A Station Eight Fan Web Site
How big was Demonaâs Clan by the Battle of Rathveramoen?
I've never counted. But it was a decent size. Less than 40 gargoyles, but not a lot less.
I have looked everywhere and can not find the answer... I've learned a few from this site and two more elsewhere, but is there a complete list of "placeholder" or "script" names for the unnamed gargoyles in the show? If not, how can I research this better in order to make one? I would love to know all of Demona's clan, the rest of the Ishimura Clan, etc. Thank you for your time and bless you for making this show. Once a fan, always a fan! #stillgargoyles
For Demona's clan: https://gargwiki.net/Demona%27s_Clan
I don't think I do have placeholder or script names for the unnamed members of the Ishimura Clan.
1. You said that Demona would have 4 or 5 great loves total. Does that number include the one-sided romantic relationships she's been in? Like the Paris romance with Macbeth and her romance with Thailog, in which only one partner genuinely loved the other.
2. You said that Demona's clan, between 1040 and 1057, often slept at Castle Moray but never all at once. What was the reason for that? Was Demona's distrust of humans a factor?
2b. What was Demona's primary residence during that time?
3. When Demona is human during the day, does she experience any psychological changes due to her being fully human? The human hormones, instincts, etc... do they affect her perceptions/interests/attractions in any way?
4. Between 1040 and 1057, did Demona have anyone other than Macbeth, human or gargoyle, that she was friends with? Was there anyone as close or closer to her than him?
Thank you. :)
1. I don't think I said that. Can you give me a reference? I definitely wouldn't count what we've seen of either Macbeth or Thailog in Paris.
2b. Castle Moray.
3. Not that she'd acknowledge.
4. No spoilers.
In Enter MacBeth, MacBeth refers to Demona as the Gargoyles' queen. But wouldn't she or even someone of her clan from the past have told him a bit about Gargoyles and their clans and that they didn't have kings or queens? Or did she leave him to believe she was their queen?
I think you're taking his statement too literally. He saw her as the leader of the gargoyles, which she was during the key moment of his natural life. He views leaders in terms of kings and queens, so used that language. (Also as a chess metaphor, I seem to recall.) But he wasn't speaking or thinking about her this way literally.
How many gargoyles lived in the Wyvern Clan? Including Demona's Clan and Avalon Clan.
You can't include those two clans, because most weren't ever part of the Wyvern Clan, unless you count eggs. The Wyvern Clan had about 40 gargoyles in it after the Wyvern Split Clan split off.
Did Demona and her clan sleep at Castle Moray during the time she was allied with Macbeth?
Often. Though never the entire clan at any one time.
So, since Demona led her own clan for at least sixty years, 998 was a hatching year (assuming any of these gargoyles had surviving eggs), so was 1018, and 1038.
While I know she didn't take a mate and thus didn't lay any new eggs for 1018 an 1038, was she a rookery mother to either of these generations of eggs? Or is Angela the first child she ever gave a damn about.
No timeline available to me on this Southwest flight. Sorry.
So was Demona's clan all in one place when they were destroyed by Canmore? Given that Demona had previously split them in cells to ensure their survival that makes little sense. Couldn't a handful of them survived?
Did Canmore say he smashed them while they slept, or did he just say that he killed them all? I can't remember at the moment.
Was it ever planned to reveal more information about the "Blue Beaked Gargoyle" from Demonas Clan in CoS?
Richard Jackson writes...
I noticed in your memo for City of Stone that you placed Demona's clan living in caves at Lunfanan Hill in 1020 and 1040. Is that where that cell lived? http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?rid=134
Response recorded on August 26, 2011
I was wondering how long before 1020 that Demona's Clan, or at least the cell of it that consisted of "Second", "Kermit" and the other gargoyles who had hatched at Wyvern had been living at Lunfanan Hill. When Brooklyn seeks them out in 997, were the Lunfanan Caves the ones they lived in at that time?
Also, did Demona have a name for this cell (like calling the massacred gargoyles the Shruiglea Cell)? I think on GargWiki we are either calling it the Wyvern Cell or the Lunfanan Cell (which prompted me to ask my first question).
Just trying to get some facts straight for the Wiki. Thanks!
She wouldn't call it the Wyvern Cell. Maybe the Lunfanan Cell.
I don't know that I've broken down exactly when each cell moved where, but I think Lunfanan is a good bet for Second and Kermit, etc., even early on.