the breakup in young justice season 4?
Hello mr Weismann, I am a member of the lgbtq+ community. And I wanna say that a lot of people from the community appreciate young justiceâs lgbtq rep, but some of us were maybe a tad bit disappointed in some areas regarding it (like haloâs misgendering during rocketâs arc) I wanna ask, did you have any input by members of the lgbtq plus community? Are you a member of the community? Some sources claim youâre 59 years of age and it may sound a bit mean but that demographic typically doesnât have the best takes when it comes to social issues but the point is did you or the showâs writers had input by lgbt ppl on the representation? Or where some writers lgbt?
In regards to the members of the Legion of Super-Heroes seen thus far in the Earth-16 universe, what is the chronological order of their membership; from first to last?
Does the public know that Blue Beetle was being enslaved by the Reach at the end of season 2 and know that he is innocent in all the mess?
Why is Tuppence Terror no longer a member of Onslaught?
What year did Tye Longshadow's father die?
How did Tye's father die?
1. What did Alanna think of Miss Martian after witnessing what she did to the Kroltean in Earthlings? She was clearly disturbed and horrified by M'gann's actions. Did Alanna begin to see Miss Martian as a bad person?
2. Did Alanna also figure out that was one of the primary reasons why Superboy broke up with Miss Martian after witnessing first hand her abuse of powers?
3. How close are Adam and Alanna are with Superboy and Miss Martian? I'm guessing since they attended their wedding they must be good friends at least?
4. Did Adam come to learn the Rannian language at somepoint?
5. Do Adam and Alanna live together on Earth or Rann?
Are chameleon boy's people descendants from white Martians in young justice timeline?
Was black manta the only member considered to replace ocean master after getting imprisoned? Or were there other potential replacements?
1.Could Owen play chess with Xanatos without getting completely crushed?
2.Since Owen did feel jealous over Xanatos praising Mcbeth-robot in the price, did he feel any jealousy towards Goliath since Xanatos likes him a lot?
Thank you for taking the time for this
Hey Greg, love the show
1. Is there a story behind Dick's codename Nightwing?
2. And if there is a story behind it would it be the kryptonian legend similar to the comics one?
What were the original team's reactions to Superboy and Miss Martian's break up in season 2, including Garfield and their families?
Did any of them try and talk to M'gann and Conner to learn more about the break up?
Did any of them try and help bring the couple back together like Garfield tried?
Did they find out the true reason behind the break up and if so how did they feel after learning what M'gann tried to do to Conner's mind?
How did they feel when the couple finally got back together?
What is Martian Manhunter's day job as John Jones?
1. What did M'gann and Conner discuss at the end of Cornered? We know that M'gann told Conner about what she did to Kaldur, but what else did they discuss? Did she tell him about Artemis? Did they talk about their relationship and more importantly did Conner spend the night?
2. Was Conner inspired to wear gloves by Black Canary while fighting and when did he alter his costume? year specifically?
hi Greg wiseman my name is tevya smolka and i am huge fan of your work and I personally love this season of young justice it was really awesome and tons of fun and I was just wondering i know you said before its a if not a when we are getting a young justice season 5 but i was just wondering if we do get young justice season 5 do you think you and your team will ever get the chance to explore the multiverse similar to what marvel is doing because personally i would be all on board for a multiverse story within the young justice universe? if not then I understand its your story and I hope your story keeps on going because this show has been everything I ever wanted and I can't wait to see what happens next on earth 16 and these amazing characters, also thank you for giving me one of all time my favorite moments of seeing my favorite character Jonathan Samuel Kent meeting his uncle conner kent for the first time it was such a sweet moment that I smiled a lot I hope to see more of those two bounding with each other in the future. Thank you and I hope you have a great day and a great rest of the year and god speed man.
By Tevya smolka.
Does a version of Rory Reagan a.k.a. Ragman exist on Earth-16? Heâs one of my favorite DC heroes.
Hi! I finally finished Gargoyles on Disney+ since it's the first time show got available in my country and I cried at Xanatos's talk with Elisa, just the fact show ended with main characters living with "big bad" and it felt completely natural, happy ending for all got to me. Xanatos's just the best disney character now.
1) is Xanatos's quest for immortality tied to his deal with Puck/Owen? Since it's at the end of his life, but if he's immortal, he would never have to let him go? Or was his goal always immortality, before Owen?
2) In Gathering Puck suggests that Oberon "Can't you put off the gathering for a few more centuries? I'm sure we'll be happy to report to Avalon by then." Puck doesn't speak in "royal we", or does he here mean himself and Xanatos's family, believing they will succeed in becoming immortal?
Thank you for still keeping this! :D
1. How do you feel about John Constantine?
2. Could Constantine be a good fit for Earth 16?
If they announce a season 5 will you guys add raven and starfire
I like to read the memos you sent to the writers about various Gargoyles episodes and in the memo for "Sanctuary", you told Cary to remove a subplot with Thailog and a paintbrush. Apparently, it appeared twice in the original script. I know it didn't make it into the final product, but I'm wondering what was up with Thailog and his paintbrush?
This is the link to the original memo:
After taking a closer look I noticed a slight difference in M'gann's engagement ring at times in season 4. Typically the ring has a S Shield diamond with a gold band, but I noticed how at times there is a gold band surrounding the diamond itself? Was this an error or a change?
Did the prison matron Mgann try to save in Terrors for which Mgann blew her cover and was frozen by Killer Frost, the guards name was Hart which you revealed earlier, did Hart survive or did she die at the hands of Killer Frost.
1) Are the people frozen by the Ice Villains like Mr Freeze and Icicle Sr, do they all survive or do some die. For example like the family frozen by Mr Freeze in the first episode do they survive. I ask because the comment that Icicle Jr makes about "Tuppence" to "Tommy" in terror where he says "don't you will shatter her assuming since she is still alive" was difficult(will someone die immediately after being frozen) to understand so can you explain like what internal logic should we use everytime someone is frozen like do the different Ice Villains have different sort of freezing powers, if so can you elaborate on that.
2) Is there a reason for why characters like Icicle Sr, Ice of the justice league don't have pale/bluish grey skin but Icicle Jr, Killer Frost and Mr Freeze do.
3) Are of all the ice powered individuals meta humans, what confuses me is particularly Captain Cold and Mr Freeze using cryokinesis without a gun simply with their hands and they were both also wearing a meta human inhibitor collar yet still both use guns in Independence Day.
4) Is being frozen by any of the Ice villains power the same as being in the cryogenic pods that had once frozen and kept Roy Harper, because in the archives you have mentioned that Icicle Sr looks young for someone having fought Alan Scott because of being on ice, or is it specific to some ice villains like only the metahuman ones can do it or can Captain Cold cryogenically freeze someone.
5) Were any of the Ice Villains like Mr Freeze, Icicle Sr, Captain Cold or Killer Frost consulted to make the cryogenic containment pod or was it a purely Cadmus endeavour.
1. Ed previously wasnât interested in the âhero lifeâ before he joined the outsiders, but became a hero to inspire other meta-teens. Does he enjoy the life now the same way other characters like Cassie or Bart do, or is it still more of a duty/job to him?
2. Why wasnât he interested in the hero life (unlike Virgil)?
3. Was the choice to make Ed gay made so he could serve as a love interest for someone else, or was it something that felt like it fit his character? Or a little bit of both?
4. Unrelated question, but if youâre allowed to talk about it, what are some of the pros and cons of developing a show based on an original IP vs developing one based on source material owned by someone else/ a company? Which one do you prefer?
Can you please go a little further into detail about how Orphan/Cassandra Wu-San became part of the Bat-Family and her relationships with the other members? Is Bruce her legal guardian? Has she learned to read yet? Does she attend a school or is she homeschooled?
Who caught M'gann's bridal garter at the wedding?
1. How did Superman and Martian Manhunter react to finding out Conner and M'gann were a couple in the beginning?
2. How do they feel about the fact they are now family since Conner and M'gann are married?
3. Did they ever discuss the couple's break up in season 2 while they were away on Rimbor and if so how did they feel?
How did Wendy Harris find out the truth about her friends being superheroes?
1. Did she already know by the time of Phantoms?
2. Did she ever confront her friends?
3. How did she find out about Superboy?
4. How did she find out about Miss Martian?
1. What was G Gordon Godfrey up to in season 4? We didn't see him at all in Phantoms so I'm curious? Was he continuing to try and make things hard for the Justice League and Outsiders? Did he have any comments about Superboy's "death"?
2. Why didn't we see Cat Grant or Godfrey in Phantoms?
1. What are the names of Mary Bromfield's adoptive parents?
2. To confirm did Garth leave the Team because of Tula's death? It was too much for him after he lost the woman he loved?
3. When Wally and Artemis left the Team before season 2 was the reason behind it also tied to Tula's death? Were they afraid of losing each other or was there more to it?
4. What are the names of Billy Batson and Mary Bromfield's biological parents?
5. How did Billy and Mary's parents die?
So does Vandal have a metahuman superority beliefs like Magneto does?
Why are Vandal and Lex friends I figured Vandal would see Lex beneath him
1) Did you know that Judy Garland is the inspiration for Mary Marvel.
2) Now Mary is dealing with what is essentially a drug addiction, now is it a complete coincidence that you have her an addiction considering her inspiration Judy Garland's relationship with Drugs.
3) Is Freddie Freeman an Elvis Presley fan.
4) Is Mary Bromfield a fan of Judy Garland.
I was troubled by one of your responses.
In a recent response, you said regarding Mary Bromfield: "And even as an eleven year old, she was starting to do things more appropriate to Sergeant's 18-year-old body."
Were you implying that 11 year old Mary was sexually precocious? That spending some of her time as an 18-year-old was causing her to be hyper-sexualized like the girls in that very disturbing Netflix movie, Cuties?
That is very upsetting - if true. Or, am I reading too much into your response?
Have there been other instances where two light members heavily disagreed with each other. Like with ultra humanite and gretchen goode over halo?
Did you watch Ms Marvel, Greg? I highly suggest you do and take notes on how to write a Muslim female superhero correctly. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Kamala was created by actual Muslim women and is an actual personâ¦
people are not accusing you of not liking your own show, we are saying that you do not get what *other* people liked about the show in season one and why it was upsetting when you flipped the script. i cared about the right-knit relationships with the team and mentors set up in season one but they were tossed aside in favor of exploring and expanding earth-16 more. that is the choice you made, that does not mean everyone is obligated to like it.
In the Reach Apocalypse timeline, is it safe to assume that Dawn Allen likely never met her future husband, Jeven Ognats, and therefore, their daughter (and Bart Allen's cousin), Jenni Ognats (also known as the superhero XS), never existed...?
Hello, my first language is not English, so I apologize for any mistakes. I'm a big fan of YJ since 2011 and as an Argentine, I was very moved the first time I learned that Eduardo was originally from my country more than anything because I love his character in s3. but I always had these doubts about how and why Ed thought it was a good idea to escape from Arg to the other end of the continent. Literally how determined was he to fix his relationship with his father to do that?
Was there a specific event that made him take that decision or was it an accumulation of everything? Was it anger or sadness or something else? Did Ed have an explosive temper before he learned of his father's horrible reaction to his escape?
have you thought about which part of the country he's originally from? 'Cause it would make sense to me if he were from the northern region
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of John Constantine?
In pre-Flashpoint mainstream DC Comics continuity (New Earth), Bette Kane is known as the superhero Flamebird. In post-Flashpoint mainstream DC Comics continuity (Prime Earth), Bette Kane is known as the superhero Hawkfire. As such, if the Earth-16 version of Bette Kane eventually becomes a superhero, would she become the former or the latter?
Now just before finding out Conner was alive in episode 24, how would you describe M'gann's current state in September? She seemed at bit better compared to the last time we saw her or was she just trying to appear strong in front of everyone?
This is probably sound silly but I'm going to ask it anyway.
When Goliath is older well he eventually require reading glass?
Hey Greg, it was really cool you introduced new characters and threat in Season 4 in the form of the House of Zod!
I know the characters of Geo-Force, Halo, and Troia for example were always ideas that were considered when the show was created but didn't have a chance to bring in until being able to write Season 3.
1) Was the creative choice of introducing the House of Zod always something you and Brandon wanted to do when you created Young Justice or an idea that developed over time as you created the following seasons?
2) For the secret maxim and the House of Zod chant, would you say the House of Zod created both from their experience in the Phantom Zone or it was always part of their culture as a House?
Regarding Metron in Season 4:
1) Can Metron see through the timeline and know events as they happen or is it more of his intellectual genius that allows him to anticipate events?
2) Was his actions against Lor Zod a desire to protect the timeline from further interference, stop the conquest of the House of Zod, a small act of revenge against Lor Zod, or a little bit of all three?
3) Would the heroes ever know that his actions ended the threat of Lor Zod?
I have a few questions regarding the timeline changes in the first arc of Season 4:
1) Was there a timeline that existed in which the gene bomb ever went off? (As in M'comm successfully planted the gene-bomb, Lor Zod never tried to lace it with kryptonite, and the Team never discovered the bomb until it was too late?)
2) Could the bomb explosion have been stopped even without Lor Zod's interference?
3) The Legion interfered with past events to help Beast Boy cope with his trauma and save him and Superboy from the sandstorm. Was there an event in which Gar and Superboy were saved from the sandstorm without their aid?
4) Did the destruction of the zeta-tube and Mars-Earth satellite prove to be a small but non-consequential change in the timeline seeing as Martian Manhunter survived the explosion and Prince J'emm & Phantom Girl later communicated and transported themselves to the Watchtower in a later episode (Zenith and Abyss)?
Dear Mr Wiesman 1.Does Cassandra Savage occasionally wear a baseball cap or a newsgirl cap when taking notes for her father on something or when reading through her father's history book? 2. What was Cassandra's favorite part of her father's history book?
If black manta were to escape his prison would he still be banished from the light after the damage his son did while undercover?
The thing about stereotypes in media is that theyâre so engrained that we often donât even notice it and may unintentionally replicate it in our own work. So if someone is saying that youâve fallen into one, itâs not an insult against your character itâs just to bring it to your attention. Getting angry and saying that someone warning you against a stereotype is trying to tell you what to do is a weird way to respond.
What would happen if Demona succeeded and wiped out humanity? What would she even do then? Did she ever put any thought into the "after" of her plan?
1. How did M'gann cope with her grief during her and Conner's anniversaries like when they first met and got engaged? How did she spend those days? They had to have been some of the most difficult days since they were also the most important that had special meaning for her and Conner?
2. During the Team's 10 year anniversary did the original team members do anything special and did they do anything to honour Conner and Wally as well?
3. Since we never got to see much of Dick's grief over losing Conner, how would you say he dealt with it compared to the others?
Any chance of a Dick and Barbara moment in Young Justice Targets?
I miss them
Huge fan of the Young Justice series.
I have ideas for characters that would be perfect for Season 5.
Would you like to hear some of them?
Arc 2 of YJ ramble:
So I think Artemis's arc is the (very general) consensus for "favourite arc" and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that it's a fairly grounded arc which focuses largely on the The Team (tm) as it exists now, and focuses on a Light scheme, which is very sort of classic and familiar for this show.
One thing I want to mention structurally is how this episode has A, B, C and D plots. But unlike a traditional TV structure where we sort of dip into these plots inbetween one another, all four of these plots are happening at the same time in the same scenes. Let's say the four plots are Artemis/Onyx/Cassanda (Savage, henceforth known as Savage), the Artemis/Cheshire story, then Barbara/Cassandra (Cain, henceforth known as Cain), then Lady Shiva/Cain. All of which are all kind of taking place in the same spaces with the same narrative line. I think this structure is cool, I think it's kinda new, and I really like seeing new things and not just the same structure every time. But I think it was also a bit messy unfortunately. There's a lot of emotional payoffs in this arc, and they work *well*, they were good for sure but I wanted to be blown away by them.
I think it's cool and unique, but I also found it a bit overwhelming because it made it harder to kind of parse things (which for me was a recurring problem this season). It's harder to kind of get at the core or the heart of the story when there's four stories going on at once. Effectively it *feels* like the Cheshire/Artemis stuff should kind of be the core of things, but there's so much going on at once it's kind of hard to be as impacted emotionally. It was interesting to see the tone and presentation of the season 1 scenes contrasted with the season 4 stuff. I'm not sure the additional scenes added much necessarily, but there was some cool stuff to see. It added detail (and stuff like Jade giving Artemis a small piece of their Vietnamese heritage was nice) but I'm not sure if it added meaning? Does that distinction make sense?
I do kinda feel like this story could have been a 3 episode arc maybe, or at least a little tighter, a little more focused. There's a big dramatic battle between Shiva and Cain at the end of episode 3, but that's not really even the stories' climax, and I feel like I've never really had a chance to get to know either of these characters, so while the fight itself was awesome, and I like a lot of the concepts here I wish it had come together in a bigger way. I mentioned this in my arc 1 ramble; where I feel like delineating these stories and making them into more separate full stories somehow might have worked better. We wouldn't be dealing with Onyx, Cheshire, Artemis, Cain and Barbara all in one scene together, and this Cain-Shiva story could have had a bit more breathing room.
That's just my opinion, though. To be clear. I recognize that for sure.
Cheshire in particular, I felt like her characterization wasn't quite as strong here as it has been in past seasons. She's obviously a very damaged person, but she usually doesn't let that show in quite the same way she did here. The scenes are a bit wordier, there's more explanations for things. Which is all very necessary when these storylines are happening in the way they are. I don't wanna sound like I'm just ragging on stuff either, so I will say, I still love Kelly Hu, I love her design, and I loved the way she interacted with the other league assassins (her former team) if anything I wish there was more of that and that was a bigger part of the story. I think that was the main thing I missed with Cheshire here, was the sassiness, she was a little too melancholic for my taste. Still enjoyed the character a lot, though.
One thing I think I maybe missed was why did Barbara take such an interest in Cain/Orphan? Considering the wound she took for the sake of Cain's... soul, basically. It just seemed like a bold move for a girl she doesn't seem to know. I'm smart enough to understand that it's entirely possible Barbara and the league and whoever had a file on Cain, and Barbara felt sorry for her, or felt that she could be something else and that doesn't need to necessarily be spelled out, but it sort of felt like there was something missing there maybe.
I LOVE the new take on the Oracle story, though. Which I've never particularly liked (always seemed too sensational), and I like that Barbara lost her legs doing something heroic in the line of duty, rather than just being another Joker victim. And I really loved the connection between Oracle and Orphan.
Also speaking of the Joker, I thought this characterization was a lot stronger than the one from season 1. The Joker was funnier, but he also seemed more deranged. Bigger energy, which I think is always a better direction to take the Joker in. At the end of the day he is a clown. Leave 'em laughing.
As always the logistical aspects of the plot are *immaculate* and I think the skill with which Greg writes these caper plots is so underappreciated. The detail of Onyx creating confusion which made Savage less suspicious was something I picked up on immediately. (Basically the question goes from being "IS Cassandra Savage a spy?" to "Is Cassandra Savage OR Onyx *the* spy?") And so I felt very smart when Shiva mentioned it later in the arc. The glamour charm aspect was also very cool. I didn't REALLY believe that Cassandra Savage was punished by her father; Vandal is just too practical to make someone less capable. Too wasteful.
Also Artemis's characterization here is cool. I love that she's just got... a boyfriend. A nice guy she met. No star crossed romance, no repressed passion coming out as bickering. He's just a nice guy, and she's not sure she wants her sister to meet him yet. I love the normalcy of it. It's also just nice to see her moving on from Wally.
The whole conclusion on Infinity Island was interesting. Onyx felt a bit out of place just because again there was so much going on, but the themes of tradition, doing better, generational trauma stuff, that was all great.
I've never been too clear on this version of Ra's Al Ghul. Traditionally Ra's is either an environmental extremist, an anti-crime extremist or an anarchist extremist, or all of the above. But none of those seem to really fit this version of Ra's, who worked with the Light, and cooperated with an oppressive dictator and a technocratic businessman (both of whom seem like they SHOULD be ideological opposites to Ra's, but that's hardly a given I suppose, especially given that the Light is aware of the intergalactic community at large).
So I just don't know if I really understand what this version at least of Ra's is all about. He's usually a voice of reason in the big Light scenes. I kinda wish I understood more about him, I suppose, but there is just so much to cover so maybe that's unfair.
But all that is to say, is that what worked for me about this arc works *really* well. It's not necessarily *my* favourite of the season, I think it was really strong and fittingly nostalgic.
Whatâs your favourite storyline focusing on Conner and M'gann's relationship from each season?
Season 1 - The Beginning
Season 2 - The Break Up
Season 3 - Engagement
Season 4 - Marriage/Seperation
Which is your favourite and why do you like it. Supermartian is my OTP of Young Justice and I love their romance, but I would love to know what is your favourite storyline. Thank you for giving me one of my all time favourite couples EVER!!!!
What is Kru-El's exact relationship to Superman and What's his story?
In #20 of the young justice comics did mgann established a mind link with Marie
Out of curiosity, in the Earth-16 universe, is Superman's belief in the existence of Santa Claus about the same level as that of his DCAU (Earth-12) counterpart?
When you say religion is a part of many people's lives, and that's why you decided to put it in the show (young justice), I really disagree. I wouldn't object if that was all, but I think you went too far by showing actual prayers being recited like we were in church.
For example, sex is part of many people's lives (right ?) but you can talk about it without showing people doing it.
Why going into extreme with religion ? Why not simply put a symbol hanging at some character's neck and have him or her say : I'm muslim or I'm catholic and I like it?
I thought you had owned up to the mistakes you made with Haloâ¦isnât that why you hired MPAC in the first place, because you noticed the fan backlash and realized you needed to do better moving forward? Why are you all of a sudden doubling down on the bad choices you made and refusing to take accountability?
How old were M'gann's parents when they first met?
What year did they get married?
Hello Greg, I have a few questions regarding the designations in the show.
1. Is there a specific person who updates all the designations in the JL computer? We learnt from S3 that Dick created the G series designation by hacking the Justice League computer, so does that mean everyone who has access to the JL Computer is able to update and create new designations or are only a select few allowed to do so?
1b. If so, who are able to do so if you are willing to list them?
Questions regarding the designation series created in S3:
2. Was there a reason Dick Grayson decided to use the letter G for his teamâs designation?
3. Was there a reason Batman decided to use the letter Z for his teamâs designation?
So what was the Manhattan Clan's reaction to seeing 4th of July or New Years' fireworks for the first time after reawakening from their thousand year slumber? I'd imagine it'd be pretty jarring for them to bust out of their stone forms at sunset to find the sky full of loud bursts of bright colors.
With all the time travel plots you've done where a hero from the future travels to the past to prevent a disaster/tragedy have you ever thought about what if one of our heroes traveled to the future?
1. What is Iceâs real name?
2. What is Metamorphoâs real name?
3. What is Hardwareâs real name?
4. Is Ray Palmerâs full name Raymond Palmer?
In Young Justice Outsiders, are Bart Allen and Eduardo dating?
Aside from Lucas and Icicle Jr who else cried during the wedding because M'gann and Conner's vows were ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL?!?!? Did anyone from the original team cry!!! IT WAS THE BEST WEDDING EVER!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
In the first season the Watchtower was more brighter, but why after season 1 the lightning becomes more darker?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to kill Vandal, it would suffice to put him an inhibitor collar and to kill him right after that (which any speedster could do in seconds).
And same question for the new gods, can they immortality be removed with a collar too ? Or does it just work on some species (meta-humans, kryptonians, martians...) and not on others ?
Thank you !
Hello Greg, I have been a big fan of the show since it first came out but I had two questions about Mâgann and Connors wedding.
1) Why was Mal wearing the Guardian costume when everyone at the wedding knows his secret identity and not just wearing a tux.
2) Why was Mal, Wendy and Marvin sitting in the last row on the bride side instead sitting closer to the front since they have known each other for as long as 10 years compared to other heroes that they know.
Hey Greg, first off I just wanted to say you and the YJ team kicked it out of the ballpark with phantoms. But I was curious, since Krypton was significantly more technologically advanced than Earth (before its destruction) what with them being interstellar and inventing the phantom zone projector, did the Kryptonians employ a zeta network?
After all Earth was able to create one with significantly less advanced technology and the only feasible in-universe alternative is boom tubes, which are restricted to New Genesis, Apokolips and their allies (since you need a mother/father box for).
Been meaning to ask: how'd you cast Quei Tann as Fury?
Thank you for continuing to answer our questions. I never thought a Season would surpass my love of Season One, but Season Four is now tied with it! It was so good.
My questions are related to the Magic School Bus.
1) does it have a name besides Magic School Bus?
2) what do you think the kids who were stuck in it thought when they saw it on tv in the Metropolis battle?
3) Did the Trolowags give it sentience, or is it just a flying school bus that had previously traveled through time now?
4) (not related to school bus) youâve previously said you planned through Season 5 as of Season 1. At some point, I believe you said youâd planned through Season 7. How many seasons have you planned at this point?
Thank you for you and your entire teamâs hard work at pumping out this product. Season fourâs representation had me gushing and recommending it to everyone. Iâm really looking forward to the tie in comics when they arrive in comic stores near me! (Theyâll probably be out by the time you answer this)
boggles my mind how you get multiple muslim women telling you they were personally offended by halo and you have the audacity to argue with them that you know better. you, the man who didnât even realize there was an issue with killing a woc graphically over and over, thinks he knows more about media representation than an actual muslim woman? oh wait, one woman said it was ok. with that logic, because trump has some black supporters, he canât be racist.
1. What year did Barbara and Jason start dating?
2. What year did they break up?
3. Since Barbara got back with her ex was Jason referring to Dick?
Considering that Raquel was one of M'gann's bridesmaids, and that Amistad was there, is there any reason why Noble didn't attend Conner and M'gann's wedding?
I made a mistake in an earlier posting in regards to asking about a Freddy Freeman's full name in the Earth-16 universe. Here is the correct version of the question: Is his full name Frederick Christopher "Freddy" Freeman?
Since the Red hooded ninja is Jason Todd what impact will he have and would that impact the Bat family
As of the time of this posting, it has been revealed on the internet that a new DC Comics character will be introduced in the third issue of "Dark Crisis." Nothing is currently known about this character other than the fact is that her codename is "Red Canary." It has been speculated that the secret identity of this character is likely Cynthia "Sin" Lance, a character from the pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth) who was adopted by Black Canary; but nothing has been officially confirmed at this point in time. My question to you is if you will ever consider eventually introducing the Earth-16 version of Red Canary; depending if her character is good/impressionable enough in the comics...?
You've previously revealed that Wonder Girl joined the Team in October of Team Year Five. Which month of Team Year Five did Tempest/Garth leave the Team?
1. If you donât like to be âtold what to doâ then why did you even seek out mpac in season 4? Just to have them validate you so the fanbase would back off? What if they hadnât been on board with what youâd planned for Halo, would you have changed it or did what you wanted to do anyway?
2. Do you truly believe just because youâre doing sci-fi that your show is incapable of falling into stereotypes? Have you heard of the non-human non-binary trope? Pretty much exclusive to sci or fantasy.
3. Do you not care that many of your Muslim female fans felt like the reveal that Gabrielle was dead the whole time was a slap in the face to those who thought theyâd finally gotten a superhero that looks like them? Do you even know what that feels like?
4. Do you understand that there are multiple white heroes, and thus some of them being aliens is not really a big deal, whereas there are no other Arab hijabi heroes besides Halo, and thatâs what makes it a problem? Also, donât you think her being a dead body is a little different than Superman being an alien?
Why did Lobo kill his clone?
Do you have a favorite Justice Kid from Young Justice: Phantoms?
Who's your favorite Young Justice main antagonist?
Season 1- Vandal Savage
Season 2- Black Beetle
Season 3- Granny Goodness
Season 4- General Zod
Was the decision to make Kaldur'ahm queer in any way inspired by Phil Jimenez coming out about his relationship with Neal Pozner in his dedication to him at the end of his Tempest miniseries?
Why do you think youre qualified to write about things like race religion and sexuality when youre very obviously not informed about any of those topics? You dont even seem to understand the basic concept of why certain tropes are harmful
1. Is Madame Xanadu a sorceress like Zatanna?
2. Is 'Nimue Inwudu' her real name or another alias. I ask because in the comics she is the Nimue from Athurian Legend.
3. Can Zatanna do the same things as Madame Xanadu?
4. I thought Khalid, Traci and Mary each having their own niche when using magic was interesting but kind of sprawling. Do they all have the potential to do the same kinds of magic?
5. Does heaven and he'll exist or is it more of a 'overworld' and 'underworld' situation.
1. What happened to Bio-Ship after the wedding? Did she go back to Mars to finally live out her retirement?
2. Why did Bio-Ship decide to retire and is it part of her lifespan? Does this mean her decision to retire also mean that her life is nearing its end?
Aside from Supermartian have any of the other YJ romances ever break up during the time skip like Mal and Karen or Dick and Barbara?
Hello Mr. Weisman
I'm a big fan of the Young Justice show and enjoyed watching the first two seasons of the show.Season 4 was much better than season 3. I'm so glad Miss Martian and Superboy got married. It's nice to see the original team members in the foreground. I'm so glad to see Zatanna and Rocket in particular.
Only the most disturbing thing in Young Justice was that Violet and Harper were together. Like all the other followers, I also find the Violet and Harper relationship wrong in terms of Islam.
But maybe you have heard such a comment before, but I still want to express my opinion. There are those who find the Violet and Brion relationship wrong because although Violet wasn't her choice, she was resurrected in this deceased teenage girl's body and was technically a newborn, just learning about emotions and being human.For Brion, the situation was even worse and traumatic. His sister was kidnapped, his family died, and he was expelled by his twin brother, the king of the country for which he sacrificed everything.Violet and Brion relationship seems rushed and wrong in that respect but in a way I found watching Violet and Brion relationship more real, intimate and romantic and although most people don't respect each other's opinions these days, Brion respects Violet and was really nice. I hope Brion and Violet They get back together like Superboy and Miss Martian.Harper Row is a member of the already known Batman family and it would probably be nice to see her as Bluebird if she came out in season 5 but I didn't like the Harper Row done by Young Justice and frankly, in season 3 episode 18, even though Violet said she had a boyfriend, Harper kissed her and Frankly, this Harper left a bad impression.These days, people change, evolve, so do people's minds so I don't know how people in the world view relationships in general but I don't think you can kiss someone who says they're having an affair and this show rewards Harper by bringing Harper and Violet together and makes cheating seem so normal But cheating is not a good thing if the relationship between Violet and Harper was made to support LGBT, I think there are LGBT relationships in this show already. Violet and Harper's relationship seems very strained.
Although this is an imaginary series, you have made it realistic enough to criticize it, especially by talking about religious issues with this season 4 and making it according to adults with the third season. Of course, it's a matter of preference whether to watch it or not. I'm sorry, Mr. Weisman, but when you put on a show that appeals to everyone, you have to respect people's thoughts and opinions because no matter how much the show has sprung from your imagination and the work of your teammates, the show has to be watched and demanded by people to keep it going.
By the way, English is not my native language. I used translate to write. I apologize if there was a mistake.
Hey Greg, I think it's so cool you voice the characters Lucas Carr and Ultra-Humanite on YJ!
1) Are they among your most favorite/most interesting characters from the DC Universe?
2) As a producer, did you feel you could choose to voice a character and be directly involved in the show?
3) As Lucas Carr, did you want to act as a guide for the heroes and comment on behalf of the fandom sometimes?
4) As Ultra-Humanite, I know his voice sounds a little different from your voice, did you make some adjustments through technology or could you do it yourself?
I'm going to ask 3 questions and the latter two have nothing to do with but I just want your opinion:
1. When are Starfire and Raven gonna show up?
2. What do you think of "The Boys"?
3. what do you think of "Invincible?"
Are the following relationships listed below correct in the Earth-16 universe?
Yuga Khan (real name Zonuz) (Darkseid's father)
Heggra (Darkseid's mother)
Darkseid (real name Uxas)
Suli (Darkseid's 1st wife, Kalibak's mother)
Kalibak (Darkseid's 1st son)
Tigra (Darkseid's 2nd wife, Orion's mother)
Orion (Darkseid's 2nd son)
Unnamed woman (Darkseid's 3rd wife, Grayven's mother)
Grayven (Darskeid's 3rd son)
Please note that I did NOT include Darkseid's possible relationships with the Earth-16 versions of Highfather and Highmother because there have been multiple continuity changes in the mainstream DC Comics universe since the beginning of the New 52 up to the present.
In the Earth-16 universe, Kalibak, Grayven, and Orion are paternal half-brothers due to them having the same father (Darkseid), correct?
I made a mistake in a previous posting in regards to one of my questions; here is the correct version of that question:
Is the full name of Dick Grayson's father John Frederick Grayson?
1. In the comics, there two different versions for the full name of Dick Grayson's mother prior to her being married to Dick Grayson's father (John Grayson):
A. In pre-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity (New Earth), her full name is Mary Elizabeth Loyd.
B. In post-Flashpoint DC Comics continuity, her full name is Marie Lloyd.
Which full name is the correct version in the Earth-16 universe?
2. Is the full name of Dick Grayson's father John Fredrick Grayson?
I may be out of line by making this suggestion to you, but whatever Season 5 storyline you have planned for Mary Bromfield, I honestly don't think that she should be redeemed so easily by the end of that season, and that she should be shown refusing to take responsibility for whatever wrongs she commits as Black Mary and should instead continue to blame those whom she feels have "wronged/betrayed" her even after she is stopped/defeated. If you do it this way, it would make her situation similar/parallel to that of the Gargoyles characters Demona and Jon Canmore/John Castaway.
How has it been for Conner since he was finally freed from the Phantom Zone and returned home. Obviously it might not be so easy. Yes he is back with his friends and family and more importantly M'gann and they are finally married, but he has got to be struggling. How has it been for him to be reajusting being back home, back with the Outsiders and all the changes that have occurred during the 6 months he was trapped? Is he getting therapy from Black Canary? Is he talking to M'gann about what he went through? Plus his job and just everything. It's a big adjustment I can't even imagine what he's going through.
I'm glad Icicle Jr. was at the wedding. It wouldn't have been the same without him, but it does raise some questions. Clark Kent was Connor's best man. Anybody with a half a brain is going to figure out that Clark Kent is Superman. Is that what the Connor was counting on? That Cameron is just too dumb to make the connection? Or, did he just not care? Or, is it for some other reason?
When Green Arrow "blindsided" Kaldur and resigned from the Justice League, Black Canary was upset by his decision of leaving her in the dark. Did both heroes ever make up after he and Batman Inc. rejoined the League?
Blake you know you'll have your answer in a year right ?
Hi Greg I'm currently working on a new and upcoming animated series project about a vigilante/anti-hero but I have a bit of a problem which is how can I write an original origin story that hasn't been done before?
How can I write good and effective dialogue for my characters for my new and upcoming animated series project of mine?
1. What did Martian Manhunter think when he learned Miss Martian was abusing her powers?
2. Did Miss Martian receive any sort of formal punishment from the Justice League or the Team when they discovered she was abusing her powers?
3. Does everyone (Justice League, Team and Outsiders) know the truth about why Miss Martian and Superboy were broken up in season 2 or do only their closest friends like the original team as well as family know the truth about what happened between them?
4. In Alienated after witnessing what she did tp the Kroletean, did Batman and Martian Manhunter begin to suspect Miss Martian was abusing and if so why didn't either of them confront her about it before leaving for Rimbor?
How did Dru-Zod and Ursa first meet and when did they get married?
Hello Greg. I have a few questions regarding some Kryptonian characters.
1. Is Kru-El the cousin of Jor-El and Zor-El?
2. Why was Kru-El imprisoned in the Phantom Zone and what crime did he do?
3. Who is Vor-Kil?
4. Will General Zod and the House of Zod become allies of Vandal Savage and the Light in the future?
I've read an interesting "Cronin theory" about how comic book and TV show writers "compete" against the audience on plot twists and mysteries, changing them when people on sites like Reddit guess the solutions before they're shown officially (like the infamous comic "Armageddon 2001").
1) Do you sometimes get annoyed when the audience guesses some of your plot twists or mysteries before the show shows the solution?
2) Have you ever changed or at least thought about changing a plot twist just to preserve the "surprise" after the original solution was guessed?
I also want to ask about Eduardo Dorado and the person he is dating.
3) Is this person Eduardo's first boyfriend?
4) Is Eduardo the first boyfriend of this person?
5) Is Eduardo this person's first love or maybe he was in love with someone else before?
Thank you very much for your hard work.
Where are the Earth-16 versions of Hawk (Henry "Hank" Hall") and Dove (Dawn Marie Granger)?
Hi Greg, I'm still crossing my fingers for Season 5. I'm ready for the adventure through Targets. First issue was outstanding.
1. We know Jeff eventually circled back to see Virgil after he discovered the truth about the Anti Light.
1A. Was Jeff motivated to go see Virgil in order to make up for the fact that he felt like he abandoned his protÃ©gÃ©?
1B. And what was Virgil's mindset going into this reunion? We didn't really see him talk about it much. So was he upset/confused/frustrated/happy to see Jeff?
2. Upon Jeff rejoining and eventually leading the league, did Jeff and Virgil ever go back to being mentor and protÃ©gÃ©? Or have they settled more on a relationship of equals?
1. Will Spoiler and Orphan eventually share the mantle of Batgirl; like they currently do in the comics?
2. If Cassandra Cain eventually becomes Batgirl in the Earth-16 universe, will her costume be the Batgirl version, the Black Bat version, or the Future State version?
3. If Stephanie Brown eventually becomes Batgirl in the Earth-16 universe, will her costume be the Batgirl version, the Spoiler version, or the Future State version?
4. If we ever see the Earth-16 version of Huntress (Helena Rosa Bertinelli), would she likely be based on the pre-Flashpoint (New Earth) or post-Flashpoint version (Prime Earth) of the character?
5. You once said that the Earth-16 Superman's speed is surpassed by Shazam, Flash, and Jay Garrick. However, if his super speed increases in proportion to how much yellow sun radiation he has absorbed over the years, does that mean he'll actually eventually become just as fast as them at some point in his life?
Would the Gene-bomb have killed M'gann, M'comm and Garfield since M'gann and M'comm are biracial and Garfield has M'gann's blood in his system?
1. Is Superboy stronger than the Season 2-4 Captain Marvel/Shazam or are they roughly around the same level? Obviously strength doesn't win a fight I just want to know if Superboy is on the same level or significantly stronger.
2. If Superboy is stronger does he have half the strength of Superman or is it closer to 2/3?
3. Is Orion on the same level as Superman or is he slightly below him and other Kryptonians?
In the Spectacular Spider-Man you had this fun running plot in the background where two people Spidey rescued during a chase (they got tied together in web and didn't look too put out being so close together) and we later see them at a club during Valentine's Day where they get engaged. If the series had continued would we have seen more little bits of them in the background? Also where they sorta the Spectacular Spider-Man equivalent to that one bickering couple in Gargoyles?
Itâs not a vocal minority that thinks the show has dipped in quality lol even the most die hard YJ defenders have issues with season 3 and the middle part of 4 but people keep watching because to them having the show is better than nothing, did you not see all the hate when 3 first came out?
1. What kind of punishment did Wyynde and the other purist followers receive after they were caught?
2. When is Miss Martian's birthday? Month and Day
3. When is Artemis's birthday? Month and Day
4. When is Kaldur's birthday? Month and Day
1. What year was Rodunn born?
2. Since Tula and Garth joined the Team in 2011 did they not graduate from the Conservatory of Sorcery?
3. To confirm did Garth leave the Team because Tula died. It was too hard for him after losing her.
4. Why did Troia leave the Team?
5. Did Garth and Troia know Conner was going to reveal himself to the world at the end of season 3 or were they just as surprised?
If a Kryptonian get exposed to a yellow sun with different properties (like magical, for example), would they obtain completely new powers in comparison to the traditional Kryptonian powers we've seen in the Earth-16 universe? The reason I am asking this question to you is because I recall this happening to Superman in the "Superman/Batman" comic book story arc titled "Sorcerer Kings."
Where is Will Harper in the wedding? I believe the original Roy and Guardian are there.
If you do Season 3-11 based on W.I.T.C.H. comics how would you do it?
How come Wonder Woman and Aquaman (Orin) did not attend Conner and M'gann's wedding?
So, the questions on Ask Greg have been so caustic and accusatory lately. I get that religion and sexuality are touchy subjects and people are entitled to their feelings, but not even an ounce of grace or courtesy. Manners cost nothing, you know.
And I do just wanna say I really appreciate how open you are with your fans, Greg. You've been answering questions here for what? 20 years? And even some of the really negative ones you've taken in stride. I hope you don't take that negativity too much to heart and know that the greater whole of us appreciate what you do.
Maybe that's too schmaltzy, or maybe it's crossing a line, but I was actually *personally* really bothered by the entitlement, presumptuousness and downright rudeness of a lot of the "questions".
But anyway, I wanted to kind of give my feedback on Young Justice season 4 now that it's ended. So I'm gonna try breaking down each arc and what I thought of it.
First off, I did really enjoy this season. I thought it was bold and really powerful, and while I was a bit overwhelmed by it I thought it triumphed.
Arc 1 - Mars (M'gann/Beast Boy/Connor)
I'm gonna start off by saying what I thought of the actual breakdown of the season and how the arcs were handled. One thing I love about Young Justice is how each year feels really different. There's either a major time skip or there's a totally new structure, or tone, and I think that makes the show feel fresh and this season did that very well.
Having said that, I had a few quibbles here. I think that because the seasons were so segmented in terms of characters used and location, I KINDA wish the arcs had maybe been a little shorter, with more room for one off stories in-between, just some breathing room between all the really plot heavy arcs. Some of the arcs felt a little long-winded, and felt like the stories would have benefited from a bit of tightening in regards to the narrative.
But ultimately I did like that we got a little spotlight for each OG team member and how distinct each arc felt from the others.
Now onto the actual arc.
I LOVE the locale for this one. The take on Mars as a society was so cool. I like the caste system the Martians have, and I love the different idiosyncrasies of what makes their society work. There's also a nice little story about Connor meeting his in-laws properly, which I thought was sweet.
I also love M'gann's new design. Something about it just worked really well.
The Legion stuff worked fairly well as a plot hook. It's basically the thing that carries us through the whole season, so it had to be fairly strong, and I think it... mostly worked well. It's a bit amusing to me that combined Phantom Girl, Chameleon Boy and Saturn Girl don't have the full powers of a single Martian, but I did like their byplay. (Also we find out later Chameleon Boy is kind of messed up, but it's really underplayed and I kinda love that)
The political machinations stuff was great as always. I don't know if this is a solvable whodunit necessarily, but I loved all of the pieces. The Romeo and Juliet romance turned murderous, the machinations of the different factions. That all worked really well. I think the sort of stereotypical evil vizier bigot character Troy Baker was playing was a *bit* too rote for me, but he was probably necessary for the story being told. Also the actual elements of the mystery were very well done. The whole thing made a lot of sense.
I had some issues with M'comm. Firstly, because they're so alien and strange I *did* have trouble distinguishing which Martian was which a lot of the time. This is probably something that'll be fixed with a rewatch, but I really think M'comm would have benefited from a more distinctive design. Also while I like the character a lot in terms of his parts, I think it would have been helpful to see more colours and sides to M'Comm. He's in the season a lot, and while I love his concept, I love his cunning, Ben Diskin was a great casting choice and I love his backstory, I really feel like it would have been cool to see more sides to M'Comm -- what do his underlings think of him? His family? What's pushed him to the lengths he goes to? Not just hear him talking to M'Gann about it, but maybe seeing it in some more tangible way. If he had just been a one-off villain for this arc, I think what we got would have been fine, but he was really one of the primary antagonists for the whole season and he's just kind of miserable and cruel.
The only other moment that really bugged me was when Em'ree and M'gann are fighting, and M'Gann's mother says something along the lines of M'gann's human-like form being her "primary" form I suppose. I felt like this moment was being explained to me logically, when what I really wanted was to *feel* this moment, but I felt like instead it was being logically explained to me.
I think the social justice aspect of the story was... fine. I think this is a very difficult thing to cover well. Especially when you're dealing with aliens and magic. This is both a Romeo and Juliet story, but it's also a story about prejudice and racial inequality and it's all very surface level because there's just no room or time to have all these things line up naturally with the Legion plot, the M'Comm plot, the zeta tube plot, the wedding plot. This is sort of where I think maybe segmenting these into separate into individual stories/episodes a little more might have worked better. Give us as an audience more time to absorb things.
Having said all that, I know my tone can be a bit critical but I still REALLY loved this arc. I just loved this take on Mars and hope to see more of it in the future.
can you please stop baiting people by teasing that a character might play a role in a season when you know that they wonât? i only kept up with phantoms because everyone was so sure that jason was going to be part of nightwingâs arc and that maybe tim would finally have something to do, and you fed into that by teasing jason since outsiders and saying tim didnât show up âat least in the first half of phantomsâ in an answer which implied he could show up at the end, when you knew he wasnât going to. itâs a cheap trick.
What was it like for M'gann after she returned to Happy Harbour? It had to have been hard for her. That was the place where she and Conner built their life together and it had so many memories and places. Everything must have reminded her of Conner. And their home, going back without Conner and it was also the VERY place where he proposed to her!!! I can't even imagine the pain she must have felt. Did she ever consider leaving and starting over somewhere else and if not why did she decide to stay?
What was it like for Conner and M'gann when they finally got back together? Did they slip right back into their relationship or did they gradually rebuild it and started over?
If a Kryptonian absorbs enough yellow sun radiation after a certain number of years in the Earth-16 universe, will they become completely invulnerable to the effects of kryptonite? The reason I'm asking this question to you is because this actually happened to the Superman of the Kingdom Come universe (Earth-22) when he was temporarily in the pre-Flashpoint mainstream DC Comics universe (New Earth).
Since Catwoman: Hunted is "canon adjacent" to YJ, and, as you say, some events happened similar in Earth-16, what Team Year would you say the events from the movie take place in?
More Legionaire questions
1. Did they ever follow Conner and M'gann when they went on dates?
2. Were they ever almost caught by Wolf or Sphere?
3. What the Legionaires think of Superboy and Miss Martian's romance?
Since the Legionnaires were following Conner for a whole year...
1. Where did they sleep?
2. Where did they live?
3. Did they keep constant surveillance on his and M'gann's home in Happy Harbour?
4. Did they ever go inside the couple's house/apartment?
Hi Greg ! I suppose we'll never get to see season 5, given the actual world situation. Even if you started it right now (and you won't), that'll probably never happen. So I wonder : are you sad you couldn't develop more Nightwing's character ? You had a golden opportunity to develop his relation with Batman, father and son. That could have been a great moment in the DC universe and now it'll never be realized. Do you have planned to leave your untold stories for people to read them after you know you won't be able to tell them ?
What's the situation with Lia? Was she a runaway too and if so why did she leave? Is she in contact with her parents?
As of the time of this posting, DC Comics has introduced a new character who also happens to be Black Adam's successor and descendant. The young man's name is Malik White; although he has also been addressed as Malik-Adam by Black Adam. Also, from what I read on the internet, once he is given Black Adam's powers, Malik will go by the monkier "Bolt" when he transforms; wearing a white version of the Black Adam costume while sporting a red cape. As such, Do you think that we'll ever eventually see the Earth-16 version of Malik White?
Let me get straight...you claim that ONE Muslim woman of color told you there was nothing wrong with Halo and MPAC didn't come in until season 4 so they never said the original concept was okay. Meanwhile COUNTLESS amount of fans have been telling you there is an issue since 2019 with multiple people saying the exact same things over and over and over...and you STILL think that you're right? You've never once considered that maybe you're missing something Are you really that arrogant?
Hey Greg, in YJ season 4 what was the total number of Kryptonians that were trapped in the Phantom Zone including the ones that were named (Zod, Ursa, Non, etc.)?
Up until now Miss Martian never really called Mars as M'arzz so why the change?
Hi Greg! I had some questions about the Cosmic Treadmill in Young Justice.
1) What is it exactly and how does it work? In the comics it's used by speedsters to time travel, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Am I correct to assume it's primary/only function was to super-charge Bio-Ship so she could fly faster?
2) Why did it take Bart, Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy over three months to collect and assemble materials for it?
3) Who's idea was it to build a Cosmic Treadmill specifically? Bart's or the Legionnaires'? And where did the idea come from?
I have four questions.
1) If Batman is Tim Drake's Legal Guardian, does that mean Tim's real parents are dead?
2) Will we ever see Thymescira?
3) Has Cassie ever been to Thymescira?
4) Does Thymescira have mythological creatures? Like Griffins
#1. Did Alfred ever apologized to Bruce for not being a father figure to him as Bruce grew up, and did Bruce forgave Alfred for it?
#2. Since Alfred became a father figure to Dick Grayson, did he also do the same for Jason Todd and Tim Drake as well?
#3. Did Jason Todd and Tim Drake appreciate Alfred's fatherly-like love and support like Dick (presumably) did?
Is there a point when an Outsider is expected to âage outâ of the Outsiders, since the goal of the Outsiders is to inspire meta-teens by showing the world public meta-teen superheroes? For example, Cyborg joins the Outsiders when heâs 18 and leaves to join the Justice League when heâs 19/20 years old. Virgil is around the same age and Jaime is already 21. Would they be expected to leave the Outsiders and join the JL soon since theyâre already adults? Will Garfield be a 30 year old man leading a group of teens?
How you plan or came up with ideas for your episodes?
I always had a question about the Grimorum Arcanorum. It's a book of spells but is the book itself magical? cant the spells be transferred to another book?
The plot of the Musicology 101 radio play had much in common with the then-unpublished Torch Songs comic.
Was Torch Songs already scripted and adapted into Musicology, or was Musicology adapted into Torch Songs?
At the wedding in Death and Rebirth, we hear Danny Chase speak. Previously he seemed dependent on a psychic link to speak, and could only "talk" in beeps in the real world.
Did Danny learn to project his thoughts? Or has he been fitted with a thought-to-speech device like Gar, the Brain, etc? Something else?
You talked about how there's no viable way for Spectacular to come back due to Sony owning that version but not owning the right the TV Rights.
Sony however seems to have the right to make animated films (based on Into The Spider-Verse and the upcoming Across The Spider-Verse). And they still own the rights to the Spectacular version of the character. In theory, would Sony be legally allowed to put out an animated film in the Spectacular'universe?
I'm not asking if it's likely to happen, just if it's technically possible for them to do that.
Hi Greg and staff moderators!
I'm currently doing research on Young Justice Legacy for a video project I'm working on, and on the game's wikipedia page in the development section, this sentence was added sometime in 2014 after the game came out:
"Many of the initial delays resulted from production uncertainty. In its pre-production phase throughout late 2011 into late 2012, the development of the game shifted constantly between Little Orbit's in house development branch Game Machine, their contractor in Madrid Freedom Factory and a satellite Game Machine studio in Melbourne. Once initial quality issues and developer responsibilities settled, the game was able to be completed."
The sentence doesn't have a source or reference to it. Would you be able to verify any of this, like what time you and Brandon were initially approached by LittleOrbit/Warner Bros for the project, or was this possibly some misinformation that was just put on the page by a random editor?
How long was Kru-El sentenced to the Phantom Zone?
how long was Non sentenced to the Phantom Zone?
how long was Jax-Ur sentenced to the Phantom Zone?
There were two Superboy flashbacks in the Season 4 finale; one in which he meets Jonathan and Martha Kent for the first time, and the other in which he meets Jonathan Samuel Kent at some point after he was born. What the exact dates (mm/dd/yyyy) that these two flashbacks took place?
Will Jonny Kent be the only child of Clark Kent and Lois Lane in the Earth-16 universe, or do they plan to have more kids at some point...?
whAt other animated superhero shows are you comparing the young justice viewing numbers against? the only other animated dc show in progress is harley quinn and on other platforms the only ones I can think of are invincible and marvel's what if...and were you looking at overall views or by week?
By the time Beast Boy becomes an adult, do you think he'll rename himself as Animal Man; much like his "Titans Tomorrow" counterpart?
Why does Chameleon Boy's Ma'alefa'ak design looks different in both the first Season 4 story arc (specifically, the third episode, when the Legion saved Superboy and Beast Boy) and the Season 4 finale (when he fought Miss Martian's brother); especially since the transformation during the latter looks more like Beast Boy's version?
When was the Earth-16 version of Two-Face born?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Two-Face:
#1. Is his real name Harvey Dent?
#2. Did he used to be the District Attorney of Gotham City, and a close, personal ally of Batman? Also, how many years did he maintain the position of District Attorney prior to becoming Two-Face?
#3. What year did Harvey Dent become Two-Face?
#4. In regards to the person who threw acid and severely disfigured the left side of Harvey's face, was it Salvatore "Sal" Maroni (the second most powerful mobster in Gotham City after Carmine Falcone), or was it Erin McKillen (the head of the McKillen Crime Family, who represent the Irish Mob in Gotham City)?
#5. Is his wife's name Gilda Dent (formerly Gold)?
How much does Conner know about M'gann's other siblings beside M'ree and M'comm?
When did Conner meet M'gann's parents?
What is the name of the Old Promethean God who nearly reawakened due to Lor-Zod's actions on New Genesis?
1. Is Conner getting therapy from Black Canary after his time trapped in the Phantom Zone?
2. Has Conner told M'gann about his experience trapped in the Phantom Zone or did she see everything after she restored his memories in the season 4 finale?
3. Are the martians planning to celebrate Conner's survival and truly honor him for saving their race?
Hi Greg. Just wanted to ask, although you have probably heard this a lot, are there any updates of YJ season 4 streaming stats? I know that it was widely publicized that the decision to be renewed was contingent on these stats so I just wanted to hear your personal opinion following the season's end. Also, thanks so much for creating this awesome show and for all you effort!
Did Wally West truly died in the Season 2 finale, or is only his physical body destroyed and he has turned into some form of multiple displaced energy particles (due to being struck multiple times by the chrysalis' energy) and his scattered particles needs to be gathered in order to restore his physical form?
Does the entire world know that Beast Boy broke up with Queen Perdita? Did anyone sent or tweeted "hate messages" to Beast Boy in response to the break-up; presumably off-screen?
After the events of Zatanna's Season 4 story arc, was Billy ever informed about what Mary did, and did he ever attempted to contact her to try to talk to her about what happened...?
Hi Greg I'm currently working on a new and upcoming animated series project about a vigilante/anti-hero but I have a bit of a problem which is how can I write an original origin story that hasn't been done before?
How was Lor-Zod originally planning to kill Superboy outside the United Nations?
Shalom, Reb Weisman.
I was first introduced to GARGOYLES through the condensed VHS release of "Awakening" about 20 years ago, and I finished watching the entire canonical series (as well as reading the sequel graphic novels) online shortly after the pandemic started. After delving into the lore behind the series (and falling in love with it), there are several things I'd like to ask and put forth observations about.
My first question: The episode "Grief" is puzzling to me as an amateur Egyptologist, as it portrays only Anubis as one of the Third Race. What does this mean that his fellow gods -- both his immediate kin (Ra, Shu, Tefnut, Geb, Nut, Isis, Nephthys, Set, Osiris, and Horus) and all the rest (Bastet, Sobek, Hathor/Sekhmet, Thoth, Taweret, Ptah, et al)? Are they part of a separate magical race, or is there some other reason?
1. Is anyone on the League suffering from diabeetus?
2. Is Superboy a toilet?
3. Which STD does Superboy have?
4. Since Superboy is suffering from IBS, has his rectum torn in half yet?
5. Do ya like jazz?]
1. Who has the worst diarrhea on the Team?
2. Does Superboy suffer from IBS?
3. Does Jay Garrick have Hemorrhoids?
4. Which leaguer has a known STD?
5. Does anyone on the League, Team, and Outsiders have Gonnorhea?
Why does M'gann not have freckles at her and Conner's wedding?
Why did Conner arrive in Bio-Ship at the wedding and why did M'gann arrive in Baby? I would have figured it would have been the other way around?
1. Did Conner go back to the Phantom Zone to release the kryptanian prisoners with the rest of the heroes or he did refuse to go with them?
2. Does everyone feel bad for not uncovering the truth sooner into Conner's disappearance since he suffered so much whilst trapped in the Zone?
3. How did the rest of the Outsiders find out Superboy is alive?
4. How did the rest of the Justice League find out Superboy is alive?
Why did Garfield still see the other outsiders as his friends after they did not get Garfield help from black canary before queen Perdida visit Garfield at the hub? If they did Garfield and Perdita would still be together.
1. How old is Miss Martian in human years? She is chronically 16 in season 1, but how old would you say she is in season 4?
2. What year did Superboy start wearing gloves and a long sleeved shirt as his primary mission outfit?
3. Do the original team know Conner was not at fault for his actions while under Zodâs control and do they learn about Zone-Sickness?
How old is Mary Bromfield by 2020?
How old is Billy Baston by 2020?
How would you describe M'gann's current state in July to September 2020. She was still obviously mourning Conner, but how would describe it? Had she improved over the last 3 months until she found out Conner was still alive or was she just putting up a front and tried to look strong in front of others?
my sentences may be a bit meaningless and misspelled. This question may have already been asked, but I couldn't find it.
My question is related to the song "The Will to Love" from
WITCH . Even though more than 14 years have passed, I wanted to ask you for the sheet music for the 7th verse, if I may.
I want to note that in no case (if not) I will not post anything related to this on the Internet.
Why did Garfield choose to stay and attend miss martian and superboy's wedding after peridia said to Gaffield that she has move on in episode of 26 of young justice season 4?
1) CONGRATULATIONS! You added Troia and Sergeant Marvel to YJ! Finally, after missing out on putting them in season 2, you've managed to include them. How does that feel?
2) Do you have further plans for both of those characters, in the event that you get one or more season(s)?
3) Why the white and gold costume for Sergeant Marvel? (Not complaining at all - just curious, as she also has a red costume in the comics!)
4) No sign of Lieutenant Marvel. Do you have any plans - any at all - for Lieutenant Marvel (Freddy Freeman)?
5) I love that the show bounced around in time in the episode "Og Htrof Dna Reuqnoc!" I also love that the Invasion tie-in comic did this (between December of Team Year Zero and December of Team Year Five). Is this a narrative approach that you could potentially see yourself taking again in any future seasons of the show?
1) How old is Denny?
2) How old is Malet Dasim?
3) What was the general public's perception of the JSA like compared to the Justice League?
4) How do the Genomorphs feel about Match's abduction by The Light?
5) Are The Brain and Mallah in love with each-other like they were in the comics?
I just noticed this while reading the first issue of Young Justice Targets, but isn't Stargirl's mole on the right side of her face? XD It's on her left side, but the show has it on her right side.
Is Oracle a member of the Team? Or is she considered to be a non-member who's around to provide tech support, like Mal Duncan in the first half of Invasion?
It's unclear in the show itself, which is why I'm asking. She has certainly provided support to the Team, most notably in "The Lady, or the Tigress?" and "I Know Why the Caged Cat Sings".
Hi, Mr. Weisman,
With Disney doing many revivals or continuations of a lot of their old popular shows (Boy Meets World > Girl Meets World, Thatâs So Raven > Ravenâs Home, The Proud Family, and there were also talks of other revivals for certain shows like Lizzie Maguire that fell through) for the last few years, do you think we have a good chance to a Gargoyles revival in the near future?
Hi Greg, I loved watching YJ when I was younger and I'm really excited to binge watch S3 & S4. I was wondering if you are planning to add in Starfire and Raven in Young Justice?
Thanks and I hope you have a great rest of your day!
What type of material is the Legion ring made of; considering it did not melt at all when Phantom Girl put her hand in the lava in order to save Superboy and phase him?
Hi sorry I got a little confused.
Jason Bard said when he introduced himself to Jade that he was set up with Artemis by his ex when she left him for her ex.
I think you already confirmed (one of) his ex-girlfriend was Barbara.
1. Is Jason referring to Barbara ? Or another ex?
2. If he is talking about Barbara. Would that mean her and Dick broke up after Season 3? But are currently (YJP) dating?
Between May 15, 2020 and September 17, 2020, was Mary essentially missing on Earth for five whole months? If true, did her adoptive parents (Nick and Nora Bromfield) reported her missing to the police? Did the Justice League, the Team, and the Outsiders also realized she was missing and did they even bothered trying to find her?
In the Earth-16 universe, when did Krypton first come into contact with New Genesis and the Green Lantern Corps?
Quick question about the Sentinels of Magic, what year did each of them start training with Zatanna?
#1. Durla is the home planet of Chameleon Boy (Reep Daggle) in the 31st century. With Ma'alefa'ak and his fellow White Martian followers now living in 21st century Durla, does that mean that the 31st century Durlans are descendants of the 21st century White Martians? If not, does this account for the 0.16% probability of the timeline NOT being fully restored; something that Chameleon Boy was rightfully concerned about?
#2. Is Durla located in Space Sector 700 in the Earth-16 universe?
#3. Which Space Sector is Bgtzl located in the Earth-16 universe?
Now that Zatara will only become Doctor Fate on a rotational schedule, will he now have time to fix his hair and shave his mustache and beard so that he will look similar to how he was back in 2010?
If the saying that the deceased watch over their loved ones in Heaven is true in the Earth-16 universe, do you think that Sindella would be disappointed by her daughter's actions in Zatanna's season 4 story arc?
#1. I know this sounds somewhat silly, but when the school bus returned back to 2010, did Penny Randall actually managed to get to the bathroom on time?
#2. Since Black Canary mentioned that Penny Randall wanted to build safer bridges (presumably due to her own personal experiences), will we eventually see if her work has ultimately proven successful?
1) Are Conner and M'gann planning to have kids?
2) In Emergency Dive Orin asks "How long have you hated me" what would the real Orm have said to that
3) How would you describe the relationships between the members of the light in season 1. Allies, friends, or co-workers
4) I understand Ras leaving the Light but why turn over control of the Shadows to them?
5) Did the Light ever try to break Ocean Master out of prison?
In the Earth-16 universe, who discovered the Phantom Zone and gave it its name? When did this happened in the Earth-16 timeline?
In the Zatara flashbacks during the Zatanna story arc, what exactly were the mechanical monsters that Superman defeated? I mean, who created them and for what purpose? Also, since they were not visually seen, please describe what the mechanical monsters looked like? Finally, when was the exact date the news segment of Superman took place on TV during that time?
When Zatanna's mother passed away in 2008, did she ever wrongfully got angry at her father for not being there to say goodbye to her mother before she died; since he was away working at the time?
1) What was Katherine's plan for the Eggs when she got to Edinburgh?
2) Did Gargoyles ever have their own language before adopting human ones?
3) Are there any examples of Gargoyle architecture?
4) How large was the Scone clan by 994 AD
5) What would Katherine have thought of Maol Chalvim overthrowing their cousin Kenneth?
1. What are the main differences between a Motherbox and a Fatherbox, is it just an aesthetic difference since they have Mobius tech/operating system or is there something only or the other can do that the other cannot?
2. Out of universe why wasn't Spectre and the Golden Age Hawkman part of the Justice Society of America on Earth 16? Not asking if they exist on Earth 16 only what made you decide not to use them as members of the JSA in this iteration?
3. On Earth 16 what does the Courage of Achilles and Stamina of Atlas do for the Marvels? Sometimes one provides invulnerability over the other and vice versa, so what are the main powers that they provide?
This is something that confuses me but basically The league of shadows have had a contract on Jade ever since she betrayed them to save Red Arrow(also said in young justice phantoms Artemis arc), now this happens as per Red Arrows Journal happens around May 26 team year 4 yet in young justice legacy 17 February team year 5 Cheshire is working with the League of shadows and even telling them to keep digging so did she just rejoin the league of shadows and betray them once again and the league of shadows just allowed her to rejoin them after her first betrayal so easily seems weird to me.
1) So in Secrets Mgann is dressed as a zombie and Superboy is dressed as a mummy wearing bandages is this an intentional reference to season 3-4 that is Miss martian embracing her white martian status and Superboy getting burns due to the lava.
2) If this true can I expect Wally to return as a werewolf.
1) So at first I thought it was a coincidence since English isn't my first language but Talia's accent in Catwoman Hunted and Young Justice Phantoms seemed different to me, Then I even checked with the Young Justice wiki page and they had a similar conclusion. So are the accents for Talia different or are we just reading too much into it since in Catwoman Hunted she sounds like she has a middle eastern accent.While in Young Justice Phantoms she has a british accent.
2) Is there a reason why the two accents were different was it to demonstrate that Catwoman Hunted is canon adjacent.
3) I have always wondered like when you make things that are Canon Adjacent why not simply make them canon it doesn't seem like it would be a particularly difficult task like I get Green Arrow Showcase is pre young justice so When you tabulated the young justice timeline you saw that more elements had to be at play and changed the version of events that happened on earth 16 or GLTAS which you didn't work on so you wanted the freedom to pick and choose the elements you wanted from it. But why make Catwoman Hunted canon adjacent instead of making it canon, I mean there are a few things that are difficult to place in earth 16 timeline since by the time Batwoman becomes active Cheshire has already betrayed the League of Shadows. So why make these decisions you could just as easily altered the story ever so slightly to make it canon, I mean you are the sole writer for it I think. This is not really a criticism since I loved Catwoman Hunted but something that I found curious nonetheless.
4) Also in case we get a 5th season and I really hope it does, you will hit the episode 100 milestone, hope that episode is celebratory.
#1. What year was Sindella Zatara diagnosed with cancer?
#2a. Using the link provided below, what type of cancer did Sindella Zatara have?
#2b. If the cancer she had consists of multiple stages, which stage was her cancer in?
#3. After she died, where was Sindella's funeral held, and where was she buried?
#4. Did the Earth-16 version of Zachary "Zach" Zatara (Giovanni's and Sindella's nephew, and Zatanna's paternal cousin) attended Sindella's funeral?
I may be getting WAY ahead of myself by asking this question, but if "Young Justice" get renewed for another season, will there be at least one scene involving a special family bonding moment between Jonny Kent and Kara Zor-El?
Just so I can understand this correctly, Clark knew that Conner's burn wounds were still healing, and the reason why he asked Jonny if he wanted to see Conner because he was worried that Jonny would've freaked out (or something) at the sight of Conner's appearance at the time? And then, when he realized how excited Jonny was at seeing Conner again on the video screen, Clark then realized that there was nothing to worry about after all?
Was Lex Luthor and Superman ever friends or were they enemies from their first meeting?
Were any of the villains hesitant about joining the Light when Vandal sent out the invitations?
How come Black Manta and Brain haven't told Waller about the Light?
Did the average supervillian knew about Lex Luthor's shady dealing prior to season 3 was it a pretty open secret?
So when Klarion is searching for the Heroes as a bus he also ends up at Apokolips a year later was this because Klarion rightly sensed the presence of Mary Bromfield there now that she and Supergirl are the next generation of Furies.
#1. Was all the damage inside the Fortress of Solitude repaired before or after Superboy's and Miss Martian's wedding?
#2. Even though it was not seen, is Superman's ship stored somewhere inside the Fortress of Solitude?
#3. How come the Fortress of Solitude does not appear to have any Kryptonian service robots (like Kelex) for internal security and other purposes?
I'm looking through all these questions and answers and it's kind of troubling me a bit. I can't tell anyone else how to write (and you have been doing it far longer and more successfully than I have) but part of me disapproves of answering all these questions.
Granted, a lot of questions on this site are amazing and deserve to be acknowledged. I just recall how David Lynch responds when a fan demands an explanation for what they just saw: "What do YOU think happened?"
I guess my question boils down to are there any plot points you don't know? Not because they haven't been written or decided yet, but because you believe its ambiguity should be kept up for debate? When I write, I have a bunch of opinions about my story and what my characters are thinking. But for most of it, I like to pretend I could be wrong, and that a reader's different interpretation could be more on-the-ball than my own.
Are there any mysteries in your stories (Gargoyles, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Young Justice) that you want to leave up to the fans to draw their own conclusions? Something you could offer your OWN opinion on, but that opinion is not canon or official? If you'll indulge me, could you also give me a couple of examples of your unsolved / undecided mysteries (if they even exist)?
Will we ever see animated cameos of yourself and Brandon Vietti on "Young Justice"?
In the post-credits scene of the "Young Justice" Season 4 finale, Grayven told Darkseid that Mary Bromfield and Kara Zor-El were the next generation of Furies. Given this statement, does that imply/suggests that there will be more new Furies in Season 5 who will also join Kara and Mary?
1. What is the chronological age of the Phantom Stranger?
2. What was the biological of Arion when Atlantis fell?
3. What age was Arion in his clone body?
4. Would Orin Orm, and Artur descendants of Arion and thus Vandal Savage?
5. Did the throne of Atlantis draw claim from being the heir to Arion or was it based on something else?
Since you've written for the setting, what's your favorite Ravnica Guild, and which do you find the most interesting, assuming it isn't also your favorite?
How is Danny able to communicate now without Motherbox?
What is going to happen to Danny now? Will he join the Team and how will the Justice League help with his situation?
Why did Danny run away from home?
If "Young Justice" gets a Season 5, will there be a story arc that addresses the consequences of Superboy's actions from when he temporarily sided with the House of Zod? I can't imagine that the entire world would've easily forgive him; even if it was somehow explained to everyone that he was not in his right state of mind when it happened, and I suspect there will likely be people who are likely still afraid of him and don't trust him anymore.
During the first episode in Zatanna's arc there was a moment where she bumped into a kid who was wearing a Superman S T-shirt. Why didn't you use that moment as an opportunity to show Zatanna's grief over Conner's death? Zatanna was really the only member of the original team who didn't have a scene where she grieved or took a moment to mourn Conner unlike everyone else? I know in the end her arc played an important role in Superboy's story, but still I'm curious why didn't you give Zatanna a moment to show her own feelings over losing Conner? A lot of fans were hoping for some insight into their friendship.
#1. What exactly is M'ree M'orzz's job position at Star Labs, and what exactly does she do? Also, during the four to five months she been doing the job, has she truly enjoyed working there?
#2. Aside from her work at Star Labs, did M'ree M'orzz learn anything interesting during her time on Earth?
#3. What made M'ree M'orzz decide to go back to her original name by the time of the Season 4 finale? I mean, it sounded like she put a lot of thought into this decision, but I'd still like to know the reason why.
1. Is there any significance to the fact, out of M'aatt and J'aann's 29 children, only 2 of them are A'ashenn and the rest are G'arruunn? Is that a common occurrence amongst mixed families? Would another couple that is A'ashenn and G'arruunn have a majority of children with the one skin color?
2. Why do female Martians specifically need to ask the blessing of their mate's parents?
3. Would the gene bomb have killed any Y'ellonn Martians if they were A'ashenn or G'arruun originally?
4. Mars have issues with prejudice, but generally speaking, how do they take LGBT relationships? Would a Martain who is LGBT face anywhere near the level of prejucie if they were A'ashenn?
5. Is Ma'alefa'ak (animal) a natural predator of Martians or is it just a dangerous, wild animal, e.g like a bear or wolf? Why are Martians so particularly scared of it? When Beat Boy becomes a Ma'alefa'ak, the Martians quickly brain blast him out of fear. I know Beast Boy was particularly vulnerable to such an attack, but would a brain blast be just as effective against a genuine Ma'alefa'ak?
Was the reason you made Perdita move on from Beast Boy because you wanted to show the severity of the consequences of his own actions, and also show how there are some things that can never be fixed once they are broken...?
What year did Orin and Mera meet?
what year did Orin and Mera begin a relationship
What year did Orin and Mera get married?
1. How did Conner feel about the fact that he was naked for most of the season?
2. How many years did Lagoon Boy hold a grudge against Superboy
3. Did Lagoon Boy hold a grudge against Conner because Miss Martian broke up with him to get back together with Superboy?
4. What is the temperature like in the Phantom Zone? Is there no heat or cold?
Ever since it was revealed in Season 2 of "Young Justice" that Queen Bee was responsible for the death of Beast Boy's mother, I have been waiting each season for the villain to be brought to justice for this crime. As such, my question to you is this: When will that day finally come?
As you've mentioned before, Beast Boy's Season 4 storyline revolved around him suffering from post-traumatic stress. However, if his Season 4 storyline had instead been written out with the focus being on suicide prevention instead of post-traumatic stress, would HBO Max have allowed it to be shown, or would that have likely been too graphic and dark for a DC Comics character of his young age...?
Has Mary Bromfield ever considered having her last name legally changed from Bromfield to Baston?
Are Jason Bard and Artemis still dating by the end of Young Justice Phantoms?
Why didn't black canary not apologize to queen peridia for not counseling Garfield before the breakup of Garfield and peridia after peridia was rescue in 2020? back canary might think if she council Garfield before peridia visit Garfield at the HUB Garfield and peridia might still together.
Out of curiosity, why did the heroes only appear AFTER the conflict with the House of Zod and Miss Martian's brother had ended?
1. When did Ed start dating his boyfriend?
2. When did Bart start dating the person heâs seeing?
In regards to the subtitle for Season 4 of "Young Justice," it seems that "Phantoms" had at least two meanings to it. The first one is obviously a reference to the Phantom Zone, but is the second meaning associated with each Team member's personal demons, or is it something else?
Will we ever see the events of "Young Justice: Legacy" be retold in comic book or animated film form?
It you had came up with the idea of creating secret messages using the first letter of each episode title during Seasons 1 and 2, what messages would you have used?
How did queen peridia get the scar on her body seen in young justice season 4?
How could you possibly know that Young Justice has higher viewing numbers than animated superhero shows on other streaming services? None of these companies publicly share their ratings, even the execs at HBO Max donât have that information. If you saw it online somewhere then sorry but itâs not accurate.
What is the time difference between DC Showcase: Green Arrow and Young Justice's Coldhearted?
Thank you, have a good rest of your day!
Why did Queen Perdita choose to begin dating Garfield Logan if she did not see him as a possible future husband?
How was a phantom zone projector in 31 century to let out Dru -Zod and the others out from the phantom zone if the phantom zone projector was destroy in the year 2020 of the 21 century in young justice universe?
*Was there anyone else who was invited to Supermartian's wedding, but didn't show up and if so who?
*Did Lagoon Boy finally make amends with Superboy at the wedding?
1. Are Cullen and Traya a couple and if so when did they start dating?
2. Are Wendy and Marvin still dating by 2020?
3. Has Bear and Dreamer ever thought about getting married?
4. Who told Bear and the New Gods Superboy is alive?
1. Did the Light conduct their own investigation into Superboy's death?
2. Since Lor-Zod revealed himself as Superboy's killer to Darkseid, did he inform the Light of this information?
3. Did Superman ever confront Lex Luthor about Superboy's death?
4. Did the Light find out Superboy was alive through Klarion after his encounter with Zatanna and the original team or did they find out some other way?
1. Why haven't Oliver and Dinah gotten married?
2. What year did Clark and Lois begin a relationship?
3. What year did Clark reveal his secret identity to Lois?
4. What year did Lois meet Conner?
1. What year did Raquel and Noble begin a relationship?
2. Did Raquel and Noble get married in 2016 and if so what month?
3. What year did Orin and Mera meet?
4. What year did Orin and Mera get married?
5. Is Orin and Orm's mother still alive?
Hello Mr. Weisman, my name is Michael and I have some questions for you.
1. Are Robin (Tim Drake) and Spoiler now?
2. Did they become a couple before Superboy and Miss Martianâs wedding?
3. Who is your favorite DC hero and villain?
1. What year did Kaldur and Wyynde start dating?
2. What year did Garfield and Perdita start dating?
3. What year did Dick and Barbara start dating
4. Did Raquel and Kaldur date?
5. What year did Raquel and Noble divorce?
How did Queen Perdita's mother die in young justice timeline? What year did Queen Perdita's mother die in young justice timeline?
Hello Mr. Weisman,
Personally, Iâm a fan of the Violet x Harper ship over the Violet x Brion ship, so I have a few questions regarding the former two:
1). Following the events of âEgo and Superego,â are Violet and Harper dating?
2). If the above answer is yes, when did they start dating?
3). When did Tara realize that Harper had feelings for Violet?
4). I remember Cullen saying he could keep a secret in the Season 4 premiere, does that mean he knew about Harperâs crush on Violet?
As always, keep up the great workð'.
Just wanted to say thank you for making Gargoyles. It came out when I was 7, and def. my favorite cartoon. Watching it at 34 with my son, brings me back to that age. and I hope one day you can make more episodes.
Did you "cast" anyone as...
the armored attackers
How old is Josef Vladek? (Or rather, how old was he when he was murdered?)
Why did Beast Boy choose to get his dog wingman in the first place?
Mary Bromfield has officially ended up like Vandal Savage, Black Adam/Teth Adam, Ra's al Ghul, and Geo-Force/Brion Markov (The heroes who got lost fighting the good fight and become the very thing they fight against) correct?
How old was the dog wingman when beast boy became his owner in 2020 of young justice timeline? Where did Garfield get his dog wingman from?
Hi, Mr. Weisman,
1.) You once said that for Brooklyn's TimeDancing would take him to feudal Japan, where he would meet his mate, Katana. Does Brooklyn (and Fu-Dog) arrive in sometime in the Sengoku period?
2.) In an old ask, you said Brooklyn meets Katana before AND after his adventures in 2198, which meant he arrived in 2198, then met Katana in feudal Japan (where they were biologically the same age), then got pulled back in 2198, and then back again in feudal Japan. By the time of his second visit to Japan, is Brooklyn still the same age as Katana? I only ask because Brooklyn looks a lot older than Katana does when returns to the Manhattan Clan.
3.) I imagine Brooklyn might've learned Japanese his time in Japan during his adventures and Katana continued his lessons, and since Nashville is also bilingual, we know that Katana taught him, too. If we get a revival, will we get to see Brooklyn, Katana, and Gnash speak Japanese to each other, whether in a casual conversation or to rely a secret message only they would be able to understand?
1. I love that Miss Martianâs form changes each season, itâs such a fun way to visually depict her character development throughout the years. Was this planned from the beginning, or was it something that came up later on?
2. When the character designer presents options for each new character, are the options radically different or are they pretty similar with minor differences?
3. What makes you decide that a character should have a design change between seasons rather than keeping them the same (for example, Wonder Girl, Static, and Kid Flash get new designs in season 3, but others like Blue Beetle and Nightwing donât)?
1. What were Lor-Zod's thoughts on Superboy and Miss Martian's romance?
2. Was Lor-Zod ever worried about if Miss Martian were to come after him for Superboy's death?
3. What does Lor-Zod think about Miss Martian?
Aside from Courtney Whitmore, will we ever see the Earth-16 of other characters from the live-action "Stargirl" TV series (such as Yolanda Montez, Beth Chapel, Rick Tyler, Jennie-Lynn Hayden, Jakeem Williams, etc.)?
Is Dinah Lance's Canary Cry far more dangerous when used against individuals who have super-hearing (like Superman, for example)? I remember the Smallville version of Black Canary did that against Clark Kent in an episode of Season 7, and it caused him so much pain that he collapsed and his ears were bleeding.
if billy or Mary were to transform and stay in their transformed state for a year and then transform back into their normal state would their body' s have aged a year or would it just remain the exact same age before they transformed?
Step 1: beg all your fans to do all of the work to keep this series going time and time again and give vague promises that you'll get to certain characters eventually if we keep earth-16 alive to coerce people
Step 2: never deliver on those promises, keep adding more characters, continue to tease people that they'll get to all the characters instead of being honest to keep their hopes up and keep them watching on the slight chance it'll happen
Step 3: rage about fans "BITCHING" when they dare to complain
lol see your now trying to claim queen bee and noor harjavti are muslims to deflect from criticism about halo when there's nothing to indicate that they're muslim other than the fact that they're arab...you think arab automatically means muslim? you know that's a core component of islamophobia right? everyday you reveal your ignorance more and more, i don't know why you've got this reputation as one of the good white men.
Given your previous stance with magus & death/war along with cost in conflict:
Why are we supposed to believe that theres any chance that you might bring wally west back given how he pretty much died under the same circumstances thematically as magus did?
Not only that but others that you work with like Christopher Jones. Have categorically answered that he died when asked similar questions.
By the end of Season 4, Metron remains completely unaware the the Emerald Eye of Ekron is missing from his vault and is now currently in the possession of Ursa Zod. Once he finally realizes the truth, what lengths do you think he'll go to in order to get it back?
#1. What is the name of the preschool that Jonny Kent attends in Metropolis?
#2. Was Johnny finished with a day of preschool when he came home with Lois and heard Beast Boy mentioning Superboy in the Season 4 finale?
Is the following familial relationships within the House of El correct from the perspective of the Earth-16 version of Kara Zor-El? If not, please state the correct House of El familial relationships in your response posting.
Zor-El (Kara's father)
Alura-El (formerly Alura In-Ze) (Kara's mother)
Jor-El (Kara's paternal uncle)
Lara-El (formerly Lara Lor-Van) (Kara's paternal aunt)
Kal-El (Kara's paternal cousin)
Lois Joanne Lane-Kent (Kara's paternal cousin-in-law)
Jonathan Samuel "Jonny" Kent (Kara's paternal cousin once removed)
Kru-El (Kara's paternal uncle)
Will we ever see the Earth-16 version of Apophis (the Egyptian Lord of Chaos); an antagonist from the "Injustice: Year Zero" comics?
What year did Garfield logan's skin turn green in young justice timeline?
Was Kara Zor-El sent to the Phantom Zone because all ships of any kind were banned from leaving Krypton following Jor-El's failed attempted warning to the people of Krypton that the red sun, Rao, would explode and take Krypton with it? If Zor-El sent Kara to the Phantom Zone, was it because he believed that Jor-El was telling the truth, and did Zor-El's wife (Alura El) also supported her husband's decision? Finally, if Kara had presumably suffered from zone sickness for over four decades while in the Phantom Zone, is it possible that the long-term exposure and her own inexperience (due to her youth) warped her mind so severely that it caused her to assume that her entire family had intentionally abandoned her in the Phantom Zone; thus leaving her open to possible further lies/manipulation by Darkseid after she was delivered to him by Vandal Savage? Could this then help explain why Grayven mentioned that Kara was "betrayed"?
Now that Cyborg is in the JL, can you confirm that his designation as an Outsider was D08?
Now that the SuperMartian ship has successfully went through the wedding phase of their relationship, when can we expect the newly happily married couple to have kids?
Was Superboy's decision to not kill Superman (despite General Zod's direct order) because, in part, due to the fact that Superboy had realized at that very moment (after he reflected on certain memories) how badly Superman's death would have likely affected Jonathan and Martha Kent, as well as Lois Lane and Johnny Kent?
Even though she was not seen using it in Season 4 during the Zatanna story arc, the "Wisdom of Solomon" is also one of Mary Bromfield's powers, correct?
Hello, first congrats on the fourth season, loved it and hoping for a fifth to be announced.
Second, my question is about the gap between the B and D designations, which I hope you can answer unless you consider them spoiler questions.
For the B designations there is a gap between B33 (Terra) and B36 (Orphan). We know that originally members of the Outsiders had B designations before the change to D designations. Is it possible to speculate that the remaining B designations, B34 and B35, belong to El Dorado and Cyborg respectively?
The other one is that, as we know, there are 3 D designations we don't know. D02, D06 and D15. From what we can speculate, D02 and D06 belong to the original Outsiders, and giving that the ones we know have a similar feel to the order they had as B designations can we speculate that D02 and D06 belong to Wonder Girl and Geo-Force?
Can we also speculate that D15 belongs to Windfall, since she is the only other Outsider we do not know the designation to?
Did Stargirl and J'emm J'axx flirt at Conner and M'gann's wedding?
Did Garfield logan learn kid flash's name was Wally west before or after Garfield begin living at mount justice?
if i could pay hbo max to greenlight two more seasons of young justice how much would it take?
How come non of the Superheroes ever thought of asking Doctor Fate to magically open a portal to the Phantom Zone so that they can save Conner? I mean if Klarion can use his magic to teleport into the Phantom Zone then I'm sure Doctor Fate can do it as well.
1. Was Freddy invited to Mâgann & Connerâs wedding?
2. What does the E Designation represent?
3. Is Kit Freeman brother to Freddy?
4. Are Spoiler & Robin dating? (Looked pretty cosy at Conner & Mâgannâs wedding)
5. Do you have a subtitle in mind for Season 5?
How and when did wendy harris learn that conner was superboy in young justice timeline?
Why did Black Canary not ask Garfield to come to her for concealing soon after she learn that Garfield stop going on missions after he return from mars?
So you worked a Shakespeare reference into one of Zatanna's backward spells... You, madman! Will nothing stop you?
Seriously, though, is there some sort of master-list listing all of your Shakespeare references?
I just didn't understand why the team played dead while Superman was getting almost killed. And Conner was in life threat too so... Why did they wait to act, taking the obvious risk Superman and Conner be killed ?
Depending on you handle Kara Zor-El's story arc in "Young Justice," do you intend to let her stay in the present day, or do you plan to send her to the future? I remember what happened to the DCAU version of Supergirl, and I was utterly heartbroken when she stayed behind in the future and left a goodbye message to Superman.
#1. What are the names of the mothers of each of Darkseid's three sons? When were they born and when did they died?
#2. When were each of Darkseid's three sons born?
1. I thought I had a decent understanding of how time travel works in YJ, but after the season 4 finale Iâm not so sure. How different does a timeline need to be in order for a time traveler to return to be trapped in the past? How were the Legionaires able to go home if Lor-Zod changed so many things?
2. In some shows that use time travel, characters meet their kids or grandkids, and later on itâs implied (or outright shown) that after they return to the past/future, those kids/grandkids would be the exact same people in the future, which is pretty unlikely (their parents would have to meet and conceive them EXACTLY the same way they did in the unaffected timeline). Does time travel work the same way in YJ, or does the butterfly effect still occur in the case of future descendants?
3. Why did Bart move in with the Garricks rather than the Allens, especially if the Garricks were so old? Were the Allens uncomfortable with taking care of Bart?
4. Did the Garricks ever have kids? If so, would they be speedsters too?
4. Do Barry and Iris consider Bart to be their grandson from an emotional standpoint? Or do they treat him as a younger family member or family friend?
What happened to Conner's clothes and belongings after his "death"? Did M'gann put them in storage or did she donate them?
1. Even though his case had gone cold was investigating Superboy's death and trying to find his killer still a priority of the Justice League, Team and Outsiders?
2. How did the rest of the Outsiders handle Superboy's death?
3. How did the rest of the Team handle Superboy's death?
4. Who told Perdita about Superboy's death?
1. Did Superman ever bring his son or parents to the Watchtower to visit Conner's memorial?
2. Is Icicle Senior still active or has he retired?
3. Does the rest of Happy Harbour know Superboy and Conner Kent are the same person?
4. How many memorial services did Superboy get?
5. Who was present/attended the lighting of Superboy's memorial in the Watchtower's grotto aside from Dick and Kaldur?
1. How did Icicle Jr. feel about Superboy's death?
2. How did Lex Luthor feel about Superboy's death?
3. How did Psimon feel about Superboy's death?
4. Who told the Forever People (Bear, Dreamer, Vykin) about Superboy's death?
1. How often did M'gann visit Conner's memorial?
2. Did M'gann and Artemis ever visit Conner and Wally's holograms together and did they become closer than ever since they lost their greatest loves?
3. How often did Superman visit Conner's memorial?
4. Minus Kaldur, but did the rest of the original team greet M'gann when she returned to Earth?
I know there was a lot of crying in the first half of the season and I LOVE the finale, but why didn't you give us a scene where everyone had a moment to cry happy tears over the fact Conner is alive or finally allow themselves to properly reunite him after the battle was over like a group hug with the original team?
1. Did M'gann ever have a moment on the watchtower where she weeped at the memorial grotto, mainly Conner's hologram just as she did at their wedding altar on Mars?
2. Did Wolf ever sleep at Conner's memorial like he previously did with Wally's hologram in season 3? And if so did Wolf sleep there regularly, like Hachiko the Dog?
3. How often did Gar visit Conner's memorial?
4. Does Lois have access to the Watchtower?
Is Karion's form really supposed to be a nine year old boy??? He doesn't really look nine
Are Robin and Spoiler in a relationship?
Iâm asking this because I saw the two of them looking like a real cute couple during the Conner and Meganâs wedding.
1) Why the warworld didn't turn "phantom zone colors" ? Is this because of Klarion's magic ?
2) Wait so... Klarion can teleport a small planet ?!!??! Just like that ?
3) How did the Light capture kryptonians so easily, given they were trained for decades in the zone, yet it seemed easy for Vandal to master the phantom zone rules better than them...
4) Does Superman have longevity far superior to a regular human or does he ages like everybody else ?
5) If you've answered "yep" to question 2, I'll be a little frustrated. I wanted details about his powers limits.
Is Klarion's physical form really nine years old? He looks just as old as the other adults in the show,just wondering.
Have you ever been given creative restrictions or an executive directive and thought 'okay, this will be a fun challenge to write around' or 'this means I'll just have to do something more obscure'? If so, any notable examples?
How old is Blue Beetle? You have said multiple times that he was born in 1999 but in Season 3 him and Static were said to both be 18 on December 31, 2018.
I'm a huge fan of YJ, and seeing all of the recent criticism and praise about the show in regards to the representation of various faiths, sexualities, genders, etc particularly in the last 2 seasons, I had a few questions about your thought processes behind some of the choices you made with regards to it. I want to say that while I personally have a few quibbles with the way that some of it is done, its ultimately your show, and you're still doing a great job making it entertaining.
1. Do you feel like you've consciously "ramped up" representation of all of the things mentioned above (or at least visibility of them) in seasons 3 and 4? If so, why, or of not, why not?
2. Do you see a difference in representation that is interwoven into the ongoing story at hand and that which is not? Or do you consider the whole show to be one big story, so anything about anyone in the show is in your opinion relevant?
As an example, one of my minor personal quibbles with season 4 was the Violet stuff in episode 4x14, not because of the content of it, but because it seemed kind of out of nowhere and out of place and (so far) has led to nothing. I would personally contrast that to how you portrayed Native Americans in season 2, or even L'gann this season, where representing characters of different ethnicities and sexualities was interwoven into the story at hand, and particularly in the former, essential to not only the journey of that character, but the overarching plot as a whole. The fact that Violet, a character who represents a unique faith and gender is the character who we pulled away from the story to seemingly randomly focus on for half an episode seems to make that part of the show more of a PSA or educational aide than a part of the plot or character's journey, especially when you consider the content of the conversation.
3. Why Violet? There is a ton of other characters whose unique personalities or traits could have been highlighted, why was she specifically chosen, particularly when she was not a central character this season? I would also contrast that to Khalid and Zatara, whose tangents about their faiths were not only nicely symmetrical but also felt more organic and central to their characters and the decisions that they had made and would go on the make, which shaped the entire story of that arc. Obviously this is all my opinion, and my biases for or against certain characters probably shape it.
All of that said, I still think the show is great, and thanks for taking the time to read this.
Try to keep in mind that people having such strong emotional reactions to the choices this show makes ultimately means that theyâre passionate about it. People in all fandoms have meltdowns if they feel like something âlet them downâ i.e. the Game of Thrones and How I Met Your Mother finales. This is not personal towards you, even if it feels that way. I think you just make yourself far more accessible than the average creator with this forum and if itâs becoming too much then it might be time to set some boundaries.
For Season 3, episode "Evolution", I have two questions -
1. Is there a name to the alien race controlled by Starro or should we just consider them an 'unknown alien race controlled by Starro"?
2. Based on the design of the armada ships, was that based off of something in the DC universe or formed by the creators and yourself?
3. If Savage failed to defeat Starro, could he have actually fallen under control of the creature?
4. Does the Starro creature have a gender?
5. Seeing Starro is contained in the stasis pod, is it actually dead? (But I understand if this is no spoilers answer)
Greg why was it decide as part of the plot of the young justice comic story Targets that during the beginning of the story young justice comic Targets that Garfield would still have his pictures of queen peridia on his phone if was decided that the ending of the story of the young justice comic Targets was going to be that Garfield was not get to back together with Perdita in a dating relationship?
I see many people asking about much of this, but they seem to all buy misunderstanding Kryptonian naming customs, so I'll ask it a bit differently.
Many are confused by the names Ursa Zod and Lara El. First, I understand what you're doing there, especially after the reveal of Kara Zor-El.
Clearly, Lara El's full name would be Lara Lor-Van El, or perhaps you've decided on Earth 16's Krypton women drop the father's name entirely. Either way, that explains the lack of a hyphen.
My questions are:
1) Which is it? Do they keep the father's name as a middle name, and just not say it all the time, or drop it all together? Or am I way off?
2) What was Ursa's father's name?
3) A little less directly related, does Non not have a house? If not, why? I realize this was the case in the comics, but I don't believe it was ever explained there, so I'd love to know how you'd explain it.
4) Not about names at all now, but I'm sidetracked on Non now: since Zod and Ursa were surprised to learn of the destruction of Krypton, it's clear they didn't have anything to do with Jor-El's predictions as they did during the New 52 era. This suggests Non also has a different backstory than that period (he doesn't have much of one at all right now, from what I can find). In that, he was Jor-El's teacher and was banished (and labotomized) for continuing to warn about the end of days after the Science Council forbade Non and Jor-El from doing so. It's clear that much of that doesn't work in your continuity, but how much of that is held over? If that's a spoiler request, I do apologize.
Who takes care of Garfield logan's dog Wingman when beast boy is on outsiders missions?
Has Dick Grayson ever contacted his uncle, Richard, since his family died? Also how old is Brainiac-5?
Is it possible that the Earth-16 version of Kara Zor-El was somehow exposed to black kryptonite and her dark side had been brought out to the surface; thus explaining why she joined the Female Furies after she was given to Darkseid by Vandal Savage? I remember Lex did that to her in the comics, but in that particular case, Kara's dark side was SPLIT from her and was its own separate entity; who claimed to the good Kara that she was who Kara truly was all along and she also claimed that her true mission was to kill Kal-El.
1 Has granny goodness been demoted after her failure with the anti life equation?
2 How long did desaad torture granny goodness after her failure?
3 does granny goodness hold a grudge against desaad after he tortured her?
After giants and blisters death did mâcomm recieve any more meta-humans?
I remember that when Supergirl had her own solo comic book series back in 2005, Batman once believed that Supergirl's abilities appear to rival or potentially surpasses Superman's own abilities. As such, would that likely also be true for the Earth-16 version of Supergirl as well?
Following the many indictments against Lex Luthor following Season 3 but seeing as how he is still part of the Light in Season 4, did he face any justice or do the wheels of justice have yet to keep up with him?
Hey there Greg. Just got some questions about the cosmic side of earth 16
1.- Why were the lords of Order and chaos so worried about Darkseid? I mean Child , while backed by the lords of order was unstoppable, so why would Darkside be a threat for then to listen to savage?
2.- Was the mind control method used by Granny Goodness in season 3 actually the real Anti-life equation?
Granny, and the light, assumed as much, but Darkside doesn't seem to act like it, given its supposed to be his ultimate triumph card.
3.-Are the "New Gods" in a lower hierarchy compared to the lords of Order and Chaos?
While less powerful, they are more connected to the source, aren't they?
Hwy there Greg. Is just have Some superman questions
1.-Is kryptonite lethal to kryptonians even when they have no powers? Say if they are under the effects of a red sun or drained of their powers?
2.-How was Superman able to tank Ursa magic blast as the emerald empress,if he is vulnerable to magic? Shouldn' the blast had harmed him?
3.- Are there other variants of kryptonite besides green kryptonite, like green and gold?
4.- We know Superboy inspired the legion. But what about Superman. Is he still remembered In the future? In other versions there was even a superman museum
5.-The article Zod read in the fortress of solitude described Superman as "Earth's greatest hero"
While this was certainly only Lois opinion, is this a general or popular opinion belief among the heroes/ people of earth?
1) So about Durla... To me, this is the most pressing question regarding whether the timeline has been restored or not.
(We know there's a 99.84% likelihood that the future is as it was before Lor-Zod went back in time, but obviously the other 0.16% accounts for the various changes that have occurred, such as the wedding being postponed, the Phantom Zone projector being destroyed in the 21st Century, and the Kryptonians all getting out of the Zone, amongst other things.)
My question is this: with Durla having been gifted to M'comm and the A'ashenn's as reward for his co-operation, does this mean that the future of Chameleon Boy's home world is being altered from what he would know from his own life? Is Durla's future now changing completely (thus potentially threatening the existence of Chameleon Boy's family line), or is it the case that M'comm and his people are actually the ancestors of Chameleon Boy's family? This may or may not be a spoiler request... I don't know whether it qualifies as one because it wasn't clear from the finale whether or not this might come up again. (I suppose it could come up if the Legionnaires get their own season... I don't know.)
2) Obviously the Eye of Ekron being out there in space in the 21st Century presents a potential problem for the timeline, in the event that it was likely meant to remain in Metron's vault for a while longer. (Maybe it was... maybe it wasn't... No way to know, I suppose.) My question is: are the heroes of both the 21st Century and the 31st Century now aware that they need to keep an eye out (haha) for the Eye of Ekron and try to discover its whereabouts? I'm not asking whether this is a priority for them -- just about whether they are aware that this is a rather important outstanding/unresolved issue.
3) Kind of moot but very important: did the gene-bomb that Desaad gave to M'comm detonate and kill off lots of Martians in the original timeline? I noticed that Lor-Zod alerted Conner to its presence. Had he done nothing, it would surely have exploded. Is this what happened in the original timeline, and if so, who died (if any) out of the name characters in Young Justice?
I think I'm pushing my luck a bit with these questions as they're quite lengthy and involved. I'm sorry if they're a bother for you. Thank you for taking the time to read them and please take care!
Is helga jace still under the control of the Anti-Life Equation?
I think I speak for everyone who saw the "Young Justice" Season 4 finale post-credits scene when I ask this important question: Has Kara Zor-El been brainwashed/manipulated, or has she joined the Female Furies of her own free will?
Who is A-33, the Bat-Family ally mentioned in "The Lady, or the Tigress?"
In the Earth-16 universe, is Krypton the fourth planet of the planetary system known as the Rao System? Are the names of the other planets called Boron (the first planet), Phalon (the second planet), Thalon (the third planet) and Haron (the fifth planet)?
Orion is A-52 and then we have two mystery A-designations before J'ann and M'att. Regarding these mystery designations (A-53 and A-54), do they belong to Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy? I ask because Phantom Girl was given a designation (A-51), so there is a precedent there for Legionnaires being given A-designations. And both Saturn Girl and Chameleon Boy were present at the wedding (though of course they left before the ceremony started), so it's reasonable to think that they might have Zeta'd there.
In terms of percentage, how much of Superboy's burn wounds had healed by the first day after the heroes won the fight against the House of Zod and Miss Martian's brother? The reason I asked because it clearly took nearly two full days for Superboy to be 100% healed.
I loved "Death and Rebirth"!
1) When in Team Year Ten (in terms of which month) were the Justice League Reserves officially established? We know, of course, that Superman and Black Lightning were discussing candidates for the Reserves in August (as per the credits scene for episode 18), so I suppose the answer must be either August or September given the new designations that were heard at the wedding... Which month is it?
2) Does Windfall have designation D-15? I ask because it seems logical, given what we know. A total of 16 known characters have been (and/or still are) Outsiders, with only D-02, D-06, D-08 and D-15 still unknown. As I mentioned in another question, it seems likely that D-02 would be Wonder Girl, D-06 would be Geo-Force and D-08 would be Cyborg. Now that we know that Looker is D-16, that leads me to wonder if Windfall is D-15.
3) Did everyone who was visible on the screen when Superman and Black Lightning were discussing JL Reserves candidates ultimately accept the offer? I'm sure Mary Bromfield will get a NO SPOILERS, but maybe you could confirm the others (where applicable)...
4) It's interesting that Tempest is E-03. Are the JL Reserves designations ordered according to how long ago it was that the character first became active as a hero? If so, then perhaps E-01 is Zatara and E-02 is Red Arrow... but anyway, I won't get carried away in speculating which number applies to whom in this new category.
5) Finally, I noticed that Troia chose to sit alongside Garth at the wedding, even though she obviously could have sat with Cassie or anywhere else, really. They work together at the U.N., so I guess it's natural that they would be close, but I wonder if you could confirm whether this is the case, please? (Not asking you about anything too spoilery, like whether or not they are an item.)
What is the military rank hierarchy in Krypton's Military Guild? Aside from Dru-Zod (whose highest rank was General), where does his wife and the rest of his followers fall in this hierarchy?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Krypton:
#1. How big is the planet in comparison to Earth?
#2. How many moons does Krypton have and what are their names?
#3. How many continents and oceans does Krypton have, and what are their names?
#4. What form of government existed on Krypton?
#5. Was Krypton's red sun, Rao, named after the Kryptonian deity of the same name?
#6. Was the primary religion on Krypton known as Rao-orthodox Religion, or Raoism, for short?
#7. How long is a Kryptonian year in comparison to Earth?
#8. How many guilds existed on Krypton, and what are their names?
#9. Was Krypton's history divided into historic periods like Earth? If true, how many were there, what were their names, and how long did each historic period lasted?
#10. Aside from Rao, were there other deities that were worshiped by the people of Krypton? If true, what were their names?
If Jonny Kent meets Kara Zor-El, would he likely call her "cousin Kara" OR "aunt Kara"?
1. Who has been your favorite Young Justice character to write for?
2. If you could write for any character in the universe who would it be and why?
Hi! Iâm sorry for disturbing u, I just have a few questions to ask and it wonât take much time.
a) I was just curious if it was a joke when you said that Klarion is 9 y.o. or was you serious? Fans of this character are in real shock (lol ahah) we all were sure that Klarion is physically older (like ~15) for a decade ahaha! Honestly, some of us thought that even Child was from 10 y.o. so now Iâm clarifying this small detail on behalf of many fans
b) I am a big fan of the witch boy after YJ so thereâs another question about him: if Dr. Fate has a tower of Fate, does Klarion has smth like that? âThe place of powerâ, I mean
c) Will you show us smth about Earth 17? Or no spoilers? Or, on the other side, maybe we donât need to attach great importance to small phrases XD
In any case, even if you wonât find these questions good and wonât reply, I want to say that I truly love Young Justice, Iâm thanking you for YJ4 (it was awesome! ^Ð·^) and we all truly hope to see YJ5 to admire the story!
When Miss Martian confronted Saturn Girl (when she appeared to defend Danny Chase) in the Season 4 finale, he identified her as a human. As such, should we assume that Saturn Girl is a 31st century descendant of humans who eventually colonized on Saturn's moon, Titan?
Questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of Lionel Luthor:
#1. When and where was he born?
#2. When did he get married?
#3. Was he an abusive father towards his two children, Lex and Lena? If true, why was this the case, and which one of his two children suffered the most from his abuse?
#4. When and how did he die?
#5. Where was he buried after he died?
What do The Light plan to do with the Kryptonians?
What does Ursa Zod plan to do on Daxam?
1. Is the following familial relationships listed below true in regards to the Earth-16 version of Mary Bromfield?
Clarence Charles "C.C." Baston (Mary's biological father)
Marilyn Baston (Mary's biological mother)
William Joseph "Billy" Baston (Mary's twin brother)
Nicholas "Nick" Bromfield (Mary's adoptive father)
Nora Bromfield (Mary's adoptive mother)
#2. Is Freddy Freeman's full name Fredrick Christopher "Freddy" Freeman?
#3. Is Kit Freeman's full name Christopher "Kit" Freeman?
#4. Are Freddy Freeman and Kit Freeman brothers? Who is the oldest and who is the youngest? Are they twins; considering they were born in the same year of 2000?
#5. Are Freddy's and Kit's parents David Freeman (father) and Rebecca Freeman (mother)?
#6. Are Marilyn Baston and Nora Bromfield cousins; like in the pre-Flashpoint mainstream DC Comics continuity (New Earth)? If true, does that mean that Nick and Nora Bromfield are the biological maternal uncle and aunt of Billy and Mary?
Are there any plans currently to release the music of Phantoms physically, the way Outsiders got a CD release?
In YJ 4x03, Phantom Girl says that they're not supposed to intervene on anything except for "the one big thing". Was she referring to saving Conner? Or something else?
#1. Aside from her brother (Billy Baston) and her mentor (Zatanna), who exactly/specifically are the peers that supposedly "betrayed" Mary Bromfield?
#2. Who specifically "betrayed" Kara Zor-El, and what exactly did they supposedly do to "betray" her?
#3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how deep are Kara's and Mary's respective hatred towards the people who apparently "betrayed" them?
#4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how badly do Kara and Mary desire to kill the people who apparently "betrayed" them?
If Sergeant Marvel perpetually appears as biologically 18 years old, then what about Black Mary?
What exactly is the "Holy Balance" and why is it named as such?
I recently knew that there was going to be season 3 of the spectacular spiderman. This piece of information was a relief after the cliffhanger season 2 ended with.
I believe fans would like at least to continue the story, even not animated.
Because like, what happens to all characters, you see. Thanksð¥°
No need for more characters, just what happens to harry knowing his father, and Gwen and Peter, venom disteny.. I know there other things not finished but answer these please... ðððððð
#1. How old was the first Teekl; both in terms of human years and cat years?
#2. How old is the second Teekl; both in terms of human years and cat years?
#3. How old is Leroy the Lizard?
1. What year did Barbara find out Bruce Wayne was Batman and Dick Grayson was Robin/Nightwing?
2. What year did Wendy Harris find out the truth about her friends being superheroes?
3. Why was a Trogowog at M'gann and Conner's wedding?
4. Did Icicle Jr. get an A designation when he was invited to M'gann and Conner's wedding and if not how did he get there?
1. It was stated that Jason Todd joined the Team in 2013 and died that same year, what month did he join the team and what month did he die?
2. Did Jason and Tim know each other during that time?
3. What year did Tim Drake meet Bruce Wayne?
4. What year did Jason Todd meet Bruce Wayne?
Three questions in regards to the Earth-16 version of The Joker:
#1. Did his transformation take place at Ace Chemicals, a chemical manufacturing facility located in the heart of Gotham City's industrial district?
#2. Following his transformation, can it be assumed that he is no longer able to remember his true name?
#3. Whatever happened to his partner-in-crime, Harley Quinn (Harleen Quinzel) or Punchline (Alexis Kaye)?
#1. Who are designations B-34 and B-35?
#2. If the E-series are for the members of the Justice League Reserves (in which 24 potential candidates were being considered during the events of Season 4), do you believe that this group should have its own separate page in the YJ Wiki?
I got one question and one question only..
1. Who can twerk the best in the Justice League?
Did the forest hive(or at least a few of them) join mantis in siding with apakolips against New genesis?
Does Alfred Pennyworth have any other family members in the Earth-16 universe besides his daughter, Julia Pennyworth; since the events of "Catwoman: Hunted" is "canon-adjacent"? Also, how old would Julia Pennyworth be in the Earth-16 universe as of the end of Season 4 of Young Justice?
Dear Mr Weisman,
I don't have a question but I would to express my feedback about Halo Young Justice.
As a Muslim, I'm happy that you're representing Muslims in cartoons but I'm disappointed/worried with how Halo's represention of Islam is handled, because Islam, you're can't be gay and Muslim. Because if you become gay then you're no longer Muslim, and in order to be a Muslim, you can't be gay, non binary or anything like that. It's one of the terms of being a Muslim.
I know you & your team mean no disrespect or offence to anyone, and that representing the LGBTQ+ community is important to you and everyone else. But please understand that in Islam, gender pronouns, gender transition and being is not allowed. It's just the way it is.
Please consider re-writing Halo's character or changing Halo's religion, because the Muslim community will take offense to it if you continue to represent Muslims as LGBT characters.
1 Is mâcomm still under darkseidâs employ after having been granted his world for Aâashenns?
2 grayven said Kara and Mary are apart of a New generation of furies. Is big barda also their leader?
What are the chances that Tomar-Re's Green Lantern Ring (now worn by the female Forager) might somehow contain a pre-recorded message that can only activate in the presence of BOTH Kal-EL AND Kara Zor-El, and that message somehow explains the exact circumstances of why Tomar-Re was unable to save Krypton?
I wanted to thank you very much for a very wonderful and exciting Season 4 of "Young Justice." It was a very strong season from start to finish and it exceeded all of my expectations. In regards to the Legion of Super-Heroes returning to the future, I sincerely hope that this is not the last time that we will see them, and I hope we will see more members of the team one day. In regards to the elements that you incorporated from "Green Lantern: The Animated Series," I hope that we will see more of that, and I hope that we will eventually see Aya again at long last (if that one episode from "Justice League Action" is any indication of hope of a reunion between her and Razer; even though she is currently in a different DC Universe). In regards to the post-credits scene in the Season 4 finale, I was happy that you fulfilled a long-awaited years-long wish (for me and presumably many other people) when you introduced THAT specific female character, and I can't wait to see what's in store for her journey from villain to hero going into Season 5 (which I personally suspect will be much darker than Season 4).
So is Phantom Girl named that because of her connection to the Phantom Zone? Or is that just the biggest coincidence in the universe?
Just watched the finale of Phantoms, great job to you and the rest of the crew responsible. Quick question, how old is Brainiac 5 and is his name Querl Dox like the other continuities?
1. What year did Bear and Dreamer become a couple?
2. Is Zatanna currently dating anyone by season 4?
3. What year did Kaldur and Wyynde become a couple?
4. What year did Kaldur and Wyynde begin living together?
5. Have Kaldur's family adopted Delphis?
1. How did Conner's hair regrow in the last episode? Was it Zatann's magic?
2. Where are Conner and M'gann going for their honeymoon?
3. Are Garth and Troia are couple?
4. Has Superboy rejoined the Outsiders following his return in the finale?
5. Does everyone know that Mary has joined Darkseid and the Furies?
On a scale of 1 to 10...
#1. ...how angry do you think Kal-El and Kon-El will be once they find out that Vandal Savage gave Kara Zor-El to Darkseid?
#2. ... how angry do you think the Justice League, the Team, and Outsiders will be towards Zatanna once they learn about the lengths she went to in order to get her father back (as depicted in her Season 4 story arc) and how Mary's turn to villainy is directly connected to Zatanna's actions?
When did Mal Duncan and Karen Beecher marry?
How do Hal, John, and Guy feel about Alan Scott. Did they approve of his actions as Green Lantern? Also do the Guardians know about Alan Scott and if so, do they condemn his actions? Last question, how did Guy get into a coma? I really hope I didn't ask for any spoiler questions
Are the Bio-ships on Mars supposed to the equivalent of Earth's whales? I swear that certain sounds they make are very similar to the sounds that whales make.
Dear Mr Weisman 1 Does Big Barda get along well with Super girl and Mary or are they both a bit to brash for her tastes ? 2. Does Lady Shiva occasionally wear a baseball cap when mentoring new members of the league of shadows ? 3 Besides Dubbilex and kraig did any other non Harper Genomorphs attend the wedding in season 4's final episode ?
First off I want to preface this with saying that I completely love what you've done with Khalid, how his story is interwoven into his magic style and even mannerisms like berating himself for missing Trogowog aftercare, how his faith has been integrated and everything he means to people.
That said I had some mixed feelings based on how he is as an adaption, and was hoping you could shed some light into the thought processes that were carried out when adapting him, to hopefully put those mixed feelings to rest.
1) So, the first question is about how his religion was adapted. But hopefully something a little different to what youve been defending ad nauseum. In the comics, Khalid isnt muslim, instead he doesnt really have a personal faith, but struggles due to the influences of his muslim father, christian mother and the Egyptian Gods who make themselves known to him and the role hes to play. And, with angels, jimm, and ofc Bast, looking over him ans his role. I have a particularly strong connection with the Egyptian faith, so that was a major appeal to me.
So my first question is why the decision was made to simplify Khalid's religious experiences for Young Justice as seems to be the case?
2)Speaking of Khalid's christian mother, in the original she is Elizabeth Nassour, with her connection to Kent making her a little more in the know to the entire sorcery elements including Bast's presence, while her occupation as an archaeologist not only fit well to the history of the Nelson family, but let her show her own personal strenth and specialication.
For YJ, it appears as though you have replaced her with Jane Nassour, who seems to have a very different approach to the Life, in spite of sharing Elizabeth's connection to Kent so seeming to be intended as the same character. I am curious to the reasoning on this change, particularly the name since that seems like an odd thing to change even irrespective of the other changes?
3) I had always gotten the impression that the Khalid Nassour Doctor Fate was largely created because someone wanted to do a story about Ibis, but DC wanted the bigger brandname; due to how the series retconned (which was retconned back) Nabu to simply be a priest of Thoth/Zehuti, with a perculiar staff akin to the Ibistick being instrumental in their arsenal, and the blood of the Pharaohs, that made him the candidate. The Ibis family, or at least the Ibistick, is commonly seen among Zatanna and Zatara's possessions.
So my third question is if this were a partial inspiration for the connection that you forged between Zatanna and Khalid?
4) I found the usage of water in Khalid's Test particularly inspired, given the way that death by drowning is treated in Islam. The comic had somewhat similar notions in the first story, with Anubis' floods and Mohammad Nassour trapped in it until being rescued.
I was curious if this particular element was inspired by the comics usage of water, or if MPAC and other resources lent towards this particular meaningful affect (or other reasons I am not considering of course)?
5) Khalid being from Egypt ethnically was a fairly significant point to his comic character, with a further struggle between the balance between Fate duties (to an Egyptian Goddess guardian), modern american med student life with his girlfriend, and his childhood friend with an unrequited crush trying to push him towards social activism against the atrocities being committed by the Egyptian government. Along with immigrant elements, with his father (which would fit quite well with Giovannis story).
So, my question is somewhat tangential to that. Egypt has a high proportion of Sufi Islam, which has elements of mysticism understood to come from Allah, which feels very reminiscent of how Khalid and Mohammed felt that his sorcery was a gift from Allah that needed to be used for his purposes. I was curious if this Sufi connection had been discussed with MPAC and integrated accordingly, or if it is just a happy coincidence?
What are your favorite Gargoyles and spectacular Spider-Man episodes?
Is most of the human population of the 31-century meta human in young justice universe?
Out of all the semi-obscure comic characters to introduce into the show, why did you pick the Bad Samaritan (not a complaint, just wondering)?
How old is Supergirl in "Death and Rebirth"?
Did Superboy ever tell Superman that he chose Conner Kent because of Kent Nelson and not Clark Kent? If so, what was Clark's reaction?
1 did vandal savage ego grew after he sucessfully managed to convince the lords of chaos to drop their support of child?
2 Was a part of the reason Why vandal savage thought the lords of order wouldnât intefere with project thrinos because he thought he thought he managed to convince them and the lords of chaos to be on his side(or at least that they wouldnât side against him) during childâs rampage?
If Young Justice gets a fifth season, would you ever consider creating a funny situation in which Icicle Jr. becomes romantically interested in Supergirl, and then he asks Superboy to help him out in the same way he previously did for Marvin White and Wendy Harris in their own romantic relationship?
Assuming that he is no longer identified as Kaizer-Thrall or Mother-Thrall now that he is rescued and among superhero friends, what superhero codename will Danny Chase call himself?
This will likely have happened off-screen, but after Superboy and Miss Martian got married, where did they go to spend their honeymoon? Also, is Miss Martian now legally known as Megan Morse-Kent on Earth? Is she also now known as M'gann M'orzz-El?
Why Greg was part plot of young justice phantoms that black canary would no council beast boy on his depression before Perdita came to visit Garfield at the hub?
Was Jonny Kent born in Metropolis General Hospital?
I noticed Perdita perhaps making eyes at Terra during the wedding. Am I looking too deeply into this, or is that who she moved on with?
Now that the Season 4 finale officially confirmed that Jonny Kent's full name is Jonathan Samuel Kent, can you now confirm that his first name honors his adoptive paternal grandfather (Jonathan Kent) and and his middle name honors his maternal grandfather (Samuel "Sam" Lane)?
I know you've implied Traci is still LGBT+ in the show, but it's a bit disheartening to see a character who has canonically been a lesbian in the comics for years dating a guy with no mention of her sexuality. I still appreciate your dedication to portraying LGBT+ and particularly bi characters, though, and was very glad to see Harper and Violet get together. Are there any characters in the show that are lesbians or otherwise LGBT+ (besides Ed and [redacted character you haven't been allowed to make canon] that you can discuss? I've always gotten a feeling about Mist and Livewire, idk why.
I think I may be getting ahead of myself, but I suspect that when Kara sees Kal-El and Jonny Kent, I think that she will assume that the former is her uncle, Jor-El, and that the latter is her cousin, Kal-El; assuming she has already seen Kal-El as an infant prior to Krypton's destuction. I don't know what she'll think about Kon-El if she sees him, but I hope that she does not have a hatred for clones like her New 52 counterpart...
Perdita told Garfield that she has move on in episode 26 of young justice season 4 so why does Garfield Logan still have pictures of queen Perdita on is phone in Young Justice Targets comic issue 1?
When Stargirl was interviewing Garfield in the Season 4 finale, he openly called her Courtney, and she clearly didn't react to that. As such, how long has the world known that Courtney Elizabeth Whitmore and Stargirl were one and the same person?
Exactly how many years has Dudley H. Dudley been the legal guardian of Billy Baston?
1. If Billy Baston and Mary Bromfield are biological siblings, will we get an origin story about them, and will that origin story somehow play a significant role in Season 5; considering that Mary has now become Black Mary and Billy currently has no idea whatsoever that his sister has become evil?
2. Does the Wizard know that Mary is now using the power of Shazam for evil, like Black Adam did before her?
If Billy Baston and Mary Bromfield are biological siblings in the Earth-16 universe, does that mean they were born as twins (considering we only know they share the same birth year of 2000)? If so, then why is Mary Bromfield NOT Mary Baston? Also, when did Billy and Mary find out the truth about their relationship as siblings? Finally, if Billy and Mary are twins, who is the oldest of the two siblings?
1) The white martians are at the bottom of social ladder on Mars. Are they also at the bottom of the economic ladder? That is, do they do most of what we would call the "blue-collar" jobs on Mars?
2) If some or most of the White Martian workforce suddenly left Mars for Durla, what would happen to the Martian economy?
Have Will Harper and Lian Nguyen-Harper visited Geranium City? Do all Cadmus creations such as the Harper clones, genomorphs, and Superboy consider each other extended family in some way?
According to Brainiac-5 (Querl Dox), he calculated a 99.84% likelihood that the timeline has been substantially restored. However, should we concerned about the remaining 0.16% that Chameleon Boy (Reep Daggle) mentioned, and could that small percentage have a possible effect on the events of Season 5 of "Young Justice"?
Did the OG Roy Harper getting his arm amputated have anything to do with the same thing happening in Justice League: Cry for Justice? Cry for Justice was published in 2009-2010, which would've been the window the first season was being produced, so was this coincidence, DC executive request, or inspiration?
Hi! Is Supergirls introduced as Kara Zor-El because she is a child or because it is more formal kryptonian naming? Ursa was introduced as Ursa Zod. Or is this a phantom zone translation fluke.
When Miss Martian angrily yelled at Lor-Zod to "Stop trying to kill my man!," was the reason because the Legionnaires had informed her off-screen that Lor-Zod was the one who tried to kill Superboy in the United Nations (in 2019) and on Mars (in early 2020); which in turn really pissed her off by the revelation?
Will Season 5 of "Young Justice" continue with the story arc format of Season 4, or will it revert back to the story arc format of Season 3? Also, what subtitle names do you tentatively have in mind for Season 5?
Greg Weisman why was it part the plan of the young story that Garfield to meet fall in love and date Perdita if it never
intended be as part of the story of young justice that Garfield and Perdita would get married as adults?
After the General Zod and the other Kryptonians were defeated, did Miss Martian informed her family that her brother was sent to the Phantom Zone (even though we, the viewers, know that actually didn't happen)? If she did, when did that happen, and how did her family react to the news?
If I'm not mistaken, Black Canary's suggestion to the other heroes for a sanctuary is nod to the location of the same name which played an important role in the "Heroes in Crisis" event in the comics, correct? Will this location play an important role in Season 5 of Young Justice as well?
will garfield and Perdita ever get back together or his garfield find new love
If Young Justice gets a Season 5, will see the magic school bus scene from Big Barda's point-of-view?
Hi, greg. How r u doing?
1) how do u deal with such negativity that YJ keeps getting? Like, you know the majority still likes ur show, but i still see ppl saying YJ isn't good since season 1 - but i also see ppl saying that but instead of 1 is 2. A lot of the bad things ppl say about YJ is so strange. I wouldn't be surprise if one person say they don't like the show because, idk, dick walks strangely (Just an example).
2) LOVED the fact that the ice guy went to the wedding and that you voiced that guy who marries them.
3) did dick grayson became nightwing as a teenager(since jason is robin in Team Year 3) or he had a normal life for a time and then he became nightwing?
4) in the reach apocalypse, how did bart know who the heroes were? (Their names). They formed a rebellion? If u could tell more about that timeline, pleaseeee say it. Probably i'll get a no spoilers, but still.
5) are there lgbt ppl in spectacular spider-man?
6) do u plan more than one big big story? - the darkseid one and another i mean.
Sorry for any mistake. And if you could skip at least 1000 years in the next season, it'd be nice :)