A Station Eight Fan Web Site
I heard that you have a 5 season plan and ideas for the DTVs too. If that's the case, does that mean you definitely know (and have no doubt whatsoever in your mind) when, if ever, you will attempt storylines like The Death of Gwen Stacy, The Death of Captain George Stacy or The Clone Saga?
The phrase "no doubt whatsoever in [my] mind" gives me pause.
can spider man punch more often?
More often than who?
I just have a quick question about something from season 2 of Spectacular Spider-Man.
In the episode 'Opening Night', various people try to get a hold of Harry on his Ozberry (spelling?), but they can't reach him. In the same episode, Black Cat pulls out an Ozberry and mentions that she stole it. Are these two things connected or related?
I love how you and your team put little discrete things like that in the show.
Before I forget again, here's the rest of the reviews for Season 1 of TSSM:
- Have to say that each member gets decent screentime and focus in a single 22 minute episode.
- Would of liked to have seen more interaction with Sandman and Rhino since they've worked together before receiving their powers, but otherwise it was good to see their past association touched upon here.
- I find the scene with Eddie to be both funny and sad at the same time. Funny because of how he describes it, sad because of what's being said.
- Reading the original Alien Costume saga, I wasn't completely surprised that Peter was sleeping during the fight, but it was just as entertaining regardless considering the intensity of the action.
- As for the origin itself, I'd say that merging the movie and comic version was a good move creative wise.
- Hearing Ed Asner in another Spider-Man role was a nice surprise. Makes a good Uncle Ben.
- The Black & White tone didn't bother me since I've seen several B&W shows, cartoons and comics/manga. Heck, it's pretty fitting for an episode based off a 1962 story.
- Seriously though, Sally felt sorry for Peter? Sounds like we're veering into a What If? territory (kidding).
Nature VS Nurture:
- Not much to say on Venom, but that the character is easily better than the comic. Eddie is more likable, and his transformation into Venom is coherent and well put together.
- Getting into the earlier stories through The Essential Spider-Man, it was easy to appreciate the appearances of Peter's various love interest.
- With that in mind I'm aware that Pete and MJ won't hook up right away, which is fine since this is about his early years. Besides, I find the Peter/Gwen dynamic to be just as good as the comic, maybe even better (And I'm not just saying it because of the look that she gives either, honest).
Glad you liked the stuff!
I have a question about this response you gave to Rebel:
Which part of the world did gargoyles first arise in? For example, humans apparently arose in Africa and then migrated almost everywhere else, and then evolved. I'm curious to know which continent gargoyles first came from. If you'd care to narrow it down even further, that'd be great, since a continent is a really big place.
I did a search to see if this had already been answered, but I didn't see anything. If you've answered it already and I missed it, my apologies.
Response recorded on April 22, 2009
Did you mean that the gargoyles species as it exists today originated on Pangea or that gargates as a whole originated on Pangea?
The latter, probably. But let's talk about it in person in August, 'kay?
Was Raven's gargoyle form and his "clans" looks physically characteristic of the kind of gargoyles that would have been found in North America or Canada before they went extinct?
Not necessarily. He was modeling the forms off the totem poles, which as Natsilane stated were NOT based on gargoyles.
when will the spectacular spider-man season 3 come?and will other superheroes be in the series like ironman,x-men,prowler,fantastic four and captain america?
I've answered these questions many times. I'm tired of rewarding people for not checking the archives. So check the archives.
P.S. - I'm a HUGE and long time Gargoyles fan. Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful story and world.
You're very welcome. And thank you.
Did you see James Cameron's Titanic, and if so, how did you like it?
I have not seen it.
I've just watched the last episode of season two and I'm askin' myself - when you introduce a character by his name (like Gragan in the last episode, or Ben Reily) just for 2-3 seconds, do you plan to include them to the storyline or just for making us glad that we heard the name of Reily (cuz lots of people wanted Reily to be part of the show)?
And one more - God, how do you come up wit this stuff - the storyline, the relationships? (You're awesome)
When did you hear the name Reilly? I honestly don't recall putting that in anywhere. It is, of course, May Parker's maiden name. But I don't even recall using it for that.
As for Gargan, I've already stated that Scorpion is part of our proposed Season Three.