A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Hi Greg. I have a question about Demona's clan that she gathered after the massacre at Wyvern. In the archives, you said that that clan had at most 20 members and most were male. You also said that you were not sure if they had a rookery. But did they have any gargoyle beasts? Thanks.
I didn't see any, but maybe.
Was Demona close to any of her rookery siblings?
Was Demona close to any of her clan members at Moray?
2. I'm not sure she let herself get to close... but she's not a wizard at self-control either.
What was Demona's relationship with the people of Moray castle like? At Macbeth's coronation, those that were present cheered her on. How did they treat her over the next 17 years, and how did she react?
Generally, pretty well. But there was probably some occasional tension.
First, of all, I apoligize in advance if this question has ever been asked, but I looked through the archives and wasn't sure where I could find out if the question had already been asked. It applies to a gargoyle that only appeared briefly in a flashback and then in the background as part of the Avalon Clan.
My question applies to a certain gargoyle tht was part of Demona's group during the 'City of Stone' flashbacks. He has horns and wears a metal shoulder pad that singles him out among the other members of Demona's survivors. I see a gargoyle with a very similar appearance (horns and shoulder pad) as part of the Avalon Clan (Avalon Part III) just before the final attack on Archmage and his allies.
My question is, is this supposed to be the same gargoyle? I've got a few theories about their connection. One is that somehow this gargoyle was taken to Avalon sometime during one of Tom's visits to check on Goliath's clan, though the dates wouldn't match (it would have been 50 years after the spell was cast, not 100 years, Tom's normal check-in period). Another is that it was simply an accident and you didn't mean for thgis random gargoyle to appear in the background of the Avalon Clan. I'm sure it was just a goof, but if it was intentional, then it sounds like an interesting story, especially if the armpad gargoyle found out Angela was Demona's daughter and told her about his former leader.
Either way, I hope you answer my question and I hope I didn't type my question incorrectly (according to the guidelines) and there isn't any problem answering it.
Greg Weisman says:
Which answer do you want? Obviously, we reused some model sheets, but it's also possible that a gargoyle who once visited or lived in Wyvern was part of Demona's gathered clan. That gargoyle mated with a female gargoyle at Wyvern, resulting in an egg that grew up looking remarkably similar to his biological father. Uh, how's that?
1. At its highest population (which i'm assuming was in 1057, right before Canmore killed the Clan) how large was Demona's Moray Clan? Was it what you consider a "full Clan"? Was it larger than the Wyvern Clan in 994 AD?
2. We know that the Wyvern Clan split sometime after the last rookery of eggs was laid in 988 AD and that the split-Clan was already destroyed by the time Demona encounters some of its remnants in "City of Stone", so when was this spin-off Wyvern Clan destroyed?
3. Have you figured out what happened to the spin-off Wyvern Clan after the left Wyvern? Have you thought about their story at all? We know that Demona's Second in "City of Stone" belonged to this Clan, have you thought of his story before he met up with Demona? Was this Clan destroyed by humans also?
4. When Canmore destroyed Demona's Clan in 1057 there was probably a rookery of eggs that were to hatch in 1058. Did Canmore destroy these also?
5. When Demona and the other rouge gargoyles came together to make a Clan, how was it decided that Demona should be the Leader?
1. No, it was rather skimpy. Twenty gargs at the most, and most of them adult males.
2. I'm not tying myself down to a date with that yet.
3. I do have some ideas on this, but they're not fully fleshed out in my head, so I'm not going to go into them now.
4. I'm not sure Demona's nomadic clan (cobbled from remnant survivors of multiple other Scottish clans) had any eggs.
5. "Rouge Gargoyles"? As opposed to say, "Blush Gargoyles"? Yeah, yeah, I know it's just a typo. But it's a good one. Demona, as I think you can imagine, ASSERTED her leadership... physically. Also, she gathered the "clan". It didn't just come together.
some questions about Demona's "City of Stone Clan":
1. did Demona know any of them before the Wyvern Massacre?
2. were any of them once members of the Wyvern Clan?
3. were any of them once members of the clan that seperated from the Wyvern Clan?
4. were any of them banished gargoyles?
5. did you have any plans (in Gargoyles, or Dark Ages maybe) for showing where these gargs came from? i remember watching City of Stone for the first ime and wondering if i'd forgotten something from Awakenings or a flashback cuz one second they were the last of their kind and the next we found another group of them. kinda confused me...
5. The group that was the "last of their kind" (which also turned out not to be true) in "Awakening" were the six survivors who woke up in Manhattan in 1994. Nobody in 994 ever said that the Wyvern clan were the last of their kind.
And as with most things, given enough episodes I would have eventually dealt with just about EVERYTHING.
hey greg i have been wondering about demona lately so here are my questions
1.In the episode city of stone why did't demona stay in wyvern was in it much safer then in a cave or it it would bring to much painful memories
2.I notice that in city of stone in the cave where demona and her clan lived there was a beach behide it so i am wondering since castle wyvern was next to a beach was the cave near wyvern
3.does demona approve of angla's relationship with broadway
4. in vows why did't demona use the phenoix gate to stop
the death of her clan
1. The phrase "The Horror. The Horror." comes to mind.
2. I don't recall a beach behind that cave, and I always thought of that one being more interior to Scotland. But in any case, no, it wasn't Wyvern.
3. Well, as of when I left the show, Demona didn't know about Angela's relationship with Broadway. Only Angela, Broadway and Brooklyn knew. But assuming she found out, I think she'd have mixed feelings. Broadway is a Goliath loyalist, for starters.
4. A careful viewing would show she couldn't. If you're asking why she didn't try, I think one answer is that she did. Not by going back to the daylight hours of the massacre, when she couldn't have done anything anyway, but by going back to a point when her past self might -- had time travel worked that way -- have been able to change everything from that point forward.
In "City of Stone" part I and II, Demona had six gargoyles in her clan, including herself, and no female except herself. But in part III and IV there are clearly more.
1) Did her clan have any rookeries?
2) Where did they find the females?
3) Did Demona lay any eggs?
You're assuming that in every scene you were always seeing ALL the gargoyles in the clan. You weren't.
What clan did demona link up with after Goliath and the others were frozen? When she lead them to stealing food. In "City of Stone".
It was a remnant of multiple decimated Scotish clans.
i was wondering some things about Demona's second from "City of Stone" the rust-colored garg with the breastplate:
1. you've said before that the almost identical garg on Avalon is his son, so he was part of the Wyvern clan until it split, right? were all the new gargs in "City of Stone" from that clan?
2. was he from Goliath and Demona's generation or an older one? was he Demona's rookery brother?
3. you hadn't thought of a behind the screen name for him have you? if so, do tell...
4. did he ever have a romantic interest in Demona?
5. did he survive Canmore's massacre of Demona's clan?
6. would we ever see him developed more in one of the spin-offs? Dark Ages maybe?
2. Probably not.
3. He had no name.
4. Maybe briefly. But I don't think that lasted.