A Station Eight Fan Web Site
We see in the episode "Avalon Pt3" the Magus uses Avalon's magic to transform the Iron Knights into iron chains. We also know that the Fae can tap into Avalon's magic too and we also know that Avalon's magic can effect iron. So this is my question.
1. Can the Fae use Avalon's magic to effect iron too like the Magus can?
2. If the answer is no. Why can't they?
2. The Magus was a mortal conduit for the magic. It's one of the reasons that what he did killed him. He was adapting the island's magic to something it was not supposed to do.
i just watched "Awakening 1 and 2" and wow, i love these eps, particularly "Awakening 1" its beautiful!
anyway, i was wondering some things about the sleep spell:
1. would the sleep spell work on a human? could a human be put to sleep for a thousand years?
2. what is the spell's peculiar attachment with the castle? the spell says "until the castle rises above the clouds", but what if the Magus tried this spell on some rogue gargoyles? would they still sleep til Castle Wyvern rose above the clouds? what if the gargs live in another sort of structure, like the Mayan Pyramid? would the spell still work? i just don't quite understand the spells need for a link to the castle. could Magus have changed the spell to say "sleep until the sky burns or whatever"?
3. was the sleep spell in the Grimorum when Magus first acquiered it? was that spell in the Grimorum there when the Archmage first acquiered it?
i guess the Grimorum being transported through time by the Phoinex gate over 900 years really helped it to be presearved, eh?
1. The spell would work on humans. But we age while we sleep. So we'd die long before the castle rose above the clouds.
2. Open ended spells require more power, more energy. Setting a limit (no matter how unreasonable the limit may seem) makes casting the spell easier. Certain spells were written or adapted to certain limits. The Magus may also have adapted the spell to his needs. But basically, it was the equivalent of "til Kingdom come".
3. I imagine so.
1 How was demona's virus destroyed? Who destroyed it?
and what Happened to:
2 the medishi tablet
3 the praying gargoyle fragments
1. Don't know and don't much care. After the Hunter's Moon, the virus was largely harmless. Destroying it wasn't difficult. It could be poured down the drain.
2. Not saying.
3. Definitely not saying. ;)
Did Fang act the way he does now before he was transformed, or was it sorta saposta be that he was corrupted by his new powers? The Mutation seemed to affect Derik a bit, or at least have a sort of eye of oden affect on him.
Fang has an interesting history. Let's just say that who he is now is an extension of who he was. Of course, the metamorphosis effected him. But not to the exclusion of what had come before.
Earlier you said that some of the fay have converted to human religions. Can you tell me the religion of the following fay
Lady of the Lake
I don't think that's exactly what I said.
And I can't believe you haven't gotten the fact that I don't respond well to laundry lists.
I'm just 17, and I got the tootsie rool thing right away.
Anyway, I read some more unsatisfactory responces so I'll just restate some of them.
1)For the ill met by moonlight questons you didn't answer one cause I called Angela "Angie", But why should that keep you from answering? Anyway the question again is:
2)When Goliath, Gabreil and ANGELA fall into the water being filled with lava, why isn't it too hot to survive? If you don't know, just say so.
3)And I didn't understand your answer about Oberon giving Goliath immunity to his magic. Didn't he take that away in the Gathering, or does he just temporarily set it aside when it suits him? b) Is Goliath and clan immune to his arts by the end of the Gathering?
P.S.and, you right. I have a very dirty mind, so I'll just imagine Brooklen says what I want him to.
1. Sloth. Let's start by saying I don't actually owe you an answer to anything. If I'm not in the mood, I may just try to be funny. I may fail. But I could use a bit less 'tude, dude.
2. Like here, for example.
3. He never took the immunity away, he just interpreted the edict. He never uses his magic DIRECTLY against Goliath or the clan.
b. Depends on who's doing the defining. Since it's Oberon, he was, is and will always be immune.
P.S. I've forgotten what this refers too, but maybe that's just as well.
Referring to that Tootsie Roll quote, did you mean "my sympathies" to those who know of it because it would mean that we're old, or were you apologizing to us for using that quote as your answer? Anyways, like Sapphire said, it's not *that* old--in fact, it played when Gargoyles was still part of The Disney Afternoon (I know because it's on one of my tapes, though it's a version with a robot and a dinosaur monster instead of "Mr Owl" and "Mr Turtle").
I know I had a question to insert in here somewhere.... Ah yes:
You also just said, "Tachi will also get some individual rearing, because B&K will be the only parents in range." Maybe I misheard you, but I thought that at the Gathering you said that from your timeline calculations, it turns out that Tachi will still be an egg when Brooklyn returns from his timedancing. So did I misunderstand, or did you do some re-calculating?
Tachi will be born after they return. But she'll be the only egg to hatch in 1998 and thus the only set of rookery parents will be Brooklyn and Katana. She'll have a lot of rookery aunts and uncles though.
But basically, I was splitting hairs a bit.
you've said that Samson was raised in a communal rookery with many eggs in the rookery, so how does he know that he is descended from Demona? did Demona tell him or does he just know cuz he resembles Goliath THAT much and that means he is almost definetly descended from him and Demona?
Who said that HE knew he was descended from Demona?
Did I? Are you sure?
First I must say I adore Gargoyles.
I hope these questions don't offend you.
1. Do gargoyles have sex like humans do?
2. If so, do they experience pleasure?
3. Could a human and a gargoyle have sex? (i.e., Goliath and Elisa)
1. Largely but not exclusively.
2. Yeah, duh.
3. They can certainly give pleasure to each other. But I'm not going into detail in this forum.
hi again. When I wrote:
How does Cyotie 1.0 have enough rocket fuel in his head to take him back to Xanatos? It seems like quite a feat, isn't his brain supost ta be in there somewhere to? It still looks very cool though.
and Greg responded...
I think you've answered your own question.
Does that just meen that the take off was all for looks, and it wasn't meant to be scientifficly(yes, i know my spelling sucks) plasible?
If you know that your spelling sucks then why not do something about it. Get a dictionary and keep it by your computer. Sloth, I don't mean to be mean, but I'm an ex-teacher. And you're never going to improve if you insist on letting it slide. I'm not saying I never have a typo or other errors, but the percentage in your posts is kinda horrifying.
And relying on computerized spell-checks is dangerous. I once assigned an essay to my students asking them "What They Hoped to Get Out of their College Educations?"
I received multiple papers back that went on and on about what they hoped to get out of their COLLAGE educations. Collage being a real word that their spell-checkers recognized they never noticed that they had spelled it wrong.
USE A DICTIONARY, MAN!!
For starters, when words are spelled correctly, there are fewer distractions and fewer excuses for a guy like me to dodge the actual question you were trying to ask.