A Station Eight Fan Web Site
Ack! I meant to ask ya at the Gathering and forgot all about it!
Did you happen to see the Disney Quest shirts? The ones with the male, lilac gargoyle. It resembles Goliath, but it's eyes are glowing green, his forehead and chin was larger and his tail is more like the "devil tail". What did you think of them?
I don't think I saw them.
how do i/can i purchase the video collection
At this point, I don't know.
I was wondering if there is anyway to get a gargoyles screensaver? And if there is where can I get one???
I have no idea. Try asking in the comment room.
I remember going through a phase (quite a long one) where I was desperate for a GARGOYLES soundtrack. Carl Johnson's music was one of the main reasons the show hooked me. Obviously, I never got ahold of a soundtrack, as one doesn't exist. Which I find very annoying.
Disney doesn't, to my knowledge, put out soundtracks for any of their cartoons. Why? You know, and I'd think they'd know, that they could make money off it. There are plenty of collectors out there, nostalgic adults, excitable kiddies, or just plain fans. They could even release a "Disney Afternoon Collection" or something. Companies have tried marketing much stupider things. Disney music, in comparison, would be a very safe bet.
What do you think? Is there any reason Disney never explores that market avenue? Any chance they would in the future?
I know, once, long before Gargoyles came out they DID release a Disney Afternoon album which included themes from DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, etc. I don't have any idea how well it sold. I just remember seeing it in the Disney Stores lo those many years ago.
Personally, I think Disney's missing a bet. But a lot has to do with "opportunity costs". A collector's market is great. But it costs money to cut a record that only a few people (relatively speaking) are going to buy. If they don't think they have a MASS market for the music, they'd probably want to spend the money on what they'd view as a bigger opportunity.
Ack, forgot to put my name on the last post. Those questions you got from "Anonymous" about gargoyle-beasts were from me. Anyways, these ones are about merchandise.
1. From what I've seen in your previous comments, especially those regarding the helicopter, you weren't too thrilled with the "Gargoyles" action figure line. Are there any "Gargoyles" related items that were produced which you do like? I just managed to obtain a set of the large Applause figures from a friend of mine. They are really nice likenesses of the characters, although I still need to repaint Demona's hair. (It's black, lest you didn't know.) And I have a soft spot for my Coldstone figure. Pretty nice likeness, good action features, plus it was a gift from the guy who was soon to be my boyfriend at the time.
2. On the flip side, is there any "Gargoyles" item you wish you could have recalled and destroyed? I seldom hear anyone with much good to say about the Macbeth figure. His costume is totaly inaccurate and the stone smashing "thingy" he wields goes against his comment in his first appearence about not stooping so low as to smash the clan while they sleep. I wish the Elisa figure had her regular costume. And while I can live with the "Heroes Awaken" version of "Awakening", I really dislike the box art.
3. In order to end this on a more positive note, is there anything in particular you would have liked to see made? A certain figure? Statues? Art books? Bedsheets?
Thanks as always for your time.
1. That's not really true. It was very cool to see the gargs "brought to life" as toys. Some of the figures, particularly Brooklyn, were very flawed. But even so, I generally loved the first wave of toys. My disappointment was that they ended up making so few characters. Just taking the Batman approach and remaking multiple versions of everyone. I was VERY glad when they finally made Coldstone. I love that figure. And though the "screen" on his chest obviously doesn't really exist on the show, I thought it was a great idea for a toy. True to the spirit of a very confused character.
2. Recall? No. Fix? Sure.
3. That Lexington doorknob. But seriously, I'd have like to have seen more action figures covering more of our characters. Angela at least. And personally, I'd have liked to have been given the opportunity to write a series of novels.
My friend and fellow producer Jonathan Klein has just informed me that the TOWER RECORDS OUTLET STORE on Hollywood Blvd (in the mall with the Galaxy Theater, just east of La Brea) has multiple LASER DISK copies of the GARGOYLES animated "movie" available for $7 each.
Now, I never knew they released this on laser disk so I have no idea which of the three versions it is.
It could be the five episodes of the pilot collected together.
It's probably the version of the pilot which we edited for the big screen premiere in Orlando in '94, which was later released on home video.
But it may be the version that somebody edited as a TV movie for syndication.
Or, since it's a Laser Disk, it's possible it contains all three. I don't know. I haven't seen it myself.
But I just thought you'd all want to know.
Where can I but the Gargoyle collections of tv sitcom cartoons, all of them, from beginning on fox to ending on abc.
When were they on Fox?
And I don't think you can.
I have a question. I have been watching Gargoyles for some time now but I can never seem to get to watch all the episodes. Do you have or know of a summery of the plot for the series. I think that would be really helpfull
I'm sure someone's got it posted somewhere. Try asking in the comment room. If nothing else, you'll get a faster response.
where can you find really good pictures of Desdemona and Iago?
I don't know. By watching episodes that they're in?
Dear Greg I am a great fan of photography of the hunter for some reason or another it attracts my atention. I have recently been trying to find pictures of the hunter at gargoyle websites, I have found a few but not have been able to get a full body shot. So I was hoping you could tell me where I can find some good hunter photography ?
No idea. Sorry. Have you asked in the comment room?