A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Here's hoping you're in a sharing mood... and to add something to GargWiki's timeline. ;)
From your timeline, you have revealed vague events that line up with a Gathering date and a character played by one of the special guests... so I was wondering if you now had one for ConVergence as it is the Gathering Reunion in 2014, and if so, if you would mind sharing it?
Gargoyle sympathizers gather for the first time in five years. Vinnie and Demona attend. (Just canon-in-training.)
What would the gargoyles reaction to Hurricane Sandy be in the year 2012?
I wanted to ask...
That Timeline of the Gargoyles Universe you said you wanted to publish is still likely to come out one day?
Thanks for your patience.
Anything's possible, but it seems less likely. I wouldn't want to publish spoilers in this format (i.e. outside the context of a well-told story), and most of the non-spoiler info is fairly accessible on the internet.
I read the are Greg's answers etched in stone question in the FAQ and that got me thinking
#1 Are any answers absolutely set in stone
#2 Would you consider Retconing or Altering anything from the series (aside from the Goliath Chronicles)
1. If you mean here at ASK GREG, then no.
2. Anything canon, like the first 65 episodes or the 18 SLG issues, is fixed. Mistakes exist in there, but we try to just incorporate mistakes into the universe. Is Sevarius' name misspelled on his briefcase? Yes. But we assume that mistake happened "In Universe" and that Sevarius got a discount because of the error. Of course, some things that you think you know from watching the episodes may turn out to be not as they seemed. For example, if you thought the Archmage died at the end of "Long Way to Morning" you were wrong. But not because we contradicted what was in the episode, but because when you see "Avalon, Part Two" you are presented with more information that changes what you thought you saw.
Here's hoping you're in a sharing mood. From your timeline, you have revealed vague events that line up with a Gathering date and a character played by one of the special guests... so I was wondering if you now had one for ConVergence as it is the Gathering Reunion in 2014, and if so, if you would mind sharing it? :)
Have you already chosen dates for the following events in the Gargoyles Universe (and of course, if the answer is yes, I'm not asking you to reveal them)?
For all three "events," I have not locked down specific dates, but I know generally where each takes place in the timeline.
Is there a viewing order for Gargoyles that differs from the airing order?
You said that the airing order hadn't aired a single episode out of order in a quote here:
But I believe that was before season 2 was finished.
I'm just about to start season 2 and wanted to clarify this before I got too far in.
Thanks! And I should have another question on a completely different topic in a couple of minutes.
Well, by now, you've probably viewed everything. (In any case, I hope you haven't been waiting six months for this response, as there are many other resources where this information is available.)
A couple episodes did air out of order the first time through. But the DVDs are all in the correct order.
The correct airing order is available at http://gargwiki.net/Episode_Guide.
There's a big gap in your timeline. Between February of 1995 (Reawakening) and September (Leader of the Pack), while there are a still small items, nothing particularly big happens. Did the gargoyles just have a few, relatively quiet months protecting the city? No encounters with Xanatos or Demona?
Largely, yes. Though things were being set in motion.
Hi Greg, I would like to know something about the rookery of the Avalon Clan for Liberty Clan. At Avalon, by the year 2188, only about 8 years have passed and the gargoyles my bill be 45 years old. So that they are even younger than the other gargoyles lay their first egg? In general, it would already be the year 2308, before they are 50 and really should place their first egg.
I'm sorry. Maybe it's the typos, but I'm not following you.
Also, my timeline doesn't go as far as 2308.
Hey Greg a timeline question or threerather.
1. You have detailed timelines for Young Justice and Gargoyls, do you do this for everything you do even when you havent built the universe from scratch like in your Captain Atom comics or WITCH?
2. When did you start this trait?
3. You have time and time again noted that YJ has no "canon year" and that 2010 worked for Year Zero as a math thing. So does that mean season two being in 2016 by that reckoning was a coincidence?
1. Not everything, no. I have a Captain Atom timeline from way back, but I'm sure it has no relevance to current DC continuity anymore. I don't think I ever did a WITCH timeline in the strictest sense, but I did make an effort to keep track of the backstories, etc.
2. In elementary school.
3. Heh heh heh.